hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: 96 not enough

Left by mutual consent!

96 not enough

Rather sick/intersting story about a football shirt with a slogan on it, I think the person from Liverpool is harsh on the staff at Sports direct, has she seen them? they barley know what day it is never mind Hillsborough. How can somebody buy that then have bottle to wear it?

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/brea...2703-24480996/

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    quite simply sickening!

I suspect the member of staff who printed it, probably wasn't born 20 years ago.

It's a sensitive issue, but the Liverpool spokesman is going way over the top.

You wonder about the ****bag who wanted it printed in the first place though

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    absolute ****bag.

hope he gets done in whilst wearing it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    absolute ****bag.

hope he gets done in whilst wearing it.
    I mean if you wore that to a match I am sure some fans wouldnt care but your in danger, big danger of a kicking from your own support never mind Liverpools fans.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    I mean if you wore that to a match I am sure some fans wouldnt care but your in danger, big danger of a kicking from your own support never mind Liverpools fans.
    i would hope so....

hopefully he'd get reported to the police and then given a life time ban

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I wouldn't have known what it meant either, tbh, and it's the first time I've seen the initials YSB.

I would probably have thought it was something to do with Man U directly, rather than an insult to Liverpool fans.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=Hibbyradge®;2136220]I wouldn't have known what it meant either, tbh, and it's the first time I've seen the initials YSB.

I would probably have thought it was something to do with Man U directly, rather than an insult to Liverpool fans

Its obvious when your told I guess but I would have thought it was Man Utd directly too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamheid View Post
    I suspect the member of staff who printed it, probably wasn't born 20 years ago.

It's a sensitive issue, but the Liverpool spokesman is going way over the top.

You wonder about the ****bag who wanted it printed in the first place though
    Totally, I am 28 and I can't remember it happening. Obviously I know now, but I don't think I would put have two and two together if I'd been asked to print that on a football shirt.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    I do not condone the actions of the person that had this shirt made up but the staff in the sports shop can't be blamed, most of the people working in these shops aren't much more than kids and must get asked to print all sorts of oddball slogans on the backs of football shirts. I for one when I saw the title of this thread did not instantly recognise it as a reference to the Hillsborough disaster, I certainly didn't know what 'YSB' was supposed to mean!!! I assume this sports shop was not in Liverpool?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge® View Post
    I wouldn't have known what it meant either, tbh, and it's the first time I've seen the initials YSB.

I would probably have thought it was something to do with Man U directly, rather than an insult to Liverpool fans.

YSB sounds like a gang from Salford.

@hibs.net private member
    Horrible thing to get printed on a shirt.

I think the woman quoted is OTT though - why would someone printing a shirt automatically know what it's supposed to mean. Her world was obviously ruined because off it but that doesn't mean it's the 1st thing on everyone else's mind.

The only person at fault here is the moron who wanted the shirt, as others have said the guy who printed it presumably had no idea what was going on and had probably printed up god knows how many other shirts that day.

I'm sure plenty folk know who the boy is before his facebook got pulled, hopefully he gets what he deserves.

We all dislike the rivals of our teams, but the folk who take it too far, way beyond the banter we all enjoy need to be removed from the game.

thing is, Hillsborough is a much bigger thing in the NW of England than it is up here. quite possible that the staff didn't know what they'd done though i agree. the campaign member is likely to have lost family at Hillsborough so understandable if the response is maybe a bit harsh imo

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    ****my thing to do. However I doubt I would have made the connection myself.

YSB? Didn't know but I still don't know what LTYF stands for either.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'rourke3 View Post

Don't concern yourself with those matters.

Just don't go putting it on the back of your T-shirt!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Horrible thing to get printed on a shirt.

I think the woman quoted is OTT though - why would someone printing a shirt automatically know what it's supposed to mean. Her world was obviously ruined because off it but that doesn't mean it's the 1st thing on everyone else's mind.
    however nobody has so far mentioned the irony of the apology being printed in the sun

For **** sake, it's hardly the person who printed the strip's fault is it, do these Hillsborough people expect everyone to know all about it no matter who they are, 20 years on?

It's a stupid shirt but the person in the article comes across as a typical Scouse whinger, hellbent on blaming everyone.
    Last edited by Rory89; 19-08-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O'rourke3 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge® View Post
    Don't concern yourself with those matters.

Just don't go putting it on the back of your T-shirt!

Good advice, dont put it on the back, put it on the front, wear it with pride !

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    however nobody has so far mentioned the irony of the apology being printed in the sun
    The SundaySun I dont think has anything to do with the Sun or the Murdock empire, a North East regional paper, I think?!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    It was the Sunday Sun. That is nothing to do with the Sun or with Murdoch. Their Sunday title is the News of the World.

The Sunday Sun is a North East regional paper

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by chorley_fm View Post
    Good advice, dont put it on the back, put it on the front, wear it with pride !
    Is all the blood in that woman's body in her head when that picture was taken? She looks freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    quite simply sickening!
    I wonder what would be the attitude of United supporters if someone was wearing a Liverpool shirt with 58 and 'Munich Ha ha ha' on it?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I wonder what would be the attitude of United supporters if someone was wearing a Liverpool shirt with 58 and 'Munich Ha ha ha' on it?
    It doesn't take much effort to find videos on You Tube of Liverpool fans mocking that disaster either — which his horrifically ironic really.

Petty point scoring and very poor banter from both sides.

@hibs.net private member
    The pondlife that ordered that shirt ought to be sat upon by a bunch of Sumo wrestlers to see if he thinks it's still funny.

The Liverpool spokesperson has gone way over the top blaming the store though - I'd have had no idea what it meant if I wasn't told. Doesn't make it any less disgusting though - shame on the **** bag

Had I really thought about it, I probably would've worked it out, but it's fair to say the shop worker is probably a fair bit younger, and there's no guarantee the person is even a big football fan who knows much about the event.

In no way can you blame the person who printed it. I'd have sussed it right away, but the chances are, it was probably a student who knows hee-haw about football just working there to earn some cash during the summer. Remember it is a sports shop, not strictly a fitbaw shop.

And regarding what he got done, this won't be big news to man utd or liverpool. they are constantly scoring points by mocking the disasters. Liverpool fans chanting that 'who's that dyeing on the runway, who's that dying in the snow' chant while doing aeroplane actions springs to mind....