hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What's your preferred outcome from the financial problems over at Yam land?

Voters
1526. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hertz do not exist anymore

746 48.89%
  • Hertz survive but play in a lower league

560 36.70%
  • Hertz survive and stay in SPL

49 3.21%
  • Don't care about them

171 11.21%
Page 590 of 1582 FirstFirst ... 904905405805885895905915926006406901090 ... LastLast
Results 17,671 to 17,700 of 47452
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we know this? Up until they all resigned from UBIG they claimed they weren't being paid from Hearts. But that was after the last set of accounts. I'm not disagreeing as it makes sense, but there can't be much left in the Yams pot given all the other commitments they have to make each week to avoid winding up. Is it worth the hassle for a couple of 5p pieces, a bent pin and the odd Opal Fruit wrapper found down the back of the sofa?
    Think the latest set of accounts showed the directors had been given a pretty significant wage increase and at the AGM it was justified as they never had a pay rise the year before or something.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/140824200/...counts-2011-12

Note 20: Directors remuneration for y/e 30 June 2012 was £93K and for the y/e 30 June 2011 was £67K.

Their only directors last year were Fedotovas, Romanov jnr, Romanov's niece (who resigned recently) and another Lithuanian who was appointed to manage the stadium project (!).

And a fine job he had done as well

worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    [/B]

And a fine job he had done as well

worth every penny
    the steps look lovely eh !

@hibs.net private member
    Interesting link about salaries paid in the sporting world. Celtic are at 169 on the list and Rangers, Hearts and Hibs are at 199,223 and 230 respectively. Worth noting the difference between Hearts and Hibs (and remember this is the average wage)

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...llenge-110601/

oh but but 5-1!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haagsehibby View Post
    Interesting link about salaries paid in the sporting world. Celtic are at 169 on the list and Rangers, Hearts and Hibs are at 199,223 and 230 respectively. Worth noting the difference between Hearts and Hibs (and remember this is the average wage)

Atletico Madrid have a lower average wage than Bolton. Crazy. Thanks for that, very interesting. The gap between Hibs and Hearts is huge!

Is it also true that Hertz had a lot more players, possibly on low wages that would have lowered their average.

Anyway, what a great summer this could be! I hope for a sloooooooooooow painful death!

Whilst, for us, with the right players added to the squad theonlywayisup!

First Team Breakthrough
    Link re Scandinavian bid

http://sport.stv.tv/football/229286-..._redirect=true

What's people's take on this?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Is it also true that Hertz had a lot more players, possibly on low wages that would have lowered their average.

Anyway, what a great summer this could be! I hope for a sloooooooooooow painful death!

Whilst, for us, with the right players added to the squad theonlywayisup!
    I would imagine us and Hearts would be similar on the lower paid players. I'm surprised our average pay is £2800 though, I thought our maximum would have been around £3k, so I'm presuming it's a fair bit more than that? Anyone know?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 7062 View Post
    Link re Scandinavian bid

Better have wads of wonga..... They sure as hell will need it...

Link re Scandinavian bid

I've heard they don't actually have any money at all and are a bunch of attention seeking cranks. They will fit in perfectly!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    It's true that up until 2-3 years ago their directors were unpaid, but they have been drawing money from HMFC more recently.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/140824200/...counts-2011-12

Note 20: Directors remuneration for y/e 30 June 2012 was £93K and for the y/e 30 June 2011 was £67K.

Their only directors last year were Fedotovas, Romanov jnr, Romanov's niece (who resigned recently) and another Lithuanian who was appointed to manage the stadium project (!).
    Cheers - thanks for that. I can see it makes sense for them to carry on, but I guess when they run out of cash to pay directors they'll call it a day (if the Lith admins haven't got there first).

A couple of interesting factoids popped out of the accounts - they value their tangible assets at £15m+ - which is the benchmark that bidders will have to take into account if they want to take over. The other interesting one is the highlighting of 'memorabilia' - valued at £154,000 they also mention it heavily on their website in the section about Hearts charitable and community activities.

I can see Christies engaged anyday soon to auction off their historic paraphernalia.

That is quite interesting - I notice the leagues below the Premiership in England haven't been included. The wages paid out in the championship, L1 and L2 would be fascinating to compare against the SPL.

Link re Scandinavian bid

The same story they were spouting 6 months ago

Link re Scandinavian bid

11 months just to prepare bid? Jeezo.

My take is that any bidder is going to have a hard time buying the club because I'd imagine the current encumbent would be about as transparent as brick. UBIG's assets are still frozen and given that a) Romanov is still on the run and b) UBIG are about to have insolvency confirmed then it's incredibly unlikely they'll be unfrozen for any sale to take place. The offer would have to be a mighty one for the lithunian government to even consider it.

As mentioned by others, this appears to me to be a group of people who would like to own Hearts but don't actually have the funds to be able to do so. There's no reason for this process to take any near as long as the media claims.
    Last edited by Gus Fring; 13-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Link re Scandinavian bid

Can't happen.

First Team Breakthrough Persevere80's Avatar
    Announced on the radio that all the hearts players are up for sale. A deluded jambo turns around to me and says all clubs players are for sale if the price is right.

Hahahahah

@hibs.net private member
    Link re Scandinavian bid

My thoughts on it are that it will be very hard to buy the club.

Romanov is not around at the moment and he will be the one that will be having the say so on whether the club is sold from the shares perspective.

Assetts are frozen so would need to sort that out. Any buyers will surely want to see up to date accounts and what the current creditors list looks. If they managed to buy the club for a smallish amountdebt free they have to plough even more money in because they have spent all the money required for close season and part of the coming season.

IMO, anyone buying the club will need to pay a lot just to get the club and then keep it running.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    A couple of interesting factoids popped out of the accounts - they value their tangible assets at £15m+ - which is the benchmark that bidders will have to take into account if they want to take over.
    Financial statement valuations are meaningless when it comes to buying a club out of / on its way into administration. Just look at the Sevco valuations.

@hibs.net private member
    If the plums fail to pay wages, do you think the SPL will have the balls to give them an immediate transfer ban knowing that they will be offloading players without being able to replace them. I can see a transfer ban coming into force about a week before the window shuts or something similar.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Saw this on Facebook.

Save Our Hearts - Heart of Midlothian FC est 1874

OK...An idea that has been in my head for a while now. If the Foundation is seriously passionate about taking over the club, they need to know how much passion is with the FANS regarding this demise of our Historical club.......Back in 1916 a guy called George McCrae decided that there needed to be a call to arms facing a major crisis namely the lack of volunteers willing to serve their country and fight during the Great War....now no disrespect and I'm not comparing our crisis with such, but George hired the Usher Hall and asked all concerned to attend. This call to arms succeeded in the whole Hearts squad enlisting and 500 players supporters marched to Castle Street and immediately sign up for the 'Supreme Sacrifice'.....My idea is that the FoH hire the Usher Hall....invite Hearts fans and any other supporters willing to make a pledge to 'Save Our Hearts'......charge a donation to recover the costs of the hiring it and see if there is enough who will make the effort to turn up to make a serious bid for our club. Talk is cheap, but getting of your arse and doing something is a little bit more substantial. I would then suggest that all attending march from Lothian Road to Tynecastle for a rally in the car park near the Old Stand. If only a handful turned up....then forget it! The club dies or just plods along for a slow death in the NEAR future. Laugh at my idea....I don't care, but the lack of anything substantial actively happening is really starting to worry me. Imagine 10,000+ marching being led by a pipe band along Shandwick Place, past what was the Hearts memorial, along Dalry and finally ending at Tynecastle? I can...and I am not laughing....it's up to the fans to stop talking the talk and walking the walk...it's our club and we are responsible for it's future. http://youtu.be/cil_g6p_jPY
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Isn't putting the players up for sale totally absurd, Hearts are obviously close to the brink, if they don't get a substantial cash injection in the next few days the club will quite possible go under. If that were to happen those players would be free agents, so why should anyone pay? Why not simply wait and get these guys for free?

Even then who are the sell able assets at Hearts? Walker, Wilson and Paterson, other than that who is gonna pay for Jamie McDonald?

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    I'm sure that a desperate, drowning man will clutch at anything for a bit of air, but this nugget from JKB was too priceless not to share

Surely somebody with connections could organise a glamour game friendly for Tynecastle this summer?

Eh? Since when did Hearts have numerous well heeled fans with intimate connections with continental powerhouses of football? I love the naivety at work there. Clearly, someone has been playing football management sims on their computer for too long...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajillions View Post
    11 months just to prepare bid? Jeezo.

As mentioned by others, this appears to me to be a group of people who would like to own Hearts but don't actually have the funds to be able to do so.
    Scandinavians are out of order. FoH already occupy this stance.

Jamie Borthwick @jamiekborthwick
    Crest, which was advising Scandinavians on bid for Hearts, confirm on website they have handed over responsibility for the bid to the group.

Jamie Borthwick @jamiekborthwick
    That means the six in the consortium are now doing the negotiating directly with the administrators in Lithuania.

First Team Breakthrough littleplum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persevere80 View Post
    Announced on the radio that all the hearts players are up for sale. A deluded jambo turns around to me and says all clubs players are for sale if the price is right.

Hahahahah
    In a sense he's right, however, most teams don't desperately advertise that fact. Rod might be prepared to sell his body for hibs for the right price but David Southern has ran out onto Gorgie Road and is showing his knee to the passing traffic.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Saw this on Facebook.

Save Our Hearts - Heart of Midlothian FC est 1874

OK...An idea that has been in my head for a while now. If the Foundation is seriously passionate about taking over the club, they need to know how much passion is with the FANS regarding this demise of our Historical club.......Back in 1916 a guy called George McCrae decided that there needed to be a call to arms facing a major crisis namely the lack of volunteers willing to serve their country and fight during the Great War....now no disrespect and I'm not comparing our crisis with such, but George hired the Usher Hall and asked all concerned to attend. This call to arms succeeded in the whole Hearts squad enlisting and 500 players supporters marched to Castle Street and immediately sign up for the 'Supreme Sacrifice'.....My idea is that the FoH hire the Usher Hall....invite Hearts fans and any other supporters willing to make a pledge to 'Save Our Hearts'......charge a donation to recover the costs of the hiring it and see if there is enough who will make the effort to turn up to make a serious bid for our club. Talk is cheap, but getting of your arse and doing something is a little bit more substantial. I would then suggest that all attending march from Lothian Road to Tynecastle for a rally in the car park near the Old Stand. If only a handful turned up....then forget it! The club dies or just plods along for a slow death in the NEAR future. Laugh at my idea....I don't care, but the lack of anything substantial actively happening is really starting to worry me. Imagine 10,000+ marching being led by a pipe band along Shandwick Place, past what was the Hearts memorial, along Dalry and finally ending at Tynecastle? I can...and I am not laughing....it's up to the fans to stop talking the talk and walking the walk...it's our club and we are responsible for it's future. http://youtu.be/cil_g6p_jPY

Great idea but I don't know how they will fit 10000 jambos into the Usher hall, only holds about 2900

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Never mind, Jambo chums, there's always Massone.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    How does their "Europe" song start again?

"AND NOW THE END IS NEAR,"
    NEXT LINE SUNG BY SINATRA
    AND SO WE FACE THE FINAL CURTAIN.

Left by mutual consent!

Where's the colour of your money!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Can't happen.
    Where's the £10 million the administrator will want plus the HMRC paymnets and then the money required to run the club for the next season. This will be another fantasy bid ala Kenedey!