hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What's your preferred outcome from the financial problems over at Yam land?

Voters
1526. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hertz do not exist anymore

746 48.89%
  • Hertz survive but play in a lower league

560 36.70%
  • Hertz survive and stay in SPL

49 3.21%
  • Don't care about them

171 11.21%
Page 4 of 1582 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't think Vlad is extracting urine. He simply isn't bankrolling them any more and if they don't have the money they can't pay the wages.

SPL warned Hearts after first offence, transfer embargo on second so you would assume a more severe penalty after third and points deduction would make sense as they can't afford a fine.

If they can't sell anyone in January- Ryan McGowan and Andy Driver seem the obvious candidates they won't last until the end of the season unless they get an advance on their tv money or prize money for finishing last.

Serious question- would anyone have taken a 5-1 final victory over them for the state they are in now?

Personally, much as it hurt on the day, no way myself. Can't wait to see them struggling in the lower leagues. Wonder if they will still consider themselves a big club.
    All of this just angers me more when I think of 5-1. Had the SPL got their act together quicker they wouldn't have been permitted to sign Beattie (probably not Skacel either) and wouldn't have even made it to the final, never mind hammered us.

We were well beaten by a far better team that day, but that team was assembled by cheating, quite simply.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    All of this just angers me more when I think of 5-1. Had the SPL got their act together quicker they wouldn't have been permitted to sign Beattie (probably not Skacel either) and wouldn't have even made it to the final, never mind hammered us.

We were well beaten by a far better team that day, but that team was assembled by cheating, quite simply.
    But would you swap places?

I hope they take their tainted cups, **** off tae div. 3 with their big cousins, or better still, **** off tae some pub league where they can get pumped every week by " The Cockwright Inn " or others of that ilk.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    But would you swap places?
    I don't really know tbh. Even if they end up severely damaged from all of this, they'll always have the memories of 4-0 and 5-1, and we will always have the pain - those were the two worst days of my life.

The idea of swapping places with Hearts in any way sits very uncomfortably, but I can't see any way that we can even come remotely close to redressing the considerable deficit in bragging rights in my lifetime, and that is extremely sore, not least because of the methods they have used for it to come about.

If they go out of business, justice will have been done IMO.

Don't think Vlad is extracting urine. He simply isn't bankrolling them any more and if they don't have the money they can't pay the wages.

SPL warned Hearts after first offence, transfer embargo on second so you would assume a more severe penalty after third and points deduction would make sense as they can't afford a fine.
    There were numerous incidents of late wages over the past three years that were blamed on 'computer glitches'. No action was taken. Hearts switched from weekly to monthly payments in response. Romanov later made it clear that UBIG were no longer going to bankroll Hearts.

Then there was the protracted delay around January-February of this year. This was reported to the SPL but before they could take any action season ticket renewals started to trickle in and the players were paid. The SPL gave Hearts a final warning that sanctions would apply if it happened again. It did happen again but the delay was only for one or two days and the SPL took no action. Maybe the SPL were too preoccupied with the Rangers meltdown to pay much attention to Hearts?

Hearts bought some time with the cup run and final win plus the match against Liverpool. Now the cash seems to have run out again. They have little chance of raising much cash before next march or whenever the season ticket renewals go out. The League Cup tie away to Dundee United is hardly likely to be a major money spinner. Unless they progress and draw Celtic or Sevco in the Semi-finals or draw a big one in the Scottish Cup, the only cash coming in for the next six months will be walk-up and visiting supporters.

After transgressions in successive months the news has come out that they are under a transfer embargo. UEFA will certainly get involved at some stage. They withheld payments to a number of clubs who owed wages Atletico, Malaga, Sporting Lisbon and Fenerbahce were warned or fined under FFP rules because of unpaid wages, taxes or transfer fees.

The reason I think that Romanov is extracting the urine is that he could have lost more players in the close season and wasn't forced to sign new players including Ryan Stevenson. What is the point if you are going to run out of cash in September. He was obviously banking on the assumption that the SPL would take no action and they could duck and dive their way through to the transfer window.

@hibs.net private member
    Just a thought. Does a transfer embargo only apply to signing players or can they not sell them as well?

Testimonial Due
    Hearts are one of many examples of whats wrong with football these days. Truley rotten to the core in every department. To think of the relative success they've had in the last few years because of some crook from lithuania is sickening. If they were to go bust like their blue cousins I would be ecstatic

@hibs.net private member
    Fairly meaningless punishment if the c units can't afford to sign anybody anyway.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Point is they were signing people ie Beattie when they couldn't afford to pay current players on time.

How does this embargo work though? If they manage to pay wages in a week or two can they then sign a player and add him to the list of those who will be paid late the following month?

Completely quashes any rumours of Rudi going back

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieMartinx View Post

So maybe WE should have a wee word in his shell-like?

We'll probably be looking for a midfielder or two come January ...

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    They'll get away with it with a wee friendly slap on the wrists as per usual.

Where as, if it was us. They'd be looking to stick the boot in as hard as possible.

@hibs.net private member
    Friend tells me Rudi is in the Hearts shop tomorrow signing things so surely they will be able to pay players on all the profits.

On a more realistic note he seemingly tweeted that he was going back home last week to collect his car from Prague as he would be staying in Edinburgh.

Looks like no-one told him about the top secret transfer embargo then hee,heeouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    So maybe WE should have a wee word in his shell-like?

We'll probably be looking for a midfielder or two come January ...
    There can be no dispute that he is a classy footballer but on a personal basis he just ain't hibs Class wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot barge pole., also heard no matter what club he ends up at he wants 51 on back of jersey .
    Last edited by King Dominique; 17-10-2012 at 02:03 PM.

There can be no dispute that he is a classy footballer but on a personal basis he just ain't hibs Class wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot barge pole., also heard no matter what club he ends up at he wants 51 on back of jersey .
    We could all chip in a fiver so we can sign Rudi until January, give him shirt number 62 and make him sit in the stands every week so he can see what an insignificant LOSER he's become.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Last night I tried to stick a fiver on hearts finishing bottom at 66/1 William hills app on my phone only allowed me to put on £1.52. Get deducting the points from them pronto SPL

Just a thought. Does a transfer embargo only apply to signing players or can they not sell them as well?
    Just to incoming transfers.

If there was significant non-payment between now and January, players could walk without a transfer fee on grounds of breach of contract. Quite a lot of the Hearts' squad have their contracts expire at the end of the season anyway so they could sign pre-contracts in January.

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    It now seems fairly certain that a transfer embargo was placed on them last month, even if no one was told about it. What I can't find anywhere is any indication of how long said embargo was/is for. Was it only for a few weeks ? Is it ongoing ? Anybody have a clue ?
    At Easter Road They Play.....

There needs to be a deterrent. If SPL/SFA are serious about new rules and learning from last season (yams wages and sevco debacle) then they can't just put in a temp embargo until wages paid as that has zero impact. As a minimum they should be banned from incoming transfers until Jan window and if it continues then points deduction.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    It now seems fairly certain that a transfer embargo was placed on them last month, even if no one was told about it. What I can't find anywhere is any indication of how long said embargo was/is for. Was it only for a few weeks ? Is it ongoing ? Anybody have a clue ?
    It would have been lifted as soon as the players were paid

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    It would have been lifted as soon as the players were paid
    If so, what a pointless toothless punishment. A transfer embargo when you can't actually sign anyone as it is outwith the window and you have no ****in money then lift it when the payment is made!!!!! Only in Scotland.
    It has to be a points deduction to make them take any notice. Ffs they have done it now about half a dozen times and will continue until the authorities take meaningful action. Have they learned nothing from the huns fiasco?

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    If so, what a pointless toothless punishment. A transfer embargo when you can't actually sign anyone as it is outwith the window and you have no ****in money then lift it when the payment is made!!!!! Only in Scotland.
    It has to be a points deduction to make them take any notice. Ffs they have done it now about half a dozen times and will continue until the authorities take meaningful action. Have they learned nothing from the huns fiasco?
    Spot on. I was reading it as the transfer embargo was STILL in place despite them paying up last time. Clearly it's not going to be removed now unless our football administrators in this country are complete and utter twats.....oh wait a minute..

Every club in the SPL should be hammering them because they're cheating against every club in the SPL and have been for years.

Hit the ****ers with 30 points.

I would take great delight in seeing them go to the wall, lose tyncastle, be liquidated and end up re-born in non league. I would piss myself laughing for years and they could stick the Scottish cup up there arse. 5-1 or survival? Get it right up them.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I would take great delight in seeing them go to the wall, lose tyncastle, be liquidated and end up re-born in non league. I would piss myself laughing for years and they could stick there Scottish cup up there arse.
    I think Vlad will turn them into a basketball team ..the Edinburgh Cocks ..

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Every club in the SPL should be hammering them because they're cheating against every club in the SPL and have been for years.

I'm with you on this Mikey, i only got 66/1.

Blog Entries
    Not really. As soon they are paid in a few days time he will be eligible to sign for them. They'lll have him signed by the next non-payment of wages. That won't even hit Skacel as Romanov is his sugar-daddy and will pay him privately.

Maybe it's time the SPL started asking them some awkward questions.
    If the transfer embargo is indeed in place already then a points deduction is the next logical step. And a bigger points deduction every subsequent month.

Hit them with 6 points and send them to the bottom of the league.

There's a pattern developing here. Any advance on 30 points??

Absolutely, the relative success of the last few years has been acheived through cheating. Exactly the same as the huns, playing players who they can't afford.

Throw the book at them.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    The fact that they have ongoing financial problems and have been, or still are, under transfer embargo, and entertaining a free agent and dangling him as a carrot under the noses of the deluded, is a mockery of the SPL's rules.

Deduct points pronto and put them in their place.....which would be bottom of the league