hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What's your preferred outcome from the financial problems over at Yam land?

Voters
1526. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hertz do not exist anymore

746 48.89%
  • Hertz survive but play in a lower league

560 36.70%
  • Hertz survive and stay in SPL

49 3.21%
  • Don't care about them

171 11.21%
Page 3 of 1582 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a transfer ban was put in place but never announced?

Seems strange.
    A secret points deduction could be hilarious, if they finished 9th but then got relegated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    So a transfer ban was put in place but never announced?

Seems strange.

Could this be the reason Skacel seems to be hanging around like an abandoned mut ?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Year long transfer embargo should be put in place, and be extended every time they fail to pay.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Year long transfer embargo should be put in place, and be extended every time they fail to pay.
    And McGlynn should have to run round Tynie with his trousers and pants around his ankles, like when you get grannied at pool.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    And McGlynn should have to run round Tynie with his trousers and pants around his ankles, like when you get grannied at pool.
    You're sick in the head!! :)

Pointless as he does that for pleasure when no-one's looking anyway.

While sucking his thumb.

If the transfer embargo is indeed in place already then a points deduction is the next logical step. And a bigger points deduction every subsequent month.

Imagine how smug you would feel if that happens and you had cash on them to be relegated at 100/1

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

He'll be too busy making sure his wife is out working.

Back-shift maybe

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    A transfer embargo for a team that can no longer afford to sign players? Pointless.

Either, give them a 3pt deduction every time they pay late, OR, ban them from playing the players they can't afford to pay until the wages are paid.

And if they're not paying their players then who else aren't they paying?

They're gonna go pop

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    And if they're not paying their players then who else aren't they paying?

They're gonna go pop
    Surely these days any company being asked to supply Hearts with any sort of product or service would tell them to get stuffed unless they got paid in advance.

If not they deserve to get shafted.
    :giruy:

Personally I think they can afford to pay them, but they are choosing not to. If it is indeed the higher earners that are not being paid then I suspect that Vlad is creating an environment where they will choose to leave in January and lessen the wage bill.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Thought I'd have a wee look over on brokeback. Liked this - Posted Today, 20:24
    I no its clutching at straws but the 16th isn't over yet some banks clear money at different times etc or the players could be on a verbal agreement to get paid on a seperate date!

they really are full of ****

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Thought I'd have a wee look over on brokeback. Liked this - Posted Today, 20:24
    I no its clutching at straws but the 16th isn't over yet some banks clear money at different times etc or the players could be on a verbal agreement to get paid on a seperate date!
    Didn't you know that all big clubs had arrangements in place to pay their employees on different days of the month?

I thought it was common knowledge, happens in Madrid, Manchester and Munich all the time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Personally I think they can afford to pay them, but they are choosing not to. If it is indeed the higher earners that are not being paid then I suspect that Vlad is creating an environment where they will choose to leave in January and lessen the wage bill.
    While you may be right as they seemed to hit the same problems last year I am not convinced they are not entirely reliant on Vlad's largesse to meet the bills. The last accounts showed operating losses of over £24m for three seasons.

Despite all the "nothing to see here" comments they are not in a healthy state.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Could this be the reason Skacel seems to be hanging around like an abandoned mut ?

Skacel certainly seems to be making an erse of himself hanging aroung tynie when its been known to hearts that he can't sign. Looks like he'l need to drop his overly inflated wage demands/ego and piss off somewhere else

is it the same 5 or 6 players that weren't paid on time as per last month - or do they choose a handful of players from a hat?

Will they ever be punished for breaching the rules, seems not.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Can anyone tell me if these rules we talk about actually are in place. It just seems to me that if they are then there are people at sfa/spl who are not doing their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Can anyone tell me if these rules we talk about actually are in place. It just seems to me that if they are then there are people at sfa/spl who are not doing their jobs
    They need to be punished, and they need to be seen to be punished. Some top secret transfer embargo, which may or may not be in place, doesn't send out much of a message.

Some, or all, of those 6 players will play at the weekend and they could easily pick up points by using them. That's what happened when they went to Tannadice.

Hit them with 6 points and send them to the bottom of the league.

@hibs.net private member
    link to the story:

BBCBMcLauchlin@BBCBMcLauchlin Hearts hit with transfer embargo http://bbc.in/R8r7Uk

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    link to the story:

BBCBMcLauchlin@BBCBMcLauchlin Hearts hit with transfer embargo http://bbc.in/R8r7Uk
    So signing Skacel again just couldn't happen.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The interesting thing is if they've already been hit with this last month, this month's late payment will likely be seen as a second offence. Therefore another punishment will have to used. Admittedly Maroonsevco informed the SFA within the required timescale, but as the transfer embargo was put in place straight away last month I think a point deduction this time I'd looking distinctly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    They need to be punished, and they need to be seen to be punished. Some top secret transfer embargo, which may or may not be in place, doesn't send out much of a message.

Some, or all, of those 6 players will play at the weekend and they could easily pick up points by using them. That's what happened when they went to Tannadice.

Hit them with 6 points and send them to the bottom of the league.
    totally agree with the points deduction.Their fans dont really care if the are getting paid but a points deduction will really get to them and put pressure on mad vlad , win win situation for us

A points deduction is the only logical solution.

Or them going bust.

tick tock.

Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    The interesting thing is if they've already been hit with this last month, this month's late payment will likely be seen as a second offence. Therefore another punishment will have to used. Admittedly Maroonsevco informed the SFA within the required timescale, but as the transfer embargo was put in place straight away last month I think a point deduction this time I'd looking distinctly likely.
    A second offence?

More likely fifth or sixth offence.

They were warned by the SPL last season that any further transgressions would be stamped on. This month is the third one since then.

Vlad is taking the pish.

On Google images I put in "Late Wages Payment" and this came up

http://images.google.co.uk/search?nu....1.4hdMf0IaluU

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Pick the bones out of this roaster from over the road.

Reality is that there is no debt unless Vlad has been borrowing from a 3rd party to fund what he has spent at Hearts over the last 7 years. Basically he has spent all of the money out of his own pocket, albeit he is holding the debt/liability on the books of his companies. There are only two real assets left on the books at Hearts, players contracts and stadium. He is reducing the former by allowing contracts to end and releasing players so we are left with only the stadium. The stadium has virtually zero value as a football stadium however it is still probably worth £8-10 million for future development potential. It is also a good bargaining tool with the Council re any future land swap and development of a new stadium or regeneration of part of Edinburgh. These discussions are still ongoing I believe. If they fall through then Vlad's only likely way out is £8-10m for the stadium plus an amount for the 'goodwill' and Hearts brand and history. Realistic price is therefore probably £10-15m with Vlad writing off any 'debt'. Are there interested parties out there at that price is the question. Probably not is the answer. So Vlad's strategy is spend not a penny more until he absolutely has to ie when someone threatens a winding-up Order because in that scenario if administration/liquidation happens he probably receives nothing for the debt, nothing for the goodwill and loses ownership of the stadium. He isnt stupid enough, even by his standards, to allow administration to happen. Rangers case with CG buying everything for £5.5m must have been a blow to Vlad because it suggests that a knock-down post-Admin price for Hearts is probably around £1m at most. So he would sell t £5-10m to avoid Administration is my guess. Its quite simple, if there are any groups out there with an interest the time is right to make a move. Otherwise we soldier on with a continuing reduction in playing staff numbers and quality and continuing months where the wages and all suppliers don't get paid until they have to.

Wish he would make his mind up? Do they have 2 assets or not?

Tick tock.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    A second offence?

More likely fifth or sixth offence.

They were warned by the SPL last season that any further transgressions would be stamped on. This month is the third one since then.

Vlad is taking the pish.
    Don't think Vlad is extracting urine. He simply isn't bankrolling them any more and if they don't have the money they can't pay the wages.

SPL warned Hearts after first offence, transfer embargo on second so you would assume a more severe penalty after third and points deduction would make sense as they can't afford a fine.

If they can't sell anyone in January- Ryan McGowan and Andy Driver seem the obvious candidates they won't last until the end of the season unless they get an advance on their tv money or prize money for finishing last.

Serious question- would anyone have taken a 5-1 final victory over them for the state they are in now?

Personally, much as it hurt on the day, no way myself. Can't wait to see them struggling in the lower leagues. Wonder if they will still consider themselves a big club.
    Last edited by PatHead; 17-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Yams under tranfer embargo......

Don't normally look at whats happening with the YAMS but spied this on ITV http://www.itv.com/sport/football/ar...nsfer-embargo/

Have a word did they not just get 300K the other day there ?

Administration next ......hopefully ! :fenlon

GGTH