hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What's your preferred outcome from the financial problems over at Yam land?

Voters
1526. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hertz do not exist anymore

746 48.89%
  • Hertz survive but play in a lower league

560 36.70%
  • Hertz survive and stay in SPL

49 3.21%
  • Don't care about them

171 11.21%
Page 1532 of 1582 FirstFirst ... 5321032143214821522153015311532153315341542 ... LastLast
Results 45,931 to 45,960 of 47452
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just the small matter of the shares being transferred. Oh and let's not forget the UBIG shares that they still need to get a hold of, that are frozen.

Nowhere close to being over
    Lots of thick ice in the waters they are sailing its not over yet by a long shot. The little matter of the frozen shares to be un frozen by the court AKA Portsmouth.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sh00byd00 View Post
    I tend to take anything the "in the know" crowd spout with a pinch of salt. I can't believe there are people on here that take people on the internet at face value or lap up everything they get told, then act all disappointed when it's proven it's all been nonsense. Hey-ho, they've gotten away with it again, but it's not the worst thing in the world to have happened.
    Next you'll be telling me that I haven't won £23,567,819 in the Nigerian lottery...

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    There's some pretty breathtaking hypocrisy on here of late.

In a democracy, the last time I checked, you are entitled to vote and to do so for whatever motivation propels you. If you want to vote Yes or No in a Referendum on account of anything at all you can and should do so. I don't like that particularly, but it is your right.

Anyone who thinks that politics should be kept out of this discussion, or has nothing to do with the subject matter, is being extremely naive. A judicial process is being pursued by the various parties and it is subject to political pressure on a number of sides. The fact that the man who is currently First Minister of Scotland has volunteered himself into the public eye on this one simply brings the politics into sharper focus. The politics of all this isn't just a legitimate subject for this debate and this thread, it is an essential part of it.

We have a range of posters on this thread asking that Referendum/Salmond related political points be posted elsewhere rather than this thread. That's pretty ironic given the number of posters who are posting all over the thread with 'Yes' avatars and/or adverts on all of their posts. Added to which if people are genuinely reconsidering their voting intentions on the Referendum/Salmond due to his intervention in this matter then that surely becomes a legitimate part of the discussion, regardless of whether you think it is sensible of them to base their vote on such an issue?

For my part I am voting No and was always going to do so. That's because of the many £billions deficit that independence would demonstrably cause us and which will certainly require massive cuts in public services like the NHS, education and benefits - way beyond anything coming from Westminster.

So on Salmond intervening with the Lithuanians I think that if he was going to do it he should have done it quietly without announcing it, if at all. That's not really his style though is it? I think it would have been more legitimate of him to have done this if we had also heard him using the office of First Minister to publicly call for an investigation into what has been going on at Hearts over the last few years or indeed calling for action by the appropriate authorities against Romanov. Perhaps he has done so and I missed it.

Anyway, my main interest here is for this CVA stuff and the Referendum to both just be over. They have both sucked too much time and energy from far more important things that really matter and given too much prominence to people and institutions who were already sufficiently self-obsessed.
    Yes, we do live in a democracy, but that is a word that is bandied about very loosely, and many different people and cultures have very different interpretations of it. Athens, supposedly the first recognized democracy, was, in many ways, anything but. I actually totally disagree with virtually everything you say apart from the penultimate paragraph. I will be voting Yes and would seriously question how you arrived at your conclusions regarding "£billions deficit that independence would demonstrably cause us and which will certainly require massive cuts in public services." It is hardly demonstrable.
    Anyhow, Salmond has never hidden his support of Hearts, the same way Gordon Brown never seems to hide his support of Raith Rovers, but your suggestion that he should have publicly called for an investigation into what has been going on at Hearts is one I totally agree with. And as you say, it's not his style is it? So there would have been little or no chance that he would have asked why they weren't demoted before the start of the season as any other club probably would have been. I would also add that they have received unwavering support from the media, particularly presenters on Radio Scotland Sportsound, they have been given hours and hours of air time to plead their case which would certainly not have happened with any other club. All it does is highlight how corrupt the whole system is in Scotland, and the ineffectiveness or inability of the BBC to provide a neutral, unbiased view on the matter.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Gets to the point you think, what's the point in sporting integrity?

The games a bogey.

Done with scottish football.
    They were punished exactly in line with the rules and they have agreed a deal with their creditors, surely a harsher punishment is not exercising sporting integrity?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

UBIG shares STILL FROZEN/No decision following UKIO Meeting/Vlad arrested/rel...

46331 posts - most of which look a wee bit silly now

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    European elections are coming up are they not?

Looks like the MP seems to be implying that they're out of the woods now. Even he can't get his facts straight.
    It's over now. They got away with it.

Only thing left is to hope we won't join them in the Championship next season.

It's always the same. They get a bit of news that they consider to be good, folk lob their toys out of the pram, then a few hours later it all comes out in the wash that they're still nowhere near over the line.

Given this latest 'news' on Hear7s, please can you leave the political stuff out of this thread as there'll be a lot of people wanting to catch up on what's happening

BBC Text:
    'Ukio Bankas owns 30% of Hearts' shares and security over Tynecastle Stadium.
    But that will now be sold following agreement at a meeting of Ukio Bankas creditors committee'.
    Two ways of reading that?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It's always the same. They get a bit of news that they consider to be good, folk lob their toys out of the pram, then a few hours later it all comes out in the wash that they're still nowhere near over the line.
    Can you blame folk?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    Yeah, yeah... That's them out the woods by all accounts.
    you really believe this do you, really??? anyone who thinks they have not gotten away with it needs a reality check. not read anything about the hurdle of frozen shares anywhere else but here, and as I said before, I never believed it.

They will hopefully rot in division 1 for 4-5 years as Tynecastle continues to crumble away like the piece of **** it is. But make no mistake, getting away with £30million+ debt and only having to repay a fraction of this is cheating and will be seen as a victory by that lot across the city.

They are out of the woods as far as survival is concerned, but they will have numerous other problems to confront in the next few years which is pleasing. As frustrated as I am I would still never trade their position for ours in a million years.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    BBC Text:
    But that will now be sold following agreement at a meeting of Ukio Bankas creditors committee'.
    as far as I can understand that it's meaning sold to Budge/HOMFC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Assets frozen or not?

Well said Mikey. The digs folk are giving out to those who have posted good info throughout is low. I for one appreciated it as it was always pretty much spot on.

The folk taking the huff... Get a grip of yourself's man.

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    BBC Text:
    See I didn't want to get my hopes up - poor journalism again just not confirming to whom?

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boab1875 View Post
    you really believe this do you, really??? anyone who thinks they have not gotten away with it needs a reality check. not read anything about the hurdle of frozen shares anywhere else but here, and as I said before, I never believed it.

They will hopefully rot in division 1 for 4-5 years as Tynecastle continues to crumble away like the piece of **** it is. But make no mistake, getting away with £30million+ debt and only having to repay a fraction of this is cheating and will be seen as a victory by that lot across the city.

They are out of the woods as far as survival is concerned, but they will have numerous other problems to confront in the next few years which is pleasing. As frustrated as I am I would still never trade their position for ours in a million years.

I was being sarcastic my friend. They are far from being out the woods and even IF, they do end up with the shares, it's just the start for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    It's over now. They got away with it.

Only thing left is to hope we won't join them in the Championship next season.
    Yup.

We had a chance to relegate them at the PBS and have a few hours fun. We've had a chance on the park to beat an awful team on several occasions, including a cup QTR final.
    Typical Hibs; we don't only screw that up, but we could easily be joining them in relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    46331 posts - most of which look a wee bit silly now
    Not that the owners of this site give a monkeys 😉 ....Ching Ching 💷💷

First Team Regular GREEN WARLORD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boab1875 View Post

Did you not check the link to the Bloomberg site or did you miss that? Yes, it was written over a year ago but it was still put up on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturdays Hero View Post
    Not that the owners of this site give a monkeys  ....Ching Ching 
    Why would they? Anything said that is against the law?

Give it a break. The owners of this site are on top of anything that is deemed unnecessary.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Well said Mikey. The digs folk are giving out to those who have posted good info throughout is low. I for one appreciated it as it was always pretty much spot on.

Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Why would they? Anything said that is against the law?

Give it a break. The owners of this site are on top of anything that is deemed unnecessary.
    It's not the unnecessary.....it's the opposite go to page 1 of the main forum and it's just thread after thread of tedious mis-informative dross 👍

Most of what has been written on here has been speculation, with the majority of posters happy to admit that. Some posters have claimed more 'insight' than others, some of it still questionable. However, people like CWG have simply posted facts and never claimed to know the outcome. I, for one, am grateful to them for the info.

Anyway, I can't believe so many people are once again slitting their wrists because it looks like they're not getting what they wanted

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

Yup well done to them for getting over the line the would
    surely not announce that without being 100% of the fact.
    The frozen shares seem to be figment of our imagination look
    foward to be proven wrong.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturdays Hero View Post
    It's not the unnecessary.....it's the opposite go to page 1 of the main forum and it's just thread after thread of tedious mis-informative dross 👍
    don't bother logging-on to hibs.net then, Cheerio '👍'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Most of what has been written on here has been speculation, with the majority of posters happy to admit that. Some posters have claimed more 'insight' than others, some of it still questionable. However, people like CWG have simply posted facts and never claimed to know the outcome. I, for one, am grateful to them for the info.

Anyway, I can't believe so many people are once again slitting their wrists because it looks like they're not getting what they wanted

This

Agreed . Not really commented on this thread much but enjoy reading it and mikey and thecat are right . Also hearts regardless of todays move forward are still in a really bad place . And will be struggling for a good few seasons yet . We just gotta focus on hibs now get out there and support our team leave them to fanny around in divison 1 hehe
    GGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    What a waste of 10 years.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

pmsl@ the ones yelling they won't vote yes now

oh and also the ones saying they knew all along that the yams would 'get let off' and the in-the-knowers were wrong all along...pity they didn't tell them they were all wrong 40k posts ago

I think some folk need to calm doon a bit. Talk about chucking the toys out the pram, dearie me!