hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Biggest racket under one roof and singing sections

What's the best stand / area you have been in regarding the volume of noise generated at a football match.

For me the kop end at anfield is the loudest which I have been in. The design of it generates an amazing atmosphere.

I was at the Newcastle game yesterday and they appear to have a singing section up in the gods which generated an excellent atmosphere with around 4k singing constantly throughout the game.

Thoughts ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hampden

Dont shoot me down until I explain.

Was the game we beat France and it was the first game me and 9 other mates had the chance to go to together where we got seats next to each other.

Noise was crazy and when we scored I flew forward 5 rows.

Its not the stand that makes the noise its the people in it.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    The atmosphere created by the 8000 odd Hibbies who went to the League Cup Semi against Rangers at Hampden in 2005 was pretty special. Although we were vastly outnumbered by the huns, we made far more noise, and the bounce after Dobbies goal was brilliant.

Hampden for me as well. When that place is packed the atmosphere can be immense. Was talking to some Italian supporters on the train back to Central after the Italy game a couple of years ago who reckoned that the roar that greeted Ferguson's equaliser was the loudest noise they'd ever heard at a football game

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    I've been to hampden to see Scotland and Hibs win...but the san siro was by far the best atmosphere for the milan derby...different class
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Dortmunds stadium for Borussia Dortmund Vs Schalke last february. 3-2 to Schalke, but the noise from the crowd for the whole 90mins was immense

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Hampden - 1994 Scottish Cup Final - United -v- The Huns

As stated previously, vastly outnumbered by the unwashed, but what a noise we made after the goal went in and for the whole of the second half. And it was great to sing "Simply The Best" at the end of the match as they sloped out greeting into their scarves. Rangers - GIRUY!!

Level 7, Leazes corner at St James' Park, without doubt.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    Borussia Dortmund, the terraced section behind the goals holds 25,000 fans,unbelieveable atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by magnificent_seven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Borussia Dortmund, the terraced section behind the goals holds 25,000 fans,unbelieveable atmosphere.
    aye, we had seats just to the side of this, overlooking it, and it was fantastic to watch and listen to

Wembley 1977 & Hampden 1972 x3, one defeat & two victories against stein's Tic. Atmosphere poor in second half of 1-6 game but mentioned due to 50k hibbies in the 106k crowd at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueHibby View Post
    The atmosphere created by the 8000 odd Hibbies who went to the League Cup Semi against Rangers at Hampden in 2005 was pretty special. Although we were vastly outnumbered by the huns, we made far more noise, and the bounce after Dobbies goal was brilliant.

You'd be lucky if there was 8000 hibbies there that night. I remember being in the south stand at hampden and it was pi**ing down and freezing, great night though. The fans that had bothered to go made alot more noise than the huns.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The away end at tynie is always a good sing song on derby day.

North Stand at Hampden for a 'big' match e.g Engerlund, Germany

The old Jungle at Darkheid - was there for Roy Aitken's testimonial

Promising Youngster London Hibee's Avatar
    I've been lucky enough to have been at a number of big games in Europe over the years, including the games in the derby games in Rome, Milan, Madrid and Barcelona

However nothing compares to the atmosphere at El Superclassico in Buenos Aires: River Plate v Boca Juniors.

See the footage which my wife shot here, which still gets us abusive messages in Spanish from Boca fans, almost 3 years later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgsVwNP4sBU

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post
    Hampden

Dont shoot me down until I explain.

Was the game we beat France and it was the first game me and 9 other mates had the chance to go to together where we got seats next to each other.

Noise was crazy and when we scored I flew forward 5 rows.

Its not the stand that makes the noise its the people in it.

Ahhh Creamy, brings a tear to the eye!! So did gettin my chin burst open by a stray Kenny McLean punch at the goal!

First Team Breakthrough Dunkin' Donut's Avatar
    remember it well, journey there and back was hell but was well worth it

Broomloan Ibrox 1985 League Cup Semi 2nd half once everyone got in the whole place was shaking.

Wembley 77
    Hampden - 73 against Czechs

In fact most Scotland games the crowd, especially at half time, just rocks

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    hard to choose between the eak athens game at er[the whole ground doing the hi bees bounce]
    the 3 nil cup game at ibrox[singing we are the people] that stand wiz bouncing
    singing the sunshine on leith at hampden after winning the cup
    and stuffing that lot 3 nil at the pbs [the millenium one when le god scored then ran the lenth of the pitch to celebrate with usaw **** i could add even more

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc

hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by erin go brah View Post
    hard to choose between the eak athens game at er[the whole ground doing the hi bees bounce]
    the 3 nil cup game at ibrox[singing we are the people] that stand wiz bouncing
    singing the sunshine on leith at hampden after winning the cup
    and stuffing that lot 3 nil at the pbs [the millenium one when le god scored then ran the lenth of the pitch to celebrate with usaw **** i could add even more
    Ibrox cup game was very special,thought our stand might collapse! Elland Road ,70's was another good one with approx.8000 hibbies there (another one we should have won).Sunshine on Leith was emotional at Hampden too.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by je1875 View Post
    I've been lucky enough to have been at a number of big games in Europe over the years, including the games in the derby games in Rome, Milan, Madrid and Barcelona

However nothing compares to the atmosphere at El Superclassico in Buenos Aires: River Plate v Boca Juniors.

See the footage which my wife shot here, which still gets us abusive messages in Spanish from Boca fans, almost 3 years later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgsVwNP4sBU
    One of my ambitions is to go and see the great derbies of the world. I am planning a Barcelona v Madrid (is that really a derby..?) in next few years but also wanting to do the others you mention. El Superclassico looks amazing but kind of scary as well!!!!

Dortmund is awesome, but at the moment I am going to Ado Den Haag, 90 mins of mayhem and even when they get beat they give 100 % backing.After the 90 minutes(and the last 2 home games they lost)they stand singing and clapping the team off the park,the team is not that good but they give everything they have and it really effects the fans. Its been quite a while since I saw something like that at a game.If anyone is in the area of the Hague when they are playing at home I would thoroughly recommend it.
    The weirdest thing is alot of people are still on holiday so I cant wait til the stadium is full.
    The 3-0 at Ibrox is up there aswell,since I live in Holland I dont get to many Hibs games so to get to that one was Immense,thats one of the reasons it sticks out for me.
    Also being at Ibrox when the huns score and its a full house makes ma ears ring, huv tae add the Scotland v France game was also an ear splitting moment. Jees theres been so many ma heids aboot tae burst
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 17-08-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    In football, probably the Rome Derby is the loudest atmosphere I've experienced.

The atmosphere you experience at Michigan vs Ohio State NCAA matches, in the Big House, is pretty untouchable though...
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sadly the atmosphere in Scottish grounds these days is very poor. I'll have to hold my hands up and admit that Tynie was probably the last place I've been to were the atmosphere was half decent. I haven't really witnessed a really good atmosphere at Easter Road since probably the Athens game. Shame!

The old home internationals against the English were something special. I remember queuing up to get on the train at queen street station were the atmosphere was electric, better than most stadiums i've been to. On entering the old Rangers end at Hampden, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end seeing all those yellow flags and almost the whole stadium singing SCOTLAND! Something that will stick with me for the rest of my days.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN SKYE View Post
    Sadly the atmosphere in Scottish grounds these days is very poor. I'll have to hold my hands up and admit that Tynie was probably the last place I've been to were the atmosphere was half decent. I haven't really witnessed a really good atmosphere at Easter Road since probably the Athens game. Shame!

The old home internationals against the English were something special. I remember queuing up to get on the train at queen street station were the atmosphere was electric, better than most stadiums i've been to. On entering the old Rangers end at Hampden, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end seeing all those yellow flags and almost the whole stadium singing SCOTLAND! Something that will stick with me for the rest of my days.
    were you not at er when we put the yams and their undefeated[10 games]to the sword. er wiz electric in the east anywayalso been buzzing every time we have beat celtic

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Ibrox cup game was very special,thought our stand might collapse! Elland Road ,70's was another good one with approx.8000 hibbies there (another one we should have won).Sunshine on Leith was emotional at Hampden too.
    Was that when you stole the wee Leeds fans scarf?

First Team Breakthrough Seany HFC 7-0's Avatar

The biggest racket under one roof is the Tynecastle ticket office. Considering all the revenues there are sent over to some dodgy account in Lithuania, never to be seen again.

Singing sections I'm not so sure about.