hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boozy?

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar

Boozy?

anyone else heard that boozy has signed a 2 year deal with hibs today?

just got a text from a mate suggesting the above.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    I think there's more chance of him signing for Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'd be delighted if it's true.

First Team Breakthrough weststandhibby's Avatar
    heard its with Celtic unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post

Is this based on anything more than us keeping the number 14 open?

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    not based on anything, a mate had heard a rumour while out this evening, text me and im asking on here if anyone else had heard anything simillar.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    If, and it's a big if, we were to sign him, then surely it's as a starter?

In which case who drops out?

Going on the way Hughes has shown he likes his team to line up, how do we fit Boozy into centre midfield when McBride seems to be a stick-on and Cregg offers a complementary role that Boozy wouldn't?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

dont need him any more..........

sorry used to like him, but we moved on........but............................... would have ivan back...

oh how fickle we hibbys can be

Boozy as a replacement for Rankin, yeah!

Blog Entries
    If, as I said earlier, Beuzelin signs for Celtic, it will keep his salary at a higher level for one year, but it will almost certainly be the end of his career at a reasonably high level.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    If, as I said earlier, Beuzelin signs for Celtic, it will keep his salary at a higher level for one year, but it will almost certainly be the end of his career at a reasonably high level.
    We'd likely offer him a contract next season as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Oh yeah indeedy..

Rankin is one of the 3-4 players that stuck out today like a sore thumb..

Bad..

That's my point though, I think - you wouldn't play Boozy in the role that Hughes wants Rankin playing, would you?

So where does he go?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post
    That's my point though, I think - you wouldn't play Boozy in the role that Hughes wants Rankin playing, would you?

So where does he go?

Rankin is busy doing nothing, McBride plays deep taking the ball for others and linking up the play as well as having good positional sense, Cregg presses further up the pitch, Boozy would slot in nicely giving us imagination and a link up with the likes of Riordan, Zemmama and Benji, i like this!

Rankin is busy doing nothing, McBride plays deep taking the ball for others and linking up the play as well as having good positional sense, Cregg presses further up the pitch, Boozy would slot in nicely giving us imagination and a link up with the likes of Riordan, Zemmama and Benji, i like this!
    I can't see it. Too much duplication deep in the middle and we're sacrificing any width.

boozy won't be signing for hibs, wishful thinking IMO.

He's a central midfielder, so why would he replace Rankin at left midfield?

Blog Entries
    I'm convinced that Beuzelin, had he wanted it, could have got training facilities with Hibs. The fact that he chose to attach himself to Mowbray's apron strings was a fingers up to Hughes and a 'take me I'm your's' nod to Celtic. The ironic thing is that he is nowhere near good enough for a run of games for Celtic, and, frankly, is possibly not good or consistent enough for Hibs. Personally I could take him or leave him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I'm convinced that Beuzelin, had he wanted it, could have got training facilities with Hibs. The fact that he chose to attach himself to Mowbray's apron strings was a fingers up to Hughes and a 'take me I'm your's' nod to Celtic. The ironic thing is that he is nowhere near good enough for a run of games for Celtic, and, frankly, is possibly not good or consistent enough for Hibs. Personally I could take him or leave him.

Totally agree Jim and the big IF - if he signs for smeltic, as we all know he will be on the bench just like Deeks and even Flood now ....

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    Last I heard, hibs had offered boozy a 1 year deal but he was holding out for a 3 year offer for a bit stability. Not sure if that's changed in the last day or two tho.

There was definite interest on both sides but don't know if things have progressed. This came from a good friend of his so no reason to doubt it as he's been spot on in the past about boozy.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMassive View Post
    Last I heard, hibs had offered boozy a 1 year deal but he was holding out for a 3 year offer for a bit stability. Not sure if that's changed in the last day or two tho.

There was definite interest on both sides but don't know if things have progressed. This came from a good friend of his so no reason to doubt it as he's been spot on in the past about boozy.
    Heard what you heard.

Blog Entries
    Not sure how he would get on - being binned by Coventry is not an advert for current form

He would be an asset on the training pitch with such a young squad (was great for Thomson & Brown) which is why all told Hibs were offering a 1 year deal (allegedly )

Quote Originally Posted by SCF10 View Post
    Oh yeah indeedy..

Rankin is one of the 3-4 players that stuck out today like a sore thumb..

Bad..
    Rankins just gash he plays slightly better when in centre mid but weve got that area covered, well covered would hope he was to go with the rest of the mixu dynasty but as Yogi tried to sign him for Falkirk think hel be here for a while and unfortunately turn into the Hamilton,Brazil,Kerr mould of players doing the 'unseen' work

I remember when Hibs had Thomson, Brown and Beuzelin at the club Tony Mowbray went and brought in Michael Stewart. Over the course of a season all got significant time on the pitch - and that was when we also had Sproule, Zemmama and even Fletcher also playing centrally.

If you want to play proper football you can almost never have enough quality central midfielders - particularly when you imagine the team deprived of one or two key players through injury or suspension.

I would love to see Beuzelin back in a Hibs shirt.

I never post rumours on here, ever, but I have heard that Boozy has signed a deal with us today. We'll see.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    I would like to think he would sign for Hibs and get his career back on track.

Apart from getting a nice pay deal, what is the point of him signing for Smeltc? He'll sit on their bench for two years and waste away the best part of his career.

I can't work out what Rankin actually does, other than shoot from about 30 yds every chance he gets...

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    I can't work out what Rankin actually does, other than shoot from about 30 yds every chance he gets...
    Think you'll find now that DVZ is out of the picture that Rankin is this years scapegoat where people give him abuse even although he puts in twice as much work as "those that shall not be abused".

I agree that Rankin is not the most talented player at the club but he was all over that pitch yesterday making himself available for a pass and I think works really well with Cregg and McBride.

If we get Boozy back we'll see a big difference in talent but a big drop in workrate in that position.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Rankin was unfortunate yesterday as we always seemed to try and attack the left back - probably because Wotherspoon was having such a good game and costantly demanding the ball. I heard him get a lot of grief for nothing, and heard nothing when he done well to pick up the ball in central areas, release a cracking shot which whizzed just over the crossbar, or done well to keep the ball. Some fool behind me lost the plot with him for passing the ball back to his fullback when we were 2-1 up. Ball retention - that's how Yogi wants us to play, and its what I like to see, so I am a fan of Rankin's.

What Rankin isn't is fancy - and some Hibs fans can't handle that, everyone needs to be either a flair player, a hardman, or an underdog. Cregg isn't fancy, but his tackling is thunderous, and McBride came here as the guy who everyone wanted to prove the critics wrong. Rankin was just a signing, who would clearly do OK, but not enough to excite the fans - so there's no attatchment to him, no reason to allow him any margin for error, and no reason to praise him when he does well - because it's expected of him. He does a little bit of everything to a decent standard, and his work no doubt highly appreciated by his team mates and his manager.

Back to Boozy. He is a better player than Rankin, and would definately be a welcome addition to the team. However, if we sign him, and he goes straight into the first 11, Riordan doesn't play, and I can already hear the outcry.

..................Stack
    ..McCann.Hogg.Bamba.Hanlon
    ........... Cregg.McBride
    Wotherspoon.Boozy.Zemmama
    ...................Nish

Och aye! I'll have a bit of THAT.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    You mean what he done once yesterday, and wasn't far away from scoring himself a beuty? This is an absolute myth. If he sees play open up infront of him, he's quite right to take the shot, and it would be a wasted chance otherwise.