hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I Presume The Minority Who Booed Benji On Didn't Cheer His Goal?

I can well understand the frustrations with Benji but IMHO booing him on was a disgrace.

Thankfully the majority didn't do it. Choosing to cheer him on or staying mute and dignifying themselves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can well understand the frustrations with Benji but IMHO booing him on was a disgrace.

Thankfully the majority didn't do it. Choosing to cheer him on or staying mute and dignifying themselves.

I'm with you on this Smurf - no need to boo any player coming onto the field or during the game - in the old days the appropriate place for a moan was in the pub after the game and now-a-days it's on the messageboards

booing a player is only going to result in a poorer performance and that's not going to help the team

When Benji had the altercation with the Hibs staff, wasn't he going through a hard time?

Put yourself in his position of training and being told what to do and simply reacting.

Fair enough it certainly was not his place but with his circumstances you gotta see it from his perspective.

He looked dangerous enough today and the goal was a goodun.

Nice to see the reaction he got from Hughes when he came off, showing him ER is where he belongs.

Stayed quiet when he came on and cheered his goal. The right combination for me. He's back being a Hibs player now so time to move on and support him.

It was obvious that a few people were going to boo Benji, a few more were going to cheer him, and most of us were going to keep stumpf and let football take its course.

A young chap sitting next to me was vitriolic in his condemnation, only to be in tears of joy and screaming "Benji Benji...' when the goal went in. How fickle we fans are.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by random sub View Post
    Stayed quiet when he came on and cheered his goal. The right combination for me. He's back being a Hibs player now so time to move on and support him.

First Team Breakthrough chasitup's Avatar
    I for one applauded Benji on to the park, as I don't see what good booing a Hibs player is going to do. (especially one who doesn't really want to be here!) He needs all the encouragement he can get IMO & I really enjoyed his celebration too. 'Mon the Benji!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I blame reality tv myself

Delighted for him today. Just the boost he needs.

But I still reckon there's a better than evens chance that he'll be away by the close of this transfer window.

i cheered him on and cheered the goal... the right combination for me

However, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would just like to say to the guy in the row in front of me in West Lower who bad mouthed,swore and did all sorts of hand and finger gestures when Benji came on that I will be reporting him to the club for shouting "Ya black effin B" when he scored

The guy was challenged by several people and asked to get a grip but he still ranted on - erse

No need for that talk and I class that as being a racist especially when youngsters are sitting around.

Anyway, back to topic. I hope Benji has a good season and proves us all wrong.

shop him, absolute disgrace.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Sums it up perfectly.

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    I will support any player in a Hibs top, I even nearly started to like Mikey Stewart FFS!!!!

Great for him to get a goal in his first game back.

If he'd had a barren spell then we'd probably have started getting on his back for not trying hard enough.

Hopefully the response he got for the goal will show him that if he plays his heart out then he can be a hero at Easter Road and if/when he does get the move to another club he can leave as a success rather than a waster.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PickYouUp
    Its just hard to believe people booing Benji, when Latapy played for Falkirk against us Hibs fans cheer him but when Benji who is ther doing a job for us and not against us people boo, where's the sense in that

Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post

However, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would just like to say to the guy in the row in front of me in West Lower who bad mouthed,swore and did all sorts of hand and finger gestures when Benji came on that I will be reporting him to the club for shouting "Ya black effin B" when he scored

The guy was challenged by several people and asked to get a grip but he still ranted on - erse

No need for that talk and I class that as being a racist especially when youngsters are sitting around.

Anyway, back to topic. I hope Benji has a good season and proves us all wrong.
    Sorry but dont want that sort of **** in the stands. Regardless of what Benji has done, he showed balls to come back, tail between his legs and ate some humble pie....goes about the right way to get us back onside by scoring the winner.

For the sake of our club and young fans sitting near this guy he needs to be turned in to the club. That fan is an utter disgrace and should never be allowed to set foot in ER again.

Left by mutual consent!
    You could have scripted it for his return to the Leith San Siro.

Game all square going nowhere and he pops up with the winner

I decided to stay schtum when he came on but was celebrating with the remainder of the family when he scored.

Buckle down and work hard Benji and a wee hat trick against the yams would do fine

Lifes too short

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    There's a fair few morons go to Easter Road.

Booing a Hibs player as he's warming up? Sheer class.

I screamed in delight when he came on, then clapped politely when he scored

Wait hold on, thats not right...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    IMO he looked fit and sharp today - got on with his work quietly, scored a good goal, and was always looking for the ball.

If he moves on this month, at least we now have a chance of a fee for him; if he stays, we look to have a productive player on our books - as good as a new signing.

I applauded him quietly when he came on, and was delighted when he scored - though my glasses had taken a dunt and I had to check who had scored with my son. (Gettin auld.)

Game 1-1, the manager puts on a striker of known quality, and some of his own fans boo him? There's a word for fans like that.
    Last edited by --------; 15-08-2009 at 11:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

I did not applaud nor cheer nor boo when he came on. Of course I jumped up and shouted when we scored. It may very well be the case that Yogi has been told that he had all the money he is getting, therefore he gets his wages and doesn't play or he does and he does. Doesn't change my long held opinion of this player though, and it is little short of a disgrace that he is back in the shirt. But this is easy fixed though, as once Kurtis Byrne gets over his injury, then he gets the place that Benji now has.

Polite applause from me when he was warming up in front of the stand, heartier applause when he came on with a "now lets @@@@@@@ see it!" remark when he came on and rapturous applause when he knocked the winner in.

I'm not going to get upset at those that game him a bit of a boo when he came on, I perceived that as an understandable show of displeasure at the way he treated the club.

Had they booed every touch that that woul've been out of order.

Anyway, all over with now and I hope Benji ca sort himself out and deliver on the pitch as the boy, as we all know, is a talent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I was happy to see him back, and he had a Hibs top on, so it was applause from me when he came on, and delight when he scored.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I didn't think he deserved to come on given the fact he missed most of the pre season work and didn't even play in any of our friendly matches until the low profile match this week. I was concerned about his match fitness as well as his physical fitness and thought it may cause ill feeling with the other subs who went through all the pre season stuff. However I did not boo him.

Thankfully he repaid Yogi's faith in him and showed us all why he was brought on. Hopefully he can put all his previous problems behind him and be a big player for us this season.

I punched the air in delight when he started warming up and then threw my season ticket in Yogis face when he scored, the mad thing is I don't even have a ST this year

Those who booed should not come back.

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    I punched the air in delight when he started warming up and then threw my season ticket in Yogis face when he scored, the mad thing is I don't even have a ST this year

So are you Paul Daniels then