hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Rugby top

Rugby top

was doing a bit channel hopping just now and on ESPN at the moment is the pukiest top I have ever seen from Stade Francais

Yams would look good in it tho

http://www.rugbyshop.com/en/boutique...ef/?id_p=17228

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    was doing a bit channel hopping just now and on ESPN at the moment is the pukiest top I have ever seen from Stade Francais

Stade are owned by a media mogul who seems to think that publicity is all good, the past few seaons have seen strips very similar in their 'off the wall' nature.

This season's strips are no different. Thing is, they are able to back it up on the pitch, with attractive and effective rugby.

Stade have had some awful tops in the last few years all on a par with that top.

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post

That is just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy90 View Post
    Stade are owned by a media mogul who seems to think that publicity is all good, the past few seaons have seen strips very similar in their 'off the wall' nature.

This season's strips are no different. Thing is, they are able to back it up on the pitch, with attractive and effective rugby.
    Hopefully not this year in europe, whem embra get a hold of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy90 View Post

Serious case of the oxymorons there.

Rugby can never been attractive. Ever.

Vile sport. They all deserve a strip as truly minging as that. In fact all players, fans and followers of the sport should be made to wear it all times so normal people can point accusingly at them.

IMHO of course...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post

Vile sport. They all deserve a strip as truly minging as that. In fact all players, fans and followers of the sport should be made to wear it all times so normal people can point accusingly at them.

IMHO of course...
    i'd rather wear that than a hearts top

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HFC Owain
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post

IMHO of course...
    I do hate rugby

Thing is, that top, and the preceding ones like it, have been seen as "mould-breaking" and " appealing to the new audience" over on the continent, as opposed to the "what a bunch of nancies" and "Jesus that's not at all like a Hibs top" style reactions they get from "enlightened" folk back here.

I personally don't like them, but find they provide an intersting insight into the effectively conservative and tribal nature of following Scottish fitba'.

See a strip that takes you out of your comfort zone - "must be worn by a bunch of weirdos/uphill gardeners"

Love to see that attitude survive in the face of most of the Stade Francais players.................

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Thing is, that top, and the preceding ones like it, have been seen as "mould-breaking" and " appealing to the new audience" over on the continent, as opposed to the "what a bunch of nancies" and "Jesus that's not at all like a Hibs top" style reactions they get from "enlightened" folk back here.

I personally don't like them, but find they provide an intersting insight into the effectively conservative and tribal nature of following Scottish fitba'.

See a strip that takes you out of your comfort zone - "must be worn by a bunch of weirdos/uphill gardeners"

Love to see that attitude survive in the face of most of the Stade Francais players.................

I'm all for an innovative way of modernising things but that is just OTT, but there you go it's probably doing it's job and getting people all over the world on messageboards discussing it

I wonder what the players think when they are in the dressing rooms getting changed into yon thing

It's a lot better than their third jersey..

help m'boab

You'll need broad shoulders to wear that!

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    It's a lot better than their third jersey..

help m'boab

You'll need broad shoulders to wear that!

Ooooof - that's an absolute beauty!!

Yon Stade Francais laddies don't do things by half measures.

First Team Breakthrough
    stade francais have been trendsetters for ages but generally french rugby has been fairly avant garde wwith rugby tops. Pau used to play in neon pink a few years back.

I DO LIKE RUGBY, was brought up playing it. Just can't understand why some people refuse to give it any time at all and calling it an upper class sport, maybe in Edinburgh and Glasgow but get into the Borders and North East of Scotland and you'll see small towns with reasonable rugby teams. I turned out for a Perthshire Schools Select against the Edinburgh equivalent (we won)back in the 1980s and more people turned up to see us than the St Johnstone game.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the away strip being a bit avant garde, maybe not pink (a bit of a big leap for some elements in our support) what about a purple and green checked strip, I like the idea of a spin on the croatian home strip in green and purple. It would get people talking. Done right and the marketing potential is fantastic. I'm all for tradition but let us at least be a bit imaginative.

That has to be made up surely???
    Even the Newcastle Banana strip has to be better