hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Benji to score winner tommorow

at least thats what he told Yogi......

I would be pleased if he did come on and do just that.

Will never forget his Derby goal and canter towards the Yams...Its one of the few decent saves Zibby made when he stopped him getting full lenghth of the pitch

2. Log in to remove the advert

You wouldn't put it past him to get the winner tomorrow.

Yogi can't really loose with Benji. Wasn't part of his plans and if he comes good great, Yogi will get the praise. If he does nowt Yogi can punt him and nobody will criticise him.

Is Yogi even going to out him on the pitch? He hasn't exactly trained much with the team and I have a feeling he will get a less than enthusiastic reception at ER.

Due to lack of strikers I'ld imagine he'll be on the bench at least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Due to lack of strikers I'ld imagine he'll be on the bench at least.
    Yup hes in the squad acording to Yogi...as has been said Yogi can't lose..if he gets him playing the way we know he can then he has a free striker of great quality..if not then no one would blame him given recent history.

Is his history worse than Deeks who ran down his contract giving Hibs no fee and signed a pre-contract with the smellies.

If Benji trains (as Yogi says he is) and plays to even 80% of his potential we have a player on our hands..and we are light in the game turning player department (only Zemamma & Deeks have that) so it could really help the squad to have him....also if he plays well we could also get a fee that seemed doubtful in recent months

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Yup hes in the squad acording to Yogi...as has been said Yogi can't lose..if he gets him playing the way we know he can then he has a free striker of great quality..if not then no one would blame him given recent history.

Is his history worse than Deeks who ran down his contract giving Hibs no fee and signed a pre-contract with the smellies.

If Benji trains (as Yogi says he is) and plays to even 80% of his potential we have a player on our hands..and we are light in the game turning player department (only Zemamma & Deeks have that) so it could really help the squad to have him....also if he plays well we could also get a fee that seemed doubtful in recent months
    Having just watched Yogis latest interview on the BBC site I have to admit that I'm finally a little excited about this season, him and Benji sounds best buddies already, I really really hope he comes good for us.

Having just watched Yogis latest interview on the BBC site I have to admit that I'm finally a little excited about this season, him and Benji sounds best buddies already, I really really hope he comes good for us.
    It doesnt matter what Yogi says, the hibs.net witchsmellers have got Benji in their sights because he 'disrespected the club' BOOOO

GIRFU them Benji

Blog Entries
    I think that his relaxed attitude and total enthusiasm for the club is rubbing of on players and fans alike...I just hope that some slack is cut for any set backs on what is quite a re-building.

What I like is that he seems to be keen to 'Father' the players and get them onside..however I think that as he is so relaxed they will get a shock if they over step the mark and he blows his stack

Lost a bit of weight, quotes earlier this week that he was "up to speed". I reckon he will be on the bench and it would not in the least surprise me if he scored.

And, if he does, I will cheer him no less than any other Hibs player.

First Team Breakthrough Mon_the_cabbage's Avatar
    I think that his relaxed attitude and total enthusiasm for the club is rubbing of on players and fans alike...I just hope that some slack is cut for any set backs on what is quite a re-building.

What I like is that he seems to be keen to 'Father' the players and get them onside..however I think that as he is so relaxed they will get a shock if they over step the mark and he blows his stack
    No wonder our new goalie signing took so long!!!
    Last edited by Mon_the_cabbage; 14-08-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It doesnt matter what Yogi says, the hibs.net witchsmellers have got Benji in their sights because he 'disrespected the club' BOOOO

GIRFU them Benji
    let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Quote Originally Posted by stubru59 View Post
    Lost a bit of weight, quotes earlier this week that he was "up to speed". I reckon he will be on the bench and it would not in the least surprise me if he scored.

And, if he does, I will cheer him no less than any other Hibs player.
    Edit. This part of the soap opera might actually be worth the admission money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon_the_cabbage View Post
    No wonder our new goalie signing took so long!!!
    Surely that would have speeded up the signing.

Left by mutual consent!
    guys like Benji with talent have a certain swagger and cockiness about them, they need to be like that.

Nothing would please me more tomorrow than to see him score and get his head fully tuned in to performing for us. To wish anything less doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    guys like Benji with talent have a certain swagger and cockiness about them, they need to be like that.

Nothing would please me more tomorrow than to see him score and get his head fully tuned in to performing for us. To wish anything less doesn't make sense.
    I dont wish it,but do doubt it............wait a minute,suddenly we have a fitba' player who,about 2 weeks ago was someone that wanted well oot of HFC,yet now this cocky,swaggering "jack the lad" is gonnae turn it all round,and become the darling of the terraces.

[QUOTE=down-the-slope;2130085]I think that his relaxed attitude and total enthusiasm for the club is rubbing of on players and fans alike...I just hope that some slack is cut for any set backs on what is quite a re-building.

What I like is that he seems to be keen to 'Father' the players and get them onside..I wish him the very best of luck with Colin Nish on this one.......... however I think that as he is so relaxed they will get a shock if they over step the mark and he blows his stack - One assumes this is a deliberate - though admittedly pish - "play on words". If not, I can't be the only one thinking "flips his lid" or "crunks his junk" would have been a better option............... QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by homielang View Post
    Is Yogi even going to out him on the pitch? He hasn't exactly trained much with the team and I have a feeling he will get a less than enthusiastic reception at ER.
    He's gay? Mibbe this explains why his heids been all over the place

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    After listening to Yogi's interview and his comment on Benji's efforts in the bounce game I doubt he will even make the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post
    After listening to Yogi's interview and his comment on Benji's efforts in the bounce game I doubt he will even make the bench.
    How come I thought the exact opposite

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMcGinn1 View Post
    How come I thought the exact opposite

It was a bit late last night when I listened to the interview but I'm sure Yogi was none too impressed by Benji's effort. Tie this in with Yogi's philosophy of everyone regardless of who you are needs to work hard for the team and I can't see Benji kicking a ball until he shows he is prepared to put the effort in.

Still think Yogi will punt him if an offer comes in.

It's a shame because the guy has all the skill to play at a high level but doesn't appear to have the mental strength required.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I dont wish it,but do doubt it............wait a minute,suddenly we have a fitba' player who,about 2 weeks ago was someone that wanted well oot of HFC,yet now this cocky,swaggering "jack the lad" is gonnae turn it all round,and become the darling of the terraces.
    From what Yogi has said he wants players at the club who wan't to be there and want to play 100% for Hibs in every game, on past performances we know this isn't Benji.

I don't think he will be here beyond January, if not out before hand, just the guys character and Yogi's plans for Hibs seem to be polar opposites. If John Collins couldn't get him playing to his full capability and potential week in week out, a manager Benji is on record as saying he respected and looked up to, I don't think Yogi will. Shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post
    With JJ injured and Byrne recovering from his operation, he might not have any choice. It only leaves Nish and Deeks, but I suspect a 90% fit Byrne would get the nod until Benji proves he's up for it.

Hum.......

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Benji, Benji, Benji, Benji!!!

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    at least thats what he told Yogi......

I would be pleased if he did come on and do just that.

Will never forget his Derby goal and canter towards the Yams...Its one of the few decent saves Zibby made when he stopped him getting full lenghth of the pitch
    Can you give your lottery numbers please?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    always bet a result and a first scorer 2nd half saw Benji warming up and put him down for 1st in second half.Ladbrokes at stadium didnt have odds anyone know what odds i will get when i collect JJ on coupon as 6-1 so maybe same?

Like everyone on here I've been disgusted with Benji's behaviour. But amazing what a goal can do. A real fairytale start to the season. This is great news for us 'cause it puts loads of pressure on Nish to perform. Which probs won't happen. When he wants to be Benji's a much better player than Nish.
    Today made Yogi look like a genius. Maybe he is......

BENJI BENJI BENJI

Well done Benji son, cracking goal!

It was a great goal and we looked far more dangerous up front once he came on. A little cheeky of him grabbing the badge on his chest as he applauded the East.

Well said and played by Benji then haha.