hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chisholm Moves To Shamrock Rovers

Just been announced that he is moving to Dublin, not sure if it's been posted on here before.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good luck to him. wasn't impressed with his football skills but always gave 100%. Hope it works out for him.

Does this count as a sideways move? Points to something surely

Good luck to the laddie
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Good luck to the laddie
    He was pointed in the right direction ......

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

Good luck to the laddie
    Obviously your kidding but i have to say the grief that Chisolm got for pointing too much really got on my tits last season, why do people think he was doing so much pointing? he was a young player recieving a lot of flak from the crowd and he was still doing his best to try and organise a shambles of a midfield and as someone else said, unlike others at least he never hid.

Good luck to the guy, hope he finds his level and goes onto have a good career.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Obviously your kidding but i have to say the grief that Chisolm got for pointing too much really got on my tits last season, why do people think he was doing so much pointing? he was a young player recieving a lot of flak from the crowd and he was still doing his best to try and organise a shambles of a midfield and as someone else said, unlike others at least he never hid.

This is how it feels

always was the best stand and shout midfielder in out team
    good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Just been announced that he is moving to Dublin, not sure if it's been posted on here before.
    Good luck to him, hope he does well there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Sounds about his level. Never a SPL player, but I wish him all the best over on the Emerald Isle

Good luck Ross

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

good point.

good luck Ross Chisholm.

I think this is why he moved to Dublin

First Team Breakthrough
    was just looking around the shamrock forum to see if they were talking bout it (far too much time on my hands obv) and found a thread about him...

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum...ead.php?t=9809

@hibs.net private member
    Good luck to Chis - I'm sure he'll make a make a smashing appointment for the Rovers

@hibs.net private member
    Anybody saying he was NEVER an SPL player obviously didn't seem him coming through the ranks. He was always the stand out in that team and it makes me wonder if he would be any better if he'd came through with the golden generation and was coached how to play football by Tony Mowbray instead of Mixu.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Good luck to Chis - I'm sure he'll make a make a smashing appointment for the Rovers
    Is there really any point in that sarcasm?

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Anybody saying he was NEVER an SPL player obviously didn't seem him coming through the ranks. He was always the stand out in that team and it makes me wonder if he would be any better if he'd came through with the golden generation and was coached how to play football by Tony Mowbray instead of Mixu.
    Is this a windup?

Chis was always gave his all but it unfortunately wasn't good enough at Hibs. Not even close to a 'stand out'. Good luck to him at Shamrock, wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Is there really any point in that sarcasm?
    Good point. A completely pointless statement.

I would pointedly request that all further posters make a pointed effort to avoid making this type of error.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Good point. A completely pointless statement.

I would pointedly request that all further posters make a pointed effort to avoid making this type of error.

I would point out to YOU sir, that indeeed your point, is infact one of the most pointless points I have ever come accross on this point so far.

Considering we were gubbed the other week by Rovers reserves, Chis will probably see this as a step up.

Had something, but it never came out properly at Hibs. Change of scene could do him good and get his career on track.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Good luck to the lad.

for all the "never good enough..." comments perhaps worth considering the circumstances, hardly the laddies fault that Mixu picked him.

I appreciate this is a forum and a place for venting, but sometimes wonder whether young players come good inspite of rather than because of some of the "encouragement" they receive from certain elements of the support (those that spout off their "encouragement" at the match).

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Considering we were gubbed the other week by Rovers reserves, Chis will probably see this as a step up.

It's funny, but I was thinking the exact same thing.

The Shamrock fans would think it a bit of an insult to say this was a step down, considering we got beat by their reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

It's funny, but I was thinking the exact same thing.

The Shamrock fans would think it a bit of an insult to say this was a step down, considering we got beat by their reserves.
    Yes, we perhaps ought to come down of our high-horses a bit here. Chisholm offered plenty enthusiasm and tried to gee the team up. That it didn't work for him was a lot, I suspect, to do with Mixu/Collins than Chisholm.

Rovers are the only club in the Eircom with no debt, a new stadium (albeit half of Livvy or Broadwood at present), owned by their fans, good young team and a bright young manager. I can see them dominating Irish domestic football for years to come, and making forays into CL qualifiers (though no further.) All in all, not a bad place to be playing football in an industry plagued with recession and a great launch point, i'd suggest, for a young player of ambition.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    A very inconsistant player for hibs, a couple of times, especially against the huns, he was superb. You would have thought he was a real star. Yet against the likes of St mirren, or Hamilton, he was awful, more awful than good. That could have been because he was young, i'm not sure. I did not think he was good enough, but hope he goes on to have a good career in ireland.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    totaly agree !when he first broke through he lokked the part taking on players[reminded me a wee bit of broony] then mixu got a hold of him and he wiz murder

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go brah View Post
    totaly agree !when he first broke through he lokked the part taking on players[reminded me a wee bit of broony] then mixu got a hold of him and he wiz murder
    What a load of rubbish. Even under Collins it was clear that Chisolm couldn't pass to a man a Hibs shirt. In fact, it wasn't until towards the end of Mixu's time here that he put together 2 or 3 displays where he managed to keep his passing tight.

Mixu gets the blame for a lot, but Chisholm's failure to develope shouldn't really be attributed to him.

Regardless, I wish Ross all the best with his future endevours, and hope his passing improves, and earns him a move back to the SPL.
    Last edited by 500miles; 14-08-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Total Pap...

Never Hibs Class

Quote Originally Posted by loko View Post
    Good luck to the lad.

for all the "never good enough..." comments perhaps worth considering the circumstances, hardly the laddies fault that Mixu picked him.

I appreciate this is a forum and a place for venting, but sometimes wonder whether young players come good inspite of rather than because of some of the "encouragement" they receive from certain elements of the support (those that spout off their "encouragement" at the match).
    doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that some players will be destroyed by this stuff at a young age. they may learn to deal with it and grow from it in the long term but for some that point will come too late as players get such a short time to impress these days.

as it happens RC was always a big enough character to come through most of this stuff and didn't let it affect his approach to the game, although i think poor confidence did affect things like his passing and decision making especially last season.

a change of environment and a clean slate will help.

Left by mutual consent!
    Are you taking drugs ???