hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

I Hate Hearts because......

Only a bit of friendly rivalry, but with the season about to start just wanted to find out why we dislike our closest "rivals". Or if indeed we do dislike them...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Simply because of the bigger team mentality.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    From the very, very beginning they tried to end us.

They failed.

I need no more reasons though there are a myriad of them I could quote.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I hate them cause they play in the colour of blood and *****e mixed together

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simply because of the bigger team mentality.

Thats just a pretty recent thing though.. Last few years ..

I hate them for that and about a million other reasons too, they are just pure ****... Quite possibly the mouthiest fans ever

Quote Originally Posted by dublinhfc View Post
    Only a bit of friendly rivalry, but with the season about to start just wanted to find out why we dislike our closest "rivals". Or if indeed we do dislike them...
    Their fans belief that there is a waiting list of "Champions League" medal winning players who just can't wait to strut their stuff at the pink palace in front of 400,000 Yams.

Oh I can't wait for the down Gorgie way. The club and the fans are so up themselves with this "Big Team" mentality when all they have is a second class stadium, 3 new press boxes, debts that would make the RBS look good and a guy whose only success was selling some dodgy Beatles records out the back of a clapped out three wheeler van.

C'mon Vlad pull the plug now please - You know you want to.

First Team Breakthrough Seany HFC 7-0's Avatar
    Farrr too many reasons. The big team s**** is one as is the takeover shanningans with Mercer. A lot of their fans are a deluded bunch aswel! Could go on but just annoyes me

GGTTH

...I came from a family of Murrayfield rugby-following Jambos and I hated rugby and so by extension Los Yambolinos. There are loads of reasons to keep hating them; Gorgie smells/big team mentality when they are a joke and have struggled to fill a phone box when I first got into football/paedophille fans and managers/think the whole world is against them (the world actually would be if it cared because they ARE pretty awful)/pink lego stadium/psuedo hun bigots/never pay their peg bills on time etc etc

Left by mutual consent!
    Because their fans are deluded.

I've lost count of the amount of jambos who I ken who say 'we're *****, am no going back' and then 5 minutes later they sign a turkey wi half a wing and nae beak and think he's gonna be the star striker in the league and then 'we're gonna be **** hot this season'.

Although, I actually like them more than I hate them for the sheer entertainment value. I love taking the piss about all the ongoings at their club, the endless banter that you know you can never lose cos they only have one thing to take the piss out of us for. I love the threads on here when everyone posts a story about Hearts and you get pages of **** like Rix, the magic woman with the stick, the fax machine etc etc etc etc etc

I don't hate them - they are our closest rivals

Admittedly the Mercer take-over was a bit of a worry at the time - but we were put in that position by messers Duff and Gray mis management.

I hate them for the reasons that everyone has been saying but to add another I have yet to find one who I can have a decent chat about football with. Aberdeen fans, Killie fans, Dundee fans, god even some Rangers and Celtic fans can have sensible chats about football, but with Hearts fans it's like being transported back to when I was 5 years old.

"well, eh, 4-0 semi, and eh, 108 years in a row ya hobo, and eh, big team big cup, always in our shadow wee team, the debt isnae ours likes coz we owe it tae ourselfs"

My life has become a lot better after cutting out most of them who just cannot cope with any social occasion apart from being with their other inbred hun mates waving Union Flags about.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Grande View Post

Admittedly the Mercer take-over was a bit of a worry at the time - but we were put in that position by messers Duff and Gray mis management.
    dont usually bite if thats what it is but agree for your last paragraph

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    They really believe that they are classy; far more so than us 'hobos', despite residing in Gorgie and having a ground which bears more resemblance to a bus shelter than to a football stadium.

They rake in the buckets for something to eat.

They employ nonces.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually really like them, and if I ever say anything untoward about them, it's just the green eyed monster talking. I would love to support a team which had such a high opimion of itself and such high ambitions, as opposed to our wee team mentality.

I wish we had won a fraction of the trophys they have, and had as many internationalists playing for our team. Most of all I wish Hibs were a team that wasn't interested in how the game should be played, and concentrated on results. Because this is a results based business, and first and foremost you have to put great distance between you and your rivals.

I also think their supporters are wittier, more artistic and on the whole, a better class of person. Sorry, I just think it had to be said.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sweet potatoes and all the orphans, what a controversial second post. I don't think you are a Yam.

Mostly because of their diet hun fans. I am grateful that I don't have to associate with any of them. Of the many things that is good about Glasgow, having nae jambos is very high on that list.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm no even going tae bother listing reasons, suffice tae say I despise everything about them.

i don't hate hearts cos they gave us 7-0 and 6-2 and it's always satisfying beating them. it's the fan(nie)s that i hate

When I was a kid I watched them regularly-for a while they were the best team in the country by a mile-nowadays they're just another team with some obnoxious fans-just like all the clubs.Football isn't important enough for hate-I keep that for things that matter.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    If I'm being honest I don't hate the club as such. I'm really glad I'm not one of the supporters that's for sure. They give me endless amounts of comedy, my personal favourite is still the two boys outside the AGM fighting (presumably because they wanted to love Vlad the most).

I do hate some of the fans though. Especially the Born again Jambos of the 86 and 2005 era. Never set foot in a football ground but could expound great theories on a flat back four versus pre game entertainment or wing backs versus corporate hospitality. They came to work in new club ties and could nearly name the starting eleven. These guys I still love getting it right up - at every opportunity.

Where to start? I think I could sit all day writing why the Jam Tarts have my disdain. But to name a few main points:

1. The Supporters are bloated braggarts who would not know good football if they saw it.
    2. Wallace Mercer: may he be buried face down so he can see where he's going.
    3. Their boring tactics historically make Football unwatchable.

Because they're Hearts, basically.

If I wasn't a Hibs fan, I would probably see them in the same light as Motherwell or Kilmarnock.

I despise the club as a whole but I would always treat their fans on an individual basis.

Coaching Staff
    Don't hate them at all. They provide the banter and the competition that Hibs and Hibs fans need in all honesty. For 90 minutes in a derby I want Hibs to pumpety pump them and the last two derbies have seen me and my Hibee mates laughing at our wee jambo friend Jeremy crying into his wee mojitos in the boozer But without them our SPL campaign would be dull in my opinion. Gorgie is however a toilet and some of their female fans I see have also purchased season tickets to Greggs judging by their girth and lack of trips to the gym/salad bar. They really do have an ugly support

why not hate them should be the question?

Don't dislike the team. Do, however, dislike the fact that they have the Hibs being a ''wee team'' mentality. In the context of football as a whole we are, but just not compared to them. However, think anything about Wallace Mercer is a bit out of hand, the guys dead and thats that.

Oh, and the area surrounding their shed is a s***hole.

Two big reasons: John Colquhoun and Alan Preston. Their whole "big team / wee team" schtick is another.

They only gave us eight points out of a possible twelve last year.

Too many reasons to mention but at the end of the day......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6F2P...eature=related

It's meant to 'fun' hate, not real hate. Most football fans, thankfully, can distinguish between the two.

After all:

"We are Hibernian FC
    we have a certain ambivalence to our local rivals Hearts
    and also Dundee..."

It doesn't sound so good or roll off the tounge so easily, does it?