hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Deek spotted in Edinburgh tonight.

Got a text tonight that Derek Riordan was seen getting out of a car on Queensferry Road, the car was holding up traffic, and my friend said it was definatley Deeks who got out of the car, this was around 10 o'clock tonight.
    I would wonder why he is in Edinburgh and not meeting up with the squad if he was in Southampton.
    Does anyone know if Yogi was interviewed after the game and did he say anything regarding Riordans absence for the game tonight, just wondering.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    SilverHibee,

With your known links to Derek Riordan, your attempted manipulation of this message board in relation to reports of him of late is becoming IMO extremely tedious and self serving.

Please tell him its now or never and finally time to screw the nut.

Please also tell him to look at Paul Gascoigne if he wants to know where continuing down the same path with lead him.

Above all tell him its not too late to show just how good a player he is. With his ability he should be walking into the Scotland squad.

Blog Entries
    "Feelings of impending doom were not helped by the fact that John Hughes did not have strikers Derek Riordan, Jonatan Johansson or Kurtis Byrne at his disposal."

Taken from the club website report on last night's match. Is that all they're going to say about the absence of one of the club's leading strikers. Given all the conjecture and rumour touting on this and a variety of other websites you'ld think that a bit of transparancy would'nt go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got a text tonight that Derek Riordan was seen getting out of a car on Queensferry Road, the car was holding up traffic, and my friend said it was definatley Deeks who got out of the car, this was around 10 o'clock tonight.
    I would wonder why he is in Edinburgh and not meeting up with the squad if he was in Southampton.
    Does anyone know if Yogi was interviewed after the game and did he say anything regarding Riordans absence for the game tonight, just wondering.
    If Derek wants to go to Southampton and back in the fourteen hours between 8.00 am and 10.00 pm on a day he is not playing for Hibs he should be able to do so comfortably. The flight time is only 90minutes.

I wouldn't expect any official statement if I were you - it's not the Hibs way

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post
    If Derek wants to go to Southampton and back in the fourteen hours between 8.00 am and 10.00 pm on a day he is not playing for Hibs he should be able to do so comfortably. The flight time is only 90minutes.

Doubt we'll get the official statement on his transfer to Southampton until after the medical is complete.............
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    Doubt we'll get the official statement on his transfer to Southampton until after the medical is complete.............
    Transfer to Southampton - WTF

If he is leaving (and it's all conjecture at this point), we're screwed. 'Hibs nil' will become a well used phrase if we're relying on Nish to do the business..

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Transfer to Southampton - WTF
    note the rolly eyes smiley ................
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member
    Someone really ought to get their act together on the official site - fair do's they mentioned the disciplinary, but surely they ought to be publishing a picture of his flight ticket, detailing what he had for lunch and whether or not he managed to find time for a stick of rock while he was down there.

On that matter, does anyone else find it disgraceful that they didn't even mention where Ian Murray went on holiday and whether or not he sent a postcard?

It really needs to be sorted.

I've just worked out why Deek didn't play against Blackburn. It's in the thread title...

"Deek spotted in Edinburgh tonight"

...unless SilverHibee was referrring to his sartorial elegance, Deek obviously has some contagious disease.

Quote Originally Posted by davemcbain View Post
    Someone really ought to get their act together on the official site - fair do's they mentioned the disciplinary, but surely they ought to be publishing a picture of his flight ticket, detailing what he had for lunch and whether or not he managed to find time for a stick of rock while he was down there.

On that matter, does anyone else find it disgraceful that they didn't even mention where Ian Murray went on holiday and whether or not he sent a postcard?

It really needs to be sorted.

note the rolly eyes smiley ................

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I reckon your story is 100% watertight. I heard the same thing from a bloke in the pub.

Blog Entries
    Scotsman report says that Riordan was left behind in Edinburgh, alluding to disciplinary reasons. It says that he will still feature in Hughes future plans.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    So riordan has been spotted in edinburgh, and not one sighting in southampton. What can we make of that?

Blog Entries
    I got speaking to a guy at the Blackburn game when he overheard me and a mate speculating on Deeks whereabouts.

He claimed that from speaking to Riordan himself that part of the clubs disciplining of him was to be dropped for the game at Ewood, and that he was being driven down south today. No Southampton, no Priory, no transfer, just a very unhappy and p!ssed off Riordan. That was all - and I quote - "Hibs.net bollox"

Seemed pretty convinced and convincing, I have to say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    So riordan has been spotted in edinburgh, and not one sighting in southampton. What can we make of that?
    Eh, nobody in Southampton knows him.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    I got speaking to a guy at the Blackburn game when he overheard me and a mate speculating on Deeks whereabouts.

He claimed that from speaking to Riordan himself that part of the clubs disciplining of him was to be dropped for the game at Ewood, and that he was being driven down south today. No Southampton, no Priory, no transfer, just a very unhappy and p!ssed off Riordan. That was all - and I quote - "Hibs.net bollox"

But he wasn't "spotted" at the game? - possible I dare say.

All will be revealed on Friday when the fishman calls.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Scotsman report says that Riordan was left behind in Edinburgh, alluding to disciplinary reasons. It says that he will still feature in Hughes future plans.
    I should bloody well hope so - would be a disaster to lose him at this point IMO.

Sounds likely.

Hibs don't get to play the likes of Blackburn often and players like Deek obviously want to test themselves against teams of this calibre. Dropping him for this game should hammer home the message about the consequences of stepping out of line during Yogi's watch.

If he is pissed off hopefully it is at himself. He really is experienced enough to know better.

Him being left out was part of his discipline. My source was obviously talking pish about him being in Blackburn. Although I can safely say he will be in Bolton and will be a Hibs player this season.

Wasn't at the game due to not being taken, but was on queensferry road as he is staying nearby...something out of nothing eh!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Pure anecdotal likes.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Him being left out was part of his discipline. My source was obviously talking pish about him being in Blackburn. Although I can safely say he will be in Bolton and will be a Hibs player this season.

I have to say that last season I wasn't a Deek fan because of his work ethic (or lack of) and his attitude but when this rumour about Southampton came out, I about sh** it. Thinking back to last Saturday, he forced two great saves from the PNE goalie, one from a dead ball and the other trade mark with the right coming in from the left. IIRC he also had one come off the top of the bar. So there was possibly three great efforts IMHumbleO, the likes of which we desperately need this season. I hope he screws the noddle.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I have to say that last season I wasn't a Deek fan because of his work ethic (or lack of) and his attitude but when this rumour about Southampton came out, I about sh** it. Thinking back to last Saturday, he forced two great saves from the PNE goalie, one from a dead ball and the other trade mark with the right coming in from the left. IIRC he also had one come off the top of the bar. So there was possibly three great efforts IMHumbleO, the likes of which we desperately need this season. I hope he screws the noddle.
    My god, be careful, you are starting to judge him on his football ability.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    I reckon your story is 100% watertight. I heard the same thing from a bloke in the pub.

that just made me spit coffee all over my screen!!