hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yogi losing patience re-Benji

according to the EEN. hey Yogi,just to let you know,the fans have given up on him so move on,punt him or just let him languish in the reserves,with the lowest wage possible under that scenario. forget him being any use to Hibernian fc. the fact that he's f/ked about for far too long has made his tenure "untenable" . I for one,cannot take anything serious about this geezer and he's takin' the piss. Players and their agents are ruining the modern game by getting away with this nonsence and Hibs have suffered greatly over the last few years because of it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    according to the EEN. hey Yogi,just to let you know,the fans have given up on him so move on,punt him or just let him languish in the reserves,with the lowest wage possible under that scenario. forget him being any use to Hibernian fc. the fact that he's f/ked about for far too long has made his tenure "untenable" . I for one,cannot take anything serious about this geezer and he's takin' the piss. Players and their agents are ruining the modern game by getting away with this nonsence and Hibs have suffered greatly over the last few years because of it.
    Even having him in the reserves with lowest wages would be detrimental because his attitude would get worse and he'd be a very bad influence on the other players. Plus it would be very difficult to keep him from Zemmama as they obviously have a common bond.......
    I trust Yogi will know what to do with him.....

Quote Originally Posted by VegasHibby View Post
    Even having him in the reserves with lowest wages would be detrimental because his attitude would get worse and he'd be a very bad influence on the other players. Plus it would be very difficult to keep him from Zemmama as they obviously have a common bond.......
    I trust Yogi will know what to do with him.....
    Iknow what you are saying,but does not stop me feeling that i'd like tae part his plums,wi' my left foot,and tell him where tae go seriously though,I am getting bad vibes about the new managers comments on this one

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I think we should give him a chance as he has great potential.
    I also think it would be a shame if he did go tbh, because he has shown he can play extremely well and his performance in the CIS final was fantastic! Saying this though, he has a terrible attitude and it sounds like he doesn't want to play for us. Hopefully Yogi can persuade him to stay and get the best out of him

Maybe the reason he doesn't want to play for Hibs (allegedly) is to do with all the people telling him to ***** off?

Left by mutual consent!
    A quality manager would love to get him under their wing.....it's all about sorting what's wrong with such enigmas.

There's been loads of them in every walk of life.

I myself am absolutely brilliant at everything, I just cannae be arsed trying hard enough..

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

If he ever gets near our first team then that is sending the out the wrong message. I wonder what he was signing, in that photograph that was posted a few days back. If it was a contract, why can't we enforce it? If he has to come back, then we should call his bluff and tear up his contract. Such a great player will no doubt have clubs around the world chapping at his door. The tache mantra that we all have to accept is that every penny is a prisoner. So lets' not waste even one more on this chump.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Maybe the reason he doesn't want to play for Hibs (allegedly) is to do with all the people telling him to ***** off?
    Am I to take from your view that those who wish him offski are all wrong in their assessment of his committment to Hibs and have judged him unfairly and without cause?

@hibs.net private member
    Sounds like a chicken and the egg scenario to me.

I know i only started telling him to f*** off when he was blatantly not trying a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Sounds like a chicken and the egg scenario to me.

I know i only started telling him to f*** off when he was blatantly not trying a leg.
    Yes seems a bit of chicken and egg. some folk if you bollock them will actually do less and start to make trouble instead. maybe an idea then to try another approach? Is there another approach?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well here's another one, **** off benji.

Benji-bashing. The current hibs.net official sport. I've yet to read anyone on here claiming to know the actual circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Benji-bashing. The current hibs.net official sport. I've yet to read anyone on here claiming to know the actual circumstances.

Makes a change from bishop bashing

Agreed.It seems we have heard so called quotes from other teams,agents and even benji but yet hibs are none the wiser.Fwiw i think hibs did let him try to arrange to go to another team but not to get rid of him but because he was unhappy under mixu.Hibs have to agree to any transfer so its a bit silly seeing benji signing a contract whn they havent agreed to it and the cancelling of the attemped contract shows it was a stunt which backfired.How much benji is a party to this i dont know but its strange how zemmamma has come back as good as ever and benji seems to be a lost soul.Unless he comes back and yogi can work with him then he could find himself booted out of the game.
    I hope it doesnt come to that as he has obvious talent and would be wasted.Heres hoping we can all get to the bottom of the situation and i for one would think yogi can get him playing to something like he is capable of.

Yeh, we're completely missing any facts, photos of him signing for another club for instance.

Oh, wait.........

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    I think this vision of Benji's great ability has started to reach mythical proportions. He's a decent player, he did well in the League Cup final and he had a (not particularly prolonged) spell of playing well for Hibs. That's it.

He didn't pull up any trees in Belgium by the sound of things. Nobody seems particularly keen to sign him since. Any reason for this do we think?

His attitude to his profession appears to be immature and lacking in grace, forethought or honesty. Personally I wouldn't allow him back on the premises. I'd take the financial hit and leave the conundrum of this young man to someone else. Hibs can do without his negative influence in the squad right now.

Look elsewhere.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Yeh, we're completely missing any facts
    Glad you agree

He didn't apprently figure in Mixu's plans

He was asked to get himself another club apparently

The chairman wanted Hibs to get some cash apparently

He didn't exactly feel wanted at Hibs apparently

Some Hibs fans are apparently allocating 100% of the blame to Benji for this sorry mess

Needs to spend less time on the prayer matt and more time in the Ferry Boat public house guzzling quality ales and hanging around shopping centres harrassing young women if he's going to cut it as a pro in Scotland.

A tragic waste.

Where is the "wonderful" Benji then ..?....bet ye he aint down at East mains working his ass of in training..trying tae prove tae folk that he is ready for the challenge ahead ..

If he aint then he is gonna be weeks/months behind every one else in terms of fitness...but you are prob correct perhaps no-one knows his circumstances..however i will take a wild guess & say he is in a petty strop at the mo & his petulence is ruling his head...

Im quite sure if the lad wanted to play for hibs he would be working his ass off right at this moment in time ..

However ...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Here's my thought he will sign for Al Ahily and Hibs will take the hit of a nominal or no fee. Egyptian team obviously backing off when they found out Hibs wanted money.

I do know for a fact that in a bounce game when Evans told him to work harder and show some effort, he accused Evans of being a racist!!!

Stevie Wonder, in a fog, with a bag over his head could see that Benji's attitude changed after the cis win. He seemed to think he had paid the club back in spades and that trying a leg was no longer required. Thought he was too good for Hibs and that a big move was coming his way.

He is the architect of his own misfortune and those excusing his attitude and behaviour are clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post
    He didn't apprently figure in Mixu's plans

He was asked to get himself another club apparently

The chairman wanted Hibs to get some cash apparently

He didn't exactly feel wanted at Hibs apparently

Some Hibs fans are apparently allocating 100% of the blame to Benji for this sorry mess
    Correct And factor in a difficult thigh injury (as described by the club doctor), the death of his father and the break up of his marriage all in the same season, and another alternative picture emerges. Still, more fun to stick the knife into one of our most talented players eh no

My opinion of the lad has not changed. I would love to see him back at Hibs...BUT! only if he comes with the right attitude.
    We need another striker IMHO and Benji (if his head is in the right place) would be perfect.

Why has no team from Morocco his homeland come in for him ? do they know something we dont

A lifeboat coming to rescue Benji would need to have three things on board:

1. A job analyst

2. A psychologist

3. A lawyer

One would tell him what his job was.

Two would tell him how best to go about doing that job.

Three would tell him the consequences of not doing either of the above.

All the rest is hot air.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    I always held out a hope he would come good at some point.

However, his inability to get fixed up in a number of environments indicate to me that it will never happen.

He is always going to be the guy with an indication of talent but a lot of other problems. At the moment he is an unfit guy who does not really want to play for us and is blocking others.

Get rid of him. If not then when is he going to play (needs to get well, get fit and play his way into the team) and how is he going to play. The answer from previous seasons is that it will not be worth waiting for.

Yogi says he has 28 players and wants less that 20. I cannot see that Benji will be retained.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

I think that Hibs were always going to be his bridge to Barcelona or Real. Unfortunately for Benji, I don't think that the Spaniards were aware of that. Personally, my attitude to him changed after the game at Aberdeen where he simply refused to stay upright and at one point even Jones was lifting him up and telling to get on with things. I never, never, never ever want to see someone do that in a Hibs jersey, but to be fair, everyone has their own opinion. I don't want him back.

Are we still paying his wages ?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSo View Post
    Are we still paying his wages ?
    Very good question.

He's obviously still under contract so I'd expect him still to be receiving something from us.