hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex

Fletch to Blackburn, Burnley or god knows where (old thread merged)

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...es-Hibs-hitman

Fletch isn't looking to good in that pic
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 27-06-2009 at 12:23 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Jesus, looks like a cross between Caldwell and an Albino frog who's been eating far too many flies.

Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

jeez hes a ringer for that cauldwell fellow eh

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post

£4m being quoted again. Please let this be true.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    £4m being quoted again. Please let this be true.
    Right I'll start the car !!! Fletch you grap your coat we're leaving for Blackburn

HaHa, I hope Allardyce isn't expecting a decent striker arriving at training, soon to realise he paid 4M for a slow centre half

In all seriousness, 4M for Fletch would be excellent. Get the stand built, and then future sales only means = money back into the team.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post

In all seriousness, 4M for Fletch would be excellent. Get the stand built, and then future sales only means = money back into the team.

There will be more excuses why we can't put money back into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Like what?

We should trust the board at the club. I know I do.

Look at where the club is now compared to 5 or 10 years ago, and in a couple of years we'll hopefully have a completed stadium, little/manageable/no debt, and the best crop of youngsters coming into the 1st team.

With the capital structure in place, of course future player sales will go back into the footballing side of things.
    What's so funny.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

Like setanta going belly -up, people losing there jobs and in general not a lot of money around aye, lets spend,spend,spend...
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 26-06-2009 at 07:47 AM.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I don't believe a thing the Express says. I'd be happy to be proved wrong here though - if he does leave, I'd love to see him at Blackburn.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Jeez, whats happened to the poor guys face, I think you can get ointment for it, preparation X I think its called. Apparently its an essential for the Celtc minded.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    If true, should make the pre season game at Ewood a little more interesting

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Cards on the table then Steve, why you think that any future sales (post East Stand) will not be spent on the team and your rationale behind your thinking?

If they can't get the photo right it stands to reason that the report is a lot of nonsense too

No. he's turned into Pizzaman.

They've just recieved £21m from Santa Cruz and Derbyshire, Petrie will know this

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: M8UDB
    Fletch is a good player but going to Blackburn to replace Roque Santa Cruz!!! Fletch isnt half the player Santa Cruz is. Would much rather he went there than down the M8 tho.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M8UDB View Post
    Fletch is a good player but going to Blackburn to replace Roque Santa Cruz!!! Fletch isnt half the player Santa Cruz is. Would much rather he went there than down the M8 tho.
    Wouldn't have thought Fletch would be brought to replace Santa Cruz, i imagine they'll buy someone high profile to replace him.

I would expect they see Fletch as someone with potential that could be a good squad player, hopefully that settles into premiership life quickly then puts pressure on their main strike force.

What strikers do balackburn currently have? Can only think of Benni Mccarthy

They currently have McCarthy and Jason Roberts, and Chris Samba under Allardyce's logic...

I really dont think Blackburn is the right club for him, they playa very long ball style of play under Allardyce, which he had a lot of success with at Bolton. This would not suit Fletcher, he is decent in the air but not a great physical specemine to bomb it up to, especially against PL central defenders. However, he has been linked with Wigan, and with Martinez in, he has promised football to feet and a good brand of football, where Fletcher's attributes would be better utilised...
    Last edited by Cocaine&Caviar; 26-06-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Wouldn't have thought Fletch would be brought to replace Santa Cruz, i imagine they'll buy someone high profile to replace him.

I would expect they see Fletch as someone with potential that could be a good squad player, hopefully that settles into premiership life quickly then puts pressure on their main strike force.

What strikers do balackburn currently have? Can only think of Benni Mccarthy
    Jason Roberts,
    Diouf,

Derbyshire (has left?), Julio Santz Cruz?

Certainly not too much at the club, and Fletch IMO is capable of holding his own down there. Out with the top 4, the league is vastly overrated.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Jason Roberts,
    Diouf,

Derbyshire (has left?), Julio Santz Cruz?

Certainly not too much at the club, and Fletch IMO is capable of holding his own down there. Out with the top 4, the league is vastly overrated.

I don't think Fletcher is over-rated, I think we as a support under-rate him, tbh.

He's a much better player than he's given credit for on here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys89 View Post
    They currently have McCarthy and Jason Roberts, and Chris Samba under Allardyce's logic...
    If you go on the logic that most managers want 4 forwards then it could be quite feasable that they might want Fletch, they'll have their main 2 strikers, i imagine that'd be Mccarthy and whoever replaces Santa Cruz, they'd also then have an experienced back up in Roberts and a young forward with potential in Fletch.

I wouldn't have thought Allardyce would have wanted to play Samba up front but felt he was probably lacking options.

IMO this move would be good for all parties, especially at the £4m price thats being quoted.

So you wouldnt agree with the logic in the rest of my post regarding Blackburn's playing style?

If Fletch was to go to Blackburn, and any compensation fee would have been given for Bryan Hodge who is still under contract, perhaps it could be waved with this deal, also wouldnt mind the young striker Gallagher coming the other way as part of the deal. Is over 6 foot, spent last season on loan at Plymouth and did well, and can play on the right wing, and has been given a fill cap by Scotland...
    Last edited by Cocaine&Caviar; 26-06-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie® View Post

I don't think Fletcher is over-rated, I think we as a support under-rate him, tbh.

Agree 100%. Sick to death of all these so called experts that love to slate him. Yes he only uses his left foot but there are many top class players that do the same. Reason IMO thet Fletch gets stick is becuase of the cr@p that comes out of the weege press and people actually believe it
    Just look at this story, might have some truth in it, might not but to show a picture of caldwell just proves how sh !t these journallists really are.

I for one think we will miss Fletch when he moves on, but good luck to him if he does, as long as he has sense enough not to go west!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie® View Post

Absolutely agree, these threads normally annoy me as he doesn't get the credit that his overall play deserves.

There's no denying that he didn't have the best of time in front of goal last season, however his link up play is superb IMO, his touch in tight situations was excellent as he had to keep coming deep into busy areas to get the ball as he was getting no help from midfield (as we were normally playing without one).

That said though, i still think that £4m is a hell of a good price for him and if we could get that i'd be pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    Agree 100%. Sick to death of all these so called experts that love to slate him. Yes he only uses his left foot but there are many top class players that do the same. Reason IMO thet Fletch gets stick is becuase of the cr@p that comes out of the weege press and people actually believe it
    Just look at this story, might have some truth in it, might not but to show a picture of caldwell just proves how sh !t these journallists really are.

I for one think we will miss Fletch when he moves on, but good luck to him if he does, as long as he has sense enough not to go west!

At the end of the day, if we bring through players like Fletch, this is the scenario we should all want -> a good few years playing well for Hibs, get's into national team, he get's a good move and the club get a nice return... A pat on the back and wish him well on his way.

It's a shame some fans don't appreciate what's in front of them whilst he's here.....

So you wouldnt agree with the logic in the rest of my post regarding Blackburn's playing style?

If Fletch was to go to Blackburn, and any compensation fee would have been given for Bryan Hodge who is still under contract, perhaps it could be waved with this deal, also wouldnt mind the young striker Gallagher coming the other way as part of the deal. Is over 6 foot, spent last season on loan at Plymouth and did well, and can play on the right wing, and has been given a fill cap by Scotland...
    the rest of your post wasn't there when i quoted you

TBH i've no idea how Blackburn play so i couldn't say if what you say is true or not, what i would say is though that i think he's better in the air than you give him credit for and i don't think the prospect of facing the Premiership defenders is that big a deal, as Craig in prague says, outside the top 4 its a hugely over rated league.

He may not be a great physical presence but he is excellent at holding the ball up, he can also come deep and link up play which is something that many PL defenders struggle to deal with, as well as being left sided which is going to be a benefit to a team as well.

If Fletch was to go there i'd like it to be cash only, once we've got the money we can have a proper scout around and if it appears that the guys you mention are the best thats out there then we can always go back for them, i don't see why we should limit ourselves to targetting players from one club when there's hundreds of players out there we cold be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    the rest of your post wasn't there when i quoted you

TBH i've no idea how Blackburn play so i couldn't say if what you say is true or not, what i would say is though that i think he's better in the air than you give him credit for and i don't think the prospect of facing the Premiership defenders is that big a deal, as Craig in prague says, outside the top 4 its a hugely over rated league.
    Really do have to disagree with this, there are centre backs outside the top 4 that are better than anything Fletcher has faced before; Woodgate, King, Dawson, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Dunne, C Davies, Cuellar, and even the lower clubs in the division have the likes of Distin, Campbell, Kaboul, Samba, Nelsen, Cahill, Hangelaand, Turner, Upson, etc.

In comparison to the likes of McManus and Wilkie that he is used to facing, there is no comparison...

Really do have to disagree with this, there are centre backs outside the top 4 that are better than anything Fletcher has faced before; Woodgate, King, Dawson, Jagielka, Lescott, Yobo, Dunne, C Davies, Cuellar, and even the lower clubs in the division have the likes of Distin, Campbell, Kaboul, Samba, Nelsen, Cahill, Hangelaand, Turner, Upson, etc.

In comparison to the likes of McManus and Wilkie that he is used to facing, there is no comparison...

He not faced him before?

There's no doubting it'll be a massive step up, however i just don't believe the leagues as good as the hype would suggest and IMO Fletch could well be a success down there.

Bye the way, to put the £4m we're asking for in perspective, noticed Hertz are looking for £4.3m for Driver

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/cov...2746-23987014/