hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

My Letter to Hibs - sent this morning.

I sent this letter this morning. Some of you may agree with the sentiment but not the course of action or you may agree with it all. Just thought I would share it.

FAO Mr Scott Lindsay

23rd February 2009

Dear Sir,

It is with sadness that I actually write this letter to you today but displays by the team I have loved and supported all my life have driven me to this.

I have been a massive supporter of the way the club has been run in recent years, the appointment of Tony Mowbray followed by John Collins were applauded by me and many others. The way the club has been run financially has also been a huge plus for me which has allowed the development of our training centre and ongoing improvements to the ground. Not to mention our youth set up which is still producing excellent young players.

However I feel that the appointment of Mixu Paatelainen was an error in judgment. This is not a recent revelation to me and to be honest I have felt this way since his first match in charge. But as a loyal Hibs fan I looked beyond my own reservations and still renewed my season ticket for 2008-09.

This season has been nothing short of dreadful. His inability to get the players physically fit and capable of passing the ball to each other is worrying enough His insistence to blame everything and everyone other than himself for defeats and poor performances is quite frankly pathetic. Last week when he publicly blamed Paul Hanlon for not winning the game at Kilmarnock was unforgivable and his excuses after Saturday’s defeat at Inverness were laughable. As a member of the board did this not annoy you? Considering the way the club has backed him in the three transfer windows he has managed us through to blame a lack of money for our current plight is surely a sign that he is simply not the man for us.

He has been given ample funds to put a team on the pitch worthy of this club, I am sure that Mowbray or Collins would have loved his budget during their times in charge. I am confident that the wages/signings budget at Hibs is well in excess of those at Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Inverness, St Mirren & Dundee Utd with perhaps Aberdeen on an equal footing. I have seen all those sides outplay us in games this season.

I would also like to point out that my letter is not driven by poor results but the way we are playing. I would accept our league position and points tally if I felt that I was at least watching a team trying to win points by playing football. As a Hibs fan I don’t have delusions of grandeur, I have never expected us to win the league or even a cup, what I do expect is to be able to enjoy my trips to Easter Road, if I’m not enjoying it what reason do I have to come along.

I don’t want this letter to turn into nothing more than a rant at the club so I will make my final point now. I will not attend another Hibs match while Mixu Paatelainen is in charge and enclose my season ticket stub for Saturday’s game against Falkirk. I will post each and every stub individually for the rest of the season as long as he remains in charge.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Absolutely excellent.

Far superior to open letters by our yam counterparts...

I think it gets the point across and the season ticket stub for every game is a strong message. Doubt the board will listen though...

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sent this letter this morning. Some of you may agree with the sentiment but not the course of action or you may agree with it all. Just thought I would share it.

FAO Mr Scott Lindsay

23rd February 2009

Dear Sir,

It is with sadness that I actually write this letter to you today but displays by the team I have loved and supported all my life have driven me to this.

I have been a massive supporter of the way the club has been run in recent years, the appointment of Tony Mowbray followed by John Collins were applauded by me and many others. The way the club has been run financially has also been a huge plus for me which has allowed the development of our training centre and ongoing improvements to the ground. Not to mention our youth set up which is still producing excellent young players.

However I feel that the appointment of Mixu Paatelainen was an error in judgment. This is not a recent revelation to me and to be honest I have felt this way since his first match in charge. But as a loyal Hibs fan I looked beyond my own reservations and still renewed my season ticket for 2008-09.

This season has been nothing short of dreadful. His inability to get the players physically fit and capable of passing the ball to each other is worrying enough His insistence to blame everything and everyone other than himself for defeats and poor performances is quite frankly pathetic. Last week when he publicly blamed Paul Hanlon for not winning the game at Kilmarnock was unforgivable and his excuses after Saturday’s defeat at Inverness were laughable. As a member of the board did this not annoy you? Considering the way the club has backed him in the three transfer windows he has managed us through to blame a lack of money for our current plight is surely a sign that he is simply not the man for us.

He has been given ample funds to put a team on the pitch worthy of this club, I am sure that Mowbray or Collins would have loved his budget during their times in charge. I am confident that the wages/signings budget at Hibs is well in excess of those at Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Inverness, St Mirren & Dundee Utd with perhaps Aberdeen on an equal footing. I have seen all those sides outplay us in games this season.

I would also like to point out that my letter is not driven by poor results but the way we are playing. I would accept our league position and points tally if I felt that I was at least watching a team trying to win points by playing football. As a Hibs fan I don’t have delusions of grandeur, I have never expected us to win the league or even a cup, what I do expect is to be able to enjoy my trips to Easter Road, if I’m not enjoying it what reason do I have to come along.

I don’t want this letter to turn into nothing more than a rant at the club so I will make my final point now. I will not attend another Hibs match while Mixu Paatelainen is in charge and enclose my season ticket stub for Saturday’s game against Falkirk. I will post each and every stub individually for the rest of the season as long as he remains in charge.
    there's a thread similiar to this on the PM board and i say well done to anyone who's gone to the effort to let the board know exactly how they're feeling.

Excellent letter and hopefully the club sit up and take notice that the fans aren't happy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why do we need to see it ?

Great letter

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

FAO Mr Scott Lindsay

23rd February 2009

Dear Sir,

An excellent letter and one I agree with 100% up until the last paragraph.

I am not criticising your non-attendance, it's just that I couldn't stay away through choice. Other than that I could have written that letter myself.

Did you consider copying Rod Petrie in?

Let us know what response you get if any.

and if the same style of letter went in at Man united against Fergie had went in where would they be now

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

Don't hold your breath on that happening.

Excellent letter, which will unfortunately fall on deaf ears.

Stand by for a standard reply like the one below.

Thank you for your letter dated 25th February 2009. All comments and queries from fans are welcomed by the Club and please be assured that your message has been communicated to the Board.

Everyone associated with Hibernian FC is disappointed with the result against Inverness Caledonian Thistle and recent form.

The Board is fully committed to supporting the Manager in his goal of ensuring that Hibernian FC has a winning team on the park. The Board will also never lose sight of Hibernian’s need to be competing for honours.

The backing of supporters for the team is a vital part of us all working together to achieve our aspirations for Hibernian FC now and in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to write with your views and for continuing to support your Club

Scott Lindsay
    The Hibernian Football Club Limited

top notch. I disagree to an extent on sending letters basically asking for a man to be sacked from his job, but in the end its the same as complaing if the service from a member of staff in a resturant was rotten.

Mixu Out.

Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    and if the same style of letter went in at Man united against Fergie had went in where would they be now
    So your saying that your happy in the direction that HFC are going under Mixu's guidance?

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Probably still up there fighting for every trophy, just be under a different manager.

Are you suggesting we should be happy to let things plod along under the leadership (or lack of it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    So your saying that your happy in the direction that HFC are going under Mixu's guidance?
    IMO the comparison is so ridiculous its not even worth commenting on mate.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    An excellent letter and one I agree with 100% up until the last paragraph.

I am not criticising your non-attendance, it's just that I couldn't stay away through choice. Other than that I could have written that letter myself.

Did you consider copying Rod Petrie in?

I will definitely post any response I get.

It was not an easy decision to not go on Saturday.

I can completely understand if anyone disagrees with this, I don't like doing it but I feel that empty seats is what will get the message across.

I'm not withdrawing my support for the club as they already have my money. I feel bad not supporting the team but as I'm in the West Upper I'm generally too busy eating my prawn sandwiches to support the team vocally anyway....

I could have sent the letter to Rod Petrie but decided that as Scott Lindsay is the Chief Executive it should go to him.

Can't believe that you've, so far, gotten away with an "open letter" thread. Better watch your back.

Lindsay will be peshing his pants laughing - you don't say anything he won't have heard in the stand.

FAO Mr Scott Lindsay

23rd February 2009

Dear Sir,

Absolutely excellent in both tone and content, and while I will continue to attend home games, I totally understand your decision not to, and I will not be renewing my ST as long as Mixu is still in charge.

I also understand others' cynicism about whether the board will listen, let alone do anything about it, but what you say needs saying regardless.

Who gives a toss about Man U

This is a Hibs problem

Fergie had won trophies as a manager. Mixu would take Man U mid table and think he was doing ok.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

I will not attend another Hibs match while Mixu Paatelainen is in charge and enclose my season ticket stub for Saturday’s game against Falkirk. I will post each and every stub individually for the rest of the season as long as he remains in charge. [/FONT]
    So if Mixu WAS to turn it around and get the team playing the way you describe, success or not, you won't be back anyway until he's gone?

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Stand by for a standard reply like the one below.

Thank you for your letter dated 25th February 2009. All comments and queries from fans are welcomed by the Club and please be assured that your message has been communicated to the Board.

Everyone associated with Hibernian FC is disappointed with the result against Inverness Caledonian Thistle and recent form.

The Board is fully committed to supporting the Manager in his goal of ensuring that Hibernian FC has a winning team on the park. The Board will also never lose sight of Hibernian’s need to be competing for honours.

The backing of supporters for the team is a vital part of us all working together to achieve our aspirations for Hibernian FC now and in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to write with your views and for continuing to support your Club

Scott Lindsay
    The Hibernian Football Club Limited

100% correct

Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    Absolutely excellent in both tone and content, and while I will continue to attend home games, I totally understand your decision not to, and I will not be renewing my ST as long as Mixu is still in charge.

I also understand others' cynicism about whether the board will listen, let alone do anything about it, but what you say needs saying regardless.
    Dont bother coming back at all . What if Mixu signed some quality players pre season and where challenging for Europe next season, would you still not come back?.

I know its highly unlikey but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Dont bother coming back at all . What if Mixu signed some quality players pre season and where challenging for Europe next season, would you still not come back?.

its not about the players though, its that he's unable to organise or motivate them.

Btw next season its more than likely we'll have to replace the monk, jones, Fletch, Rosa, as well as sort our full back and midfield problem (still no replacement for Boozy FFS), so if we think we're bad this season i think if Mixu is still with us next season we'll be in for a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    So if Mixu WAS to turn it around and get the team playing the way you describe, success or not, you won't be back anyway until he's gone?
    I think any improvement would be a temporary situation. I actually think we'll get a win on Saturday. So far he has managed to pick up positive results when it looks like he is about to get the chop and I think Saturday's game will be the same. 2-0 Hibs. An early Riordan free kick and a late goal from Fletcher after Falkirk have dominated the game but not scored is my prediction.

If he remains as manager then I have seen my last game until next season. I won't be renewing my ST but will go week by week.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post

So left to you, no one is allowed an alternative opinion,!!

Don't lets turn this into a i'm a better fan than you thread.

I would have to think long and hard about not atending games, but totaly agree that this guy has the right to make up his own mind and demonstrate how he see's fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post

I know FIG personally and have been the best of friends with him for many many years. He is no jambo.

The letter is excellent BTW Big Man. I wholeheartedly agree.

First Team Regular sam armstrong's Avatar

FAO Mr Scott Lindsay

23rd February 2009

Dear Sir,

Good Letter but I am afraid John Collins was a mistake also.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    excellently constructed and composed letter

makes the points we are all concerned about while acknowledging that the club has been superbly run until the appointment of Mixu which is the case. I wouldn't hold my breath for the proper response its deserves though unfortunately.

and as far as im aware its been addressed and posted to Scott Lindsay directly rather than just putting it out into a public forum expecting it to reach its target audience somehow so it aint a open letter, the guy is just looking for opinions from his fellow hibs fans to find out if his feelings are represantitive of the others on this board so there is no need to have a go at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe's ice cream View Post
    So left to you, no one is allowed an alternative opinion,!!

Don't lets turn this into a i'm a better fan than you thread.

I would have to think long and hard about not atending games, but totaly agree that this guy has the right to make up his own mind and demonstrate how he see's fit.

This is nothing to do with being a better fan. I am asking a question that if Mixu turned it around would he still not go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post

Harsh and uncalled for Chuckie

The OP is clearly hurting and felt strongly enough about it that he decided to share his concerns. He states quite clearly that not everyone will see it his way.

If you disagree, say so but don't insult the guy by calling him a Jambo clown
    This is how it feels