hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Just another quick update:

I have just come off the phone to the West Lothian Courier who are looking at running a story on this. With this backing, I am hoping that the golf courses will see the benefits from the free advertising they will get.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'd be interested in playing if there's still spaces available

In West Lothian as well and I'm bar staff at Harburn so might be able to ask them about it and things?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyScott View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

In West Lothian as well and I'm bar staff at Harburn so might be able to ask them about it and things?
    Cool, if you could send your details to me via PM ie name (I'm thinking, Scott maybe?) and handicap if you have one (you don't need one though). That would be handy if you could swing things at Harburn aswell mate.

If you can get times from Harburn, we'd be needing 3. I've just pinged an email to uphall to see if they can accomodate us.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HouchyŽ View Post
    Cool, if you could send your details to me via PM ie name (I'm thinking, Scott maybe?) and handicap if you have one (you don't need one though). That would be handy if you could swing things at Harburn aswell mate.

If you can get times from Harburn, we'd be needing 3. I've just pinged an email to uphall to see if they can accomodate us.
    I will put the squeeze on Harburn too Houchy.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Good luck! I tried Harburn last year - sent a letter, phoned twice and sent an email, but no-one ever got back to me. I asked for tee-times, or, failing that, a place to advertise our teams' efforts, or if they would sponsor one of their members (a competition winning member too ) and got nothing on all fronts!

Just make sure Harburn is an early one - walking up the 16th and 17th would be a bugger near the end of the day!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Right,

That's Uphall and Turnhouse contacted with someone I know, who has been a member at Bathgate for a long time, speaking with them tomorrow.

As I stated previously, I am probably looking at week commencing 20th July and it will be during the week obviously so as to avoid disrupting club competitions/congested fairways etc so can everyone who is a definate please PM me with names, telephone numbers, location, if you can drive and, if so, are you able to help with shutteling your team from course to course so that I can delegate 1 driver per team.

The clubs we are presently looking at are Bathgate, Uphall, Turnhouse and Dalmahoy (if you don't ask you dont get), with possible reserves being Pumpherston, Deer Park, Harburn and maybe Ratho depending on responses from the other 4.

The West Lothian Courier are running a story on this and as we are also incorporating Edinburgh courses, I'll also approach the Evening News. I'll also contact local businesses for sponsorship (maybe through Real Radio or Forth 1). I know some companies ie Sky and maybe HSBC do a pound for pound for charity events for their staff so if anyone elses company operates a similar sheme then all the better.

Oh yeah, and if you could also PM me address so I can get the Sponsor Packs sent out to you.

I'm just off the phone to the secretary at Harburn, and she can't see a problem with it (said we'd tee off around early morning, get 16 and 17 out of the way as previously suggested ) She asked for me to give her something in writing that she could put before the committee as a courtesy, so once we know exactly how many times we need, I'll be able to do that

And I'm definately in by the way

I'm just off the phone to the secretary at Harburn, and she can't see a problem with it (said we'd tee off around early morning, get 16 and 17 out of the way as previously suggested ) She asked for me to give her something in writing that she could put before the committee as a courtesy, so once we know exactly how many times we need, I'll be able to do that

And I'm definately in by the way
    Good man Scott, I've got a letter on email that I've sent to turnhouse and Uphall which goes on a bit about why we are looking to do it, but if you want me to send it to you so you can say "this is what one of the organisers has sent to other clubs" I can do.

Houchy,

If you want to e-mail me the letter I could print it off and hand it in at Harburn tomorrow on my way home from Uni?

My e-mail address is on its way in PM

Houchy,

If you want to e-mail me the letter I could print it off and hand it in at Harburn tomorrow on my way home from Uni?

My e-mail address is on its way in PM
    Thanks Scott. I'll send it over about 4ish mate.

Update:
    Just had a reply from Turnhouse who have given us 3 fourballs on 21st or 23rd July.
    Last edited by Houchy; 26-03-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Another update.

Uphall are happy to accomodate us.

So hopefully it will be:

Bathgate, (or Harburn or Pumpherston) at around 06:00 for 09:30 finish

Uphall at around 10:00 for 13:30 finish (confirmed)

Turnhouse around 14:00 for 17:30 finish (confirmed)

Dalmahoy (or Ratho) 18:00 for 21:30 finish (90% sure I can get Ratho through connections but will try for Dalmahoy even just to ask if we can access leisure facilities afterwards to wind down)

Both Uphall and Turnhouse are happy with our times based on the 23rd (Thursday) so I think that's the date set.

Again can anyone who hasn't yet confirmed they can play, or anyone else who would like to play please do so so that I can allocate teams. Please also PM me your address for sponsor forms and if you can drive as I am trying to designate 2 drivers per team (so that we can get from course to course in our teams).

Thanks
    Last edited by Houchy; 26-03-2009 at 04:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Both Uphall and Turnhouse are happy with our times based on the 23rd (Thursday) so I think that's the date set.

Again can anyone who hasn't yet confirmed they can play, or anyone else who would like to play please do so so that I can allocate teams. Please also PM me your address for sponsor forms and if you can drive as I am trying to designate 2 drivers per team (so that we can get from course to course in our teams).

Thanks
    Have you not already got my address Lawrence?

I don't mind driving.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Have you not already got my address Lawrence?

I don't mind driving.
    I think Scott M got most of the names and addresses quite early on so I'll check with him to see who's details he has.

I'm more just trying to get names of definates so I can get the teams put together at this point mate (you're already added).

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I think Scott M got most of the names and addresses quite early on so I'll check with him to see who's details he has.

I'm more just trying to get names of definates so I can get the teams put together at this point mate (you're already added).
    Actually yeah it was Scott
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Actually yeah it was Scott
    Just checked with Scott and he only has your phone number and location but no address. There's no massive rush but if you could PM me with your address so I can send you out your sponsorship pack.

Thanks

Gamer IDs

I only have people's names, towns and golf club membership, where applicable!

It was early days, so I didn't see the point in taking masses of information quite so early on

That's Dalmahoy contacted so lets keep the fingers crossed.

That's Dalmahoy contacted so lets keep the fingers crossed.
    Just remembered, I actually know one of the teaching professionals and the Director of Golf (if it's still him) up at Dalmahoy. Not sure how much weight that would be able to add to us, but it might be worth a try if you'd like me to see if I can find either of them?

Gamer IDs

It wouldn't do any harm to have someone associated with Dalmahoy pushing our case Scott.

Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
    It wouldn't do any harm to have someone associated with Dalmahoy pushing our case Scott.

Good idea!
    I'll see what I can do, I MIGHT be able to get into Dalmahoy on the way back today, but it is a bit out of my way, and I'm not sure when I'll get out of uni. I'll see what I can do though

I'll see what I can do, I MIGHT be able to get into Dalmahoy on the way back today, but it is a bit out of my way, and I'm not sure when I'll get out of uni. I'll see what I can do though
    It's worth a try anyway.

Pretty pleased with the email I sent to Dalmahoy even if I do say so myself.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Just missed Harburn's Captain yesterday but I believe Hibbyscott has popped a letter into the comittee. Fingers crossed.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Good news this looks to be all go.

Are we still going to get in contact with the club, maybe raise awareness through the matchday programme or ask for Hibs poloshirts for us to wear.

Could a race night or something along those lines be run at the club again to raise more cash.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Good news this looks to be all go.

Are we still going to get in contact with the club, maybe raise awareness through the matchday programme or ask for Hibs poloshirts for us to wear.

Could a race night or something along those lines be run at the club again to raise more cash.
    Yeah. Although I wanted to hold off until we had confirmed courses, teams and dates before getting Hibs involved.

I've scrapped the idea of getting other supporters groups involved. Too much work with little end benefit to either the event, or the charity. Best we just focus on our efforts, which are going well by all accounts!

I'd thought about asking if they would be so kind as to do both of your ideas. We need to have uniforms (in the sense of matching tops), so I thought it would be good to see if we could get them to do polos, thus helping us out and allowing Hibs to gain some reputation by showing they support their supporters and charities at the same time! I'd like to ask someone who has been a long-term season ticket holder (out of our group) to get in touch with the club. I'm a relatively new Hibs fan, and due to Uni commitments, I've never owned a ST, so I don't think I would be the best person to approach the club. Best having someone with better ties than me?

Do the club have a particular individual who organises the programme - I'd say he should be the next point of contact once we have our itinerary confirmed!

At the moment, we have/hoping for:

Harburn: 1st Course, 3x4balls, 6.00am
    Uphall: 2nd Course, 3x4balls, 9.30/10am
    Turnhouse: 3rd Course, 3x4balls, 14.30pm
    Dalmahoy: 4th Course, 3x4balls, 18.30pm

Should allow us to finish around half 9. If we get Dalmahoy, we'll have a chance to rest, use their facilities, have some dinner together once we're done!

Do we have a provisional incase Dalmahoy aren't happy with this? From past experience in dealing with them, they're usually reluctant to part with freebies, even for charity! To continue with accomodating those from Edinburgh, I had discussed the possibility of Lothianburn with Houchy (as I think we have someone taking part who is a member there?). I'm sure Ratho was also mentioned....

If we get Ratho, would it be worthwhile asking if Dalmahoy would allow us access to their leisure facilities anyway?

We need to arrange ourselves into 3 set 4 balls. This is pretty rigid once the teams are registered with little opportunity to move around, so we'll need to establish a way of devising them.

Houchy
    Scott M
    greenlex
    HibbyScott
    GodsaHibby
    BroxburnHibby
    Hi8sry
    Sg7nil
    a
    b
    c
    d

I've fired the names into a random stats generator we use at Uni (I'm well aware I could be using it for something much more productive!) and the 3 teams it spat back out were as follows:

Team Reilly
    Sg7nil
    a
    Godsahibby
    HibbyScott

Team Smith
    Houchy
    c
    greenlex
    Scott M

Team Turnbull
    b
    BroxburnHibby
    Hi8sry
    d

Houchy - you'd mentioned you had some friends who were interested in joining up - if you tell me there are 4 of them, then you kick ass!
    Last edited by Sylar; 30-03-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Just got this from Dalmahoy:

Hi Lawrence

I have booked 3 times for you on Thursday 23rd July, starting at 6pm, 6.09pm & 6.18pm.

I hope the day goes well for you, and you raise lots of money for the charity.

Kind regards

Gordon Watt
    Golf Co-ordinator

That's ***** awesome.

My Plans were (but I've not heard from Harburn or Bathgate) was as follows:
    Bathgate/Harburn : 06:00 until 09:30 with the other groups at 06:10 and 06:20 (thought Bathgate as no big hills and 10 minutes from uphall whereas Harburn may be more difficult to get to uphall from at 09:30)

Uphall at 10:00 with the same ideas time wise

Turnhouse at 14:30

Dalmahoy as above: 18:00, 18:09 and 18:18.

From this, I think I'll need to ask Turnhouse for 14:00 to give us a bit more time.

Scott, I have got 4 others plus reserves if need be mate from Sky and HSBC.

Yeah. Although I wanted to hold off until we had confirmed courses, teams and dates before getting Hibs involved.

I've scrapped the idea of getting other supporters groups involved. Too much work with little end benefit to either the event, or the charity. Best we just focus on our efforts, which are going well by all accounts!

I'd thought about asking if they would be so kind as to do both of your ideas. We need to have uniforms (in the sense of matching tops), so I thought it would be good to see if we could get them to do polos, thus helping us out and allowing Hibs to gain some reputation by showing they support their supporters and charities at the same time! I'd like to ask someone who has been a long-term season ticket holder (out of our group) to get in touch with the club. I'm a relatively new Hibs fan, and due to Uni commitments, I've never owned a ST, so I don't think I would be the best person to approach the club. Best having someone with better ties than me?

Do the club have a particular individual who organises the programme - I'd say he should be the next point of contact once we have our itinerary confirmed!

Should allow us to finish around half 9. If we get Dalmahoy, we'll have a chance to rest, use their facilities, have some dinner together once we're done!

Do we have a provisional incase Dalmahoy aren't happy with this? From past experience in dealing with them, they're usually reluctant to part with freebies, even for charity! To continue with accomodating those from Edinburgh, I had discussed the possibility of Lothianburn with Houchy (as I think we have someone taking part who is a member there?). I'm sure Ratho was also mentioned....

If we get Ratho, would it be worthwhile asking if Dalmahoy would allow us access to their leisure facilities anyway?

We need to arrange ourselves into 3 set 4 balls. This is pretty rigid once the teams are registered with little opportunity to move around, so we'll need to establish a way of devising them.

Houchy
    Scott M
    greenlex
    HibbyScott
    GodsaHibby
    BroxburnHibby
    Hi8sry
    Sg7nil
    a
    b
    c
    d

I've fired the names into a random stats generator we use at Uni (I'm well aware I could be using it for something much more productive!) and the 3 teams it spat back out were as follows:

Team Reilly
    Sg7nil
    a
    Godsahibby
    HibbyScott

Team Smith
    Houchy
    c
    greenlex
    Scott M

Team Turnbull
    b
    BroxburnHibby
    Hi8sry
    d

Houchy - you'd mentioned you had some friends who were interested in joining up - if you tell me there are 4 of them, then you kick ass!
    B and D for team Turnbull, I would like to fill with two friends, Tony Wright and Mark Whelan as they both work together and play golf regularly together. One's a tim and the others a Chelsea fan (but he is from London).

"C" would be a guy (Mike Eprile) I know from my old work.

and "A" Greg Muir from Sky.

Gamer IDs

Awesome news Houchy! Simply awesome!

I'd be happy with Bathgate - despite having lived in Bathgate for 18 years, I've never played the course!

It seems we have 12 guarenteed then.

Do you want to start getting the 4 teams registered?

Are my model groups OK? I'll let you fill in the a,b,c and d with the names of those who are your first choice 4.

If not, feel free to rearrange and come up with new groups!

Any mention of access to their leisure facilities afterwards?

Houchy
    Scott M
    greenlex
    HibbyScott
    GodsaHibby
    BroxburnHibby
    Hi8sry
    Sg7nil
    a
    b
    c
    d

Team Reilly
    Sg7nil
    a
    Godsahibby
    HibbyScott

Team Smith
    Houchy
    c
    greenlex
    Scott M

Team Turnbull
    b
    BroxburnHibby
    Hi8sry
    d

I still have to confirm that I can get the day off...(I had stupidly thought that it would be around the 21st June for some strange reason!) will confirm with you tomorrow.

Looks good so my boss better not put the kibosh on it..! If I'm playing I can drive too.

Quote Originally Posted by sg7nil View Post
    I still have to confirm that I can get the day off...(I had stupidly thought that it would be around the 21st June for some strange reason!) will confirm with you tomorrow.

Looks good so my boss better not put the kibosh on it..! If I'm playing I can drive too.
    Cool but how's your sand shots and putting