hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Club PR improves - chief scout responds to player recommendation!

As seen on this thread - http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=127161 that probably nobody is taking any notice of now, Hibs Chief Scout personally responded to me re: a player I spotted here in New Zealand.

Pretty good I thought, and it was in less than 24 hours too!

Pity he didn't like the player though

Thanks for your recent email. I took the time to review the footage you sent me but didn't really see anything within that to suggest that the player is anything exceptional. I also noticed by checking the player's history that he has in fact already played a couple of seasons in the English lower leagues but seemingly didn't do enough to progress or extend his stay there. Also, with the player's age in mind we probably won't look at taking this one any further.

I would like to thank you though for bringing him to our attention and by all means please feel free to send through any other recommendations from the Australian league to our attention, particularly younger players. However, bear in mind that with strict UK visa requirements we are generally restricted to players of British/European descent.

Hope you are enjoying life over there!

Kind Regards

David Fouque
    Chief Scout
    Hibernian FC

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As seen on this thread - http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=127161 that probably nobody is taking any notice of now, Hibs Chief Scout personally responded to me re: a player I spotted here in New Zealand.

Thanks for your recent email. I took the time to review the footage you sent me but didn't really see anything within that to suggest that the player is anything exceptional. I also noticed by checking the player's history that he has in fact already played a couple of seasons in the English lower leagues but seemingly didn't do enough to progress or extend his stay there. Also, with the player's age in mind we probably won't look at taking this one any further.

I would like to thank you though for bringing him to our attention and by all means please feel free to send through any other recommendations from the Australian league to our attention, particularly younger players. However, bear in mind that with strict UK visa requirements we are generally restricted to players of British/European descent.

Kind Regards

David Fouque
    Chief Scout
    Hibernian FC
    That's a brilliant response, to be fair.

Well done you, for recommending.

Well done Hibs for taking you seriously.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex

Kind Regards

David Fouque
    Chief Scout
    Hibernian FC
    Might get yourself a job out of this !!

Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    Might get yourself a job out of this !!
    Might've if he'd said "We will get in contact with Wellington soon, I liked what I saw"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Might've if he'd said "We will get in contact with Wellington soon, I liked what I saw"
    Least he wants you to keep him informed on any players down there that might make the grade at hibs You never know you might just find the next Chris Killen

decent,quick reply from the scout. club PR STILL CRAP!

First Team Breakthrough
    Good man!

And good on the club taking it seiously to merit that response

Hopefully we'll see more international hibbies follow your lead!

Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    Least he wants you to keep him informed on any players down there that might make the grade at hibs You never know you might just find the next Chris Killen
    I already have!! We dinnae want him

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel

Kind Regards

David Fouque
    Chief Scout
    Hibernian FC
    Excellent, so you are now Hibs New Zealand talent spotter!!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'm going to keep my eyes out for talent in the untapped resource that is The Fife.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Some further info I have come by -

this guy was born in Germany and apparently has a German passport - i.e. no work permit issues.

He is now a regular in the NZ international squad and scored 2 vs Wales in some friendly fairly recently - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpmS9ilsF4 - apologies for quality of clip!

Was voted NZ player of the year last year ahead of Killen and Ryan Nelsen.

Now I am worried this is a real missed opportunity!

First Team Breakthrough

this guy was born in Germany and apparently has a German passport - i.e. no work permit issues.

He is now a regular in the NZ international squad and scored 2 vs Wales in some friendly fairly recently - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpmS9ilsF4 - apologies for quality of clip!

To be fair though Killen never really put his case forward...!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    To be fair though Killen never really put his case forward...!
    Yeah, it just sounds good over here because there is nobody else to compare to!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Smeltz

19 goals in 2005/06 while at Wimbledon - not bad I would say?

Hmmm, having looked at this, it seems the Wimbledon it speaks of is AFC Wimbledon, not MK Dons so actually these goals were scored in the conference!

But, we did sign Clayton Donaldson...
    Last edited by Steve-O; 28-08-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Personally think Smeltz, from what I have seen, is a very poor man's Chris Killen...maybe if you had suggested a decent player from the Phoenix, such as, umm, errr, that other guy who can kick a ball in the right direction...

@hibs.net private member
    Clips of Charlie Miller and Eugene dadi coming his way soon!!

Did I hear Simon Lynch was playing for Airdrie the other night? He never really did it over here and his career seems to have taken a nose dive. i remember we were after him but Preston beat us to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Clips of Charlie Miller and Eugene dadi coming his way soon!!

Did I hear Simon Lynch was playing for Airdrie the other night? He never really did it over here and his career seems to have taken a nose dive. i remember we were after him but Preston beat us to it.
    Who does Eugene play for?

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Personally think Smeltz, from what I have seen, is a very poor man's Chris Killen...maybe if you had suggested a decent player from the Phoenix, such as, umm, errr, that other guy who can kick a ball in the right direction...
    Their left-back Lockhead (or Lochhead?) was on trial at Middlesbrough a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get a deal in the end, but maybe he is worth a look as well as it's a problem position for us!

He's the one that puts the cross in for Smeltz's first goal v Melbourne.

@hibs.net private member
    Who does Eugene play for?
    Perth Glory. He scored at the weekend but I saw him in a couple of friendlies and he was absolutely hopeless.

Thought Glory's other 2 visa players looked decent but I'll still tip them to finish bottom.

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Good to see the guy checked your "find" and took the time to give you an informed reply

Then again ....................... he should be out there looking for talent not replying to emails from supporters

From what i've seen of the aussie league though.............. not many gems as far as I can see............... must admit the only time I see a game is through beer goggles at the pub The defences always make the Hibs defence look great
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Smeltz

19 goals in 2005/06 while at Wimbledon - not bad I would say?

Hmmm, having looked at this, it seems the Wimbledon it speaks of is AFC Wimbledon, not MK Dons so actually these goals were scored in the conference!

But, we did sign Clayton Donaldson...
    AFC Wimbledon were playing a good couple of leagues below the Conference in 05/06.

and who needs champ man eh!

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Well done Steveo for taking the time to recommend the player and well done the scout for emailing you back so swiftly . Nice to see it wasn't just a standard reply and had a little personal touch to it . Keep searching you never know there may be a couple of gems

Scouting all over the world !
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

They still should have listened to me about Pat McCourt.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    They still should have listened to me about Pat McCourt.
    Who her?

Their left-back Lockhead (or Lochhead?) was on trial at Middlesbrough a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get a deal in the end, but maybe he is worth a look as well as it's a problem position for us!

He's the one that puts the cross in for Smeltz's first goal v Melbourne.
    Lockhead was the guy I spent most of the first game of the season shouting at, he seems ok going forward but continually let his man in behind him when he got caught to far out of position, don't think he is any solution to our LB problem

Smeltz has scored twice in the last 2 NZ international games and they are now only 2 matches away from qualifying for the world cup...

@hibs.net private member
    Steve,

Any idea when Ther Glory visit Wellington? Was thinking about a possible weekend trip.

Dare I suggest a wee look at Glen Moss for the goalkeeping department may be more worthwhile

First Team Regular joejoefaemexico's Avatar

Kind Regards

David Fouque
    Chief Scout
    Hibernian FC

David Fouque, top banana!