hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know who advertises at Easter Road??

Reet,

Anyone got any idea of the companies who sponsor at Easter Road on the advertising boards around the sides of the pitch?

The reason I ask is that i'm organising an event at Easter Road in January and we're needing a sponsor to aid us to the tune of a £200-£300 due to the fact we're a non-profit organisation, thought that the folk who sponsor at Hibs on the pitch side boards might be a good place to start at...

Anyway, anyone got any names please??

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reet,

Anyone got any idea of the companies who sponsor at Easter Road on the advertising boards around the sides of the pitch?

The reason I ask is that i'm organising an event at Easter Road in January and we're needing a sponsor to aid us to the tune of a £200-£300 due to the fact we're a non-profit organisation, thought that the folk who sponsor at Hibs on the pitch side boards might be a good place to start at...

Xile - where the casuals get most of their trendy gear from

Oh and the boss Pat is a good hibby

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Xile - where the casuals get most of their trendy gear from

Oh and the boss Pat is a good hibby
    Thats the only one I do actually know! And i mailed them yesterday! No reply yet though!

I have no idea about any others though!

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    im pretty sure Peffer Paint have a sponsorship at easter road

Left by mutual consent!
    Thats the only one I do actually know! And i mailed them yesterday! No reply yet though!

I have no idea about any others though!

New Yorker definately

The EEN has an advertising board at ER, as do Ladbrokes IIRC.

Obviously we also have Whyte & Mackay, Le Coq Sportif and Carling are also an official beer sponsor.

T Homewood Flooring also sponsors our shorts.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Chaplin's Discos. Canny beleive their still going!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    http://www.vittoriarestaurant.com

http://www.la-favorita.com

Both owned by Tony Crolla who's advertised at Easter Road for as long as I can remember !

Left by mutual consent!
    Reet,

What are you organising and for what organistation?

Reet,

Cafe Truva- 77 the Shore
    Victoria Park Hotel - http://www.vphotel.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    What are you organising and for what organistation?
    Well believe it or not i'm organising the British Table Soccer Championships, pretty much the biggest tournament in Britain and we're expecting a fair European contingent over, in the past had players from Italy, Malta, Canada, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Germany, Norway as well as the home nations. Having it at ER will hopefully get some of these foreign guys buying Hibs stuff!!

Anyway after a few years of using crappy venues like schools sports halls I thought it was time for somewhere a bit classier! Being a Hibby, organising at Easter Road was always going to be first choice. However they are charging a lot more than we're used to paying for venues so pretty much the only way we're going to cover the costs is to get some sort of sponsor. The entrants pay and entry fee which covers some costs but it wont cover everything this year!

I'm organising it on behalf of the Scottish Sports Table Football Association (SSTFA).

We nearly always get a fair bit of media coverage due the novelty factor of this event and with it being a football related event at a football stadium hopefully will also get the publicity. I was even on the 6 o'clock news a few years ago because of this game! THis is something i'm going to try sell to sponsors! Also want people to realise this game still gets played and hopefully attract some new players, thats the main aim really!

Anyway, thanks for the help so far and keep those ideas and names coming in!!!

BTW when I say Table Soccer I dont mean Foosball, more a Subbuteo type game (or sport, depending on how seriously you take it!) ...

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Is it BMI . The one that says fly direct from Easter Road to the Big Apple
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

First Team Regular joejoefaemexico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    im pretty sure Peffer Paint have a sponsorship at easter road

Phone willie mcewan at mcewan decor. great lad and a great hibby. 0131 652 0000

i suppose the fact that none of us can name many of the advertisers suggests that these ads dont work...

Quote Originally Posted by wazoo1875 View Post
    Is it BMI . The one that says fly direct from Easter Road to the Big Apple
    Continental

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    Leith funeral service, but i dunno if they'd get into the whole table football thing...

Reet,

You have a PM

Scott Copolla - Electrical supplies, also very generous in helping people out.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    the chippy on northfield broadway, cant remember the name though

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by livi_hibee View Post
    the chippy on northfield broadway, cant remember the name though
    Yeah, Giovanni's.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Yeah, Giovanni's.
    thats the one, the guy has juventus posters all over the wall

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Just show's you how interesting the football is at ER when people can reel off the names of the advertisers
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Just want to say "thanks guys" for all the positive responses. WIll be sure to "explore all the channels" if necessary.

Actually had a couple of positive queries from folk on this board big thanks to them too and hopefully something can come of that.

Cheers again and feel free to turn up and watch or even play at ER in January come tournament time!

Ta,
    MB

Left by mutual consent!
    Giovannis chippy at northfield broadway in between the scotties and broadfields

Again, just want to say Thanks for all the folk who replied to this thread.

Through the suggestions given we got a couple of positive bits of feedback which have resulted in a bit of sponsorship for us at Easter Road.

HeriotAV were the first to come on board. If anyone knows Rabland from this forum, thats his company.

Secondly, La Favorita, which is owned by Vittoria's owner, Tony Crolla, agreed to sponsor us as well.

Its brilliant news really.

No-one is probably that interested but I thought i'd post thanking everyone here who helped and made suggestions.

The tournament is in January at Easter Road in the Forthview Suite in the FF Stand and is open and free for anyone wishing to come along and watch. We'll also have a few demonstration tables where folk can try the game for themselves.

The unfinished, quickly knocked up website can be found at www.edinburghgp.110mb.com

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Well believe it or not i'm organising the British Table Soccer Championships, pretty much the biggest tournament in Britain and we're expecting a fair European contingent over, in the past had players from Italy, Malta, Canada, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Germany, Norway as well as the home nations. Having it at ER will hopefully get some of these foreign guys buying Hibs stuff!!

Anyway after a few years of using crappy venues like schools sports halls I thought it was time for somewhere a bit classier! Being a Hibby, organising at Easter Road was always going to be first choice. However they are charging a lot more than we're used to paying for venues so pretty much the only way we're going to cover the costs is to get some sort of sponsor. The entrants pay and entry fee which covers some costs but it wont cover everything this year!

I'm organising it on behalf of the Scottish Sports Table Football Association (SSTFA).

We nearly always get a fair bit of media coverage due the novelty factor of this event and with it being a football related event at a football stadium hopefully will also get the publicity. I was even on the 6 o'clock news a few years ago because of this game! THis is something i'm going to try sell to sponsors! Also want people to realise this game still gets played and hopefully attract some new players, thats the main aim really!

Anyway, thanks for the help so far and keep those ideas and names coming in!!!

BTW when I say Table Soccer I dont mean Foosball, more a Subbuteo type game (or sport, depending on how seriously you take it!) ...
    A wee look at your Avatar should give folk an idea of what you mean MB2.

Have you started your Monday night games at the Northern Bowling club yet?
    I believe everyone is welcome to come along and try their hand at this.
    There must be PLENTY guys on this board who used to play Subbuteo as a bairn and who might want to try it again, and maybe even 'play' at Easter Road in January (might even give it a go myself )

Quote Originally Posted by RubyHibee View Post
    New Yorker definately
    don't think they would just now bud- since they have been taken over on lease by Riley's the company has been making cut backs all over the place..

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    There's a Coca Cola poster with their logo changed to green.

This old chestnut...

Guys,

I hate to "bump" this back up, well I dont really but i'm just wondering if anyone has any further ideas on who now advertises at Easter Road? Any newbies I could try...?

Our tournament last year had about 70 folk from all over Europe and went down a storm. Folk were popping up all over the place with tops and tracksuits from the Club shop, i'd imagine they took a pretty penny on the saturday!

This years tournament is in March, 27th & 28th to be exact and we're probably needing another sponsor to make sure this goes off as planned.

The folk who run the facilities at ER have actually increased the cost of the venue (along with extra VAT) despite the fact they made a lot more money than they thought they were going to take. The only reason they made so much extra cash was down to me btw and what i advised them to provide in terms of food!

Anyhoo, looking for any ideas again of who may be approachable, last year we got onto the BBC Scotland 6.30 news and pretty sure we can manage that again, if not BBC then STV or Sky Sports News. The novelty factor always gets us good interest! Here is the clip from last year, really embarrassing it is but still, good banter, if only we'd thought about trying to get shirt sponsors on our tops... It was done the friday before the tournament when we were setting up, its a shame they couldnt have come over the weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7848499.stm -
    Last edited by sambajustice; 06-01-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Guys,

I hate to "bump" this back up, well I dont really but i'm just wondering if anyone has any further ideas on who now advertises at Easter Road? Any newbies I could try...?

Our tournament last year had about 70 folk from all over Europe and went down a storm. Folk were popping up all over the place with tops and tracksuits from the Club shop, i'd imagine they took a pretty penny on the saturday!

This years tournament is in March, 27th & 28th to be exact and we're probably needing another sponsor to make sure this goes off as planned.

The folk who run the facilities at ER have actually increased the cost of the venue (along with extra VAT) despite the fact they made a lot more money than they thought they were going to take. The only reason they made so much extra cash was down to me btw and what i advised them to provide in terms of food!

Anyhoo, looking for any ideas again of who may be approachable, last year we got onto the BBC Scotland 6.30 news and pretty sure we can manage that again, if not BBC then STV or Sky Sports News. The novelty factor always gets us good interest! Here is the clip from last year, really embarrassing it is but still, good banter, if only we'd thought about trying to get shirt sponsors on our tops... It was done the friday before the tournament when we were setting up, its a shame they couldnt have come over the weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7848499.stm -
    Why dont you pop down tae the game on Sat & take a bit of time to note down some of the places ..if you aint going down ask a friend to do it ..