hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Consultation on the East Stand

Posters were up around the ET today that Hibs will be consulting fans on the new ET. I can't remember the exact details but it said to keep an eye on the official site from the 10th April (I think).

Putting aside folks thoughts on what the new stand should be, plenty of threads about that, what form do you think the consultation will/should take?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Posters were up around the ET today that Hibs will be consulting fans on the new ET. I can't remember the exact details but it said to keep an eye on the official site from the 10th April (I think).

Putting aside folks thoughts on what the new stand should be, plenty of threads about that, what form do you think the consultation will/should take?
    An online survey, mail drop a survey to all ST ticket holders, forums or all three?

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post

Yep saw the posters as well,Not sure bout the deatils but it will go on hibs.co.uk and on april the 10th

I also believe the poster said it will only be the East ST holders that get consultation which should defo be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    I also believe the poster said it will only be the East ST holders that get consultation which should defo be the case.
    Why?

The East Stand will be part of the stadium used by any/all hibs supporters who choose to go there.

I currently sit in the West but had a season ticket in the East for about 15 years yet I have no say?

Have a word with yourself !!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Why?

The East Stand will be part of the stadium used by any/all hibs supporters who choose to go there.

I currently sit in the West but had a season ticket in the East for about 15 years yet I have no say?

i agree, although i have one for the west just now who says when the east is built i dont have a say. i might want to move there when its all done

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Why?

Because it doesn't directly affact you but it will with us. I wouldn't expect Hibs to consult me with anything regarding the West.
    Jusy my opinion mind...

I reckon ALL registered Hibs fans (on Hibs database) should be consulted! Not just the Eastenders....

BH.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Because it doesn't directly affact you but it will with us. I wouldn't expect Hibs to consult me with anything regarding the West.
    Jusy my opinion mind...

the people in the east stand arent any diffrent or a seperate set of supporters than from us in the rest of the ground. This seems to be a bit of a mentality growing.

why wouldnt hibs consult you on the west. if you are a season ticket holder surely your entitled to a say
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 05-04-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Elitist rubbish! You East Stand guys think you're a cut above
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    Jusy my opinion mind...
    My son sits in the east, and my daughter and myself sit in the west. We may wish to all sit together again when the east is built.

Should I send my request direct to you or to Hibernian FC to whom I pay my cash?

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    Well done to the board for fulfilling their promise

Every hibs supporter deserves to have a say and I would rather see some sort of fans forum where people can really express their thoughts as well as an internet survey.

well if the consultation requires a select group of supporters then I am sure the club will end up picking the same faces that usually get on these type of things

With regards to only the east st's holders who will have there say ,i agree with one of the above posters who sya every fan on the hibs database should get a say.As a st' holder in the east i would have no problem with ANY hibs fan having a say with reagards to a new east stand.I feel as a hibs fan we all want the best for our club.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post
    With regards to only the east st's holders who will have there say ,i agree with one of the above posters who sya every fan on the hibs database should get a say.As a st' holder in the east i would have no problem with ANY hibs fan having a say with reagards to a new east stand.I feel as a hibs fan we all want the best for our club.
    Seems reasonable to me.. the east stand st holders have to sit in it, the west stand st holders have to look at it
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post
    Seems reasonable to me.. the east stand st holders have to sit in it, the west stand st holders have to look at it
    funny but sadly true

The posters said nothing at all about the consultaton involving only ES season ticket holders so a few people need to unknit their knickers.

All it said was there would be a consultation. That was it. No conspiracy.

But my vote is for any structure that allows me to stand

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post
    numerous people on the database arent hibs fans though, they can be huns or celtc fans who want home end tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by AardvarkHibs View Post
    But my vote is for any structure that allows me to stand
    How about a concrete block running the length of the pitch in which we could put all you east enders ankle deep (whilst the cement is still wet of course)
    That way you can all stand, sway and sing to your hearts content without falling over.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by ...WentToMowAnSPL View Post

Think you'll be surprised at the amount of ex-east standers that would go back to the east once it is re-built.

Many of us left for a variety of reasons, mainly, view, comfort, facilities or to get away from the odd nutjob. Most if not all of us miss not being in the main singing area of the stadium and wouldn't hesitate to get a season ticket back there.

I reckon if you have "ever" had a season ticket or bought a ticket for the East then you should have a say. Shouldn't be difficult for Hibs to produce a database of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    well if the consultation requires a select group of supporters then I am sure the club will end up picking the same faces that usually get on these type of things
    Yes, the same fans that are strangely unknown to every other fan...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    As long as it is an exact copy of the West then I would move back in.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonTurnbull View Post
    That is the problem though. It is because it is nothing like the west that I have a ST in there, and that might be the case for alot more people aswell. I think all Hibs fans should be consulted, but current terrace ST holders should be asked specifically WHY they choose the East instead of the more comfortable stands. I think it is possible to get the blend right, so everybody is happy, but imho, that is certainly NOT a carbon copy of the West, and I think a few others would agree.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueHibby View Post
    That is the problem though. It is because it is nothing like the west that I have a ST in there, and that might be the case for alot more people aswell. I think all Hibs fans should be consulted, but current terrace ST holders should be asked specifically WHY they choose the East instead of the more comfortable stands. I think it is possible to get the blend right, so everybody is happy, but imho, that is certainly NOT a carbon copy of the West, and I think a few others would agree.
    Same as the west but the bottom tier with the same kind of seating as it is now, no designated seat, a warning that to others that people may be standing in this area and a wall at back for pishing against.

I'm currently in the West and I'm hating it, from the lack of atmosphere to folk tutting when I arrive 30 seconds before the kick off cause they have to stand to let me past. But having two bairns with me I refuse to go to the East because of the facilites. East upper for me when it's built.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonTurnbull View Post
    May I ask why?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I am an ex East Stander who moved over to the West Upper.

The view from there is superb and the leg room is first class but I have to admit the atmosphere is not the same.

If Hibs could provide an area in the new East Stand where strong language would be tolerated and it was explained that children although welcome could add few more words to their vocabulary I would move there in a heart beat.

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't get too excited guys.
    All commonsense says that the overall shape of the stand will be a mirror of the west - best for stadium continuity, cheaper to replicate design, best for capacity. Glad the club will consult on other specifications.
    Hibs aint gonna be the only club of their standard in UK with standing facilities.
    In every other area of entertainment/ top level sport folk stopped standing in the 19th century.
    At the Rangers cup game at Ibrox had a lovely welcome from fellow supporters - idiots had taken our seats, we had to stand in the aisle, some moron already standing in the aisle told us to move cos he couldn't see. Am I really expected to buy a season ticket to look at some idiot's back when his commitment to our club is 'If i can't stand up I'm no supporting Hibs.'

Plain embarrassing.
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why should we have to listen on fans opinions in the other stands? They are in other stands for a reason so they would contribute negatively on how to improve the stand no?

Quote Originally Posted by Aubenas View Post
    Don't get too excited guys.
    All commonsense says that the overall shape of the stand will be a mirror of the west - best for stadium continuity, cheaper to replicate design, best for capacity. Glad the club will consult on other specifications.
    Hibs aint gonna be the only club of their standard in UK with standing facilities.
    In every other area of entertainment/ top level sport folk stopped standing in the 19th century.
    At the Rangers cup game at Ibrox had a lovely welcome from fellow supporters - idiots had taken our seats, we had to stand in the aisle, some moron already standing in the aisle told us to move cos he couldn't see. Am I really expected to buy a season ticket to look at some idiot's back when his commitment to our club is 'If i can't stand up I'm no supporting Hibs.'

Plain embarrassing.
    Aww you had to stand at the football for a whole 90 mins.
    Why didn't you tell the people in your seats to bugger off..? If it really bothered you that much.....

And your comments regarding having to look at my back (pressuming you meant me...) is nonsense, because it doesn't take rocket science to figure out not to buy a season ticket were fans have been standing for the last 15 years in seated areas if you yourself don't want to stand.

And its principle as I've said. I like watching football standing, and have watched the majority of my football standing for about a decade. You can choose to sit or stand at concerts. You can choose to sit or stand at the rugby and at cricket. You can choose to sit or stand at the Bundesliga, Seria A plus others, but in the SPL your forced to sit (Except the East) and I won't pay near £400 (ST+CC interest) to be dictated by the clubs and authorites. (Saying that I probably will, but just come on here and moan about it )
    Last edited by Antifa Hibs; 06-04-2008 at 11:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Aww you had to stand at the football for a whole 90 mins.
    Why didn't you tell the people in your seats to bugger off..? If it really bothered you that much.....

And your comments regarding having to look at my back (pressuming you meant me...) is nonsense, because it doesn't take rocket science to figure out not to buy a season ticket were fans have been standing for the last 15 years in seated areas if you yourself don't want to stand.

And its principle as I've said. I like watching football standing, and have watched the majority of my football standing for about a decade. You can choose to sit or stand at concerts. You can choose to sit or stand at the rugby and at cricket. You can choose to sit or stand at the Bundesliga, Seria A plus others, but in the SPL your forced to sit (Except the East) and I won't pay near £400 (ST+CC interest) to be dictated by the clubs and authorites. (Saying that I probably will, but just come on here and moan about it )
    Its all fine and well you wanting to stand, and I agree I do prefer to stand at the football, but there are people that can't stand for 90 mins, bairns and older folk. People shouldn't have to tell people to move out of their seat either, its no a hard concept of sitting in your allocated seat. Some people might feel too itimidated to ask people to move out their seat.