PDA

View Full Version : Travelling from the Highlands ??

HibsNibs
13-11-2007, 01:21 PM
I've recently relocated to the Inverness area and am finding it prohibitively expensive to travel down to ER for games I fancy attending. Train fares are a joke unless you book 3 years in advance and my old gas guzzler makes driving a no-no (I like a pint or two as well as part of the match day experience)

If any Heilan' Hibbies have any top tips for getting the cost down could you let me know (PM if it's :wink: type info) ?

Cheers.

Shetland_Hibby
13-11-2007, 03:35 PM
This might help until the end of January buddy.

http://www.firstgroup.com/scotrail/sainsburys/

HibsNibs
13-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Cheers - nearest Sainsburys to me is 93 miles away unfortunately

Shetland_Hibby
14-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Just do what I did and get someone to send you vouchers. Nearest Sainsbury's to me is over 200 miles away! I got someone in Edinburgh to post them to me. Got my train booked for Hampden on Saturday from Aberdeen! £15 return! :thumbsup:

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

Scottiedog007
14-11-2007, 10:39 AM
why not catch the megabus from inverness to edinburgh like i do myself for games in edinburgh works out at usually £9 return if you book in advance i myself travel from lossiemouth at least once a month and dont like to drive as you sometimes need a drink inside you to watch hibs !!!

HibsNibs
14-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Good suggestions but since when was Lossiemouth in Stafford ? :duck:

Scottiedog007
14-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Good suggestions but since when was Lossiemouth in Stafford ? :duck:

I am in the RAF and was in stafford when i registered on here !! but now live in lossiemouth hope that explains all

scott

HibsNibs
14-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Hope your not one of those Tornado jockeys that scares our cat half to death every day :greengrin

Toaods
14-11-2007, 08:30 PM
If you have a relative/neighbour who is a kid, you can book the train using a Family Railcard - doesn't have to be your kid (or family..!?!?).

You'll save quite a bit.

Moulin Yarns
15-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I've recently relocated to the Inverness area and am finding it prohibitively expensive to travel down to ER for games I fancy attending. Train fares are a joke unless you book 3 years in advance and my old gas guzzler makes driving a no-no (I like a pint or two as well as part of the match day experience)

If any Heilan' Hibbies have any top tips for getting the cost down could you let me know (PM if it's :wink: type info) ?

Cheers.

Where's Inverness Hibee or thischarmingman when you need them?

Or if you get to Pitlochry by 11 on Saturdays you can jump aboard the rocket. :wink:

thischarmingman
15-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Or if you get to Pitlochry by 11 on Saturdays you can jump aboard the rocket. :wink:
ive sent him a pm,so its sorted!
are you coming up here in december dave?we'll meet you for a pint if you are

HibsNibs
19-11-2007, 11:47 PM

Useful PM's received from both those worthies, thanks.

errr - 'jump aboard the rocket' ?:yikes!::worried::coffee: :cool2: