PDA

View Full Version : Hibs goal of the season so far

Donegal Hibby
24-03-2024, 06:59 PM
Still got some football to play yet though up to now what would be your goal of the season so far ? .🤔

Jones28
24-03-2024, 07:11 PM
Levitt v Celtic was a peach.

Heisenberg
24-03-2024, 07:14 PM
Newell vs Luzern for me. Screamer.

Cod Boy
24-03-2024, 07:20 PM
Le Fondre at Aberdeen

Smartie
24-03-2024, 07:28 PM

Vente's goal at home to Luzern for me. On the face of it it was a bit unspectacular but (having just watched it back) Newell's driving run was fantastic, the ball in from Stevenson great, the touch and spin from ALF was sublime then his cross perfect before Vente was in the right place to apply the finishing touch.

I just love a good team goal where several players play a part.

But ALF's assist is about as good as it gets.

Diclonius
24-03-2024, 07:37 PM

Can't think of a better one than that.

wookie70
24-03-2024, 07:39 PM
Jair at Dundee. Move started by Marshall and full of speed, intent and skill

B.H.F.C
24-03-2024, 07:41 PM
Jair at Dundee or Newell at Kilmarnock.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-03-2024, 09:03 PM
Maolida against Livi.

hibsmad
24-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Vente's goal at home to Luzern for me. On the face of it it was a bit unspectacular but (having just watched it back) Newell's driving run was fantastic, the ball in from Stevenson great, the touch and spin from ALF was sublime then his cross perfect before Vente was in the right place to apply the finishing touch.

This is goal of the season for me and it’s not even close to be honest.

I’m 43 and been going to Easter Road since I was five. Alf’s contribution for this goal makes it one of the best, if not the best, I’ve seen in that time.

Northernhibee
24-03-2024, 09:17 PM
A few belters already mentioned but Myziane’s against Dundee was beautiful from start to finish.

Chorley Hibee
24-03-2024, 09:58 PM
Might not have been the best goal as such, but I'm certain I'm still injured from celebrating Youan's goal in Lucerne.

A copious amount of drink in the Swiss sunshine may have played a part too.

B.H.F.C
24-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Might not have been the best goal as such, but I'm certain I'm still injured from celebrating Youan's goal in Lucerne.

A copious amount of drink in the Swiss sunshine may have played a part too.

I was going to suggest Boyle’s in that game. When they went 2-1 up and we’re piling forward I thought we were going to chuck it. Then that goal came out of nothing and I ended up about 5 rows away from where I was standing.

lyonhibs
25-03-2024, 04:18 AM
I was going to suggest Boyle’s in that game. When they went 2-1 up and we’re piling forward I thought we were going to chuck it. Then that goal came out of nothing and I ended up about 5 rows away from where I was standing.

I was in the wee side pod of Hibs fans and mercifully put my pint somewhere safe just before Youan crossed it because I was off running around like a lunatic 3 seconds later.

Great goal, Youan at his best.

McGruber
25-03-2024, 06:29 AM

Or Newell screamer v Killie - first time volley edge box.

Honorable mention to Lewis Stevenson for his peach v Raith in that testimonial game - highlights on youtube

Green Reaper
25-03-2024, 11:38 AM
Jair v Dundee for me

Donegal Hibby
25-03-2024, 12:00 PM
Maolida against Livi.

I can see why you've picked that one with the passing leading up to it though my favourite one that day was Alfie's in it was an excellent break , looked simple with very few passes though Caddens Ball to Youan and the cross was really good as was Alfie's finish too .

wookie70
25-03-2024, 12:05 PM
I can see why you've picked that one with the passing leading up to it though my favourite one that day was Alfie's in it was an excellent break , looked simple with very few passes though Caddens Ball to Youan and the cross was really good as was Alfie's finish too . Arguably that is our style of goal and the type of counter attacking that was really successful under Ross. We have also added the more patient type of build up since the new players arrived and stopped taking as many chances at the back passing for no real reason. I love fast football so ALFs goal against Dundee is also up there for me but t lacked some of teh flair that was involved with the Jair goal

adam middlemass
25-03-2024, 12:54 PM
U8

Have to agree, mine as well :aok: