PDA

View Full Version : NHC Huns v Man Utd "Friendly"

linlithgowhibbie
20-03-2024, 01:26 PM
Just seen that the Huns will be playing a friendly V Man Utd at Murrayfield on 20th July!

Just what Edinburgh needs,,,,, NOT.

Joe6-2
20-03-2024, 01:28 PM
Get them to F***

JimBHibees
20-03-2024, 02:07 PM
Just glad on holiday at the time. What could possibly go wrong with this?

Hibernian Verse
20-03-2024, 02:08 PM
Is this not the kind of game that Kensell should be trying to organise in Edinburgh for us rather than the Huns? A bit of a glamour friendly.

JimBHibees
20-03-2024, 02:09 PM
Of course we don't know what competition playing in at that time

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-03-2024, 02:18 PM
Jeezo, I have no words 😡👎

gbhibby
20-03-2024, 02:28 PM
Well that will be some Police summer holidays being cancelled.

Bristolhibby
20-03-2024, 02:52 PM
WTF is this all about?

Better make sure I don’t come up to Edinburgh that weekend.

J

BILLYHIBS
20-03-2024, 03:13 PM
Huns should play United in the Weedge

If they were playing in my back garden I would walk over and close the curtains

gbhibby
20-03-2024, 03:25 PM

If they were playing in my back garden I would walk over and close the curtains

I would turn my hose on them

Pagan Hibernia
20-03-2024, 03:29 PM
Glad it's happening on the hearts side of town and not ours

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2024, 03:40 PM
Just another money making glamour friendly that thousands of kids will enjoy getting to see Manure play in Scotland.

Jones28
20-03-2024, 03:51 PM
Just another money making glamour friendly that thousands of kids will enjoy getting to see Manure play in Scotland.

There will be 30,000 Rangers fans in Edinburgh, it will be awful and definitely not a kid-friendly game.

Smartie
20-03-2024, 03:52 PM
Whose f'ing idea was this?

It's going to be carnage.

Glad I never managed to do well enough in life to be able to afford a house in Murrayfield.

Kato
20-03-2024, 03:55 PM

If they were playing in my back garden I would walk over and close the curtainsI'd close the curtains after boarding up the windaes.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Highwayman
20-03-2024, 03:57 PM
Will the usual “penalty for the huns”be a requirement in the referees contract.

Bostonhibby
20-03-2024, 04:02 PM
Crazy decision, no doubt someones making money but the huns do like to desecrate any city they are guests in.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

gbhibby
20-03-2024, 04:24 PM
Crazy decision, no doubt someones making money but the huns do like to desecrate any city they are guests in.

Who pays for the broken seats Man utd or The Rangers.

Pagan Hibernia
20-03-2024, 04:26 PM

Including Manchester of course. I was working and living there in 2008 during their wee visit. Place stunk of pish for days after

Bostonhibby
20-03-2024, 04:30 PM
Who pays for the broken seats Man utd or The Rangers.Our media will quickly name and shame those pesky west of scotland FC supporters and their close allies Scottish cup supporters FC. You know the ones who invaded the pitch from the huns end when Hibs hammered them in their first Scottish cup final.

DIXIHIBS
20-03-2024, 04:30 PM

Glad I never managed to do well enough in life to be able to afford a house in Murrayfield.

It will be carnage. Tens of thousands piling into Edinburgh in the middle of tourist season. Seriously bad move imho.

Diclonius
20-03-2024, 04:31 PM
**** off, get this to ****

LaMotta
20-03-2024, 04:35 PM
FFS

SRU in a bit of money trouble just now so they will be taking any opportunity they can to get some dough.

Not In The Know
20-03-2024, 04:47 PM
likely to be the largest rangers support ever in Scotland outside of Glasgow. Deary me... I'd be selling up and moving if I lived in EH12! the place will be wrecked.

Frazerbob
20-03-2024, 04:47 PM
Is this not the kind of game that Kensell should be trying to organise in Edinburgh for us rather than the Huns? A bit of a glamour friendly.

Some company announces Man U v Rangers at Murrayfield and you manage to turn that into Kensell baiting. Tremendous effort :not worth

Since90+2
20-03-2024, 04:51 PM
As someone who stays about a 5 minute walk from Murrayfield this has literally ruined my day. Absolutely ridiculous to have this game in Edinburgh.

Why not just play it at Hampden?

Edit - does anyone know what the kick off time is? Better not be a night game.

Since90+2
20-03-2024, 04:58 PM
It will be carnage. Tens of thousands piling into Edinburgh in the middle of tourist season. Seriously bad move imho.

They'll be about 50,000 of them, Murrayfield holds nearly 70,000.

Bridge hibs
20-03-2024, 05:04 PM
Wonder if they will have half and half scarves

Baader
20-03-2024, 05:05 PM
Who arranged this? Absolute disaster of an idea.

Keep those knuckledraggers in Glasgow surely? Would be staying away from central Edinburgh that day, it'll be carnage.

Pagan Hibernia
20-03-2024, 05:09 PM

Can't see it. Those two hate each other going back to the 70s

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-03-2024, 05:09 PM
The windowless rooms of Tynecastle will need fumigated after that.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2024, 05:11 PM
Did Man Utd not play at Murrayfield last summer too?

Since90+2
20-03-2024, 05:15 PM
Man Utd have a massive travelling support and Mancunians are not known for being shy and retiring types. I don't think either fanbase is particularly fond of the other either. They are well into their "republic of Mancunia" chat, so are one of the least "British" clubs down south.

Depends how they view the game I suppose but if they decide to bring big numbers it's got the potential for bother.

Frazerbob
20-03-2024, 05:15 PM
Can't see it. Those two hate each other going back to the 70s

You get half & half scarves at Man U v Man City or Liverpool v Man U games. 100% they'll be selling them at this.

zitelli62
20-03-2024, 05:27 PM
As someone who stays about a 5 minute walk from Murrayfield this has literally ruined my day. Absolutely ridiculous to have this game in Edinburgh.

Why not just play it at Hampden?

Edit - does anyone know what the kick off time is? Better not be a night game.

I believe its 4pm .

Bostonhibby
20-03-2024, 05:29 PM
Can't see it. Those two hate each other going back to the 70sHalf & half hats?

Designed specifically for huns, half a hat for half a brain..

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2024, 05:41 PM
Certainly a bizarre and potentially hazardous location.

Up-the-slope
20-03-2024, 05:57 PM
This will be a great advert for Scotland's Capital :rolleyes:...

Are the SRU hoping this pays for upgrades to their seats and toilets :confused: Trams will need avoiding as will most of West central Edinburgh...

Does make a mockery of not using Murrayfield for real games like Cup final with them... this will have to be sanctioned by both associations so is it a bit of sucking up to The Rangers

degenerated
20-03-2024, 05:58 PM
Is this not the kind of game that Kensell should be trying to organise in Edinburgh for us rather than the Huns? A bit of a glamour friendly.To be fair, I'm not sure Kensell organised this for the Huns :greengrin

Donegal Hibby
20-03-2024, 06:03 PM
Match officials ...
. Brother Beaton .
. Nick walsh .
. Steve McLean .

. Only joking 😄.

Two teams that expect decisions and penalties to go their way no matter what .
Personally I hope they kick one another silly during the game .

lugz
20-03-2024, 06:31 PM
I presume Man United have some sort of deal with the SRU to play there annually. Absolute disgrace that they've over looked the two teams who play in Edinburgh for the **** from the west.

Thankfully stay outside Edinburgh so won't impact me at all on the day.

The Spaceman
20-03-2024, 06:42 PM
They wouldn’t in a million years play a Scottish Cup Semi or Final at Murrayfield, but they’ll gladly come through for a truly shan friendly against a C-team (week after the Euros) Man Utd side. Pathetic from all parties concerned.

Billy Whizz
20-03-2024, 07:33 PM
I presume Man United have some sort of deal with the SRU to play there annually. Absolute disgrace that they've over looked the two teams who play in Edinburgh for the **** from the west.

Thankfully stay outside Edinburgh so won't impact me at all on the day.

Hopefully we are in Europe and not playing in the League cup that day in Edinburgh

GreenCastle
20-03-2024, 07:35 PM
Wonder if there will be segregation - some of these friendlies it’s just a free for all.

Either way this is the only good thing about Hampden being in Glasgow - folk in Edinburgh don’t have to deal with the bigots more often.

Shame for the local residents and those who have to deal with them on the day.

tamig
20-03-2024, 07:40 PM

I suspect “Kensell” had no role in arranging this game. As someone else mentioned, a bit of non-Hibs news is still an opportunity to bash our CEO. Nice one 🙄

Lancs Harp
20-03-2024, 07:40 PM
Including Manchester of course. I was working and living there in 2008 during their wee visit. Place stunk of pish for days after

Still does mate the stench seeped into cheshire Lancashire and West Yorkshire. If the wind is in the right direction we get the odd Hun wiff in Chesterfield. Its bent our church spire.

Joe6-2
20-03-2024, 07:52 PM
Said it once, will say it again, get this to f***

Phil MaGlass
20-03-2024, 08:39 PM
This is the ideal opportunity for hooligans from all over Scotland to come to Edinburgh and get stuck in to these animals I'm afraid. It could also be a good time for Hibs to arrange a wee friendly against hertz at tynie or a game against Aberdeen at ER.

neil7908
20-03-2024, 11:11 PM
Why would they not play this at Ibrox? Totally bizarre.

cabbageandribs1875
20-03-2024, 11:17 PM

refurbishments

ErinGoBraghHFC
21-03-2024, 12:17 AM
Match officials ...
. Brother Beaton .
. Nick walsh .
. Steve McLean .

. Only joking [emoji1].

Two teams that expect decisions and penalties to go their way no matter what .
Personally I hope they kick one another silly during the game .

Steady, DH[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
21-03-2024, 12:39 AM
The windowless rooms of Tynecastle will need fumigated after that.

There isn't a cleaning agent on the planet powerful enough for that task.

andrew70
21-03-2024, 01:23 AM
There will be riots in Edinburgh that day. No doubt be an orange March too.

There’s no love lost between United and Rangers.

heretoday
21-03-2024, 02:42 AM

Corstorphinites are being issued with them as a precaution.

Smartie
21-03-2024, 06:52 AM

I heard that Rangers owe the organisers a few favours for having pulled out of that friendly in Australia a few years back - and they’re having to take part in a few events in exchange for avoiding expensive legal action.

So whilst it could go ahead at Ibrox, that would be a rangers home game and miss the point of the exercise a bit.

Might be rubbish, just something I heard when discussing it last night.

Lancs Harp
21-03-2024, 07:02 AM
I heard that Rangers owe the organisers a few favours for having pulled out of that friendly in Australia a few years back - and they’re having to take part in a few events in exchange for avoiding expensive legal action.

So whilst it could go ahead at Ibrox, that would be a rangers home game and miss the point of the exercise a bit.

Might be rubbish, just something I heard when discussing it last night.

Theres some sort of refrub going on at Ibrox in the summer. Rangers arent playing any pre season games there because of it.

Bostonhibby
21-03-2024, 07:21 AM
Theres some sort of refrub going on at Ibrox in the summer. Rangers arent playing any pre season games there because of it.Painting the grass blue and having a couple of extra penalty spots installed I heard.

heretoday
21-03-2024, 07:37 AM
There will be riots in Edinburgh that day. No doubt be an orange March too.

There’s no love lost between United and Rangers.

Bigots v Cokeheads for the Neanderthal trophy.

MKHIBEE
21-03-2024, 07:44 AM
Painting the grass blue and having a couple of extra penalty spots installed I heard.

The original ones must be worn out with all the use they get

Bostonhibby
21-03-2024, 07:52 AM
The original ones must be worn out with all the use they getTheyve got plenty spare ones in reserve. They don't work in Europe though.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2024, 08:23 AM
The gimps wont be worried their hotel might get it's windows put in if there's trouble.

BILLYHIBS
21-03-2024, 08:29 AM
A day to get out of Edinburgh

greenginger
21-03-2024, 11:13 AM
Most of the police nowadays are young and haven't really witnessed full scale football violence.

I'm not sure how they can really segregate two sets of fans both travelling from outside of Edinburgh into the same train stations.

Exhibition games at Murrayfield, fine. But not featuring Rangers and Celtic.

Maybe time for a trial run of strict liability for clubs and match organisers.

EGL2000
21-03-2024, 11:26 AM
Will there be that much bother? Obviously with rangers that comes without saying but surely united don't have that many fans that will cause much bother. I would imagine at least 50% of them will be "tourist" fans who don't bother to or can't get to old Trafford and just go to see united?

Carheenlea
21-03-2024, 11:29 AM
A few years ago I was in Galway visiting in laws, and got myself a ticket for Celtic v Barcelona at the Aviva which was part of the summer glamour friendly programme.

The main reason of going was to say I’d seen that celebrated Barcelona side and it was a pity that it had to be Celtic providing the opposition but it was a day out to Dublin. Was mostly Celtic fans, a lot of Scots making a trip of it, a few Barcelona fans and a lot of neutrals like myself. Passed peacefully enough, just Celtic fans being Celtic fans drinking heavily and singing their back catalogue of traditional tunes. Atmosphere was lame at stadium with the bounce game nature and a result that had no consequence meant everyone just trooped back into town after.

I wouldn’t go to one of those friendlies where Rangers are one of the sides. Nor would I be tempted to take kids along to see Manchester United if the opposition is Rangers.

I’m no fan of Celtic, but at least in Dublin in their company was civil and friendly when they knew who you supported. Would be lucky to last 5 mins in a similar environment with Rangers before someone took a swing at you.

Quite why Rangers are getting invited to participate in such events is baffling. I think the organisers just see pound signs and have no grasp of the baggage that that lot bring with them.
Thankfully I’ll be nowhere near. Murrayfield that day.

Billy Whizz
21-03-2024, 11:30 AM
There was just over 48,000 at the match at Murrayfield last July v Olympic Lyon
You’d think much more with The Rangers in town
Glasgow Fair too, they’ll probably make a holiday of it😞

Bostonhibby
21-03-2024, 11:31 AM
The gimps wont be worried their hotel might get it's windows put in if there's trouble.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Having some windows put in might be an excellent idea.

Then they can really see the castle view/school roof.

Not In The Know
21-03-2024, 11:33 AM
Will there be that much bother? Obviously with rangers that comes without saying but surely united don't have that many fans that will cause much bother. I would imagine at least 50% of them will be "tourist" fans who don't bother to or can't get to old Trafford and just go to see united?

I reckon there will be minimal bother. The carnage they leave in their wake would be the main concern. 3.4k on Easter Road pre match is bad enough, piss, Bucky, litter etc

stuart-farquhar
21-03-2024, 11:39 AM
There was just over £48,000 at the match at Murrayfield last July v Olympic Lyon
You’d think much more with The Rangers in town
Glasgow Fair too, they’ll probably make a holiday of it��

Probably issue an order to march to Murrayfield.

Billy Whizz
21-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Probably issue an order to march to Murrayfield.

Meant 48,000 not £48,000

gbhibby
21-03-2024, 12:11 PM
When Celtic played their European matches at Murrayfield it was nightmare. The traffic was gridlocked on the M8 at Newbridge and at Hermiston Gate. Spoke to a few who did not get to the game until half time took more than an hour to get in from Newbridge. Hope the same traffic delays happen to the huns.

Bostonhibby
21-03-2024, 12:24 PM
When Celtic played their European matches at Murrayfield it was nightmare. The traffic was gridlocked on the M8 at Newbridge and at Hermiston Gate. Spoke to a few who did not get to the game until half time took more than an hour to get in from Newbridge. Hope the same traffic delays happen to the huns.I'd settle for a full scale day of the Triffids type takeover of the M8 west for a couple of hours that day.
Triffids v Orcs? Only one winner.

gbhibby
21-03-2024, 12:42 PM
I'd settle for a full scale day of the Triffids type takeover of the M8 west for a couple of hours that day.
Triffids v Orcs? Only one winner.

Could do a just stop oil demo that day.😙😙

Mcbizz1998
21-03-2024, 12:59 PM
This is a day to shore up in a Leith pub and await the news coming from Gorgie. How and to what degree, have the Hons brought shame on Scotland this time?!

Bostonhibby
21-03-2024, 01:13 PM
Could do a just stop oil demo that day.[emoji11][emoji11]Slime?

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-03-2024, 01:49 PM
Painting the grass blue and having a couple of extra penalty spots installed I heard.

Don't forget the masonic lodge

Bostonhibby
21-03-2024, 02:40 PM
Don't forget the masonic lodgeFar too many of them already,surely.

Renfrew_Hibby
21-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Theres some sort of refrub going on at Ibrox in the summer. Rangers arent playing any pre season games there because of it.

Reconstructing the Copeland Rd end. Safe standing, a new disabled section and an overall increase in capacity of around 600 by extending the upper tier to overhang the lower tier. Or something like that!

gbhibby
21-03-2024, 04:10 PM
Reconstructing the Copeland Rd end. Safe standing, a new disabled section and an overall increase in capacity of around 600 by extending the upper tier to overhang the lower tier. Or something like that!

Might give Hearts some ideas extending the upper tier to overhang the lower tier, silly me they only have one tier in their stadium.😁

silverhibee
21-03-2024, 04:46 PM

It’s not just the rich in Murrayfield that are affected, they get there roads closed & coned off, I’m 2 minutes walk from the stadium and it will be carnage, no roads or streets closed or coned off where I am and I’m closer to Murrayfield and Mr Murray’s house on the hill, someone mentioned it would be a great day out for kids to see Man Utd but who is going to take there kids to a game like that with the huns playing, let’s just hope the police can deal with this amount of drunk folk in Edinburgh for a game of football.

silverhibee
21-03-2024, 04:48 PM

Why did the police allow this to happen, they will lose control of Edinburgh for the day and night.

silverhibee
21-03-2024, 04:55 PM
likely to be the largest rangers support ever in Scotland outside of Glasgow. Deary me... I'd be selling up and moving if I lived in EH12! the place will be wrecked.

I moved to EH12 area a few years back and it’s a problem with the parking when the rugby is on but never any bother, this summer we have the huns who will run riot in the city and Man Utd fans will be up for it as well, and you will also see an outing for the CCS who will come out of retirement :greengrin and the ultras will be up for some bother as well.

Then a whole weekend of Swifties drinking and pishing in the street, happy days.

ErinGoBraghHFC
21-03-2024, 04:55 PM
I’ll try and get a ticket, not been to OT in a wee while and it’ll be nice to see the Huns get a skelping. Not one for kids though I wouldn’t think.

gbhibby
21-03-2024, 05:00 PM
I’ll try and get a ticket, not been to OT in a wee while and it’ll be nice to see the Huns get a skelping. Not one for kids though I wouldn’t think.

Ticket prices at the moment £65 to £70. Wouldn't pay that to watch Man Utd first team let alone their reserves as it was last year.

Bostonhibby
21-03-2024, 05:48 PM
Why did the police allow this to happen, they will lose control of Edinburgh for the day and night.A nice bit of overtime and another shift standing about watching football/ the huns while not doing very much about enforcing the law?

Jones28
21-03-2024, 05:57 PM
Ticket prices at the moment £65 to £70. Wouldn't pay that to watch Man Utd first team let alone their reserves as it was last year.

Pffft.

I don’t think I’d pay that to watch Hibs play in a friendly, regardless of who it was against.

How much were the tickets for the Barcelona nonsense?

hibsboy07
21-03-2024, 07:03 PM
I'm surprised this game has been given the go ahead considering the trouble both sets of fans will cause.

JimBHibees
21-03-2024, 08:58 PM
Why did the police allow this to happen, they will lose control of Edinburgh for the day and night.

An odd one agree

gbhibby
22-03-2024, 10:04 AM
Some tickets are £95 in main stand, mair money than sense if you pay that to watch this game.

Haymaker
22-03-2024, 11:46 AM
Some tickets are £95 in main stand, mair money than sense if you pay that to watch this game.That's ridiculous but for some reason becoming a regular thing - some of the pre season prices in the US games are utterly mind-boggling! It's a preseason FRIENDLY! Half a team of youngsters and everyone else just going through the motions.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk

mcohibs
22-03-2024, 12:02 PM
70 quid to sit in a stadium full of orcs, listening to 90 minutes of bile and watch Man Utd reserves 😂😂 Any non-Sevco fan who buys tickets for this is aff their heid.

greenginger
22-03-2024, 12:30 PM
I wonder if they will shut all the roads around Murrayfield before and after the game like they do for Rugby internationals.

Just_Jimmy
22-03-2024, 12:51 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI looked this morning as I've not been since I moved back from Manchester.

£70 plus booking fee and £35 plus fee for kids.

They can both ram it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Since90+2
22-03-2024, 01:54 PM
I wonder if they will shut all the roads around Murrayfield before and after the game like they do for Rugby internationals.

They obviously will, you can't allow traffic to flow through 70,000 odd people.

He's here!
22-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Pretty sure Man U pulled in around 50k at Murrayfield last year for the friendly against Lyon (?) so this will likely sell out, but it seems a very odd fixture to stage in Edinburgh.

Posh Swanny
22-03-2024, 02:10 PM
Pretty sure Man U pulled in around 50k at Murrayfield last year for the friendly against Lyon (?) so this will likely sell out, but it seems a very odd fixture to stage in Edinburgh.

I took my lad last year and it was great. Plenty of first teamers (and Will Fish!) on show and a lovely friendly family atmosphere. Expensive, but a one off.

I've not seen the ticketing arrangements for this one but it has the potential to put a lot of kids and families off for life if they turn up expecting the same vibe as last year.

Alfred E Newman
22-03-2024, 02:19 PM

Allowing this fixture to be played in Edinburgh is an insult to both Hearts and Hibs.

DH1875
22-03-2024, 03:14 PM
Did Liverpool not play Napoli at Murryfield recently as well? The promoter has either got this really wrong or really right. Families might think twice before taking their kids to see Utd because it rangers but then, it'll sell out unlike last year because rangers fans will buy the tickets which inturn will put more neutrals off, meaning more tickets for rangers fans. There is gonna have to be segregation so how they policing that in neutral sections.

SteveHFC
22-03-2024, 03:21 PM
Did Liverpool not play Napoli at Murryfield recently as well? The promoter has either got this really wrong or really right. Families might think twice before taking their kids to see Utd because it rangers but then, it'll sell out unlike last year because rangers fans will buy the tickets which inturn will put more neutrals off, meaning more tickets for rangers fans. There is gonna have to be segregation so how they policing that in neutral sections.

Went to the Liverpool-Napoli game. Napoli were worth the ticket price alone.

He's here!
22-03-2024, 03:25 PM
I took my lad last year and it was great. Plenty of first teamers (and Will Fish!) on show and a lovely friendly family atmosphere. Expensive, but a one off.

I've not seen the ticketing arrangements for this one but it has the potential to put a lot of kids and families off for life if they turn up expecting the same vibe as last year.

Yeh, a colleague of mine took her kids as I think they won tickets. She said it was a great family vibe too, but as you say the picture changes when it's Rangers

Keith_M
22-03-2024, 03:48 PM
This seems like such an obvious question but.... why aren't they playing this at Ibrox?

Since90+2
22-03-2024, 03:50 PM
This seems like such an obvious question but.... why aren't they playing this at Ibrox?

Getting work done on it. Probably installing a top of the range hospitality suite for VAR officials.

Billy Whizz
22-03-2024, 03:51 PM
Getting work done on it. Probably installing a top of the range hospitality suite for VAR officials.

🤣🤣🤣

Smartie
22-03-2024, 03:55 PM
Allowing this fixture to be played in Edinburgh is an insult to both Hearts and Hibs.

Allowing this fixture to be played in Edinburgh is an insult to everyone who lives in Edinburgh.

Keith_M
22-03-2024, 04:02 PM

Makes sense :greengrin

gbhibby
22-03-2024, 04:50 PM
Getting work done on it. Probably installing a top of the range hospitality suite for VAR officials.😁😁😁😆

So the officials are no happy with the Louden Bar set up.

Glory Lurker
22-03-2024, 05:42 PM
I think the risk of the two sets of fans fighting has receded now that, instead, they can share their common anger about the desecration of the England shirt with that flag effort.

gbhibby
22-03-2024, 06:04 PM
I think the risk of the two sets of fans fighting has receded now that, instead, they can share their common anger about the desecration of the England shirt with that flag effort.

Rangers fans burning their England tops in protest.

Carheenlea
22-03-2024, 09:08 PM
A great bunch of lads!

https://x.com/macgmairtin/status/1771229016596320568?s=61

silverhibee
22-03-2024, 09:22 PM
Rangers fans burning their England tops in protest.

With the tops on. :cb

gbhibby
22-03-2024, 10:20 PM
A great bunch of lads!

Must be the ipox bar near the Bouganville playa Hotel. What a bunch of inbreds imagine a grown man and woman wearing a full football kit on holiday

erin go bragh
23-03-2024, 05:24 PM
A great bunch of lads!

Seen loads of Rangers boozers on my travels and not one has been entered and never will.
same songs the Orcs sing at every game they play but the SFA just turn a blind eye.
Maybe if they started deducting them points for the sectarian songs, it might stop them signing at games.

Hibernia&Alba
23-03-2024, 07:12 PM
A friendly between those two is an oxymoron. Nae love lost.

Carheenlea
23-03-2024, 07:26 PM
Seen loads of Rangers boozers on my travels and not one has been entered and never will.
same songs the Orcs sing at every game they play but the SFA just turn a blind eye.
Maybe if they started deducting them points for the sectarian songs, it might stop them signing at games.

Do they just sing these songs in an act of defiance? They obviously know the songs are problematic and offensive, but carry on regardless. Probably more so now than back in the 70’s and 80’s.

A good example has been the “Mercer song” for us. Started out as a pre match pub song, built some momentum and was aired at games, a lot of fans started to rail against it realising that it wasn’t as funny a ditty as we thought it once was when you take a step back and it’s pretty much reverted back to a pre match pub song for the over enthusiastic early morning pinters.

There doesn’t appear much of a will for Rangers fans to distance themselves from the tired anthems of old. In modern times when we are all a bit more self aware about what is deemed acceptable conduct, why is this the case with them?

CB Hibs 68
23-03-2024, 10:42 PM

Can’t see where the emnity you are talking about comes from.Dont see Rangers being on the radar of Man U fans.

linlithgowhibbie
24-03-2024, 08:49 AM
Can’t see where the emnity you are talking about comes from.Dont see Rangers being on the radar of Man U fans.

Are you forgetting what Der Hun did to Manchester?

Onceinawhile
24-03-2024, 11:39 AM

Cause its man u vs rangers. Not rangers vs man u.

.Sean.
24-03-2024, 09:04 PM
Read this on here a couple times now, how come there’s so much bad blood between them? Does this go back decades?

Hope the Man U mob that come up smash them to bits for what they done in their city 2008

Pagan Hibernia
24-03-2024, 10:20 PM
Read this on here a couple times now, how come there’s so much bad blood between them? Does this go back decades?

Hope the Man U mob that come up smash them to bits for what they done in their city 2008

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/comment-why-rangers-hate-the-reds-1154705

A lot of the bad blood seems to stem from the violence at a friendly at old trafford in 1974

gbhibby
24-03-2024, 10:40 PM
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/comment-why-rangers-hate-the-reds-1154705

A lot of the bad blood seems to stem from the violence at a friendly at old trafford in 1974
They caused trouble wherever the went. Birmingham Leeds Newcastle Manchester Barcelona Edinburgh.

ErinGoBraghHFC
24-03-2024, 10:59 PM
I looked this morning as I've not been since I moved back from Manchester.

£70 plus booking fee and £35 plus fee for kids.

They can both ram it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Now I’ve seen the prices I agree. **** that.

Springbank
25-03-2024, 06:20 AM
I see that video of the idiots in the Union Jack infested bar, in Europe, and you just know not one of those British fxxxwits will realise that Being British (and not European any more) in terms of our exports, and imports, and economic status, makes us much poorer than everyone around us.

As the great John Hume said "you can't eat a flag"

Well, it's that hideous rag, on the wall in the British Hun video, that makes them - and you - poorer.

Good job, Brits

Enjoy the hyperinflation, the pizza that used to cost £2.50 that now costs £5 in Tesco, the £7 for your pack of butter. All to be Nationalistic, all to be BRITISH.

What a waste of a decade this has been for the rest of us internationalist Europeans (since 2014)

Since452
25-03-2024, 03:10 PM
There were calls from fans to bin Hampden and have Murrayfield as our national stadium no so long ago. Could you imagine 50/60k of these brain dead halfwits descending on our capital city for semis and finals every season? I love Murrayfield and find it superior to Hampden in every way but best just keeping these morons in Glasgow.