PDA

View Full Version : Did Andy Goram moon the crowd in Hungary?!

Albert Kidd 86’
14-03-2024, 03:00 PM
Been going through some old Hibs games and, (I may have dreamed this), when we were away at Videoton in Hungry, I am pretty sure I remember Andy Goram mooning us during the game!

I certainly remember celebrating with the players at their hotel afterwards, and the 40 hour bus trip from Easter road (each way).

anyone else on here at the away game to confirm Goram got his ass out?

BYW best GK I ever saw, not sure what happened to him after hibs, I have a blank there….:hyper

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 03:49 PM
Been going through some old Hibs games and, (I may have dreamed this), when we were away at Videoton in Hungry, I am pretty sure I remember Andy Goram mooning us during the game!

I certainly remember celebrating with the players at their hotel afterwards, and the 40 hour bus trip from Easter road (each way).

anyone else on here at the away game to confirm Goram got his ass out?

BYW best GK I ever saw, not sure what happened to him after hibs, I have a blank there….:hyper

Don’t recall that but I was in the downstairs bar/disco at the hotel in Szekesfehervar.

I was sooo pished that I didn’t even recall singing the Houchey Houchey song with him upon the wee stage - well not until he pointed this out to me the following morning 🤭

Still waiting for the hotel room and drinks bill to reach my Visa card - the drinks bill would have eclipsed the room bill by quite a bit - Russian sparkling wine if I recall at £4 a pop 🤭

Albert Kidd 86’
14-03-2024, 03:59 PM
Don’t recall that but I was in the downstairs bar/disco at the hotel in Szekesfehervar.

I was sooo pished that I didn’t even recall singing the Houchey Houchey song with him upon the wee stage - well not until he pointed this out to me the following morning 🤭

Still waiting for the hotel room and drinks bill to reach my Visa card - the drinks bill would have eclipsed the room bill by quite a bit - Russian sparkling wine if I recall at £4 a pop 🤭

we were in the same room then, i remember the houchey dance etc…

there was one guy on our bus who started drinking at the top of easter road and did not stop until he passed out in his hotel room before the game, could not be woken and missed the game, got back on the bus and went back with no memories at all!

those were the days…

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=Albert Kidd 86’;7614248]we were in the same room then, i remember the houchey dance etc…

So I am fully expecting the visa bill for your stay to come thru quite soon.

You okay to bung me your share of the room in advance - so about £30.

Same for the bevy - so say £500 🤭

Good deal I would say as I’ve not added inflation in 👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2024, 04:12 PM
I had just started working and couldn't get a bank loan to pay for the trip, one of the biggest regrets of my life, had to make do with being the only person in the office doing overtime that night and running around the room celebrating like a dafty listening to the game on the radio! 😊

Made it to Daugavpils and Dnipro amongst others which I would imagine were much like that trip.

Albert Kidd 86’
14-03-2024, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Albert Kidd 86’;7614248]we were in the same room then, i remember the houchey dance etc…

So I am fully expecting the visa bill for your stay to come thru quite soon.

You okay to bung me your share of the room in advance - so about £30.

Same for the bevy - so say £500 🤭

Good deal I would say as I’ve not added inflation in 👍

ok, how about since Aukland and Hibs are now part of the Foley group, we send an invoice to the black knight group for team building expenses :na na:

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=scm70nyd1973;7614251]

ok, how about since Aukland and Hibs are now part of the Foley group, we send an invoice to the black knight group for team building expenses :na na:

Deal

You in Auckland ?

Albert Kidd 86’
14-03-2024, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=Albert Kidd 86’;7614262]

Deal

You in Auckland ?

nope Scotland, but you are I think…

did you go to FC liege in the next round? White beer and The now infamous Bosman in the liege team… total master class as usual from Archibald.

Halmyre Hibee
14-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Can’t remember Goram mooning. Went with a few mates on a package arranged by Hibs. Bus from Easter Road to Gatwick then flight to Vienna then bus to Hotel Touring in Agard. Big Crawf (James Crawford rip) missed the game as pissed. Great trip and a Hibs win.

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=scm70nyd1973;7614270]

nope Scotland, but you are I think…

did you go to FC liege in the next round? White beer and The now infamous Bosman in the liege team… total master class as usual from Archibald.

I used to be.

Yup - it was mental in Brussels the day before - I got chased by a guy with an axe and an Alsatian dug -right in the city centre too 😡

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2024, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Albert Kidd 86’;7614290]

I used to be.

Yup - it was mental in Brussels the day before - I got chased by a guy with an axe and an Alsatian dug -right in the city centre too 😡

That was a wild night, we were in a bar in the red light district that got closed down as a local produced a handgun in the place! 😳

I think we got a bit carried away firing fireworks into the courtyard of the hotel that resulted in the police locking the place down 30 seconds after we had left.

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=scm70nyd1973;7614307]

That was a wild night, we were in a bar in the red light district that got closed down as a local produced a handgun in the place! 😳

Pre axe wielding madman I was in a bar that night where there was a cop handing around his hand gun for all to inspect - I made a hasty exit I tell you 🫢

Ringothedog
14-03-2024, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=HUTCHYHIBBY;7614311]

Pre axe wielding madman I was in a bar that night where there was a cop handing around his hand gun for all to inspect - I made a hasty exit I tell you 🫢

That happened on our bus at the Austria/Hungary border checkpoint. The handgun part.

Albert Kidd 86’
14-03-2024, 05:06 PM
Can’t remember Goram mooning. Went with a few mates on a package arranged by Hibs. Bus from Easter Road to Gatwick then flight to Vienna then bus to Hotel Touring in Agard. Big Crawf (James Crawford rip) missed the game as pissed. Great trip and a Hibs win.

Big Crawf, now that is a blast from the past, a larger than life character, I think he made me laugh non stop for 12 hours once…. Sadly missed.

Albert Kidd 86’
14-03-2024, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=scm70nyd1973;7614314]

That happened on our bus at the Austria/Hungary border checkpoint. The handgun part.

that was the same bus as me, my recollection was, possibly big crawf snatched the gaurds gun off him as he passed up the aisle, and started pointing it around, guard not amused really.

:wink::hilarious:hilariousoh ma sides!

again I might be imagining things as it was 1989 and a lot has gone on since….

Halmyre Hibee
14-03-2024, 05:19 PM
Looks like a few here on the same bus as Crawf ended up with the border guards gun on the bus. He also left his passport in the toilet but went back and found it. He had a red CCCP tee shirt on to noise up the locals on our trip to Budapest. Some guy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-03-2024, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=HUTCHYHIBBY;7614311]

Could well have been the same place, the owner was in tears when the place had to close.

Baldy Foghorn
14-03-2024, 05:30 PM
One of my most memorable trips to see us abroad, Loved it in Hungary

Logie Green
14-03-2024, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=scm70nyd1973;7614314]

I was on that bus too. Big Crawf was waving the gun around, quite scary.

The tour guide who I think met us at the Austria/Hungary border introduced himself by saying “Hello, I’m Laszlo. You can call me Laszlo”!

If I remember correctly Big Crawf took a trip in a pedallo on the lake beside the hotel and ended up in the water. He went to bed and missed the game.

On the football side of things it is one of the best performances I’ve seen from a Hibs team given their inexperience of Europe. A good trip, great atmosphere and plenty of laughs.

Albert Kidd 86’
14-03-2024, 05:39 PM
I also recall going to see MTK Budapest v Dynamo Moscow a day or so later, the Hungarians and Russians were not on best of terms at that time and the away end was packed with Russian red army guards singing like drunken Russian guards in the movies, swaying about in unison. £3 entry lots of Hibees there, still celebrating the win the night before, which must have really confused the locals.

Kato
14-03-2024, 05:40 PM

Didn't go on that trip but have heard the detailed story about Crawf. Jeez, he's been gone a long time now.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Gmack7
14-03-2024, 06:02 PM
Can't remember him mooning but to be fair I can't remember much about the trip😁
The boozers were ridiculously cheap unless you were on a boat on the Danube, thankfully that wasn't my round

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2024, 06:06 PM
I remember the match more than the bits before or after, which is a lot different to most of the away European games i've been to.

I'm sure we flew there and back, but to what airport i've no idea. :greengrin

Good support though. :top marks

Dont remember the moonie?

DickieDastardly
14-03-2024, 06:12 PM
Wow brilliant memories.
Goram did moon after the game, the players came back out to acknowledge the fans and that’s when he did it.
I was also on the bus that big Crawf was on and clearly recall the hand gun incident. Pretty sure he also had a sh*t in a bucket on the bus between Vienna and Budapest.
I see a mention above about a pedalo incident, I have a photo of him trying to clamber out of the lake, pished and blue with cold.

Good times….

HibbyAndy
14-03-2024, 06:21 PM
Was to young but remember listening to it on the radio in my bedroom

Scorers Evans houchen collins ?

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 06:23 PM
I also recall going to see MTK Budapest v Dynamo Moscow a day or so later, the Hungarians and Russians were not on best of terms at that time and the away end was packed with Russian red army guards singing like drunken Russian guards in the movies, swaying about in unison. £3 entry lots of Hibees there, still celebrating the win the night before, which must have really confused the locals.

We went up to Vienna to watch the Aberdeen v Rapid Vienna game

Arrived late and totally troppo

Somehow got in to the ground at HT - told to wait in this room with loads of doors and nothing else - HIBS strips and scarves on.

Doors suddenly burst open and Miller and McLeish entered followed by the rest - not sure who was more shocked - them or us - really surreal moment.

Sheep had a support of about two men and a dug there - we just about outnumbered them

jeffers
14-03-2024, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=Ringothedog;7614317]

I was on that bus too. Big Crawf was waving the gun around, quite scary.

The tour guide who I think met us at the Austria/Hungary border introduced himself by saying “Hello, I’m Laszlo. You can call me Laszlo”!

If I remember correctly Big Crawf took a trip in a pedallo on the lake beside the hotel and ended up in the water. He went to bed and missed the game.

On the football side of things it is one of the best performances I’ve seen from a Hibs team given their inexperience of Europe. A good trip, great atmosphere and plenty of laughs.

That was some trip. Big Crawf was some character, bought himself a camera in duty free and had lost it by the time we met Lazlo. The gun incident was quite amusing, the guards were laughing away as he pointed the gun in the air, but we had to duck under the seats when he tried to fire it, luckily he couldn’t get the safety off. The guards had to grab it off him.

The game itself we were excellent. I took loads of photos but none of them turned out with my pishy wee camera.

Joe6-2
14-03-2024, 06:29 PM
Was to young but remember listening to it on the radio in my bedroom

Scorers Evans houchen collins ?

…and Collins follows the ball into the Videoton net

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=Logie Green;7614360]

That was some trip. Big Crawf was some character, bought himself a camera in duty free and had lost it by the time we met Lazlo. The gun incident was quite amusing, the guards were laughing away as he pointed the gun in the air, but we had to duck under the seats when he tried to fire it, luckily he couldn’t get the safety off. The guards had to grab it off him.

The game itself we were excellent. I took loads of photos but none of them turned out with my pishy wee camera.

Send me a PM - I’ve got loads from the game and I can share them with you if you want - you could well be in them

Hibbyradge
14-03-2024, 06:38 PM
I went with the official group so missed the shenanigans mentioned.

We still had a great time though and we found the bar in the centre by following the singing we could hear! That beer was strong!

Andy Goram didn't bare his jacksie as far as I can remember, but he dressed up as a female flight attendant, resplendent in headscarf and makeup, and proceeded to pour coffees and teas for the passengers.

Ringothedog
14-03-2024, 08:12 PM
This is a photo from the game, I am in there, on the left with hair

Bridge hibs
14-03-2024, 08:22 PM
I wasnt there as still in my buggy but love reading all the stories, keep them coming 😁👍

wallpaperman
14-03-2024, 08:22 PM
Me and a mate went on the Calton Hibs bus, didn’t know any of the guys, just answered an advert in the News that there were a couple of spare seats. We overnighted in Vienna from memory.

In Hungary we stayed in some sort of hotel complex that had cabins felt like in the woods or something. Not posh but really big rooms. Remember they had a fully stocked mini bar in the cabin with dirt cheap beer and local champagne.

Got a bunch of not very high quality photos somewhere, need to hunt them out.

Oh to be 20 again.

DIXIHIBS
14-03-2024, 08:26 PM
This is a photo from the game, I am in there, on the left with hair

Is that big BM in the middle?

Ringothedog
14-03-2024, 08:27 PM
Is that big BM in the middle?

Yup

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 08:34 PM
php?attachmentid=27775&stc=1&d=1710451303

Ringothedog
14-03-2024, 08:37 PM
php?attachmentid=27775&stc=1&d=1710451303

That’s a fantastic photo. Thanks for sharing

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 08:45 PM
https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=27776&stc=1&d=1710452538

scm70nyd1973
14-03-2024, 08:57 PM
https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=27778&stc=1&d=1710453384

Ringothedog
14-03-2024, 09:17 PM
https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=27778&stc=1&d=1710453384

The fence started bending in on us due to the number of people on it 😂

Kato
14-03-2024, 10:09 PM
https://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=27776&stc=1&d=1710452538Spud middle, bottom there.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Albert Kidd 86’
15-03-2024, 05:25 AM
Fantastic memories and photos, thank you all so much, reminds you of why and how we love this team so much.

I really hope the younger support today will get the chance to experience these kinds of scenes more often.

funny how we remember the camaraderie more than the games!

one last memory was of a hotel room somewhere after the game and player celebrations, full of hibees, totally pished jumping about, then waking up in a pile of bodies on the floor in the morning with someone having pished themselves at the bottom……possibly Crawfs room or maybe the one mentioned above with the visa bill?

glad someone else witnessed Goram mooning, my wife (girlfriend at the time…),says she remembers me coming home from that trip smelling like something from edinburgh zoo’s mortuary and talking about Goram…

Albert Kidd 86’
15-03-2024, 05:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlWVVXnnmPY

video highlights of the game…

DickieDastardly
15-03-2024, 07:22 AM
Pity photos can't be shared on here, I have two packets from before, during and after the game.

jodjam
15-03-2024, 07:34 AM
Up until the cup final win this was my favourite match by a mile. Train there and back. First night in Budapest and a local put us up in his granny's house. 60 mile taxi journey to Szechezfehrvar (sic) the following morning and we stayed at player's hotel. Remember Big Frank in a hammock on the hotel roof. Match was amazing and back in the hotel Andy Goram delivered a reeking Gordon Hunter onto to dance floor. Met Geebsy years later and he mentioned he just wasn't a drinker. What a state he was in. Then went out into town with Graham Mitchell and Callum Milne. Their behaviour, even for us, was way ott when faced with armed police. Decided to hit another bar and got hammered with a lad from East Germany. Couple of group got off train at Vienna to watch the Dons. Oh aye, the match was pretty good GGTTH

Bridge hibs
15-03-2024, 08:18 AM
Pity photos can't be shared on here, I have two packets from before, during and after the game.

Why cant you share photos on here ? Someone has posted photos above

DickieDastardly
15-03-2024, 10:25 AM
Why cant you share photos on here ? Someone has posted photos above

Not sure how to do it, have tried before (very possibly my lack of IT nous)...

Fanforlife
15-03-2024, 02:24 PM
Was some guy big Crawf😪

Halmyre Hibee
15-03-2024, 05:28 PM
Thanks everyone for posting the memories & photos. The only away European game I’ve been to. Just wish we had mobile phones back in the day. My mate Fritz took his camera but mucked up the spool and no photos unfortunately. Still got the ticket but can’t find the programme that they gave out free.