PDA

View Full Version : Hearts given 50/50 split v Rangers and Aberdeen rejected for 50/50 split v Celtic

Diclonius
14-03-2024, 12:53 PM
The only explanation you can give for this is that Aberdeen are being punished for complaining last time.

Broken Gnome
14-03-2024, 01:01 PM
The only explanation you can give for this is that Aberdeen are being punished for complaining last time.

Aberdeen are never in a million years taking 20,000 to Glasgow for lunchtime kickoff, which is the SFA's explanation isn't it?

Hearts can at least to claim to have a semblance of a chance of selling their allocation, though I'd imagine they'll fall a fair bit short.

Then it comes down to fairness, which is a different kettle of fish admittedly.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-03-2024, 01:47 PM
Disgusting approach. Each club should be given a window to sell 50% of tickets. The remainder are returned and given to opponents if necessary.

Celtic vs livi was 3/4 full in the last round. Same for the other cheek vs Ayr in an earlier round. They've a cheek calling us all out, considering the size of their supports

VoltaireHibs
14-03-2024, 01:50 PM
Aberdeen are never in a million years taking 20,000 to Glasgow for lunchtime kickoff, which is the SFA's explanation isn't it?

Hearts can at least to claim to have a semblance of a chance of selling their allocation, though I'd imagine they'll fall a fair bit short.

Then it comes down to fairness, which is a different kettle of fish admittedly.

With Hearts vast waiting list I'm quite surprised they didn't demand even more. Big club and all that.

jakedance
14-03-2024, 01:51 PM
Boils my piss. Every club, regardless of size should be offered 50% of a neutral venue, and then adjustments made from there if tickets can’t be sold.

gbhibby
14-03-2024, 01:52 PM
£35000 Cost oer 1000 unsold tickets taking average price

Pagan Hibernia
14-03-2024, 01:57 PM
Disgusting approach. Each club should be given a window to sell 50% of tickets. The remainder are returned and given to opponents if necessary.

Celtic vs livi was 3/4 full in the last round. Same for the other cheek vs Ayr in an earlier round. They've a cheek calling us all out, considering the size of their supports

Celtic had 27k empty seats in the last round

SaulGoodman
14-03-2024, 02:00 PM
Neutral venue they say.

“Well you’re not getting a 50/50 split because the Bhoys.. ahem, Celtic will sell more tickets than you. Also you’ll be sitting in the west stand because the east stand is the Celtic end.

Hail hail, I mean, kind regards.

SFA”

Since452
14-03-2024, 02:13 PM
Hearts will sell their allocation Aberdeen won't. Don't really see the issue.

Suppose they could have given Aberdeen an initial 25k and given them a deadline to sell them before giving them to Celtic. I doubt they'll have much more than 12k there.

JimBHibees
14-03-2024, 02:18 PM

Suppose they could have given Aberdeen an initial 25k and given them a deadline to sell them before giving them to Celtic. I doubt they'll have much more than 12k there.

Hearts will be nowhere near selling their allocation imo

Rick Rude
14-03-2024, 02:21 PM
I doubt hearts or Aberdeen would sell their allocation out but regardless any team that wants 50% for a semi or final should get it even if it means empty seats. It's a neutral ground.

Since452
14-03-2024, 02:23 PM
Hearts will be nowhere near selling their allocation imo

I'm sure they sold 25k against us in 2022. Maybe because they knew they'd win right enough.

green day
14-03-2024, 05:27 PM
I doubt hearts or Aberdeen would sell their allocation out but regardless any team that wants 50% for a semi or final should get it even if it means empty seats. It's a neutral ground.

I thought that in the Scottish Cup they started from the 50/50 premise, unless the club (Aberdeen) say they can't sell them?

Different in League Cup.

erin go bragh
14-03-2024, 05:34 PM
I'm sure they sold 25k against us in 2022. Maybe because they knew they'd win right enough.
11k they sold against Celtic in the 2012 SC semi

MWHIBBIES
14-03-2024, 05:46 PM
Hearts fans turned up and sold our semi in 2022. That's evidence that they can do it. Aberdeen and sadly Hibs don't have this evidence and will keep getting knocked back vs old firm.

Its embarrassing that its not the norm, but we gave the SFA the chance to do it and they did it.

Saint Hibee
14-03-2024, 06:25 PM
Boils my piss. Every club, regardless of size should be offered 50% of a neutral venue, and then adjustments made from there if tickets can’t be sold.

1000% this. Anything else is corruption pure and simple.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2024, 06:27 PM
Dont Hearts normally sell around 12k-14k tops against any of the bigots at Hampden semi finals?

Moulin Yarns
15-03-2024, 07:51 AM
Hearts fans turned up and sold our semi in 2022. That's evidence that they can do it. Aberdeen and sadly Hibs don't have this evidence and will keep getting knocked back vs old firm.

Its embarrassing that its not the norm, but we gave the SFA the chance to do it and they did it.

How are clubs supposed to get the evidence for selling out tickets if they are denied the opportunity though?

DIXIHIBS
15-03-2024, 07:56 AM
Dont Hearts normally sell around 12k-14k tops against any of the bigots at Hampden semi finals?

Exactly. No chance they are selling 50% for this. Hibs Hertz and Dons have all sold 25k plus when the circumstances were right....against OF...nah. ps meant 25k at Hampden...not necessarily at semi final.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2024, 07:59 AM

Plus Hearts benefactor subbing Scottish Fitba during COVID probably helped….?

Phil MaGlass
15-03-2024, 08:34 AM
I really hope hertz do sell their allocation, this is a moment where the bigwigs at SFA will sneer and say told you so or hertz can sell out and give them the big finger. Cant believe I want hertz to win, jings,crivvens, help ma boab

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2024, 09:05 AM

Plus Hearts benefactor subbing Scottish Fitba during COVID probably helped….?

Jones28
15-03-2024, 09:16 AM

Hearts at least have a fighting chance of selling theirs out, Aberdeen will be nowhere near it. Just had a look and there's 5 trains from Aberdeen to get you in to Queen Street before 12 - one of these leaves at 5.30am.

That game at 2pm would have given them a much better chance to sell more tickets.

Agree 100% though that clubs should be given the chance to sell half before it is taken away. It's totally unfair.

Pagan Hibernia
15-03-2024, 09:36 AM
How are clubs supposed to get the evidence for selling out tickets if they are denied the opportunity though?

Well, it didn't help that when we were offered only 17.5k for the 2021 LC final, we complained and were given another 2000 tickets (still less than celtic) which we then failed to sell out.

That said, morally it's wrong. Neutral venue means starting at 50/50.

Anything else and the natural end result is finals and semi finals which resemble a home game for the old firm

Jones28
15-03-2024, 10:04 AM
Well, it didn't help that when we were offered only 17.5k for the 2021 LC final, we complained and were given another 2000 tickets (still less than celtic) which we then failed to sell out.

Anything else and the natural end result is finals and semi finals which resemble a home game for the old firm

We came pretty close did we not? I can't picture 2000 or so empty seats at that game.

stantonhibby
15-03-2024, 10:15 AM

Covid had a bit to do with that

oneone73
15-03-2024, 10:18 AM

That was at the height of Omicron just before Christmas. A lot of people didn't want to endanger the family Christmas, especially with what had gone on with Covid the previous two years. Fwiw, I was there, but drove through, not risking supporters bus or public transport.

Pagan Hibernia
15-03-2024, 01:02 PM
We came pretty close did we not? I can't picture 2000 or so empty seats at that game.

We did come close. I think we had just over 19,000 at that match, a few hundred un-sold, which in the circumstances mentioned above, was a good turnout

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2024, 01:28 PM

They aren't denied the opportunity. We've had the Opportunity to sell half the ground plenty of times.

Aberdeen this season, nowhere near it.
Hearts 2022, nope - Hearts sold it no problem.
Aberdeen 2017, nope
Dundee United 2016, nope
Celtic 2017 league cup, nope

Our crowds for semis are poor generally. This is the consequence. Those than bother and genuinely want a ticket will get one in a 19k allocation.

I don't agree with this at all, but we've had plenty chances to sell it and failed.

Not So Young
15-03-2024, 01:47 PM
Aberdeen got the same offer as Hearts. They were offered the 50-50 split but they had to agree to paying for any unsold tickets.
Hearts agreed Aberdeen did not

Moulin Yarns
15-03-2024, 02:05 PM
They aren't denied the opportunity. We've had the Opportunity to sell half the ground plenty of times.

Aberdeen this season, nowhere near it.
Hearts 2022, nope - Hearts sold it no problem.
Aberdeen 2017, nope
Dundee United 2016, nope
Celtic 2017 league cup, nope

Our crowds for semis are poor generally. This is the consequence. Those than bother and genuinely want a ticket will get one in a 19k allocation.

I don't agree with this at all, but we've had plenty chances to sell it and failed.

Aren't denied to sell 25,000 tickets from an allocation of 19,000. I take it you failed arithmetic! 🤣

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2024, 03:18 PM
Aren't denied to sell 25,000 tickets from an allocation of 19,000. I take it you failed arithmetic! 🤣

Aberdeen had the chance to sell 25k Vs us this season. They didn't.

If they had, they'd be getting 25k for SC.

green day
15-03-2024, 03:43 PM

Its not remotely the same.

One is LC and under the control of Doncaster and the SPFL.

The Scottish Cup is (supposed to be) entirely different.

It is my understanding that if the clubs can sell half for Scottish, they get half - certainly in the final.

Aberdeen have probably told them they wont sell 50% due to ko time etc

Bridge hibs
15-03-2024, 03:50 PM
Hearts will sell their allocation easily, 16,000 season ticket holders, 10,000 on the waiting list for a season ticket, wouldnt surprise me if they tried to buy tickets for the rangers end or double up at the turnstyles

DH1875
15-03-2024, 04:30 PM
Don't see the fuss. Aberdeen won't even sell out the allocation they've been given.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2024, 04:42 PM
Hearts will sell their allocation easily, 16,000 season ticket holders, 10,000 on the waiting list for a season ticket, wouldnt surprise me if they tried to buy tickets for the rangers end or double up at the turnstyles
:tee hee:

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2024, 04:49 PM
Don't see the fuss. Aberdeen won't even sell out the allocation they've been given.

Hardly the point though is it? It's a neutral venue.