PDA

View Full Version : Rocky best game

sauzee1989
10-03-2024, 07:26 PM
I have been his biggest critic but tonight he was superb never put a foot wrong. Long May it continue.

Unseen work
10-03-2024, 07:26 PM
He was brilliant again.

So commanding in everything he done and appears to be growing as a leader.

hibsbollah
10-03-2024, 07:28 PM
Has he put a foot wrong since coming back from AFCON? Spending 3 weeks training with Chancel Mbemba every day is probably good for learning centre back play.

DH1875
10-03-2024, 07:29 PM
He's been arguably out best player since he got back from the AFCON.

jeffers
10-03-2024, 07:30 PM
Has he put a foot wrong since coming back from AFCON? Spending 3 weeks training with Chancel Mbemba every day is probably good for learning centre back play.

Agree with that. I felt he was an accident waiting to happen but he’s done really well since his return.

Smartie
10-03-2024, 07:31 PM
I have been his biggest critic but tonight he was superb never put a foot wrong. Long May it continue.

Well worth singling out Rocky for praise tonight.

Both he and Fish were excellent.

LunasBoots
10-03-2024, 07:31 PM
Rocky was good as was Welsh I thought.

LewysGot2
10-03-2024, 07:33 PM
Well worth singling out Rocky for praise tonight.

Both he and Fish were excellent.

Considering he was the first SFA target tonight, Triantis did well after spending most of the game on a yellow. Much better game management than other team mates :agree:

Allant1981
10-03-2024, 07:33 PM
Has never been anywhere near as bad as some make out but agree he has improved greatly, and certainly doesn't hinder us playing at LCB

Donegal Hibby
10-03-2024, 07:37 PM
Big fan of Rocky . Guy was outstanding tonight again and won his fair share of tussles with Dessers .Loved the way he stood his ground with Raskin in all . Think he's a warrior and has potential to make a good captain too.

Scooter
10-03-2024, 07:39 PM
Yeah he was very good

Carheenlea
10-03-2024, 07:45 PM
Rocky is a classic case of not appreciating how good a player is is until he’s not there.

His arrival back into the side following a difficult period for us and performing the way he has just exemplified that. I was certainly guilty of under appreciating his worth until that was exposed during his absence.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 08:04 PM
What is Rocky's contract situation?

Also, I'm not Will Fish's biggest fan but he was outstanding today. Bit more of that and he'll be worth spending money on.

IberianHibernian
10-03-2024, 08:04 PM
He was excellent today but as others have said he was never bad , far from it . A great signing by Maloney right from when he was kicking the ball out the ground at Arbroath to today . Already one of our longest serving starters and I hope we`re looking to extend his contract . Would love to see him score sometime .

yerauldda
10-03-2024, 08:08 PM
He’s been excellent since he came back. Fish played well too, his defending of Silva when he broke early in the second half was outstanding.

B.H.F.C
10-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Been good since he came back.

Liked his attitude tonight. He was the one that was in to stick up for his mates and he told McLean what he thought of him walking off. It might not change things but I like to see us at least trying to stick up for ourselves. Wish more were like that.

silverhibee
10-03-2024, 09:08 PM
The only thing I didn’t like was him being hijacked by Phillipe at the end of the game arm around Rocky chatting to him with his hand over his mouth, could he be a fan of Rocky’s and might want to see him at ibrox next season, hope not.

We need to be getting him a extension to his contract soon.

Mon Dieu4
10-03-2024, 09:13 PM
The only thing I didn’t like was him being hijacked by Phillipe at the end of the game arm around Rocky chatting to him with his hand over his mouth, could he be a fan of Rocky’s and might want to see him at ibrox next season, hope not.

We need to be getting him a extension to his contract soon.

Would imagine it's purely the Belgian connection

Smartie
10-03-2024, 09:54 PM
Would imagine it's purely the Belgian connection

They should be allowed to have a wee waffle together.

wookie70
10-03-2024, 10:09 PM
I thought he was excellent tonight. If Hanlon is fit I'd like to see the two of them given a game or two. What impressed me the most about Rocky is his will to win. He was at it when we when to 9 men, fighting for everything and standing his corner. The best news is he is still developing and improving. I hope we look to get him a year or two extra on his contract as we have really struggled to find centre halves

HIBS NUTS
10-03-2024, 10:15 PM
He’s actually had a good season, it’s not just since he came back from cup tournament.

overdrive
10-03-2024, 10:30 PM
Looked like he made his feelings known to the cheat after the match too.

Keyser Sauzee
10-03-2024, 10:35 PM
They should be allowed to have a wee waffle together.

First chuckle I’ve had since full time.

darwenhibby
10-03-2024, 10:36 PM
None of those big brave boys in blue jerseys wanted to get caught up in a melee when Rocky was around
Even 9 men on the pitch we gave all we could
There’s a basis of a good Hibs team emerging here.
The establishment are not going to like it if we do start to spend more serious money

Centre Hawf
10-03-2024, 11:01 PM
Absolutely chuffed for the form the big man has had since he came back from AFCON. Looks a new player and I hope this is a sign of how he'll be for his career going forward as I'd love him to keep kicking on.

neil7908
11-03-2024, 04:10 AM

Like you OP I've had a go at him but he's one of the first names on the teamsheet now.

Only trouble is our defence always seems to have 1-2 players not on their game at a given time.

It was Obita yesterday, Miller more recently and Fish has had his moments as well.

But over the pitch I think we now have a decent group of players. We need to do our best to tie guys like Rocky down and bring in some more quality over the summer.

Crunchie
11-03-2024, 04:15 AM
A colossus in defence, if only he had a left foot like Hanlon eh 😂😂. Joking aside he was outstanding again against top opposition, he swatted them aside like flies.

Gatecrasher
11-03-2024, 06:44 AM
The guy has become one of the first names in the starting eleven for me, the improvement since he joined has been massive.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-03-2024, 07:13 AM
First chuckle I’ve had since full time.
X 2 - genius!

BILLYHIBS
11-03-2024, 07:26 AM
He’s actually had a good season, it’s not just since he came back from cup tournament.

👍

Dmas
11-03-2024, 08:08 AM
Looked like he made his feelings known to the cheat after the match too.

I thought a few of them had a bit more to say to the ref than usual I don’t know if it was frustration boiling over due to how it was going or a conscious change in tact as I’m sure it was raised with Monty at AGM, but JC on the radio had a grump about it saying it wasn’t nice to see and it was showing weakness, made my mood worse that I’m sick of ‘hibs men’ sticking the boot in like that we can see these things grow arms and legs with how difficult it is for Boyle to win a free kick thanks to Yogi Hughes starting off a campaign against him, JC has played for us and one half of the OF you can’t tell me he hasn’t noted the difference in the way he or even his team as manager is referee’d this is why we won’t see any drive for change there’s absolutely zero criticism put towards a ref’s performance

Kato
11-03-2024, 08:22 AM
I thought a few of them had a bit more to say to the ref than usual I don’t know if it was frustration boiling over due to how it was going or a conscious change in tact as I’m sure it was raised with Monty at AGM, but JC on the radio had a grump about it saying it wasn’t nice to see and it was showing weakness, made my mood worse that I’m sick of ‘hibs men’ sticking the boot in like that we can see these things grow arms and legs with how difficult it is for Boyle to win a free kick thanks to Yogi Hughes starting off a campaign against him, JC has played for us and one half of the OF you can’t tell me he hasn’t noted the difference in the way he or even his team as manager is referee’d this is why we won’t see any drive for change there’s absolutely zero criticism put towards a ref’s performanceThe tone was set when he ignored the high foot early in the game which led to Triantis being booked for his first tackle.

The Rangers players controlled the decisions thereafter.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Yorkshire HFC
11-03-2024, 08:29 AM

I thought he played really well - controlled passion - a few others could learn a lot from him.