PDA

View Full Version : Time to Act

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-03-2024, 06:45 PM
Ben said at the AGM we'd monitor the behaviour of these cretins and call it out/bam them if we needed

Get it done. Ben needs to issue a statement TONIGHT about their singing. Full repertoire aired and singing what they did when Boyle lay motionless on a stretcher is the lowest of the low

Find says to bridge the financial gap. We've just brought in new investment, I'll gladly contribute. The least amount of these neanderthals the better

Disgusted tonight

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2024, 06:46 PM
Full repertoire aired and singing what they did when Boyle lay motionless on a stretcher is the lowest of the low

That was bad, even for them.

Pagan Hibernia
10-03-2024, 06:47 PM
Ben said at the AGM we'd monitor the behaviour of these cretins and call it out/bam them if we needed

Get it done. Ben needs to issue a statement TONIGHT about their singing. Full repertoire aired and singing what they did when Boyle lay motionless on a stretcher is the lowest of the low

Find says to bridge the financial gap. We've just brought in new investment, I'll gladly contribute. The least amount of these neanderthals the better

Disgusted tonight

What did they sing about boyle when he was laid out?

Jones28
10-03-2024, 06:47 PM
What did they sing when Boyle was down?

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2024, 06:48 PM
What did they sing when Boyle was down?

Glory, glory what a hell of a way to die 🤬

hibsbollah
Singing that when he was lying there, disgusting. The timing was no accident.

.Sean.
Yep. Just stop being soft as **** Hibs

STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES AND US

How many times

Huns end was absolutely rammed again, could hardly see the stairways

xyz23jc
10-03-2024, 06:50 PM

Disgusted tonight

Only way to shut these PEEPUL up is to f*** them up on the park, EPIC FAIL fae Hibs thi nicht, officiating aside, nae good enough, yet, IMHO! :fuming:

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-03-2024, 06:54 PM
Only way to shut these PEEPUL up is to f*** them up on the park, EPIC FAIL fae Hibs thi nicht, officiating aside, nae good enough, yet, IMHO! :fuming:

I wouldn't disagree too much with that, but the ref was giving us nothing. Any 50/50. Slight offside call was being given against us. Boyle was fouled multiple times and ignored. We had no chance tonight, albeit a few players were really disappointing. Obita, maolida particularly

scm70nyd1973
10-03-2024, 06:57 PM

Disgusted tonight

So - it would cost us £400,000 of lost income (back of fag packet economics of £33 x say 3,000 x 4 games) to ban Celtic & Rangers fans from ER indefinitely- surely it’s time to find a solution to this - especially when we are hopefully moving into more lucrative waters 🙏

neil7908
10-03-2024, 07:01 PM
So - it would cost us £400,000 of lost income (back of fag packet economics of £33 x say 3,000 x 4 games) to ban Celtic & Rangers fans from ER indefinitely- surely it’s time to find a solution to this - especially when we are hopefully moving into more lucrative waters 🙏

We're getting £6m in the summer - for once we can absolutely afford it.

Give them as little as we can and 1) we might get more Hibs fans along and 2) we might win or draw more games against them.

Frazerbob
10-03-2024, 07:05 PM

cubehindthegoal
10-03-2024, 07:12 PM
Singing that when he was lying there, disgusting. The timing was no accident.

Yup. They can get away with anything … they know it. Everyone knows it. Some are accepting of it though, which is even sadder … even some on here, sadly, are apologists for all that surrounds them.

Doh Rae Me
10-03-2024, 07:12 PM
Needs called out by Hibs, ceo, manager and players on all media for every interview about the game. Why are they singing about to die a f****n b****rd while Boyle is sparked out on the deck and obviously in serious trouble? Why are they singing about up to their knees?

Needs called out
Every opportunity

cubehindthegoal
10-03-2024, 07:14 PM

… and why isn’t this on BBC Scotland or STV news … much less worse is, often ..

ErinGoBraghHFC

Being called a fenian ******* doesn’t bother me, I’m actually quite proud to be a fenian *******. Singing about it being a hell of a way to die while a Hibs player lies motionless on the deck? Sick. I’m not one to pass judgement on a large group of people but I genuinely do believe most matchgoing Rangers supporters to be bad people with a twisted mindset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcbizz1998
Wasn’t aware what the weedgie mutants were saying at the time.
Absolutely despicable, as usual.

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-03-2024, 07:15 PM
Wasn’t aware what the weedgie mutants were saying at the time.
Absolutely despicable, as usual.

The worst part is no one seems to be surprised by it, and we all just accept that

LunasBoots
**** and will always be ****

Chorley Hibee

I don't remember him saying anything when he was front and centre on the TV.

Another one who gave it tacit approval for years and now calling it out because his career is over.

Coward.

eastmainsmsh
****bags corrupt to the core not a lover of Glasgow 2 but hope celtic ram it up them 👍

hibsbollah
10-03-2024, 07:17 PM
Being called a fenian ******* doesn’t bother me, I’m actually quite proud to be a fenian *******. Singing about it being a hell of a way to die while a Hibs player lies motionless on the deck? Sick. I’m not one to pass judgement on a large group of people but I genuinely do believe most matchgoing Rangers supporters to be bad people with a twisted mindset.

I was watching the hordes when motionless Boyle was carried off. Only around 5% of them clapped him off. With a serious injury like that you normally get a good proportion of the opposition fans showing respect. Not them.

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-03-2024, 07:20 PM
I was watching the hordes when motionless Boyle was carried off. Only around 5% of them clapped him off. With a serious injury like that you normally get a good proportion of the opposition fans showing respect. Not them.

The worst of society are attracted to the institutions that represent the most horrid ideals.

cubehindthegoal
10-03-2024, 07:20 PM

Ban them for the easily evidenced reasons of bigoted singing … and the resultant Officialdom reaction of fining us … face it … and then call it out for what it is … and keep going … at some point it will become indefensible, as it is wrong, pure and simple.

You know … I’ve heard the nonsense spoken by the celtic and rangers fans who live (local to their team lol) from Inverness and beyond to Fife and Edinburgh and below … talk about Irish and British nonsense 🙄 .. for so long … and they were all born in Scotland … how so very very sad.

But corruption on the back of all that should be called out and dealt with. Or is there not any honest folk left in Scotland ?

Bristolhibby
10-03-2024, 07:23 PM
The OP is right. Give them 200 tickets. Take the hit.

J

Carheenlea
10-03-2024, 07:23 PM
It would cost the club a bit of money, but ultimately it would be money well spent.

Some may say it’s tarring them all with same brush, but unlike a small handful of missile throwers at Tynecastle, that was a full end celebrating an injury and wishing the demise of a “fenian *******”

Time to pull the plug on them. We can probably afford it now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2024, 07:25 PM
Some may say it’s tarring them all with same brush, but unlike a small handful of missile throwers at Tynecastle, that was a full end celebrating an injury and wishing the demise of a “fenian *******”

They think that we're Tarriers already! 😳

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2024, 07:26 PM
No amount of money is worth enabling bigotry. Rather watch us in league 1 than listen to that filth

ACLeith
10-03-2024, 07:29 PM
It would cost the club a bit of money, but ultimately it would be money well spent.

Time to pull the plug on them. We can probably afford it now.

As the stretcher was leaving the pitch I counted what I reckon was about 50 of their fans applauding. A few others neither clapping nor singing. The rest being the vile disgrace to the human race that they are.

cubehindthegoal
10-03-2024, 07:29 PM
Needs called out by Hibs, ceo, manager and players on all media for every interview about the game. Why are they singing about to die a f****n b****rd while Boyle is sparked out on the deck and obviously in serious trouble? Why are they singing about up to their knees?

Needs called out
Every opportunity

Scottish Government are fine about things like this it seems though .. funny, I thought they were against such things … wonder what they’ll do to change it .. ? Tell you this, it makes me scared of independence, if the SNP are scared to change the blatant corruption and bigotry we live in like this.

Would love to see them prove that wrong though.

Mcbizz1998
10-03-2024, 07:30 PM
Why is there this double standard in our society? If we were a club who happened to be formed by Muslim immigrants, then anti Islamic hatred being sung would be rightly condemned. Probably on the national news and the fans doing it regarded as complete pond life by all.

But because it’s catholics that are getting abused, we all just crack on? Why? Because it’s presumed it’s hatred towards white Scottish people?

SteveHFC
10-03-2024, 07:35 PM
Be interesting to hear if the club thinks that's acceptable and if not then the only option for them should be a total ban on rangers fans, don't care if thier decent fans lose out.
As much as dislike hearts at least they have the balls to cut the OF allocation
It's time we stood up and started rocking the boat

Davy Mac
10-03-2024, 07:43 PM
We were always going to hear words from their glorious playbook at 5.30 on a Sunday.

If nothing is done , not just by Hbs, then the game will never rid itself of this disease, they're weird, totally and utterly unintelligent clowns.

Mental

Bishop Hibee
10-03-2024, 07:52 PM
I’d not heard “to die a Fenian *******’ since the 80’s. Worst chant since the famine song.

It’s time to back up the talk with action and take 50% off their next allocation.

scm70nyd1973
10-03-2024, 07:54 PM
We're getting £6m in the summer - for once we can absolutely afford it.

Give them as little as we can and 1) we might get more Hibs fans along and 2) we might win or draw more games against them.

That’s my line of thinking- my daughter (first year of being a ST holder)called me on the way back from the game (I live in Spain so I wasn’t there) and she was ranting - not about the game - but the bile coming out of that lot - and not just a few - especially when Boyler was getting stretchered off - that plus the Ron Gordon disrespect enough is enough- we are all up for it I’m sure.

Smartie
10-03-2024, 07:56 PM

I take it Jim doesn’t really want to work in the Scottish media in future then?

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2024, 07:57 PM
Build my gallows high seemed to be their favourite this evening, weirdos!

Pretty Boy
10-03-2024, 07:58 PM
They can do what they want. They know they are untouchable.

They mocked the deceased father/husband of our current owner not once but twice. The song tonight when Boyle was down injured was despicable on every level. We'll say and do nothing.

I have genuinely never met a decent Rangers fan. A few who seem alright and can be civil to a point but introduce a drink or put them in the company of others of the same ilk and they revert to type. Tired jokes about religion morphing into full on bigotry and xenophobia as they become more emboldened.

If it was up to me we'd give them 0 tickets (which admittedly is why I am not running a football club).

Diclonius
10-03-2024, 08:07 PM
I will gladly pay Hibs the cost of one bigot ****'s ticket if it means they don't set foot in our stadium.

scm70nyd1973
10-03-2024, 08:12 PM
I will gladly pay Hibs the cost of one bigot ****'s ticket if it means they don't set foot in our stadium.

Me too

WestStandWillie
10-03-2024, 08:19 PM
The club must act. Give them minimum tickets going forward. Absolutely disgusting vermin.

B.H.F.C
10-03-2024, 08:25 PM
Singing that song when medical professionals, including their own, were attending to a medical emergency involving one of our players, should lead to us doing something about them. We should be making the audio available for all to hear. We will do nothing and continue to take their money.

SteveHFC
10-03-2024, 08:27 PM
They can do what they want. They know they are untouchable.

They mocked the deceased father/husband of our current owner not once but twice. The song tonight when Boyle was down injured was despicable on every level. We'll say and do nothing.

I have genuinely never met a decent Rangers fan. A few who seem alright and can be civil to a point but introduce a drink or put them in the company of others of the same ilk and they revert to type. Tired jokes about religion morphing into full on bigotry and xenophobia as they become more emboldened.

If it was up to me we'd give them 0 tickets (which admittedly is why I am not running a football club).

:thumbsup:
today crossed a line doesnt matter if it was 200 or 2000, we need to start showing that as a club we are no longer a soft touch with actions to match

Since452
10-03-2024, 08:28 PM
They are ****. That's why I've stopped attending games v Rangers. Just won't subject myself to it anymore. The club don't give a **** so the only other option is to not go and support my team. Sad state of affairs.

Cod Boy
10-03-2024, 08:29 PM
It’s coming to the stage I won’t be attending Hibs v the Glasgow two at Easter Road what’s the point with the officials making sure it’s impossible to get a result and all the dark age singing from the away end. It would be interesting to see if the club would do a season ticket without including these games

Kato
10-03-2024, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't disagree too much with that, but the ref was giving us nothing. Any 50/50. Slight offside call was being given against us. Boyle was fouled multiple times and ignored. We had no chance tonight, albeit a few players were really disappointing. Obita, maolida particularlyOffsides being given in real time against us, when play is supposed to continue then, decide afterwards.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

TrinityHFC
10-03-2024, 08:37 PM
We need to ensure that we don’t facilitate any large scale days out for them anymore. Cut it down to the minimum.

hibbie02
10-03-2024, 08:52 PM
Maybe if the penny drops that they will lose more money from Home fans staying away than Glasgow mafia fans attending, they might grow a backbone! Maybe time to force the club into action by organising a OF boycott unless action taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scotty Leither
10-03-2024, 08:57 PM
I touched on this on another thread...I hope for a whole host of reasons that Foley is the real deal and him and the BK's backing allows the club to consistently punch its weight for the next 10 years and beyond.

How that scenario impacts on games v these two is all conjecture, but I would hope a winning team will lead to bigger crowds to allow us to cut their allocation as the demand WILL be there despite all the crap that comes with them.

Giving them a few bloody noses on the park will help us achieve that too...so a triple whammy of more Hibees in the ground, better results and the less OF fans the better sounds good to me.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-03-2024, 08:58 PM
We said nothing when they disrupted the remembrance for Ron and I suspect we’ll say nothing again tonight. Pathetic

Chorley Hibee
10-03-2024, 09:00 PM
Maybe if the penny drops that they will lose more money from Home fans staying away than Glasgow mafia fans attending, they might grow a backbone! Maybe time to force the club into action by organising a OF boycott unless action taken.

Only 10,000 tickets sold for our biggest game of the season shows that the boycott has already started.

ionahibby
10-03-2024, 09:00 PM
About time we start emailing/ social media that lot from BBC Scotland as well. They contribute to it as well by pretending it doesn’t happen.
They would have heard it loud and clear but say nothing

hibbie02
10-03-2024, 09:04 PM
Only 10,000 tickets sold for our biggest game of the season shows that the boycott has already started.

Exactly. Now is the time to make it LOUD and clear, that it will get worse without action. It shouldn’t take long for the penny to drop. One match with the threat of no home fans will get their attention.

mcohibs
10-03-2024, 09:08 PM
Irony of folk who didn’t attend tonight asking Hibs to take a further financial hit by cutting away allocations. Ain’t gonna happen until more of our own fans can be arsed going.

magnificent_seven
10-03-2024, 09:09 PM
It's time we turn our words into action. We're not just fans; we're part of a club known for setting precedents, for being pioneers in Scottish football. Now, it's our turn to lead.

The chants we heard tonight were abhorrent. Disgusting. Targeting one of our own - Martin Boyle, during his time of vulnerability, shouting sectarian abuse at him whilst he was stretchered off, motionless and with an oxygen mask on. This is a stark reminder of why we must act. It's not just about one game; it's about protecting the values we hold dear, ensuring Easter Road remains a sanctuary for respect and unity.

Let's flood the club with letters and emails demanding an indefinite ban on Rangers fans at Easter Road. While we may not have Mr. Kensell's direct email, we can send our messages to the generic club email or the postal address at Easter Road - any email addresses or contacts that people have which would be beneficial - please share.

Every communication counts. Make sure to express why this is crucial, not just for us, but for the integrity of the club and the example we set. We need to take the bold move to put integrity above revenue.

This isn't just about reacting to one incident; it's about setting a standard, about saying that we, as a club, will not tolerate hatred and bigotry. Let's remind everyone why Hibs is a club of firsts. We were the first to play under floodlights, the first Scottish club to be listed on the stock market, the first to play in European competition, and now, we can be the first to take a stand against sectarianism in this manner.

Tonight is the final straw for me. Why should we have to tolerate this nonsense, every single time Rangers are in town. The governing bodies choose to blissfully ignore this behaviour time after time and I personally don’t want to do that anymore. And whilst nothing is ever done by the SFA or called out by the mainstream media - this is something that we can control. Our supporters deserve better, our players deserve better and the club as a whole deserves better.

Let's do this for our club, for Martin Boyle, and for every player and fan who believes in the power of football to bring people together, not tear them apart. Your letter, your voice, can make a difference. Let's be the change we want to see for our club and for Scottish Football as a whole.

Real Emerald
10-03-2024, 09:09 PM
It’s about time Hibs grew a pair and tackles this. I’ve put up with it for many years but they’ve now found more ways to cheat us. My ST is starting to look like a total waste of time and money as we’re beat before the season has begun. Disgusting cheating against us every week, shocking stuff.

TheGreenMan
10-03-2024, 09:10 PM

Add a 'No Huns' 'add on' option tick box to new ST purchases for £30 and add release count updates, build momentum and get everyone involved. 8000 people needed to cover the cost of 2 fixtures, less police costs. Easy. Cover the costs ourselves and get them to ****

magnificent_seven
10-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Irony of folk who didn’t attend tonight asking Hibs to take a further financial hit by cutting away allocations. Ain’t gonna happen until more of our own fans can be arsed going.

It's a valid point that the club relies on every penny, especially from matchday revenues. However, I think it's essential to consider the long-term impact and the message we send about our club's values and the environment we create at Easter Road.

While it's true that not everyone can attend every match, the severity of the issue goes beyond just attendance numbers. It's about taking a stand against behaviour that goes against everything Hibernian stands for. We're talking about creating a safe and welcoming atmosphere for everyone, which could, in turn, encourage more of our fans to attend regularly.

Also, it's worth considering the potential for this move to set a precedent in Scottish football, showcasing Hibernian's commitment to a higher standard of fan behavior and respect within the stadium. This could resonate well beyond our own fan base and positively impact the club's reputation and appeal.

In essence, while the financial aspect cannot be ignored, the value of our club's integrity and the well-being of our players and fans should be paramount. It's not just about the here and now but about the kind of club we want to be in the future.

Stuart93
10-03-2024, 09:13 PM
Nothing will be said or done.

Then it’ll happen all over again against one of the uglies.

Then it’ll get forgotten about again.

Rinse & repeat.

It’s all getting really boring to be honest. I’ve found this season in particular really bad for it. The official are the worst I can remember in a long time.

SteveHFC
10-03-2024, 09:18 PM
:top marks

It's time we turn our words into action. We're not just fans; we're part of a club known for setting precedents, for being pioneers in Scottish football. Now, it's our turn to lead.

The chants we heard tonight were abhorrent. Disgusting. Targeting one of our own - Martin Boyle, during his time of vulnerability, shouting sectarian abuse at him whilst he was stretchered off, motionless and with an oxygen mask on. This is a stark reminder of why we must act. It's not just about one game; it's about protecting the values we hold dear, ensuring Easter Road remains a sanctuary for respect and unity.

Let's flood the club with letters and emails demanding an indefinite ban on Rangers fans at Easter Road. While we may not have Mr. Kensell's direct email, we can send our messages to the generic club email or the postal address at Easter Road - any email addresses or contacts that people have which would be beneficial - please share.

Every communication counts. Make sure to express why this is crucial, not just for us, but for the integrity of the club and the example we set. We need to take the bold move to put integrity above revenue.

This isn't just about reacting to one incident; it's about setting a standard, about saying that we, as a club, will not tolerate hatred and bigotry. Let's remind everyone why Hibs is a club of firsts. We were the first to play under floodlights, the first Scottish club to be listed on the stock market, the first to play in European competition, and now, we can be the first to take a stand against sectarianism in this manner.

Tonight is the final straw for me. Why should we have to tolerate this nonsense, every single time Rangers are in town. The governing bodies choose to blissfully ignore this behaviour time after time and I personally don’t want to do that anymore. And whilst nothing is ever done by the SFA or called out by the mainstream media - this is something that we can control. Our supporters deserve better, our players deserve better and the club as a whole deserves better.

Let's do this for our club, for Martin Boyle, and for every player and fan who believes in the power of football to bring people together, not tear them apart. Your letter, your voice, can make a difference. Let's be the change we want to see for our club and for Scottish Football as a whole.

HibbyKeith

likewise! I'd pay it in advance for both games. We should have done something about it after the Ron Gordon tribute, When will enough be enough?

There was about a four day media inquest into the idiotic minority at Tynie who threw items on to the pitch, they all deserve a ban and I'm not condoning it. (another item thrown on to the pitch again tonight at the FF end, no doubt will be in McLeans match report as he handed it to the fourth official. when will they learn it's only hurting the club?!)

Then thinking back to Dundee Utd away a season or so ago, when tv cameras picked up a single racial slur, (again not condoning it) there was "audio experts" trying to identify what section of the ground it originated from and it was all over main stream news outlets. However, cut to tonight where 4k of them were singing their sectarian bile AGAIN! Nothing will be said by either the club or the media.

It's F****ng disgusting.

magnificent_seven
Nothing will be said or done.

Then it’ll happen all over again against one of the uglies.

Then it’ll get forgotten about again.

Rinse & repeat.

It’s all getting really boring to be honest. I’ve found this season in particular really bad for it. The official are the worst I can remember in a long time.

Every movement for change starts with individuals and small groups who refuse to accept the status quo. If we collectively raise our voices, persist in our demands, and hold the club and the authorities accountable, we can initiate change.

Helensburghhibs
10-03-2024, 09:19 PM

Have to say, great post. It's actually affecting my boy wanting to go to these games now. Unfortunately I don't trust our club to stop them getting their hands on home tickets or be dealt with properly when they do.

For info though. The email address your after is [email protected]

Pagan Hibernia
10-03-2024, 09:27 PM
likewise! I'd pay it in advance for both games. We should have done something about it after the Ron Gordon tribute, When will enough be enough?

There was about a four day media inquest into the idiotic minority at Tynie who threw items on to the pitch, they all deserve a ban and I'm not condoning it. (another item thrown on to the pitch again tonight at the FF end, no doubt will be in McLeans match report as he handed it to the fourth official. when will they learn it's only hurting the club?!)

Then thinking back to Dundee Utd away a season or so ago, when tv cameras picked up a single racial slur, (again not condoning it) there was "audio experts" trying to identify what section of the ground it originated from and it was all over main stream news outlets. However, cut to tonight where 4k of them were singing their sectarian bile AGAIN! Nothing will be said by either the club or the media.

It's F****ng disgusting.

Fact is, the powers that be, the media, and tbh society in general, doesn't have the same stance on sectarianism as it does with racism. They are not viewed as the same thing and they probably never will be. Sad but true.

You're right, it is absolutely disgusting, and I'm another who would pay extra if it meant restricting that poison

magnificent_seven
10-03-2024, 09:28 PM
Have to say, great post. It's actually affecting my boy wanting to go to these games now. Unfortunately I don't trust our club to stop them getting their hands on home tickets or be dealt with properly when they do.

Thank you. It's gutting to hear it's affecting your boy - this isn't what football is about. Nobody, especially children, should be made to listen to that crap 2/3 times a season.

My email is out to Kensell. I'm pushing for all of us to do the same. They need to see we're serious, and we won't back down until something's done. If enough people speak up then they will have to listen and respond.

If anyone is struggling to put the words together - PM me and I can help.

Libby Hibby
10-03-2024, 09:33 PM

Email sent.

Cat Stanton
10-03-2024, 09:34 PM

Well said. I will write in the morning. I'm not naive, and I have few expectations. But everyone on this thread saying "enough" should act - write, email, social media, or whatever. We need some sort of action against this horror.

Rob
10-03-2024, 10:20 PM
That figure would be offset by any increase in Hibs fans attending the games. Home games against the OF are always pretty much sell outs and even if we only filled half of the stand in their absence, that would half your estimate of lost income. I personally think we'd do better than that, the idea of going to a home game against the huns without having to put up with their ****my sectarian bile has a lot of appeal.

Pagan Hibernia
10-03-2024, 10:24 PM
That figure would be offset by any increase in Hibs fans attending the games. Home games against the OF are always pretty much sell outs and even if we only filled half of the stand in their absence, that would half your estimate of lost income. I personally think we'd do better than that, the idea of going to a home game against the huns without having to put up with their ****my sectarian bile has a lot of appeal.

You sure about that?

Helensburghhibs
10-03-2024, 10:30 PM
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeyExtPq/
Rangers account providing some evidence via rangers TV that may interest kensall

One Day Soon
10-03-2024, 10:31 PM
Nick Montgomery: “"The officials had a bit of a bad day today, but everybody can have a bad day."

I’m really pissed off by this. We are being routinely cheated, literally, week in and week out. It’s costing us points and it’s cost us the very limited chance of silverware we had. Responding in this way is weak as piss. As I posted elsewhere on the match thread, I cannot imagine Eddie Turnbull taking this crap so meekly.

Our club desperately needs leadership and steel.

cubehindthegoal
10-03-2024, 10:42 PM
I take it Jim doesn’t really want to work in the Scottish media in future then?

Be cool though if one day you could speak the truth and still be allowed to work in the Scottish Media. Too much to ask as it stands, clearly.

cubehindthegoal
10-03-2024, 10:48 PM
I don't remember him saying anything when he was front and centre on the TV.

Another one who gave it tacit approval for years and now calling it out because his career is over.

Coward.

That may be true he didn’t back then … but don’t decry people for speaking the truth against a majority when they do … if you do that, then you kill all hopes of truth and whistleblowers (I’m not saying he is, obv, but that he is saying the truth) … some people who took years to speak out against wrong, had good reasons not to … do you know what that may be in this case ?

cubehindthegoal
10-03-2024, 10:59 PM
Nick Montgomery: “"The officials had a bit of a bad day today, but everybody can have a bad day."

I’m really pissed off by this. We are being routinely cheated, literally, week in and week out. It’s costing us points and it’s cost us the very limited chance of silverware we had. Responding in this way is weak as piss. As I posted elsewhere on the match thread, I cannot imagine Eddie Turnbull taking this crap so meekly.

I get your frustration. Totally. But I can only hope the board have directed him to play it low key (and I know that is maybe frustrating also) and are looking at what to do long term. I so hope so. I can’t help but feel that isn’t what he would want to say after that tonight, and the past few weeks. He’s not dishonest nor is he dispassionate.

I hope - for the sake of truth - we are tackling this behind the scenes, and forming a strategy to combat this corruption. I think we might be.

One Day Soon
10-03-2024, 11:05 PM
I get your frustration. Totally. But I can only hope the board have directed him to play it low key (and I know that is maybe frustrating also) and are looking at what to do long term. I so hope so. I can’t help but feel that isn’t what he would want to say after that tonight, and the past few weeks. He’s not dishonest nor is he dispassionate.

I hope - for the sake of truth - we are tackling this behind the scenes, and forming a strategy to combat this corruption. I think we might be.

This is not something you can behind the scenes manage away. We have to publicly call out what is routinely happening with VAR and refereeing more generally. We have to call out the sectarianism. There’s a role there for the manager and another for the CE.

Leadership is something the fans, the players and the media need to be shown. At the moment it looks like we lie down to whatever is done to us.

pacorosssco
11-03-2024, 12:01 AM
In England recently fans have been charged individually for for offences highlighted by media. If you sing these words to your colleague at work you are in trouble. Sfa are part of problem

cubehindthegoal
11-03-2024, 12:07 AM
This is not something you can behind the scenes manage away. We have to publicly call out what is routinely happening with VAR and refereeing more generally. We have to call out the sectarianism. There’s a role there for the manager and another for the CE.

Leadership is something the fans, the players and the media need to be shown. At the moment it looks like we lie down to whatever is done to us.

I would agree .. but I mean I hope that’s what’s happening … and it won’t just be managed away. Maybe I didn’t make that clear, but I hope it is a reflection of them sitting back and saying … ok, we see it, how do we tackle it … change it. It might not be, in which case I’m a bit in two minds why Monty would not say what I think he feels. He wouldn’t hold back, I think … unless .. 🤔

1875godsgift
11-03-2024, 12:12 AM

You've chosen one soundbite out of his full interview.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for John Lundstram. He’s a top, top player. But I thought the way he went down, Nathan didn’t catch him.

“I’ve seen that one back and he’s gone across him to try to block him playing a ball down the line, probably knock it out for a throw-in. But John has gone down.

“And the referee was very quick to give the card. To be honest, I was really surprised he didn’t go to the VAR monitor to have a look, considering it was three metres from where the incident happened. There’s just sometimes a bit of inconsistency, looking at decisions.”

Commenting on the penalty that led to Rangers’ opener, Montgomery added: “We can talk about whether it’s a penalty or whether it’s not a penalty. A couple of weeks ago, against Celtic, we had the exact same incident with Martin Boyle – a quick winger running inside, the fullback chasing, any contact … but Martin gets a yellow card, and we get a penalty given against us today.

“You see incidents like that - and it does just baffle you at times. Obviously, he’s slowed down to initiate the contact from Jordan. I can’t say whether it was or wasn’t a penalty – but it wasn’t a penalty for us a few weeks ago and it was a penalty tonight. That’s disappointing.

“The officials probably had a bit of a bad day today, to be honest. But we all have bad days.

“There’s no point in speaking to them. I think we’ve had a lot of calls go against us the last couple of weeks, and one or two apologies, but there’s no point in speaking to them today. It’s not going to change anything."

Greensunshine
11-03-2024, 12:15 AM
I’m not one for banning away supporters. One of the things that makes football so exciting is having two sets of supporters even if one set are knuckle dragging bigots!

I don’t care about what they sing. I only care about us beating them were it counts, on the park!

andrew_dundee
11-03-2024, 12:16 AM
I assume Monty is holding back to avoid a touchline ban, and with two must-win matches this week it's probably the least bad option.

The refereeing was an utter disgrace and he shouldn't be allowed to step foot on a pitch again after that "performance" but Monty being suspended doesn't help with that.

I thought in interviews he was alright, on the Hibs TV one he keeps referring to how he has to be careful and can't say everything he wants to etc and it's obvious why.

HoboHarry
11-03-2024, 12:19 AM
In England recently fans have been charged individually for for offences highlighted by media. If you sing these words to your colleague at work you are in trouble. Sfa are part of problem
It was the clubs themselves who voted against strict liability - the SFA have no power to act. It's up to the law to deal with it but as we all know they'll turn a blind eye.

cubehindthegoal
11-03-2024, 12:25 AM

It's F****ng disgusting.

We should set up a fund to pay for it ourselves. Tell our club we will donate it when they ban their bile from Easter Road. Hibs will then not lose a penny, and
liked make more as some fans who avoid it will come back.

cubehindthegoal
11-03-2024, 12:30 AM

“I’ve got a lot of respect for John Lundstram. He’s a top, top player. But I thought the way he went down, Nathan didn’t catch him.

“I’ve seen that one back and he’s gone across him to try to block him playing a ball down the line, probably knock it out for a throw-in. But John has gone down.

“And the referee was very quick to give the card. To be honest, I was really surprised he didn’t go to the VAR monitor to have a look, considering it was three metres from where the incident happened. There’s just sometimes a bit of inconsistency, looking at decisions.”

Commenting on the penalty that led to Rangers’ opener, Montgomery added: “We can talk about whether it’s a penalty or whether it’s not a penalty. A couple of weeks ago, against Celtic, we had the exact same incident with Martin Boyle – a quick winger running inside, the fullback chasing, any contact … but Martin gets a yellow card, and we get a penalty given against us today.

“You see incidents like that - and it does just baffle you at times. Obviously, he’s slowed down to initiate the contact from Jordan. I can’t say whether it was or wasn’t a penalty – but it wasn’t a penalty for us a few weeks ago and it was a penalty tonight. That’s disappointing.

“The officials probably had a bit of a bad day today, to be honest. But we all have bad days.

“There’s no point in speaking to them. I think we’ve had a lot of calls go against us the last couple of weeks, and one or two apologies, but there’s no point in speaking to them today. It’s not going to change anything."

Well that’s an interesting choice that was made … I missed the interview … totally different perspective from the soundbite, as you say ..

Hermit Crab
11-03-2024, 02:35 AM
You can’t cut allocations for cup games as away teams are entitled to 20% of the stadium capacity where segregation allows, but theres nothing to stop us doing it for league games. If it means us getting nothing at Ibrox then fine. I’ll take that.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2024, 02:42 AM
I’m not one for banning away supporters. One of the things that makes football so exciting is having two sets of supporters even if one set are knuckle dragging bigots!

I don’t care about what they sing. I only care about us beating them were it counts, on the park!

That’s some take pal, you might not care what they sing but plenty others do. Parents don’t want their kids to have to listen to that. Should we just accept that 3800 rangers fans can sing about murdering catholics every time they come to ER as long as we beat them? These songs are nothing to with football and they should be called out for it but the ***** bag SFA don’t have the balls to do it because the whole of Scottish football is corrupt. We should call them out on it and if they visit us again in the league (which they are due to do if we make the top 6), then they should definitely have their allocation removed completely or at the very least restrict them to the upper tier only.

The Captain....
11-03-2024, 05:37 AM
Ban Rangers fans from ER now. Then hopefully other teams in the league would find a backbone and ban them as well. They are a poison in society, absolute backwards **** living in another century who need standing up to. We should also be reporting the officials and VAR operators from last night.

Embarrass the SFA by being as public as possible about the institutional dishonesty of our officials. We are playing in a totally rigged system under a corrupt association.

What's even the point anymore...the cheating is so endemic.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
11-03-2024, 06:02 AM
We said nothing when they disrupted the remembrance for Ron and I suspect we’ll say nothing again tonight. Pathetic

Exactly.

That was the time to act.

As always Hibs miss the opportunity.

Fans are now boycotting these games and getting annoyed with Hibs as we are too soft and don’t act.

Doesn’t really feel like how a football fan should feel attending their home stadium but here we are.

scm70nyd1973
11-03-2024, 06:21 AM
We are always hearing in the Scottish news about how truly awful it is when Emergency Services staff are abused in hospitals and out and about when they are going about their vital business.

I’m not sure if it is a specific offence to perpetrate such abuse to be honest.

So here we have emergency staff going about their business and are effectively getting abused - so where is the media outcry now I ask.

AngloHibs
11-03-2024, 06:23 AM
I'll probably get shot down in flames here, but I'm not one for conspiracy theories and such like.
If the system really is rigged in favour of the Old Firm, how have Hearts managed to beat Celtic home and away with 2 clean sheets?

Chorley Hibee
11-03-2024, 06:24 AM
Exactly.

That was the time to act.

As always Hibs miss the opportunity.

Fans are now boycotting these games and getting annoyed with Hibs as we are too soft and don’t act.

Doesn’t really feel like how a football fan should feel attending their home stadium but here we are.

Only last week, the Police, and Hibs, banned at least one individual for having pyro OUTSIDE Tynecastle.

Let's see if they're both as quick to act upon this.

I won't hold my breath.

hibsbollah
11-03-2024, 06:28 AM
I'll probably get shot down in flames here, but I'm not one for conspiracy theories and such like.
If the system really is rigged in favour of the Old Firm, how have Hearts managed to beat Celtic home and away with 2 clean sheets?

You’re on the wrong thread.
Unless you think the ‘singing’ at a prone Boyle is a conspiracy and a product of our imaginations.

Kato
11-03-2024, 06:29 AM
If the system really is rigged in favour of the Old Firm, how have Hearts managed to beat Celtic home and away with 2 clean sheets?What system?

scm70nyd1973
11-03-2024, 06:39 AM
Apart from a ban or a reduction in numbers if that is the best we can do,then at the very least we need to be doing something about locking these fans in after a game so our fans at a HOME GAME can get away from the ground.

Make it difficult and as unpleasant as it can be for these types of (in the main)undesirable people to visit our home - yes our home.

My daughter and many others have to take a major detour to get back to her flat which would ordinarily take her just a few minutes.

Kato
11-03-2024, 06:42 AM
Apart from a ban we need to be doing something about locking these fans in after a game so our fans at a HOME GAME can get away from the ground.

My daughter and many others have to take a major detour to get back to her flat which would ordinarily take her just a few minutes.They'd just smash up more seats. As a collective they are the weirdest, worst support in the world who would do anything to appear vile. As individuals they are inadequate cowards.

Pretty Boy
In some alternate universe if Nathan Moriah Welsh had been injured last night and Rangers fans had sung about him dying a 'black *******' what do you think the reaction would have been? My reaction is certainly different because I felt far more uncomfortable typing that than I do 'fenian *******' because the latter is so normalised.

Would there have been the usual radio silence from the club? Would fans have given it the insipid 'I don't know/care what they sing'? Would people have argued 'we can't afford to cut their allocation'? Would there have been complete media silence beyond a couple of has been pundits on Twitter mentioning it and getting shouted down by the mob?

It's a weird and totally unacceptable quirk in Scotland that anti Catholic bigotry and anti Irish xenophobia are just part and parcel of every day life. A small local campaign recently stopped an orange march taking place in Stonehaven and good on the locals. Just imagine that had been a march deemed Islamophobic or anti Semitic for a moment though. It wouldn't have been a small, local campaign. It would have been all kinds of groups and individuals nationwide screaming from the rooftops, threatening counter protests and politicians of every shade weighing in with their two pennies. These anti Catholic marches are just normalised though, they pass off every year with almost no counter protests (beyond small groups of RCs standing silently outside their churches to show they won't be intimidated). Politicians don't care and 1 or 2 even openly support them (Murdo Fraser I'm looking at you).

There are plenty people queuing up to tell you how progressive, welcoming and forward thinking Scotland is; how much better we are than England because we don't have a racism problem and we are 'aw Jaock Tamson's bairns here' and other saccharine drivel. Try telling that to Neil Lennon, Paddy McCourt, Niall McGinn, Paul McBride, Trish Godman et al. I'm sure those bullets in the post made them feel really welcome and included. The problem won't be tackled because too many people either don't accept there is a problem and even more don't care. Catholics and those of Irish descent are fair game; 'plastic paddies', 'not really Scottish' etc etc.

When it comes to football we are just a part of the societal problem. Make a totally despicable sticker about a stadium disaster and you will be all over the paper for a week, shout something racist and you'll have private detectives poring over audio footage for months trying to isolate the sound and catch you (and in both instance quite right too). Sing about someone dying a fenian *******? Aye cool, nothing to see here. It's pay to hate. Hibs will do nothing because the money matters more than any morality. There will be whataboutery, false equivalence and a whole load of other excuses trotted out by fans that dampens the initial anger then it all gets quietly forgotten about until the next time we play them and we repeat the process.

It's as pathetic as it is infuriating.

Aldo
They'd just smash up more seats. As a collective they are the weirdest, worst support in the world who would do anything to appear vile. As individuals they are inadequate cowards.

But always the victim!

percy veer
11-03-2024, 06:46 AM
It would be magic if we got into the top six , last game of the season rangers at home and they are still in with a chance, pull the guarentee safety card no away fans

scm70nyd1973
11-03-2024, 06:46 AM
They'd just smash up more seats. As a collective they are the weirdest, worst support in the world who would do anything to appear vile. As individuals they are inadequate cowards.

That would be even better.

Small number to concentrate the cameras on and embarrass them and the club in public as well as getting a few fined/banned.

And Rangers have to pay for any damage as per the agreement in place already .

Kato
11-03-2024, 06:50 AM
That would be even better.

Small number to concentrate the cameras on and embarrass them and the club in public as well as getting a few fined/banned.

And Rangers have to pay for any damage as per the agreement in place already .When have cameras ever picked them out?

Smartie
11-03-2024, 07:07 AM
In some alternate universe if Nathan Moriah Welsh had been injured last night and Rangers fans had sung about him dying a 'black *******' what do you think the reaction would have been? My reaction is certainly different because I felt far more uncomfortable typing that than I do 'fenian *******' because the latter is so normalised.

Would there have been the usual radio silence from the club? Would fans have given it the insipid 'I don't know/care what they sing'? Would people have argued 'we can't afford to cut their allocation'? Would there have been complete media silence beyond a couple of has been pundits on Twitter mentioning it and getting shouted down by the mob?

It's a weird and totally unacceptable quirk in Scotland that anti Catholic bigotry and anti Irish xenophobia are just part and parcel of every day life. A small local campaign recently stopped an orange march taking place in Stonehaven and good on the locals. Just imagine that had been a march deemed Islamophobic or anti Semitic for a moment though. It wouldn't have been a small, local campaign. It would have been all kinds of groups and individuals nationwide screaming from the rooftops, threatening counter protests and politicians of every shade weighing in with their two pennies. These anti Catholic marches are just normalised though, they pass off every year with almost no counter protests (beyond small groups of RCs standing silently outside their churches to show they won't be intimidated). Politicians don't care and 1 or 2 even openly support them (Murdo Fraser I'm looking at you).

There are plenty people queuing up to tell you how progressive, welcoming and forward thinking Scotland is; how much better we are than England because we don't have a racism problem and we are 'aw Jaock Tamson's bairns here' and other saccharine drivel. Try telling that to Neil Lennon, Paddy McCourt, Niall McGinn, Paul McBride, Trish Godman et al. I'm sure those bullets in the post made them feel really welcome and included. The problem won't be tackled because too many people either don't accept there is a problem and even more don't care. Catholics and those of Irish descent are fair game; 'plastic paddies', 'not really Scottish' etc etc.

When it comes to football we are just a part of the societal problem. Make a totally despicable sticker about a stadium disaster and you will be all over the paper for a week, shout something racist and you'll have private detectives poring over audio footage for months trying to isolate the sound and catch you (and in both instance quite right too). Sing about someone dying a fenian *******? Aye cool, nothing to see here. It's pay to hate. Hibs will do nothing because the money matters more than any morality. There will be whataboutery, false equivalence and a whole load of other excuses trotted out by fans that dampens the initial anger then it all gets quietly forgotten about until the next time we play them and we repeat the process.

Outstanding post.

Sadly, the easiest answer for most who object to it is to stay away - which is pretty much what I’ve ended up doing. Being a paying customer at a night like last night jars with my idea of the world I want my kids growing up in so I’m just not going to be part of it any more.

Real Emerald
11-03-2024, 07:14 AM

Hearts got the decisions against Celtic to help Rangers the other night. Convinced of that.

AngloHibs
11-03-2024, 07:23 AM
You’re on the wrong thread.
Unless you think the ‘singing’ at a prone Boyle is a conspiracy and a product of our imaginations.

Why am I on the wrong thread? I was responding to the multiple comments about the apparent rigging of refereeing in favour of the Old Firm.
While distasteful, I can't get too upset about nasty chants towards an injured player. I couldn't even make out the words until I read the gist on here from other Hibs fans, and I suspect that's the same for most of us. Football fans have always shouted things to noise up the opposition, and this is just another example.
As for sectarian chanting, again, it's difficult to even make out the words without knowing what is being sung in the first place. It seems clear though, and this has been said many times in many places, that football is merely a channel for the expression of lingering sectarian sentiment in Scotland generally. The scale of it surprised me when I started attending games in Scotland, as I had never been aware of widespread sectarianism in England despite having attended hundreds of games all over the country.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2024, 07:26 AM
They give us 900 tickets for Ibrox, we should do the same, top right of the upper tier and that should be their lot. If they still sing their pish then next season they get nothing.

scm70nyd1973
11-03-2024, 07:27 AM
When have cameras ever picked them out?

True - difficult when there are 3,000 of them but a bit easier when there is 250 or less.

I’m minded to offer them 100 tickets, with a full body search pre entry and kept back until 30 mins after the game 😁

Smartie
11-03-2024, 07:30 AM
They give us 900 tickets for Ibrox, we should do the same, top right of the upper tier and that should be their lot. If they still sing their pish then next season they get nothing.

If our ground is about 40% the size of theirs, we should give them 40% of that amount.

And run a high profile campaign to get Hibs fans to buy the remaining tickets that would have been sold to Rangers fans - and state loudly and proudly why we’re needing to do this, that in 21st century Scotland we won’t be inviting racists into our home any more.

AngloHibs
11-03-2024, 07:30 AM
Hearts got the decisions against Celtic to help Rangers the other night. Convinced of that.

Really? Many pundits suggested that Celtic's penalty was actually a foul the other way.

scm70nyd1973
11-03-2024, 07:31 AM

Typo there HC - only one 0 required for their share 🤭

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2024, 07:33 AM

Couldn't agree more. Until they behave, they get things taken off them. Like naughty kids.

.Sean.
11-03-2024, 07:35 AM
Wonder if it’ll be good old Hibs and more radio silence today then? Can’t be seen to upset Rangers can we.

I thought the Huns could probably sink no lower after the RG incident but last night was actually worse. Does Kensell and the rest of the pussies on the board no realise they are part of the problem by continually keeping their traps shut? Imagine going through your life allowing yourself to be bullied and abused and doing nothing, an embarrassment really.

We get absolutely **** ALL from refs when we play them anyway so not like we’ll be any worse off there if we call the refs ‘performance’ out, and we get next to no tickets at Ibrox so who cares if they pull our allocation.

As for folk greeting about losing money every time we play Rangers (and to a lesser extent Celtic) if we cut their allocation you’re putting a price on allowing sectarianism. And that’s before the boost they get of having a full, boisterous end. And btw last night was a joke, couldn’t even see the stairways in parts so quite clearly they’re still doubling up.

Grow a backbone and STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES HIBS. How many times

Pretty Boy
11-03-2024, 07:38 AM
If our ground is about 40% the size of theirs, we should give them 40% of that amount.

And run a high profile campaign to get Hibs fans to buy the remaining tickets that would have been sold to Rangers fans - and state loudly and proudly why we’re needing to do this, that in 21st century Scotland we won’t be inviting racists into our home any more.

The other alternative, probably much less palatable, would be for Hibs fans to stay away en masse.

Make it a TV game so 3 empty stands are very visible and impossible for the commentators not to mention. Hibs would be forced to say or do something as well. Maybe get a few people to go along just to lay an anti sectarianism banner in the east right in line with the cameras.

Hibs still have the ST money and you could ask people to donate a few pound to a fund to cover the walk up shortfall so there is no financial hit. Organise events for people to watch together in the Hibs club, local pubs and such like so they all see a benefit as well.

Probably pie in the sky as you will never get enough people agreeing to make it work but it would have quite the visual impact.

scm70nyd1973
11-03-2024, 07:45 AM
Lots of suggestions about what to do which is great 😁

But we really really need to actually do something anything - just act and when I say we I mean the Club.

Ron Gordon’s family must have been horrified at the Huns’ behaviour that night - you would really have expected them to sell up and leave after that 😡

DaveF
11-03-2024, 07:49 AM
The other alternative, probably much less palatable, would be for Hibs fans to stay away en masse.

Make it a TV game so 3 empty stands are very visible and impossible for the commentators not to mention. Hibs would be forced to say or do something as well. Maybe get a few people to go along just to lay an anti sectarianism banner in the east right in line with the cameras.

Hibs still have the ST money and you could ask people to donate a few pound to a fund to cover the walk up shortfall so there is no financial hit. Organise events for people to watch together in the Hibs club, local pubs and such like so they all see a benefit as well.

Probably pie in the sky as you will never get enough people agreeing to make it work but it would have quite the visual impact.

I've more or less made that decision myself. Last night will most likely be the last game I'll watch against either of those 2 clubs - I'm just not willing to be a part of it anymore.

Brizo
11-03-2024, 07:50 AM

Excellent post PB :top marks

Anyone in the media who does talk out about it such as Spiers and Jim Spence on the BBC find themselves out of the BBC pretty sharpish. That says all about the influence the huns have over our national media and our police and politicians who collectively have done nothing tangible about the rampant anti-Irish Catholic racism which pollutes every game The Rangers are involved in.

Hibs will do nothing about it because they will get zero support from the media, politicians, or police. They'll get zero support from Celtic either who rely on the mutual OF hatred to fill their stands.

The last Hibs Chairman to call out the Huns was Tom Hart in the 70s and even then it was to do with on-field decisions and nothing to do with their songbook or their sectarian signing policy of the time. It might take American owners to address a Scottish problem but as the Gordon ownership have so far only paid lip service to the problem I have my doubts that a Gordon / Foley ownership will do anything.

B.H.F.C
11-03-2024, 07:52 AM
Remember earlier in the season at Ibrox, they had a statement out (fairly) within an hour of the game about some stickers left on seats etc. I’d be astounded if we have the balls to do anything similar. Thousands of them wishing death on your player, who is on a stretcher and on oxygen at the time, is beyond bad though.

I’ve never really bought in to the whole thing about banning supports and so on and I can’t really be bothered with the whole tit for tat ***** that it’ll cause. We’d undoubtedly come out of it worse because they have so many sympathisers in the media and within the governing bodies. But it might just do something to unite our own fan base with the club. We can’t just stand back and continue to watch this now.

GreenCastle
11-03-2024, 08:16 AM
I've more or less made that decision myself. Last night will most likely be the last game I'll watch against either of those 2 clubs - I'm just not willing to be a part of it anymore.

Folk were getting ripped for it on the ticket thread for the game but sadly nothing will change until the club realise the affect it’s having on our own fan base.

Many fans just don’t enjoy old firm games any more for various reasons. Not just the score lines but the general atmosphere.

The occasional game at Hampden like the 3-0 Boyle win and cup final win are obviously different but at your own stadium fans are taking for granted in these games and we are making it as comfortable as possible for them to visit. Completely giving up any home advantage and nearly feels like an away game on your door step.

Jones28
11-03-2024, 08:27 AM

Not sure about that being totally out of the question PB, it's much easier to persuade fans not to attend a game than to attend it IMO.

A collective fans statement, the involvement of Nil By Mouth (if they're still bothering) and making a *****load of noise before the game would be a great way to highlight the behaviour not only of their fans but to highlight to our board that we are no longer tolerant of it being deemed acceptable by the club.

Jones28
11-03-2024, 08:30 AM
I've sent the following to Ben K, and am forwarding it on to Keiran Power too. The more voices the speak out about it the better.

Dear Ben,

Just over a year ago the Hibernian family lost our dearly departed chairman far too soon. The fixture with which we commemorated Ron just so happened to be against last nights opponents. We as fans had to try to pay tribute to Ron Gordon while 3,500 Rangers supporters did their absolute best to ruin what should have been as poignant a rendition of Sunshine on Leith as there has ever been.

The images of Iain and Kit standing there whilst having to listen to Rangers fans' bile is something that fills me with sadness for them, and I still cannot believe the club did nothing about it.

Last night Martin Boyle was laid out prone and was subjected to a dreadful rendition of a song implying he had died on the pitch. This sung with gusto by the visiting fans in what could be described as distasteful at best. As far as I'm aware his wife was present, his children may have even been there too.

If these incidences were one off's I could perhaps understand the stance of the club as to keep communication and actions behind closed doors. I have no doubt you've been in communication with your counterparts at Rangers and you have agreements in about damage etc. However, Rangers and Celtic fans routinely come to Easter Road and are allowed to sing the songs they both sing about famines, wars, religion and hatred without any punishment I and many of my fellow fans are sick of it.

I want their allocations both cut down to the same seats as we receive at Ibrox and Celtic Park. Take a leaf out of our neighbours book - the first and only time I'll say that - and cut them back. If the South Stand is left 3/4's empty I couldn't care less, and with the additional investment from the Black Knights Group and Bill Foley the economic argument holds less weight than ever before.

Cut them both, make Easter Road OUR home again, give them as little as possible and take a stand against hatred in Scottish football. And lets make a bit of noise about not just what we are doing, but why we are doing it.

JohnM1875
11-03-2024, 08:35 AM
I've sent the following to Ben K, and am forwarding it on to Keiran Power too. The more voices the speak out about it the better.

Dear Ben,

Just over a year ago the Hibernian family lost our dearly departed chairman far too soon. The fixture with which we commemorated Ron just so happened to be against last nights opponents. We as fans had to try to pay tribute to Ron Gordon while 3,500 Rangers supporters did their absolute best to ruin what should have been as poignant a rendition of Sunshine on Leith as there has ever been.

The images of Iain and Kit standing there whilst having to listen to Rangers fans' bile is something that fills me with sadness for them, and I still cannot believe the club did nothing about it.

Last night Martin Boyle was laid out prone and was subjected to a dreadful rendition of a song implying he had died on the pitch. This sung with gusto by the visiting fans in what could be described as distasteful at best. As far as I'm aware his wife was present, his children may have even been there too.

If these incidences were one off's I could perhaps understand the stance of the club as to keep communication and actions behind closed doors. I have no doubt you've been in communication with your counterparts at Rangers and you have agreements in about damage etc. However, Rangers and Celtic fans routinely come to Easter Road and are allowed to sing the songs they both sing about famines, wars, religion and hatred without any punishment I and many of my fellow fans are sick of it.

I want their allocations both cut down to the same seats as we receive at Ibrox and Celtic Park. Take a leaf out of our neighbours book - the first and only time I'll say that - and cut them back. If the South Stand is left 3/4's empty I couldn't care less, and with the additional investment from the Black Knights Group and Bill Foley the economic argument holds less weight than ever before.

Cut them both, make Easter Road OUR home again, give them as little as possible and take a stand against hatred in Scottish football. And lets make a bit of noise about not just what we are doing, but why we are doing it.

You'll get a bog standard reply from Ben or Malcolm McPherson.

Made it clear to me they care more about the loss of income over anything else when I emailed after the RG game last year.

Jones28
11-03-2024, 08:39 AM
You'll get a bog standard reply from Ben or Malcolm McPherson.

Made it clear to me they care more about the loss of income over anything else when I emailed after the RG game last year.

Circumstances have significantly shifted since then.

I'll post the reply if I get one.

Mcbizz1998
11-03-2024, 09:50 AM

By that logic, nobody would ever beat either of them, ever.

gbhibby
11-03-2024, 09:58 AM
Can you imagine the press coverage if we had sung a song about the Rangers fan who died in Lisbon.

They are the same fans who sung We thought you were dead we hoped you were dead to Neil Lennon not a peep in the press.

I have been going to games since the 60s and it is worse now than it was in the past.

overdrive
11-03-2024, 10:04 AM
Circumstances have significantly shifted since then.

I'll post the reply if I get one.

Forward to Ian Gordon - I'm assuming his email follows the same pattern as everyone else at the club.

From what Kensell said at the AGM, it is IG that is really pushing for Rangers and Celtic to have their allocations cut. I get the impression it is the rest of the board that is concerned about the loss of income but he thinks it is worth the hit.

rodhibs55
11-03-2024, 10:10 AM
Forward to Ian Gordon - I'm assuming his email follows the same pattern as everyone else at the club.

From what Kensell said at the AGM, it is IG that is really pushing for Rangers and Celtic to have their allocations cut. I get the impression it is the rest of the board that is concerned about the loss of income but he thinks it is worth the hit.

I can imagine IG wanting their allocation cut especially after the disgraceful way they carried on during the tribute to Ron after he passed.

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-03-2024, 10:17 AM

Oh no, not the top tier. No chance. Bottom tier, with Hibs fans above them. **** them.

.Sean.
11-03-2024, 10:40 AM
And still silence.

JimBHibees
11-03-2024, 12:12 PM

Excellent post absolutely agree.

KeithTheHibby
11-03-2024, 12:25 PM
When you are turning over 15m what is 400k in gate receipts? Very little. 20% of that 400k is vat which we don't keep anyway!

I really think it is time our club stood up and showed a bit of backbone and banned all OF supporters from ER.

One Day Soon
11-03-2024, 01:00 PM

All of that is way too qualified in my book and serves to bring no pressure on referees whatsoever. No media storm means it might as well all never have happened.

But if that is the line the manager is either choosing or being forced to take then the Chief Executive ought to, by contrast, be going gangbusters on this in public. Why isn't he?

Not So Young
11-03-2024, 04:21 PM
If Hearts, St Mirren and Kilmarnock can cut the OF allocations there is no reason why Hibs don't do the same. Now is the time to do it so they get several months notice of it taking effect in time for the new season.

If the allocation is not cut the only reason must be money