PDA

View Full Version : Foley and Caswell Join Board

Hibernian Verse
08-03-2024, 05:16 PM
Big news? Or expected? I personally didn’t realise Foley would join our board himself.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/08/update-to-the-board-of-directors/

Billy Whizz
08-03-2024, 05:19 PM
https://www.cannaeholdings.com/corporate-governance/management

We now have 13 directors

Pretty Boy
08-03-2024, 05:21 PM
It's certainly been all change in the boardroom and beyond.in the last 3 or 4 years. A lot of names who had been around for years no longer in place. Only natural when you consider the major shift in ownership I suppose.

I'm a bit surprised it is Foley himself who has joined the board. Black Knights having 2 members was known but I didn't expect it to the the main man so to speak.

Ronniekirk
08-03-2024, 05:27 PM

We now have 13 directors
Hope they are not superstitious

DaveF
08-03-2024, 05:27 PM
He's a director at Bournemouth as well so I doubt it's a significant thing?

Hibernian Verse
08-03-2024, 05:28 PM

I thought Kensell had said that the two BKFC directors would not be on other boards. 99% sure that was said.

Billy Whizz
08-03-2024, 05:29 PM

He’s never been to Edinburgh before, but said he’d come up in August

gbhibby
08-03-2024, 05:31 PM
Good to see Leslie Robb joining the board as well he will be a great addition. The board is looking really strong, interesting times ahead

Chip shop Joe
08-03-2024, 05:31 PM
I thought Kensell had said that the two BKFC directors would not be on other boards. 99% sure that was said.

Yeah definitely said that.

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2024, 05:36 PM

We now have 13 directors

Chris Gaunt has left.

(the current directors are listed at the foot of that piece).

Billy Whizz
08-03-2024, 05:38 PM

Chris Gaunt has left.

(the current directors are listed at the foot of that piece).

Beat me to it😀

As an aside Crops, looks like Bournemouth only have 3 Directors
Interesting times ahead

Jones28
08-03-2024, 05:40 PM
Like PB said I’m surprised the man himself has joined the board, but all good as far as I’m concerned. The closer he is to the action the more change can be affected.

degenerated
08-03-2024, 05:44 PM

Chris Gaunt has left.

(the current directors are listed at the foot of that piece).What formation will they sit in, we should be told.

I'm going 4 5 3 :greengrin

Bridge hibs
08-03-2024, 05:46 PM
What formation will they sit in, we should be told.

Foley the Goalie

Davy Mac
08-03-2024, 05:47 PM
Like PB said I’m surprised the man himself has joined the board, but all good as far as I’m concerned. The closer he is to the action the more change can be affected.

Totally agree, means business me thinks.

08-03-2024, 05:49 PM
I'm hoping it might mean there's more chance of him chucking an extra mill or 2 our way now and again, e.g. to keep Marcondes and/or Maolida. Of course it could go the other way and he decides he doesn't want to throw good money after bad.

TrinityHFC
08-03-2024, 05:49 PM
Good to see Leslie Robb joining the board as well he will be a great addition. The board is looking really strong, interesting times ahead

Votes for Board seats. 😁

Lago
08-03-2024, 06:04 PM
You look at the new appointees and what excellent CVs they all have, terrific.

Libby Hibby
08-03-2024, 06:15 PM
Minted

TheSouthMoroccan
08-03-2024, 06:23 PM
Delighted to see Leslie Robb on board along with Bill Foley etc . Never met the guy but there is something about Ben Kensell that just grates on me. He’ll be found out in that company though if they thinks he’s doing ok then who am I to disagree. Ps I’ve worked it out, he grates because he’s fake tan wearing billy big bollocks bell end. Feel better for getting that off my chest 😉

truehibernian
08-03-2024, 06:24 PM

You sure Billy ? I was told he was up for a midweek game well before Christmas by staff at Hibs. Before the initial announcement 🤔

Billy Whizz
08-03-2024, 06:36 PM
You sure Billy ? I was told he was up for a midweek game well before Christmas by staff at Hibs. Before the initial announcement 🤔

It was on the Bill Foley interview about a month or so ago
Said he was going to Bournemouth in March/April and then August
Said he looked forward to going to Edinburgh then
If I’ve missed the December visit, my apologies

MelbourneHibees
08-03-2024, 06:45 PM
So Robb was offered a seat on the board in order to get his vote sealed.
Presumably HSL weren't offered such a deal. Good call after recent events.

Libby Hibby
08-03-2024, 06:54 PM

Why is it a good call after recent events?

MelbourneHibees
08-03-2024, 07:06 PM
Why is it a good call after recent events?

The HSL spokesperson never covered himself in glory in the interviews leading up to AGM.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2024, 07:10 PM

We now have 13 directorsCan any of them play centre half Billy? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jones28
The HSL spokesperson never covered himself in glory in the interviews leading up to AGM.

They were openly hostile towards it, I’d be very surprised if they were offered a seat on the board.

TrinityHFC

We don’t know that. Robb has however been very active in supporting the Foundation and Women’s Team. Maybe something for HSL to consider versus the ‘rules is rules’ type approach they’ve taken in recent times.

Not In The Know
08-03-2024, 07:26 PM
Robb and Foley on the board is incredibly good news.

They aren’t there for a couple of business lunches.

This lot mean business.

gbhibby
08-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Leslie Robb is a major shareholder and is entitled to vote how he wishes. I for one am glad he is now on the board,you want the best people on the board of the club. He has a lot to offer.

blackpoolhibs
08-03-2024, 07:58 PM
Leslie Robb is a major shareholder and is entitled to vote how he wishes. I for one am glad he is now on the board,you want the best people on the board of the club. He has a lot to offer.

I had never heard of him until a few weeks ago, but he put his money in and appears to be a successful businessman, and a good Hibs fan. Welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

7Hero
08-03-2024, 08:06 PM

He's not a major shareholder, but exact definition he is a minor shareholder..

Ozyhibby
08-03-2024, 09:19 PM

Will cost him a fortune in August. He’d be better waiting till the festival is finished.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
08-03-2024, 09:22 PM
Robb and Foley on the board is incredibly good news.

They aren’t there for a couple of business lunches.

This lot mean business.

When you see how aggressive the Vegas Golden Knights are in pursuing success in the NHL, this can only be a good thing. Foley is obsessed by winning.

bingo70
08-03-2024, 09:37 PM
When you see how aggressive the Vegas Golden Knights are in pursuing success in the NHL, this can only be a good thing. Foley is obsessed by winning.

Asked this on the PM Board but does this put Montgomery under a bit more pressure?

Onceinawhile
08-03-2024, 09:40 PM

Stanley cup final in their first year (though battered 4-1 by the caps) and then champions within 5 years is incredible.

More important however (imo) is how they reacted to the terrorist attack about a week before their first game which claimed (I think) 59 lives.

They pulled together as a squad and a community and drove themselves forward. Obviously hope that doesn't happen here, but it's good to know they recognise some things are more important than sport.

MelbourneHibees
08-03-2024, 09:45 PM
Absolutley, he and Hibs have an agreement in place that the club will use his properties to house new players. Makes sense that they gave him a non-executive seat at the table.

gbhibby
08-03-2024, 10:06 PM
Absolutley, he and Hibs have an agreement in place that the club will use his properties to house new players. Makes sense that they gave him a non-executive seat at the table.
Don't know if he owns the properties thought they were held in a company he is only one of a number of officials in the company that the properties are registered to.

Glory Lurker
08-03-2024, 10:09 PM
Folk talking about success in American sports. Woot. How's his fitba empire doing?

This might end up great for us but so far the boy's got no track record in fitba.

Silky
08-03-2024, 10:21 PM
Folk talking about success in American sports. Woot. How's his fitba empire doing?

This might end up great for us but so far the boy's got no track record in fitba.

Plenty folk who do have a track record in football have failed. Time will tell, obviously, but he's just arrived so we'll need to see how it pans out.

JoeT
08-03-2024, 10:38 PM
What formation will they sit in, we should be told.

FFS if Montgomery refuses to change I'm off

Ozyhibby
09-03-2024, 06:45 AM

He didn’t have a track record in Ice Hockey 6 years ago either.

Jack
09-03-2024, 07:12 AM

Perhaps if HSL had a seat on the board or were even spoken to by the club (as they presumably have with Robb) the HSL reaction might have been different.

The Spaceman
09-03-2024, 07:44 AM
HSL have shown no signs of being capable or grown up enough for a seat on our board. Thank god they are nowhere near it.

Forza Fred
09-03-2024, 08:03 AM
HSL have shown no signs of being capable or grown up enough for a seat on our board. Thank god they are nowhere near it.

That’s probably a bit harsh but viewing from afar they didn’t win any points in the PR Stakes.

SonOfDavidFrancey
09-03-2024, 08:07 AM
Interesting to see that Rob was a partner in Baillie Gifford - I’m sure that was the same company as the Hearts benefactor whatever his name was?

JimBHibees
09-03-2024, 08:09 AM
Interesting to see that Rob was a partner in Baillie Gifford - I’m sure that was the same company as the Hearts benefactor whatever his name was?

James Anderson

Leithenhibby
09-03-2024, 08:21 AM

The irony in this post is as constructive as ever...:rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2024, 08:24 AM
Minted

:top marks

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2024, 08:30 AM

Our non-exec vice chairman is Kathrin Hamilton. She's a director at Baillie Gifford.

They like their football over at BG apparently!

jacomo
09-03-2024, 08:43 AM
This is big news.

It’s clear that Foley is personally invested, way beyond the £6m (which is a tiny proportion of the wealth backing his Black Knights project).

As for Monty, yes he’s under pressure. Expectation levels have now been raised hugely, and Bournemouth have shown they aren’t afraid to roll the dice if they feel the guy in the dugout isn’t delivering.

CapitalGreen
09-03-2024, 08:49 AM

Bournemouth are doing excellently. Had a difficult start to the season as their new manager bedded in his tactical changes however over the last 15 games they have the 5th best record in the league outperforming clubs with budgets multiple times bigger than their own.

Loreint are currently 14th in the league which is above their 10 year average position of 17th. They have struggled during the first half of the season but nobody in the league has a better record than them over the previous 5 matches.

CropleyWasGod
09-03-2024, 08:51 AM

Don't know if he owns the properties thought they were held in a company he is only one of a number of officials in the company that the properties are registered to.

It's not "his" properties or company. It's a Limited Liability Partnership, which has 9 members. Robb, Ian Fraser, Malcolm McPherson, Kathrin Hamilton are members, as is a Delaware company called Bydand Flats.

The extent of the members' ownership might be clearer in the LLP's first accounts, which are now due.

Edit.
Robb joined the LLP in June last year, as did most of its members. Not sure if this adds to, or subtracts from, the conspiracy theories.

green day
09-03-2024, 08:57 AM
I dont think that Hibs would "gift" a board seat to someone simply because he is part owner of a commercial property company which houses new players.

VoltaireHibs
09-03-2024, 01:21 PM
I'm hoping it might mean there's more chance of him chucking an extra mill or 2 our way now and again, e.g. to keep Marcondes and/or Maolida. Of course it could go the other way and he decides he doesn't want to throw good money after bad.

He really has to throw money at us. The whole thing is a massive waste of everyone's time otherwise. It's pretty much all on him now. But as he said himself, it's a very low level of investment for BK, chump change basically.

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2024, 04:17 PM
Hopefully make better decisions here than the one to sack Gary O'Neil at Bournemouth. Miles ahead of them with his wolves side.

CapitalGreen
09-03-2024, 04:27 PM
Hopefully make better decisions here than the one to sack Gary O'Neil at Bournemouth. Miles ahead of them with his wolves side.

Iraola has Bournemouth in 13th with a 1.19ppg.

O’Neill finished 15th with Bournemouth last season and had a 1.09ppg record while he was manager.

Bournemouth have also already matched last seasons goals scored total with 11 league games remaining.

O’Neill is doing a really good job at Wolves but in terms of Bournemouth, Iraola has been an improvement on him.

Since90+2
09-03-2024, 04:35 PM
I dont think that Hibs would "gift" a board seat to someone simply because he is part owner of a commercial property company which houses new players.

He's clearly a very smart and successful businessman, who's also a big Hibs fan.

Seems like exactly like the type of guy you'd want on the board.

Since90+2
09-03-2024, 04:37 PM
He really has to throw money at us. The whole thing is a massive waste of everyone's time otherwise. It's pretty much all on him now. But as he said himself, it's a very low level of investment for BK, chump change basically.

It's not all on him, he's a minority shareholder. The main custodians of the club remain the Gordons.

Foley will have a keen interest on what we do, but to suggest it's all now down to him whilst the Gordons still own the club clearly isn't correct.

Ringothedog
09-03-2024, 04:40 PM

Nonsense but you know that. He is a minority shareholder who will either invest as he sees fit or keep the status quo

Bridge hibs
09-03-2024, 04:46 PM
It's not all on him, he's a minority shareholder. The main custodians of the club remain the Gordons.

Foley will have a keen interest on what we do, but to suggest it's all now down to him whilst the Gordons still own the club clearly isn't correct.

I think he (Foley) will want to see how we have been and are being run, particularly if his ambitions are to be dining at the top table and he (BK) group are going to be putting money in. He will most likely want to keep an eye on the development of EM too

Im probably stating the obvious here

Since90+2
09-03-2024, 04:59 PM
I think he (Foley) will want to see how we have been and are being run, particularly if his ambitions are to be dining at the top table and he (BK) group are going to be putting money in. He will most likely want to keep an eye on the development of EM too

That doesn't change the fact it's not all on him. He owns a minority stake in the club.

Chip shop Joe
09-03-2024, 06:01 PM
Can someone please remind me how to block certain posters?

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2024, 06:24 PM

Your post is bang on and isn't nonsense at all. No way the BKs got involved to see Hibs bump along fighting for 6th.

They've already said they want to see us finish 3rd every season - as you say, it's now up to them to make it happen.

That will mean spending a whole load more money over the next few seasons and a huge upgrade to the type of players we've been watching the last 3 years or so.

Really looking forward to see how they transform our club.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 01:37 AM

Nonsense but you know that. He is a minority shareholder who will either invest as he sees fit or keep the status quo

Okay, so a billionaire football club owner buys into a club like Hibs so he can sit and twiddle his fingers?

Yeah, that's what Hibs and Foley went through for months with the SFA and the legal stuff, shareholder deals etc, they did all that so we could sit mid table, aye?

The Gordons own the club, and I'm pleased about that, but BK group haven't taken two seats on the board of Hibs to watch us struggle for 6th place, behave yourselves. We may not be a roaring success in the future, but Foley isn't here for a laugh and joke, jeeze, follow the logic, money will be spent, there is zero point in this deal otherwise.

He'll invest if he sees fit? He'll invest because it's, as I said, chump change for him, and that's the plan, that's the whole point of his group getting involved.

If you guys want to give me a reason a billionaire would buy into Hibs and then not invest I'm all ears. No? Thought not.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 01:40 AM

Jesus H Christ, you don't think that in the months leading up to this deal that the BK group didn't do due diligence? :faf:

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 01:42 AM
Your post is bang on and isn't nonsense at all. No way the BKs got involved to see Hibs bump along fighting for 6th.

They've already said they want to see us finish 3rd every season - as you say, it's now up to them to make it happen.

That will mean spending a whole load more money over the next few seasons and a huge upgrade to the type of players we've been watching the last 3 years or so.

Really looking forward to see how they transform our club.

Cheers. :wink:

Dmas
10-03-2024, 06:01 AM
Okay, so a billionaire football club owner buys into a club like Hibs so he can sit and twiddle his fingers?

Yeah, that's what Hibs and Foley went through for months with the SFA and the legal stuff, shareholder deals etc, they did all that so we could sit mid table, aye?

The Gordons own the club, and I'm pleased about that, but BK group haven't taken two seats on the board of Hibs to watch us struggle for 6th place, behave yourselves. We may not be a roaring success in the future, but Foley isn't here for a laugh and joke, jeeze, follow the logic, money will be spent, there is zero point in this deal otherwise.

He'll invest if he sees fit? He'll invest because it's, as I said, chump change for him, and that's the plan, that's the whole point of his group getting involved.

If you guys want to give me a reason a billionaire would buy into Hibs and then not invest I'm all ears. No? Thought not.

He’s invested the ‘chump change’ that’s £6m, what he will be expecting is to be able to buy young guys from abroad, take the Ecuadorian lad in Jan as the example, give them to us for 12,18,24 months move them to what they hope will be Ligue 1 if lorient are there or if a roring success into Bournemouth first team, the hope that these types along with our own transfer business will be enough to have us in Europe each year.

Of course there may be further direct investment from Foley I wouldn’t expect it in short term though there will be a plan in place and time for that will be given, with no debt to service and the possibility of higher level sponsorship deals with BKFC involved we will have a bigger budget we’ll be expected to be able to put up more of a challenge with those changes rather than our billionaire pal writing cheques constantly as we where told it would all be sustainable

Bridge hibs
10-03-2024, 06:19 AM
Jesus H Christ, you don't think that in the months leading up to this deal that the BK group didn't do due diligence? :faf:Any need for the dickish reply ? Obviously Foley and his group will have carried out due diligence, I know they didnt sit in a pub and played at sticking a ****ing pin in the donkeys tail to decide which Scottish club to invest in

Foley and BK will know a lot about our club but being actively involved they will get to know a lot more, the other people behind the club, be present at EM, see how that operates and see how ER operates on match day

Its not an outlandish suggestion and certainly doesnt warrant your smart arsed emoji

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 11:45 AM
Any need for the dickish reply ? Obviously Foley and his group will have carried out due diligence, I know they didnt sit in a pub and played at sticking a ****ing pin in the donkeys tail to decide which Scottish club to invest in

Foley and BK will know a lot about our club but being actively involved they will get to know a lot more, the other people behind the club, be present at EM, see how that operates and see how ER operates on match day

Its not an outlandish suggestion and certainly doesnt warrant your smart arsed emoji

Apologies. It was a bit out of order. 👍

Since90+2
10-03-2024, 11:47 AM

That's all very good. Nothing you've said though doesn't change the fact that it's not all on him now.

Repeating that drivel when the Gordons actually own the club doesn't make it correct but crack on with it.

Going by that warped logic if the club fails then it's nothing to do with the people who own the majority stake in the business.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 11:48 AM
He’s invested the ‘chump change’ that’s £6m, what he will be expecting is to be able to buy young guys from abroad, take the Ecuadorian lad in Jan as the example, give them to us for 12,18,24 months move them to what they hope will be Ligue 1 if lorient are there or if a roring success into Bournemouth first team, the hope that these types along with our own transfer business will be enough to have us in Europe each year.

Of course there may be further direct investment from Foley I wouldn’t expect it in short term though there will be a plan in place and time for that will be given, with no debt to service and the possibility of higher level sponsorship deals with BKFC involved we will have a bigger budget we’ll be expected to be able to put up more of a challenge with those changes rather than our billionaire pal writing cheques constantly as we where told it would all be sustainable

Europe is the key to the strategy. Regular group stage football. I suspect the three years Foley has committed to us is to give us enough time to develop a squad that can do that. Without Europe it's hard to get the numbers up to challenge the uglies without running afoul of FFP.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 11:52 AM
That's all very good. Nothing you've said though doesn't change the fact that it's all on him now.

Repeating that drivel when the Gordons actually own the club doesn't make it correct but crack on with it.

Going by that warped logic if the club fails then it's nothing to do with the people who own the majority stake in the business.

It's a joint enterprise. Foley may only own a quarter of the club but I'd bet my bottom dollar that for the next three years he and the BK group will be heavily 'advising' the rest of the board.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

And I don't think anything I posted was 'drivel', thanks
very much. You appear to be in some fantasy scenario where BK group are just here to do what the Gordon's ask. I think not. The percentage of ownership is to do with the SFA rules on joint ownership and, I suspect, had very little bearing on the new power balance at Hibs.

Since90+2
10-03-2024, 11:54 AM
It's a joint enterprise. Foley may only own a quarter of the club but I'd bet my bottom dollar that for the next three years he and the BK group will be heavily 'advising' the rest of the board.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

So it's now a joint enterprise and not on one sole person?

You've changed your tune rather quickly.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2024, 11:55 AM

It doesn't need to be hard cash we're talking about.

If we get a player on loan for a season like Marcondes, for example, that's a huge boost to our squad that costs us nothing.

His wage of £30k a week or whatever needs to paid by Bournemouth whether he's playing with us or training with them.

I think we'll see a huge change to our squad this summer with players on wages we could only have dreamed of paying prior to the BKs involvement.

That doesn't require Hibs to generate any additional income whatsoever. Instead, it's likely to lead to an increased income which is where the sustainable bit comes in over the next few years.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 11:57 AM
So it's now a joint enterprise and not on one sole person?

You've changed your tune rather quickly.

The new investment is on Foley. The club management structure is ostensibly a joint endeavour.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2024, 11:58 AM
The percentage of ownership is to do with the SFA rules on joint ownership and, I suspect, had very little bearing on the new power balance at Hibs.

Yup. I'd go further than that though.

Next step will be the Gordon's selling the rest of their stake, either to the BKs or another party the BKs want involved.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 12:00 PM
Yup. I'd go further than that though.

Next step will be the Gordon's selling the rest of their stake, either to the BKs or another party the BKs want involved.

Agreed. The three year investment is basically a trial run.

Hibbyradge
10-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Agreed. The three year investment is basically a trial run.

I agree with you.

Foley hasn't taken a seat on the board so he can watch the Gordons spend his money. He'll let them get on with the day to day running of the club, but when it comes to major financial decisions, he'll hold sway.

If Foley says "Jump", the Gordons will say "How high".

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2024, 12:07 PM
I agree with you.

Foley hasn't taken a seat on the board so he can watch the Gordons spend his money. He'll let them get on with the day to day running of the club, but when it comes to major financial decisions, he'll hold sway.

That all seems rather obvious.

Hibbyradge
10-03-2024, 12:20 PM
That all seems rather obvious.

It does, which is why it's surprising that there's an argument on here about it.

Since90+2
10-03-2024, 12:21 PM
I agree with you.

Any further investment Foley might make, which would dilute the Gordons shareholding further or more than likely see then exit the club completely, would need approval of the Gordons. Therefore they still hold the cards.

I suspect, like many, that Foley will eventually become owner but until that time Kit and Ian Gordon are very much involved and have a material say on the day to day decisions which have a crucial say on how the club performs.

Therefore it's not all on Foley at this time, although that day will probably come.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2024, 12:26 PM
It does, which is why it's surprising that there's an argument on here about it.

Indeed.

joe breezy
10-03-2024, 12:31 PM
Any further investment Foley might make, which would dilute the Gordons shareholding further or more than likely see then exit the club completely, would need approval of the Gordons. Therefore they still hold the cards.

I suspect, like many, that Foley will eventually become owner but until that time Kit and Ian Gordon are very much involved and have a material say on the day to day decisions which have a crucial say on how the club performs.

Therefore it's not all on Foley at this time, although that day will probably come.

I thought I'd read somewhere that the future investments could be donations for playing staff rather than investments that would dilute shareholdings.

Since90+2
10-03-2024, 12:34 PM
I thought I'd read somewhere that the future investments could be donations for playing staff rather than investments that would dilute shareholdings.

That would be great if the case, but I don't see Bill Foley giving us more millions for nothing in return. If he does that, he'll want to own the club.

And that will be up to the Gordons to decide if they wish to do that.

Hibbyradge
10-03-2024, 01:00 PM

I thought Kensell talked about further investment whether that's in the form of loans or donations.

CropleyWasGod
10-03-2024, 01:44 PM
I thought Kensell talked about further investment whether that's in the form of loans or donations.

He was quite clear at the AGM, quite condescendingly so IMO, that there would be no loans.

He hinted at donations. He probably couldn't confirm if there are any in the offing.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 01:55 PM
That would be great if the case, but I don't see Bill Foley giving us more millions for nothing in return. If he does that, he'll want to own the club.

And that will be up to the Gordons to decide if they wish to do that.

You're a poster I normally agree with and I think we're splitting hairs here. Yes the Gordon's are the majority shareholders, but if Foley and BK group don't own Hibs (and I'd be very surprised if their wasn't a route to that in place as part of the agreement) in three or four years then something has gone wrong.

As someone stated above, I suspect the Gordon's will handle the daily grind and Foley and his team will focus on the football strategy.

Anyhow, good discussion, no harm meant. 👍

Hibbyradge
10-03-2024, 01:58 PM
He was quite clear at the AGM, quite condescendingly so IMO, that there would be no loans.

He hinted at donations. He probably couldn't confirm if there are any in the offing.

Yes, I wasn't sure how the finance would arrive. There was another term used which I hadn't heard of, "cash something", maybe?

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2024, 07:45 AM
Yes, I wasn't sure how the finance would arrive. There was another term used which I hadn't heard of, "cash something", maybe?

Not sure.

"under the counter"

"in unmarked notes in brown paper bags"

"from the backside of a cow"

Kato
11-03-2024, 07:47 AM
Not sure.

"under the counter"

"in unmarked notes in brown paper bags"

"from the backside of a cow""In the attic"

", Johnny"

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
24-04-2024, 10:26 PM

Iraola has Bournemouth in 13th with a 1.19ppg.

O’Neill finished 15th with Bournemouth last season and had a 1.09ppg record while he was manager.

Bournemouth have also already matched last seasons goals scored total with 11 league games remaining.

O’Neill is doing a really good job at Wolves but in terms of Bournemouth, Iraola has been an improvement on him.

Just to update the above, Bournemouth now sit 10th, above Wolves, in the league after their win tonight at Molineaux. Iraola’s PPG this season is now up to 1.32 (compared to 1.09 for O’Neill last season).

Iraola had a tough start to his time at Bournemouth as the players struggled to adapt to his system, however their league form over the last 25 matches has them ranked as the 6th best team in the division. I think it’s safe to say that the decision to replace O’Neill was a great decision, hopefully BKFC can be astute when it comes to decision making for us.

greenlad
25-04-2024, 12:56 AM

Cash calls - a request from a company to its shareholders asking them to provide more money

With the implication being that inability to meet the call, or make the donation, will lead to further dilution of shareholding.

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2024, 05:01 AM
Just to update the above, Bournemouth now sit 10th, above Wolves, in the league after their win tonight at Molineaux. Iraola’s PPG this season is now up to 1.32 (compared to 1.09 for O’Neill last season).

Iraola had a tough start to his time at Bournemouth as the players struggled to adapt to his system, however their league form over the last 25 matches has them ranked as the 6th best team in the division. I think it’s safe to say that the decision to replace O’Neill was a great decision, hopefully BKFC can be astute when it comes to decision making for us.

Yeah, Wolves dropped off a good bit recently.

Although the 2 Wolves disallowed goals last night are pretty awful decisions. Bournemouth quite lucky to get away with that.

theonlywayisup
25-04-2024, 06:10 AM

I think Bournemouth are a great team to watch. If Hibs could play anything like that, I'd be very happy. Though acknowledging we'll never have players as good as Bournemouth's.

Christie has been very good for them in midfield.

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2024, 06:11 AM
Bournemouth are doing excellently. Had a difficult start to the season as their new manager bedded in his tactical changes however over the last 15 games they have the 5th best record in the league outperforming clubs with budgets multiple times bigger than their own.

Loreint are currently 14th in the league which is above their 10 year average position of 17th. They have struggled during the first half of the season but nobody in the league has a better record than them over the previous 5 matches.

Keeping Bournemouth comfortably in the Premiership is a major achievement. It's not a big football area and the club is naturally first division sized at best.

GloryGlory
25-04-2024, 06:43 AM
Keeping Bournemouth comfortably in the Premiership is a major achievement. It's not a big football area and the club is naturally first division sized at best.

Plus their ground only holds around 11,000 so ticket income is limited compared to most other EPL clubs.

bingo70
25-04-2024, 07:01 AM

Something that struck me about the Black Knights involvement with Bournemouth is they haven’t re-invented the wheel in terms of who is making the big decisions.

Looking at the Hibs situation just now, there’s an assume from many, or maybe just me, because we have this global scouting network now we are going to get a technical director that’s from the black knights stable and probably from some foreign land where they’ll bring new, fresh ideas that align with what the Black Knights are trying to achieve. At Bournemouth though, they just left Richard Hughes as technical director and when he left they appointed his assistant for continuity.

That to me says they sort of respect the environment Bournemouth are working in and want people who understand and know it inside out. Obviously the managerial appointment was a bit more left field but he was a well known manager and not some left field gem they uncovered. It’s also a league full of teams playing a modern dynamic style of football with players all capable of playing it.

Suppose my point is, they may look closer to home for a new technical director and manager than many of us are suspecting just now.

hibsforeurope
25-04-2024, 08:14 AM
Something that struck me about the Black Knights involvement with Bournemouth is they haven’t re-invented the wheel in terms of who is making the big decisions.

Looking at the Hibs situation just now, there’s an assume from many, or maybe just me, because we have this global scouting network now we are going to get a technical director that’s from the black knights stable and probably from some foreign land where they’ll bring new, fresh ideas that align with what the Black Knights are trying to achieve. At Bournemouth though, they just left Richard Hughes as technical director and when he left they appointed his assistant for continuity.

That to me says they sort of respect the environment Bournemouth are working in and want people who understand and know it inside out. Obviously the managerial appointment was a bit more left field but he was a well known manager and not some left field gem they uncovered. It’s also a league full of teams playing a modern dynamic style of football with players all capable of playing it.

Suppose my point is, they may look closer to home for a new technical director and manager than many of us are suspecting just now.

This is the key point in the new Hibs appointment, there's no point playing a style that has no impact on opponents because they play too basic for the style to be effective. Although the SPL is better than most give it credit, it's nowhere near the level of the players most people watch on telly every day. Tactics need to suit the environment and the players at the head coach's disposal.

I wonder how involved, if at all, Foley and Casewll have been at Hibs so far.

Unseen work
25-04-2024, 08:15 AM
If your search Iraola’s name on Twitter you’ll see Bournemouth fans absolutely love him

I saw quite a few that think last night shows exactly the reason why foley changed it - Bournemouth played slick attacking football and were good to watch where as Wolves were the exact opposite.

One of the reasons Foley got rid of O’Neill was because he thought if they want to grow as a club it will be by playing a certain way any attacking the opposition.

It looks like he was spot on in what was a massive call at the time

bingo70
25-04-2024, 08:18 AM
If your search Iraola’s name on Twitter you’ll see Bournemouth fans absolutely love him

I saw quite a few that think last night shows exactly the reason why foley changed it - Bournemouth played slick attacking football and were good to watch where as Wolves were the exact opposite.

One of the reasons Foley got rid of O’Neill was because he thought if they want to grow as a club it will be by playing a certain way any attacking the opposition.

It looks like he was spot on in what was a massive call at the time

I wonder if that was Foleys decision or if it came from Richard Hughes?

I find it difficult to believe someone like Foley with no background in football is making decisions like that, it must be based on advice from someone.

Unseen work
25-04-2024, 08:35 AM
I wonder if that was Foleys decision or if it came from Richard Hughes?

I find it difficult to believe someone like Foley with no background in football is making decisions like that, it must be based on advice from someone.

Bit of a tough one, I’d imagine it as Foley based on the interview but like you say it’s a big decision.

There’s also rumours that Hughes (now at Liverpool) is considering O’Neill as Klopp’s replacement. Could be rubbish but if it is true you’d imagine it was foleys decision.

https://x.com/cbssportsgolazo/status/1743045035757883877?s=46&t=jmxs-mZWT_cnYbURW-GKJw That’s the clip of the interview

Brightside
25-04-2024, 09:29 AM

I think you might be right on the Tech Director.

oneone73
25-04-2024, 09:41 AM
I think you might be right on the Tech Director.

Steve Kean?

J-C
25-04-2024, 09:52 AM
Celtic and Rangers don't play like Man C, Arsenal etc, but what they do is play a quick decisive type of game, sharp passing and good player movement, we just need better in to implement a si.ikar style. Got to get away from slow sideways/backwards build up.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-04-2024, 10:11 AM
Steve Kean?

Malky McKay?

Unseen work
25-04-2024, 10:38 AM
Celtic and Rangers don't play like Man C, Arsenal etc, but what they do is play a quick decisive type of game, sharp passing and good player movement, we just need better in to implement a si.ikar style. Got to get away from slow sideways/backwards build up.

I think a lot of it just comes down to the players available too.

For example if a new manager comes in and the first two signings are oriented centre halves, one right footed and one left, both good defenders who are comfortable on the ball then I would say that already improves us massively.

Same for moving the ball faster or more creative, it’s hard to get certain players to play that way so we need to recruit them.

Look at the difference from Jair to Maolida for example, it’s just a far superior player.

I’ve said it on a few threads but Luke mccowan is one is one I’d love to see us sign, similar to Christie at Bournemouth.

eastmainsmsh
25-04-2024, 11:07 AM
Bill should sell Bournemouth and make famous hfc priority

Kentao1985
25-04-2024, 11:46 AM
I think a lot of it just comes down to the players available too.

For example if a new manager comes in and the first two signings are oriented centre halves, one right footed and one left, both good defenders who are comfortable on the ball then I would say that already improves us massively.

Same for moving the ball faster or more creative, it’s hard to get certain players to play that way so we need to recruit them.

Look at the difference from Jair to Maolida for example, it’s just a far superior player.

I’ve said it on a few threads but Luke mccowan is one is one I’d love to see us sign, similar to Christie at Bournemouth.McCowan is exactly the type of player we should be looking at. Full of guts and determination. He was a real driving force against Rangers the other week. Would dictate the speed of the game and when receiving the ball deep he would take it on the half turn and drive into space. Would be a brilliant signing for us.

Sent from my moto g32 using Tapatalk

McD
25-04-2024, 01:06 PM
Bit of a tough one, I’d imagine it as Foley based on the interview but like you say it’s a big decision.

There’s also rumours that Hughes (now at Liverpool) is considering O’Neill as Klopp’s replacement. Could be rubbish but if it is true you’d imagine it was foleys decision.

https://x.com/cbssportsgolazo/status/1743045035757883877?s=46&t=jmxs-mZWT_cnYbURW-GKJw That’s the clip of the interview

There was an article on the Athletic (I think) about Hughes when it became clear he was going to Liverpool. It spoke about Hughes having a strong knowledge of European football, and had been an admirer of Iraola for some time, and took the opportunity to appoint him. The article also spoke about the autonomy he operated with at Bournemouth (going back to prior to BK).

Onceinawhile
25-04-2024, 01:22 PM
Bill should sell Bournemouth and make famous hfc priority

I'd imagine now that VGK are his priority rather than Bournemouth tbf.

Greenworld
25-04-2024, 07:57 PM

It looks like he was spot on in what was a massive call at the time[emoji817] and Hibs will benefit from the no nonsense decision making

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
28-04-2024, 03:10 PM
Bill Foley’s Bournemouth thump Tony Bloom’s Brighton 3-0.