PDA

View Full Version : Budge.

vuefrom1875
06-03-2024, 05:26 PM
Considering cutting hibs allocation...tit for tat looming up.

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 05:28 PM

Link ?

Renfrew_Hibby
06-03-2024, 05:30 PM
Sounded like a final warning.

vuefrom1875
06-03-2024, 05:31 PM
Link ?

On stv news.

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 05:34 PM
On stv news.

Cheers mate, missed it 👍

we are hibs
06-03-2024, 05:35 PM
They're not half milking it now eh?

presumably she also offered an update into the investigation for the assault on Cabraja? Yeah thought not.

CallumLaidlaw
Thinks it’s worth remembering that she’s at tynecastle for an event and has been asked a specific question from a journalist around objects being thrown and possibility of allocations being cut.

While I’m sure she’ll have received emails from a couple of fans demanding that they ban us, they’ll have plenty fans that want to keep the full away allocations at both grounds.

Can’t really blame her for what she says - shame we have idiots that think it’s acceptable, but she at least acknowledges it’s every club (including her own) and says if it continues rather than gonna happen at the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
Thought she was understandably very fair and said she was considering it but realises it is only a small minority that spoil it for everyone else

VoltaireHibs
06-03-2024, 05:37 PM
We're cutting Rangers for similar behaviour. Hard to criticise another club for doing the same. The Ultras culture is utterly f###ing moronic at times. Yes they can bring the atmosphere sometimes, but that doesn't give them carte blanche to behave like total d###heads.

ErinGoBraghHFC
06-03-2024, 05:38 PM
If she cuts our allocation by a single ticket reduce theirs to 0. I’m not saying she’s not justified after recent behaviour but you can’t go against agreements that’ve stood for decades and expect us to hold up our end of the bargain.

Trinity Hibee
06-03-2024, 05:42 PM
We're cutting Rangers for similar behaviour. Hard to criticise another club for doing the same. The Ultras culture is utterly f###ing moronic at times. Yes they can bring the atmosphere sometimes, but that doesn't give them carte blanche to behave like total d###heads.

Absolutely. Wee fuds are taking things way too far nowadays

Brummie_Hibs
06-03-2024, 05:43 PM
I'm not sticking up for anybody, and it was never my scene (I was a goth), but the boring dad you are now sitting next to was maybe a casual in the day, and the grandad was possibly a hoolie, and the great grandad was...I dunno what they were called in the 50's.

It will always be a part of football.

Hiber-nation
06-03-2024, 05:44 PM
Thought she was understandably very fair and said she was considering it but realises it is only a small minority that spoil it for everyone else

Yep, can't complain about anything she said. What happened last Wednesday was completely unacceptable.

Jones28
06-03-2024, 05:44 PM
If she cuts our allocation by a single ticket reduce theirs to 0. I’m not saying she’s not justified after recent behaviour but you can’t go against agreements that’ve stood for decades and expect us to hold up our end of the bargain.

Maybe we should expect a bit more of our fans? I don’t remember any issues from their fans at ER apart from the odd flare which is normality nowadays.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2024, 05:45 PM
Think she was just asked a question at todays press conference for the “Maroon Mile”
They’ve secured over £200k of lottery money for this

Lago
06-03-2024, 05:46 PM
Can't blame them following last derby.

MelbourneHibees
06-03-2024, 05:47 PM

Wait till you find out they have reduced our allocation already over recent years.

Hibernian Verse
She actually did very well to stress every club has its problems with supporters. Jamie Borthwick was desperate was a soundbite so started asking about Hibs at a 150 year event. Clickbait journalism.

Centre Hawf
We'll only have ourselves to blame to be honest. Last week wasn't the first time in recent seasons that the stuff thrown from our end was a disgrace.

MWHIBBIES
She really has no leg to stand on. Her fans behave as badly. Lennon and Cabraja incidents recently. She did nothing about either one.

BILLYHIBS
06-03-2024, 05:49 PM
Yep, can't complain about anything she said. What happened last Wednesday was completely unacceptable.

👍

ErinGoBraghHFC
06-03-2024, 05:49 PM
Maybe we should expect a bit more of our fans? I don’t remember any issues from their fans at ER apart from the odd flare which is normality nowadays.

No argument there, we do seem to have a larger number of wee fuds in our support unfortunately

B.H.F.C
06-03-2024, 05:51 PM

The south stand was smashed to bits at the last derby.

There have been multiple assaults on players (not just ours) at Tynecastle over the years because you’re so close to the pitch.

Both supports have their share of folk who can’t behave.

Diclonius
06-03-2024, 05:52 PM
How about we start behaving instead of indulging in Celtic-esque whataboutery bollocks?

Trinity Hibee
06-03-2024, 05:53 PM
Think she was just asked a question at todays press conference for the “Maroon Mile”
They’ve secured over £200k of lottery money for this

That’s ridiculous to be taking that amount of money from charity. Not like they have form…

Carheenlea
06-03-2024, 05:53 PM
I’m sure Hibs will already have been in touch to discuss some of the issues in the post match debrief and hopefully look at how we can improve on that. I’d like to think so anyway.

Ultimately though, reducing an allocation isn’t actually going to stop folk throwing things if they take the notion to do so, and any ticket reduction is a punishment rather than a solution.

If it comes to that I hope we don’t reciprocate it in an Old Firm style tit-for-tat scenario. The only place that road leads is to 500 allocations and the ruining of a great derby fixture.

If they do it, so be it, but if we continue to offer the full end at Easter Road then Hearts’ actions will look petty, and when the first missile is launched from the home stands at a Hibs corner or a player is manhandled taking a throw, then they’re also going to look pretty foolish.

Since90+2
06-03-2024, 05:55 PM
If she cuts ours we'll do the exact same thing back. I don't want it to happen but if it does that's what we'll do.

Also worth bearing in mind we actually have a proper 2 tiered stand, so we can stick them right up in the south upper corner. They'll have even less impact on the game than our fans at their "2 tiered" stand.

CentreLine
06-03-2024, 06:17 PM
How about we start behaving instead of indulging in Celtic-esque whataboutery bollocks?

Well said. Whataboutery is the enemy of progress.

LunasBoots
06-03-2024, 06:19 PM
They cut ours we will just cut there's, been talking about cutting allocations for years, neither club really wants to do it, so all in all its just another warning

Hiber-nation
06-03-2024, 06:21 PM

Exactly. Although it's not really "we". Hopefully.

Aldo
06-03-2024, 06:22 PM
She really has no leg to stand on. Her fans behave as badly. Lennon and Cabraja incidents recently. She did nothing about either one.

Funnily enough whilst mentioning most clubs she failed to address the items thrown at Boyle every time he went to take a corner.

LunasBoots
06-03-2024, 06:26 PM
Didn't a fan also approach Emiliano at the far corner or was I just imagining that?

04Sauzee
06-03-2024, 06:38 PM

Has she consulted all the owners?

GreenCastle
06-03-2024, 06:42 PM

Broken seats in the South Stand - pretty common when they visit.

GreenCastle
06-03-2024, 06:43 PM
Didn't a fan also approach Emiliano at the far corner or was I just imagining that?

Plus Hearts fans fighting the police and stewards - it’s on the YouTube vlog.

Se7enUp
06-03-2024, 06:47 PM

They've already cut the Hibs allocation back. So they're nearly 4k at ER, we're not much above 3k at their cesspit.

Waxy
06-03-2024, 06:50 PM
It’ll come to a day when there’s no away fans.
The old firm derby is pretty crap now.

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2024, 06:51 PM
We're cutting Rangers for similar behaviour.

Are we?

VoltaireHibs
06-03-2024, 06:59 PM
Are we?

It's definitely being discussed by BK and Iain Gordon.

eastmainsmsh
06-03-2024, 07:00 PM
Has she consulted all the owners?

Brilliant 😆

Jones28
06-03-2024, 07:00 PM
Broken seats in the South Stand - pretty common when they visit.

Yeah fair enough.

I can’t help but feel this was a major escalation by the fannies in our support and I’m not really in the mood for point scoring.

Whataboutery plagues our game and I can’t stand it.

Real Emerald
06-03-2024, 07:08 PM
If the Hibs allocation is cut it’s only the fault of the muppets who keep throwing stuff at players. Atmosphere or not, it simply has to stop or we’ll be back to fenced in pens.

Jones28
06-03-2024, 07:09 PM
As a return of fire to budge though, I don’t remember any ground in Scotland ever having as much player/fan interaction as tynecastle, and imo it’s a matter of time before another assault from one of their mob takes place.

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 07:12 PM
If the Hibs allocation is cut it’s only the fault of the muppets who keep throwing stuff at players. Atmosphere or not, it simply has to stop or we’ll be back to fenced in pens.

Agree but fenced in pens wont stop objects being thrown

ruthven_raiders
06-03-2024, 07:17 PM
Agree but fenced in pens wont stop objects being thrown

Nets are used in many countries...sad day if that arrives, need severe punishment for throwing stuff, a bottle opener can cause serious injury so sentence should be severe too...

Smartie
06-03-2024, 07:21 PM
There's a bit of a thing growing amongst their fans demanding this so it was only reasonable that the question was asked and answered, really.

It would be a desperate shame if it came to that - for both clubs - but unless behaviour improves then it has to, sadly, remain on the table.

Real Emerald
06-03-2024, 07:23 PM
As a return of fire to budge though, I don’t remember any ground in Scotland ever having as much player/fan interaction as tynecastle, and imo it’s a matter of time before another assault from one of their mob takes place.

The behaviour of their fans to players on the touchline is totally unacceptable and should be pulled up. They really shouldn’t be allowed to sell tickets for the first few rows of their tiny stadium.

However, there is absolutely no way you can expect to keep throwing objects at players and not expect repercussions. It’s absolutely not acceptable by any fans. They’ve also wrecked Easter Road the last few times which is equally unacceptable.

No idea what’s started all this thuggish behaviour lately but I’m sure someone could point it out. Balaclavas, face disguises etc. etc. The whole atmosphere is starting to get poisonous again and heading back to the 70’s.

Hibs4185
06-03-2024, 07:36 PM
So yes our fans are to blame and I have no qualms with that but hearts fans at tynecastle are no saints.

The first 2-3 rows need of each stand need to be removed to give the players breathing space from the fans.

Some of the behaviour is inexcusable but when you see hearts fans abusing a player about to take a throw in and various other things it does lead to a toxic environment.

Make tynecastle fir for purpose and it’ll certainly help

GreenCastle
06-03-2024, 07:46 PM
Hearts fans shouldn’t be able to be lean over and touch the players like they constantly do. Weird / creepy behaviour.

Been going on for years at that crap tiny stadium.

Away fan behaviour in Scotland has been an issue for years but nothing ever gets done about it so fans keep trying to outdo each other. Seems the league etc don’t / stay out of it.

What I don’t get though is I’m sure there is a rule in the league handbook saying clubs must have away fans but the old firm are going against that ?

Real Emerald
06-03-2024, 07:46 PM
So yes our fans are to blame and I have no qualms with that but hearts fans at tynecastle are no saints.

The first 2-3 rows need of each stand need to be removed to give the players breathing space from the fans.

Some of the behaviour is inexcusable but when you see hearts fans abusing a player about to take a throw in and various other things it does lead to a toxic environment.

I totally agree and still can’t believe they’re constantly getting away with this behaviour. It still doesn’t excuse throwing things like bottle openers at players.

Rather than tit for tat point scoring, all of this stuff needs to be dealt with. Shutting front rows at tiny, reducing allocations for throwing objects and real action re sectarian behaviour. Nothing gets done though because everyone always blames the other teams support for doing something else. It’s like school kids arguing in the playground.

Waxy
06-03-2024, 07:50 PM
No excuse at all but giving a penalty to your biggest rivals for no reason will anger people.

Jones28
06-03-2024, 08:01 PM
The behaviour of their fans to players on the touchline is totally unacceptable and should be pulled up. They really shouldn’t be allowed to sell tickets for the first few rows of their tiny stadium.

However, there is absolutely no way you can expect to keep throwing objects at players and not expect repercussions. It’s absolutely not acceptable by any fans. They’ve also wrecked Easter Road the last few times which is equally unacceptable.

No idea what’s started all this thuggish behaviour lately but I’m sure someone could point it out. Balaclavas, face disguises etc. etc. The whole atmosphere is starting to get poisonous again and heading back to the 70’s.

Re your last paragraph, imo there is an element on both sides that want that to happen. They are desperate to see the Edinburgh derby become some mini old firm game, except that they are almost more dangerous because in their desperation to make this happen they will be even more extreme.

It was bad enough last week that players were in the firing line but the ball boys and girls at the front of the stand were at risk too, probably even more so than the players. How long before one of them gets caught up in it and hurt? And then we really can’t have a single complaint if we lose more seats because our fans can’t behave themselves.

Jones28
06-03-2024, 08:02 PM
No excuse at all but giving a penalty to your biggest rivals for no reason will anger people.

So be angry. Shout and swear and call the ref every name under the sun, but dinny chuck stuff.

chippy
06-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Could our fans self steward our end?

Donegal Hibby
06-03-2024, 08:53 PM
If both clubs cut each others allocations fans suffer from both sides , both clubs suffer in the derby won't have the same atmosphere . There's nothing to be gained by it imo , everyone's a loser if this happens. Both clubs need to work together and identify the minority on both sides that's responsible for causing trouble and ban them . Be alot better of without them and proper fans that actually care about their clubs can carry on supporting them.

Hibs4185
06-03-2024, 08:55 PM

Carheenlea
06-03-2024, 09:05 PM
Maybe need to look again at how tickets are distributed for this away fixture.

Hermit Crab didn’t get much support for his buses from Easter Road suggestion, but it’s an example of what measures some clubs have to take for high risk fixtures. Most recently, we saw that scenario for Newcastle fans travelling to Sunderland.

We wouldn’t need to go to such extremes for an Edinburgh derby, but you could maybe have fans collecting tickets on the day at a venue within reasonably close proximity to Tynecastle, and have fans collect tickets in their name on receipt of displaying their Season Ticket along with ID.

The elimination of non ST’s securing tickets for Tynecastle might start to improve things, along with advance warnings of the consequences of misbehaviour such as ST’s being cancelled.

Probably still a bit OTT for the sake of a handful of missiles, but the fact the incidents appear to be becoming more frequent then the club might need to start thinking about how they allocate in the future.

The Modfather
06-03-2024, 09:14 PM

Hermit Crab didn’t get much support for his buses from Easter Road suggestion, but it’s an example of what measures some clubs have to take for high risk fixtures. Most recently, we saw that scenario for Newcastle fans travelling to Sunderland.

We wouldn’t need to go to such extremes for an Edinburgh derby, but you could maybe have fans collecting tickets on the day at a venue within reasonably close proximity to Tynecastle, and have fans collect tickets in their name on receipt of displaying their Season Ticket along with ID.

The elimination of non ST’s securing tickets for Tynecastle might start to improve things, along with advance warnings of the consequences of misbehaviour such as ST’s being cancelled.

Probably still a bit OTT for the sake of a handful of missiles, but the fact the incidents appear to be becoming more frequent then the club might need to start thinking about how they allocate in the future.

Weeding out those in the queue that are either too drunk and/or too coked up to be at the game, as well as having a policeman stand at the cubicles in the toilets would also go some way to stopping the problems IMO. That as well as using CCTV and giving visibility of those (in terms of numbers rather than name and shame) of those identified and banned after each derby would help.

gbhibby
06-03-2024, 09:24 PM
When will people learn its a game of Football and throwing things damaging seats attacking players spitting at players and pyros is totally unacceptable. The people that indulge in this need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Don't get me started about bigotry.

Maybe banning opposition fans is the way to go to rid the game of these morons

Lago
06-03-2024, 09:35 PM
:aok:

Se7enUp
06-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Aye, ban the Hibs fans (I've no beef with that, so long as Hibs follow suit. The derby atmosphere isn't 'special' in a good way, it's horribly toxic), but the insistence of that ****ty club to have their 'angelic' fans on the touchline is beyond the pale.

https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/1764344887195939210

PHeffernan
06-03-2024, 09:56 PM
Aye, ban the Hibs fans (I've no beef with that, so long as Hibs follow suit. The derby atmosphere isn't 'special' in a good way, it's horribly toxic), but the insistence of that ****ty club to have their 'angelic' fans on the touchline is beyond the pale.

Incident initiated by Joe Hart.
No reason for him to walk all the way from his goal area to the sideline. Unprofessional.

gbhibby
06-03-2024, 09:59 PM

I was in the front row at Tynecastle a few years ago and saw their fans spitting at our players and them making monkey gestures and racist comments towards Marvin Bartley
As you say they are no angels.

gbhibby
06-03-2024, 10:01 PM
No reason for him to walk all the way from his goal area to the sideline. Unprofessional.
Still does not give fans the right to hit him with the ball and abuse him. Years ago these fans would have be lifted by a policeman

PHeffernan
06-03-2024, 10:04 PM
Still does not give fans the right to hit him with the ball and abuse him

He's the goalkeeper. What is he doing there?

wookie70
06-03-2024, 10:06 PM
No doubt there have been bad incidents but for me it was the sheer numbers behaving badly in our support last week which is a bigger problem. It was a significant minority not a couple of headbangers. The odd one or two should be easily found and given long bans and hopefully prosecuted. When there is missiles coming from everywhere it is harder to stop and therefore easier to justify cutting allocations. It might not happen next time but it will if the morons in our support keep behaving the way they do and whataboutery will never be an excuse.

truehibernian
06-03-2024, 10:07 PM

You serious 😂 if I scored a goal v them I’d be milking it in their faces and also winding them up each and every time I was near the touch line - sledging is part of the game.

There’s no place whatsoever for things getting thrown or attempts to grab players (or worse) - but for all the stick players get you can’t blame them for giving it back. You have to question the character of someone who thinks throwing things is right, not a player for giving them a bit of verbal stick back.

If fans cannot control themselves they’re the problem not the player.

Budge should read more match delegate reports too - Marsh nearly getting hit by a huge vape in the 1-0 win last season and their fans throwing bottles after their win at ER in December 👍

PHeffernan
06-03-2024, 10:08 PM
I was in the front row at Tynecastle a few years ago and saw their fans spitting at our players and them making monkey gestures and racist comments towards Marvin Bartley
As you say they are no angels.

I presume you reported this crime after the match.

truehibernian
06-03-2024, 10:10 PM

Who cares ? Do you have the same reaction when a player scores and noises up opposing fans ?

PHeffernan
06-03-2024, 10:11 PM
You serious �� if I scored a goal v them I’d be milking it in their faces and also winding them up each and every time I was near the touch line - sledging is part of the game.

There’s no place whatsoever for things getting thrown or attempts to grab players (or worse) - but for all the stick players get you can’t blame them for giving it back. You have to question the character of someone who thinks throwing things is right, not a player for giving them a bit of verbal stick back.

If fans cannot control themselves they’re the problem not the player.

Budge should read more match delegate reports too - Marsh nearly getting hit by a huge vape in the 1-0 win last season and their fans throwing bottles after their win at ER in December ��

From your reply, I am presuming you haven't looked at the clip.
It was Hearts that had just scored, not Celtic.

truehibernian
06-03-2024, 10:12 PM
Agreed BUT It was Hearts that had scored not Celtic

That’s not my point, my point is any player approaching a touch line for any reason - sledging or otherwise - doesn’t deserve items thrown at him. Verbals, yep, assaults, no.

And I’m pointing out the fact that if I scored against them (for example) I’d wind them up each and every time 👍 and I’m well aware Hearts scored.

gbhibby
06-03-2024, 10:14 PM
I presume you reported this crime after the match.
I spoke to a steward at the time who was not interested. Joe Hart may have received unacceptable abuse. So by your logic it is OK to abuse players at their place of work and throw a ball at him which hit him, which is assault.

Se7enUp
06-03-2024, 10:18 PM

They behave that way with any opposition players that come close. No area of the field should be off limits to any of the players.

Se7enUp
06-03-2024, 10:23 PM

Hearts had just scored. No way was the ball going to be returned by the fans or the ball boys (very well trained at that tip to stymie the opposition), so he had to go & retrieve it himself.

PHeffernan
06-03-2024, 10:51 PM
I spoke to a steward at the time who was not interested. Joe Hart may have received unacceptable abuse. So by your logic it is OK to abuse players at their place of work and throw a ball at him which hit him, which is assault.

Crimes need to be reported to the Police and don't need to be reported at the time so you could have reported it the next day. Stewards are merely minimum wage jacket carriers used by clubs to tick a health and safety box.

Hart should have let sleeping dogs lie. By walking all the way from his goalmouth to the supporters on the sidelines he has initiated the conflict. Caveat: I should say I have only seen the short clip posted above which purposefully provides little context other than happening after Hearts scored.
The assaults at Tynecastle involving Lennon, Zhamal, Clark, Cabraja and Shankland are completely different as they were all initiated by Hibs and Hearts supporters.

As for my logic, I have no idea why some adults behave as they do at football matches, assault, throw missiles, break plastic seats, toilets and sinks. I assume it's because they are morons.

PHeffernan
06-03-2024, 10:55 PM
Hearts had just scored. No way was the ball going to be returned by the fans or the ball boys (very well trained at that tip to stymie the opposition), so he had to go & retrieve it himself.

Have they only got one ball?
Times are tougher than I thought.

The above clip posted purposefully only shows the conflict, not the context.
I'll see if I can find a clip showing the whole incident.

gbhibby
06-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Crimes need to be reported to the Police and don't need to be reported at the time so you could have reported it the next day. Stewards are merely minimum wage jacket carriers used by clubs to tick a health and safety box.

Hart should have let sleeping dogs lie. By walking all the way from his goalmouth to the supporters on the sidelines he has initiated the conflict. Caveat: I should say I have only seen the short clip posted above which purposefully provides little context other than happening after Hearts scored.
The assaults at Tynecastle involving Lennon, Zhamal, Clark, Cabraja and Shankland are completely different as they were all initiated by Hibs and Hearts supporters.

As for my logic, I have no idea why some adults behave as they do at football matches, assault, throw missiles, break plastic seats, toilets and sinks. I assume it's because they are morons.
Once reported a guy getting beaten up outside after a match know what the police did walked the other way.
Fortunately fans intervened to stop the incident. Stewards are supposed to act upon incidents reported to them. Some do most don't. So by your logic if a team scores a goal and they celebrate near the touchline in front of opposition fans they are initiating the right of these fans to throw things at them.

PHeffernan
06-03-2024, 11:27 PM
That’s not my point, my point is any player approaching a touch line for any reason - sledging or otherwise - doesn’t deserve items thrown at him. Verbals, yep, assaults, no.

And I’m pointing out the fact that if I scored against them (for example) I’d wind them up each and every time �� and I’m well aware Hearts scored.

Your point is a natural starting point i.e people should not be assaulted at their work but by the same logic people should not be verbally abused at their work either but you think that is acceptable.
My point is that Joe Hart could have avoided the conflict by staying in his area of the pitch.

06-03-2024, 11:48 PM
Maybe Budge should install a Robot Wars style flipping mechanism in the away end too, to take care of any pie throwers.

https://i.ibb.co/R0Zzqsx/unnamed.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

PHeffernan
07-03-2024, 12:12 AM
Once reported a guy getting beaten up outside after a match know what the police did walked the other way.
Fortunately fans intervened to stop the incident. Stewards are supposed to act upon incidents reported to them. Some do most don't. So by your logic if a team scores a goal and they celebrate near the touchline in front of opposition fans they are initiating the right of these fans to throw things at them.

So you let the guy get beaten up whilst you looked for a policeman to stop it for you but fortunately for the guy, other supporters stepped in.
As for fans throwing things at players, of course they are accountable for their behaviour and can't use players actions as a mitigating factor.

gbhibby
07-03-2024, 12:27 AM
So you let the guy get beaten up whilst you looked for a policeman to stop it for you but fortunately for the guy, other supporters stepped in.
As for fans throwing things at players, of course they are accountable for their behaviour and can't use players actions as a mitigating factor.
No I was some distance away but there were two policeman yards away from me so did not let the guy get beaten up so do not make assumptions to suit your own narrative.

Hibs3-2
07-03-2024, 06:57 AM
Our fans are portrayed in the media as **** mainly as the club sit and allow it whilst failing to ever call out other teams misdemeanours

Did we chase up the cabreja incident?
Do we ever call out hearts for their fans i the front 2 rows abusing our players?
Do we ever call out the OF for their behaviour?

Nope. We just allow opposition teams release statements about our fans and we sit and take it. Wasnt long ago we were getting slated by OF for the behaviour of our fans (might have even been rangers IIRC)

04Sauzee
07-03-2024, 07:16 AM

Yip Joe Hart walked up to the Hearts fans and asked for a couple of balls to be launched at him. Can't believe the unprofessionalism of the guy. He needs dealt with.

Jones28
07-03-2024, 07:31 AM
Our fans are portrayed in the media as **** mainly as the club sit and allow it whilst failing to ever call out other teams misdemeanours

Do we ever call out hearts for their fans i the front 2 rows abusing our players?

Nope. We just allow opposition teams release statements about our fans and we sit and take it. Wasnt long ago we were getting slated by OF for the behaviour of our fans (might have even been rangers IIRC)

How do you know we didn't chase up the Cabraja incident? For all we know that fan has received a lifetime ban.

And re your point about the media, unfortunately this season theres been plenty of **** to sling at Hibs supporters for their behaviour. Motherwell away seats weren't just broken but the actual metal holding them was buckled; Rangers away with those disgusting stickers and spraypaint; Tynecastle; away games with block 7 forcing their way in wherever they want.

Then we've had a couple of instances of bottles being thrown from the stand in the recent past.

green day
07-03-2024, 07:52 AM

Nobody on here knows about the first two, but the Cabraja one was commented on by Hibs at the time.

As for the last one, you might have missed the question (and answers) Kensell gave in the aftermath of the AGM regarding Rangers and Celtic fans behaviours.

VoltaireHibs
07-03-2024, 10:52 AM
When will people learn its a game of Football and throwing things damaging seats attacking players spitting at players and pyros is totally unacceptable. The people that indulge in this need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Don't get me started about bigotry.

Maybe banning opposition fans is the way to go to rid the game of these morons

Exactly this. Why folk go to a game of football and want to hurt/smash/abuse stuff and people is way beyond me. Utter morons with barely a brain cell between them. If you want to go fighting with the opposition support do it old school and arrange it for elsewhere, or better still, join a boxing club.

Folk say 'Aye but it happened when you were young too.'

Correct, and those folk were brain dead morons too.

VoltaireHibs
07-03-2024, 10:57 AM
Nobody on here knows about the first two, but the Cabraja one was commented on by Hibs at the time.

As for the last one, you might have missed the question (and answers) Kensell gave in the aftermath of the AGM regarding Rangers and Celtic fans behaviours.

These things are better dealt with behind closed doors. When clubs start calling out other clubs then the tit for tat begins and you end up like the two cheeks with no opposing fans in the stadium. Once you start down that route it's very hard to walk back from it as the whole thing becomes adversarial and no one wants to lose face.

Boardroom discussions, as much as we fans would like public calling out, are probably the best way to ensure fans of both clubs continue to attend the derbies.

Stubbsy90+2
07-03-2024, 11:02 AM
Your point is a natural starting point i.e people should not be assaulted at their work but by the same logic people should not be verbally abused at their work either but you think that is acceptable.
My point is that Joe Hart could have avoided the conflict by staying in his area of the pitch.

The whole pitch is Joe Harts area of the pitch. He’s every bit as entitled to be in any area of the pitch as any other player.

Frazerbob
07-03-2024, 11:14 AM
Both clubs should make a joint statement….start behaving or it’ll go the same way as the Old Firm. Time to grow the **** up.

Dashing Bob S
07-03-2024, 11:21 AM
As it seems unreasonable to ask the young to behave themselves, the old to stop moaning because they were young once, and everyone else to grow a set and stop being offended by absolutely anything, I suspect the controllers will eventually have their way and football will continue to be socially engineered into a bland experience to the point where video games become the more authentic experience. Perhaps the growth of less regulated non-league football will continue to exert appeal, serving as an antidote to those who find all this nonsense tiresome.

Steve20
07-03-2024, 01:03 PM
As soon as they cut our allocation, we better do it to them right back. None of this just accepting it and still allowing them the whole stand at Easter Road.

LaMotta
07-03-2024, 01:16 PM

Interesting idea but I dont think there is any evidence of non season ticket holders being the ones throwing the objects so not really sure that helps. I'm sure there are a few non season ticket holders who will have tickets passed on to them but cant imagine there will be that many......

Reckon there is little chance of Hearts cutting the allocation anway - just a threat to try to calm behaviour. More police is probably the answer next time alongside strong pre match comms from both sides.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2024, 01:28 PM
It's safe to say if we get ours cut then we will do the same back. We don't want that to happen but at the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame if we do end up with one section of the ground. Budge didn't say it our allocation was definitely getting cut but I think any more bad behaviour form us at Tynecastle will see us go the way of every other club that visits there. 657 tickets or something is all thats given to away teams.

Something needs to be done to stop non ST holders getting tickets as these folk can cause trouble and walk away virtually untraceable by the club. We have to do some sort of ticket collection on the day of the game with ID shown etc.

Here's an idea.

1, Ticket collections take place on the day of the game at a pre designated place in the city centre such as a hotel conference room or something. Each ticket holder MUST collect in person with no exceptions.

2, You turn up between the designated time slot to get your tickets. say 4pm-6:30pm for a midweek match and 12pm-2:30pm for a Saturday game.

3, You only get your ticket if you produce valid ID, purchase confirmation and your season ticket.

4, You're then given your ticket AND an accompanying wristband, and you must then show both the ticket and wristband to gain entry to the stadium. If you try to get in without the wristband then tough, no dice.

This has been tried and tested previously for collections at Man City away European games, I know because I had to go through the same process for Celtic away in the champs league years ago, tickets were collected from the old fruit market in Glasgow. Both tickets and wristbands were checked 2 times before getting to the turnstiles at parkhead as well. The system does work but it is a bit nippy with all the queuing but if its organised correctly it works well.

Frazerbob
07-03-2024, 01:41 PM
It's safe to say if we get ours cut then we will do the same back. We don't want that to happen but at the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame if we do end up with one section of the ground. Budge didn't say it our allocation was definitely getting cut but I think any more bad behaviour form us at Tynecastle will see us go the way of every other club that visits there. 657 tickets or something is all thats given to away teams.

Something needs to be done to stop non ST holders getting tickets as these folk can cause trouble and walk away virtually untraceable by the club. We have to do some sort of ticket collection on the day of the game with ID shown etc.

Here's an idea.

1, Ticket collections take place on the day of the game at a pre designated place in the city centre such as a hotel conference room or something. Each ticket holder MUST collect in person with no exceptions.

2, You turn up between the designated time slot to get your tickets. say 4pm-6:30pm for a midweek match and 12pm-2:30pm for a Saturday game.

3, You only get your ticket if you produce valid ID, purchase confirmation and your season ticket.

4, You're then given your ticket AND an accompanying wristband, and you must then show both the ticket and wristband to gain entry to the stadium. If you try to get in without the wristband then tough, no dice.

This has been tried and tested previously for collections at Man City away European games, I know because I had to go through the same process for Celtic away in the champs league years ago, tickets were collected from the old fruit market in Glasgow. Both tickets and wristbands were checked 2 times before getting to the turnstiles at parkhead as well. The system does work but it is a bit nippy with all the queuing but if its organised correctly it works well.

Never going to happen....

1. Who pays for the hire of the venue and staff to distribute (and security, as is required when Scotland do collections abroad after idiots abused the SSC staff)
2. What if you can't make the designated time or location due to work, child care etc
3. Out of town fans who already have to leave early to travel to the game won't want to add time to get into and out of the city center
4. It's actually quite a big task to distribute 3000 tickets in such a short space of time.

What's needed is for folk to behave in the first place, the police to do their job if they don't and actually arrest the fannies, better stewarding to ensure folk sit in their designated seat so there is some accountability if they misbehave and for some self policing.

How sad that we're actually having this discussion.........

matty_f
07-03-2024, 01:44 PM

Here's an idea.

**** that. 90% of folk that go to Tiny know how to behave, I’m not wanting to be treated like some kind of criminal because i want to go to a football match. Hearts and Hibs need to get a grip of the folk causing the issues rather than hammering everyone that goes.

It’s bad enough getting into Tiny as it without having to add another couple of hours of faffing about to go to a football match.

Donegal Hibby
07-03-2024, 01:58 PM
As soon as they cut our allocation, we better do it to them right back. None of this just accepting it and still allowing them the whole stand at Easter Road.

We shouldn't accept it and neither should hertz though cutting the away allocation for the derby should be the very last option for either club to do .

Doesn't achieve anything other than stops proper fans from supporting their team , still left with the problem who might decide to throw things at home against a team like Motherwell or one of the rest of the teams because they have a player who they don't like as well .

What do we do then ? Ban there fans too? .

Both clubs have had issues and should work together and identify who's responsible and root them out . A few life time bans on both sides might be a real eye opener and make them think twice if they do actually care about their football club.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2024, 02:00 PM

1. Who pays for the hire of the venue and staff to distribute (and security, as is required when Scotland do collections abroad after idiots abused the SSC staff)
2. What if you can't make the designated time or location due to work, child care etc
3. Out of town fans who already have o leave early to r=travel to the game won't want to add time to get into and out of the city center
4. It's actually quite a big task to distribute 3000 tickets in such a short space of time.

What's needed is for folk to behave in the first place, the police to do their job if they don't and actually arrest the fannies, better stewarding to ensure folk sit in their designated seat so there is some accountability if the misbehave and for some self policing.

100% this

Bridge hibs
07-03-2024, 02:32 PM
**** that. 90% of folk that go to Tiny know how to behave, I’m not wanting to be treated like some kind of criminal because i want to go to a football match. Hearts and Hibs need to get a grip of the folk causing the issues rather than hammering everyone that goes.

It’s bad enough getting into Tiny as it without having to add another couple of hours of faffing about to go to a football match.I think every fan should attend Saughton prison on match day, get strip searched by big **** off hairy faced guards before being hot iron branded with a unique number onto your forehead, and then have a chipped electronic tag placed onto your ankle, then finally everyone is chucked a bright orange boiler suit, ankle chained and frog marched to tiny

Thats the alternative to what Hermit is suggesting 😁

Hermit Crab
07-03-2024, 02:35 PM

3. Out of town fans who already have to leave early to travel to the game won't want to add time to get into and out of the city center

What's needed is for folk to behave in the first place, the police to do their job if they don't and actually arrest the fannies, better stewarding to ensure folk sit in their designated seat so there is some accountability if they misbehave and for some self policing.

It’s bad enough getting into Tiny as it without having to add another couple of hours of faffing about to go to a football match.

We shouldn't accept it and neither should hertz though cutting the away allocation for the derby should be the very last option for either club to do .

Doesn't achieve anything other than stops proper fans from supporting their team , still left with the problem who might decide to throw things at home against a team like Motherwell or one of the rest of the teams because they have a player who they don't like as well .

What do we do then ? Ban there fans too? .

Both clubs have had issues and should work together and identify who's responsible and root them out . A few life time bans on both sides might be a real eye opener and make them think twice if they do actually care about their football club.

100% this

I think every fan should attend Saughton prison on match day, get strip searched by big **** off hairy faced guards before being hot iron branded with a unique number onto your forehead, and then have a chipped electronic tag placed onto your ankle, then finally everyone is chucked a bright orange boiler suit, ankle chained and frog marched to tiny

Thats the alternative to what Hermit is suggesting 😁

We don't want any of these sanctions or inconveniences when it comes to attending a game but our fans need to behave at games or we will end up being punished.

JimBHibees
07-03-2024, 02:43 PM

Agree your proposal genuinely doesn't take much sorting just proper crowd control and a bit of personal accountability from fans.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2024, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Baldy Foghorn;7606165]100% this

The throwing of pies, cups of liquid, lighters, vapes, coins, corkscrews, and coconut 🥥 needs to stop.

The decent majority will be punished if they choose to cut allocation of tickets

worcesterhibby
07-03-2024, 03:07 PM
How about the Police do their Job. (for once). They get paid a fortune to Police games and they generally do absolutely nothing about law breaking even when it is obvious and in front of them. They are very keen to put up barriers and hold Hibs fans back to let Rangers fans get away first, but very, very slow to take any action to stop law breaking (unless of course you are driving at 34mph in a 30 zone).

It is the Police's job to uphold the law, as citizens we all pay our taxes to pay their wages and as football fans we pay twice becuase the clubs get charged for Policing too. It's about time they started doing that job properly. There are dozens of CCTV cameras at the games, Police Scotland...do your job.

LaMotta
07-03-2024, 04:35 PM
We don't want any of these sanctions or inconveniences when it comes to attending a game but our fans need to behave at games or we will end up being punished.

Agreed but how does that idea stop people throwing things or misbehaving once in the ground? It doesn't change anything on that front.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2024, 04:42 PM
Never bought into self policing, if someone is going to throw something, I would suspect they'll be happy to punch you in coupon, if you pulled them up. Don't fancy that much

Hiber-nation
07-03-2024, 05:10 PM
**** that. 90% of folk that go to Tiny know how to behave

There was a lot of booing from our end when the thousandth missile rained down. Don't know if anyone was being challenged but it was clear that the vast majority of our fans were disgusted by it.

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2024, 08:03 PM
Never bought into self policing, if someone is going to throw something, I would suspect they'll be happy to punch you in coupon, if you pulled them up. Don't fancy that much

Agree with this mate. End up in a fight and getting sacked all for trying to stop a dafty doing daft stuff.

Frazerbob
07-03-2024, 08:11 PM

The Tartan Army have been doing since the 70’s. I’ve seen it many times when young lads get a bit excited and are given a talking to and told reign it in.

ancient hibee
07-03-2024, 09:31 PM
How about the Police do their Job. (for once). They get paid a fortune to Police games and they generally do absolutely nothing about law breaking even when it is obvious and in front of them. They are very keen to put up barriers and hold Hibs fans back to let Rangers fans get away first, but very, very slow to take any action to stop law breaking (unless of course you are driving at 34mph in a 30 zone).

It is the Police's job to uphold the law, as citizens we all pay our taxes to pay their wages and as football fans we pay twice becuase the clubs get charged for Policing too. It's about time they started doing that job properly. There are dozens of CCTV cameras at the games, Police Scotland...do your job.
Police Scotland have given up on low level crimes.Football misbehaviour won’t get a look in

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2024, 10:07 PM
Police Scotland have given up on low level crimes.Football misbehaviour won’t get a look in

It’s not worth the hassle - a couple of cops trying to lift someone in the crowd would have more folk turn on the police than the dafty. IMO.

Jones28
07-03-2024, 10:16 PM
The Tartan Army have been doing since the 70’s. I’ve seen it many times when young lads get a bit excited and are given a talking to and told reign it in.

It’s a cultural thing with them. It would never happen now.

I’ve tried to self police and regretted.

I even ended up in a rammy with some Hibs casuals for asking one of them move out the way of my seat that I stood up from to let him out the row.

green day
08-03-2024, 06:41 AM

I know what you mean..................but for me, our clubs - who have no choice but to pay the large sums required for X number of police officers at a match - should expect more.

I have lost count of the number of times that I have seen poor/illegal behaviour within a ground, and police standing around the pitch (or in a corner) doing absolutely nothing.

Whats their excuse, that minimum wage, poorly trained stewards are in the concourse? Its ridiculous.

It must be the easiest overtime these guys get all week.

CentreLine
08-03-2024, 06:57 AM

From a personal perspective I would fully support hearts significantly cutting out allocation, not indefinitely but for the next derby. A section of our fans were way out of order, endangering people at their place of work. If our fans cannot behave safely and reasonably we have to accept the consequences and call out the morons.
I have no interest in listening to the whataboutery. That is the language of deflection. No need to reduce their allocation fur their support in retaliation but of course in future should their fans cross the line at ER next derby.
Fans need to fathom out their actions have consequences for all.

B.H.F.C
08-03-2024, 08:12 AM
From a personal perspective I would fully support hearts significantly cutting out allocation, not indefinitely but for the next derby. A section of our fans were way out of order, endangering people at their place of work. If our fans cannot behave safely and reasonably we have to accept the consequences and call out the morons.
I have no interest in listening to the whataboutery. That is the language of deflection. No need to reduce their allocation fur their support in retaliation but of course in future should their fans cross the line at ER next derby.

Away and twirl your scarf. If they cut us, we cut them. It’s not as if they behaved like angels at the same game so **** them taking the moral high ground.

That’s not whataboutery because nobody is saying what happened is right.

As soon as allocations are cut, that’s it, they won’t be increased again. Needs to be avoided.

green day
08-03-2024, 08:57 AM

Hearts fans destroyed several hundred of the seats in the South Stand at the end of the last ER derby (which their club pays to reinstate, the idiots).

Who is to say that cutting the allocation would get rid of the idiot faction, anyway?

I wouldnt give Budge an inch, tbh - until she comes out with a public statement about the attack on Marjan Cabraja at Tynecastle.

Is that whataboutery? Maybe, but whats 100% true is that she never says word one about their fans behaviour, songs, flags, missiles, attacks on players.

Carheenlea
08-03-2024, 09:10 AM

You can cut the allocation and normal fans lose out, while the club sets aside sections for groups with a history of misdemeanours (by hangers-on©️).

Cutting the allocation isn’t going to solve very much. It’s a punishment rather than a solution.

Donegal Hibby
08-03-2024, 10:10 AM

I don't support any of the two clubs cutting either's allocation even for one derby , why should ordinary decent fans be punished too? .

What does banning the away support in what is a special derby do to make it better or enhance it ? . Does it solve the problem of both teams having a hooligan element in their support? .

The only solution that I can see for both clubs ( not one ) that have this problem is to work together in identifying who the culprits are and ban them from attending games .

I find it strange hertz have brought this talk up about cutting allocations so quickly as it doesn't achieve, improve or is anyway beneficial to either club and should be the very last option to be getting discussed Imo .

Hopefully it won't happen because football loses every way on it IMO.

Springbank
08-03-2024, 04:05 PM
It was a terrible decision from the ref that provoked the trouble

If Hearts want no repeat then here's the deal - move your VAR screen to between the dugouts by the 4th official & not in with the sex offenders of the westfield stand

Since90+2
08-03-2024, 04:24 PM
Away and twirl your scarf. If they cut us, we cut them. It’s not as if they behaved like angels at the same game so **** them taking the moral high ground.

That’s not whataboutery because nobody is saying what happened is right.

As soon as allocations are cut, that’s it, they won’t be increased again. Needs to be avoided.

100% bang on. I'm genuinely surprised we have Hibs fans supporting the idea of Hearts cutting our allocation.

Less fans at games, kills the atmosphere, we'll do the same and the derby will never return to what it is.

Hearts fans have physically attacked out players on multiple occasions, chucked a coin at our manager, at the last derby had a fight with stewards and last game at ER smashed seats up.

They they approached the barrier at the West on the way past and tried to break down the barrier (in their thousands, whilst 2 or 3 Hibs fans stood there, the Hearts way indeed).

Jones28
08-03-2024, 05:35 PM

If Hearts want no repeat then here's the deal - move your VAR screen to between the dugouts by the 4th official & not in with the sex offenders of the westfield stand

It wasn’t. No matter the decision there should never be things thrown on the pitch.

I do sort of agree with your other point though, why is their screen away from the dugouts and surrounded by the flumps? Is the £20m mega stand too diddy to handle a telly?

Hiber-nation
08-03-2024, 05:40 PM

That is absolute nonsense. It started well before that. There are no excuses whatsoever for chucking stuff on the pitch and into opposition fans. Did you not see the smoke bomb that nearly hit the ball boy?

gbhibby
08-03-2024, 05:57 PM
It wasn’t. No matter the decision there should never be things thrown on the pitch.

I do sort of agree with your other point though, why is their screen away from the dugouts and surrounded by the flumps? Is the £20m mega stand too diddy to handle a telly?
Surprised they were allowed to site the monitor there.

vuefrom1875
08-03-2024, 06:50 PM

Here's an idea.

This has been tried and tested previously for collections at Man City away European games, I know because I had to go through the same process for Celtic away in the champs league years ago, tickets were collected from the old fruit market in Glasgow. Both tickets and wristbands were checked 2 times before getting to the turnstiles at parkhead as well. The system does work but it is a bit nippy with all the queuing but if its organised correctly it works well......slaver.

Hermit Crab
08-03-2024, 09:22 PM
.....slaver.

Thank you for playing. Come again.

JimBHibees
09-03-2024, 08:14 AM
Thank you for playing. Come again.

:greengrin

jacomo
09-03-2024, 08:35 AM

And breaking the seats. And vandalising the stadium.

Not engaging in whataboutery here, but both clubs have a proportion of problematic fans.

B.H.F.C
09-03-2024, 09:23 AM
Reading some of her comments and actually think they’re relatively fair.

"It is really important. It is not one set of fans and not the other. I was watching the game even though I was not here, and I know comments were made about Hearts fans throwing things as well and it is true. We have to work together. We have the same problem. Nobody wants it."

Se7enUp
09-03-2024, 10:38 AM

Not engaging in whataboutery here, but both clubs have a proportion of problematic fans.

Accusations of "whataboutery' come from people who like to indulge in a bit of self-flagellation. I have no interest in only sorting things at Hibs to the exclusion of pointing the finger at others and telling them to get their house in order. It also irritates the hell out of me when we're doffing our caps to complaints from reps & fans of other clubs who have an as big, if not bigger, misbehaving fans problem, a problem that's usually unacknowledged.

Jones28
09-03-2024, 10:41 AM

I’ve acknowledged that previously in the thread and it’s fair to comment. That has always happened AFAIK and clubs quietly pay one another for the damage, like when the toilets at tynecastle get smashed up.

Jones28
09-03-2024, 10:42 AM
Accusations of "whataboutery' come from people who like to indulge in a bit of self-flagellation. I have no interest in only sorting things at Hibs to the exclusion of pointing the finger at others and telling them to get their house in order. It also irritates the hell out of me when we're doffing our caps to complaints from reps & fans of other clubs who have an as big, if not bigger, misbehaving fans problem, a problem that's usually unacknowledged.

Who’s doffing their caps?

green day
09-03-2024, 10:47 AM
I’ve acknowledged that previously in the thread and it’s fair to comment. That has always happened AFAIK and clubs quietly pay one another for the damage, like when the toilets at tynecastle get smashed up.

I think you mean the world class toilets at tynecastle.

Septimus
09-03-2024, 01:00 PM
I'm not sticking up for anybody, and it was never my scene (I was a goth), but the boring dad you are now sitting next to was maybe a casual in the day, and the grandad was possibly a hoolie, and the great grandad was...I dunno what they were called in the 50's.

as one great grandad my recollection is that fans stood together, exchanged banter and enjoyed our chosen sport.

It will always be a part of football.

And it was a much more enjoyable experience.

Smartie
09-03-2024, 07:24 PM
I think you mean the world class toilets at tynecastle.

They famously have a better atmosphere than any other toilet in the country.

If you bring up a photo of the Tynecastle pitch on your phone when having a dump in said toilet then technically you also have a pitch view, a first for Scotland.

gbhibby
09-03-2024, 08:02 PM
They famously have a better atmosphere than any other toilet in the country.

If you bring up a photo of the Tynecastle pitch on your phone when having a dump in said toilet then technically you also have a pitch view, a first for Scotland.
That would give you a dose of the runs.

JohnM1875
09-03-2024, 08:09 PM
Reading some of her comments and actually think they’re relatively fair.

"It is really important. It is not one set of fans and not the other. I was watching the game even though I was not here, and I know comments were made about Hearts fans throwing things as well and it is true. We have to work together. We have the same problem. Nobody wants it."

She's spot on to be then. Fair play to her.

Ozyhibby
10-03-2024, 10:43 AM
Anyone in the section directly behind the goals should be banned from Tynecastle tickets for the foreseeable future. That should help .

Diclonius
10-03-2024, 10:58 AM
For the all the people engaging in whataboutery, allow me to make it perfectly clear:

When the inevitable happens and away allocations are cut/removed entirely at derbies, Hibs and Hearts fans will blame 1. the people involved in the violence, on both sides and 2. you. Whilst people shouldn't actually do it in the first place, the belief that "actually, the other side does it and they're worse" is a hell of an excuse to keep doing it.

You can continue to say they're actually worse so us doing it is fine actually, or continue to attend derbies at Tynecastle. Pick one. :aok:

Keith_M
10-03-2024, 11:00 AM
I read Ann Budge's most recent comments and thought she was very honest and very fair, pointing out that the issue is not just one set of fans but includes their own.

She also said both clubs need to work together on this, and I totally agree

B.H.F.C
10-03-2024, 11:17 AM
For the all the people engaging in whataboutery, allow me to make it perfectly clear:

When the inevitable happens and away allocations are cut/removed entirely at derbies, Hibs and Hearts fans will blame 1. the people involved in the violence, on both sides and 2. you. Whilst people shouldn't actually do it in the first place, the belief that "actually, the other side does it and they're worse" is a hell of an excuse to keep doing it.

You can continue to say they're actually worse so us doing it is fine actually, or continue to attend derbies at Tynecastle. Pick one. :aok:

It’s not about whataboutery, there is a problem with both sides. Even Auld Budgie says so.

Diclonius
10-03-2024, 11:29 AM
It’s not about whataboutery, there is a problem with both sides. Even Auld Budgie says so.

And we would get far better results if we focused on fixing our own problems instead of complaining about theirs.

B.H.F.C
10-03-2024, 11:35 AM
And we would get far better results if we focused on fixing our own problems instead of complaining about theirs.

No seen anyone saying that what happened/happens is ok. Or that it’s ok to crack on as they’re worse or anything like that.

It’s totally fair to comment that it’s not just an issue for us though. Why would we only condemn our own rather than the problem in general?

Diclonius
10-03-2024, 11:38 AM
No seen anyone saying that what happened/happens is ok. Or that it’s ok to crack on as they’re worse or anything like that.

It’s totally fair to comment that it’s not just an issue for us though. Why would we only condemn our own rather than the problem in general?

It is absolutely not just an issue for us. But the prime objective of the whataboutism is to absolve your side of any responsibility. I'm sure over on Kickback their roasters have been using the exact same tactic since the Cabraja incident and guess what, it's working!

You only have to cross the M8 to see the inevitable result of constantly blaming the other side for your behaviour.

Carheenlea
10-03-2024, 11:38 AM
I read Ann Budge's most recent comments and thought she was very honest and very fair, pointing out that the issue is not just one set of fans but includes their own.

She also said both clubs need to work together on this, and I totally agree

Good to see some more pragmatic opinion rather than simple threats to cut allocations. She’ll know it’s a problem that’s not going to be solved on such basis.

I’d be anticipating a joint statement ahead of the next derby warning fans about unacceptable conduct and the implications for those who fall foul, be that in the home stands or away.

A little reminder to the police and stewarding company that they could be upping their game a bit given how much they get paid for overseeing the security and safety on match days wouldn’t go amiss either.

Hibbyradge
10-03-2024, 11:48 AM
It's somewhat ironic that we have this thread discussing the possible reduction in tickets because of fan behaviour and another thread bemoaning the fact that alcohol isn't allowed inside football stadia.

Bloody toffs...