PDA

View Full Version : Dutch contingent?

LewysGot2
02-03-2024, 06:38 PM
After some of our fans allegedly giving derby tickets to OLympic Marseille fans, I'm sure today I saw/heard a large group of Dutch supporters at today's game?
Not quite the same contentious nature as folk getting access to the derby 😉 obviously but wondered if this was Vente linked or something else. Anyone know?

CallumLaidlaw
02-03-2024, 06:39 PM
After some of our fans allegedly giving derby tickets to OLympic Marseille fans, I'm sure today I saw/heard a large group of Dutch supporters at today's game?
Not quite the same contentious nature as folk getting access to the derby [emoji6] obviously but wondered if this was Vente linked or something else. Anyone know?

Aye they were in the Hibs club wearing matching gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinity Hibee
02-03-2024, 06:43 PM
Not quite the same contentious nature as folk getting access to the derby 😉 obviously but wondered if this was Vente linked or something else. Anyone know?

Marseille fans managed to get derby tickets? I’ve missed that one

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-03-2024, 06:44 PM
Isn't there a connection between Hibs and Groningen fans?

greenlex
02-03-2024, 06:45 PM
Bugger. I thought this was a summer transfer scoop. :embarrass

BS44
02-03-2024, 06:53 PM

There was roughly 20 Heerenveen fans in the west stand today, sat at the right hand side towards the Dunbar end. Had a quick chat with one of them on the way out, didn't mention our friendship with Gronigen!

Phil MaGlass
02-03-2024, 07:27 PM
Theres a very large contingent from Groningen that follow Hibs, met loads of them a while back in Essen. Absolute brilliant day oot.
Maybe an idea for them to get in touch with each other.

LewysGot2
02-03-2024, 07:55 PM
So apparently there were Groningen fans, Heerenveen fans and FC Roda fans at the game today. 👍

Dutch tribute act next weekend, too 😉

LewysGot2
02-03-2024, 07:56 PM
Marseille fans managed to get derby tickets? I’ve missed that one

Plenty about it on the derby threads 👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-03-2024, 07:57 PM
Theres a very large contingent from Groningen that follow Hibs, met loads of them a while back in Essen. Absolute brilliant day oot.

I loved Essen, brilliant trip for the Rot Weiss game. The supporters bar at the stadium was magic. 🍺

Carheenlea
02-03-2024, 08:04 PM
I was relocated to FFL for Hibs kids game at that St Mirren debacle a few weeks back and there were a few Dutch fans next to us. I gathered that they were friends of Vente after some acknowledgement back and forward as he warmed up as he was on the bench that afternoon.

DH1875
02-03-2024, 08:41 PM
Is the Marseille thing true? I genuinely thought it was a wind up.
I think although Heerenven v Groningen is a derby they get on alright and no trouble between the fans.

VoltaireHibs
02-03-2024, 10:00 PM
So apparently there were Groningen fans, Heerenveen fans and FC Roda fans at the game today. 👍

Dutch tribute act next weekend, too 😉

Should we be thinking about an orange away strip?

Okay, maybe not.

Kato
02-03-2024, 10:17 PM

Okay, maybe not.It's part of the Irish flag.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

RMQ1967
02-03-2024, 10:31 PM
The Dutch guys were in the Hibs Club before the game as guests of one of the branches.

Occasional occurrence I think.

Carheenlea
02-03-2024, 10:41 PM

Okay, maybe not.

:hilarious

Glory Lurker
02-03-2024, 10:56 PM

Okay, maybe not.

Why not? Maroon would be daft but other than that is there a colour we shouldn't wear?

VoltaireHibs
02-03-2024, 11:03 PM
Why not? Maroon would be daft but other than that is there a colour we shouldn't wear?

Yes, and that colour is orange.

Glory Lurker
02-03-2024, 11:12 PM
Yes, and that colour is orange.

And? Because of some 17th century stuff? Does nobody think of the atheists?

VoltaireHibs
02-03-2024, 11:22 PM
And? Because of some 17th century stuff? Does nobody think of the atheists?

My concerns are a tad more recent than that.

HoboHarry
03-03-2024, 01:57 AM
Yes, we shoud never wear any colour on the planet other than green and white with yellow and purple for away tops.

joe breezy
03-03-2024, 02:23 AM
Yes, we shoud never wear any colour on the planet other than green and white with yellow and purple for away tops.

No black ?

HoboHarry
03-03-2024, 02:38 AM
No black ?

Ah silly me, yes you're right, black is allowed too :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
03-03-2024, 05:45 AM
Baws.......I thought is was some pre-contract deals

Keith_M
03-03-2024, 08:06 AM

I want dark blue with a white saltire for the away strip

haagsehibby
03-03-2024, 09:37 AM

Hi Phil, have pm’d you regarding next week.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2024, 10:19 AM
The club absolutely should tap into football tourism I’m sure there’s room for that and suggested as much as I recall during Let’s work Together. We have budget airlines with routes around Europe. Could tie in with hospitality packages now.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 10:22 AM
The club absolutely should tap into football tourism I’m sure there’s room for that and suggested as much as I recall during Let’s work Together. We have budget airlines with routes around Europe. Could tie in with hospitality packages now.

Please god no. Daytrippers and more folk taking flights for frivolous reasons is not what we or the world needs. Self professed greenest club in Scotland are we not? Edinburgh is Disneyfied enough as it is without making a trip to the football another excursion into tourist land.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2024, 10:48 AM
Please god no. Daytrippers and more folk taking flights for frivolous reasons is not what we or the world needs. Self professed greenest club in Scotland are we not? Edinburgh is Disneyfied enough as it is without making a trip to the football another excursion into tourist land.

Beauty of the Internet - always someone on to tell you why you’re wrong :)

but I tak your point, although as long as budget flights are a thing they’ll be flying anyway. But I get the contradiction. Where must we draw the line tho? Should we only stick with playing UK based matches as a team?

I would imagine the numbers wouldn’t be vast could be seen as part of the expansion of a hospitality offering.

also - it happens anyway - I know a number of folks that have gone to experience other teams in Germany, Spain and so on.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 11:03 AM
Beauty of the Internet - always someone on to tell you why you’re wrong :)

but I tak your point, although as long as budget flights are a thing they’ll be flying anyway. But I get the contradiction. Where must we draw the line tho? Should we only stick with playing UK based matches as a team?

I would imagine the numbers wouldn’t be vast could be seen as part of the expansion of a hospitality offering.

also - it happens anyway - I know a number of folks that have gone to experience other teams in Germany, Spain and so on.

Yes, folk do it individually, and that's fine, we all like to have new experiences, but I, personally, would prefer that the club didn't encourage it. It may not be many for us, but if it becomes a thing and lots of clubs do it then the impact does become bigger. I know clubs like Barca/Man City etc have these things as packages for tourists, but I'd
really rather we didn't go down that route.

Stairway 2 7
03-03-2024, 11:41 AM
Yes, folk do it individually, and that's fine, we all like to have new experiences, but I, personally, would prefer that the club didn't encourage it. It may not be many for us, but if it becomes a thing and lots of clubs do it then the impact does become bigger. I know clubs like Barca/Man City etc have these things as packages for tourists, but I'd

It's wild that you think hibs can attract a meaningful number of tourists when the EPL and the El Classico clubs are around. People aren't flying for us unless they have an attachment like the groningen lads. We should definitely advertise to tourists though, they won't come from abroad for it but they are already here in mass numbers. At the least a wee pop up for the summer months up town to grab some euros or dollars, uncle Bill can even sell Vegas Knights tops

DH1875
03-03-2024, 11:48 AM
We should open a theme park like the one Real Madrid have in erm,............Dubai.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2024, 11:49 AM
We really need to turn down additional revenue, not
We had 4000/5000 or more empty seats yesterday

Greensunshine
03-03-2024, 11:55 AM

Why the hell not? Some folk like going to museums, others like to go for the shopping or theme parks, why not football?

s.a.m
03-03-2024, 12:06 PM

We've never travelled specifically to watch a game, but everywhere we've been we've tried to watch some football or, failing that, some other sport. I take your point about not opening up new travel package options, but Edinburgh is chocabloc with tourists and temporary workers and students. They're here anyway.

Bristolhibby
03-03-2024, 12:14 PM

I took my mate and 20 lads up to Edinburgh on a stag do. The Saturday entertainment was Hibs v St Mirren. We won 2-0. Took them to the Harp and Castle pre and post game. They loved it.

Was a few years ago mind. Rob Jones with a header from a corner for the opening goal (standard).

J

babahibs
03-03-2024, 12:52 PM
I've never travelled specifically to take in a game except Hibs or Scotland but when I'm on holiday I'm always on the lookout for a game to take in, some great experiences over the years.
Just the other week I was at the Sukhothai v Bangkok Utd game, great fun getting pissed with the locals before, during and after. I've now got a Sukhothai shirt for the collection.
Hibs should definitely be marketing themselves to students and tourists, Edinburgh is teaming with them. Grow the brand.

Itsnoteasy
03-03-2024, 01:18 PM
We really need to turn down additional revenue, not
We had 4000/5000 or more empty seats yesterday

Ah but people want to cut old firm tix to 1000.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 01:40 PM
It's wild that you think hibs can attract a meaningful number of tourists when the EPL and the El Classico clubs are around. People aren't flying for us unless they have an attachment like the groningen lads. We should definitely advertise to tourists though, they won't come from abroad for it but they are already here in mass numbers. At the least a wee pop up for the summer months up town to grab some euros or dollars, uncle Bill can even sell Vegas Knights tops

Yeah, I agree with the idea of pop up shop during tourist season (remind when it's not...), that's a decent idea and one that's been floated a few times. But it's also tricky to sell certain games to what are essentially random strangers. It would need to be a passport check etc to stop infiltration by the undesirables.

But encouraging folk to come over from Europe to see Hibs is just a no-no from me, in whatever numbers they come.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 01:43 PM
Why the hell not? Some folk like going to museums, others like to go for the shopping or theme parks, why not football?

If they're already here then absolutely. The original post was saying, and I might have got it wrong, that we should be encouraging folk to come here to see Hibs.

I just think we need far fewer folk on planes.

Itsnoteasy
03-03-2024, 01:52 PM
If they're already here then absolutely. The original post was saying, and I might have got it wrong, that we should be encouraging folk to come here to see Hibs.

I just think we need far fewer folk on planes.

Hard enough to encourage our own fans.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 02:06 PM
Hard enough to encourage our own fans.

A winning team and we have no issue attracting fans. I'd love to see us be consistently 3rd or 4th playing good football and watch the fan base grow, which I think it would.

Phil MaGlass
03-03-2024, 03:45 PM
I loved Essen, brilliant trip for the Rot Weiss game. The supporters bar at the stadium was magic. 🍺

We had a few beers in the toon then got on the bus to the stadium where everyone on the bus was giving us free beer, fot near tothe stadium and some guy was selling half litre bottles out his hoose window for a euro. Great day all in.

Alex Trager
03-03-2024, 05:45 PM

Tbf, we’re in what must be one of the most visited cities in the world.

If they are already in the city, why not tap into them?

DC_Hibs
03-03-2024, 06:20 PM
If they are already in the city, why not tap into them?

You’re some boy!