PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Quarter Final ticket sales.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Real Emerald
02-03-2024, 05:52 PM
Looks pretty bad so far and not a great uptake from ST holders. I really hope it picks up big time as this is a huge game for us and a great opportunity. It’s not the best of KO times at tea time on a Sunday but a bouncing Easter Road would be great.

Keith_M
02-03-2024, 06:00 PM
I think with our recent form/results, plus Motherwell showing Der Hun aren't invincible, the ticket sales should pick up quite a bit this week

H18 SFR
02-03-2024, 06:56 PM
Chat today at the game was block 7 have purchased tickets in the centre block of the family section in the famous five lower.

Going to have to call the ticket office to get our seats moved on Monday. Bit of a pain in the arse.

CallumLaidlaw
02-03-2024, 07:00 PM
Chat today at the game was block 7 have purchased tickets in the centre block of the family section in the famous five lower.

Going to have to call the ticket office to get our seats moved on Monday. Bit of a pain in the arse.

Was pointed out when the tickets went on sale that it was being used as another behind the goals singing section game in fairness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
02-03-2024, 07:03 PM
Was pointed out when the tickets went on sale that it was being used as another behind the goals singing section game in fairness.

Fair enough. That’s on me for not picking up on it.

It might be a good indicator of the enthusiasm for what is coming. I know there has been lots of chat about the big gaps in terms of empty seats. Folk might get a glimpse of the future in terms of that full lower sold out.

Carheenlea
02-03-2024, 07:03 PM
“It’s three games in a week and it’s an opportunity to get points. We should have had nine but we’ll take seven. All we can do is look forward to the next game against Rangers on Sunday. Really happy and proud of the boys’ effort this week, and to finish it off with three points at home in front of the fans is something we really wanted to do. Hopefully they come out in force next Sunday for a big game against Rangers

Nick Montgomery

Bakerman
03-03-2024, 04:41 PM
Logged in today, to buy tickets, but won't show ticket areas, keeps birling around. Anyone else having issues, and is the ticket office still open during the week? Will buy tickets from there, if possible?

Real Emerald
03-03-2024, 05:30 PM
Logged in today, to buy tickets, but won't show ticket areas, keeps birling around. Anyone else having issues, and is the ticket office still open during the week? Will buy tickets from there, if possible?

Just looked at Hibs tickets on Ticketmaster on my IPhone and it’s working fine.

Bakerman
03-03-2024, 05:37 PM
Just looked at Hibs tickets on Ticketmaster on my IPhone and it’s working fine.

Thanks for letting me know :aok:

I just keep getting the refresher circle when I go in to buy tickets for the Rangers match. I'm near the ground this week, and will go in to buy tickets, if it keeps happening.

Looking forward to it, and celebratory Sunday night pub drinks :greengrin, here's hoping.

Real Emerald
03-03-2024, 05:41 PM
Thanks for letting me know :aok:

I just keep getting the refresher circle when I go in to buy tickets for the Rangers match. I'm near the ground this week, and will go in to buy tickets, if it keeps happening.

Looking forward to it, and celebratory Sunday night pub drinks :greengrin, here's hoping.

TBF I didn’t go through the buying process as I got mine last Sunday. iit may not work for me either if I was to actually try to buy. Good luck 🤞

Bakerman
03-03-2024, 05:43 PM
TBF I didn’t go through the buying process as I got mine last Sunday. iit may not work for me either if I was to actually try to buy. Good luck 🤞

Yes, I went in to purchase, but only getting a circle rotating round and round, instead of showing areas of availability. I'll try again tomorrow, if not, I'll visit the ticket office.

:aok:

Hibernian Verse
03-03-2024, 05:43 PM
It’s Mother’s Day which might hit sales as well

CB Hibs 68
03-03-2024, 05:57 PM

Nope .The sales will pick up over the course of the next week.No where near a sell out but I am going for 15000.

weecounty hibby
03-03-2024, 06:35 PM
Can't go, I'll be in Rome for the rugby. Will be trying to find a pub to watch it. Any other Hibbies across there and any ideas of a pub to watch it in?

Up-the-slope
03-03-2024, 07:23 PM

Was pathetic this morning. Like old dial up connection and then failing

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365878-e-ticketing

Bakerman
03-03-2024, 07:27 PM
Was pathetic this morning. Like old dial up connection and then failing

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365878-e-ticketing

Thanks for confirming. If its not fixed by tomorrow, I'll visit the ticket office. Thought I might be banned, for being an auld time Hibernian Radge, back inthe day. :greengrin Still am sometimes.

LewysGot2
03-03-2024, 07:54 PM
My group is decimated. 3 off egg chasing in Italy, 1 with prearranged Mother's Day stuff and another has their own kid playing in Dundee that afternoon. Just me and my lassie left with tickets out of a usual 7 STHs

LaMotta
03-03-2024, 08:38 PM

Sorry what?

Sparrows tongue
03-03-2024, 09:04 PM
Sorry what?

Much as I love my mummy, I suspect he was being sarcastic. :aok:

He's here!
03-03-2024, 09:05 PM

That would have been more of an issue with a lunchtime kick-off I think. In saying that my cousin's kids are treating their mum to afternoon tea at Prestonfield so that's 4 Hibs fans not going to the game who might otherwise have been there.

greenlex
03-03-2024, 09:08 PM
I suspect he wasn’t. It will undoubtably hit sales. Some fathers quite rightly put their wives before football.

Moulin Yarns
03-03-2024, 09:09 PM

Actually, isn't it Mothering Sunday, an Anglican festival where people are meant to return to their "mother church"????

He's here!
03-03-2024, 09:10 PM
My group is decimated. 3 off egg chasing in Italy, 1 with prearranged Mother's Day stuff and another has their own kid playing in Dundee that afternoon. Just me and my lassie left with tickets out of a usual 7 STHs

The Italy trip has become an increasingly popular one with Scotland fans. Big group from my work going.

LaMotta
03-03-2024, 09:16 PM

No I don't think he was.:aok:

I suspect he wasn’t. It will undoubtably hit sales. Some fathers quite rightly put their wives before football.

:hilarious

greenlex
03-03-2024, 09:18 PM
No I don't think he was.:aok:

Is there something amusing you?:confused:

LaMotta
03-03-2024, 09:22 PM
Is there something amusing you?:confused:

Yes, the idea that a Hibs fan genuinely wouldn't come to one of our biggest games of the season because of a ridiculous made up day!

greenlex
03-03-2024, 09:25 PM
Yes, the idea that a Hibs fan genuinely wouldn't come to one of our biggest games of the season because of a ridiculous made up day!
Genuinely there will be hundreds of them. Not sure why it’s amusing mind. It’s fact.

H113EE5
03-03-2024, 09:28 PM
Can't go, I'll be in Rome for the rugby. Will be trying to find a pub to watch it. Any other Hibbies across there and any ideas of a pub to watch it in?

I'm in Rome, as well. Any suggestions would be welcome.

LaMotta
03-03-2024, 09:28 PM
Genuinely there will be hundreds of them. Not sure why it’s amusing mind. It’s fact.

Sorry think that is one of the most ridiculous excuses I've ever heard for someone not going to a game. :hilarious

B.H.F.C
03-03-2024, 09:29 PM

The reason there will be loads of empty seats is simply because folk don’t fancy it.

Hopefully the upturn in the last few weeks will have encouraged a sufficient number of folk to get a decent crowd in. It’s just one of those things where folk are less inclined to attend when they don’t think we’ll win, we’ve seen it for Hampden visits as well. If it was a good Hibs team, things like Mothers Day wouldn’t be so much of an issue.

LaMotta
03-03-2024, 09:35 PM

Highlander pub in central Rome usually shows Scottish games. I watched us beat Spain there last year.

https://www.highlanderome.com/58-weekly-sports-schedule

10 min walk from the Trevi fountain.

greenlex
03-03-2024, 09:45 PM
Sorry think that is one of the most ridiculous excuses I've ever heard for someone not going to a game. :hilarious
It’s not an excuse putting family first surely? Each to their own I suppose. I say that as someone who will be at the game by the way. Don’t find it either amusing or ridiculous.

LaMotta
03-03-2024, 09:51 PM
It’s not an excuse putting family first surely? Each to their own I suppose. I say that as someone who will be at the game by the way. Don’t find it either amusing or ridiculous.

The game Kicks off at 5.30pm. If someone wants to be there, Mothers Day wont be stopping them no matter how seriously they take it. Although I don't know anyone that takes Mothers Day seriously and I wouldn't say celebrating that day is putting family first. As you say, each to their own.

He's here!
03-03-2024, 10:19 PM

Why? What's ridiculous about folk doing something nice for their mum?

Jamesie
03-03-2024, 10:20 PM
The Italy trip has become an increasingly popular one with Scotland fans. Big group from my work going.

I will also be there with another hibs.net member. When kick off for the Scottish Cup tie was announced as 17:30 we looked at flights and as chance would have it easyJet had just put on a flight departing Rome for Edinburgh at 11:15 on the Sunday, arriving in Edinburgh at 13:40. We got it for about £60 each and as our preexisting flight was booked with BA award points we didn’t lose out on that. Let’s hope the cup tie is worth the palaver :greengrin

Jamesie
03-03-2024, 10:22 PM
Highlander pub in central Rome usually shows Scottish games. I watched us beat Spain there last year.

https://www.highlanderome.com/58-weekly-sports-schedule

10 min walk from the Trevi fountain.

It’s a bit of a sweaty, no windowed, underground type of bar though. I’d try one of the Irish bars first.

Brooster
03-03-2024, 11:09 PM
Some cracking excuses getting rolled out from the day trippers for this one I see.

joe breezy
04-03-2024, 12:44 AM

You can still do something nice for your Mum and go to a football match at 530pm

I’m taking my Mum & Sad out for a meal then me and my Dad are going to the game

joe breezy
04-03-2024, 12:46 AM
The reason there will be loads of empty seats is simply because folk don’t fancy it.

Hopefully the upturn in the last few weeks will have encouraged a sufficient number of folk to get a decent crowd in. It’s just one of those things where folk are less inclined to attend when they don’t think we’ll win, we’ve seen it for Hampden visits as well. If it was a good Hibs team, things like Mothers Day wouldn’t be so much of an issue.

It’s not that bad a Hibs team

Dashing Bob S
04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
I think it would be shame if there was a poor home support as given our upturn in form and quality and the Huns crowded fixture list, we have an outside chance of going through.

However I do think a lot of people are pretty much done with home games against the OF, having to listen to a bunch of professional celebrators high on their financial advantages and intoxicated with their sectarian pantomime.

If this was St Mirren/Adeen/Dundee/Killie for a semi place at Hampden, we would probably be close to selling out the home stands by now.

He's here!
04-03-2024, 05:59 AM
You can still do something nice for your Mum and go to a football match at 530pm

I’m taking my Mum & Sad out for a meal then me and my Dad are going to the game

Yes, I said as much myself earlier. It's more the insinuation that embracing Mother's Day is somehow for saddos that I was questioning.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2024, 06:04 AM
Some cracking excuses getting rolled out from the day trippers for this one I see.

Crazy eh S? My late Mum would have burst out laughing if she thought I was missing the Hibs game to see her instead.

green day
04-03-2024, 06:07 AM

Indeed - as soon as the date came out I texted my Mum and asked her which day she wanted to go for lunch - Friday or Saturday :agree:.

She would have felt guilty if I had missed the match simply for Mothers Day.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2024, 06:19 AM
I'm going to the game with my mum, problem solved.

Each to their own though. My wife and I don't do any of the made up Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day stuff. We'll get a card or whatever but that's about it. I know some people who do take it seriously though and some guys who are total ********s to their wives for much of the year but think nothing of dropping serious cash on these days, maybe a guilty conscience thing?

No one needs an 'excuse' not to go to the football. If they would rather go for a meal with their spouse or mum or both then it's nobody's business but their own. Wouldn't be my decision but then it's not having any direct impact on me so I don't really care what they do.

Hibernian Verse
04-03-2024, 06:21 AM
Sorry what?

Just for clarification I am going to the game :greengrin

HH81
04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Sounds a but like the semi final a few years back. Same kind of day and time.

What a night that was. I can't make this one though as can't stay over as working Monday.

Annoying but if you can get there, don't miss it, we can do it.

Hibernian Verse
04-03-2024, 06:22 AM

Go to Scholar's Irish Bar, it's near the Colosseum :aok:

PatHead
04-03-2024, 07:33 AM
Yes, I went in to purchase, but only getting a circle rotating round and round, instead of showing areas of availability. I'll try again tomorrow, if not, I'll visit the ticket office.

Ticket system working fine this morning

Bristolhibby
04-03-2024, 07:41 AM

Me too. Think I’m in the air for the return leg though. Might be able to catch the first half on the iPad with a VPN at the airport.

The Drunken Ship seems to be one of the meeting points for the Scottish Rugby Away Tours. No idea if they have tellys or not.

J

hibsbollah
04-03-2024, 07:49 AM

:rolleyes:
Except noone is using it as an ‘excuse’ are they? Some people like doing all sorts of things that clash with their love of Hibs, whether its work related, another interest or maintaining family relationships. Personally i ****ing hate golf but im aware there are also people that don’t.

flash
04-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Never realised we have so many rugger buggers in our support. Not sure Torquil or Findlay are East Stand regulars mind.

marinello59
04-03-2024, 08:00 AM

I’m not going because I don’t feel worthy of sitting amongst the real fans.

Nobody needs an excuse not to attend a game and if people have other things to do that’s their business. They certainly don’t deserve to be sneered at for having different priorities.

Bridge hibs
04-03-2024, 08:01 AM
Except noone is using it as an ‘excuse’ are they? Some people like doing all sorts of things that clash with their love of Hibs, whether its work related, another interest or maintaining family relationships. Personally i ****ing hate golf but im aware there are also people that don’t.

Yep, my family come before hibs, always do and always will, hibs are my hobby, family mean way more than that and I couldnt give a flying one if that upsets the wee petals on here

Bridge hibs
04-03-2024, 08:03 AM

Nobody needs an excuse not to attend a game and if people have other things to do that’s their business. They certainly don’t deserve to be sneered at for having different priorities.Bang on mate

DaveF
04-03-2024, 08:04 AM
Never realised we have so many rugger buggers in our support. Not sure Torquil or Findlay are East Stand regulars mind.

West Stand surely. Why would they sit alongside you ****bags.

DaveF
04-03-2024, 08:06 AM
Anyway, I might go, I might not. Depends on my hospital appointment this week.

Hope that's ok with everyone.

flash
04-03-2024, 08:08 AM
West Stand surely. Why would they sit alongside you ****bags.

I am in the West but haven't noticed anybody drinking aftershave so none there either.
Incidentally a screenshot of your appointment letter would be appreciated.

Scottie
04-03-2024, 08:10 AM
**** me some Uber fans on this thread.

If you can go and fancy it go and if not have a great day. Nobody needs to justify themselves about going to a game or not.

DaveF
04-03-2024, 08:11 AM
I am in the West but haven't noticed anybody drinking aftershave so none there either.
Incidentally a screenshot of your appointment letter would be appreciated.

Struggling to upload but Thursday at 10.05 so see you there for visual confirmation 👍

flash
04-03-2024, 08:25 AM
Struggling to upload but Thursday at 10.05 so see you there for visual confirmation 👍

If its the RIE every chance I will be there. Wife loves an appointment.

flash
04-03-2024, 08:28 AM
**** me some Uber fans on this thread.

If you can go and fancy it go and if not have a great day. Nobody needs to justify themselves about going to a game or not.

Probably not but it's not a good look on a supporters forum to have post after post with people telling us they can't be arsed going to our biggest game of the season.
If I wasn't going I would just maintain radio silence.

Brooster
04-03-2024, 08:31 AM

Nobody needs an excuse not to attend a game and if people have other things to do that’s their business. They certainly don’t deserve to be sneered at for having different priorities.

Fair point but they would all be there if we were playing at Hampden in the final. Daytrippers.

They are on here almost boasting about not going.

LaMotta
04-03-2024, 08:54 AM

Nothing - who said there was? Everyone should be nice to their mum, every day of the year:aok:

LaMotta
04-03-2024, 09:03 AM

Yes they are - people are saying that ticket sales are being affected because its Mother's Day.

People can do what the hell they like, but if they are claiming Mothers day is the reason for non attendance then they had no intention of ever going.

LaMotta
04-03-2024, 09:05 AM
Probably not but it's not a good look on a supporters forum to have post after post with people telling us they can't be arsed going to our biggest game of the season.

Fair point but they would all be there if we were playing at Hampden in the final. Daytrippers.

:agree::agree:

Also the insinuation that if you want to go to this Hibs game then you aren't putting family first.:dizzy:

Hibbyradge
04-03-2024, 09:15 AM
Yes they are - people are saying that ticket sales are being affected because its Mother's Day.

People can do what the hell they like, but if they are claiming Mothers day is the reason for non attendance then they had no intention of ever going.

It's a reason, not an excuse.

Why would anyone need an "excuse" for not going to a football match? :hilarious

No-one is obliged to go.

I'm not going to the game and I don't need to explain myself to anyone.

Peanut Shaz
04-03-2024, 09:17 AM

So my Kids and Grandkids book a lovely afternoon tea/ meal out at 4.30 for me and I’m supposed to say “sorry can’t make it, I’m going to the match”. Sorry but I’m not going to disappoint my family and cause problems because of a game of football. However, I’m fortunate that my family always take into account the fixtures to allow me to do both. Not everyone’s family do. FYI I’m going for brunch with my Daughter at 1200 and going to the game with my Son. Is that ok with you?

Itsnoteasy
04-03-2024, 09:31 AM

Every set of fans have daytrippers.

LaMotta
04-03-2024, 09:39 AM
It's a reason, not an excuse.

Why would anyone need an "excuse" for not going to a football match? :hilarious

No-one is obliged to go.

I'm not going to the game and I don't need to explain myself to anyone.

I'm not saying people need to explain themselves for not going - I'm questioning the idea that has been banded about that ticket sales will be affected because of Mothers day. That just doesn't stack up.

Mcbizz1998
04-03-2024, 09:42 AM
I think it would be shame if there was a poor home support as given our upturn in form and quality and the Huns crowded fixture list, we have an outside chance of going through.

However I do think a lot of people are pretty much done with home games against the OF, having to listen to a bunch of professional celebrators high on their financial advantages and intoxicated with their sectarian pantomime.

If this was St Mirren/Adeen/Dundee/Killie for a semi place at Hampden, we would probably be close to selling out the home stands by now.

I would agree entirely with your point regarding the OF. I will be going, I live locally and have no reason not to go but I must admit I’m not particularly enthusiastic. Spending extra money on top of the season ticket to see us, let’s face it, likely lose and have to listen to those cretins for 90 minutes.

It’s not exactly an attractive offering and if I had something else on I may well have given it a miss.

LaMotta
04-03-2024, 09:44 AM
So my Kids and Grandkids book a lovely afternoon tea/ meal out at 4.30 for me and I’m supposed to say “sorry can’t make it, I’m going to the match”. Sorry but I’m not going to disappoint my family and cause problems because of a game of football. However, I’m fortunate that my family always take into account the fixtures to allow me to do both. Not everyone’s family do. FYI I’m going for brunch with my Daughter at 1200 and going to the game with my Son. Is that ok with you?

So you've invented a scenario whereby you wouldnt have been able to go to the game because its Mothers Day then actually explained that you are going because its quite possible to celebrate Mothers day and go to the game as well?

In your imaginary scenario though, if i wanted to go to the game I would just suggest a slightly earlier time for afternoon tea :greengrin

JimBHibees
04-03-2024, 09:45 AM

Couldn't agree more wouldn't miss it for the world.

LaMotta
04-03-2024, 09:46 AM
I would agree entirely with your point regarding the OF. I will be going, I live locally and have no reason not to go but I must admit I’m not particularly enthusiastic. Spending extra money on top of the season ticket to see us, let’s face it, likely lose and have to listen to those cretins for 90 minutes.

It’s not exactly an attractive offering and if I had something else on I may well have given it a miss.

Well exactly mate - these are the real reasons for poor ticket uptake and that's fair enough.

B.H.F.C
04-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Spending extra money on top of the season ticket to see us, let’s face it, likely lose and have to listen to those cretins for 90 minutes.

The fact we are likely to lose is the key bit. If it was a good Hibs team that folk believed in, we’d be shifting more tickets. Folk would be willing to take their ma out earlier in the day or whatever and would be less concerned about listening to songs about Billy.

Expectation is what drives the attendance above anything else.

Broken Gnome
The games since 2020 - atmosphere, the way the Old Firm play and Hibs' own failings - have really ruined this fixture as one to look forward to attending.

The way we've sat off for umpteen games in a row really kills the home crowd, almost like we accept Rangers/Celtic have 70 per cent of the ball and keeping a shape is far more important than proper 50/50. Then it turns into away end Ultras procession with the whole songbook in evidence.

The intolerance of sharing a stadium with them wouldn't be that stark if the games themselves weren't so one-sided and possession based. You'd have happily paid 30 quid for these games in 2005 and 2015-2018 as Hibs would steam into them and the crowd would be up for it - less so now.

That said, as ever, a big Hibs crowd can help sp much, would hope it's at least 3/4 full.

Pagan Hibernia
I'm not saying people need to explain themselves for not going - I'm questioning the idea that has been banded about that ticket sales will be affected because of Mothers day. That just doesn't stack up.

Whether you think its a made up day or whatever, it probably will affect sales, even slightly. It absolutely stacks up. Some people will be spending the day with their mum.

Peanut Shaz
04-03-2024, 09:50 AM
So you've invented a scenario whereby you wouldnt have been able to go to the game because its Mothers Day then actually explained that you are going because its quite possible to celebrate Mothers day and go to the game as well?

In your imaginary scenario though, if i wanted to go to the game I would

just suggest a slightly earlier time for afternoon tea :greengrin

Read it again. I said IF my family had arranged something and it clashed I would miss the game. However as my family know I would like to attend they worked around that. I said not every family would so therefore have a clash.

Stubbsy90+2
04-03-2024, 09:50 AM

I’d hazard a guess it would absolutely stack up if you’re Hibs and you had the data.

Days when other events are on will likely see crowds smaller than usual. If anything, the idea that it would have no impact at all doesn’t stack up. You’re unlikely to gain many people that are going purely because it’s Mother’s Day but you’re a lot more likely for people not to be going because it’s Mother’s Day.

Likewise if Scotland are playing rugby at Murrayfield, you’re not going to get anybody going to the Hibs game because Scotland are playing at Murrayfield. You’re likely to get people not going because of it though.

Hibernian Verse
04-03-2024, 09:54 AM

Except I didn't suggest ticket sales WILL be affected, I suggested they MIGHT be affected.

Clearly I was right as some people aren't going because of it. It is what it is.

The Modfather
04-03-2024, 10:03 AM
“Daytrippers”, “excuses”, folk moaning because of how strangers may choose to spend their time and money. I’m just waiting on “1970s Brazil” to complete my bingo line.

Since452
04-03-2024, 10:06 AM
Hopefully the upturn in results and form will encourage more to go. I wouldn't expect a SC game against the OF to sell out anyway. Historically Hibs and Hearts don't sell out these fixtures in the cup.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2024, 10:06 AM
Except I didn't suggest ticket sales WILL be affected, I suggested they MIGHT be affected.

Clearly I was right as some people aren't going because of it. It is what it is.

Of course Mothers Day will impact ticket sales, I doubt it will be the main reason for poor sales but it will be a reason.

I'm lucky in that my wife 'gets it' with Hibs and I get a fair bit of leeway. I know plenty others who have different situations at home and would absolutely be expected to miss a game for a day like Sunday though. Tbh if my kids were a bit older and had booked something then it's unlikely I would have demanded they change the time to suit the football; that would just seem exceptionally rude to me.

These threads always go the same way. They start of with people saying 'I'm not having a go at people with valid excuses' (WTF is a 'valid excuse' to miss a game anyway:faf:) and then descends into 'you would be able to afford it/make it/cancel plans if it was X, Y or Z). People then feel pressured into justifying their own non attendance and it becomes one of those cyclical arguments 'your desperate to tell everyone why you aren't going' against 'I'm only saying because you are having a go when you have no idea of my reasons' and repeat ad nauseam. Tedious.

SickBoy32
04-03-2024, 10:09 AM
The games since 2020 - atmosphere, the way the Old Firm play and Hibs' own failings - have really ruined this fixture as one to look forward to attending.

The way we've sat off for umpteen games in a row really kills the home crowd, almost like we accept Rangers/Celtic have 70 per cent of the ball and keeping a shape is far more important than proper 50/50. Then it turns into away end Ultras procession with the whole songbook in evidence.

The intolerance of sharing a stadium with them wouldn't be that stark if the games themselves weren't so one-sided and possession based. You'd have happily paid 30 quid for these games in 2005 and 2015-2018 as Hibs would steam into them and the crowd would be up for it - less so now.

That said, as ever, a big Hibs crowd can help sp much, would hope it's at least 3/4 full.

Excellent post. Really disappointing the way the club appears to approach these fixtures nowadays. Even see it amongst the support too, with plenty happy to write these games off as ‘free hits’.

As one of the biggest clubs in Scotland - we should always be aiming to get stuck in about them and make it a real battle, particularly at home.

Our stand off nature in these games just totally flattens the home crowd.

Too often in recent years we just roll over and get our belly tickled.

matty_f
04-03-2024, 10:12 AM
I'll be going, and I hope if we do get to the final we get to have our pick of the seats and it's just the hardcore* that get to go. Down with day-trippers.

*someone will need to define hardcore, though - I initially thought it would be season ticket holders, but I missed Killie away due to a family engagement at an escape room and this was frowned upon as well, so even though I'm not letting Mothers' Day stop me on Sunday, I think I'll need to give up any cup final ticket I might have got to someone more deserving.

Allant1981
04-03-2024, 10:16 AM
Wish I was going but will be out for dinner with the family, if it had been an earlier kick off then would have been all good

Saint Hibee
04-03-2024, 10:19 AM
Genuinely shocked that there are posters on here with mothers who are not already Hibs season ticket holders itching to get stuck into the Hun. If my 85 year old mother can turn up to Tynie to chuck a pie at Lawrence Shankland, then so can all of yours!:greengrin

matty_f
04-03-2024, 10:25 AM
Genuinely shocked that there are posters on here with mothers who are not already Hibs season ticket holders itching to get stuck into the Hun. If my 85 year old mother can turn up to Tynie to chuck a pie at Lawrence Shankland, then so can all of yours!:greengrin

:faf:

Bridge hibs
04-03-2024, 10:26 AM

My Mums sitting on the window sill in my spare room, she would go radge if I took her urn to a hibs match 🫣

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2024, 10:27 AM
I'll be going, and I hope if we do get to the final we get to have our pick of the seats and it's just the hardcore* that get to go. Down with day-trippers.

*someone will need to define hardcore, though - I initially thought it would be season ticket holders, but I missed Killie away due to a family engagement at an escape room and this was frowned upon as well, so even though I'm not letting Mothers' Day stop me on Sunday, I think I'll need to give up any cup final ticket I might have got to someone more deserving.

Day trippers?

We Can Work It Out.

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2024, 10:29 AM
My Mums sitting on the window sill in my spare room, she would go radge if I took her urn to a hibs match 🫣

My old man is behind the goals at the foot of the slope. Every ****ing day, whether there's a game or not.

Now that's hard-core.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2024, 10:30 AM

I think brunch at lunch time is actually just lunch.

Chorley Hibee
04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Crikey, I knew sales would be bad, but having just looked online, I'm stunned by how few have been sold.

To think people laughed at me when I said we'd be lucky to sell 10k (Hibs fans).

Bridge hibs
04-03-2024, 10:34 AM
My old man is behind the goals at the foot of the slope. Every ****ing day, whether there's a game or not.

Now that's hard-core.My Mum isnt a very sociable person just now, she just enjoys the peace and quiet now 🫣

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2024, 10:34 AM

What times brunch at?

Pretty Boy
04-03-2024, 10:35 AM

Future priority for Hampden:

1. Those who have a divorce directly attributable to missing a family event for a friendly.
2. As above but for a competitive game
3 . Those who have kicked a small dog to death because it was wearing a Hearts tartan coat
4. Those who have told their mother '**** off, I'm out with the Hibs'
5. ST holders who have cancelled an escape room to go to Kilmarnock away
6. ST holders who just couldn't be ersed going to Kilmarnock away
7 . General sale
8. ST holders who went to an escape room rather than Kilmarnock away.

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2024, 10:36 AM

...unless you haven't had breakfast. :wink:

Itsnoteasy
04-03-2024, 10:39 AM

Why? Is she from the dark side.

Itsnoteasy
04-03-2024, 10:40 AM

1. Those who have a divorce directly attributable to missing a family event for a friendly.
3 . Those who have kicked a small dog to death because it was wearing a Hearts tartan coat
7 . General sale

ER has been an escape room until the last couple of weeks.

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2024, 10:41 AM
...unless you haven't had breakfast. :wink:

So can dinner be lunch if you skip lunch? Does the time not matter?

matty_f
04-03-2024, 10:42 AM

7 . General sale

LaMotta
04-03-2024, 10:42 AM
Whether you think its a made up day or whatever, it probably will affect sales, even slightly. It absolutely stacks up. Some people will be spending the day with their mum.

I’d hazard a guess it would absolutely stack up if you’re Hibs and you had the data.

Days when other events are on will likely see crowds smaller than usual. If anything, the idea that it would have no impact at all doesn’t stack up. You’re unlikely to gain many people that are going purely because it’s Mother’s Day but you’re a lot more likely for people not to be going because it’s Mother’s Day.

Likewise if Scotland are playing rugby at Murrayfield, you’re not going to get anybody going to the Hibs game because Scotland are playing at Murrayfield. You’re likely to get people not going because of it though.

Last time we played on Mothers Day at ER was in 2016 v Inverness. Despite the fact the game was live on the BBC and there were hardly any away fans we managed to get above our average attendance at the game. Amazing that.:greengrin

I just hope there isn't a game on pancake Tuesday next season or the club coffers will be taking a hit :nanafunk:

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2024, 10:53 AM
So can dinner be lunch if you skip lunch? Does the time not matter?

What do you call dinner if you have a sandwich or something at the designated time?

CropleyWasGod
04-03-2024, 10:56 AM
What do you call dinner if you have a sandwich or something at the designated time?

Lee Anderson cuisine.

He's here!
04-03-2024, 11:00 AM

Yeh, imagine liking a sport other than football eh? Can't be real Hibs fans with an open-minded attitude like that.

WhileTheChief..
04-03-2024, 11:35 AM

And then you’ll moan that Hampden is empty if the “day trippers”” don’t show up.

Of course more people are interested in going to a final. That’s pretty damn obvious and applies to every club and fan base on the plant.

Carheenlea
04-03-2024, 11:37 AM
There are quite a number of Hibs fans who will have seen Hibs at Hampden more than Easter Road in the last 10 years or so.

I can think of a few myself.

People can do as they please, but this game not being of appeal to many is just something I can’t get my head around. A Scottish Cup quarter final against Rangers at Easter Road is an absolute belting tie and tickets should be hard to come by. With our wider fan base pool, it’s not unreasonable to assume that 15,000 out of that would be keen not to miss this one.

weecounty hibby
04-03-2024, 11:47 AM
After 50 years of watching Hibs I do t feel like I need an excuse to miss a game or two. The six nations fixtures are released 12 months in advance and my accommodation in Rome was booked almost a full year ago. My flights were booked about six months ago. Unfortunately it has coincided with the hun game in the cup at ER. Disappointed to not be there? Absolutely. Apologetic? No way!! I'll have a great time in Rome and hopefully we will pump the huns and another Hampden trip awaits.

Dublin07
04-03-2024, 11:53 AM
I just bought 5 and it was the worst the site had been for me in years. Nearly an hour when it normally takes a few minutes. Could be adding to the poor sales as folk will give up easier than I did if they are on the fence about going.

H113EE5
04-03-2024, 12:09 PM
After 50 years of watching Hibs I do t feel like I need an excuse to miss a game or two. The six nations fixtures are released 12 months in advance and my accommodation in Rome was booked almost a full year ago. My flights were booked about six months ago. Unfortunately it has coincided with the hun game in the cup at ER. Disappointed to not be there? Absolutely. Apologetic? No way!! I'll have a great time in Rome and hopefully we will pump the huns and another Hampden trip awaits.

#me too. My sentiments, exactly We can't be blamed when kick-offs are selected for the TV fan.

JimBHibees
04-03-2024, 12:14 PM
There are quite a number of Hibs fans who will have seen Hibs at Hampden more than Easter Road in the last 10 years or so.

I can think of a few myself.

People can do as they please, but this game not being of appeal to many is just something I can’t get my head around. A Scottish Cup quarter final against Rangers at Easter Road is an absolute belting tie and tickets should be hard to come by. With our wider fan base pool, it’s not unreasonable to assume that 15,000 out of that would be keen not to miss this one.

Completely agree especially when prices are reasonable

Keith_M
04-03-2024, 12:43 PM

7 . General sale

GreenCastle
04-03-2024, 01:18 PM

Hibs priority list for tickets..according to Hibs.net this week..

Hibs first / Block 7
ST holders
Marseille Ultras
Dutch fans
Non Hibs ST Holders

Peanut Shaz
04-03-2024, 01:39 PM

I’ll pass that on the venue that’s advertising it as a Mothers Day brunch then. 😁

LunasBoots
04-03-2024, 01:47 PM
Looks like I'll have plenty room around to get a better view, can't get my head around it, a tie in which we probably won't have a better chance of beating them after a European tie and the place is half empty.

Ringothedog
04-03-2024, 02:05 PM
I would guess at about 6-7k available meaning we have sold anything between 9 and 10k so far. About 2.5k in the FF, the same in the East and about 2k in the West. Still 6 days until kick off, hopefully sell at least another 3k at a minimum. I still think we will get between 16 and 17k at the game

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2024, 02:14 PM
I’ll pass that on the venue that’s advertising it as a Mothers Day brunch then. 😁

Tell them they’re accepting mediocrity as well please.

And ask what they call it if someone has a sandwich after 530pm.

Sparrows tongue
04-03-2024, 02:17 PM

That is quite correct. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2024, 02:18 PM
Why not just take your mothers to the game, kill 2 birds and all that?

Sparrows tongue
04-03-2024, 02:21 PM

You should.

Brunch is just a made-up word incorporating certain letters from both ‘breakfast’ and ‘lunch’.

It’s all a bit jolly well pretentious, if you were to ask me.

Sparrows tongue
04-03-2024, 02:22 PM
Why not just take your mothers to the game, kill 2 birds and all that?

A bit dramatic I would have thought. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-03-2024, 02:24 PM
Sometimes the club can't win with the fans, decent prices but still poor sales. Yes we are playing Rangers but they are beatable as Motherwell showed on Saturday. It's a one off game, no replays. Straight to ET and pens. We have a chance imo.

greenlex
04-03-2024, 02:24 PM

7 . General sale
Brilliant. :faf:

WeeRussell
04-03-2024, 02:36 PM
I’ll be there. Hopefully it’ll be a decent crowd, atmosphere and result.

Be a shame if we’re not close to selling-out for it but it’s none of my (or anyone else’s) business what people’s reasons for not attending are. Nor could I really give a ****.

Get intae them.

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2024, 02:51 PM
Sometimes the club can't win with the fans, decent prices but still poor sales. Yes we are playing Rangers but they are beatable as Motherwell showed on Saturday. It's a one off game, no replays. Straight to ET and pens. We have a chance imo.

Doesn’t help that the website is pretty much unusable at the moment.

I’ve already got my ticket but went on to buy some for a couple friends and have been stuck on the same page for nearly 10 minutes now. Refuses to load.

Keith_M
04-03-2024, 02:56 PM
I tried to buy a ticket on my phone, while on the train two weeks ago and, presumably because of the poor signal, it was taking ages.

I eventually got a message saying my device is blocked because they decided I was a Bot.

Not impressed with Ticketmaster, as they don't provide any means to undo this

Hibbyradge
04-03-2024, 02:59 PM
Ticketmaster has been having problems generally.

I was trying to buy tickets for a couple of gigs, but it kept telling me that there were none available.

After trying different ways to get into the site, I finally succeeded.

Garymcl
04-03-2024, 04:29 PM
I’ve solved the problem re selling all our tickets change our opponents from the huns to hertz whooosh go the tickets fact !!!

He's here!
04-03-2024, 05:04 PM

Exactly. You just need to look at all the empty seats at Tynecastle when Hearts played Celtic yesterday to see a similar picture. These games are no longer relished. They're unpleasant affairs which more often than not the home fans expect to lose. Who watched us draw Rangers and thought 'get in?'. Nobody.

As you say we'd sell more for a tie which doesn't bring with it the OF baggage and which we felt we had a very good chance of winning.

Pagan Hibernia
04-03-2024, 05:28 PM
Exactly. You just need to look at all the empty seats at Tynecastle when Hearts played Celtic yesterday to see a similar picture. These games are no longer relished. They're unpleasant affairs which more often than not the home fans expect to lose. Who watched us draw Rangers and thought 'get in?'. Nobody.

As you say we'd sell more for a tie which doesn't bring with it the OF baggage and which we felt we had a very good chance of winning.

True. Always the risk however that you could miss out on a fantastic epic night. I'm still kicking myself over the semifinal at hampden in 2021. I didn't bother, convinced we were going to lose heavily. Boy did I regret that one and still do.

Kato
04-03-2024, 05:32 PM

As you say we'd sell more for a tie which doesn't bring with it the OF baggage and which we felt we had a very good chance of winning.I reckon there is simple explanation. A lot parents who usually take the kids don't bring them to those fixtures.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
04-03-2024, 05:40 PM
True. Always the risk however that you could miss out on a fantastic epic night. I'm still kicking myself over the semifinal at hampden in 2021. I didn't bother, convinced we were going to lose heavily. Boy did I regret that one and still do.

The Boyle semi hatrick was one of my favourite ever Hibs games.

Unbelievable game and performance to score 3 goals.

Probably Jack Ross best Hibs game then sacked not long after.

GreenCastle
04-03-2024, 05:43 PM
I reckon there is simple explanation. A lot parents who usually take the kids don't bring them to those fixtures.

Oddly just having this conversation about Season Ticket renewing and the Old Firm games are games folk actually aren’t interested in.

The games they want to see are Derbies / Aberdeen and other games which we have more of a chance of winning.

I genuinely think we are at a stage where many fans think Old Firm games at Easter Road are crap and don’t want to go.

Sadly the old firm monopoly effect of turning fans away.

Garymcl
04-03-2024, 05:48 PM
It’s a very valid point Kato I would never dream in taking my 9 year old granddaughter who has a season ticket to a Rangers game that’s one of the reasons for not going to this game apart from that as many have pointed out what’s stopping many other thousands of hibbys this is a one of cup tie and winnable and prices are reasonable just my thoughts I’ll be there hopefully with many thousands of our support cheering our players hopefully on to a famous victory canny wait

He's here!
04-03-2024, 05:57 PM
I reckon there is simple explanation. A lot parents who usually take the kids don't bring them to those fixtures.

Yes, that's a major factor for sure.

Hibbyradge
04-03-2024, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure when I was last at a game against Rantic or hertz. Probably the Natural Order game.

The kick off times are invariably moved from 3.00pm for TV and that makes it very difficult, if not impossible, for me to go. I'm sure I'm not the only person in that situation.

We've had 11 home games on Saturday afternoons so far this season and we'll have 2 more before the split.

If we're in the top 6, I think we'll only be due home games against Sevco and hertz, both of which is likely to be televised.

If we were guaranteed more 3.00pm kick offs, I'd probably buy a season ticket. Ach, if we sign Messi and David de Gea in the summer, I might get one anyway! 😃

Centre Hawf
04-03-2024, 06:34 PM
Oddly just having this conversation about Season Ticket renewing and the Old Firm games are games folk actually aren’t interested in.

The games they want to see are Derbies / Aberdeen and other games which we have more of a chance of winning.

I genuinely think we are at a stage where many fans think Old Firm games at Easter Road are crap and don’t want to go.

Getting to the football isn't cheap anymore especially with the cost of a million other things going up. The reality is for me is if you were offering me the choice of paying my money to see us play Motherwell/Killie in the league one week, or Celtic/Rangers the next that is also probably on TV anyway and has a more expensive ticket. I can safely say I wouldn't be picking the Old Firm option.

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2024, 06:53 PM
Still can’t get in. Been trying all day, ridiculous.

Some folk may not fancy it, but the ones that do can’t go if they are unable to buy tickets.

04Sauzee
04-03-2024, 06:58 PM

Being honest, If I didn't have a season ticket I'd probably not go to games against the uglies. Not through fear of a hiding, just can't be *rsed with all their nonsense.

Carheenlea
04-03-2024, 07:00 PM
The ticketing site playing up is far from ideal.

Kato
04-03-2024, 07:58 PM
It’s a very valid point Kato I would never dream in taking my 9 year old granddaughter who has a season ticket to a Rangers game that’s one of the reasons for not going to this game apart from that as many have pointed out what’s stopping many other thousands of hibbys this is a one of cup tie and winnable and prices are reasonable just my thoughts I’ll be there hopefully with many thousands of our support cheering our players hopefully on to a famous victory canny waitI started going to matches when I was eight and my old boy or my mum always made sure I had cash to go with my pals. I was 13 before they let me go to a Rangers game and before I set off a neighbour gave me a pit helmet and had painted the names of the team on it.

(that sounds a bit "4 yorkshireman, but it's true. 70s games against the currants often turned into semi-medieval skirmishes, pit helmets weren't a fashion, more the better part of valour)

Chorley Hibee
04-03-2024, 08:46 PM
Still can’t get in. Been trying all day, ridiculous.

Some folk may not fancy it, but the ones that do can’t go if they are unable to buy tickets.

It's ridiculous.

Even more so that the club haven't even acknowledged the problem.

ancient hibee
04-03-2024, 09:00 PM
It's ridiculous.

Has anyone raised it with the club? Must say when I got mine last week it took a couple of minutes.Presumably that’s because I was buying as a season holder.

Bakerman
04-03-2024, 09:13 PM
Has anyone raised it with the club? Must say when I got mine last week it took a couple of minutes.Presumably that’s because I was buying as a season holder.

I had problems last night, and tried again this evening. It won't load up the seat page, in order to buy a ticket. I'm going to the ticket office tomorrow, to buy mine, and will inform them that I was unable to buy online. Hopefully, they fix it quickly.

Bakerman
04-03-2024, 09:49 PM
Disabled the family vpn for a short time, and was able to buy our tickets. Got them for the main stand, where I like to sit these days. Lots of tickets available though. Disappointing for such a big game. If we get through, I'm certain those who don't buy for Sunday will be hollering for tickets for the semi, and definitely the final.

CentreLine
04-03-2024, 10:10 PM
Actually, isn't it Mothering Sunday, an Anglican festival where people are meant to return to their "mother church"????

Yep. Fourth Sunday of lent, returning to the mother church to reacquaint themselves. Nothing to do with yer actual mother. Then it finds its way to America and comes back as another excuse to sell cards and flowers. Just like every other religious festival. That Santa Clause’s birthday is belter in December.

scoopyboy
05-03-2024, 01:33 AM
I find the Mothers Day topic very interesting regarding going to the Rangers game on Sunday.

In 2007 the league cup final against Kilmarnock was on Mother’s Day.

I suppose that would have stopped a fair few from attending as well

matty_f
05-03-2024, 02:58 AM
I find the Mothers Day topic very interesting regarding going to the Rangers game on Sunday.

Hard to tell, would be easily offset with day trippers.

AugustaHibs
05-03-2024, 04:15 AM
Find it incredible that folk actually get their knickers in a twist over people not attending.

Yorkshire HFC
05-03-2024, 04:31 AM
Find it incredible that folk actually get their knickers in a twist over people not attending.

Nothing I read on this website surprises me - the world is full of all sorts of different people.

I'm coming up for the game - I don't go very often but can combine it with mothers day and it's my sisters birthday. I doubt I'd be going if we were playing Livingston or Ross County - I prefer the big games.

JimBHibees
05-03-2024, 06:20 AM
It's ridiculous.

Email the ticket office and see what they say. They may be unaware of an issue

ruthven_raiders
05-03-2024, 06:54 AM
Disabled the family vpn for a short time, and was able to buy our tickets. Got them for the main stand, where I like to sit these days. Lots of tickets available though. Disappointing for such a big game. If we get through, I'm certain those who don't buy for Sunday will be hollering for tickets for the semi, and definitely the final.

Yup cause of timing of game and the cost, won't be attending tho might do a day pass for viaplay for the game.... We spend nearly £1400 on season tickets every season, as others have said no one needs to really explain why they can't go, also people who don't normally go will have plenty options of seats to choose from. Oh yes and will be hoping to go to the final if we make it😊

WhileTheChief..
05-03-2024, 07:25 AM

No hollering required, you're talking about ST holders who will be entitled to a ticket :aok:

we are hibs
05-03-2024, 07:30 AM
Grown men working themselves into a frenzy because people they've never met aren't going to a game of football will always be bizarre.

Most People work all week. They can spend their weekend and money how they wish. I'll be buying tickets towards the end of the week.

LaMotta
05-03-2024, 08:00 AM

Grown men working themselves into a frenzy because people they've never met aren't going to a game of football will always be bizarre.

Most People work all week. They can spend their weekend and money how they wish. I'll be buying tickets towards the end of the week.

No one is getting themeslves in a frenzy or their knickers in a twist over people not going to the game. In fact the most excited people on this thread appear to be the grown men whose Mums or wives don't let them go to the football.

Centre Hawf
05-03-2024, 08:18 AM

I'll be doing my best to be first in the ticket queue for both despite not going on Sunday :aok:

Hibbyradge
05-03-2024, 08:21 AM
Nothing I read on this website surprises me - the world is full of all sorts of different people.

I'm coming up for the game - I don't go very often but can combine it with mothers day and it's my sisters birthday. I doubt I'd be going if we were playing Livingston or Ross County - I prefer the big games.

How are you getting home?

Sioux
05-03-2024, 09:03 AM

:greengrin

Brightside
05-03-2024, 09:07 AM
No one is getting themeslves in a frenzy or their knickers in a twist over people not going to the game. In fact the most excited people on this thread appear to be the grown men whose Mums or wives don't let them go to the football.

Nice one Joey Barton.

He's here!
05-03-2024, 09:22 AM

Has anyone said that?

Believe it or not, some grown men enjoy treating their family and don't regard going to the football as some sort of barometer of manhood.

Perhaps it's the not-so grown men who fail to understand that.

Groathillgrump
05-03-2024, 09:26 AM

Give a it rest. :rolleyes:

jakedance
05-03-2024, 09:30 AM
I'd buy a ticket if the website wasn't so broken. Seems to be very particular about what browser is used or can't load once you try and go to the checkout. Does anyone else have this problem?

Pretty Boy
05-03-2024, 09:30 AM
Nice one Joey Barton.

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2024, 09:31 AM
I'd buy a ticket if the website wasn't so broken. Seems to be very particular about what browser is used or can't load once you try and go to the checkout. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yep.

Chrome didn't work. Firefox did.

jakedance
05-03-2024, 09:32 AM
Yep.

Chrome didn't work. Firefox did.

I'm getting nowhere with Chrome or Edge today, it never seems to like Safari. I don't have Firefox on my work PC. PITA.

LaMotta
05-03-2024, 09:42 AM
Nice one Joey Barton.

greengrin :top marks

Has anyone said that?

Believe it or not, some grown men enjoy treating their family and don't regard going to the football as some sort of barometer of manhood.

Perhaps it's the not-so grown men who fail to understand that.

To be honest I dont actually think anyone on this thread has actually said they wont be going to the football on Sunday because its Mothers day. As Scoopyboy points out above it had no bearing on one of the largest travelling Hibs supports in our history. The real reasons for low ticket sales are understandably because its the horrible Huns, live on TV and we have a low probability of getting through. Pretending otherwise is silly.

Libby Hibby
05-03-2024, 09:46 AM
I get why people aren’t going however, and this is my opinion, it’s likely to be our biggest game of the season so far, performances are on the up, results are improving and there is a general feel good factor around the club so if you can go, go.

I have a feeling we may cause an upset.

Allant1981
05-03-2024, 09:53 AM
greengrin :top marks

To be honest I dont actually think anyone on this thread has actually said they wont be going to the football on Sunday because its Mothers day. As Scoopyboy points out above it had no bearing on one of the largest travelling Hibs supports in our history. The real reasons for low ticket sales are understandably because its the horrible Huns, live on TV and we have a low probability of getting through. Pretending otherwise is silly.

I'm not going due to mothers day!

Brightside
05-03-2024, 10:03 AM
I'm not going as its Cheltenham Week and I'll be sunning myself on Spanish golf courses.

CentreLine
05-03-2024, 10:17 AM
I'm not going as its Cheltenham Week and I'll be sunning myself on Spanish golf courses.

Well that’s just wrong. Get yourself back here immediately and I’ll swap you my ticket fur a place in the sun 😁

LaMotta
05-03-2024, 10:20 AM
I'm not going due to mothers day!

:na na:

Spike Mandela
05-03-2024, 10:35 AM
Take your mum to the game. Problem solved.:flag:

Hibbyradge
05-03-2024, 10:39 AM
Take your mum to the game. Problem solved.:flag:

You're supposed to treat your mum and be kind to her on mother's day.

Allant1981
05-03-2024, 10:49 AM
:na na:

😃

B.H.F.C
05-03-2024, 10:56 AM
Looks like it’s picked up a bit over the last day or two.

Still really poor as it stands, going to need to pick up a lot more to get a decent crowd in for it.

mussey hibee
05-03-2024, 10:59 AM
I been trying for 3 days to get a tickets, website will not let me

Stick
05-03-2024, 11:06 AM
I think it was mentioned earlier, ticketmaster site doesn’t allow access if your vpn is active. Switched off or paused should help.

Anthony Soprano
05-03-2024, 12:28 PM
I'm getting nowhere with Chrome or Edge today, it never seems to like Safari. I don't have Firefox on my work PC. PITA.

I had the same problem yesterday with safari and chrome. I tried Microsoft edge just now and it worked first time.

I contacted the club and they got back to me but weren’t very helpful unfortunately.

Sparrows tongue
05-03-2024, 12:45 PM

I can’t find one single post from anyone stating that either their Mother or their wife won’t let them go to the match.

Please, be so kind as to quote the posts that you have managed to locate.

Thanks in advance. :aok:

LaMotta
05-03-2024, 12:55 PM
I can’t find one single post from anyone stating that either their Mother or their wife won’t let them go to the match.

Please, be so kind as to quote the posts that you have managed to locate.

Thanks in advance. :aok:

Was just a wee (terrible) joke. If you read my latest post I'm saying exactly what you've said above, so I'm glad you agree with me that its not affecting sales :aok:

Hibs07p
05-03-2024, 02:16 PM
Re: poor ticket sales, attending games against celger, you hope for the best but expect the worse outcome. Having the odds further stacked against us through biased, corrupt or incompetent officials on field and in the var room, is in my opinion alienating our fans even more. All of us are seeing inconsistent decisions with certain teams benefiting, and other teams getting shafted, I wonder what category we’re in? This in my opinion is having a more negative effect on our support than anything else. We’ve started to get results through better performances, despite the attempts of the officials to negate that. We have reason to be hopeful of a good result on Sunday, but on Sunday night, the topics will revolve around var and poor refereeing decisicions. I really hope I’m wrong, but it is beginning to have a detrimental effect on our support.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Green Reaper
05-03-2024, 02:27 PM

Quite right Brightside, I'm not making it as cruising down the Nile😬

gbhibby
05-03-2024, 02:51 PM
All yous non attenders on Sunday should be last on the list for semi final tickets😁

ErinGoBraghHFC
05-03-2024, 02:59 PM
All yous non attenders on Sunday should be last on the list for semi final tickets[emoji16]

That’s fine, as long as the list resets to normal for final tickets[emoji16]

Sparrows tongue
05-03-2024, 03:50 PM
All yous non attenders on Sunday should be last on the list for semi final tickets😁

Most unfair on my brunch loving mum.

Plus, she's 108 years old.

I'll mind and tell her that gbhibby says she cant go to the Semi-final, then you'll be in trouble. :greengrin

Springbank
05-03-2024, 04:48 PM
I'm happy to go against the grain

I'm going to the game

And I'm going to the game because I fxxxing love beating the huns

Hermit Crab
05-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Just went on the ticketing site and bought my Rangers away ticket. Absolutely no navigation issues at all. Worked fine for me. :confused:

Wakeyhibee
05-03-2024, 06:55 PM
Personally i'd like to thank the people who can't make it. It means I got 3 tickets together near the halfway line for familly coming up from England. Normally we'd have to sit up in the corners :)

Green Reaper
05-03-2024, 07:38 PM
Personally i'd like to thank the people who can't make it. It means I got 3 tickets together near the halfway line for familly coming up from England. Normally we'd have to sit up in the corners :)

You're welcome 😁

LunasBoots
05-03-2024, 08:05 PM

The row I bought tickets in is completely empty, looks like I'll get a better view than my original seats

Leithenhibby
05-03-2024, 09:03 PM
I'm happy to go against the grain

I'm going to the game

And I'm going to the game because I fxxxing love beating the huns

This 100% 😁👏

Glory Glory 💚

King Cosell
06-03-2024, 01:01 AM
Ticket sales so far with 5 days to go, rough estimate:

West - 4,000
East - 3,000
North - 1,500
South - 3,900

Total - 12,400

Attendance for Hearts v Celtic QF on a Sunday 12:15 kick-off last season was 16,287.

We'd all love a full house but for a Sunday 17:30 kick-off anything over 15,000 is fine and we're well on course to get that.

Chuck Rhoades
06-03-2024, 05:31 AM
This happens with every cup home game since the cup top-up was removed. Why do the same posters get such a shock every time?

If I had the time, I’d post every cup attendance at ER in the non-cup top-up era and would imagine sales are similar, with exception of a few sell outs vs. Hearts.

Next year’s STs released to buy, Mother’s Day for daughters/sons, Mums/Dads to think about and there’s plenty that don’t take their kids/families to games against the Huns. You can see that every home game with sales v actual people in ground, FFL in particular.

As a Dad of a 9-month old and 4 year old I’m taking the Mrs out with the kids for breakfast in Porty in the morning and seeing my own Mum the Sat meaning, especially with the 530pm KO, it hasn’t interfered.

Some folk clearly have no life outside Hibs, which is fine, but why judge others that do?

Those there will get behind the team and support them from off 👍🏻

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2024, 05:35 AM
I bought two tickets last Tuesday 27th. Money was taken from my bank immediately.

Ticketmaster purchase confirmation came to my email address inviting me to print at home. Problem was that there was no pdf attached.

Forwarded that email to the Ticket Office asking them to investigate. Got a reply back from Paul stating that I could only receive a confirmation from the Ticket Office and that Ticketmaster would forward an email with tickets attached.

He sent his email around 0930 last Wednesday. You've guessed it! No other email has been received from Ticketmaster.

I've written again but I'm not optimistic. I'm in Perth so reluctant to make a 100 mile round trip if I can avoid it.
Oerhaps Kieran Power can help? I recall him helping out with tickets for those that couldn’t pick up due to circumstances like yourself. Good luck.

JimBHibees
06-03-2024, 05:50 AM
I get why people aren’t going however, and this is my opinion, it’s likely to be our biggest game of the season so far, performances are on the up, results are improving and there is a general feel good factor around the club so if you can go, go.

So do I.

jakeshibs
06-03-2024, 05:54 AM
It is ironic that we demand that the owners of our club invest their money to fund our dreams, yet we can find every excuse not to attend or support our team.

I appreciate, that everyone has their own reasons, but we cant ask others to do what we not willing to do, if we cant do our bit by showing up in numbers for a cup quarter final against SEVCO on our home ground, cheer and support our club to progress in the cup at Easter Road. We need to look at ourselves. Mon the cabbage:flag:

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2024, 06:25 AM
Games against the old firm never sell out at ER and haven't done for ages. Whilst some people see this as our biggest game of the season, other's don't care so much.

Don't see the problem with that and certainly don't think anyone needs an 'excuse' not to go.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2024, 06:35 AM
I bought two tickets last Tuesday 27th. Money was taken from my bank immediately.

Ticketmaster purchase confirmation came to my email address inviting me to print at home. Problem was that there was no pdf attached.

Forwarded that email to the Ticket Office asking them to investigate. Got a reply back from Paul stating that I could only receive a confirmation from the Ticket Office and that Ticketmaster would forward an email with tickets attached.

He sent his email around 0930 last Wednesday. You've guessed it! No other email has been received from Ticketmaster.

I've written again but I'm not optimistic. I'm in Perth so reluctant to make a 100 mile round trip if I can avoid it.
Oerhaps Kieran Power can help? I recall him helping out with tickets for those that couldn’t pick up due to circumstances like yourself. Good luck.

JimBHibees
06-03-2024, 07:17 AM

Think I would be chasing up again with ticket office explaining where you are based etc

Since452
06-03-2024, 08:14 AM
Stopped attending games against Rangers out of principle a few years ago and to be honest, i feel better for it. Listening to their bigoted Neanderthal fans for an hour and a half isn't my idea of entertainment. The club never say or do anything about it, nothing about bigotry, nothing about attempting to ruin Ron Gordons tribute etc. Thought it was better just to take myself out of the situation instead of wasting energy getting worked up about it. If that changes and we reduce their allocation or even ban their vermin fans, i'll consider attending these games again. Sad, but that's how strongly i feel about it and i know others do too.

Regardless of that though we never sell out home games in the cup against Celtic or Rangers. Or anyone other than Hearts. There will still be a healthy attendance come kick off.

Spike Mandela
06-03-2024, 08:28 AM

The irony is I think we have a better chance of doing that if we pack the stadium out. When it is half emoty,and their end is rammed, I think it is advantage them imo.

flash
06-03-2024, 10:21 AM
Stopped attending games against Rangers out of principle a few years ago and to be honest, i feel better for it. Listening to their bigoted Neanderthal fans for an hour and a half isn't my idea of entertainment. The club never say or do anything about it, nothing about bigotry, nothing about attempting to ruin Ron Gordons tribute etc. Thought it was better just to take myself out of the situation instead of wasting energy getting worked up about it. If that changes and we reduce their allocation or even ban their vermin fans, i'll consider attending these games again. Sad, but that's how strongly i feel about it and i know others do too.

Regardless of that though we never sell out home games in the cup against Celtic or Rangers. Or anyone other than Hearts. There will still be a healthy attendance come kick off.
Yet your username refers to our greatest ever result which came against them and presumably you attended.

JimBHibees
06-03-2024, 10:25 AM
The irony is I think we have a better chance of doing that if we pack the stadium out. When it is half emoty,and their end is rammed, I think it is advantage them imo.

Agree

Radge70
06-03-2024, 11:10 AM

I had a look at my last "print at home purchase" from December 22 and noticed that in addition to the PDF file there was also the option to add to google/apple wallet. Is that option there for you? Also if you Google "PDF file stripped from email" you will see many many reasons why this happens, all of which seem difficult to resolve unles the file is resent and whatever setting may be causing the issue is changed beforehand. Another thing I would try though is to logon to your email from another device just in case the PDF file is there but just not showing in the device you are using

ben johnson
06-03-2024, 11:10 AM
A bit of ammunition I find useful when Jambos bring up attendances at ER
Hearts v Celtic. December 2013 Scottish Cup
Attendance 10 636
Not Mother’s Day. No Rover rally at Ingliston
No Submarines through the ages exhibitions on in Edinburgh
Just 7k Jambos turned up. Will put there gas at a peep

Carheenlea
06-03-2024, 11:11 AM
It is ironic that we demand that the owners of our club invest their money to fund our dreams, yet we can find every excuse not to attend or support our team.

I appreciate, that everyone has their own reasons, but we cant ask others to do what we not willing to do, if we cant do our bit by showing up in numbers for a cup quarter final against SEVCO on our home ground, cheer and support our club to progress in the cup at Easter Road. We need to look at ourselves. Mon the cabbage:flag:

100%

LaMotta
06-03-2024, 11:16 AM
A bit of ammunition I find useful when Jambos bring up attendances at ER
Hearts v Celtic. December 2013 Scottish Cup
Attendance 10 636
Not Mother’s Day. No Rover rally at Ingliston
No Submarines through the ages exhibitions on in Edinburgh
Just 7k Jambos turned up. Will put there gas at a peep

Can you remind me of the score in that game too? Quite a famous one I think.....

overdrive
06-03-2024, 11:33 AM

There used to be an option in your account to resend the email. I had to do it once. I just got these ones for the Cup game added to our STs so can't check but pretty sure you should be able to this from the purchase history in your account.

Edit: just logged in and there is a resend email each transaction on the account history.

Radge70
06-03-2024, 11:33 AM
I had a look at my last "print at home purchase" from December 22 and noticed that in addition to the PDF file there was also the option to add to google/apple wallet. Is that option there for you? Also if you Google "PDF file stripped from email" you will see many many reasons why this happens, all of which seem difficult to resolve unles the file is resent and whatever setting may be causing the issue is changed beforehand. Another thing I would try though is to logon to your email from another device just in case the PDF file is there but just not showing in the device you are using

You can also go into your ticketing account, select the account icon followed by view account menu followed by account management then account history. From there you can select your tickets and press the "resend email" button.

hibee1875
06-03-2024, 12:13 PM

Weird take tbh. You got so wound up about what some other folk are singing you need to remove yourself from the situation.

I hear them and take no notice. It’s just empty words they’re singing. Doesn’t ruin my day.

How’s about going and drowning out their noise as part of a big noisy home support

scoopyboy
06-03-2024, 01:49 PM

I will never let Rangers fans or fans of any other club stop me from entering Easter Road.

I get too much enjoyment out of going to our stadium I am not letting anyone spoil it.

matty_f
06-03-2024, 01:52 PM
I will never let Rangers fans or fans of any other club stop me from entering Easter Road.

I get too much enjoyment out of going to our stadium I am not letting anyone spoil it.

Spot on.

Gmack7
06-03-2024, 01:58 PM

This really is a strange take on things.
I assume you enjoyed the day in 2016 and will likely go again if we had them in the final, as you say we rarely sell out but you want to cut their allocation, the smaller amount would still sing the same songs

He's here!
06-03-2024, 02:11 PM
I assume you enjoyed the day in 2016 and will likely go again if we had them in the final, as you say we rarely sell out but you want to cut their allocation, the smaller amount would still sing the same songs

I can see where he's coming from to be fair. I rarely go to games against the OF now and I stopped going to derbies at Tynecastle a long time ago. For me, having kids shifted my perspective on football and the baggage that surrounds these fixtures just started to seem more and more daft.

RIP
06-03-2024, 02:27 PM
There used to be an option in your account to resend the email. I had to do it once. I just got these ones for the Cup game added to our STs so can't check but pretty sure you should be able to this from the purchase history in your account.

Edit: just logged in and there is a resend email each transaction on the account history.

You can also go into your ticketing account, select the account icon followed by view account menu followed by account management then account history. From there you can select your tickets and press the "resend email" button.

Brilliant advice. Thanks to all who offered guidance. Now sorted!!

basehibby
06-03-2024, 02:36 PM
I've been holding off on buying my ticket for the QF because
1) I wanted to make sure I'd be able to spend time with my dear old mum on Mother's Day. As it happens the 5:30 ko helps with this.
2) Wanted to see if any mates were going so as to sit together. Somewhat disappointing in this respect as it looks like I'll be the only one out of my usual group going! Combo of prior commitments, laziness/skintness.
I'll be going anyway - so the dot counters can add one to the prospective attendance.

FastEddieFelson
06-03-2024, 02:40 PM
Biggest game of the season so people should really get themselves along to cheer on the boys.

Injuries, European distractions, and home advantage means this is a fantastic opportunity to knock out the tournament favourites and get back to Hampden for a semi final, and then we're well within a shot of glory.

Decent ticket prices and our form is picking up. If you were in two minds about going then get yourself a ticket!

B.H.F.C
06-03-2024, 02:45 PM
Looks like sales have slowed to a trickle. Never expected it to sell out but it does looks like it’s going to be a particularly poor crowd. Disappointing.

Se7enUp
06-03-2024, 03:46 PM

500 of them singing their crap would be far less intimidating than 4000 of them.

And, regardless of the words, 500 of them urging their team on would be far less effective than the impetus they get from 4000 of them.

Alfred E Newman
06-03-2024, 03:52 PM
I hope Bill Foley isn't reading this stuff. What with the opposition from some quarters to his investment and the disappointing backing from the support for what is one of our biggest games of the season so far , he might be wondering if he has picked the wrong club.

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 03:58 PM
I hope Bill Foley isn't reading this stuff. What with the opposition from some quarters to his investment and the disappointing backing from the support for what is one of our biggest games of the season so far , he might be wondering if he has picked the wrong club.Yeah because a handful of fans on a forum not going to a game is going to make billionaire Foley wonder if he has chosen the wrong club 🤣

matty_f
06-03-2024, 03:59 PM
It would be great if there was a late surge in ticket sales, to be honest. Nothing better than a packed Easter Road for a big game against them.

Bakerman
06-03-2024, 04:06 PM
Looks like sales have slowed to a trickle. Never expected it to sell out but it does looks like it’s going to be a particularly poor crowd. Disappointing.

It is disappointing, the price is very good, its on a week that we've had a rest, and it is our biggest game of the season. Maybe we'll have a late rush of sales, its happened before. I remember one of my favourite games against the currants, was the 91/92 hampden semi final, was allegedly going to be a poor turnout, however, our wee band of regular merry men, turned up to Easter Road to board one of the buses, and Easter Road was heaving with Hibees. Turned out we took around 16 or 17 thousand that night. Brilliant night. Here's hoping, the more Hibees there, the bigger buzz for the players. Whatever the crowd, the main thing is that we turn them over.

Radge70
06-03-2024, 04:18 PM

Can you remind me of the score in that game too? Quite a famous one I think.....
7-0 to the visitors with the home team trailing 5-0 at half time. It was all part of the 40th anniversary season celebrations but with 60,000 less fans in attendance 😂

Not In The Know
06-03-2024, 04:21 PM
Biggest game of the season so people should really get themselves along to cheer on the boys.

Injuries, European distractions, and home advantage means this is a fantastic opportunity to knock out the tournament favourites and get back to Hampden for a semi final, and then we're well within a shot of glory.

Decent ticket prices and our form is picking up. If you were in two minds about going then get yourself a ticket!

What injuries do they have?

Bakerman
06-03-2024, 04:25 PM
It would be great if there was a late surge in ticket sales, to be honest. Nothing better than a packed Easter Road for a big game against them.

Exactly Matty.

Games like these are moments in time. If victors, talked about for decades to come.

WeeRussell
06-03-2024, 04:36 PM
Each to their own but I'm not buying that there are many Hibs supporters who don't bother with Old Firm games purely because they're sick of the bigoted songs that they come out with**. It's why I (and most) hate the pair of them too, but also what makes it all the sweeter in witnessing us beating **** like that. They've been like they are for as long as I've been alive, and longer.

Sick of going along and getting beat while listening to it.. maybe? But I don't think many would be claiming not to bother with the games anymore if it was us expecting to turn them over the majority of times.

Not going to support Hibs because of the behaviour of Rangers/Celtic fans won't prove or help anything.

Imagine if Hearts fans started claiming they weren't going to Tynecastle derbies because they're sick of our supporters throwing stuff at their players. Would be weird.

**To be clear, I am not for a second saying I don't want their nonsense to stop. I absolutely do want something done about it. But knowing their support is as detestable as ever only serves as more motivation to get there and stick it right up them, not less.

FastEddieFelson
06-03-2024, 04:39 PM

Cortes, Sima, Danilo. Cantwell should be out too. They only had 5 players on the bench on Saturday. They're obviously still a very strong team and will rightfully be favorites, but this is a great chance to knock them out.

Bakerman
06-03-2024, 04:39 PM
Where is he boasting ? He is giving his reason for not attending

Why are you getting all worked up and bothered about someone not going to a game ffs 🤣

Why tell us the many reasons for not bothering going to a game? Hibernian Supporters attend games, and support the team.

Gloucester Hibs
06-03-2024, 04:41 PM

Cantwell?

04Sauzee
06-03-2024, 04:47 PM
Why tell us the many reasons for not bothering going to a game? Hibernian Supporters attend games, and support the team.

If they did we would have 3 tiers on every stand and the corners filled in. People can go when and if they want, they can choose which games to attend and which games not to attend. There are season ticket holders who won't have bought a ticket to this game . Season ticket renewals are coming up, people spend money at the club shop.

Why do we sell out against Hearts but we didn't against Ross County at the weekend? Did the non attenders at the weekend get so much grief.

Not having a pop at you although it probably seemed like it 😂😂. Obviously the more that are there the better but I'm not sure why a Hibs fan can't be allowed not to choose if he wants to or can go to a football match 🙂

Bakerman
06-03-2024, 04:49 PM
If they did we would have 3 tiers on every stand and the corners filled in. People can go when and if they want, they can choose which games to attend and which games not to attend. There are season ticket holders who won't have bought a ticket to this game . Season ticket renewals are coming up, people spend money at the club shop.

Why do we sell out against Hearts but we didn't against Ross County at the weekend? Did the non attenders at the weekend get so much grief.

Not having a pop at you although it probably seemed like it 😂😂. Obviously the more that are there the better but I'm not sure why a Hibs fan can't be allowed not to choose if he wants to or can go to a football match 🙂

But the question was why do some come on stating reasons for not going?

Hibernian supporters attend and support, not inform us of why they're not attending, neither supporting?

Since90+2
06-03-2024, 04:50 PM

Some attend all games and some attend on the odd occasion.

As another poster said a lot of people have more important things in their life than a game of football, and that's absolutely fine.

Bakerman
06-03-2024, 04:56 PM
Some attend all games and some attend on the odd occasion.

As another poster said a lot of people have more important things in their life than a game of football, and that's absolutely fine.

Why come on to a Hibernian supporters forum when they have more important things in their life, maybe readers digest website might be more appropriate? I don't want to read why some don't want to go to the biggest match this season. We're supporters, not the lets not go to Easter Road movement?

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 04:57 PM
Each to their own but I'm not buying that there are many Hibs supporters who don't bother with Old Firm games purely because they're sick of the bigoted songs that they come out with**. It's why I (and most) hate the pair of them too, but also what makes it all the sweeter in witnessing us beating **** like that. They've been like they are for as long as I've been alive, and longer.

Sick of going along and getting beat while listening to it.. maybe? But I don't think many would be claiming not to bother with the games anymore if it was us expecting to turn them over the majority of times.

Not going to support Hibs because of the behaviour of Rangers/Celtic fans won't prove or help anything.

Imagine if Hearts fans started claiming they weren't going to Tynecastle derbies because they're sick of our supporters throwing stuff at their players. Would be weird.

**To be clear, I am not for a second saying I don't want their nonsense to stop. I absolutely do want something done about it. But knowing their support is as detestable as ever only serves as more motivation to get there and stick it right up them, not less.Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things though ? Does it really matter if a stranger on a fans forum gives a reason for not going to a game ? Does one reason hold more weight than other reasons such as holidays etc to which they are criticised ?

I actually find it funny that folk are ripping their knitting at the thought someone who dares to choose not to attend a game which in essence is an expensive hobby

My sick line runs out just before the final, I will get that sent in pronto 😁

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 05:02 PM
Why come on to a Hibernian supporters forum when they have more important things in their life, maybe readers digest website might be more appropriate? I don't want to read why some don't want to go to the biggest match this season. We're supporters, not the lets not go to Easter Road movement?

Is this forum only for hibs fans who attend every game ? Every hibs fan has other things going on in their lives, no need for this uber fan garbage

Bakerman
06-03-2024, 05:03 PM
Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things though ? Does it really matter if a stranger on a fans forum gives a reason for not going to a game ? Does one reason hold more weight than other reasons such as holidays etc to which they are criticised ?

I actually find it funny that folk are ripping their knitting at the thought someone who dares to choose not to attend a game which in essence is an expensive hobby

How could a Hibernian supporter 'find it funny', that actual Hibernian supporters want other Hibernian supporters to attend the biggest match of the season? We could really do with as many as possible turning up to roar us on.

WeeRussell
06-03-2024, 05:09 PM
Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things though ? Does it really matter if a stranger on a fans forum gives a reason for not going to a game ? Does one reason hold more weight than other reasons such as holidays etc to which they are criticised ?

Absolutely not, BH. Which is why I said earlier in the thread, and do most times this familiar theme comes up, it’s nobody’s business whatever someone else’s reasons for not attending are.

I’m simply saying I don’t believe there are many folk choosing not to attend ER purely because of the way the old firm supporters behave.

If there are then that’s entirely up to them.

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 05:24 PM
How could a Hibernian supporter 'find it funny', that actual Hibernian supporters want other Hibernian supporters to attend the biggest match of the season? We could really do with as many as possible turning up to roar us on.I dont dispute that we want the place rammed and bursting at the seams, however more often or not folk on here get all jumpy and slate others who give their reasons for not attending, its none of my business as to why folk cant attend, its none of yours and neither that of anyone else who posts on here

If you cant make it then fine, Im not going to lose any sleep over it

B.H.F.C
06-03-2024, 05:26 PM

That’s all it really comes down to IMO. Performance, or expectation of a performance, is the biggest driver of attendance.

And I can understand that. I just think if we’d been having a decent season and a better side, more folk would be inclined to just take the ma out on the Saturday instead or would be less concerned about listening to them singing some not very nice songs.

Had hoped the recent upturn would have encouraged a few more folk as also think it’s well priced, but doesn’t look like it has.

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 05:27 PM
Absolutely not, BH. Which is why I said earlier in the thread, and do most times this familiar theme comes up, it’s nobody’s business whatever someone else’s reasons for not attending are.

I’m simply saying I don’t believe there are many folk choosing not to attend ER purely because of the way the old firm supporters behave.

If there are then that’s entirely up to them.Wasnt aimed at you mate,I was generalising, we get these threads all the time with mostly the same folk whipping themselves senseless

Bakerman
06-03-2024, 05:28 PM
I dont dispute that we want the place rammed and bursting at the seams, however more often or not folk on here get all jumpy and slate others who give their reasons for not attending, its none of my business as to why folk cant attend, its none of yours and neither that of anyone else who posts on here

If you cant make it then fine, Im not going to lose any sleep over it

Its a forum. For opinions. Mine is that if you can't attend then fine, but don't give us them on here, its a supporters forum, not a non supporting forum. We're on here as Hibernian supporters, not non supporters.

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 05:32 PM
Its a forum. For opinions. Mine is that if you can't attend then fine, but don't give us them on here, its a supporters forum, not a non supporting forum. We're on here as Hibernian supporters, not non supporters.

Who made you spokesperson on who can post or have an opinion on here ? 🤣

****ing hell, this place is radge 🤣

Se7enUp
06-03-2024, 05:33 PM

So, it's a forum for opinions, just not the opinions you don't like?

WeeRussell
06-03-2024, 05:52 PM
Wasnt aimed at you mate,I was generalising, we get these threads all the time with mostly the same folk whipping themselves senseless

👍

Well it’s about time you did aim something at me!! It’s a quiet, cold, dark Wednesday night and the fitbaw doesn’t start for another hour yet.

(Oh and I completely agree with your point)

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 05:55 PM
👍

Well it’s about time you did aim something at me!! It’s a quiet, cold, dark Wednesday night and the fitbaw doesn’t start for another hour yet.

Im going to set that hibbyradge onto you, upset me once…

😁

WeeRussell
06-03-2024, 05:59 PM
Im going to set that hibbyradge onto you, upset me once…

😁

Don’t get me started on that splitter.

Bridge hibs
06-03-2024, 06:19 PM
Don’t get me started on that splitter.

🤣

Keepthefaith
06-03-2024, 07:29 PM
That’s all it really comes down to IMO. Performance, or expectation of a performance, is the biggest driver of attendance.

And I can understand that. I just think if we’d been having a decent season and a better side, more folk would be inclined to just take the ma out on the Saturday instead or would be less concerned about listening to them singing some not very nice songs.

Had hoped the recent upturn would have encouraged a few more folk as also think it’s well priced, but doesn’t look like it has.

if we're having a good season and playing well the place would be rammed. absolutely loved the 5-5 game when we cut their allocation and sold the place out. no one worried about the sectarianism then - if we subdue the team we shut them up too.

the good times are returning, and so will the crowds...unfortunately just not in time for this game!

Alfred E Newman
06-03-2024, 07:49 PM
Games against the old firm never sell out at ER and haven't done for ages. Whilst some people see this as our biggest game of the season, other's don't care so much.

Don't see the problem with that and certainly don't think anyone needs an 'excuse' not to go.

It’s a strange Hibs supporter that doesn’t care about a chance to win the Scottish Cup again and the benefits that go with it. If we win this game we are within touching distance.

lucky
07-03-2024, 02:41 PM
This is the biggest game of the season. 3 games away from the group stages of European football. But ticket sales are awful