PDA

View Full Version : Sin Bins

Bakerman
01-03-2024, 07:06 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68450854

Wonder how long it would take, and which lanarkshire referee would be the first to send a currant player into it. :greengrin

Paul1642
01-03-2024, 08:21 PM
The only proposed rule change I’ve seen in a lag time that I’m in favour of is the Arsene Wenger proposed changes to the offsiide rule I.e giving the attacker the advantage.

Wtf do we need sin bins for.

gbhibby
01-03-2024, 08:55 PM
The sin bin in football should operate the same as rugby,all yellow cards, if you make
it for specific offences you are asking for trouble. Also the sin bin yellow can be reviewed and uprated to red during the time in the bin the same as it is operated in Rugby.

HoboHarry
01-03-2024, 09:04 PM
Seriously stupid idea, just another way of slowing the game down.

Sparrows tongue
01-03-2024, 09:27 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68450854

Wonder how long it would take, and which lanarkshire referee would be the first to send a currant player into it. :greengrin

By your reckoning, there would probably be thousands of them. :aok:

Donegal Hibby
01-03-2024, 09:48 PM
VAR , offside rule , handball rule were defenders have to run around defending with their arms either behind their backs or down their sides like penguins, blue cards and now sin bin talk . Whoever is coming up with ideas like this for football should seriously think about giving up !! .

Nicho87
01-03-2024, 09:53 PM
Once it’s introduced the sfa will have more excuses for ‘honest mistakes’ im sure

We felt the two footed lunge wasn’t quite a red card but more so take ten on the naughty step to reflect

As people keep saying why have the technology / process if you don’t have the people fit to work the system

1875Sean
01-03-2024, 11:14 PM
The sin bin in football should operate the same as rugby,all yellow cards, if you make
it for specific offences you are asking for trouble. Also the sin bin yellow can be reviewed and uprated to red during the time in the bin the same as it is operated in Rugby.

The only thing they should take from rugby is stopping the clock when play has stopped, keep sin bins away from football

Dr What If?
02-03-2024, 12:04 AM

We've seen some dodgy decisions in this years 6 nations but in general it works in rugby because both players and officials are honest, mistakes are genuine mistakes. That isn't football.....football is built on a foundation of cheating. A while back someone also started a post based on yellow cards against foul count, unsurprisingly the OF ratio was the highest or in other words, their players are less likely to be booked.
In short, it will lead to even more simulation and provide an even greater advantage to the OF.

Greensunshine
02-03-2024, 12:13 AM
If players and managers were more honest and not in the business of cheating their granny just to gain any kind of advantage then we wouldn’t need all these new rule changes!

There’s far too much money involved in the game and it’s really killing the enjoyment of a game I used to love but I’m fast falling out of love with it.

Forza Fred
02-03-2024, 04:43 AM
Stupid idea.

At a professional level it would simply result in the team with ten men doing their absolute best to waste as much time as they could until the 10 minutes is up.

Football needs that like a hole in the head.

greenlex
02-03-2024, 04:49 AM
The only thing they should take from rugby is stopping the clock when play has stopped, keep sin bins away from football
I’d also take allowing treatment for injured players whilst play continued. Time wasting instantly halved.

Glory Lurker
02-03-2024, 05:55 AM
Stupid idea.

At a professional level it would simply result in the team with ten men doing their absolute best to waste as much time as they could until the 10 minutes is up.

Football needs that like a hole in the head.

Exactly. Fake a couple of injuries and you've used up a good bit of the time. It's so obvious that is what will happen that it's incredible that this idea hasn't been stuck in the bin. At the rate they're going with new, garbage rules the game will be unwatchable in ten years.

Carheenlea
02-03-2024, 06:19 AM
Not something Scottish referees could be trusted with.

A no for me.

KeithTheHibby
02-03-2024, 06:59 AM
Var has been a disaster in this country due to the corrupt / inept decisions made by the authorities. Sin bins here would be even worse.

Helensburghhibs
02-03-2024, 07:06 AM

Sorry mate but rugby this, rugby that. It doesn't necessarily work in rugby so why ruin football with it. It's just another opportunity for crap officials to get it wrong or find something out of nothing. My suggestion is that we leave our game alone

ruthven_raiders
02-03-2024, 07:22 AM
The only proposed rule change I’ve seen in a lag time that I’m in favour of is the Arsene Wenger proposed changes to the offsiide rule I.e giving the attacker the advantage.

Wtf do we need sin bins for.

if the attacker's entire body completely overtakes the last defender; it's offside. But, if a small part of the attacker's body is 'offside', it WON'T be considered offside anymore

Greenbeard
02-03-2024, 07:24 AM
VAR , offside rule , handball rule were defenders have to run around defending with their arms either behind their backs or down their sides like penguins, blue cards and now sin bin talk . Whoever is coming up with ideas like this for football should seriously think about giving up !! .
Way worse than all of these is the deplorable progression of the game into a non-contact sport where it is accepted that jumping in the air theatrically and screaming in pseudo pain after being brushed by an opponent justifies a free kick or game-changing penalty.
Let's see what comes of the meeting but it also sounds like officialdom are happy to continue with the wholly inadequate status quo for blatant cheating by way of "professional" fouls.

ruthven_raiders
02-03-2024, 07:24 AM
I’d also take allowing treatment for injured players whilst play continued. Time wasting instantly halved.

Yup have medical team on while play carries on, would stop people feigning injury...

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2024, 12:35 PM
Another opporchancity for Scottish football officials to demonstrate 50 degrees of ineptitude…