King Cosell
29-02-2024, 10:24 PM
Looking at overall performance, not results or goals scored:

Celtic 9/10
Inverness 8/10
Aberdeen 6.5/10
Dundee 9/10
Hearts 9/10

If you think I'm being a bit generous, we were the better team against Celtic, that's very rare even when we beat them. We completely dominated Dundee for 90% of the game and only their keeper stopped it being 4 or 5. We were much better at Tynie last night than we were in the Horgan Game or the Boyle Game. Hearts fans saying they were poor, I think we were just too good for them all over the park.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2024, 01:53 AM
Agreed. We’re competing in games we wouldn’t have competed in before and dominating games we wouldn’t have dominated. We look tighter at the back and have more creativity and combativeness in the midfield and more energy and movement up front.

No, we haven’t got the results our play warranted, but through bad luck and terrible decisions rather than the tons of possession but zero shots on goal mode we were in earlier.

We look like we’re only moving in one direction in the table. I think we’ll pass Dundee soon, and will probably finish above St Mirren. Killie is an ask.

If the Huns and Celtic go to the wire, we could decide the flag.

basehibby
01-03-2024, 01:58 AM

Celtic 9/10
Inverness 8/10
Aberdeen 6.5/10
Dundee 9/10
Hearts 9/10

If you think I'm being a bit generous, we were the better team against Celtic, that's very rare even when we beat them. We completely dominated Dundee for 90% of the game and only their keeper stopped it being 4 or 5. We were much better at Tynie last night than we were in the Horgan Game or the Boyle Game. Hearts fans saying they were poor, I think we were just too good for them all over the park.

On a good run of form we're on but I think you're being a tad generous...

Celtic 7/10
Inverness 8/10
Aberdeen 6/10
Dundee 8/10
Hearts 7/10

Massive improvement in performance level to the 5 games previous - need to get the points on the board to be worthy of 8s and 9s though IMO

joe breezy
01-03-2024, 03:54 AM

Celtic 9/10
Inverness 8/10
Aberdeen 6.5/10
Dundee 9/10
Hearts 9/10

9 out of 10 for me is a really high standard
Hibs Dundee - a much better game but it was looking like 1-1 at one point
Hibs haven’t reached 8 the way I would mark but I start at zero and work up rather than starting at 10 and deducting
So out of 10 marking is really subjective

If we gub sevco in the cup then we may see an 8 or 9

Also from what I heard we were better v Hearts than we were against Dundee

Winston Ingram
01-03-2024, 05:35 AM
Celtic 7/10
Inverness 7/10
Aberdeen 6/10
Dundee 8/10
Hearts 7/10

DIXIHIBS
01-03-2024, 06:47 AM

Celtic 9/10
Inverness 8/10
Aberdeen 6.5/10
Dundee 9/10
Hearts 9/10

Tbh 9/10 is too generous. Yes there's definitely an improvement but more 7s and 8s for me. If you consider 10/10 to be perfection, we're a long way from that.

Liam89
01-03-2024, 06:50 AM
Our passing has sharpened up massively. I was so frustrated watching us the last few months misplacing so many passes and turning over possession constantly.

We’re playing much cleaner football now!

WestStandWillie
01-03-2024, 08:13 AM
Celtic 1st half 4/10
Celtic 2nd half 7/10
Inverness 7/10
Aberdeen 6/10
Dundee 8/10
Hearts 8/10

We battered both Dundee and Hearts and could have won the games twice over. Their keepers stopped it getting silly so our performance shouldn't be marked down for that.

Brightside
01-03-2024, 08:18 AM
Celtic 7/10
Inverness 7/10
Aberdeen 6/10
Dundee 8/10
Hearts 7/10

Thats basically 11/10 then if Winston is giving these high marks. :greengrin:greengrin

Fergus52
01-03-2024, 09:37 AM
7 out of ten is harsh for Tynecastle - if Maolida's header or one of Vente's off the line had gone in everyone would be giving tens.

Yes, football is a game of fine margins but the OP said to rate performances, not the results.

we had over 3 times the non penalty xG of Hearts on Wednesday night - I think that's probably the first time we'd have achieved that since I've been properly watching hibs. Too young to properly remember the McLeish days but I can't think of anytime at Tynecastle (including wins) under Mowbray, Collins, Stubbs or Lennon where we created significantly more high quality chances than they did. Most of the good results at Tynie I've seen have been very smash and grab.

wookie70
01-03-2024, 10:14 AM
7 out of ten is harsh for Tynecastle - if Maolida's header or one of Vente's off the line had gone in everyone would be giving tens.

Yes, football is a game of fine margins but the OP said to rate performances, not the results.

we had over 3 times the non penalty xG of Hearts on Wednesday night - I think that's probably the first time we'd have achieved that since I've been properly watching hibs. Too young to properly remember the McLeish days but I can't think of anytime at Tynecastle (including wins) under Mowbray, Collins, Stubbs or Lennon where we created significantly more high quality chances than they did. Most of the good results at Tynie I've seen have been very smash and grab.No idea of the stats when they beat us 1-0 under Fenlon but we had so many good chances that night against about 1 for them. As for the performance marks none are above 7 for me. Probably all 7s bar the Dons which would be 6

Jones28
01-03-2024, 12:29 PM

Celtic 9/10
Inverness 8/10
Aberdeen 6.5/10
Dundee 9/10
Hearts 9/10

I'd give performances and results different scores.

Celtic performance 9/10, result 5/10
ICT performance 8/10, result 9/10
Aberdeen performance 7/10, result 6/10
Dundee both 8/10
Hearts performance 8/10, result 6/10

Good performances against Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic but draws and losses are no more than 6/10 imo

Since452
01-03-2024, 01:11 PM

Celtic 9/10
Inverness 8/10
Aberdeen 6.5/10
Dundee 9/10
Hearts 9/10

Celtic 7/10
Inverness 7/10
Aberdeen 6/10
Dundee 8/10
Hearts 8/10

Sparrows tongue
01-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Celtic And Hearts games both get an 8 from me.

The other three games we were just ok.

Let’s be honest though, we should​ have beat Inverness in any case, nothing to write home about there, really.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-03-2024, 02:53 PM
Form has improved but these are the important stats:

Celtic L
Inverness W (Cup)
Aberdeen D
Dundee W
Hearts D

5 points out of 12 when it could easily have been 10 or 12 out of 12. Those lost points changes the league positions and would really have created some momentum for the remaining games.

Undefeated last 4 games :cb

Donegal Hibby
01-03-2024, 03:25 PM
Celtic 8 .( VAR / Referee cost us ).
Inverness 7. ( Decent result at tricky away fixture).
Aberdeen. 8 (Good result though robbed again VAR / Referee ).
Dundee 8 . ( Good performance and result against a difficult opponent).
Hertz 9 . ( Not to often I've seen us dominate most of the game and be much the better team there , robbed again though VAR/ Referee).

Massive improvement in the teams performances lately which hasn't always got the results it's deserved unfortunately due to some mental decision by VAR / Referee .