PDA

View Full Version : Is that the first time a ref has overruled VAR?

Not In The Know
28-02-2024, 10:10 PM
In scotland discuss? I dont know...

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2024, 10:11 PM
No.

WeeRussell
28-02-2024, 10:11 PM
No - happened against Rangers (believe it or not) about 3 weeks ago. Red card incident I think.

flash
28-02-2024, 10:12 PM
Second. Willie Collum did it too.

LewysGot2
We've complained recently. There's the pay back

Onceinawhile
No. There was literally one last weekend.

Not In The Know
28-02-2024, 10:39 PM
No - happened against Rangers (believe it or not) about 3 weeks ago. Red card incident I think.
Ha ok then if not against Rangers. Would be nice to gather some video evidence…

matty_f
29-02-2024, 01:18 AM
No. There was literally one last weekend.

Who was the ref that did it last weekend?

ShetlandHibby
29-02-2024, 06:23 AM
It has happened on a number of occasions

Ryan91
29-02-2024, 06:26 AM
Almost poetic in that VAR takes a look, recommends the ref check the monitor (because they believe the decision is incorrect) but the on field ref chooses to screw us over anyway

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:28 AM
It has happened on a number of occasions

Not many only two previously as far as I know. Rangers St Johnstone last season at Ibrox var suggest red card against Rangers Collum (shock) decides no red. Rangers Sheep recently Sterling sent off by Robertson var says check he maintains the red. Robertson acts like some badly behaved toddler for 5 mins on the pitch when told off by Clemente.

Tyler Durden
29-02-2024, 06:31 AM
Not many only two previously as far as I know. Rangers St Johnstone last season at Ibrox var suggest red card against Rangers Collum (shock) decides no red. Rangers Sheep recently Sterling sent off by Robertson var says check he maintains the red. Robertson acts like some badly behaved toddler for 5 mins on the pitch when told off by Clemente.

Plus Willie Collum in the Well vs Celtic game on Sunday there

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:33 AM

Cool didn't see much of that game. Assuming in Celtics favour.

LaMotta
29-02-2024, 09:00 AM

And Steven McLean in the St Mirren Dundee game for a red card challenge a few weeks back.

LeithMike
29-02-2024, 10:08 AM
I don’t think there was bias against Hibs - otherwise, why not just give the first challenge as a penalty?

I think this came down more to professional pride and prejudice. When he gave the penalty he was right beside it with a perfect view. When called to the monitor then he probably felt his professional judgement was being questioned and found enough to stick by the decision.

That’s why appeals always go to a different decision-maker and it’s a flaw in the current process where when called to the screen refs will either give in immediately to the view of the VAR or stick to their decision (prob depending on their personality) without probably any genuine consideration of the merits.

Saying all that, there is no doubt bias in other way referees are selected and VAR is just another vehicle that enables this bias to come through rather than a tool to help correct bad decisions. I’d just scrap it.

WeeRussell
29-02-2024, 10:08 AM
Ha ok then if not against Rangers. Would be nice to gather some video evidence…

When I say “against rangers” I mean the call actually went against them. I.e my “Believe it or not” wasn’t sarcastic 😁

I was meaning the Sterling sending off that someone has since mentioned 👍

BoomtownHibees
29-02-2024, 10:12 AM
Cool didn't see much of that game. Assuming in Celtics favour.

VAR recommended the ref look at a foul by Callum Butcher to see if it should have been a red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity (which it was nowhere close to being) and the ref stuck to his original decision, a yellow card

JimBHibees
01-03-2024, 06:26 AM
VAR recommended the ref look at a foul by Callum Butcher to see if it should have been a red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity (which it was nowhere close to being) and the ref stuck to his original decision, a yellow card

Ah do remember it now was absolutely ridiculous suggesting that was a red.

ruthven_raiders
01-03-2024, 07:16 AM
In rugby after TMO reviews and gives video evidence, that the ref and two touch judges make a collective decision rather than just the ref, which happens in football.