PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans at Hearts penalty

Pages : [1] 2

JimBHibees
28-02-2024, 09:52 PM
Hope every single Hibs fan throwing a missile tonight is identified and banned. Utterly pathetic

DH1875
28-02-2024, 09:53 PM
Never a penalty. Joke of a desicion.

Greensunshine
28-02-2024, 09:55 PM
To the guy who threw the pie, it backfired.

Shankland smashing his penalty into the top corner and then picks up the pie and starts eating it 😜🤣🤣🤣🤣

flash
28-02-2024, 09:56 PM
Shut up ya fud

Why? He's right.

USA_Hibee
28-02-2024, 09:56 PM
100%

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 09:57 PM
There was me thinking it would be a thread to discuss the shambolic decision.

Disco Dave
Why? He's right.

Was to the original poster begging for folk to be banned.

ElginHibbie
Why? He's right.

:agree:

Can't be going around complaining about Rangers and Celtic fans when our own bunch are making an arse of the club

Greensunshine
28-02-2024, 09:58 PM
Not ****ing one lighter hit Clancy!!!

Shame on every single one of you! 😂🤣😂🤣

JohnM1875
28-02-2024, 09:59 PM

Aye, he’s right.

bringbackbenny

What would you do regarding our fans throwing multiple objects then? Pat them on the back? A warning?

Hibeesdaft16
Why? He's right.

Banned for throwing a cup onto the pitch flash in a derby at their **** tip after a penalty that has ****ing robbed us? Mate you've got old.

wookie70
Totally agree with the OP. The amount of objects thrown tonight for the whole game was shocking. We are worse at Tiny than the Uglies are at ER and there are so many total idiots in our support at the moment it is unreal. Surely we can just get a few camera looking into teh stand and start banning these idiots. To me it looks like the Police are fine with it as they never seem to do anything about it which of course just leads to it getting worse.

mutley
:agree:

Can't be going around complaining about Rangers and Celtic fans where our own bunch are making an arse of the club

aye, there was the other thread going on about the Weegie pair and their pyro, and tonight some twat throws a green smoke bomb. Just a wee bit of double standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 10:01 PM
Totally agree with the OP. The amount of objects thrown tonight for the whole game was shocking. We are worse at Tiny than the Uglies are at ER and there are so many total idiots in our support at the moment it is unreal. Surely we can just get a few camera looking into teh stand and start banning these idiots. To me it looks like the Police are fine with it as they never seem to do anything about it which of course just leads to it getting worse.

Police were filming all game.

ErinGoBraghHFC
28-02-2024, 10:03 PM
Banned for throwing a cup onto the pitch flash in a derby at their **** tip after a penalty that has ****ing robbed us? Mate you've got old.

You’re 12, aren’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza Fred

No, he’s a grown up.

ElginHibbie
aye, there was the other thread going on about the Weegie pair and their pyro, and tonight some twat throws a green smoke bomb. Just a wee bit of double standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Something needs to be done, and maybe cutting allocations is a starting point but if we do that others are just gonna do the same to us cause our support aren't completely innocent

WeeRussell
28-02-2024, 10:05 PM
Correct, Jim. Another frustration to add to the evening.

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 10:06 PM
No, he’s a grown up.

And you've never been young?

flash
28-02-2024, 10:06 PM

I know it was. He's right.

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 10:07 PM
You’re 12, aren’t you?

Harsh. 13, sweetheart.

Carheenlea
The missile throwing is definitely getting worse at Tynecastle. Only a matter time before someone does get hit by an object.

That said, I’m not going lie though, I was hoping the array of missiles and delays to clear pitch would be enough to put Shankland off.

Hiber-nation
Worst I've ever seen from our end, absolutely ridiculous and some of the stuff nearly hit our own players. As for the halfwit who nearly hit the ballboy with a smoke bomb, wow.

flash
28-02-2024, 10:08 PM

You can be young without being a tit. It's not compulsory.

Gus
28-02-2024, 10:08 PM

Hardly begging, they should be. Imagine the thread if this was at the other end.

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 10:09 PM
You can be young without being a tit. It's not compulsory.

True.

Mcbizz1998
28-02-2024, 10:11 PM
Shankland ate the half eaten pie? That’s ****ing gross 🤢

What a weird wee guy he is.

Forza Fred
28-02-2024, 10:11 PM

Yes I have.

But I was smart enough to be able to adequately express the way I felt without committing an offence.

Torto7
28-02-2024, 10:12 PM
Hope every single Hibs fan throwing a missile tonight is identified and banned. Utterly pathetic

And all of the greasy tramps in the home end doing the same.

Not In The Know
28-02-2024, 10:13 PM
100% EMBARRISING.

nae class

Onceinawhile
28-02-2024, 10:14 PM
Clearly not a penalty.

Also not an excuse to throw missiles.

Same idiots throwing them wilm undoubtedly be talking about "hibs class" when they wake up tomorrow.

LewysGot2
28-02-2024, 10:15 PM
Coked Up morons.
Likewise the idiots in Section N in the home end who were battering stewards en masse in the stands at the end of the game. Absolute cretins.

Carheenlea
It doesn’t make it acceptable in any way, but missile throwing tonight wasn’t exclusive to the Roseburn Stand.

Disco Dave
100% EMBARRISING.

nae class

Exactly, grassing on your own. Should have flung more at the ****.

WeeRussell

You seem like a really mature and intelligent individual, David.

Springbank
28-02-2024, 10:16 PM
Terrible decision

I understand why folk were furious & you have to blame Clancy

An incendiary moment from a por ref that robbed us of the win

You could make a case he deserves all he gets

GreenCastle
28-02-2024, 10:20 PM
Lucky fans didn’t invade the pitch with that awful decision from the ref.

Folk paying good money for the game to be run by an idiot.

Scottish football has an issue with away fans - until they sort it - incidents like tonight will continue to happen. Think flares etc at ER from away end too.

flash

Go to bed.

Hibeesdaft16
Terrible decisiong

I understand why folk were furious & you have to blame Clancy

An incendiary moment from a por ref that robbed us of the win

You could make a case he deserves all he gets

No, you have the wrong story. Righteous members of the do goodgers nation of .net of whom the majority have not went to a game for months/years (not you Flash) want to concentrate on the actions of some of our support and not why the crime of the penalty was given in the first place. That shafted us even when it went to var.

Oh well, I guess you had to be there.

AL-Qaholik
28-02-2024, 10:21 PM
This thread is a pretty clear indication that a decent number of our support are just absolute ****ing muppets.

It is possible to be young and not a compete and utter cretin.

Go on, give it a bash.

flash
28-02-2024, 10:22 PM
No, you have the wrong story. Righteous members of the do goodgers nation of .net of whom the majority have not went to a game for months/years (not you Flash) want to concentrate on the actions of some of our support and not why the crime of the penalty was given in the first place. The shafted us even when it went to var.

What about all the times missiles are launched from the bottom of the East Stand when all the victim is doing is taking a throw in?
We have a real problem with this sort of stuff.

ElginHibbie
28-02-2024, 10:25 PM
What about all the times missiles are launched from the bottom of the East Stand when all the victim is doing is taking a throw in?

They are just real fans and/or young lads and apparently above criticism

wookie70
28-02-2024, 10:27 PM
No, you have the wrong story. Righteous members of the do goodgers nation of .net of whom the majority have not went to a game for months/years (not you Flash) want to concentrate on the actions of some of our support and not why the crime of the penalty was given in the first place. That shafted us even when it went to var.

I've not missed a Derby for well over a decade and our fans were a disgrace tonight and that extends well before and after the penalty. The were throwing missiles with Hibs players closer to them than Hearts players. Even those morons must realise they are as likely to hit a player of a team they presumably support than a member of teh opposition. Smoke bombs chucked at ball boys and loads of missiles into the Hearts support too. Not really fussed if Hearts fans did it too they can deal with their own. It is about time we started getting these cretins out of our support. The supporters you are calling out are not righteous they are simply right.

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 10:28 PM

That's true, but why are you concentrating on that after the match just now?

flash
28-02-2024, 10:30 PM

I ain't. Only on this thread which is about the missiles.

Hiber-nation
28-02-2024, 10:31 PM
I've not missed a Derby for well over a decade and our fans were a disgrace tonight and that extends well before and after the penalty. The were throwing missiles with Hibs players closer to them than Hearts players. Even those morons must realise they are as likely to hit a player of a team they presumably support than a member of teh opposition. Smoke bombs chucked at ball boys and loads of missiles into the Hearts support too. Not really fussed if Hearts fans did it too they can deal with their own. It is about time we started getting these cretins out of our support. The supporters you are calling out are not righteous they are simply right.

Spot on, worst I've ever seen. It has to stop.

CL0762
28-02-2024, 10:31 PM

Maybe because a big deal was made about the behaviour of away supporters at ER at last nights AGM only for members of our own support to act like absolute morons tonight?

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 10:35 PM

The majority of our support were absolutely fine tonight. I've seen much worse at new year derbies in their ground.

Smoke bombs werent thrown at ball boys deliberately either, that's absolute pish. They threw ***** into out end from where I was over their **** new stand they used to call n.

The hibs.net fans might be right, but coming on a forum after being ****ed over against them and having a go at our own support from Chile or China? Aye nae bother.

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 10:37 PM
Maybe because a big deal was made about the behaviour of away supporters at ER at last nights AGM only for members of our own support to act like absolute morons tonight?

Because a drop of fannies launch stuff onto the pitch as tit for tat with them we have to endure sectarian and terrorist tunes?

Hibeesdaft16
28-02-2024, 10:38 PM
I ain't. Only on this thread which is about the missiles.

Thread needs a name change then mate :greengrin

JKeatings
28-02-2024, 10:39 PM
Theirs no way any of us in the ground knew how soft a penalty was giving, missiles keep up especially in the night games we won’t get them and we don’t want that. Goal celebrations tonight were brilliant

ElginHibbie
28-02-2024, 10:40 PM
Because a drop of fannies launch stuff onto the pitch as tit for tat with them we have to endure sectarian and terrorist tunes?

So you think singing songs is worse than throwing stuff that could hit someone?

CL0762
28-02-2024, 10:42 PM

What are you on about a tit for tat?

Regardless of what people think about Hearts players, they were at their work tonight and were subjected to numerous projectiles launched directly at them. One of them clocked Shankland before a Hibs corner that he could’ve made a meal out of.

Also, comparing the singing of songs to actually being physically assaulted is wild in itself.

Hibby70
28-02-2024, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we only get the upper 'tier' (no laughing at the back) next game at Tynecastle. Which quite frankly you couldn't argue with.

Utter morons.

Hiber-nation
28-02-2024, 10:43 PM
So you think singing songs is worse than throwing stuff that could hit someone?

Ignore him, he's at it constantly.

yerauldda
28-02-2024, 10:44 PM
It’s utterly pathetic and cowardly. The whataboutery doesn’t help either.

ElginHibbie
28-02-2024, 10:45 PM
Ignore him, he's at it constantly.

Good point, I am off to bed, it's really late/early here in Chile/China

Glasgowhibby95
28-02-2024, 11:07 PM
Regardless of how ridiculous the penalty was, there is simply no excuse for such ridiculous behaviour.

Brings shame and embarrassment on the club and the supporters who attend tynie without acting like absolute bams.

LunasBoots
29-02-2024, 12:21 AM
Police and CCTV will no doubt identify some of the culprits and they will be banned, silly people.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2024, 02:22 AM
Was always going to happen with a 7:45 ko. Add in that half the support there tonight are one game wonders/tynie day trippers. (you know who you are)

I'm_cabbaged
29-02-2024, 05:49 AM
Should be ashamed that they missed that heid.

But seriously, why even think about it. Bams will be bams I suppose

madbadlad
29-02-2024, 05:54 AM
“Bams will be Bams, was always going to happen.” Unless Hibs fans call this behaviour out, it’s akin (though not as serious) as the refugee chant against a certain Jambo. Totally unacceptable and detracts from what was otherwise a brilliant support last night.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 05:56 AM
And all of the greasy tramps in the home end doing the same.

Absolutely

givescotlandfreedom
29-02-2024, 06:03 AM
Never managed to get a ticket in the scramble. Might propose to chuck stuff on the pitch instead of watching the game if that helps.

Pretty Boy
29-02-2024, 06:18 AM
Throwing stuff on the park is the mark of the moron. 'Ah but they are just young working class lads'. **** off with that nonsense. Social snobbery at it's worst implying they don't know any better. Plenty people that fit that description can go to the football without acting like a dick.

We had Hibs fans, quite rightly, calling out the club at the AGM for not tackling the issues with Celtic and Rangers. What moral high ground do we have now? Scottish football exists in a world of whataboutery and if our own house isn't in order then any statements about anyone else will be met with 'but what about that time......?'

ShetlandHibby
29-02-2024, 06:22 AM
I was ashamed watching the behaviour of our ‘fans’ last night. It’s an embarrassing element of our support that act like wee neds. Some people just have no brains.

7Hero
29-02-2024, 06:29 AM
Better behave a bit more mature or well get our allocation cut, that's a possibility..

Liam89
29-02-2024, 06:29 AM
A lot of coke fuelled neds in our support unfortunately. Becoming worse and worse.

WestStandWillie
29-02-2024, 06:33 AM
All fun and games until both clubs close off sections of the Roseburn and the East Stand at respective grounds for Derbies.

Bunch of wee two can dans that cannae handle their drinks.

Glory Lurker
29-02-2024, 06:44 AM
Better behave a bit more mature or well get our allocation cut, that's a possibility..

If they were looking for a reason to do it, the chuckers might just have given them it.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:45 AM
Throwing stuff on the park is the mark of the moron. 'Ah but they are just young working class lads'. **** off with that nonsense. Social snobbery at it's worst implying they don't know any better. Plenty people that fit that description can go to the football without acting like a dick.

We had Hibs fans, quite rightly, calling out the club at the AGM for not tackling the issues with Celtic and Rangers. What moral high ground do we have now? Scottish football exists in a world of whataboutery and if our own house isn't in order then any statements about anyone else will be met with 'but what about that time......?'

Completely agree never an excuse.

Scooter
29-02-2024, 06:54 AM
Agree with the op. Throwing stuff on the park is just ridiculous and needs to stop.

Aside from the fact it's dangerous and could cause harm. It damages the reputation of the club and fans. Also not even 24hours after where the CEO has called out The Rangers and Celtic and may reduce their allocation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hearts do that to us know

Not In The Know
29-02-2024, 06:55 AM
The missile throwing is definitely getting worse at Tynecastle. Only a matter time before someone does get hit by an object.

That said, I’m not going lie though, I was hoping the array of missiles and delays to clear pitch would be enough to put Shankland off.

I think they actually focused him on the job in hand.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:59 AM

Zander Clark got cut by a missile at Tynecastle thrown by Hibs fan not that long ago.

Hibernian Verse
29-02-2024, 06:59 AM
Hopefully one day the two "hold me back, Mummy" brigades on either side manage to break the lines of stewards so we can see just how good their boxing skills are.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 07:00 AM
I think they actually focused him on the job in hand.

Think you might be right.

Aldo
29-02-2024, 07:05 AM
Cowardly individuals bringing the reputation of the club down once again.

Now we all know Andy Walker is a complete roaster but last night he did say both sets of fans were a disgrace chucking items at opposition players taking corners/throw ins etc

Jones28
29-02-2024, 07:07 AM

And it would be justified.

Scouse Hibee
29-02-2024, 07:08 AM
Was always going to happen with a 7:45 ko. Add in that half the support there tonight are one game wonders/tynie day trippers. (you know who you are)

Yeah I do, my first game at Tynie for years, had a few drinks before it too but never threw anything onto the pitch. 👍

Hibernian Verse
29-02-2024, 07:11 AM
BBC Scotland this morning focussing on the behaviour of fans rather than the penalty.

ian cruise
29-02-2024, 07:15 AM
BBC Scotland this morning focussing on the behaviour of fans rather than the penalty.

Fact the folk throwing stuff on the pitch can't see that their behaviour gives the media all they need to sweep the poor officiating under the carpet as they can focus on the fan behaviour instead tell you everything you need to know about how much thought they put in to their actions.

It's attention seeking, nothing more.

.Sean.
29-02-2024, 07:15 AM
See all the folk making excuses for chucking the coins and vapes, you still be making excuses if our allocation gets cut and you canny get a ticket because of it? Because Hearts fans will be pushing for it, and they listen to their support.

Believe me I’ve done more stupid stuff than most when I’ve been full of it but lobbing coins and vapes and whatever else when you’ve just as much chance as hitting a Hibs player, or someone in your own support. Don’t get it

Oranje39
29-02-2024, 07:28 AM
Yea, it was embarrassing to see. I agree they should all be banned for every ground in Scotland.

Brizo
29-02-2024, 07:44 AM

100% agree with this.

We know that any bad behaviour on our part will be highlighted just as bad behaviour on the part of the OF will be swept under the carpet and that the whataboutery police ( which includes the majority of our press and pundits ) are the first to play that particular card when anyone has the temerity to speak out against their beloved OF.

Jones28
29-02-2024, 07:49 AM
See all the folk making excuses for chucking the coins and vapes, you still be making excuses if our allocation gets cut and you canny get a ticket because of it? Because Hearts fans will be pushing for it, and they listen to their support.

Believe me I’ve done more stupid stuff than most when I’ve been full of it but lobbing coins and vapes and whatever else when you’ve just as much chance as hitting a Hibs player, or someone in your own support. Don’t get it

If they take a big chunk out of the allocation they have every justification to do so. It seems to be getting worse as well.

As for self policing, when I was 18/19 I tried to stop someone lobbing a bamboo flag pole at Hampden. I didn't manage to, and it hit a wee boy who was there with his grandad and resulted in lots of tears and I think they moved seats.

I got reems of abuse from the boy who threw it and all his pals, spitting at me and my friend and offering us out on stairs. We tried to ignore it and let it be, and eventually the thrower was ejected.

Fortunately the first half was so **** it was forgotten about - Falkirk semi.

Self policing will not work.

CapitalGreen
29-02-2024, 07:51 AM
Throwing things at players is significantly worse than sectarian singing. It would be a massive brass neck from our club to call out other fans for songs while our own fans are regularly trying to injure opposition players. Based on last night and recent visits there, Hearts would be well within their rights to put up a net in front of the Hibs fans.

ruthven_raiders
29-02-2024, 07:53 AM
Throwing things at players is significantly worse than sectarian singing. It would be a massive brass neck from our club to call out other fans for songs while our own fans are regularly trying to injure opposition players. Based on last night and recent visits there, Hearts would be well within their rights to put up a net in front of the Hibs fans.

Certainly be but would have to put a net around other areas especially the corners for their fans too.....both clubs have to get together to get this stamped out....

green day
29-02-2024, 07:53 AM

Hibs have already discussed the sectarian singing, it came up at the AGM, and there is another thread about it.

I think your bit I have put in bold may be the solution, sadly.

Brightside
29-02-2024, 07:54 AM
Was it the French visitors that threw the wine opener.

Brizo
29-02-2024, 08:01 AM
If they take a big chunk out of the allocation they have every justification to do so. It seems to be getting worse as well.

As for self policing, when I was 18/19 I tried to stop someone lobbing a bamboo flag pole at Hampden. I didn't manage to, and it hit a wee boy who was there with his grandad and resulted in lots of tears and I think they moved seats.

I got reems of abuse from the boy who threw it and all his pals, spitting at me and my friend and offering us out on stairs. We tried to ignore it and let it be, and eventually the thrower was ejected.

Unfortunately it doesnt work particularly with some of the characters who come out for certain games

I get all the arguments about policing costs but entrusting safety in the stands to minimum wage, minimum trained stewards doesnt work in derbies and other flashpoint games. Polis in the stands , walking the gangways are the only real-time deterrents to try and stop incidents like you've described.

Unfortunately we have a policing culture which is reactive not proactive and which relies on trawling through cctv after the event rather than prevent it happening in the first place.

The Modfather
29-02-2024, 08:09 AM
With the technology we’ve got now surely it’s easy to identify some of those throwing objects. Identify them. Ban them. Critically, publicly, without going as far as naming and shaming, give visibility of those identified and banned as a deterrent.

I wasn’t there last night, but more generally, actually stopping those too drunk from getting in. Derbies and Hampden, I’ve seen people literally almost unable to stand but never seen any of them ever refused entry.

PatHead
29-02-2024, 08:12 AM
Wonder how well the singing section behind the goals will work with some of these tubes there?

At least them being up the terrace in the corner cuts down on the damage throwing things can do.

green day
29-02-2024, 08:17 AM
Wonder how well the singing section behind the goals will work with some of these tubes there?

At least them being up the terrace in the corner cuts down on the damage throwing things can do.

At Easter Road we have excellent CCTV system and can id people easily now.

Tynecastle is a dump and simply wont have the same system in place, which is probably why the police were also filming during the match.

PatHead
29-02-2024, 08:18 AM
At Easter Road we have excellent CCTV system and can id people easily now.

Tynecastle is a dump and simply wont have the same system in place, which is probably why the police were also filming during the match.

Hasn't stopped things getting thrown on the pitch just now.

Pretty Boy
29-02-2024, 08:21 AM

I didn't realise we had so many French members of Hibs First and ST holders. Amazing so many of them got tickets really.

green day
29-02-2024, 08:21 AM
Hasn't stopped things getting thrown on the pitch just now.

No, but if they are i.d. they get a ban.

Hiber-nation
29-02-2024, 08:25 AM
Allowing them all to be crammed into such a small space is a problem, making them harder to identify. Stewards can't do anything about it, they managed to move a few guys away from standing at the walkway above the lower section but it's an impossible task to move them all. So many empty seats around where I was near the back.

Bostonhibby
29-02-2024, 08:26 AM
I didn't realise we had so many French members of Hibs First and ST holders. Amazing so many of them got tickets really.Unless there was a selection of decent cheeses and a cooler for the seasonal whites on the pitch I think it's more likely to be some random asshole who threw it on rather than the French people amongst our support.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
29-02-2024, 08:35 AM
It's just hangers on.

wookie70
29-02-2024, 08:54 AM
Allowing them all to be crammed into such a small space is a problem, making them harder to identify. Stewards can't do anything about it, they managed to move a few guys away from standing at the walkway above the lower section but it's an impossible task to move them all. So many empty seats around where I was near the back. The stewarding and policing at tiny is disgraceful. The horizontal walkway that splits the, don't laugh, upper and lower tiers was rammed the whole match.It will be an emergency walkway and those standing there basically stop other fans seeing the near goal. The same idiots that throw missiles and the same age group. I hate missing Derby matches but I now also hate going to Tiny nearly as much and that is all to do with the half wits in our support. Hearts may well reduce our allocation and it would be hard to blame them. I hope our club can do better in identify the culprits and banning them for a considerable length of time while also passing evidence to the police

Hibernian Verse
29-02-2024, 08:56 AM
I've not seen it mentioned (may have missed it) but a green flare narrowly missing a wee ballboy who must have been terrified. It landed right at his feet before kick off.

wookie70
29-02-2024, 08:58 AM
I've not seen it mentioned (may have missed it) but a green flare narrowly missing a wee ballboy who must have been terrified. It landed right at his feet before kick off. I mentioned it earlier but seemingly it wasn't aimed at him so that was ok.

J-C
29-02-2024, 08:59 AM
Forget stewards and police, it was disgusting neddish behaviour from a section of our fans and needs stamped out.

Since452
29-02-2024, 09:02 AM
Coked Up morons.
Likewise the idiots in Section N in the home end who were battering stewards en masse in the stands at the end of the game. Absolute cretins.

Why are they always accused of being "coked up"? I see this all the time without any evidence. Folk have been throwing things on the park for as long as i can remember. Doesn't mean they're on anything. Just bams that can't control their emotions.

Hibernian Verse
29-02-2024, 09:02 AM
I mentioned it earlier but seemingly it wasn't aimed at him so that was ok.

Ah ok makes sense then :confused:

Hibernian Verse
29-02-2024, 09:03 AM
Why are they always accused of being "coked up"? I see this all the time without any evidence. Folk have been throwing things on the park for as long as i can remember. Doesn't mean they're on anything. Just bams that can't control their emotions.

You need to take a visit to the bogs pre-match and at half time. Boys openly doing it at urinals in front of kids.

Greenbeard
29-02-2024, 09:05 AM
Shankland ate the half eaten pie? That’s ****ing gross 🤢

What a weird wee guy he is.
Dodgy in the extreme. Who knows what that half-eaten pie was contaminated with. Hope he wasn't drug tested after the game!

WeeRussell
29-02-2024, 09:09 AM

Those damn wineos from chile!

On that note, I’d have thought hibs.net would be the ideal way for Hibs fans living in Chile and China to keep in touch with all things Hibs!

Is it just that they shouldn’t be allowed to criticise assault and moronic behaviour if they don’t live in this country?

(Quoted you BS but question obviously not aimed at you👍)

DH1875
29-02-2024, 09:15 AM
I didn't realise we had so many French members of Hibs First and ST holders. Amazing so many of them got tickets really.

Not saying it was them but know someone who again had a ticket for last nights game despite not being a season ticket holder (he regularly gets tickets there and was also at Villa away).

.Sean.
29-02-2024, 09:16 AM
Maybe missed something, what French visitors?

Jones28
29-02-2024, 09:19 AM

There's not able to control your emotions and theres folk taking ching openly in the toilets. It's that brazen now they aren't even waiting for cubicles.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-02-2024, 09:24 AM
Hibs' fans behaviour over the last 7 or 8 years in category A games must be really concerning to the club. Only 2 nights ago we had questions at our AGM complaining about a certain clubs songs and antics when we play them

This place would be collectively foaming at the mouth if rangers fans were throwing missiles as we took a penalty or corner. It's also time the Mercer song is put to bed imo

Some hun like behaviour last night. Call it out Hibs. Unacceptable

Pretty Boy
29-02-2024, 09:26 AM
Maybe missed something, what French visitors?

A wee group of Marseille fans.

Frazerbob
29-02-2024, 09:31 AM
Coked up fannies. The queue for the cubicle in the Roseburn pre-match was ridiculous and it wasn't daft teenagers. Either a lot of folk sticking cleaning chemicals with about 5% coke up their noses or there was a serious tummy bug going around. As for the police, what a waste of time they were. No searches going into the stadium, not moving on the idiots who stand in the walkway between the tiers (aye I know) and standing by and watching the tits launch missiles at the pitch and into the Hearts support without arresting anyone.

The Modfather
29-02-2024, 09:33 AM

How did they get tickets?

babahibs
29-02-2024, 09:41 AM

Well done admins for finally launching this ********, only question is why it took so long.
They've been relentlessly winding people up for a few weeks, it was pretty obvious from day one.

HNA2
29-02-2024, 09:49 AM
Well done admins for finally launching this ********, only question is why it took so long.
They've been relentlessly winding people up for a few weeks, it was pretty obvious from day one.

You can always use the report post function to let us know your concerns

LeithMike
29-02-2024, 09:52 AM
First time at Tynecastle in a few years (actually got fed up of missiles being thrown into the Hibs end from the Hearts end and the general lawlessness in our end).

The number of missiles thrown from the Hibs end must have reached 3 figures last night. It was pretty constant throughout the game. It looks too difficult to police properly so I suspect we are getting pretty close to a ban on away fans for the derby at Tynecastle and I imagine Hearts are keen to get STs sold for that area to include the Hibs game too. I think the derby as we know it is now in real danger. Very sad.

The lack of respect shown to and abuse of stewards who are trying to do their job (probably for minimum wage) is also terrible.

I know there has been an outcry about the penalty and the club making a statement but the behaviour of the fans is a bigger issue to me. The club have failed to take action in the past to address this and it’s getting far worse.

Hiber-nation
29-02-2024, 10:00 AM
The stewarding and policing at tiny is disgraceful. The horizontal walkway that splits the, don't laugh, upper and lower tiers was rammed the whole match.It will be an emergency walkway and those standing there basically stop other fans seeing the near goal. The same idiots that throw missiles and the same age group. I hate missing Derby matches but I now also hate going to Tiny nearly as much and that is all to do with the half wits in our support. Hearts may well reduce our allocation and it would be hard to blame them. I hope our club can do better in identify the culprits and banning them for a considerable length of time while also passing evidence to the police

Agree 100%. I can't not go as I don't want to miss something special (a la Millenium Derby) but the crowd trouble is completely out of control. I can manage getting there ridiculously early to avoid the "corteo" but watching missiles fly back and forth and hitting players is really putting me off going in the future, especially an evening kick off.

Gus
29-02-2024, 10:11 AM

I left after the 3rd goal went in, still get ripped to this day about it, ha

He's here!
29-02-2024, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we only get the upper 'tier' (no laughing at the back) next game at Tynecastle. Which quite frankly you couldn't argue with.

Utter morons.

Absolutely. We're talking about cutting the Celtic and Rangers allocations at ER due to them throwing flares, but the moron count among our support, particularly at Tynecastle, just seems to get higher. As you say, we'd deserve to have our allocation cut.

GreenCastle
29-02-2024, 10:27 AM

Throwing things is worse than Sectarianism?

Not sure about that statement - think Sectarianism is a bigger issue than a few bams chucking something onto grass.

snedzuk
29-02-2024, 10:27 AM
There's not able to control your emotions and theres folk taking ching openly in the toilets. It's that brazen now they aren't even waiting for cubicles.

See also ICT away a few weeks back.

.Sean.
29-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Block 7’s wee pals. Wonder how they got tickets eh

WeeRussell
29-02-2024, 10:34 AM
Personally would just make an official announcement that anyone caught throwing any sort of objects onto the field of play will be banned (for life?), going forward.

I’ve got carried away and very angry watching football over the years, I’ve never once felt compelled to throw things at anyone.

Most of it isn’t a heat of the moment thing either, objects showering on to Shankland (as likely to hit Marshall) minutes later as he’s lining up the penalty.

Absolute ****ing morons.

matty_f
29-02-2024, 10:51 AM
Block 7’s wee pals. Wonder how they got tickets eh

I saw on Twitter that they had got tickets from Hibs fans who gave up their tickets for them.

Obviously that's their prerogative but I think it's disappointing that, in a fixture where Hibs fans that want to go to the game can't get near a ticket, miss out for tourists. It's not really in the spirit of things.

wookie70
29-02-2024, 10:58 AM
Agree 100%. I can't not go as I don't want to miss something special (a la Millenium Derby) but the crowd trouble is completely out of control. I can manage getting there ridiculously early to avoid the "corteo" but watching missiles fly back and forth and hitting players is really putting me off going in the future, especially an evening kick off.

I couldn't see any of the near goal line or most of the goal for the full game as there were so many stood on the walkway. There really isn't any policing or stewarding happening in our end and it has emboldened the morons who game after game get worse. Personally I'd make all derby games noon KOs on a Sunday to at least give those with half a brain less time to lose what faculty they have with drinking and taking drugs. It is getting to the point where it would make more sense to have our end ticketed but not for specific seats. That way it would be easier to avoid the worse of it and hopefully even see more of the pitch.

Tiny trips were by far my favourite away trip for about 45 of my 50 years watching Hibs. Since this and the previous set of Ultras it has become my least favourite away trip and that is al down to the morons that support us who have essentially been given the green light to do what they want by the police and stewards. It would be great if there was an officer on here who could explain why they let so much criminal activity go and appear never to do anything even after the event. Our fans are the cause but the Police and Stewards are key enablers and they really need to up their game

Hiber-nation
29-02-2024, 11:00 AM

Not sure about that statement - think Sectarianism is a bigger issue than a few bams chucking something onto grass.

Really? You'd prefer to get a smoke bomb chucked at your head than be called a kafflik whatever?

Sectarianism is still Scotland's shame but how you can equate it with halfwits who throw smoke bombs at ballboys I have no idea.

Diclonius
29-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Anyone coming out with whataboutery ***** on this thread - you're part of the problem. Go support Celtic.

Itsnoteasy
29-02-2024, 11:01 AM

Your obviously concentrating on it as well as you are responding.

Hibrandenburg
29-02-2024, 11:10 AM
Personally would just make an official announcement that anyone caught throwing any sort of objects onto the field of play will be banned (for life?), going forward.

I’ve got carried away and very angry watching football over the years, I’ve never once felt compelled to throw things at anyone.

Most of it isn’t a heat of the moment thing either, objects showering on to Shankland (as likely to hit Marshall) minutes later as he’s lining up the penalty.

Absolute ****ing morons.

I'd go further than that. If Hibs incur costs due to fines, extra security or having to close off sections of the ground, then they should pursue these ****ers through the courts and get them to pay damages.

Logie Green
29-02-2024, 11:22 AM
I couldn't see any of the near goal line or most of the goal for the full game as there were so many stood on the walkway. There really isn't any policing or stewarding happening in our end and it has emboldened the morons who game after game get worse. Personally I'd make all derby games noon KOs on a Sunday to at least give those with half a brain less time to lose what faculty they have with drinking and taking drugs. It is getting to the point where it would make more sense to have our end ticketed but not for specific seats. That way it would be easier to avoid the worse of it and hopefully even see more of the pitch.

Tiny trips were by far my favourite away trip for about 45 of my 50 years watching Hibs. Since this and the previous set of Ultras it has become my least favourite away trip and that is al down to the morons that support us who have essentially been given the green light to do what they want by the police and stewards. It would be great if there was an officer on here who could explain why they let so much criminal activity go and appear never to do anything even after the event. Our fans are the cause but the Police and Stewards are key enablers and they really need to up their game

I couldn’t see the goals at the last game at Tynecastle due to people standing on the walkway. I spoke to a police officer at half time who told me that it is the responsibility of the stewards to deal with it but as they had ‘lost control’ pre match it was up to them to sort it out.

His view was that putting police into the walkway or seated areas meant that they wouldn’t have enough officers to deal with incidents elsewhere. The police did try to move some folk last night but once they went away the walkway filled up again.

It is becoming a chore being among elements of our ‘support’ at away games but those that appear for games at Tynecastle make it the worst away fixture of the season. It’s like being at an audition for Shameless.

CentreLine
29-02-2024, 11:41 AM

Sectarianism is definitely a much bigger societal issue. No question and leads to much worse crimes.
However, you have to acknowledge, these people were not tossing things on the grass. These objects were being thrown at human beings and that is assault. The more serious implications come for our club. They have made and wish to continue making, representation to SPFL and SFA about the unacceptable, sectarian behaviour of the two large Glasgow teams’ support. In this world of whataboutery what chance do the club have of success?

There is simply no excuse for the behaviour of a section of our support last night. Let’s deal with what’s infront of us and stop trying to deflect.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 11:46 AM

What's this about?

Itsnoteasy
29-02-2024, 11:47 AM

And how is that? Surely most folk would be working ɓefore the game. There's more time to get p1sh3d before a 3pm Saturday k.o as not many folk work on Saturday.

Carheenlea
29-02-2024, 11:48 AM
It’s another good or example for the promotion of Loyalty Points.

Someone made a good point recently that while yes, there is the usual sectarian chanting and pyrotechnics, the behaviour of Old Firm travelling fans tends not to be too bad on a behavioural level, as you need to be well up the list with points to access away tickets with being the most regular fans, then losing any rights they have or ticket access isn’t something that the most dedicated supporters are keen for.

To put it simply, fill Tynecastle with the most dedicated and regular travelling Hibs supporters and see the mindless acts dilute somewhat.

DickieDastardly
29-02-2024, 11:48 AM

Absolute ****ing morons.

Spot on comment.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 11:52 AM
I saw on Twitter that they had got tickets from Hibs fans who gave up their tickets for them.

Obviously that's their prerogative but I think it's disappointing that, in a fixture where Hibs fans that want to go to the game can't get near a ticket, miss out for tourists. It's not really in the spirit of things.

That is awful given how difficult tickets are to come by and loyal Hibs fans miss out.

erin go bragh
29-02-2024, 12:33 PM

Shankland smashing his penalty into the top corner and then picks up the pie and starts eating it 😜🤣🤣🤣🤣
And a Hibs supporter laughs at this 😳
maybe on the wrong forum
But anyone who throws things on the pitch should be sin died.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-02-2024, 01:50 PM
I couldn’t see the goals at the last game at Tynecastle due to people standing on the walkway. I spoke to a police officer at half time who told me that it is the responsibility of the stewards to deal with it but as they had ‘lost control’ pre match it was up to them to sort it out.

His view was that putting police into the walkway or seated areas meant that they wouldn’t have enough officers to deal with incidents elsewhere. The police did try to move some folk last night but once they went away the walkway filled up again.

It is becoming a chore being among elements of our ‘support’ at away games but those that appear for games at Tynecastle make it the worst away fixture of the season. It’s like being at an audition for Shameless.

Most people were standing in walkways, stairways as they couldn't get to their seats through a combination of the idiotic seat numbering which makes finding correct seat a challenge, stewards unable to direct, other people in wrong seats, for a combination of not knowing where seat is, or not caring, a complete lack of control. Add in the dangerous state of the stadium - three people managing to find enough space to fall down the aisle next to us, almost no police in the stadium (but unecessary convoys of vans etc outside beforehand), it's an accident waiting to happen. We watched first half in the aisle, only getting to our seats at half time, of course on their return, there were a couple of disgruntled individuals now unhappy at the space they had in first half not being there for second! No wonder when there's such a break down of any control that morons think they can get away with anything - has anyone mention the guy in the ridiculous jacket who appeared on the park, What was that all about? With regard to the missiles, payers should really be leaving the pitch in my opinion when subjected to what went on last night, nobody doing their job should be subjected to that and be expected to carry on as though its not happening. Predictably the usual scapegoats are being blamed on here, but the worst of the throwing seemed to be from the area I was in directly behind goal and involved people of all ages, whilst the younger Ultras crowd were further to left.

Se7enUp
29-02-2024, 01:51 PM
Absolutely. We're talking about cutting the Celtic and Rangers allocations at ER due to them throwing flares, but the moron count among our support, particularly at Tynecastle, just seems to get higher. As you say, we'd deserve to have our allocation cut.

Our allocation is already cut; we dont get the full stand. Let's start cutting their allocation, their headbanging are no better than ours

percy veer
29-02-2024, 02:28 PM
I don't like players getting hit with objects and I don't like players getting hit by fans once we hear about the cabraja assault I'm sure the other fans will identified and dealt with equally

Jones28
29-02-2024, 02:42 PM
Our allocation is already cut; we dont get the full stand. Let's start cutting their allocation, their headbanging are no better than ours

And then it becomes some tit for tat, old firm esque bun fight that results in cutting and cutting until theres no away fans?

No thanks.

As much as I hate them derbies would not be the same without fans of both clubs able to create an atmosphere in decent numbers.

CapitalGreen
29-02-2024, 02:47 PM

Yes, Sectarianism at football is essentially just playground name calling. Not nice but ultimately harmless in the context of a football stadium.

In terms of missles, Shankland got hit very close to his eye yesterday by a projectile while pyrotechnics were launched into the Hearts main stand where children were situated. Both incidents had the potential to cause much greater harm than a few hurty words that we’ve all heard countless times.

LunasBoots
29-02-2024, 03:00 PM
And then it becomes some tit for tat, old firm esque bun fight that results in cutting and cutting until theres no away fans?

No thanks.

As much as I hate them derbies would not be the same without fans of both clubs able to create an atmosphere in decent numbers.

Exactly, Hearts won't cut our allocation has it would just be responded in the same way at ER. Prosecuting and banning offenders to send a message it's not acceptable is what needs done.

basehibby
29-02-2024, 03:09 PM

I think he actually caught it out of mid air before scoffing it. Jambo barsteward or not I thought that to be a very cool and highly amusing reaction.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2024, 03:10 PM
You know what I would do, and this wont be popular at all. I would do what Cardiff and Swansea do when they play each other. Make fans turn up to ER at say 5pm. Only then are you handed your ticket once you've been searched and shown relative ID and then you're put on a waiting coach and bussed straight to the ground with no opportunity to get reeking before it. You're then funnelled straight into the ground.

Unpopular yes. Will it stop trouble? More than likely.

It will never happen though.

We don't want the derby going the way of the OF with no away fans so all this trouble has to stop.

Kato
29-02-2024, 03:13 PM
I think he actually caught it out of mid air before scoffing it. Jambo barsteward or not I thought that to be a very cool and highly amusing reaction.Catching a strangers pie and eating it will never be cool.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

basehibby
29-02-2024, 03:19 PM
Should be ashamed that they missed that heid.

But seriously, why even think about it. Bams will be bams I suppose

Sniper's dream lols

greenlex
29-02-2024, 03:24 PM
I think he actually caught it out of mid air before scoffing it. Jambo barsteward or not I thought that to be a very cool and highly amusing reaction.
He did. It was quite amusing. Not sure it’s cool tho.
The idiots throwing things last night was downright embarrassing.

Itsnoteasy
29-02-2024, 03:33 PM
You know what I would do, and this wont be popular at all. I would do what Cardiff and Swansea do when they play each other. Make fans turn up to ER at say 5pm. Only then are you handed your ticket once you've been searched and shown relative ID and then you're put on a waiting coach and bussed straight to the ground with no opportunity to get reeking before it. You're then funnelled straight into the ground.

Unpopular yes. Will it stop trouble? More than likely.

It will never happen though.

We don't want the derby going the way of the OF with no away fans so all this trouble has to stop.

Another ridiculous idea. Swansea to Cardiff 45 miles. Easter Road to Tynie 4 miles.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2024, 03:34 PM
Another ridiculous idea. Swansea to Cardiff 45 miles. Easter Road to Tynie 4 miles.

Whats distance got to do with it? Its about stopping the trouble no?

basehibby
29-02-2024, 03:48 PM
He did. It was quite amusing. Not sure it’s cool tho.
The idiots throwing things last night was downright embarrassing.

Cool or not it was a demonstration of calm and self control to put the utter apoplectic ring-pieces throwing things to shame.

Chucking stuff on the pitch or at opposing fans should be an automatic banning offence with reports sent to the procurator fiscal. It's pathetic, unsporting and dangerous - and brings our club into disrepute. No excuses for anyone - home or away - get them tae ****!

B.H.F.C
29-02-2024, 04:02 PM
The number of things thrown last night was far worse than I’ve seen there before. It just makes us look a bit **** and it’s actually a pain in the arse in terms of delaying the game etc.

Sparrows tongue
29-02-2024, 04:15 PM

Great logic. :aok:

Because you'd never get trouble in either Madrid or Barcelona at El Classico, or at Anfield or Old Trafford when Liverpool play Manchester United because it's too far to travel.

WeeRussell
29-02-2024, 04:27 PM

I don’t agree with HC at all on this being the solution, but why does our stadium being closer to tynecastle make it ridiculous? If anything it would be easier and quicker to operate..

wookie70
29-02-2024, 04:45 PM
The solution is give out lengthy/lifetime bans for anyone caught and actually police the game properly. I see lots of incident that should be worthy of arrest every time I am at Tiny. The Police must be the same but they stand and watch. All it needs is for them to start doing their job and it would calm down pretty quickly. I see someone on twitter was caught with pyro and is expecting a ban possibly life after a day at court. That was outside the ground where the Police do seem to do the odd search. Glad at least one idiot will get a ban and hopefully many more are caught, prosecuted and banned.

Joe6-2
29-02-2024, 05:19 PM
I’m angry with these idiots, especially as it’s all Sky wanted to discuss, we don’t get much coverage on there as it is, I wanted the ‘penalty’ discussed but nothing apart from these clowns.
Its all Monty had to say too

CentreLine
29-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Exactly, Hearts won't cut our allocation has it would just be responded in the same way at ER. Prosecuting and banning offenders to send a message it's not acceptable is what needs done.

I wouldn’t be so certain. Why should Hibs reciprocate? This was a significant portion of our fans behaving in a criminal and unacceptable manner, endangering players of both sides. Hearts would be fully justified cutting our allocation or banning our fans. Whataboutery only becomes relevant if their fans behave as badly at the next ER derby. I hope they don’t go down that route but the safety of their employees at work has to be considered.

brydekirk
29-02-2024, 05:54 PM
Hearts talking about cutting ticket allocation after missiles being thrown.

Chorley Hibee
29-02-2024, 05:57 PM
I wouldn’t be so certain. Why should Hibs reciprocate? This was a significant portion of our fans behaving in a criminal and unacceptable manner, endangering players of both sides. Hearts would be fully justified cutting our allocation or banning our fans. Whataboutery only becomes relevant if their fans behave as badly at the next ER derby. I hope they don’t go down that route but the safety of their employees at work has to be considered.

The actions of quite a few of our fans was a disgrace last night, but let's not make out the same thing hasn't been going on in their end for quite a while now as well.

Any update on the assault on Cabraja yet?

Did anyone see the amount of broken seats in the away end after the last derby at ER?

It probably requires a joint statement from both clubs on the matter and one that states what the implications of this continued behaviour will be.

For me, it's the police that have brought this on by their refusal to deal with almost anything within the stadium. It's given the idiots, from clubs the length and breadth of the country, free rein to go about their ****my ways with little repercussions.

Leaving it to stewards is a disgrace and they should be ashamed of themselves.

WeeRussell
29-02-2024, 06:00 PM
I’m angry with these idiots, especially as it’s all Sky wanted to discuss, we don’t get much coverage on there as it is, I wanted the ‘penalty’ discussed but nothing apart from these clowns.
Its all Monty had to say too

Presumably Reporting Scotland felt the first challenge before the penalty looked more of a realistic shout as they chose to only show that one before focussing on the missiles and Shankland converting.

PatHead
29-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Hibs should issue a statement condemning the actions of those supporters and banning any who are caught on film.

B.H.F.C
29-02-2024, 06:04 PM
The actions of quite a few of our fans was a disgrace last night, but let's not make out the same thing hasn't been going on in their end for quite a while now as well.

Did anyone see the amount of broken seats in the away end after the last derby at ER?

It probably requires a joint statement from both clubs on the matter and one that states what the implications of this continued behaviour will be.

This. It’s not about saying ‘they’re worse than us’ or anything like that. There’s just quite a sizeable number of folk on both sides who find it difficult to behave themselves though.

Even last night, you can condemn the throwing of all the missiles from our end but still observe Marcondes getting stuff launched at him and their wee dafties scrapping with the police and stewards down in the corner.

If they cut us, we’d cut them. I hope it doesn’t get to that stage. Last night was the worst I can remember from our end though.

wookie70
29-02-2024, 06:25 PM
This. It’s not about saying ‘they’re worse than us’ or anything like that. There’s just quite a sizeable number of folk on both sides who find it difficult to behave themselves though.

Even last night, you can condemn the throwing of all the missiles from our end but still observe Marcondes getting stuff launched at him and their wee dafties scrapping with the police and stewards down in the corner.

If they cut us, we’d cut them. I hope it doesn’t get to that stage. Last night was the worst I can remember from our end though. I agree with that up to a point as any missiles is a problem. However I have never seen any away support at ER throw as much as last night and I sit pretty close to the away end in the West upper. There will always be the odd half with but we are way beyond that and on a worsening trajectory

LunasBoots
29-02-2024, 06:26 PM

Yup, to many people on the sauce and what ever else for most of the day, we see this to often specifically in later in the day games, just seen a picture of what was chucked at shankland and it looks like a corkscrew, can't really blame them if that's what's been chucked.

Ronniekirk
29-02-2024, 06:29 PM
Hearts manager on tv tonight saying it’s that type of behaviour that will get Hibs Ticket Allocation Cut

B.H.F.C
29-02-2024, 06:31 PM
I agree with that up to a point as any missiles is a problem. However I have never seen any away support at ER throw as much as last night and I sit pretty close to the away end in the West upper. There will always be the odd half with but we are way beyond that and on a worsening trajectory

Agree with that. Was as bad as I’ve seen.

Malthibby
29-02-2024, 06:37 PM
Worst I've ever seen from our end, absolutely ridiculous and some of the stuff nearly hit our own players. As for the halfwit who nearly hit the ballboy with a smoke bomb, wow.

It's pathetic & in the case of the smoke bomb potentially dangerous.
It's also not clever; all the thicky who threw the pie did was give Shankland a photo opportunity take the pxsh. Well done.

Itsnoteasy
29-02-2024, 06:49 PM

I stay 5 mins fi Tynie. I'll just travel on a bus all the way to Easter Road to be brought back on another bus to then be herded into Tynie. Let's just add more pollution to the already polluted city.
Also whose going to pay for all the coaches that will be making its way across the city.

Itsnoteasy
29-02-2024, 06:51 PM
It's pathetic & in the case of the smoke bomb potentially dangerous.
It's also not clever; all the thicky who threw the pie did was give Shankland a photo opportunity take the pxsh. Well done.

Spot on & Shankland already taking the pi$$.

Pie 1/10 to spicy
Airpods expensive missile
Penalty top bins 🤬

BoomtownHibees
29-02-2024, 06:55 PM
I stay 5 mins fi Tynie. I'll just travel on a bus all the way to Easter Road to be brought back on another bus to then be herded into Tynie. Let's just add more pollution to the already polluted city.

That’s what they done at the recent Sunderland v Newcastle game. Newcastle fans who live in Sunderland had to travel in to Newcastle to then get on a bus to Sunderland

Kato
29-02-2024, 07:03 PM
Presumably Reporting Scotland felt the first challenge before the penalty looked more of a realistic shout as they chose to only show that one before focussing on the missiles and Shankland converting.Shoulder to shoulder isn't foul play.

Sioux
29-02-2024, 07:04 PM

You want 60 buses from ER to Tynie, through through the city centre?

Where do you think there's space for 60 buses to drop off? Who's going to pay for the hire of buses, which might be £200 a pop?

Really??

Donegal Hibby
29-02-2024, 07:20 PM
It was absolutely awful what happened last night and very embarrassing that the clubs good name is getting tarnished by these people , they aren't genuine fans imo that care about the club , they are out to cause trouble and don't give a damn about what is the consequences for the club either . Between the flare landing near the young lad , the corkscrew and other stuff thrown at Shankland it's only a matter of time before somebody's seriously injured . It has to STOP and the only way that can happen is the club ban them , clubs better of without them imo anyhow.

WeeRussell
29-02-2024, 07:41 PM
Shoulder to shoulder isn't foul play.

Oh don’t get me wrong, Kato. Neither of them were close to being penalties.

My point was about RS choosing to show the run-up to the incident without actually showing the alleged offence itself, which is strange..

CentreLine
29-02-2024, 07:43 PM

For me, it's the police that have brought this on by their refusal to deal with almost anything within the stadium. It's given the idiots, from clubs the length and breadth of the country, free reign to go about their ****my ways with little repercussions.

Leaving it to stewards is a disgrace and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I completely agree about the diminishing police presence and lack of intervention. It’s shockingly poor and there will be a number of reasons for that. I’d imagine.

As I understand it, historically clubs were responsible for and had to pay for police presence only within the confines of the stadium. Policing outside of the stadium remained the responsibility of the police as if it were normal public policing. I guess that still the case?

The police, and other local authority organisations have an input for issue of safety certificates based on their various areas of responsibility. But these areas each has a cost consideration and you have to think policing was the largest of these costs. Against a background of financial restraints on the clubs, a number of years ago, maybe as much as 25/30 years or more, the “category” system was introduced that allow clubs to reduce the huge cost of policing for certain, less contentious, matches. The category system was introduced.
The expensive games, category A games, remained Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts. Plus European matches. That was also when a proportion of the crowd control was offset against the introduction of stewards. In some very low risk games we could see there was almost no police to be seen but stewards were prominent, supported by the police presence. The police were not slow to back up stewards or to step in completely when needed in category B and C games. Category A games seemed to be prominently police.

It seems to me the balance of that arrangement has tilted too far towards stewarding. We rarely see the police intervening any more. It looks like a recipe for disaster to me too. You may have hit the nail firmly on the head that fans and supporters have been given an inch and taken a mile. But clubs may simply but be able to afford higher policing costs.

No idea where the blame lies but surely it’s time all of these authorities got together and put in place effective controls before someone gets badly hurt.

Alfred E Newman
29-02-2024, 07:44 PM
It was absolutely awful what happened last night and very embarrassing that the clubs good name is getting tarnished by these people , they aren't genuine fans imo that care about the club , they are out to cause trouble and don't give a damn about what is the consequences for the club either . Between the flare landing near the young lad , the corkscrew and other stuff thrown at Shankland it's only a matter of time before somebody's seriously injured . It has to STOP and the only way that can happen is the club ban them , clubs better of without them imo anyhow.

Completely agree. The club should work with Hearts to identify as many of the culprits as they can and make sure they are banned indefinitely. There were many good fans who support the club week in week out that couldn’t get tickets last night and I would wager most of those responsible for the missile throwing were the usual air heads that always seem to appear at these games.

Kato
29-02-2024, 07:46 PM
Oh don’t get me wrong, Kato. Neither of them were close to being penalties.

My point was about RS choosing to show the run-up to the incident without actually showing the alleged offence itself, which is strange..[emoji106]

LewysGot2
29-02-2024, 08:20 PM
That is awful given how difficult tickets are to come by and loyal Hibs fans miss out.

It’s no different any other derby. Just usually it’s not so obvious as giving day trippers from overseas a ticket…seriously Block 7 keep outdoing themselves. Tone deaf entitlement.

matty_f
29-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Hearts manager on tv tonight saying it’s that type of behaviour that will get Hibs Ticket Allocation Cut

To be honest, I’m not sure we’ve got a leg to stand on if they choose to do that. There’s no moral high ground for us to take with it, Hibs need to be all over it and set the example so when it happens with other teams, which it will, we can say we’ve dealt with our fans so they need to deal with theirs

matty_f
29-02-2024, 09:23 PM
It's about time Block 7 were suspended indefinitely from Easter Road and in all Hibs away allocations until they learn how to behave themselves.

From what I’ve been told, the missiles were coming from further back than where the Block 7 guys were, so I’m not sure they’re to blame here.

marinello59
29-02-2024, 09:25 PM
From what I’ve been told, the missiles were coming from further back than where the Block 7 guys were, so I’m not sure they’re to blame here.

They definitely had nothing to do with throwing missiles.

B.H.F.C
29-02-2024, 09:27 PM

There was missiles flying from all over the place. Certainly not something that can simply be levelled at Block 7.

marinello59
29-02-2024, 09:28 PM
There was missiles flying from all over the place. Certainly not something that can simply be levelled at Block 7.

It can’t be levelled at them at all, they took no part in it.

Sparrows tongue
29-02-2024, 09:33 PM
Missiles last night, or not, these wee hoods need to be told to behave themselves.

I say ‘hoods’ not because they’re hard wee boys, but because they all wear their hoods.

chrisski33
29-02-2024, 09:35 PM

Maybe they spread themselves out to try not get blamed?

matty_f
29-02-2024, 09:37 PM

:aok: good to have that confirmed.

Hibernian Verse
29-02-2024, 09:39 PM
There were missiles being thrown from the “upper” (I use the term loosely) tier, just bams being bams. Plenty cans being thrown on the famous walk to the ground and fireworks aimed at flats.

marinello59
29-02-2024, 09:41 PM
Maybe they spread themselves out to try not get blamed?

Nope. They were all down at the front of Block L.

Hiber-nation
29-02-2024, 09:49 PM
Nope. They were all down at the front of Block L.

I was near the back of block M and most of the missiles were coming from behind them and to the right of them, from both the lower and near the front of the upper tier.

B.H.F.C
29-02-2024, 09:54 PM

I couldn’t honestly say if anything came from their area or not, I don’t think any of us could. There was stuff coming from all angles, not just at the penalty. I’ve never been their biggest fan but I certainly wouldn’t be blaming them for it last night.

marinello59
29-02-2024, 10:03 PM
I couldn’t honestly say if anything came from their area or not, I don’t think any of us could. There was stuff coming from all angles, not just at the penalty. I’ve never been their biggest fan but I certainly wouldn’t be blaming them for it last night.

Aye, it’s difficult to tell at the best of times.
However this was one of those rare situations where, given where I was standing in relation to Block 7, I am 100% sure they were not involved in the chucking off stuff on to the pitch. And I’m not one of their biggest fans either.

I'm Spartacus
29-02-2024, 11:10 PM
Catching a strangers pie and eating it will never be cool.

You've never eaten a strangers pie? :wink:

Few notes from me.

Great atmosphere pre-match and at the game, brilliant at times.
The stuff on the pitch was a ****ing disgrace - deserving of a fine.
It was Ket the kids were taking in the bogs.
The Mercer song has to stop, if that was a Ron Gordon song we'd be jumping the barriers and wading in.
How the did the French ***** get tickets? Yet I know plenty fans who didn't stand a chance.

Kids - cut out the utterly ***** behaviour and support the club, you are ruining an unreal opportunity.

joe breezy
01-03-2024, 03:16 AM

If a Hibs fan wants to give a ticket to someone that’s made the club fort to come from Marseille then good for them

Hermit Crab
01-03-2024, 05:35 AM
I think a particular problem at Tynie is the amount of non ST holders that get their hands on tickets. They have nothing to lose if they behave badly. Can’t exactly have their Sts taken off them and even if they get banned someone will still buy them a ticket.

I honestly think the way forward is a ticket collection on the day of the game from a random place in Edinburgh, like a hotel or something and you only get your ticket if you have suitable ID and your ST with you. It won’t stop trouble completely but it would certainly help.

I did suggest fans being bussed from ER to the game but that wasn’t popular

jakeshibs
01-03-2024, 05:57 AM

Totally agree, we complain about the ugly sister then act like idiots throwing missiles at apposing players, would not be surprised to see a hefty fine and a decrease in our allocation, so a severe own goal that impacts us all.

we can not talk about Hibs class when we act like that.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2024, 06:57 AM
Totally agree, we complain about the ugly sister then act like idiots throwing missiles at apposing players, would not be surprised to see a hefty fine and a decrease in our allocation, so a severe own goal that impacts us all.

we can not talk about Hibs class when we act like that.

We won't be fined.

One Day Soon
01-03-2024, 07:16 AM
It’s weird, Scottish football crowds are treated with contempt but some also get away with behaving like animals. From sectarianism to flares to projectile throwing there’s no serious intent to stamp it out.

CentreLine
01-03-2024, 07:37 AM
It’s weird, Scottish football crowds are treated with contempt but some also get away with behaving like animals. From sectarianism to flares to projectile throwing there’s no serious intent to stamp it out.

This was discussed at the club AGM. I am paraphrasing here but Ben K said he, on behalf of the club, has raised this a number of times with the SPFL and found Hibs, along with the majority of clubs, are not listened to. We will keep banging on the door until we are heard but it was clear Hibs are not ignoring these problems.
What a portion of our supporters did at tynecastle the other night can only have pulled the rug from under our own club’s efforts to make change. They have probably set us back decades.

matty_f
01-03-2024, 07:47 AM
If a Hibs fan wants to give a ticket to someone that’s made the club fort to come from Marseille then good for them

Like i said, it’s their prerogative. The issue is that these tickets are meant to go to folk on the database, as much for security reasons as to ensure that as many Hibs fans get to go as possible. It’s the highest demand fixture for Hibs fans and the one where most people who go regularly to games miss out.

Buying tickets en mass for folk who clearly aren’t Hibees just feels, to me, a bit off - but at the same time, they bought the tickets, it’s up to them what they do with it. I’m not losing sleep over it.

Greensunshine
01-03-2024, 08:33 AM
I’ve been going to the football for 40 years, I’ll admit to singing daft sectarian songs back in the eighties from the old east but I can honestly say I’ve never thrown anything onto the pitch.

The people doing this need to be singled out and banned. The technology is there to do it.

To start cutting allocations isn’t a good idea.
You only need to look at what it’s done for the OF derby, it’s much less of a spectacle now than it once was.

Punish the culprits and not the majority of law abiding football supporters please!

Surely common sense will prevail.

LaMotta
01-03-2024, 08:37 AM
You've never eaten a strangers pie? :wink:

Few notes from me.

Great atmosphere pre-match and at the game, brilliant at times.
The stuff on the pitch was a ****ing disgrace - deserving of a fine.
It was Ket the kids were taking in the bogs.
The Mercer song has to stop, if that was a Ron Gordon song we'd be jumping the barriers and wading in.
How the did the French ***** get tickets? Yet I know plenty fans who didn't stand a chance.

Kids - cut out the utterly ***** behaviour and support the club, you are ruining an unreal opportunity.

Couple of things - Ron Gordon was an allround good guy who didnt try to obliterate his city rivals from the face of the earth. I'm not fond of the Mercer song(s) but there are reasons for them. If Hearts fans sung about Gordon it would he very different.

Also, It wasnt just kids throwing things - I watched a bald guy in his fifties few rows in front of me for example chucking something from his pocket.

Since90+2
01-03-2024, 08:40 AM
I’ve been going to the football for 40 years, I’ll admit to singing daft sectarian songs back in the eighties from the old east but I can honestly say I’ve never thrown anything onto the pitch.

The people doing this need to be singled out and banned. The technology is there to do it.

To start cutting allocations isn’t a good idea.
You only need to look at what it’s done for the OF derby, it’s much less of a spectacle now than it once was.

Punish the culprits and not the majority of law abiding football supporters please!

Surely common sense will prevail.

Totally agree, these suggestions of cutting allocation and bussing fans to games ect will absolutely dampen the spectacle of the derby. No need for either.

JimBHibees
01-03-2024, 08:48 AM
Like i said, it’s their prerogative. The issue is that these tickets are meant to go to folk on the database, as much for security reasons as to ensure that as many Hibs fans get to go as possible. It’s the highest demand fixture for Hibs fans and the one where most people who go regularly to games miss out.

Buying tickets en mass for folk who clearly aren’t Hibees just feels, to me, a bit off - but at the same time, they bought the tickets, it’s up to them what they do with it. I’m not losing sleep over it.

Definitely off they should go to Hibs fans everyone knows that.

Carheenlea
01-03-2024, 08:58 AM
I must say that Shankland has gone up in my estimations and have a bit more respect for him now than I had previously for the way he conducted himself through the penalty sideshow.

He could have made a big song and dance and over what was admittedly a barrage of missiles, but lapped it up and seemed to enjoy the volatile moments and even laughed as the corkscrew whizzed past.

Kind of reminded me of the way Riordan used to embrace the more unsavoury elements of a derby day atmosphere.

Greensunshine
01-03-2024, 09:00 AM
Couple of things - Ron Gordon was an allround good guy who didnt try to obliterate his city rivals from the face of the earth. I'm not fond of the Mercer song(s) but there are reasons for them. If Hearts fans sung about Gordon it would he very different.

Also, It wasnt just kids throwing things - I watched a bald guy in his fifties few rows in front of me for example chucking something from his pocket.

The Mercer song is disgusting. I was around when all that stuff was kicking off back in the day ( hands off Hibs ) and believe me I like every other Hibee wanted a hit man to take him out to stop him trying to kill our club.

I’ve since grown up and I’ve come to realise that I don’t hate anyone, I don’t want anyone taken out by a hit man. lol
I refuse to lower my standards by singing such songs.

We can’t be taking the moral high ground when it comes to the ugly sisters and then on the other hand sing disgusting songs ourselves and throwing objects at footballers.

It’s hypocrisy of the highest order! It needs to stop.

Diclonius
01-03-2024, 09:01 AM

Fair enough, I've deleted my post.

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 09:06 AM
To be honest, I’m not sure we’ve got a leg to stand on if they choose to do that. There’s no moral high ground for us to take with it, Hibs need to be all over it and set the example so when it happens with other teams, which it will, we can say we’ve dealt with our fans so they need to deal with theirs

They've already cut our allocation by cropping tge seats available in the wings; they get nearly 4000, we get just over 3000.

Hearts fans are nowhere near angelic. Their nutters are as bad as ours. There has been plenty ***** from them at ER. Opposition teams, like the huns, virtually say a big support gives them a major boost. Let's cut Hearts down to 3k, like for like, and then chip away from that as and when they start on us.

Scottie
01-03-2024, 09:21 AM
They've already cut our allocation by cropping tge seats available in the wings; they get nearly 4000, we get just over 3000.

Hearts fans are nowhere near angelic. Their nutters are as bad as ours. There has been plenty ***** from them at ER. Opposition teams, like the huns, virtually say a big support gives them a major boost. Let's cut Hearts down to 3k, like for like, and then chip away from that as and when they start on us.
Thats because their ground holds less than ours :greengrin

On a side note what possess's anyone inside a football stadium to throw anything onto a football pitch ? Absolutely pathetic. The actions of these idiots having taken away what the real issue on Wed night was which was the disgraceful decision to award them a penalty by Clancy. Thats what should have been spread across the media not our so called supporters throwing missiles.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2024, 09:49 AM

And if for example they decide to keep the lower section empty next time then thats a total of roughly 840 tickets wiped out too.

marinello59
01-03-2024, 09:58 AM

Let's not. We are better than the Old Firm. Derby matches should have a full away stand, it's part of what makes them so special.

CentreLine
01-03-2024, 09:59 AM
And if for example they decide to keep the lower section empty next time then thats a total of roughly 840 tickets wiped out too.

I hope they do. I hope that gets the message across to both sets of fans and we can then get back to normal. There is no justification in endangering other people, especially but not exclusively, at their work.

Yeh yeh, save me the whataboutery, it has to be dealt with and start somewhere. The dangerously stupid people amongst our support handed that initiative to hearts.

Carheenlea
01-03-2024, 10:03 AM
Hopefully the clubs can iron things out and the actions of a few won’t prevent the spectacle of full away stands at derbies in the future.

The Edinburgh derby is now the premier derby in Scotland, largely because we can enjoy scenes like this, and they enjoy similar to what we had to suffer at new year.

https://x.com/kdryburgh1905/status/1763312187899027817?s=46

CentreLine
01-03-2024, 10:07 AM
Hopefully the clubs can iron things out and the actions of a few won’t prevent the spectacle of full away stands at derbies in the future.

The Edinburgh derby is now the premier derby in Scotland, largely because we can enjoy scenes like this, and they enjoy similar to what we had to suffer at new year.

https://x.com/kdryburgh1905/status/1763312187899027817?s=46

Agreed. I think Hibs need to make it clear we will only take restrictive action if hearts fans cross the line in future, as they have in the past. The quicker the message gets across the quicker we get back to talking about football spectacle and not delinquent behaviour off the park.

Proper policing at games would help significantly rather than the woke stuff we see at present.

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 10:24 AM
Let's not. We are better than the Old Firm. Derby matches should have a full away stand, it's part of what makes them so special.

Personally, I'd rather not have a stand of the opposition celebrating our failure at ER. The atmosphere is only special, to me, when we're in the ascendancy in a game. I don't need a stand full of the opposition to goad to make it special.
Let them have tynecastle to themselves, and we'll have ER to ourselves, and then the talking points won't be about neds making am arse of themselves.

EGL2000
01-03-2024, 10:36 AM
Can't believe some people want to shut out away fans. This is one of the things that make this game special. Don't see why we want to go down the same route as the Glasgow uglies.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2024, 11:05 AM

is it just me that understood the French comment to be tongue in cheek - a suggestion based on the wine opener on the pitch and grew arms and legs.

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 11:15 AM
Can't believe some people want to shut out away fans. This is one of the things that make this game special. Don't see why we want to go down the same route as the Glasgow uglies.

I explained my reasons.

I don't see what's special about a stand of gloating away fans at WR, nor do I see the attraction of needing them there when Hibs are in front.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2024, 11:18 AM
Personally, I'd rather not have a stand of the opposition celebrating our failure at ER. The atmosphere is only special, to me, when we're in the ascendancy in a game. I don't need a stand full of the opposition to goad to make it special.
Let them have tynecastle to themselves, and we'll have ER to ourselves, and then the talking points won't be about neds making am arse of themselves.

Would you extend that to the supporters of all teams, just in case they have the opportunity to celebrate our failure?

Fuzzywuzzy
01-03-2024, 11:18 AM
is it just me that understood the French comment to be tongue in cheek - a suggestion based on the wine opener on the pitch and grew arms and legs.

Dunno, might be a foreign exchange going on. French ultras looking a lot cooler than ours even with ballys on

marinello59
01-03-2024, 11:26 AM

That was my original take on it as well. :greengrin

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 11:34 AM
Would you extend that to the supporters of all teams, just in case they have the opportunity to celebrate our failure?

It's just the bigot brothers and the tribute act that fill the stand. 1/3 of the stand would rein them in, and satisfy 'normal' clubs.

But, while we're on the badly behaved Hibs fans subject, a starting point for Hibs would be to start calling out the offensive, and illegal, songbooks. Let's start with the huns in the cup, and cutting g future allocations while it persists.

Frazerbob
01-03-2024, 11:36 AM

We don't get a full away stand....a stand that's already smaller than our away stand.

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 11:41 AM
We don't get a full away stand....a stand that's already smaller than our away stand.

We don't. We're perceived to be the problem and ends are trimmed, when it's their section N that are cretinous. But it's their ground. Let's do the same, trim the South ends at ER to improve our fans' behaviour?

gbhibby
01-03-2024, 11:44 AM
Throwing things onto the park and at opposition fans, damaging seats, sectarian songs is totally unacceptable end of. No matter who does it.

marinello59
01-03-2024, 11:45 AM

Splitting hairs there a wee bit , no? A few seats in the wings taken out there. I like the fact that our away stand is bigger as well. :greengrin

matty_f
01-03-2024, 11:45 AM

The comment might have been, mate, but there were a group of French Ultras in as well, from what I’ve heard.

marinello59
01-03-2024, 11:51 AM
The comment might have been, mate, but there were a group of French Ultras in as well, from what I’ve heard.

There was. I think Block 7 and the Marseille Ultras are running some sort of exchange scheme. :greengrin

Greensunshine
01-03-2024, 11:52 AM
I really can’t get my ahead around anyone who would want away allocations cut.

All you’re doing is helping to kill the game we all love. It’s bad enough we have VAR and referees who are clueless ruining things without adding to it.

Pick out the individuals involved and make examples of them.

Itsnoteasy
01-03-2024, 11:53 AM
It's just the bigot brothers and the tribute act that fill the stand. 1/3 of the stand would rein them in, and satisfy 'normal' clubs.

But, while we're on the badly behaved Hibs fans subject, a starting point for Hibs would be to start calling out the offensive, and illegal, songbooks. Let's start with the huns in the cup, and cutting g future allocations while it persists.

Let's stop all away fans at ER. Great idea, atmosphere would be like the lockdown ones. Oh and we can afford to lock out away fans... Dinnae think so.

.Sean.
01-03-2024, 12:01 PM
There was. I think Block 7 and the Marseille Ultras are running some sort of exchange scheme. :greengrin
I think they are. They’re pally

Skol
01-03-2024, 12:02 PM
There is no explanation that makes the throwing of missiles acceptable. Wednesday was the worst I have ever seen. If people want hibs to keep getting the away end then they need to refrain from unacceptable behaviour. If they continue to embarrass the club then we can have no complaint if our allocation is cut.

matty_f
01-03-2024, 12:04 PM
I really can’t get my ahead around anyone who would want away allocations cut.

All you’re doing is helping to kill the game we all love. It’s bad enough we have VAR and referees who are clueless ruining things without adding to it.

Pick out the individuals involved and make examples of them.

Exactly. As much as i don’t like them, a derby with no away fans is a brutal thought. It’s part of the jeopardy of the occasion.

Frazerbob
01-03-2024, 12:08 PM
Splitting hairs there a wee bit , no? A few seats in the wings taken out there. I like the fact that our away stand is bigger as well. :greengrin

Absolutely not splitting hairs. They block off a significant number of seats in each bottom corner, not just a few. Add in the other seats in the front row that don't get sold. Our stand is already around 500 seats bigger than theirs. I'd estimate we get around 7-800 less tickets than we give them.

Frazerbob
01-03-2024, 12:10 PM

That's nice. I remember my school had an pupil exchange with a school in La Rochelle.

wookie70
01-03-2024, 12:14 PM
Absolutely not splitting hairs. They block off a significant number of seats in each bottom corner, not just a few. Add in the other seats in the front row that don't get sold. Our stand is already around 500 seats bigger than theirs. I'd estimate we get around 7-800 less tickets than we give them. All those seats gone due to idiots in our support over the last 5 or so years

Frazerbob
01-03-2024, 12:18 PM
All those seats gone due to idiots in our support over the last 5 or so years

True however, for balance, their fans in the near corners are hardly wee angles. At ER, we blocked off seats in the home end for the same reason.

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Let's stop all away fans at ER. Great idea, atmosphere would be like the lockdown ones. Oh and we can afford to lock out away fans... Dinnae think so.

1/3 of the stand is all away fans?

JimBHibees
01-03-2024, 12:23 PM
True however, for balance, their fans in the near corners are hardly wee angles. At ER, we blocked off seats in the home end for the same reason.

Suppose also we did have a player assaulted the last game of last season.

Jones28
01-03-2024, 12:24 PM

A starting point for ALL clubs is to get their own house in order.

Whilst the two are not mutually exclusive, there's more physical danger being hit by an object than from hearing a song that we've heard thousands of times over and over again.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2024, 12:24 PM

So is that a yes or a no? :cb

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 12:51 PM
So is that a yes or a no? :cb

I suppose a 'no', because I'd tempered my reply to say 1/3 of the stand for all away fans.

wookie70
01-03-2024, 12:55 PM
True however, for balance, their fans in the near corners are hardly wee angles. At ER, we blocked off seats in the home end for the same reason. Perhaps not but if you react to a spotty wee idiot then that is so n you and those who throw missiles are basically working against Hibs and good supporters. For me you are of the same value to Hibs as one of their missile chucking morons. You are worth less than zero to a club imo

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 12:57 PM
A starting point for ALL clubs is to get their own house in order.

Whilst the two are not mutually exclusive, there's more physical danger being hit by an object than from hearing a song that we've heard thousands of times over and over again.

In the instant, yes, but there's an unbelievably high number of individuals assaulted, stabbed, murdered outside of the football situation, who have been attacked because of their perceived religious status. And a prime melting pot to allow those attitudes to fester? Football stadiums with fans baying for each others blood.

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 01:01 PM

Exactly. They trim our fan numbers to lessen trouble, and we, errr, cut back on our fans to try & achieve the same.

marinello59
01-03-2024, 01:06 PM

Given the scenes with their fans both during and at the end of the game on Wednesday I’d be shocked if they don’t block off seats in that bottom corner of their main stand. They should.

Se7enUp
01-03-2024, 01:10 PM
Given the scenes with their fans both during and at the end of the game on Wednesday I’d be shocked if they don’t block off seats in that bottom corner if their main stand. They should.

Their section N has been a problem for years, but they won't do anything about it. Budge, to her credit, tried to deal with bad behaviour at Tynecastle but absolutely got it in the neck. Now, that club's fans see themselves as a cut above, when they're anything but.

Jones28
01-03-2024, 01:19 PM
In the instant, yes, but there's an unbelievably high number of individuals assaulted, stabbed, murdered outside of the football situation, who have been attacked because of their perceived religious status. And a prime melting pot to allow those attitudes to fester? Football stadiums with fans baying for each others blood.

When was the last time a murder was attributed to sectarianism at a Scottish football game?

Just a wee smidgen melodramatic don't you think? This is 2024 afterall, and religion is something that is, for better or worse, becoming less and less relevant.

Just to be clear, I am NOT defending bigotry, I am saying that in 2024 we, Hibernian Football Club, have issues amongst our own fans and should be doing everything we can to prevent them from happening again before a player on the pitch gets injured because of the moronic behaviour of our supporters.