PDA

View Full Version : Clancy !!!

Scottie
28-02-2024, 09:15 PM
Discuss.

One of the worst refereeing decisions I’ve ever seen. Not incompetent but blatant cheating had a chance to correct his mistake with var but chose not to.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2024, 09:16 PM
Corrupt cheat.

VoltaireHibs
28-02-2024, 09:17 PM
Not sure it's corruption, just a typical Scottish referee, they all have an ego way bigger than any of the players. He just would not admit he'd got the initial call wrong.

GRA
28-02-2024, 09:18 PM
The fact VAR told him to go to the screen and he still stuck with the decision tells you all you need to know. Another 'honest' mistake 🙄

Trinity Hibee
28-02-2024, 09:18 PM
Fairly sure he is a jambo anyway but that was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen. Disgusting and we have to be calling that out. He needs demoted to the championship

GreenCastle
28-02-2024, 09:20 PM
He didn’t get on with Lennon and sent Hecky off too..

Just google his name and plenty dodgy decisons.

Greensunshine
28-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Definitely corrupt! A ****ing Hearts ******!

HH81
28-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Cheating muppet.

Swedish hibee
28-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Cheat.

Kato
28-02-2024, 09:22 PM
Not sure it's corruption, just a typical Scottish referee, they all have an ego way bigger than any of the players. He just would not admit he'd got the initial call wrong.When do the "wrong calls" go Hibs way?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Kato
28-02-2024, 09:23 PM
He didn’t get on with Lennon and sent Hecky off too..

Just google his name and plenty dodgy decisons.Was he the ref in the Falkirk play-off game at ER, 2016?

Mcbizz1998
28-02-2024, 09:25 PM
I’m not one for jumping to cheating accusations, I mainly think they are all just completely incompetent, but having seen the incident and found out he was actually sent to the screen by VAR and still didn’t overturn it - the only conclusion I can reach is the guy is a cheat.

If he somehow isn’t a cheat, he should really go and see a doctor because he clearly has some kind of cognitive impairment.

GreenCastle
28-02-2024, 09:26 PM
Was he the ref in the Falkirk play-off game at ER, 2016?

He sent off SJM and then the red card was over turned.

Been various threads on here about how bad he is..

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?320132-Kevin-Clancy-and-the-West-Stand-Side-Linesman

Tambo
28-02-2024, 09:29 PM
Feel cheated again, not for the first time this season.

Hibees1973
28-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Someone get his address.

Only joking:cb

CapitalGreen
28-02-2024, 09:31 PM

No

Carheenlea
It doesn’t really help that the VAR monitor is halfway up the Wheatfield stand. Obviously Clancy’s ego won’t allow him to accept an erroneous call, but being surrounded by braying maroon clad imbeciles while viewing reruns isn’t exactly a neutral space to be doing so.

Kato
NoFair enough. Must be thinking of the game Greencastle posted about above.

Crab apple
28-02-2024, 09:32 PM
I wonder if he is as bad in his day job as an Edinburgh based solicitor. Would you feel confident being represented by this clown.

BoltonHibee
28-02-2024, 09:35 PM
Not sure it's corruption, just a typical Scottish referee, they all have an ego way bigger than any of the players. He just would not admit he'd got the initial call wrong.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] not corrupt [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
28-02-2024, 09:36 PM
Don’t think he’s a jambo just a useless ref.

They are all as bad as each other - inconsistent- incompetent and zero accountability for poor performances.

Pretty Boy
28-02-2024, 09:37 PM
A cheat.

No qualified referee who was being honest could be told by another ref that there was a chance he had made an error and might want to look, watch the footage we all saw and then still award a penalty.

A mixture of corruption and extreme arrogance saw our faces essentially rubbed in it tonight. He knows he is immune to any repercussions. He'll be rewarded by getting another Premierhsip game and picking up his near £1000 at the weekend again. No consequences whatsoever.

Donegal Hibby
28-02-2024, 09:38 PM

Far to many decisions going against us to be anything else but corruption.

Mcbizz1998
28-02-2024, 09:41 PM
Don’t think he’s a jambo just a useless ref.

They are all as bad as each other - inconsistent- incompetent and zero accountability for poor performances.

Usually I would agree but how can you be sent to the monitor and presumably advised by VAR to overturn it, and decide not to!? I can’t imagine an intelligent person (solicitor apparently) could be that wrong when looking at the evidence in front of him. What other option are we left with? He went momentarily full Joe Biden and forgot the laws of football!?

LunasBoots
28-02-2024, 09:43 PM
These things even themselves out....

Just not for us.

ehf
28-02-2024, 09:44 PM
A cheat.

No qualified referee who was being honest could be told by another ref that there was a chance he had made an error and might want to look, watch the footage we all saw and then still award a penalty.

A mixture of corruption and extreme arrogance saw our faces essentially rubbed in it tonight. He knows he is immune to any repercussions. He'll be rewarded by getting another Premierhsip game and picking up his near £1000 at the weekend again. No consequences whatsoever.

:agree: No way was that a rational, impartial, objective decision. He has robbed us of two points, which will probably cost us a European place. File with Craig U N Thomson.

JimBHibees
28-02-2024, 09:48 PM

No Alan Muir was.

California-Hibs
28-02-2024, 09:49 PM
Cheat.

BlackSheep
28-02-2024, 09:49 PM

Nope that was Alan Muir

Kato
28-02-2024, 09:51 PM
Nope that was Alan Muir
No Alan Muir was.

Fair enough. It was some other cheating prick.

BlackSheep
28-02-2024, 09:52 PM
The audio from Scottish VAR needs to be made public with decisions such as these…. We have seen it regularly down south and it goes a long way to building trust with the supporters. By not doing it up here all they are doing is making these decisions seem corrupt from a superficial point of view, an explanation as to why the penalty was given would at least open up the discussion…. I suspect it isn’t made public is down to the fact that so many of our officials make huge errors regularly, thus showing they are not good enough.

matty_f
28-02-2024, 09:53 PM
My heart sank when i saw him walking out the tunnel tonight, you know what’s coming with him.

He knows he’s made a mistake but went with it anyway. Terrible, terrible decision.

Boyle got booked against Celtic for significantly more contact than that.

B.H.F.C
Cheat. It’s the only explanation.

The decisions and non decisions we’ve had in the last few weeks has been a joke.

wookie70
Like a few of them he is simply corrupt mixed with a massive slice of arrogance. At some point they will need to start looking at betting patterns for refereeing decisions when we are involved. Bear in mind they beat us at ER when Rocky was clearly fouled for their goal too. At least Montgomery was pretty strong about it in the interview so perhaps we have started to grow a pair after decades of simply bending over.

JimBHibees
28-02-2024, 09:54 PM
Fair enough. It was some other cheating prick.

Yep same horse different jockey

Kato
My heart sank when i saw him walking out the tunnel tonight, you know what’s coming with him.

He knows he’s made a mistake but went with it anyway. Terrible, terrible decision.

Boyle got booked against Celtic for significantly more contact than that.Which the pundits won't talk about.

Callum_62
The only person I've heard in the media say it was a penalty was Steven Naismith and even he didn't say it with any confidence

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Not In The Know
28-02-2024, 09:56 PM
It doesn’t really help that the VAR monitor is halfway up the Wheatfield stand. Obviously Clancy’s ego won’t allow him to accept an erroneous call, but being surrounded by braying maroon clad imbeciles while viewing reruns isn’t exactly a neutral space to be doing so.

This is a very serious point

DH1875
28-02-2024, 10:03 PM
Clown. Call it out.

GreenCastle
28-02-2024, 10:16 PM

Hibs should just put their monitor in the East Stand.

The rules should state the monitor is in between the dugouts in safe area.

Any other clubs have the monitor in such a dodgy position ?

Kato
28-02-2024, 10:19 PM
Hibs should just put their monitor in the East Stand.

The rules should state the monitor is in between the dugouts in safe area.

Any other clubs have the monitor in such a dodgy position ?Is there a dodgier position in Scottish football?

davym7062
28-02-2024, 10:48 PM
to be fare to VAR they did the job correctly, hey ref no danger is that a pen, the screen said *** the hibs

Partyraiser
28-02-2024, 11:12 PM
Cheating *******

hibeerealist
28-02-2024, 11:15 PM
I wonder if he is as bad in his day job as an Edinburgh based solicitor. Would you feel confident being represented by this clown.

Which firm?

LaMotta
28-02-2024, 11:19 PM
Which firm?

Shepherd & Wedderburn. Just moved into the new offices at Haymarket.

28-02-2024, 11:20 PM
Which firm?

Corrupt, Jambo, Feckyr and Fud.

Kato
28-02-2024, 11:23 PM
Which firm?An old firm.

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 11:29 PM
The only person I've heard in the media say it was a penalty was Steven Naismith and even he didn't say it with any confidence

… and he isn’t even in the media .. he’s their manager .. lol … but yeh, I get your point … even he was wriggling round the question, as you’d expect him to do I guess

plhibs
28-02-2024, 11:41 PM
I've never understood why they have been allowed to have the monitor over at that side of the field, i have not seen that at any other game.
They always have them near the tunnel area.

silverhibee
29-02-2024, 01:44 AM
A cheat.

In a nutshell, what we do about it though is the mystery, this has been going on for to long for it just to be crap referees when it comes to Hibs, right now all the refs just think Boyle is a diver and he hardly gets any of the decisions going his way, refs have made there mind up, if it’s Kyogo at celtc who likes a dive he gets a penalty.

We are being targeted by refs and it’s plain and simple, cheating.

TheGog
29-02-2024, 01:58 AM
We have been on the end of some shocking ref / VAR decisions since it’s come into Scottish football. I’ve got to admit though it’s a penalty. The games gone soft and 15/20 year ago that’s no given.

Unfortunately we are in the era of the modern game. If Fish wins the ball and clears him it’s not a pen. He’s not won the ball and missed it, followed through and made contact.

It’s a pen.

silverhibee
29-02-2024, 02:01 AM
We have been on the end of some shocking ref / VAR decisions since it’s come into Scottish football. I’ve got to admit though it’s a penalty. The games gone soft and 15/20 year ago that’s no given.

Unfortunately we are in the era of the modern game. If Fish wins the ball and clears him it’s not a pen. He’s not won the ball and missed it, followed through and made contact.

It’s a pen.

Never a penalty.

basehibby
29-02-2024, 02:42 AM

It’s a pen.

Fish has taken a touch in a tight situation and seen Forest late as he sets to clear - Forest gets to the ball first - Fish manages to avoid contact on Forest with his foot but can't avoid making contact hip to hip due to momentum. Fish is a big lad and Forest is light and it's enough to make Forest go down - so I can see why Clancy's awarded a penalty.

If it was Boyle of course, Clancy would have booked him for diving and the papers all would be calling him a cheat tomorrow.

cabbageandribs1875
29-02-2024, 03:08 AM
Fish has taken a touch in a tight situation and seen Forest late as he sets to clear - Forest gets to the ball first - Fish manages to avoid contact on Forest with his foot but can't avoid making contact hip to hip due to momentum. Fish is a big lad and Forest is light and it's enough to make Forest go down - so I can see why Clancy's awarded a penalty.

If it was Boyle of course, Clancy would have booked him for diving and the papers all would be calling him a cheat tomorrow.

it was Vargas, not the first time he was on his erky quite easily

poolman
29-02-2024, 03:21 AM
Obviously a guy who failed trying to be a footballer, now he's doubled up as an effing useless cheating bassa

Forza Fred
29-02-2024, 03:32 AM
I reckon he’s originally thought Fish had missed the ball and kicked the Jambo as I did, and pointed to the spot.

After being called to the VAR he’s thought ‘how do I get out of this one without being seen as a numpty’ and has chosen to award the penalty on account of Fish being airborne and making slight contact with the Jambo.

He can argue that, but if that is consistently applied then every corner that comes into the box must end in one of two ways ..either a penalty or a free kick to the defending team because of bodily contact.

TheGog
29-02-2024, 03:55 AM

Listen I do agree it’s very soft. I hate how the game is atm, it’s a contact sport and I wish we could go back to the days of this not being a pen.

But in the here and now, the current state of affairs the game is in that’s a penalty.

100% Boyle would be booked and lambasted for it!

I just feel this one isn’t is bad as the others we’ve had. What annoys me the most is it seems our phases of attack where incidents occur never get checked by VAR. perfect example being the Vente foul for the pen in the semi final. Wasn’t even checked. The next day THE Rangers have an almost identical scenario play out, the game comes to a halt as they check the suspected incident.

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2024, 04:43 AM
Listen I do agree it’s very soft. I hate how the game is atm, it’s a contact sport and I wish we could go back to the days of this not being a pen.

But in the here and now, the current state of affairs the game is in that’s a penalty.

I just feel this one isn’t is bad as the others we’ve had. What annoys me the most is it seems our phases of attack where incidents occur never get checked by VAR. perfect example being the Vente foul for the pen in the semi final. Wasn’t even checked. The next day THE Rangers have an almost identical scenario play out, the game comes to a halt as they check the suspected incident.

It's not a penalty in any state of the game. I've never seen one like it, ever, anywhere, at all. That's why var told the ref to look again. About 1 in every 500 decisions ends up not changing when that happens.

Waxy
29-02-2024, 05:12 AM
Shocker.
Clancy and his pals will be howling at this.
Add it to the collection of Griffiths free kick at ER.
The header two yards onside at the pbs.
Oli Shaws goal but not goal at the pbs.
The boy here kicked fishes back standing foot and flailed to the ground like he’d been hit by a sniper.
And Clancy is looking at this over and over

Since90+2
29-02-2024, 05:27 AM

It's not a penalty. I struggle to believe anyone can genuinely think that.

Gettin' Auld
29-02-2024, 05:28 AM
Vargas is a cheating, diving wee ****

Onion
29-02-2024, 05:30 AM

I agree. Scottish refs have had too much leeway and support over the years by the SFA / media to the point they feel bullet-proof. Their arrogance is off the scale, and no amount of VAR will fix this. All VAR does is highlights what we've know for years, and add to the frustration.

Either get rid of VAR or get rid of these egotistical refs who want to be the stars of the show.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:11 AM
I've never understood why they have been allowed to have the monitor over at that side of the field, i have not seen that at any other game.
They always have them near the tunnel area.

Makes no sense not to be between the technical areas. Absolutely ridiculous it is in the crowd basically.

Pretty Boy
29-02-2024, 06:12 AM

Yep.

Jimmy ****ing Sandison was even saying it's not a penalty.

Fish has made a mistake with his touch and lack of awareness but the minimal contact was initiated by Vargas who then threw himself to the ground. The VAR refs, to their credit, seemed able to see it wasn't a penalty.

I think both last night and the St Mirren decision on Tuesday highligh that VAR isn't really the issue. On both occasions the tech has done it's job. It's incompetent, arrogant and cheating refs who are the problem in Scotland.

Tyler Durden
29-02-2024, 06:14 AM
Contact does not equal a foul. There is a threshold of contact FFS. Fish is literally coming to a halt to avoid any foul.

Clancy is a disgrace and has been for years with us

Thegreenside
29-02-2024, 06:14 AM
Mind blowing there’s a million pound of funding for VAR yet it’s still part time amateurs on the park making decisions

KeithTheHibby
29-02-2024, 06:15 AM
He’s a useless ****. The only man in the stadium to think it was a penalty. Hibs should be publicly demanding the audio release of the conversation. Var actually did its job last night, the problem was that inept ******* refereeing the game.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:16 AM
In a nutshell, what we do about it though is the mystery, this has been going on for to long for it just to be crap referees when it comes to Hibs, right now all the refs just think Boyle is a diver and he hardly gets any of the decisions going his way, refs have made there mind up, if it’s Kyogo at celtc who likes a dive he gets a penalty.

We are being targeted by refs and it’s plain and simple, cheating.

Nail on the head. They are desperate we don't make top 6. Recent games St Mirren two decisions against pen for us pen for them, Celtic two Hibs pens not seriously looked at, Aberdeen the most obvious handball pen ever, Derby never in a million years pen. My conservative estimate is that is 5 points we have lost one v Celtic, 2 each Sheep and gimps. That would comfortably have us top 6 and closing on Buddies.

GRA
29-02-2024, 06:19 AM
Let's not forget Clancy was the ref 3 years ago when Morelos stamped on Porto. He was looking right at it and failed to send him off! Still corrupt even with VAR.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:24 AM
Let's not forget Clancy was the ref 3 years ago when Morelos stamped on Porto. He was looking right at it and failed to send him off! Still corrupt even with VAR.

Who then went on to score the winner. Also ref when Itcham slapped Vela right in front of him and both players get yellow. Same game fourth official gives foul to Celtic. Clancy doesn't signal clearly half Hibs team up the field Celtic take foul and score. He has and always was an utterly appalling ref who seems to have some superior standing in the game think he heads up a refs union.

GreenCastle
29-02-2024, 06:24 AM

It’s a pen.

Never a penalty.

Watched it about 20 times and it’s more of a dive every time.

Fish stops his movement - goes past the Hearts player and the diving yam falls to the ground. Fish trailing leg brushes again the Hearts diver but if that happens in the steer are you telling me an adult will fall over ?? Hibs were shafted and that’s never been giving for Hibs at the other end or any team playing at Ibrox or Celtic park.

GreenCastle
29-02-2024, 06:26 AM
Mind blowing there’s a million pound of funding for VAR yet it’s still part time amateurs on the park making decisions

Hearts will pay more for VAR this season than Hibs.

The higher up you finish in the league the more you pay for VAR.

That was the agreement when it was brought in.

Trinity Hibee
29-02-2024, 06:29 AM
Hearts will pay more for VAR this season than Hibs.

The higher up you finish in the league the more you pay for VAR.

That was the agreement when it was brought in.

I’d pay more if it got us 3rd too

Callum_62
29-02-2024, 07:15 AM
It's pretty telling that even Alan Preston and Neil McCann said it's never a penalty

Even Jimmy Sandison said he can see why hibs would be aggrieved - about as clear from any club TV will be about a ridiculous decision in a derby going in there favor

It must be about 99.5% against, .5% for

How anyone can claim it to be a penalty is beyond me, let alone a qualified ref who made a call on the park but then was given the benefit of watching it on multiple replays

Again, it's one you'd see in England, the commentary team would laugh about it and it would be quickly overturned

Up here though it feels like an absolute lottery what happens

Baader
29-02-2024, 07:23 AM
An absolute disgrace of a decision.

Diclonius
29-02-2024, 11:05 AM
Is it confirmed that Clancy is a Hearts fan?

Ryan91
29-02-2024, 11:49 AM
Bobby Madden on Instagram saying it's not a penalty https://www.instagram.com/reel/C37FJydsRn7/?igsh=MTh0enlxMWd2dW9iMA==

Clip 6
On-field decision - Penalty
VAR Intervention - Yes, on-field review suggested

I will always sympathise with on field decisions as you only get one look, and it's never as clear as it may appear on TV. Forget all the phrases, clear and obvious, elements to support, clear evidence, what does football expect etc. This isn't a publishable decision, it's no more than normal football contract which the attacker exaggerates. VAR does it's job and recommends an on field review. [Clancy] then decides to stick with his original decision.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 11:57 AM
Is it confirmed that Clancy is a Hearts fan?

Wouldn't have thought so given he is from the West.

percy veer
29-02-2024, 12:14 PM
I knew as soon as he went over he would stick by his decision, all game giving them fouls simply by being touched and flinging themselves to the ground whilst ignoring the same sort of challenges on us, rocky booking shambles never gave a free kick never even signalled advantage just booked him Purley on shanklands reaction, shankland miraculous recovery as soon as the yellow was produced. Got to call it out or it will come back to bite us and he will be given another important game against us. Pens totally ruining the game now.

GreenGray
29-02-2024, 12:23 PM
Clancy is one of the very few referees in the country that isn’t based in the West coast, he’s in Edinburgh.

Why would the league put him on the Edinburgh derby of all games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Langlee Hibs
29-02-2024, 01:10 PM
If the coming together with Miller and their boy in the box hadn't happened 5 seconds earlier then he doesn't give that pen. The fact the yam hordes were still foaming at not getting a pen there was a factor in his decision imo. Blind arrogance not to overturn his on field decision. Another absolute roaster of a referee.

Hibiza
29-02-2024, 01:11 PM
Should hang his head in shame .will do it again though .

Crab apple
29-02-2024, 01:17 PM
Alan Muir on VAR surprisingly got it right last night in calling Clancy to review his decision. The fact Clancy stood by his original inexplicable decision is bizarre. We should be asking the authorities for an explanation on Clancy's decision making. They also should be reviewing it and demoting him for a period as was done in 2019, coincidentally after a game involving us.

The Captain....
29-02-2024, 01:22 PM
A decision made with total and utter arrogance as there is no fear of any consequences for getting it so badly wrong.

I don't want to see this wee prick near a Hibs game again. If he is we should make the whole experience an absolute nightmare for him. Sick to death of us being on the end of corrupt decisions from these cheating *******s.

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

Se7enUp
29-02-2024, 01:28 PM

This.

Versus the bigots, yeah,theyll cheat because of their allegiance/fear of reprisal.

The rest of the time, it's all about their ego.

Se7enUp
29-02-2024, 01:31 PM

The monitor location at swynecastle is unbelievable!!!

Smartie
29-02-2024, 01:33 PM

Maybe for the select group of people who think contact = penalty?

I actually quite like and agree with Bobby Madden’s comments - I have sympathy for decisions being given at one look and in real time. With the benefit of VAR though, this one is inexcusable.

The whole problem is that VAR is often used, frame by frame, to find contact and make a decision. That misses the point. I’d be more inclined to want to see a challenge from several angles, at normal time, to establish whether or not a foul had occurred, sufficient contact to impede a player. On this occasion that clearly hadn’t happened.

SeanWilson
29-02-2024, 03:13 PM

It’s a pen.

You're talking Will Fish.

First thing my current bun colleague said to me today was 'wtf was going on for that non pen last night'.

I'm not sure about corruption, probably more of a wolloper trying to save face. For him to have been asked to go and take a look, its enough for clear and obvious - so what the F does he see when he looks at it?

mcfly
01-03-2024, 08:36 AM
I think the hibs CEO has to discuss this matter with the SFA.

Tell the SFA exactly what rangers do and say we don’t want him to referee anymore of our games. He should have to explain why that was a penalty when no one else thought it was.

If any of us did our job as bad we would be out of a job. Should be sane fir Scottish refs

Scottie
01-03-2024, 09:34 AM
I think the hibs CEO has to discuss this matter with the SFA.

Tell the SFA exactly what rangers do and say we don’t want him to referee anymore of our games. He should have to explain why that was a penalty when no one else thought it was.

If any of us did our job as bad we would be out of a job. Should be sane fir Scottish refs
This will never catch on too much common sense in this post McFly :aok:

maturehibby
01-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Clancy has had it in for us for many a year with lots of inaccur decisions .
Only way to get fairer decisions is yo ask to not have him.refwree our games is to add Colum .Napier.walsh.Beaton
Aitken who I have never seen us win at all with .
Feel free to add someone else I'm sure to have missed.
Amazing that Warnock thinks Scottish refs are better than their English counterparts too

Hibiza
01-03-2024, 02:32 PM
Clancy : an excuse of an impartial referee

matty_f
01-03-2024, 02:44 PM
I always think with Clancy, that even before VAR, he knew when he was in the middle of making a mistake but just carried on regardless rather than backing down and doing the right thing. You could see it written all over his face at times, doing the whole 'don't back down, double down' thing.

JimBHibees
01-03-2024, 03:17 PM
I always think with Clancy, that even before VAR, he knew when he was in the middle of making a mistake but just carried on regardless rather than backing down and doing the right thing. You could see it written all over his face at times, doing the whole 'don't back down, double down' thing.

Yes that is the sort of arrogance we are dealing with.

eastmainsmsh
02-03-2024, 07:40 PM
A *****house