PDA

View Full Version : Put a statement out

Diclonius
28-02-2024, 08:51 PM
Make this as difficult as possible for them to sweep under the carpet. None of this dignified silence pish.

That was corruption, plain and simple.

Scottie
28-02-2024, 08:52 PM
Like the Huns with Collum. For once I’d like our club to stand up and call this out. Won’t happen though

Swedish hibee
28-02-2024, 08:52 PM
Horrendous decision. I'd walk off the pitch.

hibee-boys
28-02-2024, 08:56 PM
Absolutely cheated out of numerous points. Aberdeen and this game robbed off 4 points, this happens far too often to be just bad luck!

lyonhibs
Horrendous decision. I'd walk off the pitch.

Bet you wouldn't in actual real life.

After the Aberdeen game would've been the time for a statement, that really was verging on the actively corrupt

NAE NOOKIE
Never a penalty in a million f'ing years ... we are being cheated, pure and simple.

andrew_dundee
We should go full Rangers. That's two points knicked despite VAR giving the ref a chance to correct his decision.

Callum_62
28-02-2024, 08:57 PM
In famous Rangers fashion - Release the audio

What he is thinking he is seeing is beyond me

There's a tiny touch with fish back leg but it has zero force and the boy does the most blatant dive youl see

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
This, disgraceful what we have to put up with, call those cheating refs out Hibs, show some backbone 😡

Torto7
:agree::agree: There's only so much going through the official channels you can do. If they want to display their rank unprofessional attitudes to a wider audience by trying to punish us for it then who cares as they're already doing it.

Bushiri can barely fart without getting booked for it and Boyler dives anytime he's near the box according to all and sundry in the press.

Clancy is a *****bag and a terrible ref.

Johnny_Leith
Release the audio.

neil7908
28-02-2024, 08:59 PM
Agreed. The Aberdeen game and tonight is simply not good enough. It's either staggering incompetence or cheating.

We shouldn't take it.

mcohibs
Clancy’s an arrogant prick. Didn’t want to admit he’d made a **** of it. He should be dropped from duty.

Viva_Palmeiras
Are we the only top club to be missing a “plant” in the media?

Ferdinand trying to unsettle / tap up Arteta, and we have pundits in Scotland ignoring / dialling down controversy for some teams whilst amping it up for others unhindered.

We have agents in public broadcasters talking up or decrying players….

it’s messed up.

Zazu62
28-02-2024, 09:00 PM
Something dodgy is going on it’s totally corrupt to the core.

mcohibs
Release the audio.

Of what? VAR wasn’t to blame, it actually did its job correctly. It’s the incompetence of Clancy that’s ****ed it for us. That’s an absolutely disgusting decision.

GreenCastle
Stand up for the fans Hibs.

Don’t be soft.

Refs in Scotland are incompetent and need called out for ruining games weekly. It’s getting beyond a couple errors now it’s every other week huge decisions are affecting the outcome of the game.

Northernhibee
Three points stolen against Celtic, two today - what other ones have we had?

lyonhibs
28-02-2024, 09:01 PM
Release the audio.

That would be a hoot.

"Go and have a look again"

"Ok"

"Still a penalty to Hearts"

The Aberdeen handball audio might be more interesting, as that was VARs fault.

JammyDoidger
28-02-2024, 09:01 PM
At what point does this end? When do these *******s start being held accountable and losing their jobs? You could take an average punter out of the stand that would do a better job officiating the game. It honestly has gone too far. Even going to the monitor for another look he's still decided to go against it and give a penalty, it leaves you tearing your hair out.
Nowt to do with not being full time, or having the technology or whatever other crap they want to come out with.
They are cheats and it's blatantly obvious, ever since Paul McGinn called Beaton inept and VAR was introduced we've had nowt. Absolutely now.
Hibs need to be stronger, we should send someone that isn't require to play out to call them cheats publicly. If they get a ban so be it. Honestly sick of it.

LunasBoots
28-02-2024, 09:03 PM
Some teams get alot of calls going there way, we ain't one of them, continous bad calls against us.

Nicho87
28-02-2024, 09:04 PM
I back hibs calling this out

It’s beyond a joke

The only ones laughing are the sfa

HarpOnHibee
28-02-2024, 09:06 PM
The Aberdeen handball audio might be more interesting, as that was VARs fault.

It's never VARs fault. VAR doesn't make the decisions, it simply gives the corrupt clowns the opportunity to make the correct one's, which they then proceed not to do.

Brummie_Hibs
28-02-2024, 09:10 PM
I thought it was a penalty.

Fish turned his back, clips the guy with his trailing leg and his hip also hits the Hearts player, causing the player to fly.

The Hearts player makes a meal of it, but because Fish lost control of the ball, turns his back and then hits the player in two separate areas of the body, to me, makes it a penalty.

I'll check highlights again tomorrow.

mcohibs
28-02-2024, 09:11 PM
Speak now Hibs or cement our place as soft as **** and an easy target.

Kato
28-02-2024, 09:12 PM
Release the audio.You can hear it here.

https://youtu.be/itcAglwoLSU?si=RId_IU1snqvR8U8_

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

mcohibs
28-02-2024, 09:12 PM

Fish turned his back, clips the guy with his trailing leg and his hip also hits the Hearts player, causing the player to fly.

The Hearts player makes a meal of it, but because Fish lost control of the ball, turns his back and then hits the player in two separate areas of the body, to me, makes it a penalty.

Think it’s your prescription you need checking!

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-02-2024, 09:13 PM
You know what will happen eh?

Clancy will be refereeing the cup game against rangers next weekend

Greensunshine
28-02-2024, 09:13 PM
Clancy is a spineless ******. He made the call and had the chance to correct it and he ****ing bottled it!

Hibs need to call this out!!! What a ****ing joke!

mcohibs
28-02-2024, 09:14 PM
Three points stolen against Celtic, two today - what other ones have we had?

Horrific failure to award us a penalty at Pittodrie.

Callum_62
28-02-2024, 09:14 PM

I'll check highlights again tomorrow.Check your eyes anaw mate [emoji1787]

There is slight contact but it's not enough to be meaningful in anyway

Every single pundit said it's never a penalty and even hearts TV went as far as saying they can see why hibs would be aggrieved at that

It's all the evidence you need

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

DaveF
28-02-2024, 09:15 PM

Hello Kevin

Potty78
28-02-2024, 09:16 PM

No chance, its never a pen.

Kato
28-02-2024, 09:17 PM

I'll check highlights again tomorrow.Not one person, pundits, fans, Hearts Tvs own studio team agrees with you. Except Clancy, who laughed his way off the park tonight.

JohnM1875
28-02-2024, 09:18 PM

Slowed down and watched frame by frame I half get where you’re coming from with the hip contact. But it needs to be reviewed in real time. It’s never ever a penalty.

The fact that clown was told to go look at it again tells you that. Only against us does a referee go to the monitor then stick with his wrong decision.

DH1875
28-02-2024, 09:18 PM
Never a penalty. Total joke of a desicion.

GreenCastle
28-02-2024, 09:19 PM

Fish touch was poor but stands still.

The Hearts diver clips into his foot and throws himself to the ground like he’s been shot.

Never a penalty - total madness it was given.

Never given at Ibrox or Celtic Park.

Smartie
28-02-2024, 09:24 PM

Having seen it back, I actually thought the first challenge was a stronger shout. Might have been a foul elsewhere on the pitch.

Yes, there’s “contact” in the Fish challenge but it’s simply not a foul.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-02-2024, 09:25 PM
Clancy was bullied at school. Absolute nap.

One Day Soon
28-02-2024, 09:27 PM
I’ve been a season ticket holder man and boy for the best part of 40 years. For the last ten or so my boy has had a season ticket too. I’d be a liar if I said that both the cost of the tickets and the time involved attending weren’t factors in making me think long and hard about renewing in recent years when times are tougher and the football has been grim. If you now park on top of that the way that VAR decisions are so incompetently/corruptly going against us it’s going to end up being a material factor for me in deciding whether to renew if this continues. If BK and the club showed some real spine over this stuff it would certainly be encouraging. What is the point spending precious time and money to go and watch a game so rigged or so poorly run that even with filmed evidence available on repeat officials can just do what the hell they like? It stinks.

hibsbollah
28-02-2024, 09:28 PM
Release the audio footage. Its not complicated.

Greensunshine
28-02-2024, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=GreenCastle;7599842]Fish touch was poor but stands still.

The Hearts diver clips into his foot and throws himself to the ground like he’s been shot.

IFish’s trailing heel caught Vargas but only slightly and certainly not anywhere near enough for him to go down like he’d been shot by a ****ing sniper!
Both Clancy and Vargas are cheating horrible *******s and they need to be called out for it.

gbhibby
28-02-2024, 09:31 PM
If it was Boyler it would have not been a penalty and he would have been booked. Getting sick of VAR and its inconsistencies. Hibs need to grow a pair and call it out no diplomatic statements. There are 4 officials at the game who have an input in making a decision and there is 4 people in the VAR that will be looking at the footage, how can 8 people not get a decision right is beyond me. There have been other decisions for other teams that have been
baffling but we seem to be suffering more than other clubs.

Ron D Hibbie
28-02-2024, 09:35 PM
Wouldnt it be great if clancy was allowed to explain his decision.

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 09:39 PM
On radio just now … asked if it was a penalty … pundit says not a penalty point blank, then says, “then missiles came on” … totally out of context he mentions it … that’s what we are up against with the media too … we need to push back on all of this … club and fans. Utter blatant deflection.

JohnM1875
28-02-2024, 09:41 PM
On radio just now … asked if it was a penalty … pundit says not a penalty point blank, then says, “then missiles came on” … totally out of context he mentions it … that’s what we are up against with the media too … we need to push back on all of this … club and fans. Utter blatant defection.

Eh? Was clear as day we were launching **** on to the pitch at their penalty. Was totally embarrassing

Criswell
28-02-2024, 09:43 PM
It is coming to the stage that we have to accept that we are going to start every game knowing we are already a goal down (at least) because VAR/Refereeing incompetence will do the dirty on us. Guaranteed!

cubehindthegoal
Eh? Was clear as day we were launching **** on to the pitch at their penalty. Was totally embarrassing

Yes … but he was asked if it should have been a penalty or not ?? It had no relevance to the answer. Or shouldn’t have.

WestStandWillie
Is that the first time a VAR check has happened and remained unaltered?

Scottie
28-02-2024, 09:44 PM
Wouldnt it be great if clancy was allowed to explain his decision.
Joe Biden has got a better cognitive function than this ******g joker. The way he laughed in Fish’s face at the final whistle summed him up for me.

Mcbizz1998
28-02-2024, 09:45 PM

Think you missed his point there.

hibee_girl
Is that the first time a VAR check has happened and remained unaltered?

No, there was a red card for a rangers player at ibrox a few weeks ago where the ref stuck with his decision despite been sent to the monitor to have a look.

cubehindthegoal
Monty is seething … he made that well clear … mentioned apology a few times … wonder if we will get one … the club have to approach again, and publicise the approach, for answers.

ElginHibee
28-02-2024, 09:46 PM
The recent Huns - Sheep game had one, I remember Warnock complimenting the ref on it.

JohnM1875
28-02-2024, 09:46 PM
Yes … but he was asked if it should have been a penalty or not ?? It had no relevance to the answer. Or shouldn’t have.

Right you are, get you now 👍

Pagan Hibernia
28-02-2024, 09:47 PM
We've been absolutely done out of 5 points in the last few weeks.

Stanton Spence
28-02-2024, 09:48 PM
Clancy’s an arrogant prick. Didn’t want to admit he’d made a **** of it. He should be dropped from duty.
Nail on head

Mcbizz1998
28-02-2024, 09:48 PM
We must say something. The only way we get any change out of them is by applying pressure.

I’d be publicly saying that our players have lost confidence in the capabilities of Kevin Clancy to ref the game properly, and that we request he isn’t given our match to ref in future.

Obviously he will be reffing us again but we need to cause enough fuss so he will think twice before putting himself in the firing line again with corrupt officiating.

Torto7
28-02-2024, 09:50 PM
Joe Biden has got a better cognitive function than this ******g joker. The way he laughed in Fish’s face at the final whistle summed him up for me.

It never ceases to amaze me how far US republican propaganda reaches. Even Scottish guys miles away repeat it. Biden is doing a rather good job with the economy and navigating the tricky geopolitical landscape but hey ho that's not for here.

WhileTheChief..
28-02-2024, 09:51 PM
Couldn't care less about a statement or an apology, I want the damn points.

flash
28-02-2024, 09:52 PM

That's the bottom line.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2024, 09:54 PM
Nail on head

why should others benefit - his next game against Hibs he should sit out or be “baby sat” if that’s what fourth officials do…

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2024, 09:56 PM
That's the bottom line.
Wonder whether the US love of a lawsuit might keep the SPFL on their toes…?

matty_f
28-02-2024, 09:58 PM
If it was Boyler it would have not been a penalty and he would have been booked. Getting sick of VAR and its inconsistencies. Hibs need to grow a pair and call it out no diplomatic statements. There are 4 officials at the game who have an input in making a decision and there is 4 people in the VAR that will be looking at the footage, how can 8 people not get a decision right is beyond me. There have been other decisions for other teams that have been
baffling but we seem to be suffering more than other clubs.
This is 100% the most infuriating thing about it.

Boyle never gets that penalty and there would be uproar about the dive.

Stanton Spence
28-02-2024, 09:58 PM
To me I think Clancy thinks fish caught him with the fresh air swipe and was then told by VAR to get a grip and have a look again . There is no way he gave the pen originally for the slight touch from fish heel but has obviously been delighted to see that minimal contact and it’s gave him an out which he’s taken

HoboHarry
28-02-2024, 09:59 PM
Wonder whether the US love of a lawsuit might keep the SPFL on their toes…?

I've said it before on .net that I'd hoped from the start that Ron Gordon would be of the Fergus McCann ilk and take no s***e from the SFA. It was he who got Jim Farry sacked and i really hope that the Foley crew go to war with them.

Not In The Know
28-02-2024, 10:02 PM

Ferdinand trying to unsettle / tap up Arteta, and we have pundits in Scotland ignoring / dialling down controversy for some teams whilst amping it up for others unhindered.

it’s messed up.

It's the ol' BBC pish again. Tonight both John Rankin and "biscuits" referred to Hearts as "we"

Thats cool, but the BBC need to be held accountable as its clearly not a balanced opinion.

FWIW I quite like Preston. He's a decent jumbo. We just need the equivalent for Hibs on the national broadcaster.

DH1875
28-02-2024, 10:04 PM
Why would Rankin refer to hearts as we?

Houston7
28-02-2024, 10:09 PM
Think it’s your prescription you need checking!
The Hearts commentators on PPV, & non of the guys on Sportscene, including the ex-Jambo thought it was a penalty. Only the cheats Vargas & Clancy thought it was. Clancy was only copying Collum from last weekend by ignoring VAR.
Mind you Muir was on VAR.

cubehindthegoal
It's the ol' BBC pish again. Tonight both John Rankin and "biscuits" referred to Hearts as "we"

Thats cool, but the BBC need to be held accountable as its clearly not a balanced opinion.

FWIW I quite like Preston. He's a decent jumbo. We just need the equivalent for Hibs on the national broadcaster.

BBC commentator on highlights on tv … the penalty … “it’s certainly exaggerated by vargas” … like they’d say that if it was a foul on Boyle in the box … dishonesty in action.

… and the after talk … how much did they all grudge having to say it wasn’t a penalty … they all did, but it was like drawing teeth … they won’t see it that way … but it is true, so it needs called out. Dishonesty again ..

WeeRussell
This is 100% the most infuriating thing about it.

Boyle never gets that penalty and there would be uproar about the dive.

Yep.

I’m of the opinion that his against Celtic wasn’t a penalty, as you know. But if we’re giving out pens for that **** tonight.. it was a stonewaller.

Eyrie
28-02-2024, 10:11 PM
From the BBC live text.

'Never a penalty in a million years'
Hearts 1-1 Hibernian

Allan Preston

Former Hearts midfielder on BBC Sportsound

I think Hibs will be getting another apology. That's never a penalty in a million years, if it's given for the challenge on Vargas.

It's not VAR that's the problem, it's the people officiating.

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:12 PM
We should go full Rangers. That's two points knicked despite VAR giving the ref a chance to correct his decision.

And that’s the crux of it … we should … but we aren’t them, so are discriminated against from the off when we even try …

… but … it shouldn’t stop us continually bashing against a door of corruption. We need to, club and fans.

overdrive
28-02-2024, 10:14 PM
Why would Rankin refer to hearts as we?

Was a coach there and for some reason seems to have a dislike for us

Hibs90
28-02-2024, 10:14 PM
Shambolic decision yet again.

A more firm statement required.

Basically at my wits end with Scottish football, corrupt and incompetent referees are at the heart of that. Genuinely can’t be ****ed anymore. What’s the point?

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:15 PM
Agreed. The Aberdeen game and tonight is simply not good enough. It's either staggering incompetence or cheating.

We shouldn't take it.

You must be a young lad Neil, if you think it’s such a recent thing as to be simple incompetence. Incompetence doesn’t remain so one sided for so long without dishonesty being behind it.

JJP
28-02-2024, 10:19 PM
I don't think anyone except Clancy thought that was a penalty. Utterly baffling how that is given and we will never get a penalty as soft as that given to us. If it's just bad officiating then surely we should be benefitting occasionally as well but it feels like almost every game we are on the wrong end of one of these decisions. Wins at Tynecastle are special and we were robbed of one tonight.

GRA
28-02-2024, 10:20 PM
We need to start calling out the pattern here. We'd had a few shockers before this month. But 3 of the last 4 games is taking the mickey now. How can the Boyle foul against Celtic not be a pen but the Vargas one can? How can the Aberdeen handball not be given?

I'd said it long ago it's not VAR ruining our game but the incompetent clowns running it. I'll add corrupt to that as well, the only logical conclusion.

paddy1875
28-02-2024, 10:24 PM
I find it mental that the var screen is basically in the hearts stand. Guys been surrounded by greeting faced Gorgie freaks while trying to view the monitor. He’s a coconut of a referee but he’s been made to check the monitor in the tynecastle arms. No bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:25 PM

it’s messed up.

There is generally a bias to the old firm … you can almost accept that is going to be the case, if it wasn’t for the sad discriminational aspects of the OF. But it’s also for a few years been heavily slanted towards hearts, which also includes a bias against our club … wonder why 🤔… and there is a deflective nod to aberdeen … so the “pundits” that favour aberdeen in one way or another are drawn in to it ...

It’s as clear as day when you watch, but much more so when you listen to the BBC radio sportsound … they’re only radio so can fly under the radar of honest judgment easier …

CL0762
28-02-2024, 10:28 PM
I’m sure Clancy was the one who awarded the penalty against Rocky for a handball that took about 8 mins to check at a derby last season.

It’s a ****ing disgrace.

Griffiths free kick
Oli Shaw header
Jordon Forster header

And it’s always against those ***** from Gorgie.

ThisIsTheYear
28-02-2024, 10:30 PM
What chance we got

The Baldmans Comb
28-02-2024, 10:31 PM
Sappy little clubs really deserve nothing if they don't stand up for themselves though admittedly Hibs last statement was a tiny step in the right direction.

It's another test to see if Hibs are going to push it and if history is anything to go by they will bottle it just like Clancy did.

cubehindthegoal
Of what? VAR wasn’t to blame, it actually did its job correctly. It’s the incompetence of Clancy that’s ****ed it for us. That’s an absolutely disgusting decision.

Can’t help thinking VAR thought .. omg this is so obviously not, and against hibs, again … let’s give the ref a chance to rectify or we will be called out and blamed for it … then the ref takes the blame this time … deflection again … it’s so clear as day …

GreenCastle
Could VAR have just said no penalty straight away without the review ?

Surely the massive hint to have a look again was the VAR (Alan Muir( saying it wasn’t a pen?

I keep saying it but I genuinely can’t think of a decent ref in Scottish football ???

JKeatings
28-02-2024, 10:36 PM
We should have won regardless, had enough chances to win that game. They create that many and they win comfortably

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:37 PM
It's never VARs fault. VAR doesn't make the decisions, it simply gives the corrupt clowns the opportunity to make the correct one's, which they then proceed not to do.

Sometimes the corrupts clowns will be on VAR duty too.

Either way, we lose against dishonest decisions. Again and again. It’s clear and obvious now. Repeatedly.

flash
28-02-2024, 10:40 PM
Sappy little clubs really deserve nothing if they don't stand up for themselves though admittedly Hibs last statement was a tiny step in the right direction.

It's another test to see if Hibs are going to push it and if history is anything to go by they will bottle it just like Clancy did.

There are Hertz supporters who don't hate Hibs as much as some of our own.

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:40 PM

Check all you like … either way … Boyle gets booked for diving for the same thing other end, guaranteed. Can’t you see that ?

SaulGoodman
28-02-2024, 10:44 PM

It’s half 11 at night and you’re getting raging about something that hasn’t happened yet.

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:45 PM
Fish touch was poor but stands still.

Never given at Ibrox or Celtic Park.

.. and never given for Hibs … whether it’s the OF or not .. it’d be a booking for the Hibs player … followed by the BBC media coming down on the Hibs player for being a cheat … and coming back to that label they created, time after time in their broadcasts …

vuefrom1875
28-02-2024, 10:47 PM
This, disgraceful what we have to put up with, call those cheating refs out Hibs, show some backbone 😡

Never happen hibs always sit on there hands...oh for Tom Hart ,he called them out BIG STYLE...every game hibs are playing against 13 men...var and Lanarkshire mafia + we play in the wrong colour.

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:48 PM
Having seen it back, I actually thought the first challenge was a stronger shout. Might have been a foul elsewhere on the pitch.

Yes, there’s “contact” in the Fish challenge but it’s simply not a foul.

lol … even the bbc pundits on highlights tonight wrote that off .. no way was that a penalty.

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:50 PM

Can’t be ars’ed with that patter. Some good honest folk were bullied at school too, none of their doing.

wookie70
28-02-2024, 10:51 PM
Not sure a statement would make much of a difference in getting our fair share of results but it can be used to galvanize the club and bring supporters closer to the team. I'd like it to be accompanied by decisions given against us but not for us and there are plenty of examples of game changing calls which we can use.

Logie
28-02-2024, 10:54 PM
The wine must be strong tonight I thought we played class and fully deserved the win but I thought it was a penalty. Albeit soft and guy goes down like he’s been shot but it all starts with a shocking touch from fish and he does pull out but catches the guy with trailing leg and with his hip does smash into him imo. Hibs have been robbed plenty decisions this season but I’m not sure this is one. Like the challenge on Boyle vs Celtic and we rightly wanted a penalty. I also think if it was other way round (for us) we would be looking for a penalty. No denying its soft but that’s football nowadays unfortunately.

SaulGoodman
28-02-2024, 10:55 PM
The wine must be strong tonight I thought we played class and fully deserved the win but I thought it was a penalty. Albeit soft and guy goes down like he’s been shot but it all starts with a shocking touch from fish and he does pull out but catches the guy with trailing leg and with his hip does smash into him imo. Hibs have been robbed plenty decisions this season but I’m not sure this is one. Same amount of contact on Boyle vs Celtic and we rightly wanted a penalty. I also think if it was other way round (for us) we would be looking for a penalty. No denying its soft but that’s football nowadays unfortunately.

😳😳

Logie
28-02-2024, 10:55 PM
😳😳

Opinions eh GGTTh

Partyraiser
28-02-2024, 10:56 PM
It genuinely feels like our games are being decided more by the actions of officials than that of the players on the pitch. It costs me a fortune to follow Hibs and it feels like I'm ploughing money into something that's rigged

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:56 PM
We must say something. The only way we get any change out of them is by applying pressure.

I’d be publicly saying that our players have lost confidence in the capabilities of Kevin Clancy to ref the game properly, and that we request he isn’t given our match to ref in future.

Obviously he will be reffing us again but we need to cause enough fuss so he will think twice before putting himself in the firing line again with corrupt officiating.

It needs this sort of thing when you are fighting against dishonesty. It might not work … first time … but you have to keep fighting. And it takes more than one to beat them usually. Corruption, dishonesty and discrimination are defended hard by those who are seeped in it.

RIP
28-02-2024, 10:57 PM
Can we call for a retrospective yellow?

Deliberately placing your foot and body away from the ball in order to make contact with an opposition player is CHEATING.

CALL IT OUT!!

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 10:59 PM

So you want the status quo … so we’ll just keep having points taken from us. Don’t you see that?

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 11:04 PM
Shambolic decision yet again.

A more firm statement required.

Basically at my wits end with Scottish football, corrupt and incompetent referees are at the heart of that. Genuinely can’t be ****ed anymore. What’s the point?

Because they won’t care that you feel that way, they’ll be happy you do. Takes away from our fuel, adds to theirs.

28-02-2024, 11:05 PM
You know what will happen eh?

Clancy will be refereeing the cup game against rangers next weekend

Which is why releasing a statement is probably a bad idea.

LaMotta
28-02-2024, 11:08 PM
The wine must be strong tonight I thought we played class and fully deserved the win but I thought it was a penalty. Albeit soft and guy goes down like he’s been shot but it all starts with a shocking touch from fish and he does pull out but catches the guy with trailing leg and with his hip does smash into him imo. Hibs have been robbed plenty decisions this season but I’m not sure this is one. Like the challenge on Boyle vs Celtic and we rightly wanted a penalty. I also think if it was other way round (for us) we would be looking for a penalty. No denying its soft but that’s football nowadays unfortunately.

Look, even Biscuits Preston was saying it was a terrible decision - nothing more needs to be said:

https://twitter.com/scottmillar1/status/1762980563420426750

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 11:09 PM
What chance we got

None if we say and do nothing. Dishonesty ensures that. So call it and show it …

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 11:18 PM

You say it was soft, after saying “smash into him”.

Moving on …

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 11:21 PM
It genuinely feels like our games are being decided more by the actions of officials than that of the players on the pitch. It costs me a fortune to follow Hibs and it feels like I'm ploughing money into something that's rigged

So .. I believe when you come across that in life .. two choices …

- walk away from corruption
- support the victim of corruption and challenge it

Logie
28-02-2024, 11:22 PM
You say it was soft, after saying “smash into him”.

Moving on …

Ok sorry I meant smash as in fish recklessly connects with him using his hip that better? I do think it’s soft. Not the worst I’ve seen.. thinking Colak ( if that’s how you spell it) at ER.

cubehindthegoal
28-02-2024, 11:24 PM
Which is why releasing a statement is probably a bad idea.

No. Not speaking out against corruption because you are afraid of the consequences is the bad idea.

Bakerman
28-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Opinions eh GGTTh

If it was a one off bad decision, then no worries. But, this has been going on for months, and years, and decades. The recent ones against Aberdeen, the recent Celtic match, the Deeks goal that was two feet over the goal line, the 79 cup final against the currants, Craig Thompson, the Grant Brebner non sending off etc etc etc etc etc etc. There are so many big decisions that have went against us in big games that it is no longer, that the average hibs supporter think of as incompetence, you'd have be, like many referees' 'blindfolded' not to see what is happening. Its blatantly obvious.

PHeffernan
29-02-2024, 01:15 AM

We shouldn't take it.

:hnet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTC1TEVo3Aw

Tyler Durden
29-02-2024, 06:09 AM
We should make this all about Clancy and just do our best to keep him away from our games in future.

He’s at it all the time. Booked Boyle for diving in the first VAR game, we had the penalty at Tynecastle last year where he ignored the foul on Joe Newell…. There’s been plenty of others over the years

Come out and state we want an explanation on how he’s gave that and say he’s not fit to referee.

Pedantic_Hibee
29-02-2024, 06:29 AM
If I were BK I’d be releasing another statement. Keep the pressure on, keep highlighting it and if we get in trouble for it then just release another statement saying we are now being punished for calling out clear and repeated errors.

I don’t want us to be neck and neck with Sevco 5088 in the Statement Championship but I also don’t want us bending over and repeatedly taking it dry from corrupt officials without so much as a squeal.

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2024, 07:02 AM
So you want the status quo … so we’ll just keep having points taken from us. Don’t you see that?

Huh??

I don't understand what you're on about?

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 07:06 AM

Hear the discussion between the two

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 07:12 AM

Preston is a Rangers fan plays the kid on Hearts fan role

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 07:13 AM

Smashes into him never ever

One Day Soon
29-02-2024, 07:20 AM
Preston is a Rangers fan plays the kid on Hearts fan role

I find that hard to believe.

Fergus52
29-02-2024, 07:21 AM
Ok sorry I meant smash as in fish recklessly connects with him using his hip that better? I do think it’s soft. Not the worst I’ve seen.. thinking Colak ( if that’s how you spell it) at ER.

Since VAR came in IFAB have explicitly said that contact does not equal a penalty, was no where near enough force in fish's trailing leg or hip to bring him down.

easty
29-02-2024, 07:29 AM

It was absolutely nothing like the Boyle one.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 07:31 AM

Apparently was when at his school.

Real Emerald
29-02-2024, 07:34 AM
It’s a joke the way we are treated, the club has to get tougher on this nonsense. it’s every game now that we’re being shafted and nothing is coming back our way. It’s now beyond cheating,

Brightside
29-02-2024, 07:36 AM
Make this as difficult as possible for them to sweep under the carpet. None of this dignified silence pish.

That was corruption, plain and simple.

as much as I agree our fans sommelier chucking a wine bottle opener at them maybe hinders our activity.

we are hibs
29-02-2024, 07:37 AM
Kevin Clancy should be hounded every time he's near a Hibs game. He's proven on multiple occasions that he cheats against us.

David Bates blatant handball V Rangers. No penalty

Ntcham grabbing josh Vela by the throat V Celtic. No red card. Booking for both.

Killie away when Lennon blew his lid after he gave a handball from a shot blasted at Porteous from a yard away.

Failed to send of Morelos for a stamp on Porteous.

Sent off McGinn V Falkirk which was later turned over after an appeal.

That's before we get into the fact that EVERY game he referees us every single soft foul goes against us and a Hibs player needs to be maimed before they get a foul. Why wasnt the hearts player booked for going right though Boyle in the first half? Yet rocky was booked for absolutely nothing on Shankland. Infact I doubt he even seen the incident and just seen Shankland on the ground and decided to book rocky.

He's a biased cheat. Not incompetent. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 08:28 AM
The standard of refereeing in Scotland is close to abysmal. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

The accusations that this is systematic and deliberate cheating is another matter and actually detracts from a necessary debate about the quality of the decision making

I'm sure every club has a paranoid/conspiracy theory element within their fanbase and equally sure their message boards have similar statements.

Just find it depressing that after yet another bad decision there are pages of ludicrous statements

Lester B
29-02-2024, 08:30 AM

And this is the worst statement of the whole thread. Reads like it's written by someone who bullied others at school.

GordonHFC
29-02-2024, 08:32 AM

We shouldn't take it.

I seriously think this goes well beyond incompetency.

Kato
29-02-2024, 08:36 AM
The standard of refereeing in Scotland is close to abysmal. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

The accusations that this is systematic and deliberate cheating is another matter and actually detracts from a necessary debate about the quality of the decision making

I'm sure every club has a paranoid/conspiracy theory element within their fanbase and equally sure their message boards have similar statements.

Just find it depressing that after yet another bad decision there are pages of ludicrous statementsHave to ask the simple question again. When are they incompetent in our favour?

number9dream
29-02-2024, 08:45 AM
Kevin Clancy should be hounded every time he's near a Hibs game. He's proven on multiple occasions that he cheats against us.

Ntcham grabbing josh Vela by the throat V Celtic. No red card. Booking for both.

Killie away when Lennon blew his lid after he gave a handball from a shot blasted at Porteous from a yard away.

That's before we get into the fact that EVERY game he referees us every single soft foul goes against us and a Hibs player needs to be maimed before they get a foul. Why wasnt the hearts player booked for going right though Boyle in the first half? Yet rocky was booked for absolutely nothing on Shankland. Infact I doubt he even seen the incident and just seen Shankland on the ground and decided to book rocky.

Rangers fans call him ‘Father Clancy’, he had to apologise to McInnes for a howler earlier this season and he obstructed a Dundee player for a Rangers goal… He’s just another rubbish ref.

we are hibs
29-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Genuinely how many decisions in the last 14 years in derbies have went against us? How many dodgy decisions have actually went our way in derbies? The only one I can recall is the COVID semi when we got a penalty that was soft which Nisbet then missed.

I can recall at least 15 decisions against us all the way back to Hearts getting a free kick for nothing that led to their equaliser in the 2-2 draw that Vaz Te scored in.

PatHead
29-02-2024, 08:55 AM
Can't wait until these decisions start levelling out. We won't have a foul against us for the rest of my life.

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2024, 10:00 AM
And the SFA wonder why none of our ref's get to the World Cup or the European Championships.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 10:07 AM
Have to ask the simple question again. When are they incompetent in our favour?

This season very little if not at all. But this is surely a correlation vs causation argument. Does a run of very poor decisions against us in recent games means there is a deliberate attempt to defraud and cheat and if so you have to go one further and answer why?

Kato
29-02-2024, 10:16 AM
This season very little if not at all. But this is surely a correlation vs causation argument. Does a run of very poor decisions against us in recent games means there is a deliberate attempt to defraud and cheat and if so you have to go one further and answer why?

I can only go by looking at the decisions being made and can't, thank God, get inside the head of a referee.

There are people on here calling decisions from games which are not recent.

How about previous seasons. Where is the run of decisions in our favour? Point out the threads on here where a string of mystifying calls have gone our way.

When does the poor officiating start evening itself out?

Juice-Terry
29-02-2024, 10:35 AM
My hypothesis: All Scottish refs hate us and Celtc, but they're scared of Celtc.

neil7908
29-02-2024, 10:46 AM
I seriously think this goes well beyond incompetency.

I tend to agree with you.

I'm really not one for conspiracy theories but I'm struggling to come up with another option.

We have been on the receiving end of far too many shockers and Sevco and Hearts get through opposite.

Something dodgy is going on.

Kato
29-02-2024, 10:59 AM
My hypothesis: All Scottish refs hate us and Celtc, but they're scared of Celtc.All refs? Its not as though all top refs in Scotland come from one, tiny geographical area .. oh hold on.

hibsbollah
29-02-2024, 11:03 AM
Im thinking seven points that have been directly robbed from us, just off the top of my head. Im sure theres more.

h1bs4life
29-02-2024, 11:04 AM
My hypothesis: All Scottish refs hate us and Celtc, but they're scared of Celtc.

Was saying that last night to the auld man during the game .They know they will not get away with it with Celtic so they take out on what they think is the next best thing knowing we as a club will say nothing .

29-02-2024, 11:08 AM
Can't wait until these decisions start levelling out. We won't have a foul against us for the rest of my life.

We'll beat Ross County on Saturday 10-0. 2 legitimate goals followed by 8 dodgy penalties ergo all evened up for the season. 😀

Onion
29-02-2024, 11:13 AM
It’s a joke the way we are treated, the club has to get tougher on this nonsense. it’s every game now that we’re being shafted and nothing is coming back our way. It’s now beyond cheating,

Hibs have always gone about their business is a professional way, rarely making too much noise about individual decisions but agree this is now getting ridiculous. If Hibs do not raise their serious concerns about what's going on, then it will be the fans who will take action - likely by voting with their feet. I'm not in the least bit interested in the SFA or refs trying to even things out. I just want them to be impartial, fair and get the decisions right in the first place. That is simply not happening at the moment. Been far too many blatant and important errors for it to simply be incompetence. Either deliberately or subliminally, these officials are selectively choosing how to use VAR to achieve a certain outcome. That has to stop and Hibs need to make this clear.

MrSmith
29-02-2024, 11:36 AM
We now have part owners of whom are big players so hopefully they will take exception to these very common instances of cheating and begin a legal process against the SPL/SFA/Referees, with a view to exposing the corruption that exists in those clearly bias organisations.

swin82
29-02-2024, 11:51 AM
Not the first time he has done us at tynecastle

https://x.com/paddyconway1875/status/1762959473608417318?s=48&t=p8ySOVYSywKg1UOC-FH6JQ

percy veer
29-02-2024, 12:19 PM

100% about the rocky booking, add the decision last season to award a pen against us after about 8 mins. Plenty more decisions , someone needs to say something now or even next time he's a ref hope everyone boycotts the game only way to get the club to say something

Lester B
29-02-2024, 01:07 PM
I can only go by looking at the decisions being made and can't, thank God, get inside the head of a referee.

There are people on here calling decisions from games which are not recent.

How about previous seasons. Where is the run of decisions in our favour? Point out the threads on here where a string of mystifying calls have gone our way.

When does the poor officiating start evening itself out?

Yes there are decisions in previous seasons which were terrible. The world's clearest handball in the Falkirk play off for starters. The question is whether it's deliberate and you clearly think it is

Point out the threads? Dear oh dear. Really? Is that the level of debate you want? Is there any football fan messageboard in the world where there are threads where fans celebrate the run of great decisions in their favour from refs. Subject Heading: "another Soft Penalty for us. What a great season we are having here at Melchester Rovers"

Willing to bet even The Rangers fans moan about refs. Wrongly of course.

The even out argument isn't relevant if we are talking about incompetency. Doesn't work that way. Stupid is as stupid does. Law of averages doesn't come into it. Officials are stupid and incompetent. But actively corrupt???

You asked 4 questions. I'll give you two back. Is there a deliberate attempt to make decisions against Hibs and, if so, why? To be honest I'm happy for anyone to answer those questions.

Hibiza
29-02-2024, 01:19 PM
Nasal Naismith ( I give a lot to charity but I don't like to talk about it ) . Had the audacity to say he was confident it was a penalty whilst being reviewed by VAR.

staunchhibby
29-02-2024, 01:33 PM
Can we not bombard the S.F.A with e-mails to register our disgust at the way Glancy treated hibs last night.

Kato
29-02-2024, 01:33 PM
Yes there are decisions in previous seasons which were terrible. The world's clearest handball in the Falkirk play off for starters. The question is whether it's deliberate and you clearly think it is

Point out the threads? Dear oh dear. Really? Is that the level of debate you want? Is there any football fan messageboard in the world where there are threads where fans celebrate the run of great decisions in their favour from refs. Subject Heading: "another Soft Penalty for us. What a great season we are having here at Melchester Rovers"

Willing to bet even The Rangers fans moan about refs. Wrongly of course.

The even out argument isn't relevant if we are talking about incompetency. Doesn't work that way. Stupid is as stupid does. Law of averages doesn't come into it. Officials are stupid and incompetent. But actively corrupt???

You asked 4 questions. I'll give you two back. Is there a deliberate attempt to make decisions against Hibs and, if so, why? To be honest I'm happy for anyone to answer those questions.

I've already answered the why question.

You can't point to incompetency if there is no evidence of the same level/amount of decisions going our way and apparently you can't point toward or even remember any evidence of that.

Ozyhibby
29-02-2024, 01:52 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68435440?at_bbc_team=editorial&at_link_id=42045AD4-D6FF-11EE-9BE1-1F884B3AC5C4&at_ptr_name=twitter&at_link_type=web_link&at_format=link&at_campaign_type=owned&at_medium=social&at_link_origin=BBCScotlandNews&at_campaign=Social_Flow

Beginning to think the VAR is Scotland is just a couple of guys watching game on a tele while cracking open the beers and Doritos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
29-02-2024, 01:59 PM
I asked fans of other clubs to give examples of decisions that had gone against their clubs in favour of Hibs that were at best debatable and at worst clearly wrong.

I got one example - Livingston’s Holt was red carded on VAR review at Easter Rd. Although this was given as an example, many pundits agreed with the decision at the time.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 02:08 PM
I've already answered the why question.

You can't point to incompetency if there is no evidence of the same level/amount of decisions going our way and apparently you can't point toward or even remember any evidence of that.

Put me right then; why? Or at least give me the post number as reference. Need to be clear here. The why question is this; 'Why is there a deliberate attempt to give decisions against Hibs' is not answered by the fact that there have been bad decisions. That's circular reasoning. The fact that I can't point to positive decisions is, as I have already pointed out, a universal phenomenon amongst fans. Furthermore any lack of positive decisions is not proof of deliberate actions to make negative ones; that's false equivalence

I'm trying to keep this civil. I'm genuinely baffled by the conspiracy theory on this

Torto7
29-02-2024, 02:25 PM

Just find it depressing that after yet another bad decision there are pages of ludicrous statements

Utter pish and that way of thinking is part of the problem. The only ludicrous statement is yours.

Torto7
29-02-2024, 02:28 PM

It's true. He supported Rangers growing up.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 02:52 PM
Utter pish and that way of thinking is part of the problem. The only ludicrous statement is yours.

Charming. Would you care to elaborate? Same questions posed previously elsewhere. Is there a deliberate attempt to make decisions against Hibs and if there is, why is there this conspiracy?

If you could keep your response civil that would be appreciated but I hold no hopes for that

"That way of thinking is part of the problem". You mean not actively fostering a persecution complex? That's a problem??

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2024, 02:55 PM

Agreed.

It's absurd to think that a group of people have got together to conspire to give dodgy results against Hibs.

Absolutely mental and doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever.

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2024, 02:59 PM
I asked fans of other clubs to give examples of decisions that had gone against their clubs in favour of Hibs that were at best debatable and at worst clearly wrong.

I got one example - Livingston’s Holt was red carded on VAR review at Easter Rd. Although this was given as an example, many pundits agreed with the decision at the time.

My guess is that it's because you don't remember 'dodgy' decisions that go in your favour. You kinda smile, shrug your shoulders and move on.

There's never a 10 page thread about a penalty we got that we shouldn't have for example. Decisions going against you are just more memorable than ones that are in our favour.

Can you remember many bad decisions against us in games we won?!

Pagan Hibernia
29-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Agreed.

It's absurd to think that a group of people have got together to conspire to give dodgy results against Hibs.

I'd be inclined to agree.

Hibs simply are not important enough to the powers that be for that to be the case.

Refs are just hopeless.

PatHead
29-02-2024, 03:05 PM
Agreed.

Playing the devil's advocate here. It's acknowledged that to make it to the top as a Scottish referee you have to be attached to certain federations. Going by supporters of all other clubs it's widely believed that these associations are probably pro Old Firm.

Is it really that far a stretch to find that certain top referees don't like certain clubs and to remain in "the gang" and get the big games you have to tow the line?

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2024, 03:11 PM
Playing the devil's advocate here. It's acknowledged that to make it to the top as a Scottish referee you have to be attached to certain federations. Going by supporters of all other clubs it's widely believed that these associations are probably pro Old Firm.

Is it really that far a stretch to find that certain top referees don't like certain clubs and to remain in "the gang" and get the big games you have to tow the line?

Yup.

Refs have professional careers outside of the game. You think they will jeopardise that to keep a few folk at Ibrox happy?

Or at Tynecastle?

I mean, ffs, when did Hearts become important enough to have a a group of corrupt refs on their side?!

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 04:09 PM

Agree its very nature is a closed shop with refereeing being dominated basically throughout the history of Scottish football from the west of Scotland. Given the apparent power of the Old Firm and Rangers in particular it would imo be amazing if there wasn't favour or unconscious bias towards these clubs. Annoying them probably isn't the best career move. With all top refs either from or living in the West of Scotland the goldfish bowl effect is probably strong also allied to a conspicuously biased media. A decision against Rangers is reported on for weeks while us or others either not at all or quickly forgotten. There was only one Edinburgh referee doing the Scottish cup final in a hundred years. Wearing green will likely trigger some of the more bigoted refs with anecdotally a significant number of officials being Rangers fans not that surprising given the geographic gene pool drawn from. No doubt much easier to give a decision against Hibs than other teams and you only need took at the career of Craig Thompson to see where that can go.

Kato
29-02-2024, 06:59 PM
Put me right then; why? Or at least give me the post number as reference. Need to be clear here. The why question is this; 'Why is there a deliberate attempt to give decisions against Hibs' is not answered by the fact that there have been bad decisions. That's circular reasoning. The fact that I can't point to positive decisions is, as I have already pointed out, a universal phenomenon amongst fans. Furthermore any lack of positive decisions is not proof of deliberate actions to make negative ones; that's false equivalence

I'm trying to keep this civil. I'm genuinely baffled by the conspiracy theory on thisWhy are you struggling to keep it civil? Get a grip on yourself. Why the rush to the emotive term "conspiracy theory"?

Put it this way as a point of objectivity.

If you speak to football fans from outwith Scotland if any of them have paid even a small amount of attention they will know our game as one marked by sectarian bigotry. In fact the first question many people will ask is "Celtic or Rangers" knowing the deep, sectarian hatred between those two clubs. When asked the question once by an English fella I jokingly said Rangers and the next question was about Catholicism. I quickly dropped the charade and put him right, btw.

The modern face of sectarian bigotry follows the biggest two clubs around everywhere they go. Sectarian jokes, songs, banners and terms are bandied around and brushed off as though normal, because to them it is. That is the prism through which they view football.

To those outside Scotland football in Scotland has one touchstone, bigotry. Bigotry results in bias.

Top flight referees in Scotland all come from the area in which that bigotry permeates the game, whether it reveals itself as "banter" or actual bigotry. Any referee from outwith that geographical area very quickly hits a glass ceiling and their careers stall.

Now. To come to conclusion, as you do, that the culture of bigotry cannot make its way its way into Scottish refereeing circles and result in bias is naive in the extreme, you are an example of that naivety.

That's not a conspiracy theory, that's the actual cultural norm.

As someone said above they are scared of Celtic so they're bigotry might well come out due to how they see, through their weird parochial bigoted prism, Hibs.

So "why"? I'm saying bias, because of the weird bigotry that permeates the game here.

Bias - that's why.

You still haven't come up with an example of a spate or even a single wrong decision going in our favour.

I cannot think of one single wrong decision going in our way in a big game.

For objectivity look at Mattys post above where he asked fans from other clubs for controversial decisions going our way, which they would surely remember, and he was told of one - which was contentious.

Maybe you can think of some now that you've had time.

truehibernian
29-02-2024, 07:11 PM
Best referee we’ve had in the last two decades was Calum Murray - a hearts fan, but very fair, composed, impartial consistently and handled the heated and frenetic OF and derby games brilliantly.

As for Kevin Clancy, I’ve met him a few times and he’s not aloof but he is stand-off-ish, at first I thought it was natural shyness but as you got to know him I just found him very peculiar. He’s not biased just quite inept like most of our refs.

John Beaton is just a very ignorant and arrogant individual who thinks he’s some kind of football celebrity. You can also sense immediately that he doesn’t like officiating Hibs games.

Bakerman
29-02-2024, 07:19 PM
Best referee we’ve had in the last two decades was Calum Murray - a hearts fan, but very fair, composed, impartial consistently and handled the heated and frenetic OF and derby games brilliantly.

As for Kevin Clancy, I’ve met him a few times and he’s not aloof but he is stand-off-ish, at first I thought it was natural shyness but as you got to know him I just found him very peculiar. He’s not biased just quite inept like most of our refs.

John Beaton is just a very ignorant and arrogant individual who thinks he’s some kind of football celebrity. You can also sense immediately that he doesn’t like officiating Hibs games.

Honestly, no disrespect to you, but, the rules of football are universal, and inept doesn't begin to describe the amount of wrongful decisions against Hibernian v other big clubs. If it was the case of inept, we'd be getting the other 50 percent of inept decisions, but we don't. How come its always us that get the inept decisions against us. As others have said, we should get the next 20 years of inept decisions in our favour if that was the case.

truehibernian
29-02-2024, 07:26 PM
Honestly, no disrespect to you, but, the rules of football are universal, and inept doesn't begin to describe the amount of wrongful decisions against Hibernian v other big clubs. If it was the case of inept, we'd be getting the other 50 percent of inept decisions, but we don't. How come its always us that get the inept decisions against us. As others have said, we should get the next 20 years of inept decisions in our favour if that was the case.

I’m merely pointing out that our referees are inept, poor and I agree there is certainly evidence of conscious bias when you drill it down into individual decisions in games.

Here’s one though - if VAR was available in 2016 do you think Lewy would have been penalised for his push on Waghorn ? I know Lewy had his heart in his mouth 🙈

Hibee Mac
29-02-2024, 07:31 PM
I’m merely pointing out that our referees are inept, poor and I agree there is certainly evidence of conscious bias when you drill it down into individual decisions in games.

Here’s one though - if VAR was available in 2016 do you think Lewy would have been penalised for his push on Waghorn ? I know Lewy had his heart in his mouth [emoji85]Haha Ive always thought that about Lewy's push. We got away with one there, would have been soft as **** but given under VAR.

Maybe our horrendous luck with VAR is just a result of that one cup win decision going in our favour

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bakerman
29-02-2024, 07:33 PM

Here’s one though - if VAR was available in 2016 do you think Lewy would have been penalised for his push on Waghorn ? I know Lewy had his heart in his mouth 🙈

I have no idea what var would have done prior to its conception.

What I do know is that if they are inept as you state, then how come they're almost always inept against us in the big games especially? Its no disrespect to you at wanting to argue in favour of the referees, some folk will always say that there is no bias, inept, incompetence, sooner or later it will go for us, etc. There's no black or white, its all about supporter opinion. However, as i say, if it was down to pure ineptness, we're due decades of fortune from the officials.

Gmack7
29-02-2024, 07:33 PM

Aye, and the 2nd goal would likely have been ruled out for a push, but thankfully 🙏

truehibernian
29-02-2024, 07:39 PM
I have no idea what var would have done prior to its conception.

What I do know is that if they are inept as you state, then how come they're almost always inept against us in the big games especially? Its no disrespect to you at wanting to argue in favour of the referees, some folk will always say that there is no bias, inept, incompetence, sooner or later it will go for us, etc. There's no black or white, its all about supporter opinion. However, as i say, if it was down to pure ineptness, we're due decades of fortune from the officials.

Who says I’m in favour of our referees ??? I think they’re all poor - and I’ve met them all numerous numerous times. There’s no doubt we’ve been at the end of terrible decisions that’s not in doubt. I don’t think they’re corrupt though, just very very very poor and lack understanding of the game and rules on occasion. Every team could argue poor decisions mate.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 07:57 PM
Why are you struggling to keep it civil? Get a grip on yourself. Why the rush to the emotive term "conspiracy theory"?

I'm struggling to keep it civil because I'm faced with arguing against an absurd premise and to merely mock it is impolite. You see no need for civility? Happy with that. Yes it is an emotive term. It's a term used to try and describe those who present alternative explanations which don't use evidence but present these explanations as the 'real story'

Put it this way as a point of objectivity.

Irony only experienced by other people clearly. You are arguing on a subjective point of view with a strong whiff of exceptionalism.

If you speak to football fans from outwith Scotland if any of them have paid even a small amount of attention they will know our game as one marked by sectarian bigotry. In fact the first question many people will ask is "Celtic or Rangers" knowing the deep, sectarian hatred between those two clubs. When asked the question once by an English fella I jokingly said Rangers and the next question was about Catholicism. I quickly dropped the charade and put him right, btw.

The modern face of sectarian bigotry follows the biggest two clubs around everywhere they go. Sectarian jokes, songs, banners and terms are bandied around and brushed off as though normal, because to them it is. That is the prism through which they view football.

To those outside Scotland football in Scotland has one touchstone, bigotry. Bigotry results in bias.
Little to argue with in that. Disappointingly :na na:

Top flight referees in Scotland all come from the area in which that bigotry permeates the game, whether it reveals itself as "banter" or actual bigotry. Any referee from outwith that geographical area very quickly hits a glass ceiling and their careers stall.

And here you start to unravel

Now. To come to conclusion, as you do, that the culture of bigotry cannot make its way its way into Scottish refereeing circles and result in bias is naive in the extreme, you are an example of that naivety.

No. A conclusion I have not made based upon premises I have not and will not state. This is basic debating stuff; to argue against a point not made to reinforce a weak point of argument. Adding in a term which suggests stupidity or lack of awareness often follows as it does here. Thanks for the attempt at being patronising though; it makes the dropping of civility much easier

That's not a conspiracy theory, that's the actual cultural norm.

Having just learned how to multiquote I thought I'd use my comment on this non-sequitur to mention the fact. And I suppose to show I'm giving this more credence than it probably deserves

As someone said above they are scared of Celtic so they're bigotry might well come out due to how they see, through their weird parochial bigoted prism, Hibs.

I understand. You were gripped by passionate righteousness so were typing fast

You still haven't come up with an example of a spate or even a single wrong decision going in our favour.

I cannot think of one single wrong decision going in our way in a big game.

For objectivity look at Mattys post above where he asked fans from other clubs for controversial decisions going our way, which they would surely remember, and he was told of one - which was contentious.

Maybe you can think of some now that you've had time.

As I've said already and as others have pointed out fans do not remember controversial decisions in their favour. That is the nature of fandom which despite our differences is a trait we do share. As a relevant aside a Celtic fan friend of mine sent me a website a number of years ago which was set up by some nutter to list in detail every decision against his beloved team. It was hilarious. Rather than merely laughable.

So your premise as I understand it is that decisions are made not as a planned campaign but through unconscious anti Catholic bias using Hibs as some sort of surrogate Celtic. The ref against Aberdeen couldn't give a decision against Celtic (or would be afraid to) because he wasn't refereeing their game; we had to suffice. With age comes great experience and clearly drugs were stronger in the seventies

Keep up the debating though. With enough practice you could get competent.

Happy to stop or continue this debate. Referees are utterly inept is my premise. That is bad enough for fans of most teams. We do not need further erroneous 'explanations'

Kato
29-02-2024, 08:04 PM
I'm struggling to keep it civil because I'm faced with arguing against an absurd premise and to merely mock it is impolite. You see no need for civility? Happy with that. Yes it is an emotive term. It's a term used to try and describe those who present alternative explanations which don't use evidence but present these explanations as the 'real story'

Irony only experienced by other people clearly. You are arguing on a subjective point of view with a strong whiff of exceptionalism.

No. A conclusion I have not made based upon premises I have not and will not state. This is basic debating stuff; to argue against a point not made to reinforce a weak point of argument. Adding in a term which suggests stupidity or lack of awareness often follows as it does here. Thanks for the attempt at being patronising though; it makes the dropping of civility much easier

Having just learned how to multiquote I thought I'd use my comment on this non-sequitur to mention the fact. And I suppose to show I'm giving this more credence than it probably deserves

As I've said already and as others have pointed out fans do not remember controversial decisions in their favour. That is the nature of fandom which despite our differences is a trait we do share. As a relevant aside a Celtic fan friend of mine sent me a website a number of years ago which was set up by some nutter to list in detail every decision against his beloved team. It was hilarious. Rather than merely laughable.

So your premise as I understand it is that decisions are made not as a planned campaign but through unconscious anti Catholic bias using Hibs as some sort of surrogate Celtic. The ref against Aberdeen couldn't give a decision against Celtic (or would be afraid to) because he wasn't refereeing their game; we had to suffice. With age comes great experience and clearly drugs were stronger in the seventies

Happy to stop or continue this debate. Referees are utterly inept is my premise. That is bad enough for fans of most teams. We do not need further erroneous 'explanations'So your denying that a cultural norm in Scotland could ever have an affect on certain people and being snooty with it.

Fair enough.

Bakerman
29-02-2024, 08:13 PM

Happy to stop or continue this debate. Referees are utterly inept is my premise. That is bad enough for fans of most teams. We do not need further erroneous 'explanations'

Sound exactly like a lawyer would. Full of impressive jargon, until boiling it down to 'inept'.

Fans of teams certainly do know whether or not, they are the establishment's favorites, and are the normal beneficiaries of the inept decisions. We are normally at the other side of the inept decisions, normally the casualties of inept decisions, hardly ever the beneficiaries.

However, it is all subjective, and supporter opinion, but as said, if it is innocent ineptness, we are due decades of being the beneficiaries of the innocent ineptness, and not the casualties of it.

PatHead
29-02-2024, 08:21 PM

You and others believe what you want, I and others can believe what we want. This is not a new thing. I remember Eddie Turnbull and Tam Preston telling me how it went on in the 50s and 60s.

Just picked up more now because of TV coverage.

I have also been at dinners where referees joked about their bias towards Rangers.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 08:31 PM
You believe what you want,

I will. I actually believe it; I'm not arguing for the sake of it

. This is not a new thing. I remember Eddie Turnbull and Tam Preston telling me how it went on in the 50s and 60s.

Oh it happened in those days. I don't doubt it and who would argue with those great men. But now? For reference I worked over 20 years ago with a ref who was retired. Sadly no longer with us. We had regular chats. One day I asked him about this and he confirmed it had been the case but was already dying out by the early 70s and certainly by the time he was doing finals that had gone. He was still angry that it had ever happened though

I have also been at dinners where referees joked about their bias towards Rangers.

That's just playing up to a cliche for easy laughs like Irish jokes or mother-in-law jokes. Not to be taken seriously on any level

Lester B
29-02-2024, 08:34 PM
So your denying that a cultural norm in Scotland could ever have an affect on certain people and being snooty with it.

Fair enough.

See my comment at Post #174 about the ex-ref I knew. Snooty???:faf:

Lester B
29-02-2024, 08:35 PM
Sound exactly like a lawyer would..

Not guilty of that accusation :rolleyes:

Kato
29-02-2024, 08:38 PM
See my comment at Post #174 about the ex-ref I knew. Snooty???:faf:What has the opinion of someone who had retired more than 20 years ago got to do with now?

Bakerman
29-02-2024, 08:39 PM

Oh it happened in those days. I don't doubt it and who would argue with those great men. But now? For reference I worked over 20 years ago with a ref who was retired. Sadly no longer with us. We had regular chats. One day I asked him about this and he confirmed it had been the case but was already dying out by the early 70s and certainly by the time he was doing finals that had gone. He was still angry that it had ever happened though

That's just playing up to a cliche for easy laughs like Irish jokes or mother-in-law jokes. Not to be taken seriously on any level

Dying out in the early seventies, Bob Valentine and Brian McGinley were just getting started back in the very early seventies really. Mike McCurry, Hugh Dallas, Allan Freeman, Craig Thompson, Craig Napier etc. Think you've got the wrong end of the stick Lester.

Kato
29-02-2024, 08:39 PM

"Brushed off as banter."

Lester B
29-02-2024, 08:43 PM
What has the opinion of someone who had retired more than 20 years ago got to do with now?

He was a referee and then a supervisor and remained one until 2018 when he finally retired. I'll take his view over yours any day

This is classic conspiracy theory stuff. The mistrust of experts

Lester B
29-02-2024, 08:46 PM
Dying out in the early seventies, Bob Valentine and Brian McGinley were just getting started back in the very early seventies really. Mike McCurry, Hugh Dallas, Allan Freeman, Craig Thompson, Craig Napier etc. Think you've got the wrong end of the stick Lester.

Reporting what I was told Bakerman. No reason to doubt it. At least two (three I think IIRC) of the names on that list were described my colleague as either useless or stupid. Not actively corrupt. He said they weren't bright enough to be crafty :greengrin

Lester B
29-02-2024, 08:47 PM
"Brushed off as banter."

Ah quoting yourself. You clutch them straws good 'n' tight boy

Kato
29-02-2024, 08:50 PM
Ah quoting yourself. You clutch them straws good 'n' tight boyQuoting myself as its accurate.

I pointed it out as a common excuse and along you come....

Bakerman
29-02-2024, 08:50 PM
Reporting what I was told Bakerman. No reason to doubt it. At least two (three I think IIRC) of the names on that list were described my colleague as either useless or stupid.

Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not doubting your sincerity, just the overall veracity of opinion that its down to ineptness. I have no truck with those who believe otherwise, as it is all down to, as you say, subjective thought, and opinion. We're due a heck of a lot of beneficial ineptness if it is purely down to that. :aok:

Kato
29-02-2024, 08:51 PM
He was a referee and then a supervisor and remained one until 2018 when he finally retired. I'll take his view over yours any day

Do you imagine he was going to tell you the truth if they are biased.

Naive.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 09:01 PM
Quoting myself as its accurate.

I pointed it out as a common excuse and along you come....

Well it's grammatically accurate. Unlike...

Let me point out that sir's apparent silver bullet is in fact a sugar puff spray painted

Jokes about favouring Rangers is indeed passed off as Banter. It's a poor attempt at being funny and plays to the perceived prejudices of the crowd. An easy laugh. There is not always a deep hidden underlying truth to it. If ever. Sometimes jokes are just jokes

You're very happy with your underlying thesis. I won't change that. I genuinely, despite the digs, would like to as it's not accurate in this century and is based upon what was rather than what is

Which returns me to my original point. The state of officiating is at an all time low. That needs fixed somehow and no I don't know how. That's enough of a problem. Paranoia and talk of vendettas (no you didn't use that word, cool your heels, it's my interpretation of what some others have written) hinders rather than helps

Kato
29-02-2024, 09:04 PM
Reporting what I was told Bakerman. No reason to doubt it. At least two (three I think IIRC) of the names on that list were described my colleague as either useless or stupid. Not actively corrupt. He said they weren't bright enough to be crafty :greengrinBTW that'll cover the era when Jim Farry deliberately botched the registration of Jorge Cadette and Hugh Dallas was caught sending sectarian emails "as banter".

He sounds as naive/disingenuous as you.

PatHead
29-02-2024, 09:05 PM

Find your last comment demeaning and insulting. I think I know when someone is joking and when they are serious especially when they give examples.

I believe Scottish football is corrupt. Nothing you say will change my thoughts. I have seen enough over the last 50 years to come to that decision.

Let's just leave it at that.

Kato
29-02-2024, 09:09 PM
Well it's grammatically accurate. Unlike...

Let me point out that sir's apparent silver bullet is in fact a sugar puff spray painted

Jokes about favouring Rangers is indeed passed off as Banter. It's a poor attempt at being funny and plays to the perceived prejudices of the crowd. An easy laugh. There is not always a deep hidden underlying truth to it. If ever. Sometimes jokes are just jokes

You're very happy with your underlying thesis. I won't change that. I genuinely, despite the digs, would like to as it's not accurate in this century and is based upon what was rather than what is

Which returns me to my original point. The state of officiating is at an all time low. That needs fixed somehow and no I don't know how. That's enough of a problem. Paranoia and talk of vendettas (no you didn't use that word, cool your heels, it's my interpretation of what some others have written) hinders rather than helpsIt's possible to show ineptness and bias. Bigots tend not to be the cleverest.

It's possible to fix both although maybe they go hand in hand.

I'd believe the imeptness if favoured us but have yet to see you supply us with examples. Poking at, what you see as, fun doesn't make for a very good case.

Your < wellcome < to carry on in you're < own wee, naive world.

Typos supplied to allow you're < jollies.

Kato
29-02-2024, 09:14 PM

Making excuses for bigotry.

Poor.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 09:20 PM
Don't get me wrong mate, I'm not doubting your sincerity, just the overall veracity of opinion that its down to ineptness. I have no truck with those who believe otherwise, as it is all down to, as you say, subjective thought, and opinion. We're due a heck of a lot of beneficial ineptness if it is purely down to that. :aok:

Thanks for that reply I really appreciate it. I am getting annoyed with some people on this thread, perhaps too much. I hope our decisions change but if we lose a man in the first minute against Ross County and get two dodgy penalties against us then I'm going to look pretty silly having to reverse my opinion. I like the phrase 'beneficial ineptness' and will attempt to use it on Mrs LB later this evening at bedtime:rolleyes:

zitelli62
29-02-2024, 09:20 PM
Mentioned this on here before I was at a sportsman dinner where a well known West of Scotland referee was the speaker after the speeches he sat at our table where the banter was flowing then admitted in 20 years he gave plenty penalties to rangers but never one against corruption to the core.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 09:23 PM
Find your last comment demeaning and insulting. I think I know when someone is joking and when they are serious especially when they give examples.

I believe Scottish football is corrupt. Nothing you say will change my thoughts. I have seen enough over the last 50 years to come to that decision.

Let's just leave it at that.

My sincere apologies sir. I may have become exercised in debates with some but I meant absolutely no offence to you with that comment at all.

We will indeed continue to differ but no insult was meant and I completely regret any caused. Wholly unintentional.

Bakerman
29-02-2024, 09:25 PM
Thanks for that reply I really appreciate it. I am getting annoyed with some people on this thread, perhaps too much. I hope our decisions change but if we lose a man in the first minute against Ross County and get two dodgy penalties against us then I'm going to look pretty silly having to reverse my opinion. I like the phrase 'beneficial ineptness' and will attempt to use it on Mrs LB later this evening at bedtime:rolleyes:

Yeah me too mate, its about time we got some of the decisions our way in the future, especially in the big games.

Hope Mrs LB doesn't give you a slap before ordering you to the spare :greengrin

Night fella.

matty_f
29-02-2024, 09:27 PM
My guess is that it's because you don't remember 'dodgy' decisions that go in your favour. You kinda smile, shrug your shoulders and move on.

There's never a 10 page thread about a penalty we got that we shouldn't have for example. Decisions going against you are just more memorable than ones that are in our favour.

Can you remember many bad decisions against us in games we won?!

Trust me, I remember them !

The question i asked wasn’t about ones that went in their team’s favour, though - it was decisions that went in our favour against their team. Those are the ones that fans remember. I got one back, and we threw in the red card for a high foot against Killie where the referee overturned his yellow card after a VAR review, though that was actually a correct decision.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Mentioned this on here before I was at a sportsman dinner where a well known West of Scotland referee was the speaker after the speeches he sat at our table where the banter was flowing then admitted in 20 years he gave plenty penalties to rangers but never one against corruption to the core.

Bizarrely referees apparently got to choose where their final game was. Loads choose Ibrox with famously one playing additional injury time only for Kilmarnock to score the winner.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 09:32 PM
It's possible to show ineptness and bias. Bigots tend not to be the cleverest.

It's possible to fix both although maybe they go hand in hand.

I'd believe the imeptness if favoured us but have yet to see you supply us with examples. Poking at, what you see as, fun doesn't make for a very good case.

Your < wellcome < to carry on in you're < own wee, naive world.

Typos supplied to allow you're < jollies.

OK. The digs were a low blow and were I'm afraid indicative of frustration. I apologise for those. It does weaken my case and I do believe it to be a strong case based upon as much objectivity as I can muster given I'm as annoyed as everyone else by that decision last night

I do not expect you to apologise for suggestions of naivety and excusing bigotry. I will not dignify them with further retorts though

However I still don't believe there's anything other than incompetence at play here. I'm not going to change your mind nor will you change mine. Shall we leave it at that and just hope for a win at the weekend and another Scottish Cup with Clancy refereeing the final :wink:

One Day Soon
29-02-2024, 09:33 PM
If you don’t think Scottish football is riddled with corruption, cheating, bias and incompetence you’re either remarkably naive or you haven’t been paying attention.

matty_f
29-02-2024, 09:34 PM

There are many stories like this. It’s in plain sight where they actually tell it they’ve done it and still there are people that think we’re just being paranoid.

Hugh Dallas had to resign after sending a sectarian email, Jim Farry held up transfer paperwork so Celtic couldn’t register a player, a referee resigned fairly recently after (iirc) lying about a decision that was made.

It would be magic if it was just wee mistakes that every team were on the end of at roughly similar frequency but that’s not where we are.

Lester B
29-02-2024, 09:35 PM
Yeah me too mate, its about time we got some of the decisions our way in the future, especially in the big games.

Hope Mrs LB doesn't give you a slap before ordering you to the spare :greengrin

Night fella.

God I've been being sincere for hours. I needed that belly laugh your comment gave me. Time to lighten up I think

Thanks mate

One Day Soon
29-02-2024, 09:44 PM
There are many stories like this. It’s in plain sight where they actually tell it they’ve done it and still there are people that think we’re just being paranoid.

Hugh Dallas had to resign after sending a sectarian email, Jim Farry held up transfer paperwork so Celtic couldn’t register a player, a referee resigned fairly recently after (iirc) lying about a decision that was made.

It would be magic if it was just wee mistakes that every team were on the end of at roughly similar frequency but that’s not where we are.

Bloody hell Matty, how many netters watched that home-made Celtc conspiracy video?

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2024, 10:23 PM
Trust me, I remember them !

The question i asked wasn’t about ones that went in their team’s favour, though - it was decisions that went in our favour against their team. Those are the ones that fans remember. I got one back, and we threw in the red card for a high foot against Killie where the referee overturned his yellow card after a VAR review, though that was actually a correct decision.

I regularly complain that we never get VAR decisions in our favour. I genuinely can't remember the last one we got. When at ER when we're playing the old firm, I'll shout and moan about bias and conspiracy as much as anyone.

Based on that, it's easy for me to mona about VAR being a disgrace and maybe even corrupt, but I bet the truth is that we've had plenty go our way.

I'd imagine fans of every other club think similarly, and that everyone is out to get them.

Celtic and Rangers fans certainly do. Mental, when you consider that everyone else things they get everything in their favour.

Is it not simply that as we're fans, we're kinda irrational about these things, and do a certain amount of mental gymnastics to convince ourselves ?!

Kato
29-02-2024, 10:49 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Q80vWbj/20240218-233627.jpg (https://ibb.co/DGdfBVg)

matty_f
29-02-2024, 11:11 PM
I regularly complain that we never get VAR decisions in our favour. I genuinely can't remember the last one we got. When at ER when we're playing the old firm, I'll shout and moan about bias and conspiracy as much as anyone.

Based on that, it's easy for me to mona about VAR being a disgrace and maybe even corrupt, but I bet the truth is that we've had plenty go our way.

I'd imagine fans of every other club think similarly, and that everyone is out to get them.

Celtic and Rangers fans certainly do. Mental, when you consider that everyone else things they get everything in their favour.

Is it not simply that as we're fans, we're kinda irrational about these things, and do a certain amount of mental gymnastics to convince ourselves ?!

I don't know if I'm not getting where you're coming from or vice versa.

The question we asked other fans was to tell us when the ref or VAR has shafted them in favour of Hibs.

The equivalent would be how long I'll remember that Clancy did us over last night - it went against us and so it fuels the anger and is more memorable.

I'm not asking other teams' fans to remember decisions that went FOR them against us, it's when they've been done over (i.e. the memorable ones) and Hibs have benefited.

Like I said, we got one response - Livi having Holt sent off at Easter Road, which was at best debatable as being a wrong decision, many pundits had it as the right call, though.

So when asked for examples of VAR going our way from other fans, we got one. We put the question to Tom English earlier as well, and he didn't have one off the top of his head, though he did point to the fact that we'd remember them better than he does as we only look at our own ones.

matty_f
29-02-2024, 11:12 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Q80vWbj/20240218-233627.jpg (https://ibb.co/DGdfBVg)

Is that fouls per booking? Amazing that those two clubs have accidentally ended up at the right end of that table again.

Kato
29-02-2024, 11:20 PM
Is that fouls per booking? Amazing that those two clubs have accidentally ended up at the right end of that table again.Fouls per booking. It's spread-sheet gymnastics as opposed to the mental kind. From a couple of weeks ago now. I might make an update after the weekend.

Forza Fred
01-03-2024, 01:58 AM
Cutting through all the ‘we wuz robbed’ posts…it would be a good move on the part of the governing bodies…and great for transparency, if after contentious VAR decisions they simply explained the reasoning behind that decision.

That way, while not necessarily obtaining agreement with the paying public, they at least could provide a degree of clarity.

For instance, in this decision what originally did the referee award a penalty for, what observations did the VAR officials provide to the referee with the advice to review, and after reviewing, why did the referee still consider it a penalty?

Players and managers are held to account for their actions, and while I don’t see a benefit in ‘interrogation’ of referees, I don’t see why refs shouldn’t reasonably be either, and a short two or three paragraph explanation would do wonders for transparency.

JimBHibees
01-03-2024, 06:01 AM
Is that fouls per booking? Amazing that those two clubs have accidentally ended up at the right end of that table again.

Both are huge outliers particularly Rangers of course. Excellent example was Walsh immediately booking Boyle for us v Celtic and then ignoring totally Cantwells ridiculous dive when they played Aberdeen.

JimBHibees
01-03-2024, 06:06 AM
Cutting through all the ‘we wuz robbed’ posts…it would be a good move on the part of the governing bodies…and great for transparency, if after contentious VAR decisions they simply explained the reasoning behind that decision.

That way, while not necessarily obtaining agreement with the paying public, they at least could provide a degree of clarity.

For instance, in this decision what originally did the referee award a penalty for, what observations did the VAR officials provide to the referee with the advice to review, and after reviewing, why did the referee still consider it a penalty?

Players and managers are held to account for their actions, and while I don’t see a benefit in ‘interrogation’ of referees, I don’t see why refs shouldn’t reasonably be either, and a short two or three paragraph explanation would do wonders for transparency.

Agree Fred they tried that a few years back when there were calls for the same. Refs always used to baulk at being asked to explain decisions after a game so a system was set up on the SFA site for an explanation of contentious decisions for the weekend before. Thought it was a very good idea but after being done for a short time it was stopped completely. Refs in general do seem to be a secretive bunch and reluctant to explain why they give decisions. It was called Whistleblower.

From what I remember what it did do was better understand the context of the decision made e.g positioning, speed it happened, their view etc which made you more understanding of the decision made and the extreme difficulty of their role. I don't think in any way it helps them by being silent on these things and creates an air of unaccountability and arrogance. Putting that alongside the landscape of Scottish refereeing eg always been dominated from a particular part of Scotland it isn't a good look and they should be hiring a marketing consultancy to improve their image as at present it is an appalling one.

PatHead
01-03-2024, 06:56 AM
Maybe this was the closed shop referee's response to our complaint the other week.

Send a high profile one out to make a point. No more criticism or else.

wookie70
01-03-2024, 10:06 AM

Players and managers are held to account for their actions, and while I don’t see a benefit in ‘interrogation’ of referees, I don’t see why refs shouldn’t reasonably be either, and a short two or three paragraph explanation would do wonders for transparency. They won't explain their decisions as they would end up frequently having two contrary explanations for similar incidents and in time a pattern would show bias. Bookings show that pretty clearly year on year.

Not In The Know
01-03-2024, 10:15 AM

So the second least fouls committed but the 4th highest booked! WTAF!!!

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2024, 10:51 AM
And the SFA wonder why none of our ref's get to the World Cup or the European Championships.

:top marks

Made this point myself a number of times. The fact we rarely qualify should make our refs more likely to get a gig in these competitions, because they would obviously have no reason to make a decision that could work in their nation's favour.

Instead they are consistently overlooked, whereas refs from leagues even smaller than ours are not. Clearly it isn't just Scottish football fans that think our refs are rubbish, UEFA and FIFA do as well. The biggest, but hardly surprising, thing about it all is that the SFA don't seem to see this as a problem that needs fixing.

Pagan Hibernia
01-03-2024, 11:27 AM
We're bound to be near the bottom of the penalties for and against differential table

Zazu62
01-03-2024, 11:44 AM
It’s quite funny the silence now a couple of days after getting shafted again. Completely swept under the carpet. If it was Rangers or Celtic it would be carnage. But then again would Clancy have awarded the penalty in the first place?

HoboHarry
01-03-2024, 11:44 AM
:top marks

Made this point myself a number of times. The fact we rarely qualify should make our refs more likely to get a gig in these competitions, because they would obviously have no reason to make a decision that could work in their nation's favour.

Instead they are consistently overlooked, whereas refs from leagues even smaller than ours are not. Clearly it isn't just Scottish football fans that think our refs are rubbish, UEFA and FIFA do as well. The biggest, but hardly surprising, thing about it all is that the SFA don't seem to see this as a problem that needs fixing.
Same here, I've been saying the same for years and the only sensible thing I can think of is that they are happier in their cozy wee clique marking their own homework instead of going into Europe and facing real scrutiny.

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2024, 12:00 PM
What’s done is done maybe’s Hibs should do a The Rangers and say they no longer want Kevin Clancy to officiate at their games as a vote of no confidence to pile the pressure on the beleaguered official who clearly cannot handle big matches

Edit:

Why is the VAR monitor at Tiny over in the Hearts jungle beside all the radges ?

Surely would be better beside the Coaches dugouts and the 4th Official ?

Another example of bad design at the Gorgie Hotel ?

Brightside
01-03-2024, 12:15 PM
What’s done is done maybe’s Hibs should do a The Rangers and say they no longer want Kevin Clancy to officiate at their games as a vote of no confidence to pile on the pressure on the beleaguered official who clearly cannot handle big matches

Edit:

Why is the VAR monitor at Tiny over in the Hearts jungle beside all the radges ?

Surely would be better beside the Coaches dugouts and the 4th Official

Another example of bad design at the Gorgie Hotel ?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben hasn't already discussed this with SFA

PatHead
01-03-2024, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Ben hasn't already discussed this with SFA

I would be more surprised if he hasn't.

Chorley Hibee
01-03-2024, 12:59 PM
:agree: Absolute *****bags. The usual roasters on here are trying to dampen down any anger as well. I had a quick look at the weegie press and it was all abot contentious decisions in the Hun game. Keep getting shafted Hibs.

Looks like the Aberdeen statement was just to appease people before the AGM.

I asked for them to start being consistent and continually call it out, but not surprised they've resorted to cowering away once again.

PatHead
01-03-2024, 03:59 PM
Who says they have? Maybe waiting on SFA getting back or issuing a statement.

lyonhibs
02-03-2024, 04:45 PM
So the second least fouls committed but the 4th highest booked! WTAF!!!

Depends on the nature,or perceived nature, of the fouls will be a factor also