PDA

View Full Version : Persevere

RIP
23-02-2024, 09:26 PM
I'm absolutely buzzing for the game tomorrow. As much as it is a test of the new look Hibs, it will be an even bigger test of the voices in the stand.

Managers and players come and go. So do owners and directors. We, the Hibs Supporters follow our club our whole lives.

We don't wait for the players to be one goal up before we cheer on the team. We cheer on the team to motivate them to fight for every ball. And until the final whistle tomorrow we will be singing, clapping and cheering them every step of the way.

I'm so determined to see the men in green walk around our stadium tomorrow at 5 o'clock to a standing ovation. That will give them such a boost in the fight for Top 6.

We can be Hibs12thMan tomorrow!!
GGTTH
🇳🇬💚

NC1875
23-02-2024, 09:36 PM
A standing ovation if they manage to beat the mighty Dundee ?

Dearie me 🙈

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 09:40 PM

Dearie me ��

:agree:

And, I'll hope to be on my way to my car at 5pm. However, I suspect the OP has had a few glasses of strong beer, completely acceptable, on a Friday evening, gaun yersel Sir. Mon Hibs, Victory tomorow, and we're on our way, from misery to happiness today Proclaimers 1988

NC1875
23-02-2024, 09:41 PM
Think he’s been in the Persevere

Carheenlea
23-02-2024, 09:44 PM

Dearie me ��

The players get a standing ovation with any win, regardless of how high or low the calibre of opposition is, and rightly so.

We go hoping to see our team win, and when it happens they get thanked for making our weekend. I can’t say I’ve ever just got up and walked out without acknowledging the team at the end of any win?

JimBHibees
23-02-2024, 09:45 PM

Dearie me 🙈

Absolutely it is a huge game

JimBHibees
23-02-2024, 09:46 PM
I'm absolutely buzzing for the game tomorrow. As much as it is a test of the new look Hibs, it will be an even bigger test of the voices in the stand.

Managers and players come and go. So do owners and directors. We, the Hibs Supporters follow our club our whole lives.

We don't wait for the players to be one goal up before we cheer on the team. We cheer on the team to motivate them to fight for every ball. And until the final whistle tomorrow we will be singing, clapping and cheering them every step of the way.

I'm so determined to see the men in green walk around our stadium tomorrow at 5 o'clock to a standing ovation. That will give them such a boost in the fight for Top 6.

GGTTH
🇳🇬💚

Couldn't agree more about time particularly the home fans started getting right behind the team. :flag:

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 09:47 PM
The players get a standing ovation with any win, regardless of how high or low the calibre of opposition is, and rightly so.

We go hoping to see our team win, and when it happens they get thanked for making our weekend. I can’t say I’ve ever just got up and walked out without acknowledging the team at the end of any win?

Not always from everyone. My Dad followed hibernian everywhere, to every match hail rain or shine. He'd arrive at least 2 hours before the match, read the papers, have a flask of coffee, but always leave at least 5 minutes before the end to, get a flyer as he called it. Not everyone's the same as you mate.

Hibeesdaft16
23-02-2024, 09:55 PM
Just win Hibernian, please.

Keepthefaith
23-02-2024, 10:12 PM

GGTTH
🇳🇬💚

Well said! It's what we do in away games more frequently, so why not at home too? I'm in the east and so many folks around me are so quiet, some hardly even clap!

We're called supporters for a reason. Let's do what it says on the tin 💚

Shrekko
23-02-2024, 10:42 PM

The stadium is generally more than half empty when the whistle blows at ER even when we win and a lot more clear out before the players come to them. Only time they get a proper ovation is when they beat Hearts. Always think that’s a pity- good to have a proper bond with the players.

et_hibby
23-02-2024, 10:45 PM
Think he’s been in the Persevere

As have we all! 👌

RIP
24-02-2024, 04:53 AM

Dearie me 🙈

Mightier than us this season Batman.

Looking down on so-called 'Lesser Teams' is evidence of a weak mentality and why we fail as a club. We've averaged 6th in the past 30 years with lots of smaller clubs finishing above us. We have no automatic right to beat anyone.

If we try treating today's game like a cup tie we have a chance. Both on the park and in the stands

Jones28
24-02-2024, 06:17 AM

Dearie me 🙈

And people wonder why the atmosphere is like a library at ER.

Hibeesdaft16
24-02-2024, 06:34 AM
And people wonder why the atmosphere is like a library at ER.

The team and the people in charge of the footballing side of the club are to blame and not our support.

Not In The Know
24-02-2024, 06:40 AM

GGTTH
������

well said mate. Let’s be positive.

and to anyone being negative to the OP. My mum once said if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.

Jones28
24-02-2024, 06:41 AM
The team and the people in charge of the footballing side of the club are to blame and not our support.

There is, but with attitudes like that it’s hardly helpful is it?

Keith_M
24-02-2024, 07:24 AM
Poster encourages fans to get behind the team vocally and improve the atmosphere.

Poster gets pelters.

Episode #18657

superfurryhibby
24-02-2024, 07:29 AM
Poster encourages fans to get behind the team vocally and improve the atmosphere.

Poster gets pelters.

Episode #18657

By one person😀

Team plays well, fans will show support. Its a big game today, I’m travelling a long way to watch and looking forward to a strong Hibs performance.

C’mon the Hibees.

Ronniekirk
24-02-2024, 07:33 AM
Dundee have sold out thier allocation so will have a noisey backing Hibs fans need to make sure the home team is vocally supported well today It’s a must win game so let roar the team on to victory

degenerated
24-02-2024, 07:45 AM
There is, but with attitudes like that it’s hardly helpful is it?It's the sort of attitude that you would expect from Rangers or Celtic fans.

flash
24-02-2024, 08:01 AM
By one person😀

Team plays well, fans will show support. Its a big game today, I’m travelling a long way to watch and looking forward to a strong Hibs performance.

C’mon the Hibees.

Do we not support from kick off rather than waiting to see if the team are playing well?

Since452
24-02-2024, 08:05 AM
There will always be an expectation from the fans that we beat Dundee. Same with St Mirren. If it's not going well the fans will quickly turn. Let's just hope we get an early goatand build some momentum.

Bridge hibs
24-02-2024, 08:08 AM
There will always be an expectation from the fans that we beat Dundee. Same with St Mirren. If it's not going well the fans will quickly turn. Let's just hope we get an early goatand build some momentum.

Mon the early Goats 😁

Keith_M
24-02-2024, 08:14 AM
I've decided to turn up two hours early with a big drum*

* Borrowed from my mate from Lanarkshire, Mr Boyne.

BoomtownHibees
24-02-2024, 08:21 AM
Looking down on so-called 'Lesser Teams' is evidence of a weak mentality and why we fail as a club

I actually reckon it’s the exact opposite. I’m of the opinion that the players should be told in no uncertain terms that they play for Hibernian and losing to teams like Dundee is unacceptable

Listen to John McGinn when he talks about the cup replay in 2016. Those players had a bit of swagger, knowing before a ball was kicked that they were winning that game no matter what. That’s what we need now imo

JimBHibees
24-02-2024, 08:38 AM

Poster gets pelters.

Episode #18657

Yep it is pathetic

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2024, 09:25 AM
The fans always the support the team from kickoff. It's never been an issue before and won't be today.

How we react during the game will be down to the performance of the players.

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2024, 09:27 AM
Yep it is pathetic

One person said "Dearie me".

That constitutes pathetic these days?!!

JimBHibees
24-02-2024, 09:46 AM
One person said "Dearie me".

That constitutes pathetic these days?!!

Pretty much.

Smartie
24-02-2024, 10:03 AM
I share the OPs enthusiasm.

For various reasons I’ve not been to many games this season, in fact, covid aside this is the longest I’ve gone without going to Easter Road since early 1992 - when I was 14.

Big game, with a lot riding on it, including (possibly) a manager’s job and the direction of the club for the foreseeable.

So whilst I acknowledge that it isn’t a Scottish Cup final or a big European tie, I’m certainly having no issues getting myself motivated to stagger up the hill and go to the game, unlike so many other occasions in recent years.

Up-the-slope
24-02-2024, 10:04 AM
well said mate. Let’s be positive.

and to anyone being negative to the OP. My mum once said if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.

I can tell you my Mum said the same thing.... but it was a lot more than once :greengrin

DIXIHIBS
24-02-2024, 10:23 AM
Hope the manager has the players told the importance of this game. I think anything less than a win today will ramp up the pressure on Monty. Lets hope the players give the manager their all (sure they will btw). A win will really lift the support i think. Cmon the hibees.

BILLYHIBS
24-02-2024, 10:31 AM
Must win game drop any points and this place will be carnage

NC1875
24-02-2024, 11:04 AM
I actually reckon it’s the exact opposite. I’m of the opinion that the players should be told in no uncertain terms that they play for Hibernian and losing to teams like Dundee is unacceptable

Listen to John McGinn when he talks about the cup replay in 2016. Those players had a bit of swagger, knowing before a ball was kicked that they were winning that game no matter what. That’s what we need now imo

Exactly. Some one posting that expecting to beat Dundee is a weak mentality. What a load of *****.

We’ve been mediocre for years because of a weak mentality.

The fans will back the players and manager when they deserve it. Talk of standing ovations if they manage to beat Dundee after the run we’ve been on ?

Not for me.

My opinion of standing ovation is more of the whole stadium staying back to applaud the players. Like after a derby win.

Drumlanrig
24-02-2024, 11:09 AM

Dearie me 🙈

Lighten up mate. He guy’s just trying to lift the support!

Donegal Hibby
24-02-2024, 11:44 AM
Fancy Boyle today for the first Hibs goal today , think he's looked good recently.

NC1875
24-02-2024, 11:52 AM
Lighten up mate. He guy’s just trying to lift the support!

I know mate. Fed up with Hibs just now to be honest. Hopefully a good result today before Wednesday will give a bit optimism.

Saint Hibee
24-02-2024, 11:55 AM
If we stand up to boo, does that still count as a standing ovation? Only joking, I think we’ll win.

Carheenlea
24-02-2024, 04:05 PM
For the record, I gave the team a standing ovation at the end for their efforts.

Keith_M
24-02-2024, 06:55 PM
For the record, I gave the team a standing ovation at the end for their efforts.

So did all 38 of us still in the stadium. 🤭

Keepthefaith
24-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Exactly. Some one posting that expecting to beat Dundee is a weak mentality. What a load of *****.

We’ve been mediocre for years because of a weak mentality.

The fans will back the players and manager when they deserve it. Talk of standing ovations if they manage to beat Dundee after the run we’ve been on ?

Not for me.

My opinion of standing ovation is more of the whole stadium staying back to applaud the players. Like after a derby win.

I think the phrase standing ovation maybe makes it sound more than I think the OP was meaning. If we talk instead about staying to applaud the players off the pitch, then why wouldn't we do that regardless of the opposition? Surely as fans we should show our appreciation for a good performance?

Today was exactly that opportunity and I am disappointed for the players that more folk don't stay at least a few minutes to do that

We do it at away games, so why not more at home??

Carheenlea
24-02-2024, 08:22 PM
So did all 38 of us still in the stadium. 🤭

I suspect todays result didn’t quite go the way some hoped.