View Full Version : What a shock who our ref is on Saturday

EHZERO7
20-02-2024, 09:56 AM
Well no really

Brother Beaton

Libby Hibby
20-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Tin hat on.

I don’t mind him when we are not playing any of the OF or Hertz.

Ron D Hibbie
20-02-2024, 10:27 AM
David Dickinsons punishment for his honest mistake on saturday is a trip to ross county on saturday. Ridiculous that he still gets a top flight game. Just proves they can do what they want and get away with it.

Lago
20-02-2024, 10:42 AM
Well no really

Brother Beaton
The problem is Scotland is a small football nation and consequently the available referee pool is also small, therefore the same guys are back at the scene of their last crime too quickly.

CapitalGreen
20-02-2024, 10:42 AM
Well no really

Brother Beaton

We have a quite decent record in games which he has been the referee.

JimBHibees
20-02-2024, 10:51 AM
We have a quite decent record in games which he has been the referee.

Have we? Certainly not against Hearts

hibsbollah
20-02-2024, 10:55 AM
I dont know who he is but ill be stunned if hes not from Lanarkshire or Renfrewshire or somewhere like that.

Hibbyradge
20-02-2024, 11:00 AM

I could have been the referee against them and we'd still have a sheite record!

Jim44
20-02-2024, 11:05 AM
David Dickinsons punishment for his honest mistake on saturday is a trip to ross county on saturday. Ridiculous that he still gets a top flight game. Just proves they can do what they want and get away with it.

If a referee is found guilty of 3 ‘honest’ ( ha ha ) mistakes, he should be dropped to a lower level for, say, ten games or more. In addition, VAR operatives should be punished as well. I think we would soon see ‘honest’ mistakes drop drastically.

Donegal Hibby
20-02-2024, 11:07 AM
I hope block 7 don't display a certain banner on Saturday , beaton might get annoyed about it ! .

Keith_M
20-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Isn't John Beaton a Motherwell Supporter?

bod
20-02-2024, 11:35 AM
I hope block 7 don't display a certain banner on Saturday , beaton might get annoyed about it ! .

If they do & we get beat ,folk on here will blame them regardless of his decisions or our performance

1875Sean
20-02-2024, 11:42 AM

He is from Motherwell but is a big currant bun

Alex Trager
20-02-2024, 11:44 AM
The problem is Scotland is a small football nation and consequently the available referee pool is also small, therefore the same guys are back at the scene of their last crime too quickly.

Unless ofc it is in the topflight in Glasgow.

Gloucester Hibs
20-02-2024, 11:47 AM

In the same way Jim Traynor was an Airdrie supporter?

JimBHibees
20-02-2024, 11:50 AM
I could have been the referee against them and we'd still have a sheite record!

Not so sure about that.

lyonhibs
20-02-2024, 11:52 AM
If a referee is found guilty of 3 ‘honest’ ( ha ha ) mistakes, he should be dropped to a lower level for, say, ten games or more. In addition, VAR operatives should be punished as well. I think we would soon see ‘honest’ mistakes drop drastically.

Why should lower league teams get punished with these imbeciles??

Highly disrespectful approach IMO, they should be dropped from the refereeing roster altogether for a week or 2 in the scenario you describe (if numerically possible)

Kato
20-02-2024, 12:05 PM
The problem is Scotland is a small football nation and consequently the available referee pool is also small, therefore the same guys are back at the scene of their last crime too quickly.Scotland is a small football nation but the pool of refs promoted is taken from an even smaller geographical area and if you don't come from that area you don't get promoted. Funny that.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
20-02-2024, 12:18 PM
the problem is glasgow and lanarkshire is a rotten closed shop cabal and consequently the available referee pool is also small, therefore the same guys are back at the scene of their last crime too quickly.
ftfy

Basildon Hibs
20-02-2024, 01:12 PM

Aye, but who's gonna find them 'Guilty'?

These guys 'Mark their own homework'.

🙄

Sparrows tongue
20-02-2024, 01:48 PM
Tin hat on.

I don’t mind him when we are not playing any of the OF or Hertz.

In an odd way though, that is exactly the problem.

Sparrows tongue
20-02-2024, 01:50 PM
In the same way Jim Traynor was an Airdrie supporter?

Aye, and Chic Young a St Mirren supporter. :agree:

Steve20
20-02-2024, 02:31 PM

He's not the reason we've lost to Hearts before.

Maybe if our squad weren't so spineless, it wouldn't matter who the ref was.

DickieDastardly
20-02-2024, 02:35 PM
Forget the ref, just produce a good performance and give us three very needed points....

scoopyboy
20-02-2024, 04:04 PM

Name a referee that Hibs have a good record against Hearts with?

Keith_M
20-02-2024, 05:15 PM
He is from Motherwell but is a big currant bun

:aok:

SerenityGreen
20-02-2024, 08:23 PM

Remember when I was still playing E of S league and Rowbotham did indeed get demoted for a while. Reffed one of our games and I was surprised to find out how poor he was. Although, any referee could in theory get allocated E of S games but didn't happen often. Another one was Bill Crombie, again poor. Like he didn't want to be there. Best ref ever was Underwood. Brilliant referee. (Can't recall first name without looking up).

StevieT
20-02-2024, 08:36 PM
Remember when I was still playing E of S league and Rowbotham did indeed get demoted for a while. Reffed one of our games and I was surprised to find out how poor he was. Although, any referee could in theory get allocated E of S games but didn't happen often. Another one was Bill Crombie, again poor. Like he didn't want to be there. Best ref ever was Underwood. Brilliant referee. (Can't recall first name without looking up).

John Underwood orcwas it John Underhill?. A very nice guy and good referee

stantonhibby
20-02-2024, 08:41 PM
John Underwood orcwas it John Underhill?. A very nice guy and good referee

Underhill. He's now a Professor of something up in Aberdeen

Hibees1973
20-02-2024, 08:51 PM
Forget the ref, just produce a good performance and give us three very needed points....

Correct.

if we defend like we have in the last 3 months in the SPFL we are not winning this game either.

Donegal Hibby
20-02-2024, 09:10 PM
Even with Beaton refereeing I wouldn't be surprised if we got a penalty this weekend considering what happened against Aberdeen. Wonder what odds on us getting a penalty are ? .

overdrive
20-02-2024, 09:33 PM
Underhill. He's now a Professor of something up in Aberdeen

He was at Heriot Watt when I was a student there and he was refereeing. Probably the best referee of that era and that was probably down to him being English and not having any bias.

Bakerman
20-02-2024, 11:23 PM
Well no really

Brother Beaton

I'm more concerned at who's sitting in the van these days, glad to hear its not David Dickinson, but could be someone just as glaikit, and fake tanned. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-02-2024, 02:39 AM
Wonder wha t Mark Clattenbeurg would make of his ref analysis of Beaton (sorry iof Nottingham Forest employing his services in this role -wonder what he does?)

HoboHarry
21-02-2024, 02:43 AM
Wonder wha t Mark Clattenbeurg would make of his ref analysis of Beaton (sorry iof Nottingham Forest employing his services in this role -wonder what he does?)

You typing with your forehead? :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-02-2024, 02:58 AM
You typing with your forehead? :greengrin

Without my gregorys :)

HoboHarry
21-02-2024, 03:10 AM
Without my gregorys :)

Fair enough, without my gregory's I'd be lucky to see the keyboard at all lol...

Silky
21-02-2024, 05:28 AM
Well no really

Brother Beaton

Could be worse. Could have Clancy with Alan Muir on VAR at Tynie. Oh, wait a minute..................

erin go bragh
21-02-2024, 07:19 AM
I dont know who he is but ill be stunned if hes not from Lanarkshire or Renfrewshire or somewhere like that.
Staunch blue nose.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-02-2024, 07:22 AM
Fair enough, without my gregory's I'd be lucky to see the keyboard at all lol...
And in the dark …