PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm- any excuse

StevieT
19-02-2024, 03:50 PM
I see that Rangers have cancelled all of the tickets for Celtic supporters for the ladies fixture.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's boys, women, or men games, they are always looking for bother.

The ladies games have Benn a success for a few years now but they have both started to sink plenty money in to their respective team. Was always going to get messy

Carheenlea
19-02-2024, 03:54 PM
They’re an embarrassment to Scotland, pure and simple.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Was there not some (ahem) Police “intelligence” that lead them to taking action?

Think it was summit along the lines of a massive uptake in tickets they recon ended up in Sellick fans hands for the Home end or similar.

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-02-2024, 04:01 PM
I saw a celtic player tweeting about this yesterday. A lot of reply from huns suggested they'd cancelled specific tickets for a reason. Not 100% sure what that was though

The pair of them are an embarrassment. Doesn't matter if its woman's or kids fitbaw. The bile always comes out

Greensunshine
19-02-2024, 04:02 PM
Football is nothing without fans. Those two clubs are a complete and utter embarrassment to Scottish football.

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2024, 04:04 PM
I understand that it was because a lot of away tickets were purchased by known 'people'. I took it to mean the green brigade or similar.

hibsbollah
19-02-2024, 04:06 PM
Women’s football should have started without the ugly sisters’ influence (unfortunate misogynistic overtones there, im sure you know what i mean :greengrin) and binned any notion of copying the mens team names. Income generation would have been more difficult at first but it would have got there, and without the sectarianism and associated national embarrassment.

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2024, 04:09 PM
Scotland’s shame

Meanwhile back in the 21st century…..

tonyrougier123
19-02-2024, 04:48 PM
Jokes on them!No wonder the football up here is seen as a joke everywhere. The petulance of rangers has become overbearing and the SFA should be stepping in and setting some guidelines at this point to protect the games reputation.

Keith_M
19-02-2024, 06:52 PM
They were cancelled because a large number of tickets were bought by Celtc Ultras, who the police suggested were going to the game purely to cause trouble.

I've obviously no idea if that was the case or not, but it does kind of explain the decision.

brianmc
19-02-2024, 07:09 PM
They were cancelled because a large number of tickets were bought by Celtc Ultras, who the police suggested were going to the game purely to cause trouble.

I've obviously no idea if that was the case or not, but it does kind of explain the decision.

Based on all the reports I've read about this your summary appears to be correct.

Celtc fans looking for bother, possibly some pro Palestine demonstration as well. Polis found out about it and told the huns to cancel the away tickets.

Pretty sad state of affairs, but for once I don't think the blue cheek of the arse is to blame.

Carheenlea
19-02-2024, 07:20 PM

And the explanation backs up the assessment of most on this thread that the pair of them are an embarrassment to Scotland.

McD
19-02-2024, 08:21 PM
Based on all the reports I've read about this your summary appears to be correct.

Celtc fans looking for bother, possibly some pro Palestine demonstration as well. Polis found out about it and told the huns to cancel the away tickets.

Pretty sad state of affairs, but for once I don't think the blue cheek of the arse is to blame.

There was something along the lines of, the police, rangers and Celtic had an emergency meeting about it once it became known about the ticket purchases. Celtic were supposedly asked to cancel specific tickets based on the known ultras/whatever theyre classed as, they refused. So rangers said they’d just cancel all the Celtic tickets.

Pair of them are a shambles and a shame upon Scotland

Not In The Know
19-02-2024, 09:05 PM
Football is nothing without fans. Those two clubs are a complete and utter embarrassment to Scottish football.

its their fans who are the embarrassment.

hibstag
19-02-2024, 09:18 PM
It didn't take them long to pull the womens game down to the its all about us level of the men's game I'm sure their coaches were involved in a public post match who is the biggest ******** debate last year, give me the Hibs v Glasgow city days back please

Sparrows tongue
19-02-2024, 09:25 PM
A stain on Scottish football.

Baader
19-02-2024, 09:32 PM
It really is a shame these two clubs exist in Scottish football and society. A complete embarrassment with the West Coast media sensationalising it all, stirring the pot and whipping it up to encourage the sizeable contingent of neanderthals in both fan bases. Sad stuff that does Scotland's image no favour whatsoever.