PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian V Dundee

Mrimbetween
18-02-2024, 10:28 AM
If ever there was a 6 pointer .Win the game and we will take great confidence . No problem for us scoring, just hope the defence holds up and its onwards and upwards. The run has to start somewhere and i feel it will be the next game 4-0 Hibs

H18 SFR
18-02-2024, 02:44 PM
Must win. Lose and there is not a chance we can finish above them.

Even if we do win, I still think they will at worst match our point total before the split.

LunasBoots
18-02-2024, 02:50 PM
Must win in anyway possible, we should do but you just never know these days.

Biffa Bacon
18-02-2024, 02:56 PM
If ever there was a 6 pointer .Win the game and we will take great confidence . No problem for us scoring, just hope the defence holds up and its onwards and upwards. The run has to start somewhere and i feel it will be the next game 4-0 Hibs
We've failed to score more than 2 goals in a league game this season so I like your optimism going for 4! A nervy 2-1 win will do me.

Unseen work
18-02-2024, 02:57 PM
Absolutely a must win.

Go out and take the game to them from the first minute.

……………..………..Marshall………….

Miller…..Triantis/Fish….Hanlon….Obita…..

…………..Moriah-Welsh…..Newell….

Boyle……………….Marcondes…….Youan….

………………………..Myziane…..

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2024, 02:58 PM
Only want a win if it is 70s Brazil style.

Nicho87
18-02-2024, 03:00 PM
Must win

No excuses

Failure to do so with hearts on the Wednesday

Game over

B.H.F.C
18-02-2024, 03:09 PM
I’d have Marcondes in for Levitt.

And I don’t think we can just continue with Fish and Triantis at centre half. I’d have Hanlon back in, even if he’d not been much better this season.

We have to win. Nothing else good enough.

Hibees1973
18-02-2024, 03:14 PM
Must win

No excuses

Failure to do so with hearts on the Wednesday

Game over

It has to be. Even getting a draw against the Yam looks near impossible the way we defend.

If he isn't sacked after these potential results it will mean a whole change in strategy by The Gordons and Kensell cos they sacked our previous 3 managers for very similar results.

Hiber-nation
18-02-2024, 03:15 PM
Got to get out of the blocks quickly. Confidence is low so if we start poorly and the crowd start groaning it could get messy.

Dundee will cause us problems but we have improved since the St Mirren disaster. But it's that central defence...😩

He's here!
18-02-2024, 03:16 PM
Dundee are having an excellent season. Their manager's doing a great job there. A couple of weeks ago they'd have beaten us for sure and even though we look stronger now there's no chance this wll be a straightforward win.

Diclonius
18-02-2024, 03:30 PM
Must win, 100%.

Sparrows tongue
18-02-2024, 04:06 PM
We're winning this one, but it won't be pretty!

Donegal Hibby
18-02-2024, 04:13 PM
It won't be easy but I think we will win this one . Last time at ER they were very defensive and well organised and even though it ended 0-0 on another day we would have won it .
I'd go with .

Marshall (if fit) .

Miller .
Fish .
Triantis.
Obita .

Moriah-Welsh.
Newell.
Marcondes.

Boyle.
Maolida.
Youan.

Nicho87
18-02-2024, 04:18 PM
I’d bring Hanlon in and drop fish

Plus Marcondes for Levitt

Ronniekirk
18-02-2024, 04:22 PM
No chance it’s 4 0 I will take any win

berwickhibee
18-02-2024, 05:33 PM
Biggest game so far for monty, no excuses, 3 points needed badly.

Fans need to stay with the team, cos Dundee will be very hard to break down, Doherty is doing well with them, thought Dundee would be bottom.

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 05:34 PM
I’d bring Hanlon in and drop fish

Plus Marcondes for Levitt

Same :agree:

eastterrace
18-02-2024, 05:37 PM
Lump on Hibs as I think we are certainties to win this one.

snedzuk
18-02-2024, 05:52 PM
Thankfully, they've loaned Zak Rudden to Raith Rovers. Always thought he looked a handful to play against.

LewysGot2
18-02-2024, 05:56 PM
Thankfully, they've loaned Zak Rudden to Raith Rovers. Always thought he looked a handful to play against.

Their best player is Beck and the right side of whatever line up we come up with will need to be at it for 90 mins. He's probably the best in his position in the league and the reason we nearly didn't win at Dens. Lewis Miller will need to be cuter this time round...

I note he was taken off this weekend "as a precaution" so maybe - if we're lucky- he'll be out injured ��

greenlex
18-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Their best player is Beck and the right side of whatever line up we come up with will need to be at it for 90 mins. He's probably the best in his position in the league and the reason we didn't win at Dens. Lewis Miller will need to be cuter this time round...

I note he was taken off this weekend "as a precaution" so maybe - if we're lucky- he'll be out injured 😉
We did win at Dens. :greengrin

VoltaireHibs
18-02-2024, 06:20 PM
It will be hard fought. If I had to name a SPL manager of the year right now I'd give it to Docherty. He's done a great job there. First goal will be very important. Whoever gets that wins, imo.

CB Hibs 68
18-02-2024, 06:25 PM
Must Win .Surely that is obvious?

Carheenlea
18-02-2024, 06:40 PM
The importance of the game won’t be lost on the manager, and hopefully that’s reflected on the preparation this week at East Mains. The players might need reminded of how pivotal the forthcoming games are into giving us the chance to salvage something from a miserable season, and they owe us a win or two.

I’m encouraged with the upturn from admittedly a very low bar against St Mirren, but pretty confident we can see a solid performance. Hopefully no more of the “After you Jeeves” defending and we can tighten things up a bit better. The fragility in defence is going to be at the back of our minds throughout but hopefully we have enough.

LewysGot2
18-02-2024, 06:42 PM
We did win at Dens. :greengrin

Typo :greengrin

nearly :greengrin

greenlex
18-02-2024, 07:08 PM
Typo :greengrin

nearly :greengrin

😂

Tambo
19-02-2024, 07:38 PM
A must win game and wouldn't be surprised to see Hanlon or Rocky return.

I don't want to think about the atmosphere if it's another pish first half showing, fancy a win though.

Will be setting the alarm for this one.

greenlex
19-02-2024, 07:48 PM
We are at home and it’s a must win. Absolutely no excuses please. Win. Win ugly if need be but win.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 07:58 PM
Only want a win if it is 70s Brazil style.

If it deflects aff someones erchie for the winning goal, I take it. :greengrin

RMQ1967
19-02-2024, 07:59 PM
Far too much optimism on this thread.

Dundee score around 2 goals a game on average & we lose around 2 on average & I don't think Saturday will be any different.

Every game for the past 3 months a "must win" but we seldom do.

An optimistic 2-2 - hope I'm wrong.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 08:01 PM
Lump on Hibs as I think we are certainties to win this one.

Just under even money ladbrokes. I try to stay away from betting, but if we can't beat Dundee at home, with the pressure on the manager, when will we win money from the bookies. I'm tempted to have a few quid on.

McGruber
19-02-2024, 08:49 PM
The St Mirren result and reaction to it has left Monty with little to no room for error. He hasn't missed the criteria since - a performance if not result v Celtic, a result v ICT and through in the cup and Aberdeen, although winnable, was a must not lose. This Dundee game is a must win, that's the criteria or the wolves will be circling again. Performance would be good but he needs 3 points here, a draw of any description won't cut it. I'm not underestimating Dundee with that, they play some good football and will be a tough game.

1875Sean
19-02-2024, 09:40 PM
Absolutely a must win.

………………………..Myziane…..

I’d have this team however I’d put Myziane on the left and either have Alf or Vente up front

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-02-2024, 09:44 PM
Win and we'll finish above Dundee imo. They've a brutal run up to the split so it'll be between us and the sheep for the last spot in the top 6

Huge match. Looking forward to it.

Keepthefaith
19-02-2024, 10:19 PM
It won't be easy but I think we will win this one . Last time at ER they were very defensive and well organised and even though it ended 0-0 on another day we would have won it .
I'd go with .

Marshall (if fit) .

Miller .
Fish .
Triantis.
Obita .

Moriah-Welsh.
Newell.
Marcondes.

Boyle.
Maolida.
Youan.

I'm with you on this. Have to find a way to play marcondes and maolida together. Huge game!

Hibrandenburg
20-02-2024, 05:54 AM
I'm brining my jinx of a son to the game so we'll get hammered.

In all seriousness, I think Saturday will be the turning point and we'll go on a wee run of wins. Barring the cup the season is pretty much a non entity for us now but we should be looking at getting this team to gel. It would be good to have a nucleus to build around during the inevitable comings and goings in the next transfer window.

Since452
20-02-2024, 07:53 AM
The St Mirren result and reaction to it has left Monty with little to no room for error. He hasn't missed the criteria since - a performance if not result v Celtic, a result v ICT and through in the cup and Aberdeen, although winnable, was a must not lose. This Dundee game is a must win, that's the criteria or the wolves will be circling again. Performance would be good but he needs 3 points here, a draw of any description won't cut it. I'm not underestimating Dundee with that, they play some good football and will be a tough game.

I agree with that. The bare minimum is being achieved so at least that's something. Beat Dundee and avoid defeat at Tynecastle and that will be a start. He's in a situation where he's needing a couple of snookers at the moment but the season is still doable. No room for error though.

flash
20-02-2024, 07:58 AM
Looking forward to the game on Saturday as we are playing much better with the new players involved.

Renfrew_Hibby
20-02-2024, 08:41 AM
If a VAR ruling or non ruling screws us over then heaven help the officials/SFA

Brightside
20-02-2024, 08:43 AM
Absolutely a must win.

………………………..Myziane…..

Thats the team for me - assuming Hanlon is physically fit enough to play. But I'm pretty sure Monty is going to play Rocky.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2024, 08:55 AM
If it deflects aff someones erchie for the winning goal, I take it. :greengrin

Me too, but it's funny how we all seem to not give a toss how we win when we are struggling, but when we are doing well, goals off someones erse are not good enough and we have to score goals like the FF or the Tornadoes for them to be worthwhile.

Ronniekirk
20-02-2024, 09:01 AM
Looking forward to the game on Saturday as we are playing much better with the new players involved.
I agree but it could be down to team he picks and subs he makes , along with how players handle pressure of needing a win No great pressure on Dundee they would be happy enough with a draw which is no use to us

sauzee1989
20-02-2024, 01:21 PM
Anyone know best place to watch game in Tenerife ?

sauzee1989
20-02-2024, 01:22 PM
Have a bad feeling rocky and Jair will start.

The Tubs
20-02-2024, 01:29 PM
Have a bad feeling rocky and Jair will start.

With the options we now have, I can’t see why Jair would start with his current form.

Greensunshine
20-02-2024, 01:32 PM
Really looking forward to this game.

Dundee are more than decent these days and I’m sure they’ll be confident of taking all three points.

We’ll need to be at our best to stop them scoring and obviously we’ll need to take our chances.

It all adds upto a high scoring game.

I’m going to say this could well be a 3-2 or even a 4-3

Should be an enjoyable and entertaining encounter.

NthCarolinaHibs
20-02-2024, 01:43 PM

Marshalls in Last Americas will put it on for you..🇳🇬☀️🇳🇬

Lancs Harp
20-02-2024, 06:52 PM
Hibs v Dundee in '99 5-2 win. My first Hibs game!! Latapy with a couple, Sauzee and I think Kenny Miller with the opener. Cant remember who got the other goal (the last one I think in injury time). Willie Falconer scored one of the Dundee goals.
Anyone remember this game? Hibs had been my Scottish team since I was a nipper. I was working in Newbury in Berkshire and one of the contractors working with us was a Hibs fan. So went up with him. The beginning of the heart ache 😀

Rick Rude
20-02-2024, 07:09 PM
Hibs v Dundee in '99 5-2 win. My first Hibs game!! Latapy with a couple, Sauzee and I think Kenny Miller with the opener. Cant remember who got the other goal (the last one I think in injury time). Willie Falconer scored one of the Dundee goals.
Anyone remember this game? Hibs had been my Scottish team since I was a nipper. I was working in Newbury in Berkshire and one of the contractors working with us was a Hibs fan. So went up with him. The beginning of the heart ache 😀

Some pretty extended highlights on the link below. Imagine the BBC showing that much Hibs these days.

https://youtu.be/QNPm56VnfX0?si=MQikOF9j4DDiVfH9

Keepthefaith
20-02-2024, 07:18 PM

On the beach?! 😜

Hibees1973
21-02-2024, 12:16 PM

I'll have a pint of what this guy is on.

JimBHibees
21-02-2024, 01:14 PM

Agree I was thinking 5 nil myself :greengrin

Sparrows tongue
21-02-2024, 04:42 PM
Tell you what, I'd take 1-0 right now if it was on offer.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2024, 04:47 PM
Looking forward to the game

Garymcl
21-02-2024, 05:39 PM
Really important game let’s get behind the boys on Saturday pretty confident we’ll. gat a much needed win :flag:

Bakerman
21-02-2024, 05:51 PM
Me too, but it's funny how we all seem to not give a toss how we win when we are struggling, but when we are doing well, goals off someones erse are not good enough and we have to score goals like the FF or the Tornadoes for them to be worthwhile.

Not me mate, I understand where you're coming from though, there are those who want us to play like Brazils Pele, Jairzinho, Rivellino, Tostao, Gerson, etc. Me, I'll take any win, as long we win. If its a hard fought game of few chances but we win 1-0 from a deflection or own goal, penalty doesn't matter. Of course we all want to win with a bit of panache or a Roberto Carlos 35 yard screamer, but I just want to win as many games as possible, ugly if need be.

Can't score goals like this all of the time :greengrin

https://youtu.be/WLgMRyRjVrI

allmodcons
21-02-2024, 05:57 PM
This will be tough.

Dundee have a good Manager who knows how to set up a team and make the best of the resources he has to hand. Talks a good game too.

Wish I could say the same about our Manager.

Desperately need a win but, whilst hoping I’m wrong, not sure Montgomery has the know how to get the better of Docherty.

Heisenberg
21-02-2024, 06:06 PM
This will be tough.

Dundee have a good Manager who knows how to set up a team and make the best of the resources he has to hand. Talks a good game too.

Desperately need a win but, whilst hoping I’m wrong, not sure Montgomery has the know how to get the better of Docherty.

Docherty hasn’t won a game against Montgomery yet this season has he? Now I’m sure that was also the case when Stephen Robinson rocked up at ER and won 3-0 but I’m hoping it’s different at the weekend. It certainly needs to be.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2024, 06:06 PM
This will be tough.

They’ve faced each other twice and we’ve won one and drawn one. We also have a stronger squad now, than we did on those two occasions.

pollution
21-02-2024, 06:07 PM
Not me mate, I understand where you're coming from though, there are those who want us to play like Brazils Pele, Jairzinho, Rivellino, Tostao, Gerson, etc. Me, I'll take any win, as long we win. If its a hard fought game of few chances but we win 1-0 from a deflection or own goal, penalty doesn't matter. Of course we all want to win with a bit of panache or a Roberto Carlos 35 yard screamer, but I just want to win as many games as possible, ugly if need be.

A squiggler !

Donegal Hibby
21-02-2024, 06:44 PM
Been very impressed with Moriah-Welsh , sort of player we have been badly needing in midfield for a long time now and hopefully takes some pressure of Newell now too . Article here about him and Maolida who looks good too . Really hoping to see them and Marcondes playing this weekend.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/the-two-january-signings-key-to-shape-shifting-hibs-regaining-momentum-4527301

Eyrie
21-02-2024, 07:32 PM

So people were half right when they referred to Kujabi as the Gambian Roberto Carlos. He could certainly do the first part with the ball heading wide right, but never quite mastered the second part where it swerves back on target.

Bakerman
21-02-2024, 07:37 PM
So people were half right when they referred to Kujabi as the Gambian Roberto Carlos. He could certainly do the first part with the ball heading wide right, but never quite mastered the second part where it swerves back on target.

:greengrin

Hibrandenburg
21-02-2024, 07:42 PM

He's right, Saturday will be a turning point and I've put my money where my mouth is.

Bakerman
21-02-2024, 08:00 PM
A squiggler !

Didn't want to look it up, but Johnny Rankin yes? If my not so great memory serves me correctly?

jakeshibs
21-02-2024, 08:21 PM
Been very impressed with Moriah-Welsh , sort of player we have been badly needing in midfield for a long time now and hopefully takes some pressure of Newell now too . Article here about him and Maolida who looks good too . Really hoping to see them and Marcondes playing this weekend.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/the-two-january-signings-key-to-shape-shifting-hibs-regaining-momentum-4527301

totally agree, someone who wants to win the ball.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2024, 09:25 PM
Docherty hasn’t won a game against Montgomery yet this season has he? Now I’m sure that was also the case when Stephen Robinson rocked up at ER and won 3-0 but I’m hoping it’s different at the weekend. It certainly needs to be.

Whilst I’d love that to be true, he rocked up on day 1 of the season and put 3 past us then as well [emoji85] 0/6 points against them at home this season. 8 goals conceded in 3 games against them at ER including the league cup. Glaringly obvious what our biggest issue is this season

Edit. Just realised you said against Monty so I’m blethering. Although the other issues are accurate still

JimBHibees
22-02-2024, 08:09 AM
Wonder if Owen Beck will be fit as went off injured on Saturday. Docherty has done a good job and they are playing decent stuff. A few goals in this game and absolutely have to defend better than at Pittodrie. Cameron a very good young player

Donegal Hibby
22-02-2024, 04:35 PM
Wonder if Owen Beck will be fit as went off injured on Saturday. Docherty has done a good job and they are playing decent stuff. A few goals in this game and absolutely have to defend better than at Pittodrie. Cameron a very good young player

One of there better players alright who'd they miss if out . Doherty has done well , they were very defensive and well organised last time at ER , still think on another day we'd have won though. When they played hertz at tiny they looked good in the first half though seem to decide they had the job done in the 2nd and looked awful .

Think we have more than enough firepower upfront to get the job done though as you say we have to keep it tight at the back and stop conceding silly goals .

GreenCastle
22-02-2024, 05:13 PM
Dundee haven’t beaten Hibs at Easter Road since October 2001.

DIXIHIBS
22-02-2024, 05:18 PM

That'll be that then😭

Donegal Hibby
22-02-2024, 05:29 PM
Still wondering who Monty will go with as the two CH's , will he stick with Fish and Triantis or will he pick either Hanlon or Rocky now their available? Is Fish a guaranteed starter btw ? .
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-afcon-scottish-premiership-nick-montgomery-clean-sheet-4528785

VoltaireHibs
22-02-2024, 06:01 PM

Shut. Up. 😭😂

VoltaireHibs
22-02-2024, 06:04 PM
Still wondering who Monty will go with as the two CH's , will he stick with Fish and Triantis or will he pick either Hanlon or Rocky now their available? Is Fish a guaranteed starter btw ? .
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-defender-afcon-scottish-premiership-nick-montgomery-clean-sheet-4528785

Don't think it matters hugely. They've all cost us goals. Probably best sticking with Fish/Triantis, at least let them get to know each other. Or maybe fire in Rocky and Hanlon, they at least show the correct level of desire to clear their areas, successful or not.

Attack is probably the best form of defence for us right now. No faffing about at the back.

Saint Hibee
22-02-2024, 07:24 PM

Give Rocky a shot. He’s no worse than either Fish or Triantis, and he’s our own player so let’s develop him.

Donegal Hibby
22-02-2024, 08:19 PM
Don't think it matters hugely. They've all cost us goals. Probably best sticking with Fish/Triantis, at least let them get to know each other. Or maybe fire in Rocky and Hanlon, they at least show the correct level of desire to clear their areas, successful or not.

Attack is probably the best form of defence for us right now. No faffing about at the back.

Give Rocky a shot. He’s no worse than either Fish or Triantis, and he’s our own player so let’s develop him.

Hard to know who Monty will go with tbh though trying to stop crosses coming into our box which I think has been a problem for us at times would be a help . They will probably play 5-3 -2 again so hopefully we can take the game by the scruff of the neck and get an early goal this time to settle everyone down.

Bakerman
22-02-2024, 08:46 PM

I can't see Rocky being called back in so soon. Fish and Triantis will likely be the pairing. Rocky will probably be back in at some point though.

Sparrows tongue
22-02-2024, 09:27 PM
I
I can't see Rocky being called back in so soon. Fish and Triantis will likely be the pairing. Rocky will probably be back in at some point though.

Rocky should be in, rather than Will.

Of course, that’s my opinion. :aok:

Bakerman
22-02-2024, 09:36 PM
I

If he is in, then we can only hope that he has a good game, and we win it. I put a coupon on today in Ladbrokes, Hibs to win, so over to you Monty.

superfurryhibby
22-02-2024, 09:42 PM
I

Rocky and Hanlon ( if fit) should start over Trantis or Fish. We need to find a defensive formula that stops us conceding so many goals. The two loanees aren’t it.

Hopefully Amos is deemed fit enough to start a game too.

Rob
22-02-2024, 09:51 PM
I'd settle for any sort of win and a clean sheet. Leaking far too many soft goals recently.

Brizo
23-02-2024, 06:29 AM

This is a very different Dundee to the Dundee who have yo yo'd up and down the leagues in the last 20-odd years.

Dochertys assembled a very strong squad who Id say are better than us at the back are creative in midfield and decent up top.

If they beat us they go 8 points clear of us which we can't afford to let happen.

I think Saturday will very much determine whether we're top 6 or not so a win is vital.

Trinity Hibee
23-02-2024, 08:30 AM
This is a very different Dundee to the Dundee who have yo yo'd up and down the leagues in the last 20-odd years.

Dochertys assembled a very strong squad who Id say are better than us at the back are creative in midfield and decent up top.

If they beat us they go 8 points clear of us which we can't afford to let happen.

I think Saturday will very much determine whether we're top 6 or not so a win is vital.

Agreed. Has to be a win or top 6 is out of reach

Donegal Hibby
23-02-2024, 09:13 AM

Dundee are probably better than alot of some of there other teams over the years though we still should beat them which we already have at dens and outplayed them ER when we had 63% possession , 22 shots /9 on target. 14 corners. I do fancy us to win tomorrow though it won't easy.

Blaster
23-02-2024, 01:05 PM
I see Rocky has turned into this superb player whilst being away. Some folk have short memories.

A bit like Jair, he has improved but is nowhere near good enough for us.

Right now Fish and Hanlon are the best pairing we have. Not saying they are brilliant and clearly not the long term pairing, but the long term has to start from the summer.

Since452
23-02-2024, 02:57 PM
I think we've shaded the games against Dundee this season. The 0-0 at ER in September was arguably Montgomerys best game this season. We did everything but score.

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 03:15 PM
I see Rocky has turned into this superb player whilst being away. Some folk have short memories.

Right now Fish and Hanlon are the best pairing we have. Not saying they are brilliant and clearly not the long term pairing, but the long term has to start from the summer.

I was slightly surprised to see folk calling for Rocky to be included in the first team so soon after returning. He has certainly had his 'moments', where he's looked less than capable, but if he is picked, we can only hope that Monty knows what he is doing, and wins a vital three points at home. Let's look at the other scenario, Rocky is picked to start, makes game changing mistake, Monty's finished imo. If Rocky is picked and solid, with a comfortable home win, all is good and Monty gains credit. There's a lot riding on tomorrow, especially for the management team. Just win.

Billy Whizz
23-02-2024, 03:32 PM
I was slightly surprised to see folk calling for Rocky to be included in the first team so soon after returning. He has certainly had his 'moments', where he's looked less than capable, but if he is picked, we can only hope that Monty knows what he is doing, and wins a vital three points at home. Let's look at the other scenario, Rocky is picked to start, makes game changing mistake, Monty's finished imo. If Rocky is picked and solid, with a comfortable home win, all is good and Monty gains credit. There's a lot riding on tomorrow, especially for the management team. Just win.

They have a big 6ft 4 centre forward, and the last game we played against them in November, it was Fish and Rocky in central defence
Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back in tomorrow

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 03:41 PM
They have a big 6ft 4 centre forward, and the last game we played against them in November, it was Fish and Rocky in central defence
Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s back in tomorrow

If he is back in tomorrow, Monty had better hope, that Rocky is solid. :greengrin. Big game tomorrow. Here's to a much needed victory.

Cabbage-Patch
23-02-2024, 04:32 PM
Montys last straw for me. Win or he needs to go. Simple as that. draw no good as top 6 will be gone. I will be there living in hope a usual

Jones28
23-02-2024, 04:59 PM

I disagree that monty will get credit for picking Rocky and he has a good game. Like Tavares folk have their minds made up and they will never be changed no matter what the players do.

john rossi
23-02-2024, 05:01 PM
This really is last chance salon for Montgomery and I have little confidence that he will turn fortunes around as results have shown him up.Not impressed with his jan signings other than Moriah Welsh. Maoeleda lacks pace as does Marciano, I have read the script so many times being a Hibee and I feel it’s another St Mirrien disaster waiting to happen which should see this imposter out the door and for gods sake Hibs 4th time lucky get an experienced manager in mcinnes please but with this board of directors will probably take the cheap option and appoint another untried nobody.

flash
23-02-2024, 05:02 PM
This really is last chance salon for Montgomery and I have little confidence that he will turn fortunes around as results have shown him up.Not impressed with his jan signings other than Moriah Welsh. Maoeleda lacks pace as does Marciano, I have read the script so many times being a Hibee and I feel it’s another St Mirrien disaster waiting to happen which should see this imposter out the door and for gods sake Hibs 4th time lucky get an experienced manager in mcinnes please but with this board of directors will probably take the cheap option and appoint another untried nobody.

Not impressed with Malioda?

Are your eyes painted on?

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 05:08 PM
I disagree that monty will get credit for picking Rocky and he has a good game. Like Tavares folk have their minds made up and they will never be changed no matter what the players do.

Not all folk. Not at all. Maybe some.

If Rocky was to be picked, and its purely hypothetical, and has a solid game, with us winning, very few would be criticising Rocky or Monty, after the match. Rocky has to show consistency, and produce every week to be free from criticism. I don't think he will be picked in any case, but if he is, of course I hope he has a good performance, and goes on to prove his doubters wrong, including me, I've yet to be convinced that he can, but hope he can.

john rossi
23-02-2024, 05:09 PM
If we have any chance of winning tomorrow which I have Just posted as extremely unlikely my team would Marshal, Miller,Rocky,Hanlon,Obita, Boyle,newall,Moriah Welsh,Stevenson,Maolida,Yohan.

Sparrows tongue
23-02-2024, 05:10 PM
Not impressed with Malioda?

Are your eyes painted on?

Wild, isn't it?

kentao
23-02-2024, 05:14 PM
If we have any chance of winning tomorrow which I have Just posted as extremely unlikely my team would Marshal, Miller,Rocky,Hanlon,Obita, Boyle,newall,Moriah Welsh,Stevenson,Maolida,Yohan.

You do know its a game we need to win and not park the bus and hit on the counter.

Bridge hibs
23-02-2024, 05:14 PM
If we have any chance of winning tomorrow which I have Just posted as extremely unlikely my team would Marshal, Miller,Rocky,Hanlon,Obita, Boyle,newall,Moriah Welsh,Stevenson,Maolida,Yohan.Extremely unlikely ? Ffs have a day off, its Dundee not Real Madrid 🤣

flash
23-02-2024, 05:16 PM

You are at it.

WhileTheChief..
23-02-2024, 05:17 PM

Agreed, some at most!

People rate players based on what see on the pitch. It wouldn't make any sense to hate on a player who you saw playing well and there would be no reason for anyone to do so.

If Rocky, or anyone else, goes on a run of tremendous performances, he could become a fans favourite or Hibs hero. If he costs us goals and points every week, folk will want him dropped and replaced. It's entirely down to the player.

Same as NM. There's no agenda or any other BS at play here. Win and we'll be happy, lose and we'll want him gone. Well, some of us will anyways!

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 05:26 PM
Agreed, some at most!

People rate players based on what see on the pitch. It wouldn't make any sense to hate on a player who you saw playing well and there would be no reason for anyone to do so.

If Rocky, or anyone else, goes on a run of tremendous performances, he could become a fans favourite or Hibs hero. If he costs us goals and points every week, folk will want him dropped and replaced. It's entirely down to the player.

Same as NM. There's no agenda or any other BS at play here. Win and we'll be happy, lose and we'll want him gone. Well, some of us will anyways!

Exactly. Couldn't have put it any better than that. A few wins to settle the nerves, builds momentum and optimism. Naismith was under a barrage of boos and calls to be sacked until Shankland saved him. Monty does need to start winning matches though, get some good feel back. Excellent post though.

Jones28
23-02-2024, 05:31 PM

If Rocky was to be picked, and its purely hypothetical, and has a solid game, with us winning, very few would be criticising Rocky or Monty, after the match. Rocky has to show consistency, and produce every week to be free from criticism. I don't think he will be picked in any case, but if he is, of course I hope he has a good performance, and goes on to prove his doubters wrong, including me, I've yet to be convinced that he can, but hope he can.

I meant there are some folk, not everyone. I refuse to write off rocky and Tavares because I like them as people and I think the have some decent attributes on the pitch.

And you’ll come on here and those who don’t think Rocky has got it will be suspiciously quiet.

Sorry this is total hijack, not really relevant to tomorrow.

JammyDoidger
23-02-2024, 05:32 PM
With the quality we have, a striker that went for €14m and a 800k striker on the bench, we should be wiping the floor with Dundee. He has to win tomorrow, if he doesn't it won't be pretty.

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 05:39 PM
I meant there are some folk, not everyone. I refuse to write off rocky and Tavares because I like them as people and I think the have some decent attributes on the pitch.

And you’ll come on here and those who don’t think Rocky has got it will be suspiciously quiet.

Sorry this is total hijack, not really relevant to tomorrow.

I don't fully understand all of your post. However, if Rocky was to be picked and has a good solid game, he would be praised for doing so, based on the watched game of the moment. If he goes on a run of games, with similarly decent to good performances, no one will have any reason to criticise him, and will begin to praise him. I hope he does, same with every Hibernian player. Most of us only criticise when its deserved, me included.

Sparrows tongue
23-02-2024, 05:41 PM

It's saloon. :thumbsup:

Christ!

You may as well cut your wrists now.

FFS

hibee1875
23-02-2024, 05:41 PM
Rocky has to play for me. Triantis has played 3, gave away 2 pens, had some dodgy passing and was sleeping at aberdeens first.

We can’t afford one of our CBs giving a goal away every game they play

Since452
23-02-2024, 05:42 PM
Said earlier in the thread but we seem to have got the better of Dundee this season. Battered them in September but somehow drew. Beat them at Dens. I'm expecting a win tomorrow. What might go against us is there are some very streetwise teams and managers in this league. Docherty seems to be one. I don't think it'll be a St Mirren type schooling but won't be easy. 1-0 Hibs. Anything less than a win won't be good enough.

Pagan Hibernia
23-02-2024, 05:44 PM
We'll win tomorrow and everyone will be feeling much better about Hibs by Saturday night.

BoomtownHibees
23-02-2024, 05:45 PM

I thought your earlier post was by far the worst on this thread then you went and posted this

hibee1875
23-02-2024, 05:53 PM
I thought your earlier post was by far the worst on this thread then you went and posted this

100% Jambo. Yohan ffs

BoomtownHibees
23-02-2024, 05:54 PM
100% Jambo. Yohan ffs

And Marciano lacks pace

kentao
23-02-2024, 05:57 PM
And Marciano lacks pace

Great with his hands though :)

Jones28
23-02-2024, 06:03 PM
I don't fully understand all of your post. However, if Rocky was to be picked and has a good solid game, he would be praised for doing so, based on the watched game of the moment. If he goes on a run of games, with similarly decent to good performances, no one will have any reason to criticise him, and will begin to praise him. I hope he does, same with every Hibernian player. Most of us only criticise when its deserved, me included.

I disagree, it’s very telling who is around after a defeat and who’s around after a victory.

B.H.F.C
23-02-2024, 06:06 PM
With the quality we have, a striker that went for €14m and a 800k striker on the bench, we should be wiping the floor with Dundee. He has to win tomorrow, if he doesn't it won't be pretty.

I don’t think that end of the park will be an issue tomorrow. Expect us to score a couple of goals. Whether we keep the ball out of our own net will be the issue for me.

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 06:07 PM
I disagree, it’s very telling who is around after a defeat and who’s around after a victory.

You've lost me completely. I was discussing Rocky being picked or not, and his potential for either praise or criticism. A valid conversation, given posters began saying that in their opinion Rocky should be a starter tomorrow. If he's picked, as said I hope he has a good game, and that we win, and Monty is given credit for winning what has become almost a must win game tomorrow, of which I've put a few coin on us to do so.

Jones28
23-02-2024, 06:13 PM
You've lost me completely. I was discussing Rocky being picked or not, and his potential for either praise or criticism. A valid conversation, given posters began saying that in their opinion Rocky should be a starter tomorrow. If he's picked, as said I hope he has a good game, and that we win, and Monty is given credit for winning what has become almost a must win game tomorrow, of which I've put a few coin on us to do so.

And my point was that I don’t think for certain people Rocky will ever have a good game Hibs, regardless of what happens.

Doesn’t matter anyway, we’ve bigger fish to fry tomorrow and 3 points please.

Bakerman
23-02-2024, 06:18 PM
And my point was that I don’t think for certain people Rocky will ever have a good game Hibs, regardless of what happens.

Doesn’t matter anyway, we’ve bigger fish to fry tomorrow and 3 points please.

I see now what you were driving at. There very probably is some folk that will never take to some players, regardless of how they perform. One mistake and they're up off their seats pointing and hollering at them, while others make similar mistakes and nothing said. I get your point on that, that there are some folk that, once given their opinion, will never change it, fair dos. And, yes 3 points tomorrow definitely. Not just for a few quid from a coupon, but for Monty and the club.

Jim44
23-02-2024, 06:40 PM

If you’re not a sad, lurking Jambo, as others have suggested, you must qualify as one of the most recent depressing punters on this message board. You’ve hardly uttered a positive word in your posts about the team you claim to have supported for many, many years and if you’re so long in the tooth, it might be in your health interests to take a back seat for a spell, while our club sorts itself out, which I think is, hopefully, on the cards. Before you dismiss me as a happy clapper, I’m ages with you and have been through thick and thin with Hibs. I’ve gone through stages of really slagging off the team and going overboard with negative observations. But I’ve met my road to Damascus, now try to accept the good with the bad, and avoid getting my knickers in a twist. Lighten up for God’s sake.

scoopyboy
23-02-2024, 07:07 PM

wtf?

Keepthefaith
23-02-2024, 07:10 PM
If you’re not a sad, lurking Jambo, as others have suggested, you must qualify as one of the most recent depressing punters on this message board. You’ve hardly uttered a positive word in your posts about the team you claim to have supported for many, many years and if you’re so long in the tooth, it might be in your health interests to take a back seat for a spell, while our club sorts itself out, which I think is, hopefully, on the cards. Before you dismiss me as a happy clapper, I’m ages with you and have been through thick and thin with Hibs. I’ve gone through stages of really slagging off the team and going overboard with negative observations. But I’ve met my road to Damascus, now try to accept the good with the bad, and avoid getting my knickers in a twist. Lighten up for God’s sake.

👏👏

He's here!
23-02-2024, 07:13 PM
Said earlier in the thread but we seem to have got the better of Dundee this season. Battered them in September but somehow drew. Beat them at Dens. I'm expecting a win tomorrow. What might go against us is there are some very streetwise teams and managers in this league. Docherty seems to be one. I don't think it'll be a St Mirren type schooling but won't be easy. 1-0 Hibs. Anything less than a win won't be good enough.

It's just so hard to imagine us not conceding at least one goal, which makes it so much harder to dig out a win. Dundee will be confident they can come out on top. They really should have beaten Hearts the last two times they played them so I'm struggling to see better than a share of the spoils for us. 1-1 seems a reasonable bet.

Hibeesdaft16
23-02-2024, 07:34 PM
wtf?

Marcondes?

jakeshibs
23-02-2024, 08:08 PM

We have players from the January signings that are way beyond or normal standard and price range, and your not happy with them, I disagree and can see their class and as for Moriah Welsh he is great and on a permanent so good window.
the board of directors keep listening the fans and sacking managers we will never progress we need a bit stability, hold our nerve support the club and persevere

Hibees1973
23-02-2024, 08:13 PM
Know there has been a bit of debate in the past about so called must win games.

But we are without a league win since mid December, time and patience is fast running out on Montgomery. The Yam are out of sight and Kilmarnock & St Mirren almost out of reach.

With the derby on Wednesday, tomorrow is a must win in my book or it's going to get messy.

Hibeesdaft16
23-02-2024, 08:17 PM
We have players from the January signings that are way beyond or normal standard and price range, and your not happy with them, I disagree and can see their class and as for Moriah Welsh he is great and on a permanent so good window.
the board of directors keep listening the fans and sacking managers we will never progress we need a bit stability, hold our nerve support the club and persevere

The board never listened to the fans and kept LJ after the 3-0 Scottish Cup game and it's lead us into another transitional season of guff because we sacked him to late after backing him in the summer.

One of the January loanees is one usually out our price range I would guess. Not saying two or three of them could be really good mind you, high hopes for Moriah-Welsh and Marcondes is a class act.

Hibees1973
23-02-2024, 08:32 PM
The board never listened to the fans and kept LJ after the 3-0 Scottish Cup game and it's lead us into another transitional season of guff because we sacked him to late after backing him in the summer.

One of the January loanees is one usually out our price range I would guess. Not saying two or three of them could be really good mind you, high hopes for Moriah-Welsh and Marcondes is a class act.

It's got to the point that if they sack yet another manager, The Gordons and Kensell look ridiculous.

Which to be honest, is fair comment now.

Hibeesdaft16
23-02-2024, 08:48 PM
It's got to the point that if they sack yet another manager, The Gordons and Kensell look ridiculous.

:agree: fair shout.

Ronniekirk
23-02-2024, 08:59 PM

I would agree but Hanlon isn’t match fit and we need consistency
If Marshal is still injured NM might not want to have to make another change to defence
But if he persists with the young laddie and he costs us a goal and we don’t win the game he will get slated
Big Call whoever he plays as they all halves mistakes in them Hence we are third worst defence in League

greenlex
24-02-2024, 02:48 AM
It's just so hard to imagine us not conceding at least one goal, which makes it so much harder to dig out a win. Dundee will be confident they can come out on top. They really should have beaten Hearts the last two times they played them so I'm struggling to see better than a share of the spoils for us. 1-1 seems a reasonable bet.
Im not so sure they’ll be that confident. Hearts have been lucky with results in the last two derbies against us IMO and we are 4 points to Dundees 1 in the head to heads versus them.

KdyHby
24-02-2024, 03:43 AM
Dundee sold out their initial allocation of 1300 tickets, and given more

Forza Fred
24-02-2024, 04:53 AM

Time for a launching methinks

Crunchie
24-02-2024, 07:36 AM
wtf?
LOL, it's so obvious isn't it.

sauzee1989
24-02-2024, 09:20 AM

Agree! Rocky is still our worse option at centre back. Doesn’t have any positional awareness.

supershotmo
24-02-2024, 09:30 AM
Chinese whisper that front 3 today are Boyle, Maolida (if
correctly spelled) and Vente.

Donegal Hibby
24-02-2024, 09:37 AM

Be surprised if it's not Youan , Maolida and Boyle though could be the type of game that would suit a poacher like Vente as well . .

B.H.F.C
24-02-2024, 10:22 AM

It wouldn’t surprise me if Youan didn’t play.

Hooked at half time against St Mirren, benched at ICT, hooked early at Aberdeen.

Donegal Hibby
24-02-2024, 10:40 AM
It wouldn’t surprise me if Youan didn’t play.

Hooked at half time against St Mirren, benched at ICT, hooked early at Aberdeen.

He's still our joint top scorer though and I think is 2nd for assists too . Think it's a brave call if Monty were to leave him out .

Greenio
24-02-2024, 12:06 PM
Can't see Elie getting dropped. Vente needs to work his way back into the team imo. No get dropped in most important match of the season so far

I can see Elie being well up for this today.

Wee nerves kicking in still tho!

One Day Soon
24-02-2024, 12:17 PM

Oh the bants eh? We've got Dundee today mate, who are you lot playing?

Stuart93
24-02-2024, 12:18 PM

Can we just get this obvious jambo to ****?

One Day Soon
24-02-2024, 12:19 PM

Not all of the Gordons I would suggest, just Ian. BK certainly.

One Day Soon
24-02-2024, 12:20 PM
Can we just get this obvious jambo to ****?

Rossi: The Italian plural for Rosso, for which see the definition below. Just sayin'.

red [noun, adjective] (of hair or fur) (of) a colour/color which varies between a golden brown and a deep reddish-brown

Brightside
24-02-2024, 12:21 PM
Rocky. Emi. Vente start.

JohnM1875
24-02-2024, 12:22 PM
Rocky. Emi. Vente start.

For Triantis, Levitt and Myziane?

Diclonius
24-02-2024, 12:25 PM
Vente's in goal.

Brightside
24-02-2024, 12:26 PM
For Triantis, Levitt and Myziane?

Youan for Vente.

Stuart93
24-02-2024, 12:28 PM
Rocky and Fish doesn’t fill me with confidence to be honest.

However it could’ve been any pairing at CB

BoomtownHibees
24-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Rocky
Obita

Newell
Moriah-Welsh
Marcondes

Boyle
Vente
Maolida

Stuart93
24-02-2024, 12:48 PM
I quite like the look of the team though. Really hoping vente can turn a corner today, a goal for him would be good

Stairway 2 7
24-02-2024, 12:50 PM
Team looks sexy tbh

oneone73
Levitt injured?

EGL2000
Rate that team!

J-C
No Levitt, injured?

1875Sean
24-02-2024, 12:51 PM
Happy with Maolida on the left, only change I would make is Hanlon for Rocky. 3 points is a must

Seekyit
24-02-2024, 12:53 PM
No Levitt, injured?

Misses due to illness according to official site.

Broxburn Greens
24-02-2024, 12:53 PM

Dear oh dear… You type this waiting on the supporters bus to Ibrox?

Clearly a jambo at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
24-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Can't see Elie getting dropped. Vente needs to work his way back into the team imo. No get dropped in most important match of the season so far

I can see Elie being well up for this today.

Wee nerves kicking in still tho!
Well it will need to be from the Bench

Broxburn Greens
Levitt injured?

Was wondering that myself. Surely has to be an injury as he’s done enough recently to at least be in the squad.

KeithTheHibby
This is our strongest team with perhaps the exception of Cadden in for Miller. No excuses 👊🏻👊🏻

Ronniekirk
24-02-2024, 12:56 PM
Levitt injured?
Illness

Mikey_1875
24-02-2024, 12:57 PM
That front four will cause no end of problems hopefully. Big chance for Vente to show us something today with a strong supporting cast.

Broxburn Greens
24-02-2024, 12:57 PM
Happy with Maolida on the left, only change I would make is Hanlon for Rocky. 3 points is a must

Really hoping the big guy has a stormer today but aye, seeing his name has made me a tad nervous about the two CH

Greenio
24-02-2024, 12:58 PM
Do like the look of this team.

Mon Hibs, get right into them form the off!

VoltaireHibs
24-02-2024, 12:59 PM
Rossi: The Italian plural for Rosso, for which see the definition below. Just sayin'.

red [noun, adjective] (of hair or fur) (of) a colour/color which varies between a golden brown and a deep reddish-brown

I think that's waaaay too complex for our intellectually challenged interloper. He's probably been kicked out of kickback for being too clever. Just a poor wee soul with too much time on his hands.

Since452
That's our strongest side. No excuses today.

BoomtownHibees
Has Rocky played a competitive game since the derby?

Diclonius
24-02-2024, 01:01 PM
Good team.

Bakerman
24-02-2024, 01:01 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Rocky
Obita

Newell
Moriah-Welsh
Marcondes

Boyle
Vente
Maolida

Good foresight from those who thought Rocky would come in. Hope he and the rest of the team can get the vital three points we so desperately need. Looking forward to it. Come on Hibs.

VoltaireHibs
24-02-2024, 01:02 PM
Best team we can field, that would have been my pick. Let's see if I would make a good Hibs manager. 😁

VoltaireHibs
24-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Good foresight from those who thought Rocky would come in. Hope he and the rest of the team can get the vital three points we so desperately need. Looking forward to it. Come on Hibs.

I think with NM saying he was missing him when he was away, he'd look pretty daft if he then left him benched.

Iain G
24-02-2024, 01:08 PM
Marciano not in the matchday squad then? 😁

Tambo
24-02-2024, 01:15 PM
Mon the Hibs let's get the 3 points.

Ronniekirk
24-02-2024, 01:26 PM
Marciano not in the matchday squad then? 😁
arting XI
1. David Marshall (GK)
2. Lewis Miller
5. Will Fish
9. Dylan Vente
10. Martin Boyle
11. Joe Newell (C)
17. Myziane Maolida
20. Emiliano Marcondes
21. Jordan Obita
30. Nathan Moriah-Welsh
33. Rocky Bush

Sparrows tongue
24-02-2024, 01:27 PM
That’s as good a team as we could have hoped for. :thumbsup: Definitely good enough to beat Dundee.

Come on Hibs, let’s get the three points.

:flag:

hibee1875
24-02-2024, 01:27 PM
Was wondering that myself. Surely has to be an injury as he’s done enough recently to at least be in the squad.

Still looks like a lost wee boy imo

Hibernian Verse
24-02-2024, 01:31 PM
A quick google of “John Rossi Edinburgh” brings up quite a shocking bit of info about his namesake at the very worst.

Was thinking I’d find he’s a Jambo but much worse

overdrive
24-02-2024, 01:36 PM
A quick google of “John Rossi Edinburgh” brings up quite a shocking bit of info about his namesake at the very worst.

Was thinking I’d find he’s a Jambo but much worse

Except that’s only coming up because the trial was in Edinburgh. Person I assume you are referring to is Renfrewshire based by the looks of it

silverhibee
24-02-2024, 01:38 PM
This is a terrible match thread, if this is it :flag: :thumbsup:

Pagan Hibernia
24-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Team looks sexy tbh

That's Hibs, it's what we do

Donegal Hibby
24-02-2024, 01:47 PM
Like the team 👍

overdrive
24-02-2024, 01:55 PM
Stuck on a tram. Taken 20 mins to get from Princes St stop to St Andrews Sq stop - god knows how much of the game I’ll miss

sleeping giant
24-02-2024, 01:56 PM
Stuck on a tram. Taken 20 mins to get from Princes St stop to St Andrews Sq stop

Yeah thought I was going to be late. Made it with 10mins to spare despite having to change trams.

silverhibee
24-02-2024, 01:57 PM
This is a terrible match thread, if this is it :flag: :thumbsup:

Keith_M
24-02-2024, 01:58 PM
Wow, that was quite moving.

Big shout out to the Dundee Fans for showing such respect

Hibbyradge
24-02-2024, 02:00 PM
Wow, that was quite moving.

Big shout out to the Dundee Fans for showing such respect

I thought I heard them singing, no?

Keith_M
24-02-2024, 02:00 PM
I thought I heard them singing, no?

Only a handful, most were applauding

Keith_M
24-02-2024, 02:03 PM
OK,some attention seeking Ultras in the away end.

I take it back

:rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
24-02-2024, 02:06 PM
OK,some attention seeking Ultras in the away end.

I take it back

:rolleyes:

Why the sarky face?

I'm watching on TV and I only asked a question. I had no idea how many were singing.

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2024, 02:10 PM
Why the sarky face?

I'm watching on TV and I only asked a question. I had no idea how many were singing.

sure keith will explain himself but it looks like one post praising them...then taking the praise back the next, don't think he was being sarky to you ?

Keith_M
24-02-2024, 02:11 PM
Why the sarky face?

I was referring to the flares thrown on the pitch as the teams came out. 😬

Trinity Hibee
24-02-2024, 02:11 PM
sure keith will explain himself but it looks like one post praising them...then taking the praise back the next, don't think he was being sarky to you ?

Yeah that’s the way I saw it. think away fans chucked flares on pitch after

Hibbyradge
24-02-2024, 03:55 PM
I was referring to the flares thrown on the pitch as the teams came out. 😬

My mistake. 👍

Keith_M
24-02-2024, 04:52 PM
My mistake. 👍

Not a problem mate, hope you enjoyed the game

👍