PDA

View Full Version : Call It Out

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2024, 05:36 PM
I’ve just witnessed NM’s post match interview where he mildly suggests the penalty was a penalty.

I believe Ben Kensell also has private discussions now and again with the powers that be about decisions that we feel have went against us.

What good does that do? Where has it got us?

That decision today to not award the penalty is up there with the most blatant acts of corruption/bias I have ever seen. It’s disgusting and I’m still spitting feathers about it.

Why are we so weak, soft and subservient as a club? NM should be shouting from the ****ing rooftops about that and BK should be publicly calling it out with an official statement. Private discussions over a cup of tea and a biscuit are clearly not getting us anywhere.

Call it out exactly for what it is. We are soft as *****.

And whilst I’m at it, do the same with the Glasgow clubs and threaten to cut their allocations if they cannot behave themselves at Easter Road, mentioning in the same statement that because the SFA and whoever else don’t bother condemning them, we have no option but to take matters into our own hands.

I don’t want a nice welcoming, soft as **** Hibs anymore. Grow a ****ing set and call it out.

I think I need a drink.

Unseen work
17-02-2024, 05:39 PM
Even if we call it out it makes no difference

lyonhibs
17-02-2024, 05:42 PM
Any footage of this incident yet??

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2024, 05:42 PM

Unless we keep it up. Call it out every single time, put pressure on the referees and the SFA, SPFL and the Government especially when it comes to the sectarianism. Embarrass them publicly.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2024, 05:43 PM
Abu footage of this incident yet??

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240217/d62bd7254af75ad85ce87da1ca347510.gif

Callum_62
17-02-2024, 05:43 PM
Abu footage of this incident yet??.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240217/2162be6bb4ca8c79c1d858c1a8b3cc33.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Chorley Hibee
17-02-2024, 05:44 PM

Meek acceptance.

You keep calling it out until somebody listens.

Broken Gnome
17-02-2024, 05:45 PM
Posted from other thread...

Question to Kieran Power, and totally understand if this doesn't get as much detail as a supporter would want...

What's the club process each Monday with regards to footballing decisions, including VAR?

Is this done towards a board or director of football level? Or something coaches and assistants assess?

If we've identified that we've been hard done by (to put it mildly) then what process so clubs have in place? Does it vary and lies specific to Hibs or any other club, or is there something standardised?

VAR decisions obviously drive supporters nuts and in a more emotional way than it would employees of a club, but we don't simply shrug off such incidents do we?

lyonhibs
17-02-2024, 05:47 PM

****ing hell, that's abysmal

jeffers
17-02-2024, 05:47 PM
Unless we keep it up. Call it out every single time, put pressure on the referees and the SFA, SPFL and the Government especially when it comes to the sectarianism. Embarrass them publicly.

I agree with you, but as we aren’t the OF guaranteed doing it will only result in us getting even more bad decisions given against us. I’d like to see us get together with the other clubs and have the VAR conversations made public. If the broadcasters get to hear them why can’t everyone else ? Even that won’t make a huge difference but for today’s penalty that wasn’t given I’d love to hear what the discussion was.

bringbackbenny
17-02-2024, 05:54 PM

Maybe but the more pressure we apply the more difficult it makes for both Var and the officials to ignore these blatant calls. Rightly or wrongly we are seen as a soft touch and the club has to be assertive in changing this.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2024, 05:54 PM
I agree with you, but as we aren’t the OF guaranteed doing it will only result in us getting even more bad decisions given against us. I’d like to see us get together with the other clubs and have the VAR conversations made public. If the broadcasters get to hear them why can’t everyone else ? Even that won’t make a huge difference but for today’s penalty that wasn’t given I’d love to hear what the discussion was.

Oh you can guarantee it will result in us getting even more bad decisions…so we just keep calling it out. Each and every time. More and more vociferously.

The Rangers were set to break the world record for not conceding a penalty…and then as if by magic they concede a penalty in a game they’d long won. It’s an absolute farce. And we just put up with it. Good little Hibs, getting a wee pat on the head for keeping quiet. ****ing grow a set and call it out.

We are just as weak off the park as we are on it. It runs right through the entire club.

theonlywayisup
17-02-2024, 05:56 PM

How many times have we seen a player trying to control the ball with his upper body and it's debatable whether it's been his chest or his upper arm he's used and the ref guesses and gives a foul. That one is not even debatable. The player has clearly used his arm to control the ball. So frustrating, when you compare that to the penalty given against Lewis Stevenson (was that not against Aberdeen), when the ball hit his arm but hardly deflected the direction of the ball towards its intended target.

Big_Franck
17-02-2024, 05:57 PM
I’ve just witnessed NM’s post match interview where he mildly suggests the penalty was a penalty.

I believe Ben Kensell also has private discussions now and again with the powers that be about decisions that we feel have went against us.

That decision today to not award the penalty is up there with the most blatant acts of corruption/bias I have ever seen. It’s disgusting and I’m still spitting feathers about it.

Why are we so weak, soft and subservient as a club? NM should be shouting from the ****ing rooftops about that and BK should be publicly calling it out with an official statement. Private discussions over a cup of tea and a biscuit are clearly not getting us anywhere.

And whilst I’m at it, do the same with the Glasgow clubs and threaten to cut their allocations if they cannot behave themselves at Easter Road, mentioning in the same statement that because the SFA and whoever else don’t bother condemning them, we have no option but to take matters into our own hands.

I don’t want a nice welcoming, soft as **** Hibs anymore. Grow a ****ing set and call it out.

I think I need a drink.

Not making a fuss, keeping quiet and not shouting too loud when we are shafted is part of the "Hibs class" attitude that we see from the club and some fans, year after year.

For me, bending over and taking it dry from west coast referees year after year, while saying very little, is very Hibs unfortunately.

Jones28
17-02-2024, 05:57 PM
It would be nice for the club to be more vocal. This is a shocker of a decision.

Real Emerald
17-02-2024, 05:58 PM
Not making a fuss, keeping quiet and not shouting too loud when we are shafted is part of the "Hibs class" attitude that we see from the club and some fans, year after year.

For me, bending over and taking it dry from west coast referees year after year, while saying very little, is very Hibs unfortunately.

Our players seem to meekly accept these decisions too, we are easy to shaft!

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2024, 05:59 PM

Correct. And that mentality transcends right through the entirety of the club.

Jones28
Our player seem to meekly accept these decisions too, we are easy to shaft!

Shouting in a referees face gets you **** all except bookings. Always has and always will.

jeffers
Oh you can guarantee it will result in us getting even more bad decisions…so we just keep calling it out. Each and every time. More and more vociferously.

The Rangers were set to break the world record for not conceding a penalty…and then as if by magic they concede a penalty in a game they’d long won. It’s an absolute farce. And we just put up with it. Good little Hibs, getting a wee pat on the head for keeping quiet. ****ing grow a set and call it out.

We are just as weak off the park as we are on it. It runs right through the entire club.

Aye keeping quiet (or making our concerns in private if we are actually raising them) is getting us nowhere. I’m absolutely not wanting Lennon back but there is no way he wouldn’t have called that out today.

Real Emerald
17-02-2024, 06:00 PM
Shouting in a referees face gets you **** all except bookings. Always has and always will.

Shinnie doesn’t do too badly.

Chorley Hibee
17-02-2024, 06:01 PM

The mentality you speak of is endemic throughout the club.

It's no surprise we're in the mess we're in.

Pedantic_Hibee
Graeme Shinnie…able to completely dictate to the referee the whole game as well as standing over a prone Hibs player on the deck on more than one occasion giving it big licks. Where is our leader who puts him in his place and tells him to ****ing button it or he’ll rearrange that nose of his?

JimBHibees
We absolutely should be much more vocal and actually list the decisions. Absolute joke how much we get shafted by it

Carheenlea
17-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Utter disbelief when we saw that at half time on the phones.

Sort of expected to see a contentious call but wasn’t prepared for that. Could only laugh it was so blatant.

Match betting/fixing territory.

JimBHibees
Graeme Shinnie…able to completely dictate to the referee the whole game as well as standing over a prone Hibs player on the deck on more than one occasion giving it big licks. Where is our leader who puts him in his place and tells him to ****ing button it or he’ll rearrange that nose of his?

Agree Newell seems very timid as do we as a team

18Craig75
Neil Warnock also said in his post match that “We knew they were going to come here and dive”.

The club will meekly accept another manager slandering us whilst setting the narrative. As we’ve already seen against Celtic we’ll not get important decisions because of it. Should be publicly asking Warnock and Aberdeen to explain their comments and back them up with facts. What we’ll do though is listen to our manager tell cute anecdotes about Neil Warnock being funny 40 years ago. Pathetic, like many of our performances this year.

Chorley Hibee
17-02-2024, 06:03 PM
Our players seem to meekly accept these decisions too, we are easy to shaft!

Agreed.

Watch Shinnie, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts around referees and then watch us.

Weak as piss and accepting of everything.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2024, 06:06 PM
I never got past amateur level but as captain of the team I played in, if I came up against an opponent who was always in the referees ear trying to get my teammates booked or openly abused a teammate on the deck after he’d emptied him I would spend the rest of the game tormenting the life out of him.

But not us, not Hibs. We just go about our business quietly for 90 minutes until the referee blows his whistle and then we realise we’ve lost more points.

We should have been hounding the referee at that penalty call and making a right fuss about it, imploring him to look at it on VAR. But no, Maolida’s raised arm aside, we did nothing.

Too nice, too soft, too quiet, too meek and too far down the table to salvage a season.

Scotty Leither
17-02-2024, 06:08 PM

If Shinnie had stood shouting over a Hibs player like that and Erich Schaedler or John Blackley had been on the park they would have left their mark on him in short order.

greenginger
17-02-2024, 06:09 PM
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240217/2162be6bb4ca8c79c1d858c1a8b3cc33.jpg

Guy on BBC suggested it was not given cos it hit the tee shirt sleeve !:confused:

Pedantic_Hibee
If Shinnie had stood shouting over a Hibs player like that and Erich Schaedler or John Blackley had been on the park they would have left their mark on him in short order.

This current lot shake his hand at full time and say “good game”. Sums us up.

Callum_62
Guy on BBC suggested it was not given cos it hit the tee shirt sleeve !:confused:Aye, long sleeve t shirt sleeve [emoji23][emoji23]

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-02-2024, 06:11 PM

Like Shinnie did the whole game?

Silky
17-02-2024, 06:12 PM
Agreed.

Watch Shinnie, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts around referees and then watch us.

Weak as piss and accepting of everything.

It's not a new thing, though. It's been like that for years. It's the same when Hanlon has been captain, even Gray before him. Even the occasions when McGregor had the armband, I don't recall him being in a ref's face. It needs to change, and we need someone who has no fear of doing that
The problem is, I reckon that player will spend more time in the stand serving a suspension than playing, then I'll be on here criticising him for that and demanding that he keep his gob shut!🤣.

Real Emerald
17-02-2024, 06:12 PM
Guy on BBC suggested it was not given cos it hit the tee shirt sleeve !:confused:

A winter T shirt sleeve. New one 👍

Smartie
17-02-2024, 06:13 PM

Sort of rallies your own fans behind you a bit though. Continued indifference runs the risk of gradually turning passionate support to apathy.

I don’t think a Sevconian tears and snotters statement every 30 seconds is needed but some sort of public display of dissatisfaction when a vague line seems to have been crossed may well be justified.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2024, 06:13 PM
It's not a new thing, though. It's been like that for years. It's the same when Hanlon has been captain, even Gray before him. Even the occasions when McGregor had the armband, I don't recall him being in a ref's face. It needs to change, and we need someone who has no fear of doing that
The problem is, I reckon that player will spend more time in the stand serving a suspension than playing, then I'll be on here criticising him for that and demanding that he keep his gob shut!🤣.

At which point Hibs as a club call it out publicly and ask why Shinnie is treated differently?

It’s high time we started to ruffle a few feathers.

BoltonHibee
17-02-2024, 06:17 PM
Call it out and it makes refs think twice about giving decisions. Quite a few clubs in our league operate like that, but we continue to be the soft touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibeesdaft16
17-02-2024, 06:19 PM
Would rather we focus on the consistent under performance of our footballing department and team.

When the huns call it out I always feel it's a deflection mechanism as they are under performing on the pitch and it keeps the support on side.

Big_Franck
17-02-2024, 06:26 PM
I've just watched Monty's post match interview. Calling their hand ball in the box "unfortunate" is exactly what we are talking about in this thread, and a continuation of what we've all seen from the club for years.

Before VAR you could maybe understand it, but with VAR, for that incident not to be looked at, especially considering similar incidents are regularly VAR'd and awarded against us, is ridiculous. Monty needs to lead from the front and be stronger.

Real Emerald
17-02-2024, 06:27 PM
Would rather we focus on the consistent under performance of our footballing department and team.

When the huns call it out I always feel it's a deflection mechanism as they are under performing on the pitch and it keeps the support on side.

It’s underperforming but it’s also denying us goals that could have made our underperforming not so bad. We should have had a penalty (2 probably) against Celtic, they were lucky to get their 2, we should not have had a penalty against us v St Mirren and should have had a blatant one ourselves. Then that one today, it may have been the difference of 7 points. We’re not playing great but why should we not be shouting this injustice from the rooftops.

The worst thing is we’re not even getting VAR reviews for most of them.

Hibeesdaft16
17-02-2024, 06:31 PM
It’s underperforming but it’s also denying us goals that could have made our underperforming not so bad. We should have had a penalty against Celtic, they were lucky to get their 2, we should not have had a penalty against us v St Mirren and should have had a blatant one ourselves. Then that one today, it may have been the difference of 7 points. We’re not playing great but why should we not be shouting this injustice from the rooftops.

The worst thing is we’re not even getting VAR reviews for most of them.

We lost the St Mirren game easily, there's no way we should be blaming decisions on that one, it was shambolic.

We should have today yes, but they could have had a penalty also.

Fact is we would have lost today had it not been for VAR.

Callum_62
17-02-2024, 06:35 PM
We lost the St Mirren game easily, there's no way we should be blaming decisions on that one, it was shambolic.

Fact is we would have lost today had it not been for VAR.How could they have had a penalty?

Your no drinking that Warnock coolaid are you [emoji23]

Chorley Hibee
I've just watched Monty's post match interview. Calling their hand ball in the box "unfortunate" is exactly what we are talking about in this thread, and a continuation of what we've all seen from the club for years.

Before VAR you could maybe understand it, but with VAR, for that incident not to be looked at, especially considering similar incidents are regularly VAR'd and awarded against us, is ridiculous. Monty needs to lead from the front and be stronger.

He's as insipid a character as the teams he sends out most weeks.

Dull, boring and too scared to rock the boat.

A microcosm of Hibs in general.

Real Emerald

VAR correctly gave us the goal when the linesman incorrectly flagged offside, it’s a fact not a view by VAR. The St Mirren game was a shambles but taking a goal off them and giving it to us could have made it completely different. We have to be calling these out.

Edit: What penalty should they have had??

Real Emerald
17-02-2024, 06:38 PM
He's as insipid a character as the teams he sends out most weeks.

Dull, boring and too scared to rock the boat.

A microcosm of Hibs in general.

Summed up perfectly.

Hibeesdaft16
17-02-2024, 06:39 PM
How could they have had a penalty?

Your no drinking that Warnock coolaid are you [emoji23]

Did you miss the challenge on Duk by Marsh? :confused:

Stokesy's on fire

I think I need a drink.

Always seems to be Aberdeen how many games against them ĥas VAR been their 12th man? AbVARdeen FC

Callum_62
Did you miss the challenge on Duk by Marsh? :confused:Absolutely I did

When was that?

JimBHibees
17-02-2024, 06:41 PM
Utter disbelief when we saw that at half time on the phones.

Sort of expected to see a contentious call but wasn’t prepared for that. Could only laugh it was so blatant.

Match betting/fixing territory.

Agree completely corrupt. We need to start signing that Everton chant, premier league corrupt as **** :greengrin

Hibeesdaft16
17-02-2024, 06:41 PM
VAR correctly gave us the goal when the linesman incorrectly flagged offside, it’s a fact not a view by VAR. The St Mirren game was a shambles but taking a goal off them and giving it to us could have made it completely different. We have to be calling these out.

Edit: What penalty should they have had??

See above. And they did correctly give the goal. No VAR we lose though.

Clutching regarding the St Mirren game, I thought it was both penalties though. They cruised the second half three up and had the better chances. The decisions change nowt for me and deflecting from how badly the footballing side of the club are operating. The same I think of the huns when the done so earlier in the season.

Hibeesdaft16
17-02-2024, 06:42 PM
Absolutely I did

When was that?

Midway through the second half.

JimBHibees
17-02-2024, 06:43 PM

They had no valid claims for a penalty so no idea what you are talking about we on the other hand …

Callum_62
17-02-2024, 06:44 PM
Midway through the second half.Definitely didn't happen - I didn't miss a minute of the 2nd half

Or if it did happen it couldn't have even been highlighted as a possible penalty

Knowing Duk he probably threw himself down but I don't remember any Duk and Marshall involvement

Real Emerald
17-02-2024, 06:46 PM

Clutching regarding the St Mirren game, I thought it was both penalties though. They cruised the second half three up and had the better chances. The decisions change nowt for me and deflecting from how badly the footballing side of the club are operating. The same I think of the huns when the done so earlier in the season.

Marshall punched the ball away, no way anyone is getting a penalty for that.

Don’t get me wrong I’m completely with you at the shambolic performances and somewhat agree that even fixing all the decisions would make us any better. I’m not in any way excusing our performances but the fact is goals change games and you never know what would have happened had the decisions gone our way. Bad performances aside we do not deserve the bad decisions we’re being subjected to.

oneone73
17-02-2024, 06:49 PM
Midway through the second half.

Pish. If you mean the Miovski incident, Marsh clearly got the ball.

Donegal Hibby
17-02-2024, 06:50 PM
We absolutely should be much more vocal and actually list the decisions. Absolute joke how much we get shafted by it

If the same incident happened to the Huns we'd be sick of hearing about it between a statement, calls to meet the SFA etc etc . Our club has to do start calling out these decisions or it's going to keep happening . It's gone away beyond the point now were anyone can say it's just mistakes . Our handball penalty claim today would make a great advert for specsavers . And they say VARS working ? :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
17-02-2024, 06:52 PM

Would be some job to rearrange that nose

JimBHibees
17-02-2024, 06:54 PM

A two goal swing absolutely changes the game

Smartie
17-02-2024, 06:58 PM

He could definitely do with developing a bit of badness. Or at least a little bit of cuteness.

I sort of respect Warnock for his “we knew they were going to dive” comment or whatever it was. Warnock goes down that route too much but it has it’s place over tepid conformity every step of the way.

Tambo
17-02-2024, 07:05 PM
Just another bad decision against Hibs.

The Captain....
17-02-2024, 07:05 PM
It's just rank incompetence..the VAR operators today need removing...end of story. Its incredible how we didn't get a penalty for that handball.

I'm ****ing sick to death of the way VAR is interpreted by the imbeciles up here. I'm getting fed up with the game now tbh...could easily walk away and not give a **** about it.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Skol
17-02-2024, 07:06 PM
That was a penalty to hibs. However we also got away with one

LaMotta
17-02-2024, 07:10 PM

I think I need a drink.

100% agree.

How the **** is NM not going mad. Such weak management. He seems way too nice a guy.

JimBHibees
17-02-2024, 07:18 PM

We didn’t get away with anything

McGruber
17-02-2024, 07:20 PM

Got away with nothing. Marshall punches the ball and the follow through connects with the boys head, unfotunate for the lad but the keeper is entitled to go for it and has to go for the punch. Good goalkeeping

Heedersnvolleys
17-02-2024, 07:23 PM
If the same incident happened to the Huns we'd be sick of hearing about it between a statement, calls to meet the SFA etc etc . Our club has to do start calling out these decisions or it's going to keep happening . It's gone away beyond the point now were anyone can say it's just mistakes . Our handball penalty claim today would make a great advert for specsavers . And they say VARS working ? :rolleyes:

Would nae happen to the huns in the first place

truehibernian
17-02-2024, 07:29 PM
Got away with nothing. Marshall punches the ball and the follow through connects with the boys head, unfotunate for the lad but the keeper is entitled to go for it and has to go for the punch. Good goalkeeping

Exactly 👍 Marshall did well today. Miovski and Duk should have been booked for feigning injury too 👍 Duk is an utter embarrassment and another player who avoids getting called out - if that was Martin it would be all over social media.

As for Shinnie, I’d love to have played against him - he’d have no shins left 👍

Hiber-nation
17-02-2024, 07:32 PM
Even McCann and McFadden basically saying the Devlin handball was as bad a decision as they've seen.

Heedersnvolleys
17-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Just watched the Killie game, Celtic would have got the Killie penalty claim

LewysGot2
17-02-2024, 08:03 PM
Just watched the Killie game, Celtic would have got the Killie penalty claim

Celtic would have got the hand ball award at Pittodrie - and they weren't even playing*

* other teams may also benefit likewise but only if they play in Govan

ChuckNor
17-02-2024, 08:55 PM
Having watched this back I am stunned with the decision. Hibs absolutely must call this one out. Imagine if this was Rangers?

The Harp Awakes
17-02-2024, 09:04 PM

There can be no other conclusion that the game is rigged.

Squealing pig
17-02-2024, 09:09 PM
Minded me of the goldson one at ibrox when he elbowed ball away not given . Farcical

The Harp Awakes
17-02-2024, 09:10 PM
Having watched this back I am stunned with the decision. Hibs absolutely must call this one out. Imagine if this was Rangers?

The Rangers would have a statement out by 5 p.m.

They are shiesters but always defend their corner. Hibs in comparison are soft. If you never speak up you'll be rolled over and these decisions will happen time after time.

Torto7
17-02-2024, 09:15 PM
Even McCann and McFadden basically saying the Devlin handball was as bad a decision as they've seen.

Yet some on here still think there's nothing to bother about. The club needs someone to stick up for it in the media and has done my entire life.

Pagan Hibernia
17-02-2024, 09:17 PM
The Rangers would have a statement out by 5 p.m.

They are shiesters but always defend their corner. Hibs in comparison are soft. If you never speak up you'll be rolled over and these decisions will happen time after time.

This decision simply wouldn't happen to The Rangers.

On the subject of VAR, the guys on sportsound were even talking about it today. It has failed in Scotland. Completely and utterly. And it's costing clubs money that they can't really afford. I'm sick of hearing "get used to it, it's no going anywhere"... why can't it be binned?? The club's voted to have it in so the club's can vote it out... from what we hear week in week out there's a fair chance if given the opportunity again then most clubs would vote to get rid

davym7062
17-02-2024, 09:24 PM
i’ve just witnessed nm’s post match interview where he mildly suggests the penalty was a penalty.

I believe ben kensell also has private discussions now and again with the powers that be about decisions that we feel have went against us.

That decision today to not award the penalty is up there with the most blatant acts of corruption/bias i have ever seen. It’s disgusting and i’m still spitting feathers about it.

Why are we so weak, soft and subservient as a club? Nm should be shouting from the ****ing rooftops about that and bk should be publicly calling it out with an official statement. Private discussions over a cup of tea and a biscuit are clearly not getting us anywhere.

And whilst i’m at it, do the same with the glasgow clubs and threaten to cut their allocations if they cannot behave themselves at easter road, mentioning in the same statement that because the sfa and whoever else don’t bother condemning them, we have no option but to take matters into our own hands.

I don’t want a nice welcoming, soft as **** hibs anymore. Grow a ****ing set and call it out.

I think i need a drink.
cannot possibly add anymore

davym7062
17-02-2024, 09:29 PM

YEP,,,, THE HIBS CAPTIAN OR WHOEVER shoulg have been rite in that fannys face

davym7062
17-02-2024, 09:34 PM

when????? utter bollox re var

Se7enUp
17-02-2024, 10:06 PM

Guy on the BBC's an idiot, a ball doesn't deflect because of a shirt sleeve.

Se7enUp
17-02-2024, 10:07 PM
100% agree.

How the **** is NM not going mad. Such weak management. He seems way too nice a guy.

*soft

Se7enUp
17-02-2024, 10:08 PM
This decision simply wouldn't happen to The Rangers.

On the subject of VAR, the guys on sportsound were even talking about it today. It has failed in Scotland. Completely and utterly. And it's costing clubs money that they can't really afford. I'm sick of hearing "get used to it, it's no going anywhere"... why can't it be binned?? The club's voted to have it in so the club's can vote it out... from what we hear week in week out there's a fair chance if given the opportunity again then most clubs would vote to get rid

It's a charter for the cheaters.

Se7enUp
17-02-2024, 10:12 PM
when????? utter bollox re var

When our 2nd was given by VAR, having been called offside in play.

But in our games v other "minions", VAR is generally just incompetent. When the infirm are involved, the cheating begins.

Argylehibby
17-02-2024, 11:40 PM
I’ve not read the entire thread so apologies if this type of observation is covered before.

I had a conversation some years ago with a previous CEO about our reluctance to call out referees for blatant errors to our detriment. The response was to the effect that calling those out would most likely see even fewer decisions going our way. A decade or so later we are still being subjected to decisions going against us and still we say nothing.
When will those in authority at our club realise that the quiet, don't rock the boat strategy does not work and that we should now shout from the roof tops about the errors that harm us.
Given the option of a ruling in favour of our opponents where we say little or nothing versus one in our favour where the opponent shout loud about the injustice in it a surprise we end up on the wrong side of those calls?

CL0762
17-02-2024, 11:52 PM
Ever since Paul McGinn called it out after the league cup final vs Celtic, we have had absolutely ****ing nothing off the officials unless it was blatant.

like today, they took so long as they were desperate to find out anything that could disallow our equaliser.

Buc
18-02-2024, 12:03 AM
Being compliant is not working. Maybe it’s time to start shouting about the decision going against us week after week. Could we be any worse off?

andrew70
18-02-2024, 12:10 AM

I think I need a drink.

Spot on. Hope you got your drink.

Since BK spoke to the authorities we have not had one call go our way.

The handball was clear as day.

Time for a backbone.

JammyDoidger
18-02-2024, 12:24 AM
Paul McGinn got suspended for calling it out for what it is, what we should be doing is sending someone out to the media that isn't playing like a Hanlon or a Stevenson to call it out, if they get suspended then so be it. They're a bunch of cheating rats.

JohnM1875
18-02-2024, 12:32 AM
Can't see us calling it out, not for what it actually is anyway. Might release a pathetic twitter post or the like. But that'll be it.

I've said it a few times now, but I lost a lot of respect for the club the fact we sat back and said nothing after the Ron memorial match. Stand full of Huns singing their pish throughout the remembrance. His family, current owners, were there as well, not saying I blame them by the way, but If you don't stand up and say something after that then you never will.

Hibernian Verse
18-02-2024, 05:19 AM
Guy on the BBC's an idiot, a ball doesn't deflect because of a shirt sleeve.

That’s not what he means. The rule is that if it touches the arm above the shirt sleeve it’s treated as shoulder.

However, it clearly hits part of his forearm and elbow area.

RIP
18-02-2024, 06:59 AM
In some leagues a club's supporters would be calling it out.

Not at Hibs. We just bleat about it on social media. Bit like the moaning that will take place in East Mains or the West Stand on Monday morning. Make us feel self-righteous and achieve Hee-Haw.

I'm with Pedantic Hibee. I felt that his post was a call to action. So precisely what action are we prepared to take.

Moulin Yarns
18-02-2024, 07:00 AM
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/anderlecht-genk-var-replay-error-b2485908.html

It can happen in Belgium, why not here??

wookie70
18-02-2024, 07:37 AM
Ever since Paul McGinn called it out after the league cup final vs Celtic, we have had absolutely ****ing nothing off the officials unless it was blatant.

like today, they took so long as they were desperate to find out anything that could disallow our equaliser.

To be fair the 40 odd years before he called out the refs were the same. At no time can I remember in my 50 years watching Hibs refereeing being even close to 50:50. That isn't just against the Uglies either. I have had countless discussions with fans from other clubs who I have then challenged to list a few of the most memorable decisions that have went against their clubs in recent times. They usually struggle to come up with 3 or 4. We seem to be able to do that on a monthly basis for obviously bad decisions that never went our way and there are usually one or two a season that are simply unimaginable mistakes(Jordan Forster, Leigh, retrospective sending offs v Hearts, Falkirk Handballs, Marshall shoved into his goal etc). Hard to know what we have done to deserve the way we are refereed but the most obvious reason is they can simply do what they want and we take it on the chin. It is about time we started changing the narrative and calling out in bold text and stern words every really poor decision. I'd like to see our social media team put together a guess who got the decision with comparable clips where Hibs never got a pen and our opponents did. I want Montgomery to be far harsher in his critique of the penalty than he was and to address the ridiculous narrative against Boyle. A narrative referees, who failed to protect him when he was getting kicked into the stands on a weekly basis, have bought into hook, line and sinker. We really have little to lose if we go on the attack as we get nothing from the media or the officials anyway. We need to change the way we are seen as being nice is getting us nowhere.

.Sean.
18-02-2024, 07:46 AM
Hibs have been soft as **** for as long as I can remember, even as far back as when we won the cup and had every rag in Scotland calling us all sorts good old Hibs still wouldn’t stand up for themselves. This softness is handed down board member to board member, it’s not a new stain on us

The board completely embarassed themselves when they rolled over and had their bellies ticked and said **** all when you had thousands of Huns disrespecting Ron Gordon

Complicit in allowing sectarianism every time the Old Firm visit by not calling both of them out and allowing it

The board, and suntan man in particular, are spineless. Too scared to stand up for themselves and feared of upsetting anyone and in particular the Old Firm. Absolute *****BAGS time and time again

Week, timid, meek and pathetic, and I’m embarrassed they’ve got the audacity to be the face of our club at boardroom level
You’ve also got a manager that won’t speak out and a captain that won’t rattle someone laughing at his team mate so what chance have you actually got?

marinello59
18-02-2024, 07:59 AM
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/anderlecht-genk-var-replay-error-b2485908.html

Geez, no. It’s bad enough that it has robbed us of spontaneous goal celebrations. Robbing us of entire results would be madness.

Moulin Yarns
18-02-2024, 08:01 AM
Geez, no. It’s bad enough that it has robbed us of spontaneous goal celebrations. Robbing us of entire results would be madness.

Were we not robbed of a win yesterday because of a refereeing decision which VAR should have overturned?

marinello59
18-02-2024, 08:15 AM
Were we not robbed of a win yesterday because of a refereeing decision which VAR should have overturned?

So if we beat any of the old firm and they forensically analyse the game afterwards and find a mistake we happily replay it? Madness.
We should have had a penalty but our poor defending was more to blame for us failing to win the game.

Stokesy's on fire
18-02-2024, 08:33 AM

What??

Keith_M
18-02-2024, 08:36 AM

What f the game is replayed and we then lose?

:dunno:

Gatecrasher
18-02-2024, 10:26 AM

we'd lose if the game was played again :hilarious

Callum_62
18-02-2024, 10:27 AM
Wasn't the var replay because they got the law wrong - rather than just make an incorrect call

No game will be replayed if they make a judgement call (however wrong, surely)

Moulin Yarns
18-02-2024, 10:32 AM
Wasn't the var replay because they got the law wrong - rather than just make an incorrect call

No game will be replayed if they make a judgement call (however wrong, surely)

Was the handball rule correctly applied yesterday?

Callum_62
18-02-2024, 10:34 AM
Was the handball rule correctly applied yesterday?In 99.9 percent of people's opinion no - buts it's subjective

Encroachment isn't subjective

Col2
18-02-2024, 11:46 AM
I am still raging about the handball (non) decision. It’s arguably the worst call of the season.

Two points to make:-

1. This is not about VAR is good or bad for our game. Every debate it seems nowadays is dumbed down to good (yah) or bad (boo). I would be willing to bet that the majority of fans would agree the VAR TECHNOLOGY is a good thing. It’s the incompetence, inconsistency and sometimes unconscious bias from the OFFICIALS which is making it a total joke.

So for those saying we benefited from the overturned offside decision due to VAR offsetting the missed handball, it’s comparing apples with pears. Offside should be a TECHNOLOGY driven decision while the handball is very much down to a referee and then VAR OFFICIALS missing it or interpreting it differently to 99.9% of everyone else.

Until we recognize the issue and the narrative changes to focus on those making the decisions than it will remain simple
Sound bite question- are you a fan of VAR yes or no? Which won’t get us anywhere.

2. Hearts winger Forrest went down for what should have been a penalty a few weeks ago. But they gave a dive instead. BBC Sportsound spend almost the whole show talking about it, BBC sport website clipped the footage and headlined with it and it continued into the following weeks. For us? Next to zero coverage. Nothing on any website. Zilch. We need to create a ****show storm about this or nothing will change. That’s not Montgomery role that’s the CEO.

One Day Soon
18-02-2024, 11:51 AM
I am still raging about the handball (non) decision. It’s arguably the worst call of the season.

Two points to make:-

1. This is not about VAR is good or bad for our game. Every debate it seems nowadays is dumbed down to good (yah) or bad (boo). I would be willing to bet that the majority of fans would agree the VAR TECHNOLOGY is a good thing. It’s the incompetence, inconsistency and sometimes unconscious bias from the OFFICIALS which is making it a total joke.

So for those saying we benefited from the overturned offside decision due to VAR offsetting the missed handball, it’s comparing apples with pears. Offside should be a TECHNOLOGY driven decision while the handball is very much down to a referee and then VAR OFFICIALS missing it or interpreting it differently to 99.9% of everyone else.

Until we recognize the issue and the narrative changes to focus on those making the decisions than it will remain simple
Sound bite question- are you a fan of VAR yes or no? Which won’t get us anywhere.

2. Hearts winger Forrest went down for what should have been a penalty a few weeks ago. But they gave a dive instead. BBC Sportsound spend almost the whole show talking about it, BBC sport website clipped the footage and headlined with it and it continued into the following weeks. For us? Next to zero coverage. Nothing on any website. Zilch. We need to create a ****show storm about this or nothing will change. That’s not Montgomery role that’s the CEO.

Agreed. So what's he doing about it?

Aldo
18-02-2024, 12:07 PM
Who needs bloody VAR too see it was a handball. Officials should be slated for such a shocking decision. Cheating plain and simple.

Arm away from body and prevents ball reaching Hibs player. Clear as day. Even Mr Magoo sees that.

I that was a Hibs player in that position the opposition are getting a penalty kick. I’d have no complaints either as it’s a clear handball!

jeffers
18-02-2024, 12:11 PM
Who needs bloody VAR too see it was a handball. Officials should be slated for such a shocking decision. Cheating plain and simple.

Arm away from body and prevents ball reaching Hibs player. Clear as day. Even Mr Magoo sees that.

I that was a Hibs player in that position the opposition are getting a penalty kick. I’d have no complaints either as it’s a clear handball!

I look forward to the next VAR review and they decide they didn’t make a mistake with that decision yesterday :greengrin

silverhibee
18-02-2024, 12:16 PM

Shinnie done it for 90 minutes yesterday and I don’t think he got booked for shouting at the ref, you are allowed to have a go at the ref as long as you keep it clean.

CMac1988
18-02-2024, 12:17 PM
Hibs have been soft as **** for as long as I can remember, even as far back as when we won the cup and had every rag in Scotland calling us all sorts good old Hibs still wouldn’t stand up for themselves. This softness is handed down board member to board member, it’s not a new stain on us

The board completely embarassed themselves when they rolled over and had their bellies ticked and said **** all when you had thousands of Huns disrespecting Ron Gordon

Complicit in allowing sectarianism every time the Old Firm visit by not calling both of them out and allowing it

The board, and suntan man in particular, are spineless. Too scared to stand up for themselves and feared of upsetting anyone and in particular the Old Firm. Absolute *****BAGS time and time again

Week, timid, meek and pathetic, and I’m embarrassed they’ve got the audacity to be the face of our club at boardroom level
You’ve also got a manager that won’t speak out and a captain that won’t rattle someone laughing at his team mate so what chance have you actually got?

Agree. I'm not asking us to compete in the staement league but a bit of back bone wouldn't go amiss. From top to bottom we've been a soft touch for far too long.

Col2
18-02-2024, 12:25 PM
Agreed. So what's he doing about it?

He is either doing nothing or doing to in the background. Needs to be far. Ore vocal. I want refs to know we are not happy with the consistently ***** calls.

silverhibee
18-02-2024, 12:31 PM

We don’t have one of these players and haven’t had one for a long time, our players should have been running at the ref yesterday to demand a penalty, I don’t even think 90% even shouted for one, our captain should have been having strong words with the ref as well at the time, Shinnie bullied our players and not one of them stood up to him or got there own back with aggressive tackles.

So disappointed with the manager as well, he should have come out screaming and shouting about how we were robbed of a penalty and that Shinnie had the ref in his pocket for 90 minutes.

And while I’m at it, Ben Kensell is quite happy to talk to fans and tell them team news before games, signings we are making blah blah blah, if he can’t keep his big gub shut then put it to some use and organise a press conference for tomorrow and he can blether to the press about how badly the officials that referee games and the idiots who sit in a van are and ask them about if they think that was a penalty yesterday..

JohnM1875
18-02-2024, 12:37 PM
We don’t have one of these players and haven’t had one for a long time, our players should have been running at the ref yesterday to demand a penalty, I don’t even think 90% even shouted for one, our captain should have been having strong words with the ref as well at the time, Shinnie bullied our players and not one of them stood up to him or got there own back with aggressive tackles.

So disappointed with the manager as well, he should have come out screaming and shouting about how we were robbed of a penalty and that Shinnie had the ref in his pocket for 90 minutes.

And while I’m at it, Ben Kensell is quite happy to talk to fans and tell them team news before games, signings we are making blah blah blah, if he can’t keep his big gub shut then put it to some use and organise a press conference for tomorrow and he can blether to the press about how badly the officials that referee games and the idiots who sit in a van are and ask them about if they think that was a penalty yesterday..

Found that mental as well! It was basically only Myziane asking for it. We were all screaming at the TV when it happened, obviously we might have a better view, but the players had to have seen that?!

silverhibee
18-02-2024, 12:41 PM

What one did we get away with. :confused:

The Baldmans Comb
18-02-2024, 12:59 PM
Great to see a thread with such unaminity as Hibs really are club without any spine or backbone.✌

The penalty was bad enough but Warnock also gets away with saying "We knew they would come here and dive".🤬

Just a complete scandal but no worries as many of our sappy supporters really believe that Ben is having a wee word behind the scenes.😂

neil7908
18-02-2024, 01:17 PM
Agree that we are far too meek both on and off the field for stuff like this.

It was an absolutely shocking decision and if that had happened against either of the OF it would be a penalty all day long.

We MUST ask for an explanation from the authorities.

And Warnock can GTF with his comments.

Having said all that, VAR isn't the problem. It's just a tool. It's just highlighted how ridiculously corrupt our game is.

Getting rid of VAR does absolutely nothing to fix that issue.

Aldo
18-02-2024, 01:26 PM
Agree that we are far too meek both on and off the field for stuff like this.

It was an absolutely shocking decision and if that had happened against either of the OF it would be a penalty all day long.

We MUST ask for an explanation from the authorities.

And Warnock can GTF with his comments.

Having said all that, VAR isn't the problem. It's just a tool. It's just highlighted how ridiculously corrupt our game is.

Getting rid of VAR does absolutely nothing to fix that issue.

We shouldn’t be asking for anything we should be demanding answers.

Let’s face it though the officials can do what they want with zero consequences for poor performances. As I said earlier every single person in the stadium could see it was a clear penalty apart from the officials.

wookie70
18-02-2024, 04:12 PM
The footage from the Hibs media team confirms what we all thought. Half way down the arm, movement to ball and possibly the most obvious penalty for handball I have seen all season. It would have been a pen under any of the previous rules. Utter corruption that it is not given. For those who really like to torture themselves just go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbE5sbjQ8us&ab_channel=HibernianFootballClub and play it on 0.25 speed.

matty_f
18-02-2024, 04:25 PM
The footage from the Hibs media team confirms what we all thought. Half way down the arm, movement to ball and possibly the most obvious penalty for handball I have seen all season. It would have been a pen under any of the previous rules. Utter corruption that it is not given. For those who really like to torture themselves just go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbE5sbjQ8us&ab_channel=HibernianFootballClub and play it on 0.25 speed.
It's even worse from that angle.

I go back to the point I made after the Celtic game.

How long did VAR spend checking the video for the second Celtic penalty? It was different angles, slow motion, freeze frame stuff to get the decision. Forensic analysis to make sure the correct decision was arrived at.

Where was that diligence yesterday? Why are we not afforded a second or third look at that? Any check more than a cursory glance would tell you it's a penalty. The referee should be embarrassed that he's not seen it in real time but if you accept that's an honest mistake, then how can you possibly explain away VAR not giving it? Not even a pitch side review.

I'm 100% behind Hibs making a song and dance about it - we absolutely should be.

hibee-boys
18-02-2024, 04:25 PM

That’s made me even angrier, the club simply cannot let this lie. No fan of Sevco but at least their board have been prepared to try and stand up against such incompetence.No doubt nothing will be said ‘nothing to see here’ by our pathetically weak club. We challenge our players to show some heart and passion, what must they think when such an injustice goes ignored. Even Monty’s post match interview was weak on this point.

wookie70
18-02-2024, 05:00 PM
It's even worse from that angle.

I go back to the point I made after the Celtic game.

How long did VAR spend checking the video for the second Celtic penalty? It was different angles, slow motion, freeze frame stuff to get the decision. Forensic analysis to make sure the correct decision was arrived at.

Where was that diligence yesterday? Why are we not afforded a second or third look at that? Any check more than a cursory glance would tell you it's a penalty. The referee should be embarrassed that he's not seen it in real time but if you accept that's an honest mistake, then how can you possibly explain away VAR not giving it? Not even a pitch side review.

I'm 100% behind Hibs making a song and dance about it - we absolutely should be.

That is my biggest issue. Why do we never seem to get play stopped for decisions that could be in our favour unless there is a goal and they have to. Even then we get the short end of teh stick sometimes and have horrendous decisions like teh Ross County one where Marshall was fouled. I could almost get it when the Uglies are the only ones benefitting given how tailored Scottish football is to their needs. However it seems to be we don't get decisions against anyone and VAR has unbelievably made it even more obvious. It doesn't help that decisions like this are glossed over on TV with nonsense talk about Teeshirts etc. We know the rules it was a very simple and obvious decision. What makes it even worse is teams are getting handball pens against us and the players aren't appealing as they haven't seen a handball. Every player in teh video in a green shirt and a Don in teh crowd appear to see it is an obvious handball and the ref misses it, unexplainable to me, and it doesn't appear to be reviewed. If it was reviewed how much clearer can an error be.

Keith_M
18-02-2024, 05:06 PM
Rangers were awarded two penalties today after the Ref missed both infringements and was called to the monitor to watch them again.

If only the VAR team were so dedicated when it came to other clubs, like Hibs.

One Day Soon
18-02-2024, 05:14 PM
He is either doing nothing or doing to in the background. Needs to be far. Ore vocal. I want refs to know we are not happy with the consistently ***** calls.

He needs to do it in public and with passion so that the manager, the fans and the players know we are not taking any **** any longer. That way each of those three understand their own roles in getting on the referee's back every game and making it more obvious to the refs, the media and everyone else that we will call out every bit of bias and poor refereeing we encounter.

JimBHibees
18-02-2024, 05:33 PM

Wow don't think it could look worse however that picture does

Carheenlea
18-02-2024, 07:44 PM
Haven’t seen the full highlights yet, but have seen the Access all Areas footage.

What exactly were they trying their hardest to rule out the equaliser from Marcondes for?

Desperate stuff.

greenlex
18-02-2024, 07:58 PM
Haven’t seen the full highlights yet, but have seen the Access all Areas footage.

What exactly were they trying their hardest to rule out the equaliser from Marcondes for?

Desperate stuff.
Offside I think. Newell

matty_f
18-02-2024, 08:08 PM
Offside I think. Newell

It was Obita who was closest to bring offside in the build up, Newell was well onside but Obita was a bit closer to being off.

Kato
18-02-2024, 08:09 PM
Offside I think. NewellYet he was onside. Without var a perfectly good goal doesn't count. With var they still took two minutes before they gave it. Bendy line thing not going to work on that one.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Diclonius
18-02-2024, 08:15 PM
It was Obita who was closest to bring offside in the build up, Newell was well onside but Obita was a bit closer to being off.

Thought it was off at the time, good decision by VAR (for once).

Posh Swanny
18-02-2024, 08:18 PM
Yet he was onside. Without var a perfectly good goal doesn't count. With var they still took two minutes before they gave it. Bendy line thing not going to work on that one.

Tried their best though. VAR line drawn against the defender's heel, but he's bent at the waist and his backside is much closer to the goal. 🙄

cabbageandribs1875
18-02-2024, 08:22 PM
David Dickinson is a cheat :agree:he is NOT the Real Deal

the git

vuefrom1875
18-02-2024, 08:58 PM
Call it out and it makes refs think twice about giving decisions. Quite a few clubs in our league operate like that, but we continue to be the soft touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always sat on there hands been that way for decades whilst I've been watching them, they should be kicking up f##k...but we know, it's not in hibs dna.

FastEddieFelson
18-02-2024, 08:59 PM

Our second goal yesterday was a good example of why assistant referees are told to keep their flags down until the end of the passage of play.

If he had flagged early we wouldn't have gone on to score a perfectly legitimate goal.

LewysGot2
18-02-2024, 09:00 PM
Our second goal yesterday was a good example of why assistant referees are told to keep their flags down until the end of the passage of play.

If he had flagged early we wouldn't have gone on to score a perfectly legitimate goal.

Good point 👍

greenlex
18-02-2024, 09:01 PM

100% correct. It may bug the life out of dinosaur pundits and annoy fans and players alike but that’s the reason. I was actually debating that very thing today with a well known centre back who was saying it was always good to get a split second wee heads up from a Lino as he prepared to pop his flag up flag. My argument was the lazy Bassa should play to the whistle as we were taught from a very early age and cited yesterdays very scenario. He wasn’t all that pleased with how the conversation panned out.

matty_f
18-02-2024, 09:24 PM

Totally agree, I've argued that it's a good thing for the flag to be delayed for exactly that reason. An early, incorrect flag sees us lose yesterday.

Lago
18-02-2024, 09:29 PM
Totally agree, I've argued that it's a good thing for the flag to be delayed for exactly that reason. An early, incorrect flag sees us lose yesterday.
Yes your right, as an old dinosaur I'll just bite my tongue in future :greengrin

19-02-2024, 01:22 AM
"Penalty to Rangers" is already a meme. It'll not be long until "2nd penalty to Rangers" becomes a meme.

JimBHibees
19-02-2024, 06:42 AM
David Dickinson is a cheat :agree:he is NOT the Real Deal

the git

Just for context Dickinson reffed our game v Aberdeen at home last season where McRorie also committed a clear handball ignored by him he did though send Scales off rightly. Munro same ref as Saturday was ref for Duk pen, Kirkland was var for Duk pen was fourth official on Saturday. So between them we have had previous poor decisions from them v Sheep.

Was thinking at weekend maybe the Foley thing has ruffled a few feathers in a negative way at weeg hq leading to even more corrupt decisions.

Diclonius
19-02-2024, 06:44 AM
Always sat on there hands been that way for decades whilst I've been watching them, they should be kicking up f##k...but we know, it's not in hibs dna.

Yup, we love our DiGnIfIeD sIlEnCe.

JimBHibees
19-02-2024, 06:45 AM

Yes I thought Obita looked off at the time also thought Maolida looked off for Boyle goal must get my eyes tested. :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
19-02-2024, 06:49 AM
Yes I thought Obita looked off at the time also thought Maolida looked off for Boyle goal must get my eyes tested. :greengrin

They were both very close

Kato
19-02-2024, 07:00 AM
Was thinking at weekend maybe the Foley thing has ruffled a few feathers in a negative way at weeg hq leading to even more corrupt decisions.

Nope, it's always been like this.

Alex Trager
19-02-2024, 08:42 AM
I’ve listened to NM’s post match interview, and I am not convinced he is making a big enough deal about it.

He could point to all the decisions we’ve had against us and then the one on Sat.

I know he did do that, but I feel like he almost shyly says it. I don’t know what it is. Compare it to Warnock post match and it’s worlds apart.

It’s incredibly frustrating.

I want him calling all the rubbish decisions out in his pressers. It doesn’t have to be the full presser discussing the decisions but at least a part of them.

That non peno is a joke.

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2024, 08:49 AM
Monty clearly spoke to the 4th official at the time. Not sure if he was able to see replay but this wasn't var, it was a referee who either missed it or chose to ignore it.

As said elsewhere, referees are now not making decisions in real time, instead they wait for the voice in the ear to intervene and that needs sorting.

hibsbollah
19-02-2024, 08:55 AM
Any update to our normal 'Hibernian FC Dignified Silence Position In The Face of Refereeing Calamity' position? I honestly can't believe we're going to stay silent about that non-penalty at the weekend.

I've watched it again. i still can't believe that actually went to VAR and it wasn't given. Absolutely incredible. I think i'm even angrier about it today than I was on Saturday.

.Sean.
19-02-2024, 09:29 AM
Any update to our normal 'Hibernian FC Dignified Silence Position In The Face of Refereeing Calamity' position? I honestly can't believe we're going to stay silent about that non-penalty at the weekend.

I've watched it again. i still can't believe that actually went to VAR and it wasn't given. Absolutely incredible. I think i'm even angrier about it today than I was on Saturday.’Any update’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

From nice old Hibs. Not a chance

Chorley Hibee
19-02-2024, 09:31 AM
’Any update’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

From nice old Hibs. Not a chance

Montgomery calling it "unfortunate" tells you all you need to know about how robustly our club will challenge it.

Pathetic.

Alfred E Newman
19-02-2024, 11:25 AM
Montgomery calling it "unfortunate" tells you all you need to know about how robustly our club will challenge it.

Pathetic.

Meanwhile cunning old Warnock is almost demanding a full public inquiry into the assault on Miovski. The press this morning have now more or less forgotten about the hand ball and it's all about this old goat and his ridiculous comments.

One Day Soon
19-02-2024, 11:32 AM

I've watched it again. i still can't believe that actually went to VAR and it wasn't given. Absolutely incredible. I think i'm even angrier about it today than I was on Saturday.

Has there been any media reaction to this at all - BBC, Sky, radio, papers? I've seen and heard none and it certainly feels to me that had it been an Ugly Sister or Hearts we'd be in the middle right now of an avalanche of coverage.

All these pundits who are now humpty about VAR, where's their indignation when it's Hibs on the wrong end of **** officialdom from some West Central Scotland twat huddled in a portaloo with only as much time and as many replays as he likes to get it right?

hibsbollah
19-02-2024, 11:39 AM
twat huddled in a portaloo

Didn’t know this was a Craig Levein ‘86 thread.

Havent seen the paper’s today or seen Hibs social media activity, too busy with work, but id guess the strongly worded statement is Not Our Style.

Jones28
19-02-2024, 11:40 AM
Didn’t know this was a Craig Levein ‘86 thread.

Havent seen the paper’s today or seen Hibs social media activity, too busy with work, but id guess the strongly worded statement is Not Our Style.

😂

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2024, 11:44 AM
We’re Hibs. It’s what we do. Say nothing, do nothing.

Shame on you, Hibernian.

Carheenlea
19-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Managers are making remarks voicing complaints about decisions every week.

Rest assured if Nick Montgomery was to speak out then he would be receiving a notice of complaint the very next morning. He’s not “one of the lads” yet.

JimBHibees
19-02-2024, 11:48 AM
Managers are making remarks voicing complaints about decisions every week.

Rest assured if Nick Montgomery was to speak out then he would be receiving a notice of complaint the very next morning. He’s not “one of the lads” yet.

The club can though. Should be asking for a meeting with ref chief to discuss how our decisions are reached.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Anyone got Ben Kensell’s number? I’ll happily phone him ☺️

Pedantic_Hibee
19-02-2024, 11:51 AM
The club can though. Should be asking for a meeting with ref chief to discuss how our decisions are reached.

And making the results public. Our clandestine meetings that have taken place in the past haven’t exactly reaped any rewards. Or clarity.

.Sean.
19-02-2024, 11:51 AM
Anyone got Ben Kensell’s number? I’ll happily phone him ☺️
His email address is out there I’m sure, plenty folk have contacted him on it mate

JimBHibees
19-02-2024, 11:52 AM

Pathetic.

Yes unfortunate doesn't quite cover it however he did go onto say it was clearly a penalty and much more obvious than some of the decisions given against us.

JimBHibees
19-02-2024, 11:53 AM
And making the results public. Our clandestine meetings that have taken place in the past haven’t exactly reaped any rewards. Or clarity.

Yep our meeting to complain about Craig Thompson reffing the 2012 final which was then publicly announced as we were waiting for the meeting to happen kind of says it all. :greengrin

Alex Trager
19-02-2024, 11:54 AM
His email address is out there I’m sure, plenty folk have contacted him on it mate

[email protected]

Alvin
19-02-2024, 12:01 PM
Rangers were awarded two penalties today after the Ref missed both infringements and was called to the monitor to watch them again.

If only the VAR team were so dedicated when it came to other clubs, like Hibs.

That's one of the biggest problems with the operation of VAR in Scotland. Because it was a Sky game there were lots of close ups and different angles to examine. At Pittodrie there was one camera from miles away. So if the VAR guy is looking for a 'clear and obvious' error he's much more likely to say the pictures are inconclusive than in a Sky match (which, of course, almost always features Celtic or Rangers). That's why the practice (subliminal or not) of referees not making a decision and waiting for VAR to deal with is rubbish and gives yet another advantage to Rantic.

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-02-2024, 12:01 PM
It is all the secrecy that aggravates me, and perhaps many.

They say that the referees get too much abuse which is why they don't speak after games etc, it is totally counterintuitive!!

I keep coming back to rugby and the way these guys are respected.

If they made audio available and clarified the reasoning behind their decisions, players and fans would have more respect in my opinion.

It all comes down to transparency. I cannot at all think of the reason they dont make audio available or ask referees to explain their decision making process.

Real Emerald
19-02-2024, 12:14 PM
It is all the secrecy that aggravates me, and perhaps many.

They say that the referees get too much abuse which is why they don't speak after games etc, it is totally counterintuitive!!

I keep coming back to rugby and the way these guys are respected.

If they made audio available and clarified the reasoning behind their decisions, players and fans would have more respect in my opinion.

It all comes down to transparency. I cannot at all think of the reason they dont make audio available or ask referees to explain their decision making process.

I’d definitely like to hear the explanation of why we didn’t get the penalty on Saturday. Maybe the reason is there is no sensible explanation and by keeping silent they don’t have to. As you say it’s secrecy and that secrecy allows all sorts of manipulation to rules. We know why that is don’t we?

Smartie
19-02-2024, 12:40 PM
We’re Hibs. It’s what we do. Say nothing, do nothing.

Shame on you, Hibernian.

I quite like that we don’t say much.

I hate that we don’t say anything.

This (along with any number of incidents involving Rangers and their fans) is such an occasion when we need to speak out.

It’s a time when we’re looking for a bit of leadership, the type that our whole organisation is utterly devoid of right now.

worcesterhibby
19-02-2024, 12:56 PM
Official SPFL highlights on Youtube don't even show the handball incident, but of course there is plenty of footage of Marsh's punch. SPFL is corrupt. To be perfectly honest, it's pretty pointless attending games these days. 75% of the time we get shafted by cheating officials.

I think about the journey up from England, the costs financially and time-wise, just so I can watch west coast, masonic referess cheat us. This is the first year for about 20 years I've not made it up to a game (apart from Covid obviously) and right now, I can't see me bothering.

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-02-2024, 01:22 PM
I’d definitely like to hear the explanation of why we didn’t get the penalty on Saturday. Maybe the reason is there is no sensible explanation and by keeping silent they don’t have to. As you say it’s secrecy and that secrecy allows all sorts of manipulation to rules. We know why that is don’t we?

So it is up to our stewards (Kensel) to raise this?

It is a paid job so surely they are governed by some sort of law that encourages transparency...

Fratelli
19-02-2024, 01:29 PM
All Hibs had to do was release a statement along the lines of:

“Hibernian FC in response to concerns of VAR consistency, have today requested a meeting with the relevant authorities to ask for an explanation concerning the non-award of a penalty-kick for a clear hand-ball offence, which was missed by 3 match officials and 2 VAR officials.

As per a recent precedence, we have also requested a transcript of the audio to understand the decision-making process”.

This would have made national headlines and opened up the debate as well as showing that our Club is not a soft touch.

SickBoy32
19-02-2024, 01:39 PM
All Hibs had to do was release a statement along the lines of:

“Hibernian FC in response to concerns of VAR consistency, have today requested a meeting with the relevant authorities to ask for an explanation concerning the non-award of a penalty-kick for a clear hand-ball offence, which was missed by 3 match officials and 2 VAR officials.

As per a recent precedence, have also requested a transcript of the audio to understand the decision-making process”.

This would have made national headlines and opened up the debate as well as showing that our Club is not a soft touch.

Spot on. An outrageous (non) decision at the weekend and not a peep from the club, no wonder we’re seen as an easy target for refs.

Our CEO will likely be too busy plotting his next move to rinse the support of yet more cash , instead of standing up for the club against the blatant corruption we’re regularly subjected to.

.Sean.
19-02-2024, 01:44 PM
KP do the club intend to speak out about this?

hibsbollah
19-02-2024, 02:22 PM
Has there been any media reaction to this at all - BBC, Sky, radio, papers? I've seen and heard none and it certainly feels to me that had it been an Ugly Sister or Hearts we'd be in the middle right now of an avalanche of coverage.

All these pundits who are now humpty about VAR, where's their indignation when it's Hibs on the wrong end of **** officialdom from some West Central Scotland twat huddled in a portaloo with only as much time and as many replays as he likes to get it right?

Were Aberdeen & Hibernian denied clear penalties? - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68332106)
This was quite a good assessment, to be fair to them. Put up on the website only this morning.

Onion
19-02-2024, 02:49 PM
Were Aberdeen & Hibernian denied clear penalties? - BBC Sport (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68332106)
This was quite a good assessment, to be fair to them. Put up on the website only this morning.

Would have been bad enough pre-VAR if the ref or the Lino didn't give that, but for there to be some knobhead sitting in a box with a big telly who's only job is to spot key infringements of the law... it's inexcusable. Had this been Celtic or Rangers and it effectively cost them 2 points ion the chase for the league, it would have gone to the Scottish Parliament ! But then again, we all know there is not a single chance of that NOT being given to the OF.

Two sets of rules in football up here.

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2024, 03:23 PM
I've said before, the referees are now no longer making decisions. I rarely watch highlights of other games, but because the Rangers were given 2 penalties following VAR decisions I decided to look at that match highlights on the BBC. Second penalty is for handball. Defender turns his back to the shot, but has his arm extended, the shot hits his arm, he knew nothing about it because he was looking the other way. In our case Devlin is looking at the ball, deliberately moves towards it and throws his arm out to deflect the ball. The 'accidental' handball by the stop Johnston player is punished but the deliberate handball by Devlin isn't!!!

The inconsistent refereeing continues even with VAR.

The Rangers penalty should be used by hibs as evidence, IMHO.

Fratelli
19-02-2024, 03:44 PM

I was listening to ‘Open all Mics’ and Willie Miller was concerned it would be given but even with the benefit of replays, Leanne Crichton said ‘not for me Willie, seems to hit the upper arm’ or words to that effect.

Utterly ridiculous analysis of the incident!

Carheenlea
19-02-2024, 03:52 PM
Official SPFL highlights on Youtube don't even show the handball incident, but of course there is plenty of footage of Marsh's punch. SPFL is corrupt. To be perfectly honest, it's pretty pointless attending games these days. 75% of the time we get shafted by cheating officials.

I think about the journey up from England, the costs financially and time-wise, just so I can watch west coast, masonic referess cheat us. This is the first year for about 20 years I've not made it up to a game (apart from Covid obviously) and right now, I can't see me bothering.

Did the highlights show the Shinnie tackle that was deemed worthy of just a yellow? Be good to see that one again to determine if it was as bad as it looked at the time.

hibsbollah
19-02-2024, 04:08 PM
I was listening to ‘Open all Mics’ and Willie Miller was concerned it would be given but even with the benefit of replays, Leanne Crichton said ‘not for me Willie, seems to hit the upper arm’ or words to that effect.

Utterly ridiculous analysis of the incident!

Leanne has form for talking utter drivel.

worcesterhibby
19-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Did the highlights show the Shinnie tackle that was deemed worthy of just a yellow? Be good to see that one again to determine if it was as bad as it looked at the time.

Of course they didn't include it !

Diclonius
19-02-2024, 08:35 PM
Confirmed by SFA that they ****ed it up. Hibs twitter.

DaveF
19-02-2024, 08:39 PM

Id like to know if there is to be any sanction at all for the idiot on var who made the 'error'.

I'm going to assume not and he'll be in situ next week.

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2024, 08:40 PM

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-var-usage-aberdeen-a

The Club held meetings with the Scottish FA at Hampden earlier today (19 February) to challenge the decision. The governing body outlined that the Referee Department agreed that the incident should have been referred by VAR for On-Field Review, and therefore an error was made.

This is not the first occasion where the Club has received an apology for VAR errors, and the Club will continue to work with the Scottish FA regarding officiating in the Scottish game.

B.H.F.C
19-02-2024, 08:44 PM
Never mind VAR, they should have been that the referee should have given it in the first place. He was in the perfect position.

You never quite know what will happen when you’re at the game and something is being checked, but I was certain at the time that the ref would be sent to the screen.

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2024, 08:47 PM
Never mind VAR, they should have been that the referee should have given it in the first place. He was in the perfect position.

You never quite know what will happen when you’re at the game and something is being checked, but I was certain at the time that the ref would be sent to the screen.

Said it before, since VAR referees don't give decisions and now wait for VAR to intervene. St Johnstone v rangers, first penalty the ref looks to his assistant (linesman) for a decision.

Alex Trager
19-02-2024, 08:48 PM
Spot on. An outrageous (non) decision at the weekend and not a peep from the club, no wonder we’re seen as an easy target for refs.

Our CEO will likely be too busy plotting his next move to rinse the support of yet more cash , instead of standing up for the club against the blatant corruption we’re regularly subjected to.

Wonder what his next move is? 🙊

Carheenlea
19-02-2024, 08:49 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-var-usage-aberdeen-a

The Club held meetings with the Scottish FA at Hampden earlier today (19 February) to challenge the decision. The governing body outlined that the Referee Department agreed that the incident should have been referred by VAR for On-Field Review, and therefore an error was made.

This is not the first occasion where the Club has received an apology for VAR errors, and the Club will continue to work with the Scottish FA regarding officiating in the Scottish game.

Glad Hibs have challenged the authorities over this.

What we will see as retribution is obviously going to be a concern if what we have been dealt following the previous complaint is anything to go by, but it needed to be said.

matty_f
19-02-2024, 08:52 PM
My only complaint with what Hibs have done here is that I wished they'd out that tweet out an hour earlier before we'd recorded an episode about how they needed to do more to stand up for ourselves with these decisions. :faf:

I'm glad we complained, I'm glad we went public, and I'd like our next move to be to ask how we've had other apologies but no errors referenced in the review that reflect that.

Callum_62
19-02-2024, 09:00 PM
I'd like our next move to be to ask how we've had other apologies but no errors referenced in the review that reflect that.

That's a great point and one I'd love to know the answer to

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2024, 09:01 PM
My only complaint with what Hibs have done here is that I wished they'd out that tweet out an hour earlier before we'd recorded an episode about how they needed to do more to stand up for ourselves with these decisions. :faf:

I'm glad we complained, I'm glad we went public, and I'd like our next move to be to ask how we've had other apologies but no errors referenced in the review that reflect that.

Genuinely laughed at this 🤣

oneone73
19-02-2024, 09:02 PM

They might not have been in the second round.

matty_f
19-02-2024, 09:23 PM
They might not have been in the second round.

We had none in the first either.

JimBHibees
19-02-2024, 09:35 PM
We had none in the first either.

Maybe all in our last three league games. By my count been cheated out of pen against Buddies who also got a pen they shouldn’t have. Two pens v Celtic and one pen on Saturday. That is genuinely a staggering list in just three games and if penalties scored would have won us an additional 5 points. Go Scottish refs

JimBHibees
19-02-2024, 09:36 PM

Assume one’s not checked by var when should have.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 09:48 PM
A lot of Hibernian supporters, have been calling it out for decades. We had a lot of others, shouting them down, conspiracy theories etc. Var has proven beyond any doubt, that it was true, not a conspiracy, that there has been deep embedded bias against us for a long long time. The other one we'll have to break is that Biscuits, Robertson, Doddsy, Craigan, McGlaughlin, etc are harmless, and unbiased, cough. Unbiased would be a range of voices, including one that is a Hibs voice. Its offensive. I pay the BBC license fee, and I'm Scottish, Hibs supporter, but they deliberately unfairly exclude us from having a Hibs voice on sportsound. We need change across the spectrum, just to have a fair coverage, its not a lot to ask, is it?

KeithTheHibby
19-02-2024, 10:05 PM
I’m glad Hibs have spoken out. We need all clubs to be challenging these dreadful decisions given by officials each week. It’s the only way things will change.

Keepthefaith
19-02-2024, 10:15 PM
I’m glad Hibs have spoken out. We need all clubs to be challenging these dreadful decisions given by officials each week. It’s the only way things will change.

It'll only change if there are consequences for the officials involved. Can't recall any here unlike EPL where demotions are made public.

Stonewall
19-02-2024, 10:22 PM
It'll only change if there are consequences for the officials involved. Can't recall any here unlike EPL where demotions are made public.

With all respect it’s not individuals but the whole institution we’re fighting.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 10:23 PM

Michael Stewart was the sole pundit, who made an issue of the blatant use of an arm to play the ball. If we have other non biased pundits across the media to call out obvious skullduggery by officials, the more accountability there will be. We require change at the bbc sportsound first and foremost. Its a jambo fest with biscuits hiring his jambo legends, and mates onboard. We need scrutiny from the media for change. Lets really call it out for what it is. Its not a lot to aspire to, just fairness.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 10:26 PM

:agree:

Absolutely. Lets fight for fairness, its not a lot to ask for, but well worth fighting for.

LaMotta
19-02-2024, 10:30 PM
Michael Stewart was the sole pundit, who made an issue of the blatant use of an arm to play the ball. If we have other non biased pundits across the media to call out obvious skullduggery by officials, the more accountability there will be. We require change at the bbc sportsound first and foremost. Its a jambo fest with biscuits hiring his jambo legends, and mates onboard. We need scrutiny from the media for change. Lets really call it out for what it is. Its not a lot to aspire to, just fairness.

Yeh true agree with that. Monty could and should have helped with that though by raising it strongly post match, meaning the pundits had no option to talk about it.

Chorley Hibee
19-02-2024, 10:33 PM
Good on Hibs for finally speaking up.

It can't be a single incident though. It requires a consistent approach now, and particularly so against the two arsecheeks.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 10:36 PM
Yeh true agree with that. Monty could and should have helped with that though by raising it strongly post match, meaning the pundits had no option to talk about it.

He did call it out in his interview. He clearly said it was an obvious error, especially what had been given against us recently. Look, its about time we had at least one Hibs voice among the 'pundits'. Why should it always be 'Biscuits' at tiny or nearby, or Robbo, or Craigan, or Mcfadden, or Crighten who knows nothing, or Wullie Muller, or McGlaughlin, or any other Jambo sympathesier, with zero Hibernian voices. Lets have just one Hibs voice, who calls them out. Its not a lot to ask.

LaMotta
19-02-2024, 10:41 PM
He did call it out in his interview. He clearly said it was an obvious error, especially what had been given against us recently. Look, its about time we had at least one Hibs voice among the 'pundits'. Why should it always be 'Biscuits' at tiny or nearby, or Robbo, or Craigan, or Mcfadden, or Crighten who knows nothing, or Wullie Muller, or McGlaughlin, or any other Jambo sympathesier, with zero Hibernian voices. Lets have just one Hibs voice, who calls them out. Its not a lot to ask.

He didn't call it out properly - not strong enough.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 10:47 PM
He didn't call it out properly - not strong enough.

Not strong enough for the 'pundits' to talk about the dons player clearly using an arm to block the ball from reaching a Hibs player in the Aberdeen box? Maybe if he had shouted at the camera, the 'pundits' might have talked about it? Come on, pull the other one.

Real Emerald
19-02-2024, 10:58 PM
I’m glad Hibs have called it out, it’s becoming at least one a game now. The balance of wrong calls against can’t just be honest mistakes now.

LaMotta
19-02-2024, 11:18 PM
Not strong enough for the 'pundits' to talk about the dons player clearly using an arm to block the ball from reaching a Hibs player in the Aberdeen box? Maybe if he had shouted at the camera, the 'pundits' might have talked about it? Come on, pull the other one.

I agreed with you on that point earlier that pundits should be talking about it anyway. But that doesnt change that Monty hasnt been strong enough in that post match interview or others. And of course if a manager shouts at the camera then the pundits will be more likely to talk about the incident he was shouting about. That is quite obvious, no idea how you havent noticed that over the years.

cubehindthegoal
19-02-2024, 11:23 PM

This is it in a nutshell.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 11:25 PM
I agreed with you on that point earlier that pundits should be talking about it anyway. But that doesnt change that Monty hasnt been strong enough in that post match interview or others. And of course if a manager shouts at the camera then the pundits will be more likely to talk about the incident he was shouting about. That is quite obvious, no idea how you havent noticed that over the years.

Wouldn't it just be better if we had at least one hibs voice in the media, arguing hibs angles instead of Biscuits, Robbo, Craigan, Doddsy, Crighton, McFadden, Thommo, Wullie Muller, etc. Just one Hibs man or woman on there? Monty could shout as loud as he wants, but won't get a single sympathetic ear on there as has been proven. i pay the BBC license fee, and am seriously considering cancelling it, as they are so biased against my club.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 11:27 PM
This is it in a nutshell.

:agree:

LaMotta
19-02-2024, 11:33 PM
Wouldn't it just be better if we had at least one hibs voice in the media, arguing hibs angles instead of Biscuits, Robbo, Craigan, Doddsy, Crighton, McFadden, Thommo, Wullie Muller, etc. Just one Hibs man or woman on there? Monty could shout as loud as he wants, but won't get a single sympathetic ear on there as has been proven. i pay the BBC license fee, and am seriously considering cancelling it, as they are so biased against my club.

Yes it would be better but Hibs cant control that. We can control raising the profile of poor decisions in post match interviews.

Bakerman
19-02-2024, 11:42 PM
Yes it would be better but Hibs cant control that. We can control raising the profile of poor decisions in post match interviews.

Monty did raise the issue of the biased decision, in his post match interview. I clearly heard him. Its not his fault the BBC decided to ignore it, and avoid the issue of the dons player using his arm to divert the ball away from the hibs player in the box. Would it have been better for you, if Monty had carried a protest banner into the interview, instead of talking about it :greengrin

Col2
19-02-2024, 11:48 PM
I suspect we might hear more at the AGM in terms of how unhappy the club are and how many challenges/complaints we have put in. We are definitely at the ****ty end of the stick when it comes to fairness and consistency.

PHeffernan
19-02-2024, 11:55 PM

How's your podcast going Joey?

LaMotta
19-02-2024, 11:58 PM
Monty did raise the issue of the biased decision, in his post match interview. I clearly heard him. Its not his fault the BBC decided to ignore it, and avoid the issue of the dons player using his arm to divert the ball away from the hibs player in the box. Would it have been better for you, if Monty had carried a protest banner into the interview, instead of talking about it :greengrin

Last word on the matter - he didn't raise it strongly enough. There are countless dodgy incidents every week. Its not just for pundits though its to pressurise officials too for the following games. He failed to raise our non pen v St Mirren as an example.

Bakerman
20-02-2024, 12:01 AM
Are you Joey Barton in disguise?

I assume that's a dig at me calling me you out for being a David Dickinson.

I just want to have one Hibernian voice on the BBC sportsound. I am so sick fed up of Biscuits and his anti hibs lodge on there.

Bakerman
20-02-2024, 12:02 AM
Last word on the matter - he didn't raise it strongly enough. There are countless dodgy incidents every week. Its not just for pundits though its to pressurise officials too for the following games. He failed to raise our non pen v St Mirren as an example.

Didn't raise it strongly enough, nae worries.

PHeffernan
20-02-2024, 12:06 AM
I assume that's a dig at me calling me you out for being a David Dickinson.

I just want to have one Hibernian voice on the BBC sportsound. I am so sick fed up of Biscuits and his anti hibs lodge on there.

Yogi is on sportsound occasionally. He is a slavering dinosaur.
Kevin Harper sounds knowledgeable on Hibs TV so I would like to see him given a shot at the Sportscene gig.
I don't mind most of the pundits on the programme, Pat Bonnar is the least entertaining and I much preferred Richard Gordon to Kenny MacIntyre who has taken the programme in a tedious tabloid direction.

P.S. Your spellings of the pundits names are pretty horrific.
Kryten is another mispell of Crichton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-S6SiLhrs

Bakerman
20-02-2024, 12:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-S6SiLhrs

David, just whatever, go boil yer nuts. Dickinson.

LaMotta
20-02-2024, 06:33 AM
Didn't raise it strongly enough, nae worries.

:nanawave:

Unseen work
20-02-2024, 06:36 AM
The amount of Aberdeen fans greeting/having a go at Hibs for calling it out is mental.

“Did you mention the Miovski incident?” Well no of course not, that would obviously fall on Aberdeen to moan about.

Such a dislikable support

erin go bragh
20-02-2024, 06:37 AM
SFA issue Hibs an apology for the wrong decision. What effin good is that . Get the Aberdeen keeper and Boyle at Hampden and if Boyle scores, we get the 3pts.

DaveF
20-02-2024, 06:44 AM
How's your podcast going Joey?

She is female version of Kris Boyd, who seems to say anything contrary to what is actually correct, all in attempt to keep her relevant. There are good female pundits and commentators out there. She isn't one of them.

Alex Trager
20-02-2024, 08:30 AM
She is female version of Kris Boyd, who seems to say anything contrary to what is actually correct, all in attempt to keep her relevant. There are good female pundits and commentators out there. She isn't one of them.

I get the impression she hates hibs as well.

Since452
20-02-2024, 08:41 AM
I'm glad we've released a statement. I've said before that we are too soft as a club and just accept everything. Poor VAR calls, poor refereeing decisions, poor away fan behavior at ER etc. I'd love us to publicly moan and complain about everything. Don't care who we upset. Create a bit of siege mentality as a club. Well done Hibs.

Alfred E Newman
20-02-2024, 08:43 AM
Strangely, despite all his Hearts nonsense, Biscuits is the one pundit who tends to speak up for us .

Since452
20-02-2024, 08:49 AM
Was Dickinson the same atrocious referee we had against St Johnstone at Perth last season? The worst refereeing display i've ever seen that day.

Spike Mandela
20-02-2024, 09:04 AM
No expanation given for it not going to VAR though, just admitted it was an error.

How or why do you make an error in such a clear and obvious incident?

I alway have visions of the var official studying a Rangers excursion into the box with a magnifying glass, a protractor , a ruler and a team of clerks rifling through the rule book whilst when Hibs venture into the box he hits fast forward and goes for a pee.

Stokesy's on fire
20-02-2024, 10:20 AM
The amount of Aberdeen fans greeting/having a go at Hibs for calling it out is mental.

“Did you mention the Miovski incident?” Well no of course not, that would obviously fall on Aberdeen to moan about.

Such a dislikable support

Huns if the north

JJP
20-02-2024, 11:04 AM
Article on the BBC says that the SFA are denying that an apology was requested by Hibs or was issued by the SFA.

The_Sauz
20-02-2024, 01:34 PM
Leanne Crichton & Neil McCann use to do Rangers TV! :agree:
Not sure if the still do.

Hibbyradge
20-02-2024, 01:38 PM
Article on the BBC says that the SFA are denying that an apology was requested by Hibs or was issued by the SFA.

So they agree it was a mistake but they didn't apologise for it. WTAF? :bitchy:

neil7908
20-02-2024, 01:46 PM
So they agree it was a mistake but they didn't apologise for it. WTAF? :bitchy:

Only Rangers get an apology. And usually the grovelling kind.

HarpOnHibee
20-02-2024, 02:26 PM
Wasn't a mistake. Mistakes are accidental. That's why they're not apologising.

Kato
20-02-2024, 03:17 PM
Wasn't a mistake. Mistakes are accidental. That's why they're not apologising.They left it out of their official highlights. Add gaslighting to their deliberate "mistake".

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2024, 03:36 PM
They left it out of their official highlights. Add gaslighting to their deliberate "mistake".

I presume the highlights are on the SPFL channel, the referees are the SFA.

VoltaireHibs
20-02-2024, 03:41 PM
Strangely, despite all his Hearts nonsense, Biscuits is the one pundit who tends to speak up for us .

Yeah, I find that, when you get past all the usual tribal blether, that Preston is pretty fair on us. Certainly doesn't come over as quite as bitterly against us as a few of the others. There's definitely a weird anti Hibs thing going on with a few of the commentators and talking heads. I put it down to the fact that we sacked their pal JR, and haven't even interviewed any of their other pals in the goldfish bowl since then, despite multiple opportunities to do so. 😁

Kato
20-02-2024, 04:24 PM
I presume the highlights are on the SPFL channel, the referees are the SFA.Does it make any difference?

PHeffernan
21-02-2024, 09:53 PM
Does it make any difference?

The SPFL represent the clubs, including Hibs. They run the league on the clubs behalf and left this incident out of their highlights package. That is down to them.
It's nothing to do with the SFA whose role relates to referees and discipline, the national team, grass roots football and the Scottish Cup.

Accordingly your post "They left it out of their official highlights. Add gaslighting to their deliberate "mistake"."
makes no sense.

Kato
21-02-2024, 09:53 PM
The SPFL represent the clubs, including Hibs. They run the league on the clubs behalf and left this incident out of their highlights package. That is down to them.
It's nothing to do with the SFA whose role relates to referees and discipline, the national team, grass roots football and the Scottish Cup.Nope. Not seeing the difference.