PDA

View Full Version : Neil Warnock

Pages : [1] 2

SteveHFC
17-02-2024, 05:04 PM
Anyone listening to his interview on the radio.

What a ****ing clown.

JohnM1875
17-02-2024, 05:05 PM
Anyone listening to his interview on the radio.

What a ****ing clown.

Exactly why I'm not listening. Can't stand the tit.

Sparrows tongue
17-02-2024, 05:05 PM
Colin has always been a clown.

matty_f
17-02-2024, 05:06 PM
An absolute ********.

hibsbollah
17-02-2024, 05:07 PM
What's he said?

Bakerman
Mikey Stewart, saying definite penalty to Hibernian. Giving it gusto about it. Well said Stewart, the only one today to mention it even.

1875Sean
Who is the guy interviewing him? He asks warnock about the penalty and follows it up himself saying it’s not a penalty before he can respond, at least Michael Stewart is calling it out

A Hi-Bee
17-02-2024, 05:08 PM
He does like a laugh eh, full of fun working up here in Scotland.
:greengrin

Scottie
17-02-2024, 05:09 PM
What's he said?
Glad I’m not the only one wondering 🤔

SteveHFC
17-02-2024, 05:10 PM
What's he said?

He said Marshall committed manslaughter on Miovski and he said he knew we were a team of divers.

hibsbollah
17-02-2024, 05:12 PM
He said Marshall committed manslaughter on Miovski and he said he knew we were a team of divers.

Well we are a 'diverse' team, certainly. Maybe that's what he meant.

Keepthefaith
17-02-2024, 05:12 PM

really? how ****ing disrespectful to Monty! guys an absolute clown if he said that given he has Duk and Shinnie in his team. absolute bellend.

nothing about how lucky they were to get away with a clear pen?

Bakerman
17-02-2024, 05:13 PM
He does like a laugh eh, full of fun working up here in Scotland.

Mr Warnock

Callum_62
17-02-2024, 05:15 PM
Manslaughter?

Haha, Marshall clearly punches the ball out for a corner and then there's a collision - it's never a penalty

Our one ofcourse is about as blatant as they come - no one can surley argue that fact

The diver comment (not heard it) should see him get a touchline ban

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Aldo
17-02-2024, 05:17 PM

Ha the irony with Dukki Diver in his team. Surely he should be getting done for bringing the game into disrepute with those comments?

hibsbollah
17-02-2024, 05:19 PM
Warnock was Sheff Utd manager at the Battle of Bramall Lane game with west Brom, Derek McInnes fighting, diving, cheating, pretending to be injured (Nick Montgomery on the bench), square goes, so many players sent off the game was abandoned, only match in English football history to be abandoned due to shortage of players.

he knows a bit about cheating.

CallumLaidlaw
17-02-2024, 05:21 PM
Ha the irony with Dukki Diver in his team. Surely he should be getting done for bringing the game into disrepute with those comments?

Shinnie spent the game falling on the ball whenever a player was within 3 yards of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
17-02-2024, 05:24 PM
Imagine moaning about the opposition diving when he’s got Duk in his team. Miovski and Shinnie were at it too.

Dublin07
17-02-2024, 05:24 PM
He is here for a jolly and is going to spout as much crap as possible to get headlines. Have never been a fan of his antics. Best ignored.

weecounty hibby
17-02-2024, 05:25 PM
Warnock has always been a prick. Unfortunately he is now a prick that the media up here will fawn over as they'll see him as doing us a favour by coming to manage a Scottish club.

JohnM1875
17-02-2024, 05:25 PM
Warnock has always been a prick. Unfortunately he is now a prick that the media up here will fawn over as they'll see him as doing us a favour by coming to manage a Scottish club.

:agree:

Kato
17-02-2024, 05:26 PM
Warnock has always been a prick. Unfortunately he is now a prick that the media up here will fawn over as they'll see him as doing us a favour by coming to manage a Scottish club.Interviews with him have been in general an embarrassment to the interviewer.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Aldo
17-02-2024, 05:30 PM
Shinnie spent the game falling on the ball whenever a player was within 3 yards of him.

Exactly.

bringbackbenny
17-02-2024, 05:31 PM
Onus on Hibs to call this out, initially in a statement then straight to the SPFL

AL-Qaholik
17-02-2024, 05:34 PM
The way the interviewer was crawling up his hole was just peak BBC Scotland.
Cringe was off the scale.

Sloop67
17-02-2024, 05:36 PM
Warnock being Warnock .... again, quicker he p****s off to caddie for his son on the golf course the better , he's always been a massive Colin

Swedish hibee
17-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Warnock has always been loyal to his own players, he's oldskool like Fergie.

Alex Trager
17-02-2024, 06:02 PM

Mental this.

The interviewer was pathetic.

How can anyone watch that and not think it’s a pen?

Madness.

bingo70
17-02-2024, 06:05 PM
https://x.com/bbcsportscot/status/1758927942850068651?s=46&t=VghJuoU_bl8ISs-zf5CmHg

“If it happens anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul”

Erm yes, if someone punches the ball elsewhere on the pitch it, it probably is and no, it’s not the same as someone kicking it at head height.

Mental take from him there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-02-2024, 06:07 PM
I don't think that he's doing anything we didn't except him to. Old school to the very core, and that extends to standing up for his players.

Chorley Hibee
17-02-2024, 06:09 PM
Who is the guy interviewing him? He asks warnock about the penalty and follows it up himself saying it’s not a penalty before he can respond, at least Michael Stewart is calling it out

Heard that as well, couldn't believe it.

And folk will still say there's not an agenda against Hibs on that ****show of a programme.

marinello59
17-02-2024, 06:13 PM
I wonder how much money Aberdeen are throwing away on this dinosaur. More fool them. Cormack would have been better appointing himself .

Carheenlea
17-02-2024, 06:20 PM
If Warnock has said that about our club then he should be facing charges of bringing the game into disrepute and staring at some time in the stands.

Hibs need to defend ourselves in the face of this slur against our players in the strongest possible terms.

Let’s not just brush this aside and treat the slur as “heat of the moment” stuff.

truehibernian
17-02-2024, 07:24 PM
Did I also hear him say “we knew they’d dive” ? Duk, Shinnie and Miovski all guilty of that all game.

As for our penalty - proves they’re not only inept but corrupt. Hibs should grow a pair and call them out, enough is enough.

LewysGot2
17-02-2024, 07:38 PM
Did I also hear him say “we knew they’d dive” ? Duk, Shinnie and Miovski all guilty of that all game.

Yes he did.🙄

We knew they'd be dirty clogging industrial hoof ball merchants. Only one of these concepts was/is true. He's a slaver.

It wasn't long before BBC moved on to interviewers asking how good Shanklandstein is for the 100th time and speaking to fans of various clubs who'd not been at their team's game but were on the programme to talk about it. Sure The The fan sounded like he was in Orkney - support yer local club in action 🤔🙄🤪

GreenCastle
17-02-2024, 07:46 PM

As for our penalty - proves they’re not only inept but corrupt. Hibs should grow a pair and call them out, enough is enough.

Absolutely madness he comes out and says that.

Wonder how many Hibs games he’s watched - obviously Aberdeen players / fans / coaches making this an issue when really Duk and Shinnie are bigger cheats.

PHeffernan
17-02-2024, 07:57 PM
It's amazing how much of a rise a 75 year old man can get out of social media users.
His interviews are all very obvious and he plays his theatrical part with a straight face in each one.
I find him boring already but it's fair to say he is still playing both his cheerleaders and his opposition like a fiddle.

Hillsidehibby
17-02-2024, 08:04 PM
It's amazing how much of a rise a 75 year old man can get out of social media users.
His interviews are all very obvious and he plays his theatrical part with a straight face in each one.
I find him boring already but it's fair to say he is still playing both his cheerleaders and his opposition like a fiddle.

Exactly. He's a boring old fart but he's worth his 15 minutes up here. That's all I predict he will get.

cabbageandribs1875
17-02-2024, 08:43 PM
pmsl@ Manslaughter

a tad over dramatic, eh

Warnock has been on the Warninks

me thinks

matty_f
17-02-2024, 09:17 PM
Given Marshall got to the ball first and then Miovski made contact with him late, shouldn’t it have been a free kick to Hibs, like it was for Celtic when there was a head knock with their penalty against us?

Pagan Hibernia
17-02-2024, 10:28 PM

And folk will still say there's not an agenda against Hibs on that ****show of a programme.

I think we're drastically overestimating our importance if we actually think there's an agenda against Hibs.

The only agenda in scottish football that I can see is the one in favour of two clubs.

Stokesy's on fire
17-02-2024, 10:58 PM
I wonder how much money Aberdeen are throwing away on this dinosaur. More fool them. Cormack would have been better appointing himself .

Hope its loads warnocks loser reputation should help him fit in at Aberdeen.

CL0762
17-02-2024, 11:42 PM
If Warnock has said that about our club then he should be facing charges of bringing the game into disrepute and staring at some time in the stands.

Hibs need to defend ourselves in the face of this slur against our players in the strongest possible terms.

Let’s not just brush this aside and treat the slur as “heat of the moment” stuff.

As expected the *****baggery from those in charge will ignore anything negative said/done to the club.

Iain G
18-02-2024, 12:31 AM
Hope its loads warnocks loser reputation should help him fit in at Aberdeen.

Still waiting for their new manager bounce!

Greensunshine
18-02-2024, 12:38 AM
He’s marmite. Loves Scotland, so that gives him credit in my book. A wylie old manager with a proven track record. What’s there not to like?

Greeting about his “diving” comment. lol

Boyle is Olympic diving gold medalist ffs!
A side of Boylers game I wish he’d sort out.

1875Sean
18-02-2024, 12:50 AM
He’s marmite. Loves Scotland, so that gives him credit in my book. A wylie old manager with a proven track record. What’s there not to like?

Can you name any part of today when Boyle dived apart from his celebration?

Greensunshine
18-02-2024, 12:58 AM

Aye ok marvellous point well made. lol

😜

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2024, 07:00 AM
Aye ok marvellous point well made. lol

[emoji12]

Critisizing Hibs for diving when you’ve got miovski, duk and Shinnie falling over at any opportunity is a bit rich is it not?

KeithTheHibby
18-02-2024, 07:05 AM
The man is a fanny and had always talked *****.

Jones28
18-02-2024, 07:26 AM
Warnock is playing the pantomime villain well, as he usually does.

The most depressing thing about it is how ****ing delighted the sportsound pundits are at him doing so, fawning over him being a straight talking contrarian.

I wasn’t such a fan of Paul Heckingbottom as Hibs manager but when he said he would have knocked the fourth officials teeth out if he’d spoken to him in the street in that manner I was pleasantly surprised to hear a manager sticking up for Hibs - Lennon as well in fairness. It was a period where it didn’t feel like the club was pilloried at every opportunity.

Carheenlea
18-02-2024, 07:39 AM
If we don’t speak up in defence of our club, then the narrative that we are “a team of divers” is allowed to grow. We’ve already seen how difficult it is to see penalties being awarded in our favour as things stand, and Warnock’s derogatory remarks won’t do much to see that change any time soon.

“A character”

“A bit of pantomime”

Don’t think for one minute that comments from a high profile personality in football are going to go unnoticed from refereeing officials.

Warnock’s a clown but he’s not stupid. Been in the game long enough. We’re battling it out with Aberdeen for a top 6 place - it could be decided by margins of a penalty here or there.

Caversham Green
18-02-2024, 07:45 AM

Warnock is the most anti-football manager in the game.

He instructs his players to injure the opposition and was the master of rotational fouling. His biggest disappointment from yesterday will be that no Hibs player was seriously injured by one of his gang. The battle of Bramall Lane centred around him sending a sub on who immediately committed a terrible foul on Andy Johnston and got sent off again. Down here he was screaming at Monty to break Steve Sidwell's leg when Wally Downes intervened. That followed Warnock sending a sub on who immediately elbowed Stephen Hunt in the face and got sent off. Downes recently expressed regret for his part in the incident - "I should have clumped him harder" were his exact words and I couldn't agree more.

There is absolutely nothing to like about Neil Warnock. He's a despicable little man and the sooner he's out of the game the better.

hibsbollah
18-02-2024, 08:17 AM
Warnock is the most anti-football manager in the game.

He instructs his players to injure the opposition and was the master of rotational fouling. His biggest disappointment from yesterday will be that no Hibs player was seriously injured by one of his gang. The battle of Bramall Lane centred around him sending a sub on who immediately committed a terrible foul on Andy Johnston and got sent off again. Down here he was screaming at Monty to break Steve Sidwell's leg when Wally Downes intervened. That followed Warnock sending a sub on who immediately elbowed Stephen Hunt in the face and got sent off. Downes recently expressed regret for his part in the incident - "I should have clumped him harder" were his exact words and I couldn't agree more.

There is absolutely nothing to like about Neil Warnock. He's a despicable little man and the sooner he's out of the game the better.

The other thing he instructed his players to do in that game (aside from the injure your opponent thing) was to start falling over faking injury so once you run out of players youd get the game abandoned. He’s not this jovial old school hard man, hes a sly cheat.

CentreLine
18-02-2024, 08:42 AM
Given Marshall got to the ball first and then Miovski made contact with him late, shouldn’t it have been a free kick to Hibs, like it was for Celtic when there was a head knock with their penalty against us?

That was actually an excellent and smart save by Marshall. He doesn’t make that punched clearance it’s a certain clear header on goal. He gets there first and makes the save. What happens after is unfortunate but perfectly within the rules. Had he struck the player then the ball it would have different.

JimBHibees
18-02-2024, 08:53 AM
Warnock was Sheff Utd manager at the Battle of Bramall Lane game with west Brom, Derek McInnes fighting, diving, cheating, pretending to be injured (Nick Montgomery on the bench), square goes, so many players sent off the game was abandoned, only match in English football history to be abandoned due to shortage of players.

he knows a bit about cheating.

To be fair to McInnes he did get head butted in that game. :greengrin Wonder if the press will bring that game up with Warnock when they play Killie

JimBHibees
18-02-2024, 08:56 AM

There was one he dived when no contact and grabbed the ball should have been second yellow. Imo there is no way a Hibs player would get away with the slack he gets from refs.

JimBHibees
18-02-2024, 09:01 AM

So the interviewer decides it wasn't a penalty nice of him for sharing his opinion

WeeRussell
18-02-2024, 10:48 AM

Warnock is a choob and should shut his puss, but it would be silly to pretend Boyle doesn’t have a tendency to ‘go down easy’. Both him and Miller are bad for it in our team.

Aberdeen have at least 3 players that were at it a fair bit yesterday and Warnock coming out with that was stupid/mischievous.

scm70nyd1973
18-02-2024, 10:57 AM
Surprised he never got the Poppy Pilferers gig - it would have been the perfect fit.

At what point does it become a comment that requires a carpeting at the SFA ?

One Day Soon
18-02-2024, 11:10 AM

With respect, that's just garbage. Tom English for one went straight for him on twitter literally on day one and carried that on yesterday on Radio Scotland after the game. I think English is a tit for a variety of reasons but he isn't having him.

I think you're letting your politics influence your judgement here. They don't see him as doing us a favour by coming to manage a Scottish club, they see him as doing them a favour because he's as 'rentagob' as you can get and that means he effectively makes their lives easier by writeing their headlines and their stories for them.

They aren't even subtle about it, it was the same with Derek Adams when he came out and called the standard of Scottish football rubbish in December. They were creaming themselves live on air for weeks after that before post-match interviews with him and openly salivating about what he might say next.

Clarence
18-02-2024, 11:16 AM
Just ignore Colin. He’s always like that.

One Day Soon
18-02-2024, 11:16 AM

There absolutely is.

Hearts do some thing decent - magnify it to the nth degree. Hibs do something decent - crickets.

Hearts screw up - mitigation and soft pedal. Hibs screw up - carnage and chaos.

It's packed with Jambos, Ugly Sister sycophants and of course the Aberdeen double agents. Literally fans with microphones most of them. It's so bad that the least worst of them are Pat Bonnar and Willie Miller FFS.

One Day Soon
18-02-2024, 11:19 AM

Nick Mongomery: 'Hold my beer...'

Scotty Leither
18-02-2024, 11:22 AM
This Board have appointed some mugs, but mercifully they never turned to this utter dinosaur and imbecile of a man, and we absolutely should be reporting him same as we should have when Gerrard said Porteous was “letting his manager down”, but as usual like all the **** decisions that get flung at us we’ll do the square root of nowt.

SChibs
18-02-2024, 11:32 AM
Critisizing Hibs for diving when you’ve got miovski, duk and Shinnie falling over at any opportunity is a bit rich is it not?

Yet here you are criticising Aberdeens players for diving when we have players that don't mind a tumble

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Yet here you are criticising Aberdeens players for diving when we have players that don't mind a tumble

No I’m saying, a manager shouldn’t be making comments like that, especially when he has players of his own that are guilty of it.

weecounty hibby
18-02-2024, 12:00 PM
With respect, that's just garbage. Tom English for one went straight for him on twitter literally on day one and carried that on yesterday on Radio Scotland after the game. I think English is a tit for a variety of reasons but he isn't having him.

I think you're letting your politics influence your judgement here. They don't see him as doing us a favour by coming to manage a Scottish club, they see him as doing them a favour because he's as 'rentagob' as you can get and that means he effectively makes their lives easier by writeing their headlines and their stories for them.

They aren't even subtle about it, it was the same with Derek Adams when he came out and called the standard of Scottish football rubbish in December. They were creaming themselves live on air for weeks after that before post-match interviews with him and openly salivating about what he might say next.

Tom English for one. Name another? The media up here will wet their pants and hang on his every word because he has managed in England. See also all the ex EPL players who have come up here and been seen as great for our league only to fall flat on their faces. It just doesn't happen with players from anywhere else other than the EPL. And as for letting my politics influence my opinion on a football manager or player, that is just bull****.
It is more a take on how badly the Scottish game is sold and portrayed by those who should be encouraging it. I was actually having that very conversation with a rangers fan at work today and he agreed that we undersell ourselves from Doncaster and the sfa/spfl to our broadcast and print media. This is another example. Bang average manager comes in and gets wall to wall coverage, not based on what he has done but where he has come from

Torto7
18-02-2024, 12:56 PM

Sniff Sniff.

One Day Soon
18-02-2024, 05:04 PM
Tom English for one. Name another? The media up here will wet their pants and hang on his every word because he has managed in England. See also all the ex EPL players who have come up here and been seen as great for our league only to fall flat on their faces. It just doesn't happen with players from anywhere else other than the EPL. And as for letting my politics influence my opinion on a football manager or player, that is just bull****.
It is more a take on how badly the Scottish game is sold and portrayed by those who should be encouraging it. I was actually having that very conversation with a rangers fan at work today and he agreed that we undersell ourselves from Doncaster and the sfa/spfl to our broadcast and print media. This is another example. Bang average manager comes in and gets wall to wall coverage, not based on what he has done but where he has come from

Lee Johnson
Terry Butcher
Michael Beale
Paul Heckingbottom

Examples of managers who had managed in England and the media did not wet their pants over them. Why? Because their joy over Warnock is about his gob, not his nationality or the league he's managed in.

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 05:10 PM
Lee Johnson
Terry Butcher
Michael Beale
Paul Heckingbottom

Examples of managers who had managed in England and the media did not wet their pants over them. Why? Because their joy over Warnock is about his gob, not his nationality or the league he's managed in.

The media loved Butcher.

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 05:17 PM

Many have said we played brilliantly yesterday so a draw for them must be a good result.

Rumble de Thump
18-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Many have said we played brilliantly yesterday so a draw for them must be a good result.

Considering they only got a point because the officials gave them a massive helping hand it was a great result for them. If the rules had been applied they would most likely have lost, so they can be very pleased.

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 05:39 PM
Considering they only got a point because the officials gave them a massive helping hand it was a great result for them. If the rules had been applied they would most likely have lost, so they can be very pleased.

They think they should have had a penalty also.

Bostonhibby
18-02-2024, 05:41 PM
I keep trying to make that popular nickname he apparently has as an anagram of his name and all I keep coming up with is Bellend.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Rumble de Thump
18-02-2024, 05:42 PM
They think they should have had a penalty also.

But they know they shouldn't have as the rules dictate.

weecounty hibby
18-02-2024, 06:27 PM
Lee Johnson
Terry Butcher
Michael Beale
Paul Heckingbottom

I asked you to name any other broadcaster or pundit who is calling out Warnock. You said there were many. I've not seen or heard any yet. Also the press in Scotland fell over themselves to talk to Butcher, even when he was our manager

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 06:34 PM
But they know they shouldn't have as the rules dictate.

I'm not sure like, their support are adamant they should have had one similarly to ours.

Rumble de Thump
18-02-2024, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure like, their support are adamant they should have had one similarly to ours.

They're definitely not.

SaulGoodman
18-02-2024, 07:37 PM

Donald Trump loves Scotland as well, doesn’t stop me from thinking he’s a ****.

hibbie02
18-02-2024, 10:18 PM
The guy is a dinosaur and him and Shinnie are a match made in heaven. I wouldn't p1ss on either of them if they were on fire.

Bakerman
18-02-2024, 10:26 PM
The guy is a dinosaur and him and Shinnie are a match made in heaven. I wouldn't p1ss on either of them if they were on fire.

It seemed to me that his comments, were pre rehearsed. A biscuits, sport sound Brian McGlaughlin, dark side response to the Hibernian getting a result, as per. Until we get a different media, I'm afraid its' what we will always be subjected to. Its happened all of my lifetime, and won't change anytime soon unfortunately. Todays hand ball for the currants versus the dons yesterday is like trolling us. Its a real thing. Hope the young get real change in the future.

One Day Soon
18-02-2024, 11:46 PM
I asked you to name any other broadcaster or pundit who is calling out Warnock. You said there were many. I've not seen or heard any yet. Also the press in Scotland fell over themselves to talk to Butcher, even when he was our manager

No, I really didn't. Do you think they fell over themselves to do that with Butcher because he was English/had managed in England or because he had been the Rangers captain under Souness? They certainly haven't done that with our English league experienced managers which suggests to me that its the 'characters' they're interested in, regardless of where from, because they make their journalistic lives easier.

babahibs
19-02-2024, 07:06 AM

I've not seen anyone say we were brilliant.

You seem to have a habit of completely making things up.

I wonder why!!!

scm70nyd1973
19-02-2024, 07:21 AM

As the old joke goes - he was so far up Warnock’s arse he could see the feet of the entire Sportsound pundits 🤭

ChilliEater
19-02-2024, 10:41 AM

Can you find these posts? Only an idiot would say we were brilliant or hopeless, anyone with half a brain would recognise that we did some good things and some bad things, and, in an entertaining game, a draw was probably about right, although we clearly should have had a penalty.

matty_f
19-02-2024, 10:47 AM
Can you find these posts? Only an idiot would say we were brilliant or hopeless, anyone with half a brain would recognise that we did some good things and some bad things, and, in an entertaining game, a draw was probably about right, although we clearly should have had a penalty.

That's a fair summary of the game on Saturday - some good, some bad.

I think it gets lost that it was pretty much a must-win game for Aberdeen as well, and as their home game, the draw was worse for them than it was for us.

hibsbollah
19-02-2024, 11:07 AM
That's a fair summary of the game on Saturday - some good, some bad.

I think it gets lost that it was pretty much a must-win game for Aberdeen as well, and as their home game, the draw was worse for them than it was for us.

The draw means both teams are 5 points away from Top Six with only eight games left, instead of potentially being only 3 points behind Dundee if we'd have won. That makes grim reading and that's why I thought it was a 'must-win' game for both teams (the 'must-win' phrase seems to annoy some folk, i'm not sure why!) Dundee is definitely a must-win, and then the derby is just a free hit, very low expectations.

Jones28
19-02-2024, 11:11 AM
The draw means both teams are 5 points away from Top Six with only eight games left, instead of potentially being only 3 points behind Dundee if we'd have won. That makes grim reading and that's why I thought it was a 'must-win' game for both teams (the 'must-win' phrase seems to annoy some folk, i'm not sure why!) Dundee is definitely a must-win, and then the derby is just a free hit, very low expectations.

That’s the grim reality of where we are at the moment.

It reminds me a bit of the relegation season where it was “just win the next one”, it went on and on until that game against Killie when Boyd scored is bajillionth goal against us and the rest is *****y, *****y history.

dmc1875
19-02-2024, 11:13 AM
That’s the grim reality of where we are at the moment.

It reminds me a bit of the relegation season where it was “just win the next one”, it went on and on until that game against Killie when Boyd scored is bajillionth goal against us and the rest is *****y, *****y history.

If I remember rightly, did we not go away to St Johnstone before the split and if we’d won that game we’d have been top six? Mental season

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-02-2024, 09:03 PM
5 matches without a win for the Dinosaur

We've now got an edge over them in the race for top 6. Our next 3 league games are against the bottom 2. Whilst dundee play killie, Aberdeen and rangers...

The Modfather
28-02-2024, 09:14 PM
When does his new manager bounce kick in?

Vault Boy
28-02-2024, 09:17 PM
I honestly thought this would be a shrewd appointment for the Dons, but sometimes a spade is a spade and a dinosaur is a dinosaur. Glad they’re suffering.

VoltaireHibs
28-02-2024, 09:19 PM
It's utterly joyous to watch Colin get found out. The fact it's happening on Aberdeens bank account makes it all the sweeter. 25k a month. 😂😂

Iain G
28-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Had he bounced yet?

Diclonius
28-02-2024, 09:24 PM
Please get relegated please please please

neil7908
28-02-2024, 09:27 PM
I honestly thought this would be a shrewd appointment for the Dons, but sometimes a spade is a spade and a dinosaur is a dinosaur. Glad they’re suffering.

Maybe 20 years ago but the guy was practically retired.

JohnM1875
28-02-2024, 09:28 PM
He’ll get punted soon. Been an abysmal appointment

Unseen work
28-02-2024, 09:29 PM
I honestly can’t describe how happy I’d be if they got relegated.

Won’t happen though, they’ve far too much quality - especially in Miovski.

One Day Soon
28-02-2024, 09:31 PM
I honestly can’t describe how happy I’d be if they got relegated.

Won’t happen though, they’ve far too much quality - especially in Miovski.

Only a St Johnstone relegation could make me happier. Maybe not even that.

Mcbizz1998
28-02-2024, 09:36 PM
As much as I hate Aberdeen, can’t help but think getting rid of Livi and St Johnstone would be the better outcome. 2 no mark teams with no fans who we seem to struggle against, plus get rid of that disgrace of a pitch at Livi.

Aberdeen go down and it may result in them sorting themselves out when they inevitably come back up. Like when we returned in 2017,
or as hearts have done in recent times. Let them stay up and languish around 9th in the league.

LewysGot2
28-02-2024, 10:19 PM
He's on a jolly up here. Pension boost and nothing more.

Nicho87
28-02-2024, 10:20 PM
All is forgiven Barry Robson

He’ll be feeling frustrated

ScottB
28-02-2024, 10:23 PM
Was always an utterly daft appointment on paper. They’ll be a bigger mess in the summer than just sticking with Robson or a caretaker.

Heisenberg
28-02-2024, 10:26 PM
I was totally baffled by all of the fawning over Warnock both on here and in the press when he was appointed. A clown of a guy and a totally outdated manager. Hope he takes them down.

Scotty Leither
28-02-2024, 10:42 PM
I was totally baffled by all of the fawning over Warnock both on here and in the press when he was appointed. A clown of a guy and a totally outdated manager. Hope he takes them down.

Same here...I think it's a ludicrous appointment, and I'd thought the Hibs Board had taken leave of their senses if we'd appointed him.

He's good for a headline or two and that's about it...Our illustrious press who are collectively as thick as he is think he's good copy though, which tells you all you need to know.

Like you, I hope he takes them down.

Not In The Know
28-02-2024, 10:43 PM

With all due respect I thought the opposite. He’s a dinosaur, after their game at ibrox first thing he said to the
press was about his 4hr drive home. Mental!

wookie70
28-02-2024, 10:49 PM
I think he will be sacked in the next two weeks. Here for a bit of fun isn't really what one of the bigger clubs in Scotland wants to hear as they hurtle towards a play off spot

SaulGoodman
28-02-2024, 10:58 PM
I think he will be sacked in the next two weeks. Here for a bit of fun isn't really what one of the bigger clubs in Scotland wants to hear as they hurtle towards a play off spot

Terry Butcher vibes.

We’ve all seen clips of his team talks from ~20 years ago going absolutely mental at his players, calling them ***** etc.

Might’ve worked then, most definitely does not work now.

Stokesy's on fire
28-02-2024, 11:05 PM
I hope they go down so much.

Logie
28-02-2024, 11:08 PM
5 matches without a win for the Dinosaur

We've now got an edge over them in the race for top 6. Our next 3 league games are against the bottom 2. Whilst dundee play killie, Aberdeen and rangers...

Hope he takes the down mate.. old wrinkly dinosaur. Patter stinks and Aberdeen stink

Donegal Hibby
28-02-2024, 11:11 PM
It's criminal what's happened to Aberdeen in fairness.

vuefrom1875
28-02-2024, 11:25 PM
Terry Butcher vibes.

We’ve all seen clips of his team talks from ~20 years ago going absolutely mental at his players, calling them ***** etc.

Might’ve worked then, most definitely does not work now.

Horrible tory supporting pro brexit t##spot...and he looks like a rhino 😁

vuefrom1875
28-02-2024, 11:29 PM

Terrible shame...aye right 👉

28-02-2024, 11:39 PM
He lost the Dinosaur Derby tonight.

https://i.ibb.co/6gyKnq8/what-is-the-more-awe-inspiring-dino-fight-in-your-opinion-v0-c7wucusvr60c1.jpg (https://ibb.co/Ln0Tksr)

Scotty Leither
29-02-2024, 06:09 AM
Horrible tory supporting pro brexit t##spot...and he looks like a rhino 😁

Dinnae hold back, pal.:greengrin

Jones28
29-02-2024, 06:33 AM
He lost the Dinosaur Derby tonight.

https://i.ibb.co/6gyKnq8/what-is-the-more-awe-inspiring-dino-fight-in-your-opinion-v0-c7wucusvr60c1.jpg (https://ibb.co/Ln0Tksr)

He makes Levein look progressive.

Aberdeen are a shambles.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:35 AM

Yep think they will get rid

marinello59
29-02-2024, 06:40 AM

I'm loving it. I really hope they go down.

mcohibs
29-02-2024, 06:54 AM

**** them. Fan base of entitled weirdos. Hounded McInness out when they were fourth, despite all he’d achieved there. Looks how it’s went since. Love to see it, hope they get dragged into the play off spot.

Brightside
29-02-2024, 07:41 AM
People all over scottish football (including some hibs fans) were saying what a good signing he was. He's about 10 years past his best and even that was average.

LancsHibs
29-02-2024, 07:41 AM

This 100%. 🦖🦕

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2024, 07:57 AM
**** them. Fan base of entitled weirdos. Hounded McInness out when they were fourth, despite all he’d achieved there. Looks how it’s went since. Love to see it, hope they get dragged into the play off spot.
:lips seal

DanishJohn
29-02-2024, 08:33 AM
Got to say its great to see what's happening there.

Living down south I get all the usual jokes about Scottish football when I'm in my local. When he was appointed they said he would stroll through our Micky Mouse league.
Now on my entry I just say " Another bad result for Warnock eh?" And my last twisted word " Did he not manage you lot (Leeds) at one time ?

He'll not last.

mcohibs
29-02-2024, 08:52 AM
:lips seal

🤔

greenlex
29-02-2024, 02:44 PM
He’s definitely a dinosaur. He has no eyebrows.

Since452
29-02-2024, 02:48 PM
I think he's doing a smashing job

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2024, 03:04 PM

I love listening to him, breath of fresh air compared to the usual voices we hear in Scottish football. Doesn't mean I agree with anything he says mind, but he's been fun.

Couldn't care less how things go for Aberdeen. He was only ever coming for a few months anyways.

Mike Berry
29-02-2024, 03:34 PM
His interviews are good fun but it's a daft appointment. It's not even as if he's got a decent track record. He's just a "character" that the media like because he gives them usable quotes.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
29-02-2024, 03:40 PM
I love listening to him, breath of fresh air compared to the usual voices we hear in Scottish football. Doesn't mean I agree with anything he says mind, but he's been fun.

Couldn't care less how things go for Aberdeen. He was only ever coming for a few months anyways.

You wouldn't be saying he's been "fun" if he was our manager!

eastmainsmsh
29-02-2024, 03:43 PM
Once he gets paddy Kenny and leigh bromby for the umpteenth time things will be fine

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2024, 03:50 PM

I know right!

You've got to imagine Aberdeen fans were happy to see the back of Robson, probably scratched their heads when they appointed Warnock, and are now back to square one wanting a new manager :faf:

LewysGot2
29-02-2024, 08:25 PM
Heard him on Radio Scotland driving home tonight…apparently it’s a good job for Aberdeen he’s here because they’re in a relegation dog fight and they need him :clown:

Bakerman
29-02-2024, 08:30 PM
Heard him on Radio Scotland driving home tonight…apparently it’s a good job for Aberdeen he’s here because they’re in a relegation dog fight and they need him :clown:

:faf:

Can see the Dandy Dons fans getting their pitchforks out, if they get beat from St' Mirren on Saturday.

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2024, 08:34 PM
His interviews are good fun but it's a daft appointment. It's not even as if he's got a decent track record. He's just a "character" that the media like because he gives them usable quotes.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

He's had a very good managerial career. No doubt about that.

VoltaireHibs
29-02-2024, 08:43 PM

But he isn't. We had our turn of that with LJ, listening to embarrassing drivel and cringing. Ross County had it with Adams, who was box office in his interviews, as though a Wee Free Minister also managed a football club, awesome! I'd love LJ to manage another team in our league, just for the waffle. It all adds to the gaiety of life, as long as it's not your teams manager doing it. Long may Colin reign!

VoltaireHibs
29-02-2024, 08:44 PM
He's had a very good managerial career. No doubt about that.

Plenty downs as well as ups. He was a decent manager, but his time is past.

02-03-2024, 05:38 PM
Possibly some sort of record. Leading for 95 minutes and end up losing the game.

https://i.ibb.co/tXbxmsS/Screenshot-20240302-183531-Chrome.jpg (https://ibb.co/169dvq3)

Irish_Steve
02-03-2024, 05:50 PM
You have to say that Colin is consistent.

Consistently Tom Kite

Donegal Hibby
02-03-2024, 05:55 PM
That's the best they've played since he's been there 🤭
https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1763990140949577884?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The Wireless
02-03-2024, 06:09 PM
Neil Warnock has been a gift from God in helping Hibs climb back into the top 6. Bless him.

davym7062
02-03-2024, 08:38 PM
I think he's doing a smashing job

me anaw

CapitalGreen
02-03-2024, 08:40 PM
The sort of “character” folk always want us to appoint whenever we have a vacancy. Thank **** he’s Aberdeen’s problem and not ours.

Bostonhibby
02-03-2024, 08:43 PM
The sort of “character” folk always want us to appoint whenever we have a vacancy. Thank **** he’s Aberdeen’s problem and not ours.Joey Barton's Uncle, the one who's always falling about drunk at family weddings.

Hope he sees the season out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

neil7908
02-03-2024, 08:48 PM
The sort of “character” folk always want us to appoint whenever we have a vacancy. Thank **** he’s Aberdeen’s problem and not ours.

Remember the Roy Keane chat with us a few years ago?

VoltaireHibs
02-03-2024, 09:52 PM
His interview on Sportsound was excellent. Sounded like a man on the verge of tears, with no clue how to fix things. He is an absolute gift. And there was a distinct absence of his usual hubris. Like a man that knows he's been found out.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-03-2024, 10:36 PM
I actually thought he'd have a positive effect on the Aberdeen team. In reality he's having the exact opposite. Brilliant. 😅

JoeT
02-03-2024, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure if he was being obtuse before the game when he was asked about the 5 changes to his line up and he told the reporter to work it out or if he just isn't on top of what they're doing and who his players all are

VoltaireHibs
02-03-2024, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure if he was being obtuse before the game when he was asked about the 5 changes to his line up and he told the reporter to work it out or if he just isn't on top of what they're doing and who his players all are

In fairness I just had a look at their squad, it's pretty big and is like the league of nations. Folk called our signing policy scattergun, jeezo, we're more like a laser focused spudgun compared to them! Poor old Colin will barely remember a handful of their names at his age.

HoboHarry
02-03-2024, 11:05 PM
In fairness I just had a look at their squad, it's pretty big and is like the league of nations. Folk called our signing policy scattergun, jeezo, we're more like a laser focused spudgun compared to them! Poor old Colin will barely remember a handful of their names at his age.
Not for the first time I seem to have missed something, who's Colin?

VoltaireHibs
02-03-2024, 11:07 PM
Not for the first time I seem to have missed something, who's Colin?

An anagram of Neil Warnock that became popular with opposing fans down south. Colin Wa**er.

BILLYHIBS
02-03-2024, 11:08 PM
:taxi

Northernhibee
02-03-2024, 11:09 PM

I always thought that when people said that Heckingbottom thought he could come up here as an English manager and skoosh it it was a lazy comment and far from true.

That arrogance is the vibe that I get from Warnock. I’m absolutely delighted to see him flounder.

Real Emerald
02-03-2024, 11:10 PM
The Trump if Scottish football.

VoltaireHibs
02-03-2024, 11:11 PM
:taxi

Say it ain't so Champ, say it! :boo hoo::boo hoo:

HoboHarry
02-03-2024, 11:13 PM
An anagram of Neil Warnock that became popular with opposing fans down south. Colin Wa**er.

Ah..... thank you, totally missed that lol...

Centre Hawf
02-03-2024, 11:32 PM
I think his heart just simply isn't in it. It's a jolly for him, I'd be amazed if he does much work with his players until game day.

fat freddy
02-03-2024, 11:33 PM
The Trump if Scottish football.

He has more similarities with with Biden. Borderline senility, delusional, entitled and blames his failings on others

VoltaireHibs
02-03-2024, 11:35 PM
He has more similarities with with Biden. Borderline senility, delusional, entitled and blames his failings on others

Are you sure you haven't got the two mixed up? That sounds awfully like Donald.

ChilliEater
02-03-2024, 11:45 PM
Are you sure you haven't got the two mixed up? That sounds awfully like Donald.

They are very similar - I wait to see if they sniff heads to confirm which one it is.

fat freddy
02-03-2024, 11:50 PM
They are very similar - I wait to see if they sniff heads to confirm which one it is.

Biden will always win the sniffing contest

Up-the-slope
03-03-2024, 08:09 AM
i'd love to see before the next Dons game Warnock gets shown the pics of the starting 11... and has to name them...

I reckon he might get 4 :greengrin (and 'the Big defender' doesn't count Neil)

JimBHibees
03-03-2024, 08:11 AM
i'd love to see before the next Dons game Warnock gets shown the pics of the starting 11... and has to name them...

You are probably correct with that

greenlex
03-03-2024, 09:22 AM

John Robertson picked up similar yesterday pre match. When Warnock was asked to explain his 4 changes pre match yesterday by the interviewer he basically couldn’t even name them saying you’ll need to look at the team sheet to see them.

Since452
03-03-2024, 09:24 AM
They're in serious danger of doing down. Pleasing.

Baldy Foghorn
03-03-2024, 09:36 AM
A dinosaur really should be retiring now. Aberdeen are a mess

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2024, 09:46 AM
They're in serious danger of doing down. Pleasing.

There is a chance, sure. But they won't. Miovski alone will get a few goals to save them. And Raith wouldn't beat them over 2 legs I don't think.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 09:54 AM
There is a chance, sure. But they won't. Miovski alone will get a few goals to save them. And Raith wouldn't beat them over 2 legs I don't think.

The thing that would worry me were I a Dons fan is that squad. It really is a league of nations, highly disparate bunch. Not sure they can rely on togetherness. Add in Warnock slating them, and also the fact he's on a short term contract so players may not bust a gut for him, and the recipe is ripe for a fall from grace. Very Butcheresque situation.

I tend to agree though, Miovski will maybe shoot them out of trouble. If they hadn't had him in good form this season they would be in all sorts of serious bother.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2024, 10:04 AM
The thing that would worry me were I a Dons fan is that squad. It really is a league of nations, highly disparate bunch. Not sure they can rely on togetherness. Add in Warnock slating them, and also the fact he's on a short term contract so players may not bust a gut for him, and the recipe is ripe for a fall from grace. Very Butcheresque situation.

I tend to agree though, Miovski will maybe shoot them out of trouble. If they hadn't had him in good form this season they would be in all sorts of serious bother.

Warnock may be outdated now, but he's 1000x times the manager Terry Butcher ever was.

Let's not forget, we let this Aberdeen squad skoosh 3rd last season. And another gash Hearts team skoosh it again this season. I'll laugh at Aberdeen when we're playing Frankfurt etc in Europe.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 10:04 AM
Warnock may be outdated now, but he's 1000x times the manager Terry Butcher ever was.

Let's not forget, we let this Aberdeen squad skoosh 3rd last season. And another gash Hearts team skoosh it again this season. I'll laugh at Aberdeen when we're playing Frankfurt etc in Europe.

Good for you.

PatHead
03-03-2024, 10:09 AM

Quite happy to laugh at Aberdeen now.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2024, 10:10 AM
Quite happy to laugh at Aberdeen now.

I mean, their plight is quite amusing. Not sure our season has been any better though.

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2024, 10:10 AM

Strike while the irons hot. Live a little.

SteveHFC
09-03-2024, 01:46 PM
He's left Aberdeen.

JohnM1875
09-03-2024, 01:48 PM
He's left Aberdeen.

Gutted at that. Can see them going for Lennon.

He's here!
09-03-2024, 01:51 PM
He's left Aberdeen.

Lennon rumoured to have agreed a deal to take over. Odd timing tho.

neil7908
09-03-2024, 01:55 PM
What a basket case of a club. Warnock wins a big game for them today and now he's done. He's collected a tidy sum from them for a few months of failure.

Since90+2
09-03-2024, 01:56 PM
What a basket case of a club. Warnock wins a big game for them today and now he's done. He's collected a tidy sum from them for a few months of failure.

Probably been told he can go of his own accord or the club makes the decision.

Trinity Hibee
09-03-2024, 01:56 PM
He’s on radio. Saying he was only here until they got a new manager sorted. Sounds they’ve done it quicker than anticipated due to the league form

JohnM1875
09-03-2024, 01:59 PM
I actually think they have a decent squad. Starting lineup anyway. Lennon will do a good job there I reckon. Luckily too late for them do get top six.

Rumble de Thump
09-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Lennon would be fine unless they don't win games. Then he will shout at the players. If that doesn't work he'll have a meltdown and be gone.

Since90+2
09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Lennon would be fine unless they don't win games. Then he will shout at the players. If that doesn't work he'll have a meltdown and be gone.

Any manager does fine unless they don't win games.

Jim44
09-03-2024, 02:23 PM
Survival in the league and and an outside chance in the Cup would be their aim I think.

wookie70
09-03-2024, 02:26 PM
He was getting sacked sooner rather than later. I said on this thread 11 days ago he would be sacked in the next two weeks, not far off and another manager who comes up from England and fails miserably.

He's here!
09-03-2024, 02:31 PM

How many managers has Cormack been through since he took charge?

Since452
09-03-2024, 02:32 PM
I think they could have gone down under Warnock the way things were going. They should be ok now. Pity.

chrisski33
09-03-2024, 02:33 PM

Just like Trump then!

Jones28
09-03-2024, 02:34 PM
How many managers has Cormack been through since he took charge?

5 managers been and gone since 2019 when he took over.

Hibs4185
09-03-2024, 02:46 PM
I was keen for Lennon to become our manager. Now I’m hoping I’ve been been so wrong in my life and he gets Aberdeen relegated

09-03-2024, 02:51 PM
Lennon will give them a boot up the backside which could be all they need. I expect hear him calling them "boyband" shortly after he's in the door.

Irish_Steve
09-03-2024, 02:52 PM
He was getting sacked sooner rather than later. I said on this thread 11 days ago he would be sacked in the next two weeks, not far off and another manager who comes up from England and fails miserably.

He hasn't been sacked tho - he left of his own (bon) accord

MWHIBBIES
09-03-2024, 02:54 PM
Lennon will give them a boot up the backside which could be all they need. I expect hear him calling them "boyband" shortly after he's in the door.

He called Hibs 2005 side a boyband, because of their haircuts and their partying. Not the one he inherited.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Lennon was handed a golden ticket with us. Team and fans were flying from winning the SC.

Let's see how his no nonsense approach works with a team "struggling" could go either way tbh

Since452
09-03-2024, 03:07 PM
Lennon was handed a golden ticket with us. Team and fans were flying from winning the SC.

Let's see how his no nonsense approach works with a team "struggling" could go either way tbh

Yeah. Took over Hibs at probably the clubs highest ever ebb

Kato
09-03-2024, 03:15 PM
Yeah. Took over Hibs at probably the clubs highest ever ebb.....this century.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
09-03-2024, 03:16 PM
Yeah. Took over Hibs at probably the clubs highest ever ebb

😂😂😂

You do realise that ebb means on the way out when referring to the tide 🤔

Hibrandenburg
09-03-2024, 03:22 PM
😂😂😂

Coincidentally it was also Hibs' lowest flow.

Moulin Yarns
09-03-2024, 03:26 PM
Coincidentally it was also Hibs' lowest flow.

Time and tide waits for no one 😉

The Baldmans Comb
09-03-2024, 03:32 PM
What a ridiculous way to run a football club and no wonder English managers see Scottish football as a cash cow to top up their pension pots and massage their wee ego's on their fleeting visits.

They just take the absolute pish but you can hardly blame them as Scottish supporters are just ripe for being walked all over and by god we should know with our huge payouts and mind numbing, simpering
"Good luck Lee" and" Good Luck Hecky" threads of self pity.

Northernhibee
09-03-2024, 03:39 PM
What a ridiculous way to run a football club and no wonder English managers see Scottish football as a cash cow to top up their pension pots and massage their wee ego's on their fleeting visits.

They just take the absolute pish but you can hardly blame them as Scottish supporters are just ripe for being walked all over and by god we should know with our huge payouts and mind numbing, simpering
"Good luck Lee" and" Good Luck Hecky" threads of self pity.

Thing is, Hecky was a decent guy and was apparently brilliant with the players, particularly on the way out. He’s also shown himself since to be a good manager who probably was with us at the wrong time.

ekhibee
09-03-2024, 03:47 PM
Thing is, Hecky was a decent guy and was apparently brilliant with the players, particularly on the way out. He’s also shown himself since to be a good manager who probably was with us at the wrong time.

The problem is, we have a history of having managers "at the wrong time", let's hope we're done with that now.

B.H.F.C
09-03-2024, 03:51 PM
The problem is, we have a history of having managers "at the wrong time", let's hope we're done with that now.

Can’t think of too many that we’ve got rid of that have went on to much better things.

The Modfather
09-03-2024, 04:02 PM
Can’t think of too many that we’ve got rid of that have went on to much better things.

Collins was possibly the right man at the wrong time. Would have liked to see him under the more modern and professional Hibs post Petrie. Same with Mixu, he went away after Hibs for a year watching football around Europe and digesting his time at Hibs. Came back a better manager at Killie for it. Though neither went on to better after Hibs.

Agree with your general point though. Mowbray the last manager we got on the way up?

Radge70
09-03-2024, 04:07 PM
😂😂😂

We were on the crest of a wave

badabing67
09-03-2024, 05:04 PM
Just like Trump then!

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

eastmainsmsh
09-03-2024, 05:16 PM
Sheffield United bound ?

wookie70
09-03-2024, 05:33 PM
Sheffield United bound ? Possibly doesn't know where he is or where he is going

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2024, 05:50 PM
Lennon rumoured to have agreed a deal to take over. Odd timing tho.

It’s the obvious choice for Aberdeen. He’ll do well there.

DH1875
09-03-2024, 07:23 PM
I don't see the problem. If it is Lennon and he's available now then why wait till the summer.

Since452
09-03-2024, 08:19 PM
😂😂😂

I didn't 😂 I do now though. Every day's a school day. Thanks 😀

Musselbound
09-03-2024, 11:13 PM

Wasn't it said that Warnock would give them a boot up the backside?

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 01:47 AM
Be interesting, if it is Lennon, to see what kind of contract he's wangled? Three year deal?

hibee316
10-03-2024, 06:41 AM

He might do well, but there is nothing in Lennons back catalogue to suggest that he will.

Any club he has been at when the going gets tough, he hasn't had any answers other than to get angry.

Rumble de Thump
10-03-2024, 06:47 AM
Any manager does fine unless they don't win games.

Most managers have the ability to recover. They don't follow it up with abusing players and a meltdown.

Since452
10-03-2024, 06:49 AM
Has Lennon ever taken over a struggling team and made them better? I don't think it would be a bad appointment by them but he seems to have always done best taking over teams that are pretty good and is given loads of credit in the media for it when they remain pretty good.

Northernhibee
10-03-2024, 07:11 AM
Has Lennon ever taken over a struggling team and made them better? I don't think it would be a bad appointment by them but he seems to have always done best taking over teams that are pretty good and is given loads of credit in the media for it when they remain pretty good.

General pattern is takes over a team with a good budget in comparison for the league they are in, short to mid term results, then it collapses. Anything longer than a one year deal would be madness.

Heisenberg
10-03-2024, 07:30 AM
From what I saw on Twitter last night it’s apparently someone that’s at another club, so rules Lennon out.

Bit of chat about Michael O’Neill too.

JimBHibees
10-03-2024, 08:06 AM
From what I saw on Twitter last night it’s apparently someone that’s at another club, so rules Lennon out.

Would be surprised if Lennon think he is seen as damaged goods by some. Can also remember some Sheep fans singing a sectarian ditty about him at ER.

JimBHibees
10-03-2024, 08:08 AM

Depends which Lennon turns up. Dont see him there personally.

WeeRussell
10-03-2024, 08:50 AM
I don’t think it’ll be Lennon either, and I don’t think many if any Aberdeen fans will want it to be.

I’m surprised so many on here are convinced it will be. If he’s not good enough for us, why would Aberdeen deem him the right man, even in their current position?

We wouldn’t hire him if we were in a bottom of the table scrap with a semi final.

It’s not impossible, but I’m not convinced.

JimBHibees
10-03-2024, 09:02 AM
I don’t think it’ll be Lennon either, and I don’t think many if any Aberdeen fans will want it to be.

I’m surprised so many on here are convinced it will be. If he’s not good enough for us, why would Aberdeen deem him the right man, even in their current position?

We wouldn’t hire him if we were in a bottom of the table scrap with a semi final.

It’s not impossible, but I’m not convinced.

Mirrors my thought. Lennon would be a huge gamble for Cormack with their fans. Don't see it happening.

.Sean.
10-03-2024, 09:50 AM
No he won’t

At least once he flops there we might hear the end of the cries for Saint Lenny’s return from the Celtic lovers in our support every time we get beat.

ChilliEater
10-03-2024, 10:07 AM
St Mirren fan on one of my Facebook groups seems to think it's Robinson. I think Aberdeen have a 50:50 success rate on St Mirren managers :hmmm:

eastmainsmsh
10-03-2024, 10:16 AM
Hjk Helsinki ex manager linked

McD
10-03-2024, 10:36 AM

If he is that obvious a choice, why didn’t Aberdeen appoint him after Robson, rather than bringing in warnock?

No he won’t

At least once he flops there we might hear the end of the cries for Saint Lenny’s return from the Celtic lovers in our support every time we get beat.

:agree: Here’s hoping

Walter
10-03-2024, 10:44 AM
Think they will try Roy Hodgson next

flash
10-03-2024, 10:44 AM
Think they will try Roy Hodgson next

Stuart Baxter.

Caversham Green
10-03-2024, 11:05 AM
Sheffield United bound ?

He's been an abject failure at one of the bigger clubs in what the English see as a pub league so I'd be very surprised if they considered him.

Pagan Hibernia
10-03-2024, 11:14 AM
No he won’t

Celtic lovers in our support? Grow the **** up

Since452
10-03-2024, 11:37 AM
Micheal O'Neil

leith lynx
10-03-2024, 11:41 AM
Micheal O'Neil

Heard that as well, does well there and he will eventually get the Hibs job.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2024, 11:42 AM
He might do well, but there is nothing in Lennons back catalogue to suggest that he will.

Any club he has been at when the going gets tough, he hasn't had any answers other than to get angry.

He's had a good few years to reflect. Maybe me's mellowed a bit and realised he needs to adapt?

Sounds like he's keen and I don't imagine him just taking a job for the hell of it. I think he'll try to emulate what McInnes did with them.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2024, 11:43 AM
If he is that obvious a choice, why didn’t Aberdeen appoint him after Robson, rather than bringing in warnock?

I know right, crazy decision back then that they probably regret.

VoltaireHibs
10-03-2024, 12:03 PM
Micheal O'Neil

That would be an appointment that would concern me. Good manager, imo. Prefer if they went for Lennon.

Carheenlea
10-03-2024, 12:08 PM
Could there be a curveball and McInnes makes a return..?

Carheenlea
10-03-2024, 12:11 PM
That would be an appointment that would concern me. Good manager, imo. Prefer if they went for Lennon.

I wouldn’t be too keen to see Lennon at Aberdeen, but I’d be more unhappy if O’Neil was the man unveiled.

Hopefully neither are in the dugout by weekend!

Jones28
10-03-2024, 12:22 PM
Could there be a curveball and McInnes makes a return..?

I wondered about that. I’m not convinced he’d want to though.

Donegal Hibby
10-03-2024, 12:30 PM
O'Neill, Lennon are the names mainly getting mentioned on the dons forum . One or two mentioned Paul heckingbottom .

10-03-2024, 01:01 PM
O'Neill, Lennon are the names mainly getting mentioned on the dons forum . One or two mentioned Paul heckingbottom .

Just said on Off The Ball it's Michael O' Neill. Not official yet so I suppose their source could be the Aberdeen forum.

.Sean.
10-03-2024, 01:07 PM
Celtic lovers in our support? Grow the **** up
Nah you’re alright

You know exactly the type I mean.

He's here!
11-03-2024, 02:53 PM
Just said on Off The Ball it's Michael O' Neill. Not official yet so I suppose their source could be the Aberdeen forum.

Aberdeen have announced this afternoon that they've 'drawn up a shortlist' and will be asking other clubs for permission to speak to the managers they want to interview, which seems odd considering they apparently ditched Warnock because they were on the brink of appointing someone. All sounds shambolic behind the scenes.

Fingers crossed they land another dud.

JohnM1875
11-03-2024, 03:57 PM
Aberdeen have announced this afternoon that they've 'drawn up a shortlist' and will be asking other clubs for permission to speak to the managers they want to interview, which seems odd considering they apparently ditched Warnock because they were on the brink of appointing someone. All sounds shambolic behind the scenes.

Fingers crossed they land another dud.

Think they realised they'd made a massive **** up appointing Warnock in the first place so got rid.

But completely agree and hope their next appointment is just as bad or worse.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2024, 04:05 PM
It’s a strange one: the guy appointed on a temporary basis leaves early. It makes no sense; there is probably more to it than what has been said. Warnock claims it’s so a new manger can get a couple of months looking at the squad this season. Then why not say that when approached? He should have told Aberdeen he didn’t feel a stop-gap appointment was a good idea in the first place.

This makes Aberdeen look clueless. All very strange.

JohnM1875
11-03-2024, 04:22 PM
It’s a strange one: the guy appointed on a temporary basis leaves early. It makes no sense; there is probably more to it than what has been said. Warnock claims it’s so a new manger can get a couple of months looking at the squad this season. Then why not say that when approached? He should have told Aberdeen he didn’t feel a stop-gap appointment was a good idea in the first place.

This makes Aberdeen look clueless. All very strange.

Guy who works in my local is an Aberdeen fan, good guy actually. Apparently Warnock had been travelling back down the road a lot visiting doctors. So could well be health related.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2024, 04:23 PM
Guy who works in my local is an Aberdeen fan, good guy actually. Apparently Warnock had been travelling back down the road a lot visiting doctors. So could well be health related.

It might well be. He’s 75, after all.

ACLeith
11-03-2024, 04:33 PM
It might well be. He’s 75, after all.

Hey, watch it 😡

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2024, 04:35 PM
Hey, watch it 😡

:hilarious:hilarious

You don’t look a day over 40

VoltaireHibs
11-03-2024, 04:35 PM

I tend to agree with one of the Sportsound guys, might have been Mikey Stewart, who said he came up for a jolly, thought he'd show our league how it's done, and get the gig full time if he wanted it.

He came up, got found out, wanted away. His last interview was revealing. And I don't buy the 'I've been telling the board they need to get someone in' line he came out with. Bollocks.

Arrogant tool that time has made an irrelevance. And the BBC guys fawning over him in interviews (a'la Clement 🤮🤮) should be run out of town.

ACLeith
11-03-2024, 04:37 PM
:hilarious:hilarious

You don’t look a day over 40

Thank you, but when do you get your white stick? 🤓

He's here!
11-03-2024, 05:45 PM
I tend to agree with one of the Sportsound guys, might have been Mikey Stewart, who said he came up for a jolly, thought he'd show our league how it's done, and get the gig full time if he wanted it.

He came up, got found out, wanted away. His last interview was revealing. And I don't buy the 'I've been telling the board they need to get someone in' line he came out with. Bollocks.

Arrogant tool that time has made an irrelevance. And the BBC guys fawning over him in interviews (a'la Clement 🤮🤮) should be run out of town.

Bit harsh. He's been in management over 40 years and got eight sides promoted. I used to watch Notts County way back when he took them to the top flight and he seemed a decent enough bloke. Sure, he's a bit of a relic now but it was Aberdeen who decided to appoint him rather than him touting himself for the job.

Agree about the media fawning over Clement but there's no getting away from the fact Rangers have landed a gem there.

MWHIBBIES
11-03-2024, 05:53 PM
Bit harsh. He's been in management over 40 years and got eight sides promoted. I used to watch Notts County way back when he took them to the top flight and he seemed a decent enough bloke. Sure, he's a bit of a relic now but it was Aberdeen who decided to appoint him rather than him touting himself for the job.

Agree about the media fawning over Clement but there's no getting away from the fact Rangers have landed a gem there.

Neil Warnock has had an excellent managerial career. 8 promotions and probably saved as many from the drop.