PDA

View Full Version : WTF should we expect

Torto7062
17-02-2024, 04:11 PM
I read thread's about top 6 bottom etc and I think
Where should we be realistically and what should we demand as fans.
For 40odds yrs we've had he majority of ***** seasons, christ even 2016 was an abomination in the league.
Do we have the divine right to expect 3rd or 4th I don't think so
And Where's Montgomery compared to Malloney and others before him stats wise now...probably worse

Hibeesdaft16
17-02-2024, 04:14 PM
Hahaha the fans are unrealistic to be upset being 10 points behind Killie and 8 behind St Mirren, 5 behind Dundee.

Our support is ****ing brilliant, going back and backing the team after year after year of underachieving. Now the fans are unrealistic to want top 6 every year with the budget we have?

Monty is as bad a manager, if not worse than Maloney with the job he is doing with the resources he has in comparison.

Keith_M
17-02-2024, 04:16 PM
Well, personally I expect better than having gone over 2 months without a league win, but maybe I'm being unrealistic.

:rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
17-02-2024, 04:20 PM
For 40odds yrs we've had he majority of ***** seasons, christ even 2016 was an abomination in the league.
And Where's Montgomery compared to Malloney and others before him stats wise now...probably worse

5 league wins in 21 games. Maloney had 3 wins in 15 league games. He’s been an awful appointment.

matty_f
17-02-2024, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure how many times we've gone to Aberdeen expecting to win, but today's game aside, we definitely have a case to be expecting a whole lot more than we're getting at the moment.

AL-Qaholik
17-02-2024, 04:23 PM
We’ve gone an entire run of fixtures without a league win.
December 3rd our last win.
I would hope every single Hibs fan would expect better than this.
WTF do you expect?!

Rumble de Thump
17-02-2024, 04:26 PM
I expect the match officals to pick and choose when to apply the rules to the detriment of our team, and cost Hibs a huge amount of points over the course of the season.

GreenCastle
17-02-2024, 04:28 PM
24 points behind Hearts currently is unacceptable.

We have only won in Aberdeen x2 since 2012.

We have only won x2 in a row once all season.

Haven’t won since 9th December in the league.

Pretty woeful.

Crab apple
17-02-2024, 04:29 PM
We should expect much better. Budget wise we're miles ahead of St Mirren, Killie etc but it looks like they'll comfortably finish above us in the league. I don't know how much if any influence Monty has over our signings but I've no doubt that with McInnes as manager we'd be a stronger team on the park and end up in a healthier league position.

A Hi-Bee
17-02-2024, 04:29 PM
I expect the match officals to pick and choose when to apply the rules to the detriment of our team, and cost Hibs a huge amount of points over the course of the season.
:top marksalthough some still say it is just poor refereeing, they have to think about the after dinner speaking circuit once they stop refereeing, who would want a referee that played to the rules, he would never get a gig in the west and its worth say 400 quid a time, free meal and booze, good money if you can get it.

Bakerman
17-02-2024, 04:30 PM
I'm going against the grain, and am delighted at a 2-2 comeback at Pittodrie. A hard place to go to and get points, never mind when stonewall penalties go ignored. A hard fought point, well done to the team that competed for the point.

Not In The Know
17-02-2024, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure how many times we've gone to Aberdeen expecting to win, but today's game aside, we definitely have a case to be expecting a whole lot more than we're getting at the moment.

With a good amount of time to go we looked happy with a draw.

mental when Dundee won.

hibeerealist
17-02-2024, 04:39 PM
I'm going against the grain, and am delighted at a 2-2 comeback at Pittodrie. A hard place to go to and get points, never mind when stonewall penalties go ignored. A hard fought point, well done to the team that competed for the point.

Something smelling here get back to watching the foreheid LTYF

Hibees1973
17-02-2024, 04:46 PM
Not much with the defenders we have.

Sparrows tongue
17-02-2024, 04:47 PM

You are at it.

Just like your 'thousands of games at ER' comment, something just isn't right with this post.

A Hi-Bee
17-02-2024, 04:47 PM
I expect the unexpected.

A Hi-Bee
17-02-2024, 04:49 PM
You are at it.

Just like your 'thousands of games at ER' comment, something just isn't right with this post.

I may have around a thousand games, remember good times and bad times being Hibs supporter.

matty_f
17-02-2024, 04:50 PM

mental when Dundee won.

It's mental, we needed to win today, you can make a case for not losing being a decent result but that's all it was - decent. A win was needed and only a win would have been a good result.

Kato
17-02-2024, 04:52 PM
We should expect more shots at goal.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

bingo70
17-02-2024, 04:53 PM
It's mental, we needed to win today, you can make a case for not losing being a decent result but that's all it was - decent. A win was needed and only a win would have been a good result.

We needed to not lose today imo.

Today was a better result for us than Aberdeen. It’s easy to kick off now about us not going for the win but if we’d lost today it would have been a big problem. Looking at the fixtures ahead, we’re in not that bad a position to catch those above us. We need to start winning games, especially next Saturday but today wasn’t that bad a result.

Sparrows tongue
I may have around a thousand games, remember good times and bad times being Hibs supporter.

Of course. :aok:

I just think that the post I quoted was a bit erm.. fishy, shall we say?

Bakerman
You are at it.

'I'm at it'? For being positive about a 2-2 draw at Pittodrie. Especially, when we were 2-1 down, post a stonewall penalty being turned down. Personally, I'm delighted that my team showed spirit and determination, to earn a well deserved point at Pittodrie, despite the non-penalty award. No worries if you think I'm 'at it'.

A Hi-Bee
17-02-2024, 04:55 PM

You just being a wee bit sole full. Thats all, always next week.

Bakerman
17-02-2024, 04:56 PM

What was 'fishy' is you steaming into a poster being positive about our deserved away point today. But, no worries pal. I couldn't care less what some think, as i'm only posting my hibs felt opinion. We fought well to come back today. Well done the team.

Sparrows tongue
17-02-2024, 04:57 PM
You just being a wee bit sole full. Thats all, always next week.

Love the fish pun, especially when we have just played the Codheids! :greengrin

And aye, you're probably right about next week.

Torto7062
17-02-2024, 05:10 PM
We as a club should be demand 3rd or 4th minimum but recent year's I'd say 4th or 5th is at a push.

I really hope Monty would get it right, but having my doubts now

One Day Soon
17-02-2024, 05:12 PM
I just cannot believe we are persisting with this manager. His record is absolutely howling.

Chorley Hibee
17-02-2024, 05:15 PM

mental when Dundee won.

That's what annoyed me the most.

Loser mentality.

Cabbage-Patch
17-02-2024, 05:26 PM
It's simple for me he needs 12 out of the next 15 or should be sacked. Beat Dundee at home next week and then Ross County home and away or that's it. He shouldn't be given a pre season and money to spend with this record. Haven't included the Hearts game btw as it's obvious they will absolutely crucify us based on current form.

Not In The Know
17-02-2024, 05:37 PM

mental when Dundee won.

Torto7062
17-02-2024, 08:46 PM
It's simple for me he needs 12 out of the next 15 or should be sacked. Beat Dundee at home next week and then Ross County home and away or that's it. He shouldn't be given a pre season and money to spend with this record. Haven't included the Hearts game btw as it's obvious they will absolutely crucify us based on current form.

Tend to agree with this mate

hibeerealist
17-02-2024, 11:25 PM

Absolutely no chance and we all know it!

​Cant see where our next win will come from.

Wilson
17-02-2024, 11:35 PM
Absolutely no chance and we all know it!

​Cant see where our next win will come from.

We beat Dundee at Easter Road. Ross County home and away. No problem. I'd take a draw in the derby - Hearts have third sewn up anyway.

That's where.

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 12:24 AM
We beat Dundee at Easter Road. Ross County home and away. No problem. I'd take a draw in the derby - Hearts have third sewn up anyway.

That's where.

How can you say "no problem"? We haven't won a league game in two months. Take a draw in the derby? You mean pray to **** we don't get pumped as per. Hertz want to win every derby regardless of anything. Not a chance we beat Dundee and County home and away.

Donegal Hibby
18-02-2024, 12:48 AM
How can you say "no problem"? We haven't won a league game in two months. Take a draw in the derby? You mean pray to **** we don't get pumped as per. Hertz want to win every derby regardless of anything. Not a chance we beat Dundee and County home and away.

Yeah I'd take a draw in the derby though like yesterday it's a winnable game again . Last time we played at tiny we weren't pumped were we ? . F*** hertz btw though do you not think Hibs want to win too? . Not a chance we will beat Dundee and county ? :rolleyes:

Greensunshine
18-02-2024, 12:52 AM
Hell yeah, we should be aiming for third with our budget but the people at our club who make the decisions to bring in players/managers really are the ones who should hang their heads in shame.

Recruitment has been dreadful. It’s only the new loan players that have given us a much needed boost.

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Yeah I'd take a draw in the derby though like yesterday it's a winnable game again . Last time we played at tiny we weren't pumped were we ? . F*** hertz btw though do you not think Hibs want to win too? . Not a chance we will beat Dundee and county ? :rolleyes:

You take draws in games that we really need to win because we have been ***** most of the season so that we have any chance of Europe next season? Fair enough if you are happy with draws and sixth at best, that's your prerogative.

It's as winnable as beating one of the old firm at home, we scraped a draw in the last derby against a hertz team that outplayed us while being absolute murder themselves. Since then they have gone on to be 24 points ahead of us. I do think we want to win as professionals yes, they always seem to want it more though, regardless of how many points they have tied up third place by already in mid Feb

No, there's no chance we beat Dundee who we couldn't beat at home earlier this season and County (likewise couldn't beat at home) back to back based on our form and how we have played all season. Call it being realistic, we have won no games in the league this year yet you roll your eyes at me realistically stating we wont win 3 of our next 4 league games? Sound.

Bakerman
18-02-2024, 12:56 AM

:agree:

Anyone with a ticket that fears getting 'pumped', please let me know, I'd gladly take it from you, as I don't fear it, and would gladly go to support Hibs.

matty_f
18-02-2024, 01:13 AM
You take draws in games that we really need to win because we have been ***** most of the season so that we have any chance of Europe next season? Fair enough if you are happy with draws and sixth at best, that's your prerogative.

It's as winnable as beating one of the old firm at home, we scraped a draw in the last derby against a hertz team that outplayed us while being absolute murder themselves. Since then they have gone on to be 24 points ahead of us. I do think we want to win as professionals yes, they always seem to want it more though, regardless of how many points they have tied up third place by already in mid Feb

No, there's no chance we beat Dundee who we couldn't beat at home earlier this season and County (likewise couldn't beat at home) back to back based on our form and how we have played all season. Call it being realistic, we have won no games in the league this year yet you roll your eyes at me realistically stating we wont win 3 of our next 4 league games? Sound.

We beat Dundee with ten men earlier in the season as well, and the 0-0 at Easter Road was as one sided as it gets, we should have won it comfortably. What makes you think it's unrealistic to think we could beat them on Saturday?

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 01:21 AM
We beat Dundee with ten men earlier in the season as well, and the 0-0 at Easter Road was as one sided as it gets, we should have won it comfortably. What makes you think it's unrealistic to think we could beat them on Saturday?

We should have beaten them that game I agree, Carson was fantastic.

We might beat them, it's unrealistic to expect any team who hasn't won a league game since the start of December (even that was fortunate) to win three of the next 4 league games though. I fail to see how that's unfair to say?

Donegal Hibby
18-02-2024, 01:26 AM

We might beat them, it's unrealistic to expect any team who hasn't won a league game since the start of December (even that was fortunate) to win three of the next 4 league games though. I fail to see how that's unfair to say?

We might beat them ? Yet you said we had no chance ! . :confused:

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 01:29 AM
We might beat them ? Yet you said we had no chance ! . :confused:

Perhaps read back. I said there's no chance we beat Dundee then County home and away. Cheers.

matty_f
18-02-2024, 01:37 AM

I don't think it's unrealistic based on the fixtures with Ross County making up two of those league games.

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 01:43 AM
I don't think it's unrealistic based on the fixtures with Ross County making up two of those league games.

Fair enough and I hope you are correct and works out well. We will be about 6/1 to do so though, almost evens to beat Dundee on their own.

Donegal Hibby
18-02-2024, 01:58 AM
Perhaps read back. I said there's no chance we beat Dundee then County home and away. Cheers.

What's our record against Dundee and county this season? . Have hertz pumped us this year too ? Didn't have to read back . Cheers .

Iain G
18-02-2024, 02:07 AM

It's not unrealistic! Of course we can win 3 or more.games, the new players and new style are bedding in! Be hopeful 😁

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 02:30 AM
What's our record against Dundee and county this season? . Have hertz pumped us this year too ? Didn't have to read back . Cheers .

We haven't beat Dundee or County at home this season. No, we haven't played them, they did beat us at home though, what's your point caller? You should read back as you questioned what I posted with another sarcastic smiley based on you not gathering what I posted correctly.

Hibeesdaft16
18-02-2024, 02:31 AM
It's not unrealistic! Of course we can win 3 or more.games, the new players and new style are bedding in! Be hopeful 😁

It's more of unbased hope but I hope we do or the season is gone.

Stonewall
18-02-2024, 05:16 AM
You are at it.

The major thing that is wrong with the statement is that the penalty claim was “ignored”. It was reviewed by BAR and rejected, not ignored. I wish someone could explain why.

Yorkshire HFC
18-02-2024, 05:50 AM

Nothing.

Football is a hobby - if you don't like it then go and do something else - come back when you think you'll start enjoying it again. It's not worth it.

Nicho87
18-02-2024, 06:33 AM
Watched mattys clip on sportsound and to be fair he summed it up perfectly

‘Kicking the can down the road’ I dont think I’ve recently heard that analogy / saying recently

We said st Mirren was a must win. Hibs didn’t turn up, literally the worst I’ve seen all season.

Dundee is a must win. With hearts to follow, the writing would appear on the wall

If he fails to beat Dundee I don’t know if the board would react or give him the derby

One thing is for sure I’d be so happy if we just went and got an experienced manager, Derek McInnes I want to see your sun tan glow in that home dug out. SOS