View Full Version : Behind the goals and Safe Standing

Pages : [1] 2

04Sauzee
15-02-2024, 02:15 PM
For next season
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/easter-road-stadium-improvements-2024-25

hibee
15-02-2024, 02:16 PM
£800 for behind the goals access, no thanks!

Pretty Boy
15-02-2024, 02:19 PM
The new Behind the Goals sounds pretty impressive.

£800 is a bit of a stretch for me but sure it will prove popular.

I still think there is scope for a free to enter bar on match day. Those big marquees they have at Murrayfield for the rugby must be doable at ER. Not a huge issue for me as there is no shortage of pubs around the ground but it would be good as another option.

Centre Hawf
15-02-2024, 02:20 PM

Does feel a bit steep. But I know the Albion Bar has been a success and people who have gotten it seem to really rate it, a bit too busy to really enjoy it in comparison to the pub the couple times I've managed to go.

04Sauzee
15-02-2024, 02:20 PM

I'm not sure what the padded seat ticket holders are currently paying? So £800 for home games with access to a paid bar and paid street food. Is that good value?

Centre Hawf
15-02-2024, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure what the padded seat ticket holders are currently paying? So £800 for home games with access to a paid bar and paid street food. Is that good value?

Not sure its paid? The other page says card bar.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/hospitality/behind-the-goals

hibee
15-02-2024, 02:22 PM

£485 this season so an extra £315 for the privilege of getting in to buy food and drink.

Chipper1875
15-02-2024, 02:23 PM
If we sell it out it will be worth it . Also, if we don’t there will be an opportunity to buy a ticket for individual games.

Albion Bar has been a great success, hopefully, that’s replicated .

04Sauzee
15-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Not sure its paid? The other page says card bar.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tickets-hospitality/hospitality/behind-the-goals

Sorry I meant for the privilege of paying for your drinks.

GreenCastle
15-02-2024, 02:28 PM
Behind The Goals Overview

Premium Sports Bar experience - just a fancy name for bar ?
Pitch views - you would hope so!
Pre-match access - obviously
Post-match access with flexible closing times - assume that means later kick offs close earlier ?
Reserved table
Card bar - drinks are extra ?
Street Food to purchase - street food v normal food ??
Half-time access - you would expect so
Executive seating in Famous Five Upper
Access to all home cinch Premiership fixtures only - cup games and friendlies not included ??

jeffers
15-02-2024, 02:28 PM
So if I’m reading it correctly the prices for next season have been released and early bird gold will cost me £430. Can anyone remember what the equivalent was for this season ?

Bridge hibs
15-02-2024, 02:29 PM
£485 this season so an extra £315 for the privilege of getting in to buy food and drink.

Thats not too bad actually, Im in that area and if I still liked a bevvy I would have paid that, however for juice or water I would rather give it a miss. We are not renewing our season tickets anyway but good to see hibs are utilising the FF stand now

j'adorehibs
15-02-2024, 02:32 PM
.....and still no mention of how the standing section will manage the flags which id imagine will be behind goals.

Will they or will they not be up during match play? As im in section 18 row P if so they will impact our view if we decide to stay.

Two weeks to make our decisions but we still dont have all the facts!

Kieron Power , is this one you can answer? I asked before but you stated more info would be made available from the club. I assume this communication is that and it doesnt answer this key question for me and i'd assume others.

Thanks

SteveHFC
15-02-2024, 02:33 PM
So if I’m reading it correctly the prices for next season have been released and early bird gold will cost me £430. Can anyone remember what the equivalent was for this season ?

https://d3tepru76oevpi.cloudfront.net/production/Pricing-1.jpeg

Stairway 2 7
15-02-2024, 02:35 PM
Looks brilliant. Standing section should really increase the atmosphere. All of the improvements look a positive

hibee
15-02-2024, 02:35 PM

They’re all the same price as this season apart from kids in Bronze seats which have gone up.

Not In The Know
15-02-2024, 02:40 PM
Looks brilliant. Standing section should really increase the atmosphere. All of the improvements look a positive

Another great improvement to the stadium, id fancy a ticket in the lounge with direct access to the stadium - sounds cool.

I do hope they have considered how pish it looks on tv with the "always" empty seats at the front edges of the lower FF. id imagine with all the bams standing behind they'll never get filled now...

Bridge hibs
15-02-2024, 02:41 PM
27690 New standing and seating plan for FF lower

CapitalGreen
15-02-2024, 02:45 PM
Another great improvement to the stadium, id fancy a ticket in the lounge with direct access to the stadium - sounds cool.

I do hope they have considered how pish it looks on tv with the "always" empty seats at the front edges of the lower FF. id imagine with all the bams standing behind they'll never get filled now...

Not everyone who enjoys standing at football matches is a bam.

Not In The Know
15-02-2024, 02:46 PM

£42 a game with a reserved table before and after the game ! great deal.

Gatecrasher
15-02-2024, 02:51 PM
Got excited about BTG then saw the price :rolleyes:

brianmc
15-02-2024, 02:54 PM

Pretty sure it was £420.

jeffers
They’re all the same as this season apart from kids in Bronze seats.

Cheers.

Ringothedog
.....and still no mention of how the standing section will manage the flags which id imagine will be behind goals.

Will they or will they not be up during match play? As im in section 18 row P if so they will impact our view if we decide to stay.

Kieron Power , is this one you can answer? I asked before but you stated more info would be made available from the club. I assume this communication is that and it doesnt answer this key question for me and i'd assume others.

Thanks

Section 18 is going to be standing, you will be moving seat?

Chipper1875
15-02-2024, 02:57 PM
27690 New standing and seating plan for FF lower

Fans sitting in the lower area in front of safe stamp, will have their view blocked , by the central area , which is fully Safe standing. Depending if they need to look to the left or right hand side of the pitch .

Feels badly thought thro . Suprised whole area isn’t safe standing .

Bristolhibby
15-02-2024, 03:01 PM
Fans sitting in the lower area in front of safe stamp, will have their view blocked , by the central area , which is fully Safe standing. Depending if they need to look to the left or right hand side of the pitch .

Good point. Wouldn’t suprise me that this is a way to move any limpets who refuse to move and that it will eventually all be safe standing.

J

Malonga's Cat
15-02-2024, 03:10 PM
Don't imagine many folk will fancy sitting at the front with the standing folks behind them so we may still be left with the gaps there. Seems a strange choice to not just go for it and make the whole area standing.

Interested to see what a family section in the East will look like too...

j'adorehibs
15-02-2024, 03:11 PM
Section 18 is going to be standing, you will be moving seat?

i wont if theres no flags during match play, i will take my allocated standing area

Broxburn Greens
15-02-2024, 03:15 PM

Yup, currently sit in the FFL in row P and as my 11yo won’t stand I toyed with moving to the remaining seating areas in the FFL but exactly what you say has made me bin it.

Also I think the uppermost rows in these areas will effectively become standing as those not quick off the mark will buy these as a second option and just stand as those behind are standing anyway.

Whole lower tier would’ve been better as safe standing in my opinion.

Anyway it’s off to Block 38 for us next season, once the laddie is a full price adult after finishing education and the daughter an under 18 I’ll revisit and probably move again.

The process for “I want to move here” is pretty simple but there’s not many left in block 38 except the very back rows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j'adorehibs
15-02-2024, 03:16 PM

this was mentioned at the consultation along with flags and doesnt appear to have been considered.

JohnM1875
15-02-2024, 03:19 PM
£800?! Oft. No doubt it’ll sell out though.

04Sauzee
15-02-2024, 03:22 PM
So currently early bird renewal for my FF upper seat would be £395. The cost of behind the goals will be £800. As much as I'd love to use it I can't guarantee I'd be able to get down early enough every game. An extra £405 for a padded seat and access to food and drink that costs extra comes in at an extra £21 per game assuming you get 19 home games. That £21 doesn't include me buying any food or drink. That's just me , we have 4 tickets in our house. Think I'm going to have to sit this one out.

18Craig75
15-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Unless I’ve missed it…I can’t see any option to move for people currently sat in East 38, (which will become the family zone) that would want to move rather than sit on a family section?

j'adorehibs
15-02-2024, 03:25 PM
Unless I’ve missed it…I can’t see any option to move for people currently sat in East 38, (which will become the family zone) that would want to move rather than sit on a family section?

mind your language :wink:

15-02-2024, 03:25 PM

Was the same.

https://i.ibb.co/YWfyzDp/Pricing-NEW-01-1.png (https://ibb.co/KGVLMNF)

CapitalGreen
15-02-2024, 03:26 PM

Apart from more affordable prices for families, what difference will there be?

Stuart93
15-02-2024, 03:26 PM
I reckon it’ll sell out so the club will be quids in

It would be nice for them to bring something out that your average ST holder can afford/gain access to, especially with a family. Where am I going to take the wee man when he’s older so he can tie a scarf up and use it as a baw

I’m not a ST holder so it doesn’t really effect me either way

Power
15-02-2024, 03:37 PM

Thanks

We’ll adopt a short pole flag policy. Large pole flags won’t be permitted during the game so supporters in different areas of the Famous Five Stand can see the goalmouth uninterrupted.

We’re aware of poor sight lines from the left and right of block 18 in 17 and 19 and have removed seats accordingly to ensure the best views - details of seats removed to accommodate this here - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/seasontickets/2024-25/famous-five-lower

Block 17

Row F, seats 50 to 52,
Row G, seats 54 to 56,
Row H, seats 54 to 56

Block 19

Row F, seats 89 to 91,
Row G, seats 85 to 87,
Row H, seats 85 to 87

j'adorehibs
15-02-2024, 03:40 PM
We’ll adopt a short pole flag policy. Large pole flags won’t be permitted during the game so supporters in different areas of the Famous Five Stand can see the goalmouth uninterrupted.

We’re aware of poor sight lines from the left and right of block 18 in 17 and 19 and have removed seats accordingly to ensure the best views - details of seats removed to accommodate this here - https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/seasontickets/2024-25/famous-five-lower

Row F, seats 50 to 52,

Row G, seats 54 to 56,

Row H, seats 54 to 56

Block 19

Row F, seats 89 to 91,

Row G, seats 85 to 87,

Row H, seats 85 to 87

Thanks , easy decision for my 4 now. We will be standing for 24/25!!!!:aok:

Bridge hibs
15-02-2024, 03:43 PM
Apart from more affordable prices for families, what difference will there be?

Im sure they are going to have play zones in the concourse, funky forest, climbing frames, tarzan ropes, ball pits, music, disco, face painting, creche facilities a milk and juice bar and ample secure parking for buggies and prams with nappy changing facilities throughout

Unsure what they are doing for kids though 😳

marinello59
15-02-2024, 03:45 PM
Has the priority for away tickets been removed from the Season ticket benefits?

Green Man
15-02-2024, 03:46 PM
I’m currently in row J, section 17, which will become the last row of seating before it turns to standing. My son wants to be near the ultras and I can stand up knowing there’s nobody sitting behind me to worry about, while I can also get a seat if I get tired. Don’t think it could have worked out any better for me.

Gatecrasher
15-02-2024, 03:52 PM
Maybe as part of these upgrades they can clean the shelves in the East stand. I'm surprised the health inspector hasn't shut it down yet.

Sparrows tongue
15-02-2024, 03:53 PM

I'd say so.

Assuming, that is, that it is unlimited bar visits and unlimited food?

Real Emerald
15-02-2024, 04:03 PM
I wish they would just bring the old BTG bar back but a well run version serving a good pint. Was a great asset for ST holders. It would be worth an additional annual fee but not as much as that.

I wouldn’t mind trying it but if it turned out to be not so good I would have given up my great seat in the East, so probably not worth the money or the risk.

Brightside
15-02-2024, 04:08 PM
All great news for the club.

hibee
15-02-2024, 04:15 PM
I’m currently in row J, section 17, which will become the last row of seating before it turns to standing. My son wants to be near the ultras and I can stand up knowing there’s nobody sitting behind me to worry about, while I can also get a seat if I get tired. Don’t think it could have worked out any better for me.

Unless the safe standing is full and they decide the rows in front now belong to them like at away games [emoji3]

hibee
15-02-2024, 04:16 PM
I'd say so.

Unlimited food and drink that you pay for!

Brightside
15-02-2024, 04:16 PM
I'd say so.

:greengrin:greengrin. Its a pay bar. Could you imagine if it was an open bar!

Green Man
15-02-2024, 04:17 PM
Unless the safe standing is full and they decide the rows in front now belong to them like at away games [emoji3]

I used to find folk in my spot in the old East all the time, I’ll just shove them aside like I did then :greengrin

Stairway 2 7
15-02-2024, 04:18 PM
:greengrin:greengrin. Its a pay bar. Could you imagine if it was an open bar!

Not at 40 quid a game, would be some loss per head by the end of the season

Brightside
15-02-2024, 04:19 PM
Not at 40 quid a game, would be some loss per head by the end of the season

and nobody would make the game!

Be prepared for the prices btw. its currently £5.95 for T in the Albion, and £6.95 for I&G!

Nakedmanoncrack
15-02-2024, 04:24 PM
Can anyone remember what we paid for adult & U18 in the FF Lower this season?

Billy Whizz
and nobody would make the game!

Be prepared for the prices btw. its currently £5.95 for T in the Albion, and £6.95 for I&G!

Is the Albion Bar membership adults only?

Bridge hibs
I'd say so.

Of course, bring a couple of jam jars and get in for nowt too 😆

Brightside
15-02-2024, 04:27 PM
Is the Albion Bar membership adults only?

Kids are allowed but its same price.

Ringothedog
Can anyone remember what we paid for adult & U18 in the FF Lower this season?

£395/£140

Hibbyradge
I'd say so.

:tee hee:

Stick
As an oap I paid £280 for my seat in the ff exec, section 50. I can’t see any mention of an oap discount. No way I can afford £800, even if I could I don’t see the value. Drive so can’t drink, food not bothered, a seats nice but not at that price. Quite happy to pay a reasonable price increase but an extra £520?
Having followed Hibs for nearly 60 years and paid a lot of money to the club, I think a wee discount wouldn’t be asking too much.
(Without over egging my position, having certain medical conditions mean that the padded seat is a godsend, and a lot off older fans are probably in a similar position).

Hibbyradge
15-02-2024, 04:28 PM
As an oap I paid £280 for my seat in the ff exec, section 50. I can’t see any mention of an oap discount. No way I can afford £800, even if I could I don’t see the value. Drive so can’t drink, food not bothered, a seats nice but not at that price. Quite happy to pay a reasonable price increase but an extra £520?
Having followed Hibs for nearly 60 years and paid a lot of money to the club, I think a wee discount wouldn’t be asking too much.
(Without over egging my position, having certain medical conditions mean that the padded seat is a godsend, and a lot off older fans are probably in a similar position).

How much would you be happy to pay?

Glory Lurker
15-02-2024, 04:30 PM
I'm affected and want to move to section 38 but I don't know if all our group will be renewing. If, in order not to be left in sction 37 I choose seats for all my group just now in section 38, will I be committed to buying them all???

Stick
15-02-2024, 04:37 PM
How much would you be happy to pay?

Not sure yet, will have to have a think, pension only goes so far so something else will have to lose out. Also my better half would no doubt have some input.

Hibbyradge
15-02-2024, 04:45 PM
Not sure yet, will have to have a think, pension only goes so far so something else will have to lose out. Also my better half would no doubt have some input.

I'm just thinking, that if you're not interested in buying access to the bar, but want to continue with the padded seat, moving to the West might be an option.

It'll probably cost more than your seat in the FF, but it shouldn't be too steep. Assuming that they sell those seats at OAP prices too.

Broxburn Greens
15-02-2024, 04:45 PM
mind your language :wink:

I’ll be honest, it’s never stopped me [emoji15]

Hibeesdaft16
15-02-2024, 04:48 PM
All very positive. Hopefully makes the club a lot of money and creates a better atmosphere in the ground too.

Hibs90
15-02-2024, 04:51 PM

Block 17

Row F, seats 50 to 52,
Row G, seats 54 to 56,
Row H, seats 54 to 56

Block 19

Row F, seats 89 to 91,
Row G, seats 85 to 87,
Row H, seats 85 to 87

How will this all affect capacity? What will the official capacity be after the changes?

RIP
15-02-2024, 04:57 PM
Not everyone who enjoys standing at football matches is a bam.

The East Standing Section has anywhere between 600 and 1,000 Hibbies who stand every game. We can't all be bams surely? :hyper

If you want to remain sat just move along a bit. Just not anywhere near the top of Sections 42 to 44 as everybody stands there. :greengrin

Montford
15-02-2024, 04:59 PM

Thought it was an error at first
Surely you’d safe stand the lower sections as
1) Standing pitchside has great appeal, and because you’re standing the view is enhanced
2) would look much better on TV and ergo raise the profile of the club home and abroad (social media pics etc) All you’re going to see now is 4 empty sections next to the middle. Corner kicks with rows of empty seats
3) Football stadiums since day 1 were always .standing front, seating back. That’s why we had Enclosures
4) With a standing cohort behind your seats you’re going to feel pretty anxious about what’s going on behind you (or even launched over you)
5) Just safe stand the whole lower section, what is it 2,000 spaces? Even with 1200-1500 it would still give the impression of a full raucous bouncing end.

Didn’t think it would be possible but we’ve ‘Hibsit’ our Safe Standing

Always f****** half measures

Chorley Hibee
15-02-2024, 05:00 PM
How will this all affect capacity? What will the official capacity be after the changes?

Think we'll be down circa 150-200 seats in all.

Montford
15-02-2024, 05:00 PM
You’d have a seat regardless
Safe standing comes with rail seats

overdrive
15-02-2024, 05:06 PM

I’m probably wrong but I didn’t think that’s how it works. I thought the seat part of the safe standing rails would only be in use when standing isn’t allowed, e.g. in some European games.

Stairway 2 7
15-02-2024, 05:11 PM
1) Standing pitchside has great appeal, and because you’re standing the view is enhanced
2) would look much better on TV and ergo raise the profile of the club home and abroad (social media pics etc) All you’re going to see now is 4 empty sections next to the middle. Corner kicks with rows of empty seats
3) Football stadiums since day 1 were always .standing front, seating back. That’s why we had Enclosures
4) With a standing cohort behind your seats you’re going to feel pretty anxious about what’s going on behind you (or even launched over you)
5) Just safe stand the whole lower section, what is it 2,000 spaces? Even with 1200-1500 it would still give the impression of a full raucous bouncing end.

We've put in the amount of safe standing for who expressed interest, if full you'd presume they will increase the year after. I think the front sections could be busy from people who want to be near but in the area. I think I might move there I'll be getting a season for my 5yo so wouldn't want to be standing but she loves the noise so can be close and get a seat. Hibsd it died with a David Gray header making us the last club in Edina to win a trophy

Stairway 2 7
15-02-2024, 05:12 PM
I’m probably wrong but I didn’t think that’s how it works. I thought the seat part of the safe standing rails would only be in use when standing isn’t allowed, e.g. in some European games.

Yup

Jones28
15-02-2024, 05:14 PM

They’re locked up unless it’s a European game.

overdrive
15-02-2024, 05:30 PM
So me and my dad have two completely different interpretations of the priority window for those affected. To be clear we aren’t affected.

When it says those affected have the priority window to change to “any available seat in the stadium”, I’ve taken that to mean any available seat that doesn’t have a ST against it currently and if any ST isn’t renewed or someone has moved, then those seats then become available during the second priority window.

My dad has taken it to mean that if anyone affected wanted our seat instead, we’d get turfed out. I’m right aren’t I?

Also, with the new BTG and section 50 will the lift be for their exclusive use? We're in section 25 and my dad uses the lift. It has been “broken” the last couple of games and this has made me suspicious as it was mysteriously broken when they moved the singing section to section 25.

Montford
15-02-2024, 05:30 PM
We've put in the amount of safe standing for who expressed interest, if full you'd presume they will increase the year after. I think the front sections could be busy from people who want to be near but in the area. I think I might move there I'll be getting a season for my 5yo so wouldn't want to be standing but she loves the noise so can be close and get a seat. Hibsd it died with a David Gray header making us the last club in Edina to win a trophy

Would you not rather be seated behind the safe standing ?
There’s only about 200 seats taken in the bottom section for each game
This is where the safe standing should be
Look at Celtic Park. Everyone migrates to the front rows of the safe standing

FastEddieFelson
15-02-2024, 05:31 PM

Block 17

Row F, seats 50 to 52,
Row G, seats 54 to 56,
Row H, seats 54 to 56

Block 19

Row F, seats 89 to 91,
Row G, seats 85 to 87,
Row H, seats 85 to 87

Why haven't we made the whole of the lower section safe standing?

With the setup as it is, sections 16, 17, 19 & 20 will be as empty as they've always been.

Chipper1875
15-02-2024, 05:32 PM

Feels odd . Suprised Jsut didn’t make it all safe standing

overdrive
15-02-2024, 05:32 PM
Would you not rather be seated behind the safe standing ?
There’s only about 200 seats taken in the bottom section for each game
This is where the safe standing should be
Look at Celtic Park. Everyone migrates to the front rows of the safe standing

You wouldn’t see if there was seating behind the safe standing.

Chipper1875
15-02-2024, 05:34 PM

Block 17

Row F, seats 50 to 52,
Row G, seats 54 to 56,
Row H, seats 54 to 56

Block 19

Row F, seats 89 to 91,
Row G, seats 85 to 87,
Row H, seats 85 to 87

Thanks for this . All
blocks will be impacted. I’d be surprised if taking a couple of seats out a row , will me a clear site line . Out of interest what was the thinking in designing it this way

hibee
15-02-2024, 05:35 PM
My dad has taken it to mean that if anyone affected wanted our seat instead, we’d get turfed out. I’m right aren’t I?

You will be right, that’s a ridiculous idea that they wouldn’t get away with [emoji3]

Keith_M
15-02-2024, 05:42 PM
Just a question about those that currently have STs in section 37 and 38.

Does this mean they're being asked to move*, to make way for the new Family Section?

If not, then is there currently enough empty seats in those two sections for everybody that needs to move out of the FF Lower?

Cheers.

* Asking this on behalf of two current ST holders in section 38

Broxburn Greens
15-02-2024, 05:42 PM
So me and my dad have two completely different interpretations of the priority window for those affected. To be clear we aren’t affected.

When it says those affected have the priority window to change to “any available seat in the stadium”, I’ve taken that to mean any available seat that doesn’t have a ST against it currently and if any ST isn’t renewed or someone has moved, then those seats then become available during the second priority window.

Also, with the new BTG and section 50 will the lift be for their exclusive use? We're in section 25 and my dad uses the lift. It has been “broken” the last couple of games and this has made me suspicious as it was mysteriously broken when they moved the singing section to section 25.

You are correct is my interpretation.

I do think once folk start moving their seats into other areas for 24/25 as I’ve done then your current seat within the safe standing will be released for someone to buy.

Broxburn Greens
15-02-2024, 05:45 PM

Agree with all of this except the use of the term Hibsd it [emoji2357].

Stick
15-02-2024, 06:38 PM
I'm just thinking, that if you're not interested in buying access to the bar, but want to continue with the padded seat, moving to the West might be an option.

It'll probably cost more than your seat in the FF, but it shouldn't be too steep. Assuming that they sell those seats at OAP prices too.

Thanks, I’ll look into that

Glory Lurker
15-02-2024, 06:47 PM
Just a question about those that currently have STs in section 37 and 38.

Does this mean they're being asked to move*, to make way for the new Family Section?

If not, then is there currently enough empty seats in those two sections for everybody that needs to move out of the FF Lower?

Cheers.

* Asking this on behalf of two current ST holders in section 38

If all current STs in 37 and 38 aren't moved out then I'm not sure how Hibs can say it's a family zone.

RIP
15-02-2024, 06:48 PM

You've got that all half cock mate.

The club know what the potential demand is going to be, right?

They want it fairly busy, yes?

Through their consultation they also know of fans who want to be part of the atmosphere but don't want a 'full Ultra' experience.

So for this, the first season they have gone for a 'Half and Half' approach.

Thinking ahead, either:-

As demand increases they install more sections of rail seating or

Demand stays the same so we don't end up with a large rail section half empty.

Makes complete sense to me.

Oh and take yer Jambo meme and stuff it!

joe breezy
15-02-2024, 06:51 PM
I am well paid so i can afford the £800 per ticket but they are asking for payment details by the end of March and there's no way I can pay that soon

it's an unexpected bill at atime when I've just been away and am away to NYC in March - I will have zero spare cash at that time - I am **** with money and just spend it all

So I'm hoping they can hold on a while till they are expecting £1600

I think they should do an OAP package tbh in those seats

I got those seats because my Dad is 73 and he gets a sore bum on the normal seats (he has polymyalgia)

CapitalGreen
15-02-2024, 06:56 PM
I am well paid so i can afford the £800 per ticket but they are asking for payment details by the end of March and there's no way I can pay that soon

it's an unexpected bill at atime when I've just been away and am away to NYC in March - I will have zero spare cash at that time - I am **** with money and just spend it all

So I'm hoping the can hold on a while till they are expecting £1600

I got those seats because my Dad is 73 and he gets a sore bum on the normal seats

Could you put it on a credit card with a 0% interest free period for purchases? Then pay it off over the period or once you get your next wage.

joe breezy
15-02-2024, 06:58 PM
Could you put it on a credit card with a 0% interest free period for purchases? Then pay it off over the period or once you get your next wage.

Bad credit rating - had a gambling problem for years - I was expecting to renew in the summer

Fingers crossed there may be some kind of way of doing a part payment or something

Keith_M
15-02-2024, 07:00 PM
If all current STs in 37 and 38 aren't moved out then I'm not sure how Hibs can say it's a family zone.

I did wonder about that, hence the question.

Glory Lurker
15-02-2024, 07:02 PM
I did wonder about that, hence the question.

Yes, sorry. I should have added that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's all just going to get made up as they go along.

Chipper1875
15-02-2024, 07:04 PM

I got those seats because my Dad is 73 and he gets a sore bum on the normal seats (he has polymyalgia)

I’d be surprised if it sells out to season ticket holders. Hibs have said they will
offer individual match packages. So hopefully there will be a longer period for season ticket holders to purchase seats

Stairway 2 7
15-02-2024, 07:04 PM
Bad credit rating - had a gambling problem for years - I was expecting to renew in the summer

Fingers crossed there may be some kind of way of doing a part payment or something

Give them an email mate they are usually very helpful

joe breezy
15-02-2024, 07:05 PM
I’d be surprised if it sells out to season ticket holders. Hibs have said they will
offer individual match packages. So hopefully there will be a longer period for season ticket holders to purchase seats

Fingers crossed - thanks

joe breezy
15-02-2024, 07:06 PM
Give them an email mate they are usually very helpful

Will do, thank you

CapitalGreen
15-02-2024, 07:09 PM

90% of the home end at Easter Road has essentially been a family zone for over a decade. Been a long time since there was any real no-go areas for families at Easter Road as reflected by the amount of kids who sit in all sections of the ground. In reality, the family zone is just a family pricing zone.

Keith_M
15-02-2024, 07:10 PM
Yes, sorry. I should have added that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's all just going to get made up as they go along.

No problem mate, I'm as curious as you are.

:aok:

Hibernian Verse
15-02-2024, 07:20 PM
I reckon it’ll sell out so the club will be quids in

It would be nice for them to bring something out that your average ST holder can afford/gain access to, especially with a family. Where am I going to take the wee man when he’s older so he can tie a scarf up and use it as a baw

I’m not a ST holder so it doesn’t really effect me either way

That’s just brought back lovely memories of Maud, RIP.

Wonder if we played together back in the Smokey old Hibs Club. I’m a 92 baby so every chance.

Stuart93
15-02-2024, 07:21 PM
That’s just brought back lovely memories of Maud, RIP.

Wonder if we played together back in the Smokey old Hibs Club. I’m a 92 baby so every chance.

Good old Maud shaking her bucket in everyone’s face.

Aye there’s a good chance. The good ol days😂

Glory Lurker
15-02-2024, 07:29 PM
90% of the home end at Easter Road has essentially been a family zone for over a decade. Been a long time since there was any real no-go areas for families at Easter Road as reflected by the amount of kids who sit in all sections of the ground. In reality, the family zone is just a family pricing zone.

So, if there's folk in section 37 or 38 who haven't moved and turn out to be bams, I could get them kicked out/banned if they upset my group?

Hibernian Verse
15-02-2024, 07:32 PM

Aye there’s a good chance. The good ol days😂

Shaking the bucket and screaming at us for smashing the scarves into peoples pints!

RIP
15-02-2024, 07:36 PM

I've paid monthly direct debit for years JB. Much easier.

joe breezy
15-02-2024, 07:37 PM
Looks like there is a direct debit option for tickets, which is direct with club rather a credit reference type thing so I'll be okay with that
Got an email back from ticket office pronto - working out of hours

joe breezy
15-02-2024, 07:38 PM
I've paid monthly direct debit for years JB. Much easier.

Yeah I doidn't realise that - that's a relief

RMQ1967
15-02-2024, 07:40 PM

I sit in Section 50 currently and myself & a few around me think these seats are the best in the stadium, both for the view (fantastic perspective) & the comfort (bumspace & legroom is enormous & they have armrests).

I knew there would be a hike and for me, the price is just about right for the offering. Any higher and I'd have a big decision.

Didn't expect suite to seat & halftime access so both a major bonus - great to get inside for a pie & coffee.

I'll be taking it on for the first season anyway & see if it seems good value.
Can understand that it becomes enormously steep for those paying for 2 or 3 family members. The guy that sits next to me is very unimpressed with the pricing as he has a dependant.

Hope it's a great success and will be interesting to see how many take it on.

Biffa Bacon
15-02-2024, 07:43 PM
So am I correct in saying there is no longer reduced pricing for kids in the new family zone (sections 37/38)? It's just bronze, silver and gold pricing like everywhere else in the stadium?

CapitalGreen
15-02-2024, 07:45 PM
So, if there's folk in section 37 or 38 who haven't moved and turn out to be bams, I could get them kicked out/banned if they upset my group?

The rules on inappropriate and offensive behaviour are the same regardless of what section you are in. If you feel someone is breaching the T&Cs of their ticket, it’s your prerogative if you wish to request the club investigate and take action.

Irish_Steve
15-02-2024, 07:51 PM
My son and I are in Section 50 and as others have said, it offers a great view down the pitch, we are currently in line with both penalty spots.

However, there is no way we can afford that and half the time my son can't make games because of his shifts and I'm teetotal.

I presume we will be moving!

CapitalGreen
15-02-2024, 07:51 PM
So am I correct in saying there is no longer reduced pricing for kids in the new family zone (sections 37/38)? It's just bronze, silver and gold pricing like everywhere else in the stadium?

Yes but Bronze prices for children have been reduced to match last years prices in the FFL. With adult prices being cheaper in bronze than they were in the FFL, it will be cheaper for the average family to attend in the family section next season than it was this season.

PHeffernan
15-02-2024, 07:59 PM

Bronze section is the same price for kids as the old family section pricing.
More expensive if you choose to put your kid in the silver or gold sections, again no change.
IMO the seats high in the bronze areas have a far better view of the whole pitch than the old family zone in the FFL.

Irish_Steve
15-02-2024, 08:12 PM
well, that's us moved using the "I want to move here" feature.

I was a bit confused in that it wanted £0 on my credit card.

However, I received an email saying that the ticket office will be in contact with the new prices.

There didn't appear too many free seats kinda near to where we used to sit and during boring games, I will look mournfully at my nice padded seat. I may need to take a cushion instead lol

PHeffernan
15-02-2024, 08:35 PM

Just bring a cushion with you.
Cost - Free
and you can get a better seat for your £280 in the East or possibly in the West (as the whole middle section is hospitality seating).

joe breezy
15-02-2024, 09:50 PM
I tried to buy my existing seat and it said seat no longer available
Have reported it to the club - see what happens
It only gave me the option to buy one seat and I have two

Glory Lurker
15-02-2024, 09:52 PM
The rules on inappropriate and offensive behaviour are the same regardless of what section you are in. If you feel someone is breaching the T&Cs of their ticket, it’s your prerogative if you wish to request the club investigate and take action.

Yes but less likely to happen in the first place in current FFL. The club can't call the replacement a family area if it's not like for like. And will there be enough seats if current STs aren't cleared out?

I don't know the answer to that but I'm not organising the move.

Irish_Steve
15-02-2024, 10:04 PM
I tried to buy my existing seat and it said seat no longer available
Have reported it to the club - see what happens
It only gave me the option to buy one seat and I have two

I bought two, you just need to re-assign the other one to whomever sits there

PHeffernan
16-02-2024, 01:29 AM
Yes but less likely to happen in the first place in current FFL. The club can't call the replacement a family area if it's not like for like. And will there be enough seats if current STs aren't cleared out?

Why not, they quite literally did today when they stated
"the Famous Five Stand will see the return and revamp of the ‘Behind The Goals’ matchday sports bar on the second floor"

The former 'Behind The Goals' was a season ticket holders bar with no admission cost.
The new offering has the same name but is a hospitality offering where admission is £300 a season.

The owners will do what they want and supporters will choose to buy the offerings or reject them.
They will have the 'family area' numbers all worked out.

FWIW I sat in the FFL Family area with my kids and moved to the East when they were older.
There was no discernable difference in the behaviour of supporters between the stands and I would have been happy to have had my kids sitting in the East Stand.
Any concerns you may have with the East Stand will be further diluted when all the remaining daft laddies leave for the safe standing area in the summer.

Football grounds are tame places in the all seated era and other changes like more women at games have further improved mens behaviour and language. As such Family Areas could become a thing from footballs past.

CapitalGreen
16-02-2024, 07:40 AM

How do you know this having never sat there since it’s become the family zone? You don’t seem to have a very high opinion of your fellow fans if you think the rest of the stadium is full of bams.

joe breezy
16-02-2024, 07:50 AM
I bought two, you just need to re-assign the other one to whomever sits there

Thanks - it just gives me the option to renew one - but I have regiateeed with the club I want to keep my two so sure all will be cool

.Sean.
16-02-2024, 08:15 AM
I think it’s going to look really naff having a few blocks of normal seats in front of the rail seats. Why not just do the whole section

CapitalGreen
16-02-2024, 08:45 AM
I think it’s going to look really naff having a few blocks of normal seats in front of the rail seats. Why not just do the whole section

Because the demand isn’t there for a full section of standing (yet). Presumably, if demand starts to exceed what we have we can add extra rows in the future.

Renfrew_Hibby
16-02-2024, 09:02 AM
Because the demand isn’t there for a full section of standing (yet). Presumably, if demand starts to exceed what we have we can add extra rows in the future.

Exactly. If the standing areas were to constantly sell out then of course going forward we can expand the area.

My only gripe is the configuration of the new area. 60% of the FF lower is now safe standing. Should have just made it 3 full blocks instead.

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Exactly. If the standing areas were to constantly sell out then of course going forward we can expand the area.

My only gripe is the configuration of the new area. 60% of the FF lower is now safe standing. Should have just made it 3 full blocks instead.

What sections would work that wouldn’t end up blocking the view of folk sitting in the other areas?

CapitalGreen
16-02-2024, 09:11 AM

Wouldn’t work as the end seated sections would have their sight lines blocked.

Chipper1875
16-02-2024, 09:14 AM
What sections would work that wouldn’t end up blocking the view of folk sitting in the other areas?

Correct . Also , having the central section fully safe standing will create this issue

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2024, 09:16 AM
Correct . Also , having the central section fully safe standing will create this issue

I believe some seats are being taken away from the adjoining sections which should negate/minimise this issue

Chipper1875
16-02-2024, 09:18 AM
I believe some seats are being taken away from the adjoining sections which should negate/minimise this issue

Yeah , not convinced it will. It’s taking couple of seats out of a row

MelbourneHibees
16-02-2024, 09:26 AM
You've got that all half cock mate.

The club know what the potential demand is going to be, right?

They want it fairly busy, yes?

Through their consultation they also know of fans who want to be part of the atmosphere but don't want a 'full Ultra' experience.

So for this, the first season they have gone for a 'Half and Half' approach.

Thinking ahead, either:-

As demand increases they install more sections of rail seating or

Demand stays the same so we don't end up with a large rail section half empty.

Makes complete sense to me.

Oh and take yer Jambo meme and stuff it!

The safe standing areas still have seats though so doing the whole lower tier would still work even if not popular. You can still sit.

Spike Mandela
16-02-2024, 09:27 AM
Unless we have a massive upturn in attendance, the popularity of safe standing will have people relocating from seated areas and make the rest of the stadium look a bit empty won’t it?

nonshinyfinish
16-02-2024, 09:31 AM
The safe standing areas still have seats though so doing the whole lower tier would still work even if not popular. You can still sit.

Obviously don't know exactly what ours will look like, but I think the norm for rail seating is that the seat part is locked closed for games where the section's being used for standing, and only unlocked for games where seats are required (European games).

MelbourneHibees
16-02-2024, 09:31 AM
I understand why the safestanding is going to be where it is. But is everyone in agreement that the bottom section behind the goals is the worst place to watch a game of football?

Hibbyradge
16-02-2024, 09:37 AM
Thanks - it just gives me the option to renew one - but I have regiateeed with the club I want to keep my two so sure all will be cool

There's nothing better than a spot of regiateeeding.

Ringothedog
16-02-2024, 09:39 AM
Unless we have a massive upturn in attendance, the popularity of safe standing will have people relocating from seated areas and make the rest of the stadium look a bit empty won’t it?

There will be people moving from the FF which should potentially fill those seats

Hibbyradge
16-02-2024, 09:44 AM

Possibly something to do with keeping folk from running on to the pitch?

CapitalGreen
16-02-2024, 09:46 AM
Possibly something to do with keeping folk from running on to the pitch?

I don’t think so.

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2024, 09:46 AM
Obviously don't know exactly what ours will look like, but I think the norm for rail seating is that the seat part is locked closed for games where the section's being used for standing, and only unlocked for games where seats are required (European games).

According to KP on Twitter:

“They will be similar to ones we’ve trialled in the East Stand for the last 5 years (not metal seat, won’t be locked and can be used to sit at standing height)”

He posted a pic of the ones in the East as well which I didn’t even know existed

Bristolhibby
16-02-2024, 09:47 AM

I thought the seat is there, just everyone will be standing. Everyone in the safe standing will have a “seat” on their Season Ticket as the club have to control access to the safe standing area.

J

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2024, 09:47 AM
The queues for the cubicles in the FFL will be even longer on match day now......

CapitalGreen
16-02-2024, 09:48 AM
The queues for the cubicles in the FFL will be even longer on match day now......

Why?

Hibbyradge

Just take a small mirror with you...

nonshinyfinish
According to KP on Twitter:

“They will be similar to ones we’ve trialled in the East Stand for the last 5 years (not metal seat, won’t be locked and can be used to sit at standing height)”

He posted a pic of the ones in the East as well which I didn’t even know existed

Interesting.

"Can be used to sit at standing height" – more like a bar stool?

Bristolhibby

Suppose the Northern part of the East stand will empty with the singing section moving to the safe standing section.

J

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2024, 09:49 AM
Interesting.

"Can be used to sit at standing height" – more like a bar stool?

Aye pretty much. Not sure this link will work but worth a try:

https://x.com/kieranpowerhibs/status/1758398480504979538?s=46&t=8S1ZYRh9AWmZHD2iAGtEBA

nonshinyfinish
16-02-2024, 09:51 AM
Aye pretty much. Not sure this link will work but worth a try:

https://x.com/kieranpowerhibs/status/1758398480504979538?s=46&t=8S1ZYRh9AWmZHD2iAGtEBA

Thanks. Likewise had no idea we'd already trialled these.

Vault Boy
16-02-2024, 09:52 AM
I wonder how/if the official ER capacity will change

MelbourneHibees
16-02-2024, 09:55 AM
I wonder how/if the official ER capacity will change

It won't. Unless they are literally removing seats from the stand to help sightlines. But surely you'd just keep them there and not sell them. Safe Standing needs to be 1:1.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2024, 09:57 AM
Why?

For those that like imports of the Columbian variety

CapitalGreen
16-02-2024, 09:59 AM
It won't. Unless they are literally removing seats from the stand to help sightlines. But surely you'd just keep them there and not sell them. Safe Standing needs to be 1:1.

Club have confirmed seats are being removed.

CapitalGreen
16-02-2024, 10:00 AM
For those that like imports of the Columbian variety

Ah yes because anyone who enjoys standing at games must be a drug user.

nonshinyfinish
16-02-2024, 10:01 AM
If the seats are removed rather than just being left unsold, capacity would be reduced by 46 based on this page: https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/seasontickets/2024-25/famous-five-lower

BoomtownHibees
16-02-2024, 10:01 AM

Capacity will be reduced

Brightside
16-02-2024, 10:08 AM
Not sure why anyone is worried about capacity.

MelbourneHibees
16-02-2024, 10:10 AM
Not sure why anyone is worried about capacity.

Is anyone worried?

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2024, 10:13 AM
Ah yes because anyone who enjoys standing at games must be a drug user.

You don't think there will be any taking drugs? It's been widely reported on here for years that consumption goes on within the toilets of the ground

There will be an element of people that will be standing that like their drugs. There is already a steady consumption of drugs in the toilets. Logically, you would think that the standing section will bring an increase in that. That is of course all those in attendance are alter boys

Two or three young men going into a cubicle at a time are likely taking drugs or cottaging

MelbourneHibees
16-02-2024, 10:15 AM
You don't think there will be any taking drugs? It's been widely reported on here for years that consumption goes on within the toilets of the ground

There will be an element of people that will be standing that like their drugs. There is already a steady consumption of drugs in the toilets. Logically, you would think that the standing section will bring an increase in that. That is of course all those in attendance are alter boys

Why would it increase as opposed to shifting from one stand to the next? Are Hibs tapping into a niche market of attracting new fans that like the white stuff whilst standing at sporting events?

RIP
16-02-2024, 10:41 AM

Couldn't get into the bogs at Forfar for snorters. When they finally came out (in pairs) they were in nae condition to watch the fitba.

We will still have 600-1000 in the East Standing Section next season. It's really only a habit carried out by a small minority.

.Sean.
16-02-2024, 10:46 AM
Even if that was the case I doubt it would be noticeable, it’s about 1500 seats in the Famous 5, the West and East are a combined what 13000?

.Sean.
16-02-2024, 10:49 AM
Couldn't get into the bogs at Forfar for snorters. When they finally came out (in pairs) they were in nae condition to watch the fitba.

We will still have 600-1000 (tel:600-1000) in the East Standing Section next season. It's really only a habit carried out by a small minority.
I cannot wait to get the indecipherable garbage Block 7 sing amongst themselves out the East and have the East again resembling a bit of what it used to be like before the forced atmosphere nonsense

Hibbyradge
16-02-2024, 10:50 AM
Why would it increase as opposed to shifting from one stand to the next?

Presumably he means it would increase in the FF for that exact reason.

Bristolhibby
16-02-2024, 10:57 AM
Is anyone worried?

Hearts are. They’ll be salivating at closing the gap on us.

wookie70
16-02-2024, 11:20 AM

I think the FFL will have less bodies in it next season than in the last few. The bit in the middle may be busy but that will be about that. Hopefully, the east will start to have an atmosphere again

Brightside
16-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Is anyone worried?

Seems to have been mentioned by people. Just not sure what difference that makes. We don’t sell out the ground.

overdrive
16-02-2024, 12:06 PM
If the seats are removed rather than just being left unsold, capacity would be reduced by 46 based on this page: https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/seasontickets/2024-25/famous-five-lower

It’s more than that. Think you are only looking at the FF Lower and even then counting the section 20 bit as one row when it’s three rows. There’s also seats going in the East but I don’t think you can work out the impact there as those will be replaced by a wheelchair section so there will be some level of replacement of those seats in terms of wheelchair spaces and carer seats

Glory Lurker
16-02-2024, 12:16 PM
How do you know this having never sat there since it’s become the family zone? You don’t seem to have a very high opinion of your fellow fans if you think the rest of the stadium is full of bams.

You're reading what you want to read, chief. Look again at what I said.

Stick
16-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Just bring a cushion with you.
Cost - Free
and you can get a better seat for your £280 in the East or possibly in the West (as the whole middle section is hospitality seating).

A cushion, not really comparable, smaller seat, hard back, no armrest, important things with certain health problems.
As far as I can see, there is nothing available in the middle section of the west, even if there was it’s not any cheaper.
Had confirmation from the ticket office, definitely no oap discount.
Och well, onwards and upwards, progress waits for no man, you never know I might win the lottery tonight.

nonshinyfinish
16-02-2024, 12:19 PM
It’s more than that. Think you are only looking at the FF Lower and even then counting the section 20 bit as one row when it’s three rows.
There’s also seats going in the East but I don’t think you can work out the impact there as those will be replaced by a wheelchair section so there will be some level of replacement of those seats in terms of wheelchair spaces and carer seats

You're right – I realised it was three rows, but I read it as 113 to 120 rather than 140. (And I ended up doing 18 + 24 = 46 as well, so maybe I should leave this to other people.)

With slightly more careful reading and arithmetic, I think the number of removed seats in the FF lower is 102.

Bridge hibs
16-02-2024, 12:21 PM

Two or three young men going into a cubicle at a time are likely taking drugs or cottagingHibs just need to employ a willie watcher to hang about the bogs and remove the doors from the **** hooses too, Im sure a few jambos would be queuing up for that post

leith lynx
16-02-2024, 12:25 PM

Two or three young men going into a cubicle at a time are likely taking drugs or cottaging

Cottaging at Easter Road, I've heard it all now!

Keith_M
16-02-2024, 01:53 PM

I was wondering why they didn't just keep two sections seated, e.g. 16 and 17, and the other three sections standing.

Surely that would have amounted to the same numbers (standing and seating) but not looked so strange?

:dunno:

Stick
16-02-2024, 02:23 PM

Had confirmation that the lift will still be available for all sections in the upper ff, for us old crumblies that can’t manage the stairs.

overdrive
16-02-2024, 02:44 PM
Had confirmation that the lift will still be available for all sections in the upper ff, for us old crumblies that can’t manage the stairs.

Brilliant. Thanks for the update.

Since90+2
16-02-2024, 03:29 PM
I've not read the whole thread so this might have been covered, but instead of leaving seats at the front as seating, and likely to sit empty a lot weeks, why didn't they simply do the whole of 2 sections closest to the East?

RIP
16-02-2024, 03:34 PM
Also had confirmation from Garry and Kieran that no changes are planned to the Standing Section in the East.

The staff in the Ticket office already advise those buying tickets at the top half of Sections 42 to 45 that everyone stands there.

On the off chance that folk buy season tickets in there by mistake, the club usually move swiftly find them alternative seating.

So no change for the up to 1000 Hibbys that will be standing there next season. Just need a few more song starters to pipe up. :hibees:flag:

Bridge hibs
16-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Also had confirmation from Garry and Kieran that no changes are planned to the Standing Section in the East.

The staff in the Ticket office already advise those buying tickets at the top half of Sections 42 to 45 that everyone stands there.

On the off chance that folk buy season tickets in there by mistake, the club usually move swiftly find them alternative seating.

So no change for the up to 1000 Hibbys that will be standing there next season. Just need a few more song starters to pipe up. :hibees:flag:

And a drum 🫣

Since452
16-02-2024, 04:10 PM

Come on, the pies aren't that bad.

PHeffernan
16-02-2024, 04:31 PM
A cushion, not really comparable, smaller seat, hard back, no armrest, important things with certain health problems.
As far as I can see, there is nothing available in the middle section of the west, even if there was it’s not any cheaper.
Had confirmation from the ticket office, definitely no oap discount.
Och well, onwards and upwards, progress waits for no man, you never know I might win the lottery tonight.

Lots of leg room in the East is helpful for mobility issues and another cushion could deal with the back issue but there is no armrest solution.
I hate to hear of supporters needing a bit of compromise to attend games due to health issues and not getting it. Obviously Hibs must get highland dancers trying it on but there should always be a compromise for those that really need it.
I do think if you speak to the club frankly about the health issues you have they would sort something out for you.
Gettin' on myself and beginning to fall to bits so could be in a similar situation 10 years down the track and hate to think I couldn't keep going to Easter Road for the lack of a bit of compassion and consideration.
Hope you can get something sorted to enable you to keep attending.

bingo70
16-02-2024, 04:33 PM
When do tickets go on sale?

Garymcl
16-02-2024, 04:36 PM
A must say hats off to the club certainly off the park getting things done :top marksjust need to get a good team on the park for the new season :thumbsup:

joe breezy
16-02-2024, 04:46 PM
I finally got my tickets - there was a glitch with mine for some reason
I would have preferred the singing section to be where it was in the east near the away fan end
But I suppose the failure of the family section ie its empty half the time is the reason they’ve used that bit - it does look bad on the TV at the moment
I hope the quality of food and drink is going to improve in Behind The Goals but wont be surprised if it’s just one cheap watery lager (Carling type fare)
If paying £800 a season I hope they’ll at least get moretti / Amstel type lager and a Negroni would be good too

andrew70
16-02-2024, 05:40 PM
Big thanks must go to the Gordon family for their backing and spending their money in doing all these great changes to ER. Will look fantastic.

Chipper1875
16-02-2024, 05:44 PM
Big thanks must go to the Gordon family for their backing and spending their money in doing all these great changes to ER. Will look fantastic.

Are they funding it ? Is more loans? Is it Black knights ?

andrew70
16-02-2024, 05:46 PM

It was said somewhere, I can’t mind where I read it, that the Gordon’s were funding it all.

Let me check back and see if I can reference it.

ref: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-reveal-raft-easter-road-32134169

Chipper1875
16-02-2024, 05:53 PM
It was said somewhere, I can’t mind where I read it, that the Gordon’s were funding it all.

Let me check back and see if I can reference it.

ref: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-reveal-raft-easter-road-32134169

Thanks . Suspect be loans

Jones28
16-02-2024, 05:57 PM

Suspect you be supposing without any evidence.

Chipper1875
16-02-2024, 05:59 PM

Suspect lm
Not

Jones28
16-02-2024, 06:00 PM
Suspect lm
Not

Good on ya, the article says bankrolled by the Gordon family, so I’ll take that and thank them for it.

andrew70
16-02-2024, 06:01 PM

I personally don't think they are going to effectively write off the debt to then loan to us again.

They’ll maximise profit no doubt and make back the money they put in, surely?

Lago
16-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Suspect your hoping

Chipper1875
16-02-2024, 06:05 PM
Suspect your hoping

Suspect youre a bleather

Chipper1875
16-02-2024, 06:07 PM
Good on ya, the article says bankrolled by the Gordon family, so I’ll take that and thank them for it.

Daily record …. Huns players attacked by hibs fans … the bastion of quality journalism

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2024, 06:11 PM
I personally don't think they are going to effectively write off the debt to then loan to us again.

They’ll maximise profit no doubt and make back the money they put in, surely?

I think it's even less likely that they would write off over £5m, and then just give us more.

andrew70
16-02-2024, 06:19 PM
I think it's even less likely that they would write off over £5m, and then just give us more.

Fair comment.

Hibbyradge
16-02-2024, 06:28 PM

Does that really matter?

They're funding it one way or another. They're making it happen. That's worthy of praise, no?

How often have we seen people beating on about Petrie and Cos reluctance to "speculate to accumulate"? Well, one way or another, that's exactly what Hibs, via the Gordons, are doing.

Eyrie
16-02-2024, 06:51 PM

I don't see the problem with that since it means the cost of the improvements has no effect on the playing budget.

Irish_Steve
16-02-2024, 07:13 PM

I prefer Suspect Device - your song titles sound rubbish ;)

joe breezy
16-02-2024, 08:40 PM
Nobody is getting Hibs in debt the way the Glazers did with Man U are they?
We are lucky to be getting investment when some clubs struggle to survive

RMQ1967
16-02-2024, 08:57 PM
Daily record …. Huns players attacked by hibs fans … the bastion of quality journalism

Always comes across as you're quite cynical or even resent the improvements and investments that the Gordons have facilitated Chipper.

Interested to know why you're so anti-Gordon when there's been such massive & rapid off-field change under their stewardship.

Also, would your opinion change if we started to deliver big results on the pitch or would you still be anti-Gordon/Foley?

Brightside
17-02-2024, 08:38 AM
Suspect youre a bleather

Maybe you should pay for it then?

.Sean.
17-02-2024, 10:08 AM
I posted yesterday how I thought the mixture of rail seats and ‘normal’ seats might look daft in the FFL - I might have jumped the gun, I presume the ‘normal’ seats that will remain will be swapped for a rail seat but it’ll just be locked down, like the seats in the standing section will need to be when we play in Europe etc?

McD
17-02-2024, 10:15 AM
Suspect youre a bleather

:kettle:

CapitalGreen
17-02-2024, 11:10 AM
I posted yesterday how I thought the mixture of rail seats and ‘normal’ seats might look daft in the FFL - I might have jumped the gun, I presume the ‘normal’ seats that will remain will be swapped for a rail seat but it’ll just be locked down, like the seats in the standing section will need to be when we play in Europe etc?

Kieran has confirmed seats won’t be locked at any time.

joe breezy
17-02-2024, 12:15 PM
It’s going to be interesting anyway
It’s an experiment I guess and hopefully will be an experiment that happens while Hibs are making big improvements on the field

I’m very happy to have a pair of the executive seats in the back row
£800 is expensive and I think it’s a shame there’s no OAP deal

But other than that it seems not too bad as it’s £800 already for a similar deal in the west stand upper

.Sean.
17-02-2024, 12:20 PM
Kieran has confirmed seats won’t be locked at any time.
They’ll be locked if we play in Europe

CapitalGreen
17-02-2024, 12:49 PM
They’ll be locked if we play in Europe

No they won’t.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-02-2024, 02:00 PM

That's not a pleasant thought. 😳

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 04:37 PM
There is little to no options for working class fans now to enjoy a drink at the games at Easter Road like we used to. Behind the goals used to be brilliant, free to enter for season tickets, cheap beer and a good atmosphere.

Club is being torn away from the community and handed to the wealthy.

Makes it slightly more understandable if we were thumping teams every week but the product on the park doesn’t justify this.

Betty Boop
17-02-2024, 04:56 PM
There is little to no options for working class fans now to enjoy a drink at the games at Easter Road like we used to. Behind the goals used to be brilliant, free to enter for season tickets, cheap beer and a good atmosphere.

Makes it slightly more understandable if we were thumping teams every week but the product on the park doesn’t justify this.

Hear hear :top marks

THESHIP
17-02-2024, 05:04 PM

This 100%. Club has been turned into a commercial product in which we are only a number rather than a valued supporter.

While the profits this may bring are valuable, it rips away the family atmosphere that was once at Easter Road not too long ago circa Dempster.

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 05:07 PM
This 100%. Club has been turned into a commercial product in which we are only a number rather than a valued supporter.

While the profits this may bring are valuable, it rips away the family atmosphere that was once at Easter Road not too long ago circa Dempster.

Exactly this, what are you getting for your £800/£400?! A seat at a bar?!

Personally I’d rather spend the same amount, and get free entry into a local Leith/Community pub than fund some of the nonsense that’s going on at ER at the moment.

For me, these hospitality packages have become a token of prestige and something to show off, rather than something you can take your mates/family too and enjoy a game together

SickBoy32
17-02-2024, 05:34 PM

Franchise FC.

Soul has been ripped out the club under the Gordon regime piece by piece, and we’re now going cap in hand to (another) American financial speculator.

Spoiler alert - there won’t be a ‘war chest’ for the club to spend in the summer, we’ll be fed their unfancied youth players, with infrastructure investments to ensure a return on investment for the aforementioned financial speculators.

A bleak outlook for the club IMO , led by that clown Kensell.

Hopefully when we manage to get our club back (5-10 years) it doesn’t involve an insolvency event, however the latest accounts aren’t too encouraging on that front. These muppets are blitzing through the cash at a frightening pace as we continue our downward spiral.

Keith_M
17-02-2024, 05:39 PM
A I correct in saying that the club are basically asking for an extra £400 per season for the privilege to walk through the door into the Executive Lounge (no drink or food included)?

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 05:51 PM
A I correct in saying that the club are basically asking for an extra £400 per season for the privilege to walk through the door into the Executive Lounge (no drink or food included)?

You are correct. This was previously free for season ticket holders too.

I have contacted the club regarding my concerns in this area.

Jones28
17-02-2024, 05:56 PM
You are correct. This was previously free for season ticket holders too.

I have contacted the club regarding my concerns in this area.

Previously free, hence we were a commercial disaster.

People who want a drink before the football will do what they’ve always done and get a bevvy in one of the dozens of pubs within a 20 minute walk of ER. The way it’s been for 150 years.

Let’s not pretend this is some sort of power grab, ripping the soul out the club. Hospitality is being upgraded and needs paying for. Simple as that.

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 06:00 PM

People who want a drink before the football will do what they’ve always done and get a bevvy in one of the dozens of pubs within a 20 minute walk of ER. The way it’s been for 150 years.

Let’s not pretend this is some sort of power grab, ripping the soul out the club. Hospitality is being upgraded and needs paying for. Simple as that.

Nonsense. This used to be a benefit for season ticket holders. Now the only benefit you get from a season ticket is a discount on a pube trimmer.

BTG used to be brilliant and packed out frequently with everyone buying drinks. There’s absolutely no need for this to be priced as it is.

Previously a commercial disaster yet we’ve posted almost a £4m loss. Ben and co rubbing their hands at all this. Complete charlatan.

Jones28
17-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Nonsense. This used to be a benefit for season ticket holders. Now the only benefit you get from a season ticket is a discount on a pube trimmer.

BTG used to be brilliant and packed out frequently with everyone buying drinks. There’s absolutely no need for this to be priced as it is.

Previously a commercial disaster yet we’ve posted almost a £4m loss. Ben and co rubbing their hands at all this. Complete charlatan.

What have you been doing for a drink around Easter road for the last 10 or so years since behind the goals closed?

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 06:02 PM

Sorry I meant to also add, how can hearts offer this for free but we cannot?

Jones28
17-02-2024, 06:04 PM
Sorry I meant to also add, how can hearts offer this for free but we cannot?

Ask them. I don’t give a **** what they do.

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 06:05 PM
Ask them. I don’t give a **** what they do.

Nae bother chief.

They are running away with third after we laughed at them for years and now have a waiting list for season tickets.

I hate them, but they are doing okay at the moment.

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 06:06 PM
What have you been doing for a drink around Easter road for the last 10 or so years since behind the goals closed?

Going to local pubs, but previously I’d have been keen to give Hibs the money as in (money for pints etc)

Surely you get my point here?

Jones28
17-02-2024, 06:09 PM
Nae bother chief.

They are running away with third after we laughed at them for years and now have a waiting list for season tickets.

I hate them, but they are doing okay at the moment.

Aye well good for you, you admire what our chums over the way are doing, what with being propped up with money from their pimp and millions in fans donations and come on here to have a moan about the club trying to increase revenue.

They’ve had £30 million in DONATIONS in the last 5 or so years, that would suggest to me they are being propped up on feee money. We are not and have to make it ourselves. Hence the BTG price, the hospitality prices etc.

Season tickets frozen this year, investment in the ground, safe standing etc, all good stuff no?

Swedish hibee
17-02-2024, 06:09 PM
I don't get the seating bit with the standing behind? So it is gonna be the families in front & the young boys with the drums behind them?

weecounty hibby
17-02-2024, 06:12 PM
Stand still and do what we have always done and we will watch hearts get even further ahead of us. We need to be doing different things commercially and I'm all for it as long as it's a success, and I'm sure it will be. I believe that the existing hospitality suites are all sold out and that was after loads of folk saying they wouldn't be.

Jones28
17-02-2024, 06:13 PM
Going to local pubs, but previously I’d have been keen to give Hibs the money as in (money for pints etc)

Surely you get my point here?

I don’t really, you’re battering the club and accusing it of being torn away from working people, when working people with season tickets had a fans bar for 10 years, it’s been gone for 10 years and now they’re some stink about it coming back but paid access.

Surely getting people to pay for access to the bar in which they’ll then be buying pints from us a good thing?

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 06:30 PM
I don’t really, you’re battering the club and accusing it of being torn away from working people, when working people with season tickets had a fans bar for 10 years, it’s been gone for 10 years and now they’re some stink about it coming back but paid access.

Surely getting people to pay for access to the bar in which they’ll then be buying pints from us a good thing?

I’ll reply to both your comments here, my fault for posting twice in quick succession.

Firstly I don’t argue the fact that if people pay for it, it’s good for the club, my original point was that it’s not affordable for the working class supporter as it previously was.

My point regarding hearts, while i understand they have funding from their foundation and the supporters or whatever it is, they have been able to both offer a valuable alternative for the fans while producing results on the park. In my opinion, and fair enough if you disagree, we have increased the prices of our hospitality packages and regressed on the park.

In terms of battering the club, I feel as a season ticket holder I am entitled to my opinion on the matter. I’m not sure the fact it’s 10 years ago etc really matters, it was just more a point of what is happening now.

Hibs are not really treating us as valued supporters at the moment, it’s more of treat you well depending on your value.

I don’t see how a club of Hibs stature cannot offer a free bar alternative for those already paying upwards of £400 for a season ticket.

Stairway 2 7
17-02-2024, 06:35 PM

Not asking, offering. The same was said when the prices for tornadoes was announced, who would pay that when you get nothing free just the use of a bar. The answer was loads would and a huge waiting list.

I was in behind the goals on both floors near the end of dempsters reign it was falling apart. I'd heard 200k to get it back up to usable which would never happen. The old way lost money, f that. Hopefully this is successful and it makes money and people enjoy it. I take the bairn so can go to one of the local boozers or get a hibs club membership like I have this year. We're fortunate we have loads of options close unlike lots of stadiums

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 06:40 PM
Not asking, offering. The same was said when the prices for tornadoes was announced, who would pay that when you get nothing free just the use of a bar. The answer was loads would and a huge waiting list.

I was in behind the goals on both floors near the end of dempsters reign it was falling apart. I'd heard 200k to get it back up to usable which would never happen. The old way lost money, f that. Hopefully this is successful and it makes money and people enjoy it. I take the bairn so can go to one of the local boozers or get a hibs club membership like I have this year. We're fortunate we have loads of options close unlike lots of stadiums

We are offering this and while there is a waiting list, it’s exploiting those that have the spare cash available to them, not those with families and the working class.

The average fan cannot afford these upgrades and while it may have been falling apart under Dempster, the atmosphere at Easter Road hasn’t been the same since she left.

Jones28
17-02-2024, 06:41 PM
I’ll reply to both your comments here, my fault for posting twice in quick succession.

Firstly I don’t argue the fact that if people pay for it, it’s good for the club, my original point was that it’s not affordable for the working class supporter as it previously was.

My point regarding hearts, while i understand they have funding from their foundation and the supporters or whatever it is, they have been able to both offer a valuable alternative for the fans while producing results on the park. In my opinion, and fair enough if you disagree, we have increased the prices of our hospitality packages and regressed on the park.

In terms of battering the club, I feel as a season ticket holder I am entitled to my opinion on the matter. I’m not sure the fact it’s 10 years ago etc really matters, it was just more a point of what is happening now.

Hibs are not really treating us as valued supporters at the moment, it’s more of treat you well depending on your value.

I don’t see how a club of Hibs stature cannot offer a free bar alternative for those already paying upwards of £400 for a season ticket.

We haven’t regressed on the park because of these things though. We have regressed on the park because our upper management are good commercially, but are ***** with the football side.

The prices have increased but the offering is way way better than what it was before.

I’d love it if we were to have a free bar for supporters to access, I’m not a season ticket holder though I have been in the past, and I’d like to think I’d be accepting of the fact that we need to increase revenue as a priority.

What do you really want as a valued supporter? As far as I see it you are a valued supporter, what more do you want the club to do? They’re trying to boost the match day experience, putting these standing areas in etc, I don’t really see it.

Unfortunately free facilities come last.

Stairway 2 7
17-02-2024, 06:48 PM
We are offering this and while there is a waiting list, it’s exploiting those that have the spare cash available to them, not those with families and the working class.

The average fan cannot afford these upgrades and while it may have been falling apart under Dempster, the atmosphere at Easter Road hasn’t been the same since she left.

£40 a game for corporate is reasonable ACDC in Dublin in 200 bar a ticket for non corporate I'd rather have 5 hibs games. Its no the 80s things are dear. The season tickets are the main thing and they are reasonable and have stayed bellow inflation for a number of years, the club needs commended for taking the hit on that.

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 06:58 PM
£40 a game for corporate is reasonable ACDC in Dublin in 200 bar a ticket for non corporate I'd rather have 5 hibs games. Its no the 80s things are dear. The season tickets are the main thing and they are reasonable and have stayed bellow inflation for a number of years, the club needs commended for taking the hit on that.

Can AC/DC play up front?

Going to a gig and watching Scottish football are wildly different and cannot be compared price wise.

Seeing AC/DC is a one off going to see hubs is a biweekly event.

Tyler Durden
17-02-2024, 06:59 PM

Agreed

Also there are plenty of working class Hibs fans who can afford it and will pay it. Just like some people will pay for two or three Hibs kits for their kids and others choose not to.

People can spend their money how they choose. Hibs need to maximise the income in order to be successful.

Stairway 2 7
17-02-2024, 07:03 PM
Can AC/DC play up front?

Going to a gig and watching Scottish football are wildly different and cannot be compared price wise.

Seeing AC/DC is a one off going to see hubs is a biweekly event.

One was around £80 15 years ago but had flew up like absolutely everything. Unlike hibs that have consistently taken the hit to freeze prices in a time of 10% inflation, they are clearly putting lots into the working class man..

£20 a game that can be paid interest free is fantastic, price of a few pints nowadays. If you want to which I'm sure many will you can pay £40 a game for corporate.

People are going to moan regardless of what the club does if they can keep 50% happy then they are doing great imo

THESHIP
17-02-2024, 07:06 PM
It’s good to see so many Hibs fans doing well for themselves…. It would be nice to have this extra cash lying around.

I think the original point was that this was a FREE incentive for season ticket holders which is now being sold for £400 on top of your season ticket. This is pricing out in my opinion many Hibs fans although if so many seem to disagree I’m happy to let Hibs become the commercial club so many seem to be happy to let it become.

Exuberance1875
17-02-2024, 07:20 PM
I’m going to bow out of this thread now, as I appreciate the fact I may be in a minority of posters views.

My final question would be, what benefit are we going to see out of all this and the increases to hospitality etc. we are realistically aiming for third every year, but our counterparts at Aberdeen and Hearts offer more affordable alternatives and achieve what we are looking to achieve.

I understand that Hibs will likely sell this out and fair play to them for doing that, I’d like to see the rewards from this displayed on the park and a positive atmosphere created at the games. Until we start achieving things on the pitch, they can charge what they want but it will dry up as quickly as results do

PHeffernan
17-02-2024, 07:21 PM
It’s good to see so many Hibs fans doing well for themselves…. It would be nice to have this extra cash lying around.

I think the original point was that this was a FREE incentive for season ticket holders which is now being sold for £400 on top of your season ticket. This is pricing out in my opinion many Hibs fans although if so many seem to disagree I’m happy to let Hibs become the commercial club so many seem to be happy to let it become.

39 posts in 5 and a half years.
You need to up your game.

As for the club, it's in private ownership so it was a commercial club as soon as Ron Gordon bought it. Far too late for folk to start greetin' now.
We had our chance so just need to enjoy the ride now.

Jones28
17-02-2024, 07:27 PM

It’s not been a bonus since the previous regime let the place fall in to disrepair, let’s not pretend this is something being snatched from the hands of current season ticket holders.

A commercial club? Because the club is increasing its commercial activity doesn’t mean the club is becoming some sort of commercial behemoth, devoid of personality and history.

I presume you’re happy with the status quo?

THESHIP
17-02-2024, 07:32 PM
It’s not been a bonus since the previous regime let the place fall in to disrepair, let’s not pretend this is something being snatched from the hands of current season ticket holders.

A commercial club? Because the club is increasing its commercial activity doesn’t mean the club is becoming some sort of commercial behemoth, devoid of personality and history.

I presume you’re happy with the status quo?

Ok

Jones28
17-02-2024, 07:34 PM
Ok

😂

Great debate, thanks

THESHIP
17-02-2024, 07:37 PM
😂

Great debate, thanks

We obviously have different opinions. Not going to waste my time with somebody who is happy to pay above and beyond for an “exclusive bar” which is only to improve the match experience for the wealthier supporter.

Wheat Hound
17-02-2024, 07:40 PM
I normally renew my season ticket the day they become available. For the first time ever I feel like holding off until some signs of hope/progress become apparent.

Gatecrasher
17-02-2024, 07:41 PM
I'd like to know where these boozers are people go to before games, every one i used to go to don't want football fans or is closed now. Easter road is ***** for pubs these days.

SickBoy32
17-02-2024, 07:47 PM
I’d love it if we were to have a free bar for supporters to access, I’m not a season ticket holder though I have been in the past, and I’d like to think I’d be accepting of the fact that we need to increase revenue as a priority.

We need to increase revenue as a priority? Why?

When the Gordon’s came into the club we were still riding a wave dating back to the cup final, relatively successful and a good buzz around ER.

Our priority should always be the team on the park, we are miles away from that now.

Countless examples in this league of lower budget sides outperforming those with higher budgets. We are a total mess now and spending records amounts too.

As a long term ST holder I can assure you I am very dissatisfied with the way the club is being run, and I don’t see increased revenue as anywhere near the top of my priority list - I think there will be plenty others in this boat.

Stairway 2 7
17-02-2024, 07:49 PM
I'd like to know where these boozers are people go to before games, every one i used to go to don't want football fans or is closed now. Easter road is ***** for pubs these days.

Iona, Harp, Robbies, Persey, Edinburgh City club, Hoppy, Hibs club all good

CapitalGreen
17-02-2024, 07:51 PM

Did you miss the part about the new community hub as part of the developments too? The club does some amazing work for the local community to support real people with real problems. Your comment does a massive disservice to all those who work/volunteer for the community foundation. The sort of stuff the community foundation has been doing is much more important for the community than whether someone can get an overpriced pint before a football match.

7Hero
17-02-2024, 07:58 PM
Hibs need to maximise the income in order to be successful.

To be succesfull they need to sort out the football department, if not, any extra income is just being pissed against a wall..

PHeffernan
17-02-2024, 08:01 PM
Did you miss the part about the new community hub as part of the developments too? The club does some amazing work for the local community to support real people with real problems. Your comment does a massive disservice to all those who work/volunteer for the community foundation. The sort of stuff the community foundation has been doing is much more important for the community than whether someone can get an overpriced pint before a football match.

Hear hear!

PHeffernan
17-02-2024, 08:16 PM
To be succesfull they need to sort out the football department, if not, any extra income is just being pissed against a wall..

Think we did that in the 60's, 70's and 80's, spending every penny and as a result found ourselves almost going out of business in 1990 whilst playing in a rotting armpit of a stadium fit for the 1950's.

I'm hopeful for Hibs future and couldn't have imagined that in those dark days of the 90's.

McD
17-02-2024, 09:38 PM
Exactly this, what are you getting for your £800/£400?! A seat at a bar?!

Personally I’d rather spend the same amount, and get free entry into a local Leith/Community pub than fund some of the nonsense that’s going on at ER at the moment.

For me, these hospitality packages have become a token of prestige and something to show off, rather than something you can take your mates/family too and enjoy a game together

Is anyone stopping you from doing this? Or forcing you to pay the £800?

McD
17-02-2024, 09:44 PM
I’m going to bow out of this thread now, as I appreciate the fact I may be in a minority of posters views.

My final question would be, what benefit are we going to see out of all this and the increases to hospitality etc. we are realistically aiming for third every year, but our counterparts at Aberdeen and Hearts offer more affordable alternatives and achieve what we are looking to achieve.

I understand that Hibs will likely sell this out and fair play to them for doing that, I’d like to see the rewards from this displayed on the park and a positive atmosphere created at the games. Until we start achieving things on the pitch, they can charge what they want but it will dry up as quickly as results do

Hearts aren’t just getting money from the foundation of hearts as you said in another post, they get handed circa £5million a year from a benefactor - are you offering to stump this up to Hibs, or do you expect the club to do what they can to redress the balance?

Jones28
18-02-2024, 06:10 AM
We need to increase revenue as a priority? Why?

When the Gordon’s came into the club we were still riding a wave dating back to the cup final, relatively successful and a good buzz around ER.

Our priority should always be the team on the park, we are miles away from that now.

Countless examples in this league of lower budget sides outperforming those with higher budgets. We are a total mess now and spending records amounts too.

As a long term ST holder I can assure you I am very dissatisfied with the way the club is being run, and I don’t see increased revenue as anywhere near the top of my priority list - I think there will be plenty others in this boat.

We need to increase revenue because our rivals are doing it through group stage European football.

That wave was fizzling out before the Gordon’s came in IMO, and it definitely died with Heckingbottom.

No doubt the football side has been ballsed up, but it isn’t for lack of funding or investment, it’s people in key appointments. Sacking Jack Ross is getting stupider by the day.

Lower budget sides outperforming us is unquestionable, and 2 of them are managed by managers I’d have at ER tomorrow. Not sure how it’s relevant to this thread though.

It might not be too of your priority list, but without increasing the revenue of the club we leave ourselves exposed to Hearts and Aberdeen being able to race away from us - something which is potentially mitigated by Foleys investment but there’s no doubt in my mind we need to be increasing income to the club and making sure we get appointments right on the pitch.

Jones28
18-02-2024, 06:12 AM
We obviously have different opinions. Not going to waste my time with somebody who is happy to pay above and beyond for an “exclusive bar” which is only to improve the match experience for the wealthier supporter.

😂 oh yeah, I’m paying £800 a year for a season ticket. It’s chicken feed to me.