PDA

View Full Version : How many games at Easter Road have you watched in person?

theonlywayisup
15-02-2024, 08:01 AM
A post on a now closed thread triggered a question of how many games I've seen at Easter Road. I've had a ST for 20 plus years and whilst I've missed the odd games, I have also attended most cup games during that time, so simple maths is that equates to around 400 games. Before I had a ST, I had the walk-up years when I attended most games and years when I attended very few, so I'm going to suggest that adds another 75 games, possibly as high as 100 games. So my total is almost 500 but I don't think over 500.

Roughly, how many games at Easter Road have you watched (excluding games that don't feature Hibernian FC)?

DIXIHIBS
15-02-2024, 08:11 AM
Been watching Hibs regularly since I was 8/9 so over 50 years. Assuming roughly 20 games a season, I must have seen Hibs over 1000 times. I used travel all the time too(not so much now) so I could add maybe 400 away games so overall can't be far off 1500. Dread to think how much it has all cost!!

Gloucester Hibs
15-02-2024, 08:12 AM
Think I'm a similar number to you, maybe a wee bit more. Season ticket holder since 1990 (Cowshed, FF lower, West Upper and finally West Lower) however there have been maybe 10 seasons in that period where I didn't have a ST for various reasons, where I reckon I made only 8 games per season. Fag packet calculation: (24 seasons x 20 games) + (10 seasons x 8 games) = 560 games.

Yorkshire HFC
15-02-2024, 08:15 AM
Think I'm a similar number to you, maybe a wee bit more. Season ticket holder since 1990 (Cowshed, FF lower, West Upper and finally West Lower) however there have been maybe 10 seasons in that period where I didn't have a ST for various reasons, where I reckon I made only 8 games per season. Fag packet calculation: (24 seasons x 20 games) + (10 seasons x 8 games) = 560 games.

Spread over 50 years I don't have a clue. Maybe 8 - 10 years of 20 games a season and 30 years of 1 - 2 games a season - maybe somewhere around 200?

Stubbsy90+2
15-02-2024, 08:20 AM
This is my first season without a season ticket in living memory.

I went through my teenage years playing football so I missed all the Saturday games bar the odd one.

I’d hazard a guess I’m probably between 400 and 500 games at ER. Definitely won’t be more than that.

04Sauzee
15-02-2024, 08:32 AM
Was a season ticket holder in my younger days, lapsed when I had children, got season tickets for the family when the kids were a bit older. Went to games before I got my first season ticket, and occasionally when the kids were younger. Adding in cup ties and the many European nights 😂 I think I'm around the 500 mark , could be less could be very slightly more

leftpeg
15-02-2024, 08:36 AM
An average of about fifteen since the early seventies,even taking out the COVID season ,I recon about 750!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Renfrew_Hibby
15-02-2024, 08:37 AM
Conservative estimate around 300 but I think it could be a fair bit more. Used to travel through from Ayr to all the games in my teenage years (90s)
Since 1999 I've been in jobs that mean I work most or at least a lot of Saturdays but even now I still get to a standard 5 or 6 home games a season.
I could make more games as my work is quite flexible but a combination of the cost of raising a family and dreary football stops me making it through from Renfrew more often.
Having said that if we are going great guns then I usually get a half season ticket, hopefully I'll be getting one next season.

DaveF
Been going since 1981 and had a ST for the vast majority of that time (can't actually recall when I started on the ST but it was a long time ago) so I'd guess at around 750 home games maybe?

Might be wrong but it certainly feels like that many 🙄

Ralphy C
Been watching Hibs since 1977 when i was considered old enough to travel across the city unsupervised:rolleyes: ( och Daaad). Back then after that i wouldnt miss a game for love nor money, 1st season ticket 1989 i think and had 1 ever since, so i reckon a bit shy of 900. Used to go to every away game back then too,:thumbsup:

Trinity Hibee
15-02-2024, 08:44 AM
Must be around 500 games as had a ST for around 20 seasons overall and then add in walk ups, away games and Hampden which I must have been to about 25 times to watch Hibs which is pretty mad.

McGruber
15-02-2024, 08:45 AM
God knows! Probably about 40-50 in one season back at the peak time of being wrapped up in it all, that would have been the 90's. Watch far more on TV these days

J-C
15-02-2024, 09:23 AM
Not a clue TBH. My dad got me a ST when I was 8 (1966), he didn’t go as he was a Rangers man, so I sat near the directors in the main stand. When I got a wee bit older I used to walk up with all my mates from the Links area and got lift overs. Due to work, playing rugby Saturday afternoon and living in Aberdeen and London for a couple of years each attending was limited to the odd game. Since settling down around 35 years ago I've been a regular ST holder sitting in the East.

May21/05/16
15-02-2024, 09:26 AM
My first game was when I was 5 it was against rangers in 1966

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Bobo
15-02-2024, 10:27 AM
Looking at my programme collection I have almost 1700 home programmes that I have collected by myself over the years, apart from approx 400 that my dad had previously collected.

My first match was 1967/68 but my first full season was 1970/71 so I'd say I've been to 1200+ matches during my time watching Hibs.

I've got over 400 away programmes for the same period of time and never attended every away game so I think my estimate of the home games is pretty accurate.

There are guys on here, older than me, who had the privilege of witnessing the Famous Five era so I'd imagine that some of them may possibly have attended the best part of 2000 games?

Green Man
15-02-2024, 10:32 AM
I use the Futbology app to record games I’ve been to. It has me at 162 Hibs matches at Easter Road, but as I’ve tried to record games retrospectively there are definitely some that I’ve missed out, so the actual number is probably closer to 200.

wookie70
15-02-2024, 11:02 AM
I was pretty much every home game from 1978 to 2005. Kids came along and only went to the odd game until about 2009. Missed about 10 home games since then and have started to work on a Saturday more often. I'd guess around 700. Almost certainly over 1000 games in total

darwenhibby
15-02-2024, 11:28 AM
Only go to finals and derbies!!
Seriously back in 1999 on the way back from ER after a Kilmarnock drubbing we tried to work out how many miles we had clocked up going up and down the road since 1990
Say 15 times a season 400 miles round trip
6000 miles a season
So probably at least 120,000 miles
Didn’t start going regularly until 1987
Let the train take the strain now but strikes have messed up this season

Hibbyradge
15-02-2024, 11:28 AM
I haven't been to many for the last 8 years but between the mid 70s and 2015, I hardly missed a game.

I won't have been to 1000 games at ER, but add in the away games and it won't be far short of that. :dunno:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-02-2024, 11:30 AM
I haven't been to many for the last 8 years but between the mid 70s and 2015, I hardly missed a game.

I won't have been to 1000 games at ER, but add in the away games and it won't be far short of that. :dunno:

Pretty much saved me typing the same thing.

CropleyWasGod
15-02-2024, 11:36 AM
Are people counting Reserve games?

Was a common thing in the 60's and 70's, when car-ownership wasn't as widespread. Folk would go to the Reserve games when the big team was away.

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2024, 11:51 AM
What a question. If I sat long enough I could probably work it out. Been going regularly since the late 70s and been a ST older since the mid 90s, barely missed a home game in all that time.

Chuck in away games, every semi final but two we have played in since 1979 and every final, not to mention friendlies it has to be at least 1000, probably a lot more.

Probably could have bought a bloody holiday villa in Spain with the money :greengrin

Hibeesdaft16
15-02-2024, 11:56 AM
Probably just under 500 games. Season ticket holder since the season we came back up in 1999 (family stand) then moved to the East, then new West, then back to old East and now new East.

Centre Hawf
15-02-2024, 11:57 AM
Reckon all in probably been 25+ years with the odd walk up season where I missed a few games here and there, wouldn't be far off 500 games at Easter Road if the maths are right?

WeeRussell
15-02-2024, 12:11 PM

Bloody do-gooder

H18S NX
15-02-2024, 12:14 PM
My first game was in 1959,been going near enough ever since but had to give up my ST two years ago due to ill health(going up St clair) was too much for me,still miss going though.

Lancs Harp
15-02-2024, 12:27 PM
Ive actively followed Hibs from various places in England since 1999 (5-2 v Dundee was my first game). Only got up for a game or two a season until 2014 when i came up 7 or 8 times, the following couple of seasons I got a season ticket. Cant get up as often now, only been to 4 games for instance this season and only planning one more trip before the end of the season.

I'd guess im approaching 100 games in total. Not uber fan stuff but Ive clocked a few miles up.

WeeRussell
15-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Ive actively followed Hibs from various places in England since 1999 (5-2 v Dundee was my first game). Only got up for a game or two a season until 2014 when i came up 7 or 8 times, the following couple of seasons I got a season ticket. Cant get up as often now, only been to 4 games for instance this season and only planning one more trip before the end of the season.

I'd guess im approaching 100 games in total. Not uber fan stuff but Ive clocked a few miles up.

Admirable effort from down there LH. What got you into hibs, may I ask?

sadtom
15-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Attended my 1st game aged 5, a 2-2 draw with Cowdenbeath on 2/1/71, the same day as the Ibrox Park disaster!
By the late 70’s I was able to go myself. Between 1980 and mid 90’s barely missed any home games and a handful of away games. My away days started to reduce from that point on. But for last 40 years I have had an ST for nearly all of it (going back to the standing ST’s in the East), West for a few years, FF with the kids for a decade, now back to the East. On average I would guess I’ve missed 1 or 2 home games every season in all competitions.
Only ever managed 1 ‘perfect’ season when I made it to every game home and away in all comps. It did mean getting a cab to East End Park for JC’s last competitive game for Hibs.

How many? Too f***ing many. :greengrin

Sparrows tongue
15-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Thousands.

:na na:

Not really.

Perhaps two or three hundred, maximum.

Bridge hibs
15-02-2024, 01:09 PM
Ive been going since mid 70s home and away religiously but unsure of how many to date but most def late hundreds

hibee_girl
15-02-2024, 01:11 PM
I’ve had a season ticket for over 25 years now so must be around 500 games.

One of the kids I work with asked me how much I’d spent on Hibs over the years, I didn’t even want to work that one out :greengrin

Allant1981
15-02-2024, 01:14 PM
Had to actually think about the number and couldn't even guess, started going when I was 13, missed 3 seasons due to family issues and missed the odd game here and there so about the 400 mark I'd imagine

West Upper
15-02-2024, 01:32 PM
Use Momento to track them, put in games from the past. Currently on 368 games at Easter Road

thebakerboy
15-02-2024, 01:47 PM
Not got a clue how many been going to matches at ER since 1952 not sure how often but defo was a regular from around 57 when the Baker boy arrived . There have been periods when I havnt attended too often , a year in England didnt go often also when kids were wee My wife worked on Saturdays but then I started taking my nephew as he nearly turned into a Jambo and my sister would look after my kids. Now myself and my grandson have Season Tickets in the Famous Five upper. So god knows how many used to go to a fair few away games as well when I was younger.

linlithgowhibbie
15-02-2024, 02:27 PM
!st game was season 62/63 so roughly 60 seasons under my belt average of 15 a year (Missed a few due to shiftwork) so maybe 900 in total! Plus I used to watch the reserve games at home too up till I was 12, then I started my travels on supporters busses from the Hibs club.

Lancs Harp
15-02-2024, 02:31 PM
Admirable effort from down there LH. What got you into hibs, may I ask?

I couldnt really pinpoint to one thing. Growing up many kids down south had a Scottish team, virtually exclusively one of the of firm. There's always the exception though, namely me. I was intreagued by the team that lost not won the cup final in 72, had an attraction to the kit. Like a lot of youngsters of the time i avidly read shoot magazine and i had the likes of Blackley and Stanton and a Hibs team picture on my bedroom alongside other footballing greats. Around that time my Dad bought me a Subbuteo set and the first teams I bought to go with the set were Blackpool (where I come from) and Hibs. Subbuteo team references 13 and 45 for those in the know :). The saturday afternoon results service was spent taking in the English results and patiently waiting for the Hibees score to come up.

My English team is Blackpool. But although i akways look out for their results i no longer go to watch them. After reaching the dizzy heights of the EPL (which was fantastic i have to say) disullionment set in with the owners (the infamous Oystons) as they pocketed all the money. Mass boycotts and actions followed. All the things you are seeing around supporter actions at the likes of Reading with tennis balls pitch invasions to get games stopped etc were done by Blackpool a decade ago. The Oystons took legal actions resulting in court cases against fans (which they generally lost). I ended up supporting fans in court numerous times but the whole thing left a very nasty taste.
By the time the Oystons had been defeated and new owners came in I and the vast majority of fans had been boycotting for several seasons. Id used that time to grow my relationship with Hibs. I never went back.

A bit war and peace but you did ask :)

scoopyboy
15-02-2024, 02:57 PM
Over a 1000

son of haggart
15-02-2024, 03:54 PM
About 20 - an uncle took me to a few of the European games in the mid-late 60s in a failed attempt to persuade me to switch sides. Also seen a few non Hibs semi final games there

Green Man
15-02-2024, 03:59 PM
About 20 - an uncle took me to a few of the European games in the mid-late 60s in a failed attempt to persuade me to switch sides. Also seen a few non Hibs semi final games there

Ah, the Inverness game :greengrin

son of haggart
15-02-2024, 04:02 PM
Ah, the Inverness game :greengrin

..and St Johnstone (98) and Motherwell - not a happy hunting ground ... against non-Edinburgh teams

Green Man
15-02-2024, 04:13 PM
..and St Johnstone (98) and Motherwell - not a happy hunting ground ... against non-Edinburgh teams

If only your results against Hibs were as bad :rolleyes

I miss the days of semi finals not being at Hampden. St Johnstone at Tynie in 2007 was memorable, and further back v Aberdeen.

son of haggart
15-02-2024, 04:20 PM
If only your results against Hibs were as bad :rolleyes

I miss the days of semi finals not being at Hampden. St Johnstone at Tynie in 2007 was memorable, and further back v Aberdeen.

Yes - I have seen a few and its's always a good atmosphere presumably you weren't at this one! - note that Raith had to play at Hampden in the other semi of course

https://www.britishpathe.com/asset/84985/

WeeRussell
15-02-2024, 04:36 PM
I couldnt really pinpoint to one thing. Growing up many kids down south had a Scottish team, virtually exclusively one of the of firm. There's always the exception though, namely me. I was intreagued by the team that lost not won the cup final in 72, had an attraction to the kit. Like a lot of youngsters of the time i avidly read shoot magazine and i had the likes of Blackley and Stanton and a Hibs team picture on my bedroom alongside other footballing greats. Around that time my Dad bought me a Subbuteo set and the first teams I bought to go with the set were Blackpool (where I come from) and Hibs. Subbuteo team references 13 and 45 for those in the know :). The saturday afternoon results service was spent taking in the English results and patiently waiting for the Hibees score to come up.

My English team is Blackpool. But although i akways look out for their results i no longer go to watch them. After reaching the dizzy heights of the EPL (which was fantastic i have to say) disullionment set in with the owners (the infamous Oystons) as they pocketed all the money. Mass boycotts and actions followed. All the things you are seeing around supporter actions at the likes of Reading with tennis balls pitch invasions to get games stopped etc were done by Blackpool a decade ago. The Oystons took legal actions resulting in court cases against fans (which they generally lost). I ended up supporting fans in court numerous times but the whole thing left a very nasty taste.
By the time the Oystons had been defeated and new owners came in I and the vast majority of fans had been boycotting for several seasons. Id used that time to grow my relationship with Hibs. I never went back.

Interesting read - thanks for the reply! I was half expecting it to be the usual ‘family connection’ so nice to learn of the hibees grabbing hold of someone with no other ties up here.

Imagine we’re going to see more of what you’ve described at Blackpool and reading in the coming years with other clubs. Pretty sad that football fans are turned so far away from their home and lifelong clubs by owner actions and power, but it’s where we are.

son of haggart
15-02-2024, 04:43 PM

I actually played a couple of times for Blackpool with the full team strip inthe APSCIL (Association of Supporters Clubs in London) League as my mate and work colleague was a Blackpool fan/ captain and they were short . Got a soft spot for them as a result and have watched their struggles with dismay. Amusingly one of the games I played was against Rangers and we beat them - mainly because two of their team were sent off for fighting each other - not much changes wherever you take them.....

Bakerman
15-02-2024, 04:54 PM
I've thought about it, how many league seasons, cup ties, european, reserve games etc I've probably attended at ER, since first being taken as a kid in the early seventies. We followed Hibs everywhere, every game, bar a handful. It felt like thousands off the top of my head yesterday, but its probably around the 800 to 1000 mark. Apologies, but at least an interesting thread was created.

Sparrows tongue
15-02-2024, 04:57 PM
I've thought about it, how many league seasons, cup ties, european, reserve games etc I've probably attended at ER, since first being taken as a kid in the early seventies. We followed Hibs everywhere, every game, bar a handful. It felt like thousands off the top of my head yesterday, but its probably around the 800 to 1000 mark. Apologies, but at least an interesting thread was created.

:aok:

basehibby
15-02-2024, 05:10 PM
I started watching Hibs about 1978. Since then I've had periods when I went to just about every home game and periods when I maybe made it to 4 or 5 (particularly while living in London for about 12 years). Over the last 20 years though I've usually been a ST holder and getting to 15-20 home games a season. So overall I'm guestimating 450 home games.

Allant1981
15-02-2024, 05:10 PM

Not sure why anyone would have doubted the 1000 mark anyway, I've only been going 28 years and at about half that(ish)

Lancs Harp
15-02-2024, 05:46 PM
I actually played a couple of times for Blackpool with the full team strip inthe APSCIL (Association of Supporters Clubs in London) League as my mate and work colleague was a Blackpool fan/ captain and they were short . Got a soft spot for them as a result and have watched their struggles with dismay. Amusingly one of the games I played was against Rangers and we beat them - mainly because two of their team were sent off for fighting each other - not much changes wherever you take them.....

I know a lot of of the BASIL crew (Blackpool association Supporters in london) its who i used to go to away matches with. Great lads. Are Hibs not in APSCIL? I know the Jambos have a presence, well they did years ago. Rangers used to be one of the biggest groups in the association.

Keith_M
15-02-2024, 05:49 PM
Far too many for my mental health.

Lancs Harp
15-02-2024, 05:50 PM
Far too many for my mental health.

2016 alone made it all worthwhile Keith. :)

Keith_M
15-02-2024, 05:53 PM
2016 alone made it all worthwhile Keith. :)

True

:greengrin

Kato
15-02-2024, 06:50 PM
Not sure why anyone would have doubted the 1000 mark anyway, I've only been going 28 years and at about half that(ish)1000 ÷ 40 = 25

18-20 home league games plus any cup matches, friendlies.

If anyone has been going to see Hibs reguallry for about 40 years they'll not be far off 1000 matches.

I started going in 1968. By 1972 I was going to most home games and about half the away games. By the late 70s I was travelling home and away to 95% of matches. I went through a patch of 5 seasons in a row in the 80s when myself and a few pals went to every game home and away and again in the 90s only missed a few games a season. 00s I was travelling abroad a lot but still made around half our home bar one whole season games. Since covid I've only made a handful of games a season but hope to get back more regularly. Must have been to well in excess of a thousand games.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Eyrie
15-02-2024, 06:52 PM
Somewhere between 250 and 300.

Which considering my age probably deserves a LTYF.

ancient hibee
15-02-2024, 06:57 PM
Must be about 16/1700 I suppose.

Tambo
15-02-2024, 06:57 PM
About 5 times a year the parents would go back up the road, I did stop going when I turned 18 for a few years as who can resist a free house at that age 😁

Try to get up as much as I can, costs and getting time off work can sometimes be an issue.

Last game was Kilmarnock in November and next will be Livingston in March and will attempt to get two more in for the season.

Really want to get to an away day, maybe Motherwell as seems really cheap for a Travelodge or premier inn.

Keith_M
15-02-2024, 07:09 PM
I've been having a long think about this and, if I take into account the 8 years I lived abroad, I've probably attended somewhere between 7-800 games.

Daydreamer
15-02-2024, 07:29 PM
Probably around 20 games a season from 68/69 sometimes maybe more if you include friendlies and the old league cup where you had 2 home games every season before the season started. First game 1963 where Neil Martin scored with a diving header against Dunfermline at the back post. Some great European games Hamburg, Napoli Porto and Sporting Lisbon. I would guess around 1200.

bod
15-02-2024, 07:32 PM
A post on a now closed thread triggered a question of how many games I've seen at Easter Road. I've had a ST for 20 plus years and whilst I've missed the odd games, I have also attended most cup games during that time, so simple maths is that equates to around 400 games. Before I had a ST, I had the walk-up years when I attended most games and years when I attended very few, so I'm going to suggest that adds another 75 games, possibly as high as 100 games. So my total is almost 500 but I don't think over 500.

Roughly, how many games at Easter Road have you watched (excluding games that don't feature Hibernian FC)?

CB Hibs 68
15-02-2024, 07:50 PM
Barely missed a home game since 68 .Must mean I have been to well over 1000 plus.

Hiber-nation
15-02-2024, 07:50 PM
Started in 66-67, probably about a dozen per season up to 71-72 then have probably missed no more than 3 in any season since.

Only once didn't go because I was so peed off with the football on offer, that was towards the tail end of Calderwood's 2010-11 shambles.

So probably 1,200.

son of haggart
15-02-2024, 11:58 PM
I know a lot of of the BASIL crew (Blackpool association Supporters in london) its who i used to go to away matches with. Great lads. Are Hibs not in APSCIL? I know the Jambos have a presence, well they did years ago. Rangers used to be one of the biggest groups in the association.

Yes - both Hearts and Hibs had teams - only played Hibs in the five a sides as far as I can recall. I was involved in the 1980S and early 1990s.

My mate at work who was involved with Blackpool APSCIL team was Gary Vickers if that rings a bell

babahibs
16-02-2024, 07:18 AM
Been going for 50 years, must be well above 500 games at Easter Road, maybe a couple of hundred away games

Since452
16-02-2024, 09:17 AM
Enough to give me PTSD and an involuntary arm twitch

Ray_
16-02-2024, 10:57 AM
First game November 1965 [Hamilton 11-1]. Went periodically until I was old enough to go on my own, in 1968, thereafter, the only home game I missed at ER from then until I left for the south in July 1973, was the 1969 friendly against Aston Villa. I was lucky enough to attend a vast majority of the away games from 1968 as well, it was only after I started work, I couldn't get to Aberdeen. After moving south, back to periodically :(

130 home games from 1968-1973 total with Villa game 131]. In reality, an example, season 1970-71 for example, I went to 65 games, excluding reserve outings, all Hibs in the UK & Scotland at various levels.

Hibbyradge
16-02-2024, 01:18 PM
Somewhere between 250 and 300.

Which considering my age probably deserves a LTYF.

Ltyf

Eyrie
16-02-2024, 06:34 PM
Ltyf

:greengrin

Ringothedog
16-02-2024, 07:37 PM
I would be surprised if not in excess of 1000. ST for decades. PATG and lift overs when a youngster. Also reserve games when we we were away from home

Malthibby
16-02-2024, 07:45 PM
Enough to give me PTSD and an involuntary arm twitch

This. :agree:

Jones28
16-02-2024, 10:27 PM
300 plus

So about 10% of the way to catching Johnnyboys total.

The Harp
17-02-2024, 07:47 AM
Very difficult to estimate how many games at ER you've been to when you've been a regular attender for 60+ years. At a rough guess I'd say no less than 1200 for me.
I have pals who could better my total though.

theonlywayisup
17-02-2024, 09:41 AM
Great reading the replies! So roughly 1,200 plus or minus seems to be the maximum. In simple terms, if you attended 20 games per season on average at Easter Road to watch the Hibees, it would take you 60 years to attend 1,200 in person. That takes a lot of perseverance!

Again, in simple terms, if the average cost of a ticket over the 60 years was £20 (at today's prices) that would equate to £24,000 to watch the Hibees (today's prices), not including travel, food and drinks, programmes etc. Obviously, a ticket price 60 years ago wasn't £20, but I'm not smart enough to work out what a ticket price 60 years ago would equate to at today's costbase. I'd also imagine that the cost of football to be much higher now that it was 50-60 years ago.

Pete70
17-02-2024, 10:02 AM
Can’t be far of 1000 for me. Been going regularly since about 1974 saw most games up to 1988. Been a ST holder since then and only missed about half a dozen games since then, not including the Covid season.

cammy1969
17-02-2024, 10:12 AM
Been going regularly since 84 would probably average 15 a season or so until about 5 years ago when for various reasons only made couple games a season so be between 500-550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cammy1969
17-02-2024, 10:18 AM
Hats off to the guys who have racked up over 1000 games that takes some dedication when you take in to consideration some of the **** performances we’ve had to put up with over the years

wookie70
17-02-2024, 10:20 AM
Great reading the replies! So roughly 1,200 plus or minus seems to be the maximum. In simple terms, if you attended 20 games per season on average at Easter Road to watch the Hibees, it would take you 60 years to attend 1,200 in person. That takes a lot of perseverance!

Again, in simple terms, if the average cost of a ticket over the 60 years was £20 (at today's prices) that would equate to £24,000 to watch the Hibees (today's prices), not including travel, food and drinks, programmes etc. Obviously, a ticket price 60 years ago wasn't £20, but I'm not smart enough to work out what a ticket price 60 years ago would equate to at today's costbase. I'd also imagine that the cost of football to be much higher now that it was 50-60 years ago. The cost of football is massively higher than the 90s. Since the Taylor report and the Bosman ruling football has got worse in Scotland and prices soared for attendance. It's a miracle our average attendances are so high but I suppose this thread shows many of us will go regardless as long as we are able

matty_f
17-02-2024, 10:43 AM
Haven't been since they started opening escape rooms in Edinburgh.

Kato
17-02-2024, 11:13 AM
Haven't been since they started opening escape rooms in Edinburgh.Can you not get out?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Bridge hibs
17-02-2024, 11:21 AM
Haven't been since they started opening escape rooms in Edinburgh.

🤣

WhileTheChief..
17-02-2024, 12:01 PM
Been going regularly since 84 would probably average 15 a season or so until about 5 years ago when for various reasons only made couple games a season so be between 500-550

1986 was the season I started going regularly. I prob average around 15 games a season. Sometimes I'd have been at every game at ER, other's I'd miss quite a few, so it probably balances out around 15.

Guessing around the 500 total mark.