PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen commentator

Ardenttwo
14-02-2024, 07:02 PM
Just had to stop watching the Sheep game. Commentator just had to mention Boyler getting booked for diving. No mention of Duk who is the worst diver I have ever seen. Murderwell got penalty in 3 minutes which was a stone wall penalty but according to the Sheep commentators in was a dive.

eastterrace
14-02-2024, 07:13 PM
Just had to stop watching the Sheep game. Commentator just had to mention Boyler getting booked for diving. No mention of Duk who is the worst diver I have ever seen. Murderwell got penalty in 3 minutes which was a stone wall penalty but according to the Sheep commentators in was a dive. that’s not what I heard him say, he was saying how is it a penalty when something similar happened in the hibs Celtic game on Martin Boyle and it wasn’t even looked at.

bingo70
14-02-2024, 07:14 PM
Just had to stop watching the Sheep game. Commentator just had to mention Boyler getting booked for diving. No mention of Duk who is the worst diver I have ever seen. Murderwell got penalty in 3 minutes which was a stone wall penalty but according to the Sheep commentators in was a dive.

If he really did your head in you might want to switch it back on now 😂

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2024, 04:29 AM
All of the club TV’s are impartially biased some more than others

Looking forward to Saturday as Rob MacLean is a decent commentator and a blast from the past although point taken does not hide his true allegiance

Will be interesting to see who is his co-commentator is as there are plenty of former Dons with a Hibs connection

The thing I find laughable about club TV is they will argue till they are blue in the face when the ball goes out of play that it is their ball when replays clearly show it is in fact a Hibernian ball :greengrin

I suppose there is always the volume button or Hibs TV

Noticed that Aberdeen diehard Richard Gordon is now Head of Media and Communications at Cove Rangers

CallumLaidlaw
15-02-2024, 07:40 AM

Looking forward to Saturday as Rob MacLean is a decent commentator and a blast from the past although point taken does not hide his true allegiance

Will be interesting to see who is his co-commentator is as there are plenty of former Dons with a Hibs connection

The thing I find laughable about club TV is they will argue till they are blue in the face when the ball goes out of play that it is their ball when replays clearly show it is in fact a Hibernian ball :greengrin

Noticed that Aberdeen diehard Richard Gordon is now Head of Media and Communications at Cove Rangers

Aberdeen tv is comfortably the most biased of the lot. It’s even worse than Rangers and Celtic Tv which takes some doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
15-02-2024, 07:40 AM

I find Rob McLean to an absolute melon when we are playing them. Cannot stand him.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2024, 07:45 AM
I find Rob McLean to an absolute melon when we are playing them. Cannot stand him.

I hear ye

Much prefer the whispering monotone of Hibs TV Kevin Harper is normally spot on in his summing up depends on the stream ��

Killie TV and Hun TV particularly bad imho

The two young guys on Hearts TV are biased but fair

bingo70
15-02-2024, 07:51 AM
Aberdeen tv is comfortably the most biased of the lot. It’s even worse than Rangers and Celtic Tv which takes some doing.

I can’t stand biased home TV Commentators and j very much include Hibs TV in that. Although I don’t think Cliff is as bad as others, there’s still some times it’s noticeable. Kevin Harper can be bad at times too.

Stuart Lovell excellent for remaining impartial when he’s on, as is Joelle Murray I think.

Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd the worst (not in that order). To be fair to our jambo neighbours, I think the guy Borthwick can be pretty fair at times.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2024, 07:58 AM
I can’t stand biased home TV Commentators and j very much include Hibs TV in that. Although I don’t think Cliff is as bad as others, there’s still some times it’s noticeable. Kevin Harper can be bad at times too.

Stuart Lovell excellent for remaining impartial when he’s on, as is Joelle Murray I think.

Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd the worst (not in that order). To be fair to our jambo neighbours, I think the guy Borthwick can be pretty fair at times.

Stuart Lovell was excellent last time he was on Hibs TV as was Alex Miller a few seasons back who was very impressive telling us exactly how the game would unfold

s2hart
15-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Stuart Lovell is different class, reads the game so well it's an education listening to his analysis, I've warmed to Kevin Harper he was a bit stuttery at the beginning understandably if he hasn't done it before but found his rhythm now and offers some good insight, although I think he has it in for Élie Youan as he constantly moans about him. I'm not a fan of Joelle Murray, she reads the game well but always Cliff has to get her to speak rather than using her initiative and jump in at an appropriate time. All in all I don't think our coverage is as biased as other channels.

Stokesy's on fire
15-02-2024, 10:26 AM
Aberdeen bitter fc they hate both the edinburgh clubs must suck for them being 5th force

wookie70
15-02-2024, 11:07 AM
Stuart Lovell was excellent last time he was on Hibs TV as was Alex Miller a few seasons back who was very impressive telling us exactly how the game would unfold Most of us were pretty good at saying how games would unfold when he was Hiba manager

Carheenlea
15-02-2024, 11:13 AM
Sometimes tricky to separate the partisan club commentators from the “impartial” BBC Scotland commenting teams.

BILLYHIBS
15-02-2024, 12:36 PM
Most of us were pretty good at saying how games would unfold when he was Hiba manager

😂

Edinburgh Green
15-02-2024, 01:22 PM

Yip, It was particularly amusing to hear them baulk in horror that Shinnie was (rightly) given a yellow card for flying into to a tackle and wiping out the motherwell player, such is the rarity that ever gets booked.

flash
15-02-2024, 01:58 PM
Having listened to probably every club's in house commentary would have to say Hertz is probably the best.

Never biased enough to ruin the game and the boy is actually a pretty decent commentator.

DaveF
15-02-2024, 02:01 PM
Having listened to probably every club's in house commentary would have to say Hertz is probably the best.

Never biased enough to ruin the game and the boy is actually a pretty decent commentator.

I'd agree with that. Dunno the guys name but he is very good to listen to on the odd occasion I've tuned in.

Hibiza
15-02-2024, 02:22 PM
Stuart Lovell was excellent last time he was on Hibs TV as was Alex Miller a few seasons back who was very impressive telling us exactly how the game would unfold

Forgive me Billy BUT Alex Miller still gives me a cold shiver, everyone who was at his games in charge knew exactly how things were going .

JimBHibees
15-02-2024, 03:54 PM

Agree with that very fair and always seems OK to praise other teams including ours. He overplays the boys in Maroon line though :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2024, 05:13 AM
Cellick dudes over-mention “paradise” don’t think I ever heard a weegie mention the term in the years I’ve worked in Glasgow.

Greenio
16-02-2024, 05:27 AM
Stuart Lovell is different class, reads the game so well it's an education listening to his analysis, I've warmed to Kevin Harper he was a bit stuttery at the beginning understandably if he hasn't done it before but found his rhythm now and offers some good insight, although I think he has it in for Élie Youan as he constantly moans about him. I'm not a fan of Joelle Murray, she reads the game well but always Cliff has to get her to speak rather than using her initiative and jump in at an appropriate time. All in all I don't think our coverage is as biased as other channels.

Lovell is indeed the best HibsTV have had over the last few years. Although he can say a bit too much at times!

Don't mind Kevin, needs to talk more tactics as he does know his stuff but him and Cliff need to stop banging on about VAR being pish mind, relentless.

I wish Joelle understood she doesn't need to wair for Cliff to prompt her to speak! She says good stuff on her own without it just being a confirmation of what Cliff is saying. Just say what you think whenever Joelle!

BILLYHIBS
16-02-2024, 05:54 AM
Cellick dudes over-mention “paradise” don’t think I ever heard a weegie mention the term in the years I’ve worked in Glasgow.

First read it in the weegie press when Joe McBride returned to Celtic Park as a Hibs player back in the late sixties barely heard it since and I have also worked in Glasgow

Shrekko
16-02-2024, 07:37 AM
What make McLean's ridiculously one sided commentary unforgivable is his own professional background. It's beyond pathetic that he obviously actually feels a need to put a biased slant on absolutely everything.

Has to be said that the Hearts guy and Jimmy Sandison are streets ahead of the rest for reasons already mentioned and ours is just awful. Tam McManus used to be ok, but Kevin Harper has never said anything remotely insightful the times I've listened to him - seems to just spend his time laughing at Cliff Pike's attempted funnies. Stuart Lovell is really good when he's on but does maybe get a wee bit too overly critical.

oneone73
16-02-2024, 07:59 AM
I will never complain about Hibs TV for as long as David Tanner isn't on it.

overdrive
16-02-2024, 12:42 PM
I find Aberdeen/Red TV to be the most biased club channel’s commentary in Scotland. It is way worse than even Rangers. I remember watching a European game on it a few years ago and they were foaming at the mouth wanting a referee sacked for a fairly innocuous thing like waving play on.

BILLYHIBS
16-02-2024, 12:52 PM
Bring back Irvine Welsh 😂