PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Hibs starting line up

Carheenlea
12-02-2024, 07:15 PM
With 6 out of seven of the January window arrivals having game time were starting to get a picture of what they can all bring to the squad. What would fans believe our best team to be right now with what we have seen so far?

Montgomery has shown that he likes to rotate a little and with that it’s maybe tricky for us to try and work out what he believes to be his strongest starting 11.

I feel our strongest starting 11 at present would be -

Marshall
Miller Fish Triantis Obita
Levitt Newell Moriah-Welsh
Boyle Maolida Youan

With competition for places in all areas the bench now is looking a lot stronger and filled with players who can make a positive impact.

These things are always subjective of course, so what’s everyone’s thinking as to our best starting 11?

Gmack7
12-02-2024, 07:20 PM
With 6 out of seven of the January window arrivals having game time were starting to get a picture of what they can all bring to the squad. What would fans believe our best team to be right now with what we have seen so far?

Montgomery has shown that he likes to rotate a little and with that it’s maybe tricky for us to try and work out what he believes to be his strongest starting 11.

Marshall
Boyle Maolida Youan

With competition for places in all areas the bench now is looking a lot stronger and filled with players who can make a positive impact.

These things are always subjective of course, so what’s everyone’s thinking as to our best starting 11?

Cadden for miller and Macrondes for Levitt when both are up to full speed

The Modfather
12-02-2024, 07:22 PM

Marshall
Boyle Maolida Youan

Same team with Amos for Levit (if/when up to fitness) and potentially Emilliano for Newell.

Bakerman
12-02-2024, 07:35 PM

Marshall
Boyle Maolida Youan

That's a strong starting 11. Obita has been a stand out recently, and a real threat when bombing forward with Youan in support. Cadden being back is a big positive, and Vente will benefit from a rest and should be chomping at the bit to get back in. A much improved team and should galvanise the rest of those on the cusp of it. Very optimistic for the rest of the campaign.

B.H.F.C
12-02-2024, 07:55 PM

Marshall
Boyle Maolida Youan

I think most of those players will play most weeks now and, injury permitting, we’ll see fairly minimal changes.

I think he’ll look to get Marcondes in, would be at expense of Levitt for me. Although Levitt has shown some glimpses lately. Marcondes isn’t here to sit on the bench though and I don’t see who else drops out.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2024, 07:57 PM

Marshall
Boyle Maolida Youan

These things are always subjective of course, so what’s everyone’s thinking as to our best starting 11?Think answer is there`s no best X1 , just depends who we`re playing , who`s fit , who hasn`t played for a while , etc and who knows if there`s any pressure to play certain players so many games . Other clubs in the same situation so not criticising our set up .
If the players all feel motivated and keep fit we certainly have a very strong squad .
Next season`s squad could be really interesting .

Carheenlea
12-02-2024, 08:31 PM
Think answer is there`s no best X1 , just depends who we`re playing , who`s fit , who hasn`t played for a while , etc and who knows if there`s any pressure to play certain players so many games . Other clubs in the same situation so not criticising our set up .
If the players all feel motivated and keep fit we certainly have a very strong squad .
Next season`s squad could be really interesting .

If you look at an alternative starting 11 with those who I left out of my original selection you could have -

Wallacott
Cadden Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
JDH Emiliano Amos
Le Fondre Vente Jair

And you still have a handful of able youth players and a couple of the new signings to spare, which shows just how much stronger the depth of the squad is.

IberianHibernian
12-02-2024, 08:49 PM
If you look at an alternative starting 11 with those who I left out of my original selection you could have -

Wallacott
JDH Emiliano Amos
Le Fondre Vente Jair

And you still have a handful of able youth players and a couple of the new signings to spare, which shows just how much stronger the depth of the squad is.My maths is probably wrong but you mention 7 new players and I only see 5 from your best X1 plus back ups . There`s one back getting treatment at his English club , so one more . Whatever , means we have a strong squad on paper . Next season`s squad looks like it`s going to be very different .

B.H.F.C
12-02-2024, 09:00 PM

Wallacott
JDH Emiliano Amos
Le Fondre Vente Jair

And you still have a handful of able youth players and a couple of the new signings to spare, which shows just how much stronger the depth of the squad is.

With players coming back, plus the new signings, the squad looks totally different. You look at the bench over the last couple of months and at some points there was so little to choose from, as weak as I can ever remember.

You see the players we were able to bring on at the weekend it makes such a difference. Even the players on the park, they know they need to put in that bit extra now as well. Gives us hope for the remainder of the season.

PHeffernan
13-02-2024, 02:24 AM
My maths is probably wrong but you mention 7 new players and I only see 5 from your best X1 plus back ups . There`s one back getting treatment at his English club , so one more . Whatever , means we have a strong squad on paper . Next season`s squad looks like it`s going to be very different .

Mayenda the 18 year old on loan from Sunderland is the guy missing from the posters list.
Megwa not on the list either so 26 first team players in total.

Could see Megwa going out on loan again before the end of the month if they are sure Cadden is fully ready by then. I would be concerned about Cadden suffering niggly injuries for the rest of the season. An Achilles rupture is a brutal injury to come back to full pace from.

Carheenlea
13-02-2024, 06:39 AM
Mayenda the 18 year old on loan from Sunderland is the guy missing from the posters list.
Megwa not on the list either so 26 first team players in total.

Could see Megwa going out on loan again before the end of the month if they are sure Cadden is fully ready by then. I would be concerned about Cadden suffering niggly injuries for the rest of the season. An Achilles rupture is a brutal injury to come back to full pace from.

I’d factored in Mayenda and Bevan, and Megwa, Whittaker, Landers etc

Just goes to show that before we needed effectively development players as second choices for positions but we now have seasoned first team players competing for all positions (goalkeeper excepted). It does make it tougher for academy players to break through which then returns to an age old topic of their chances becoming limited but for clubs looking to compete where we want to be a strong squad is required.

McGruber
13-02-2024, 07:02 AM

Marshall
Boyle Maolida Youan

A fit and firing Marcondes would be the best player we have. Strong team though. Think Amos when ready would also come in to the equation.

Hopefully Triantis builds on better showings coming on to a game v Celtic and routine performance v ICT but on evidence so far you would only be putting him in a strongest 11 on potential and being a new name. He has lots of good attributes so hoping for strong end to season from him.

I doubt we will have either Fish or Triantis next season though. Hanlon obviously rumoured to be away (personally would keep as cover knowing we need to bring in 2 starters). I think there is a good chance Bevan will be brought in as a season long loan next season even if we don't see him this time round

Since452
13-02-2024, 11:22 AM
Tin hat on but we have a very strong squad when everyone is fit and available

B.H.F.C
13-02-2024, 11:38 AM
Tin hat on but we have a very strong squad when everyone is fit and available

Between the January signings and players coming back, we do now, with probable questions over centre half.

We started getting properly short around the time of the semi final against Aberdeen. Our bench that day was Doidge, Campbell, Whittaker, Landers, Hanlon, Wollacott, Stevenson, Delferriere and Molotnikov. It looked even worse at times after that.

When you compare it to what we had available on Saturday it’s absolute night and day.

andrew70
13-02-2024, 12:11 PM
Marshall
Moriah-Welsh Marcondes Levitt
Boyle Vente Youan

Eyrie
13-02-2024, 06:41 PM
Marshall
Marcondes Moriah-Welsh Newell
Boyle Maolida Youan

then

Wollacott
Cadden Bushiri Hanlon Stevenson
Doyle-Hayes Amos Levitt
Mayenda Vente Jair

and

Johnson
Whittaker Megwa Bevan
Campbell Molotnikov
Le Fondre

We've plenty depth now which should keep the starters on their toes and give us a boost off the bench.

Ronniekirk
13-02-2024, 07:57 PM
Too early to say and Monty may not yet know his preferred starting 11 But we have options now . And some players need game time , so he needs to balance that with the need to start winning gsmes