PDA

View Full Version : Best Atmosphere Experienced Hibs or Other

Since452
08-02-2024, 10:57 PM
Was talking tonight about ultras groups and the atmosphere they create. Led us on to the best atmosphere we've ever experienced at a game.

Best Hibs one for me was 0-3 at Ibrox in the Scottish cup with about 6k of us behind the goal (may have been 6k but gets bigger every year 😉). Best non Hibs was Scotland v Holland at Hampden in the playoffs before we lost the 2nd leg 6-0 or something. Incredible noise. I sadly missed the much talked about AEK game.

The guy I was talking to was at Celtic v Leeds with 140k there.

What was yours?

Mon Dieu4
08-02-2024, 11:03 PM
Football is Hibs AEK at Easter Road

Non football related then Alex Arthur V Michael Gomez at Meadowbank

Jim44
08-02-2024, 11:04 PM
The excitement, drama and theatre of Hibs v Barcelona in 1961 ( I was only 14 then ) was unforgettable.

LaMotta
08-02-2024, 11:15 PM
Was talking tonight about ultras groups and the atmosphere they create. Led us on to the best atmosphere we've ever experienced at a game.

Best Hibs one for me was 0-3 at Ibrox in the Scottish cup with about 6k of us behind the goal (may have been 6k but gets bigger every year ��). Best non Hibs was Scotland v Holland at Hampden in the playoffs before we lost the 2nd leg 6-0 or something. Incredible noise. I sadly missed the much talked about AEK game.

The guy I was talking to was at Celtic v Leeds with 140k there.

What was yours?

Hibs 2 Hearts 1 - October 1987. First derby win that decade and in my lifetime. Terraces were packed with people swaying about. Old North Stand the feet were stamping. 23,890 in the ground. Casuals infiltrating the away end and scraps breaking out. Pitch invasion at the end. Magic.

I've never fully been on board with the love in for the Athens game - great second half, but we blew it in extra time and the atmosphere understandably went flat. Left the game gutted. The cup wins over Hearts in 2016 and 2017 were way ahead of the Athens night for me.

Luzern and Villa away were unbelievable atmospheres in the away end - despite both home ends being muted though.

I was at that Scotland Holland game as well - agree on that after McFadden's goal, right up there.

Tottenham Liverpool recently was pretty good at the Tottenham Stadium. And Scotland Brazil in 98 in Paris.

Hibbyradge
08-02-2024, 11:17 PM

Hibeesdaft16
08-02-2024, 11:28 PM

Bloody great shouts! :top marks the Gomez support that night with sombreros and that was bloody mental. AEK home , Deano and Gaz at tiny away.

Green-Hibee-7
08-02-2024, 11:38 PM
Loudest atmosphere I think I’ve been at personally was versus Rangers at Ibrox in the Championship. Round about Christmas or New Year lost 3-2. Certainly the noise when they scored their goals would have been the loudest I’ve experienced.

Hibs created atmosphere I’m struggling to pick out one in particular. The derby after the cup win, ironically in the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle was a brilliant consistent atmosphere from our end.

AgentDaleCooper
08-02-2024, 11:56 PM

100% :aok:

Stairway 2 7
09-02-2024, 05:47 AM
Athens away was wild. We got searched and all our coins lighters ect taken off us, I think the police must have handed them the the AEK fans as they were chucking everything at us for 90 minutes.

Boca Juniors v Vélez Sarsfield was good fun. Love going to German football, the police and stewards are their to support the fans having a good day rather that us feeling like a criminal in Scotland. Always a great atmosphere and sitting with tidy German beer is a bonus

CockneyRebel
09-02-2024, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=Mon Dieu4;7581222]Football is Hibs AEK at Easter Road

What a night, what an incredible atmosphere. at half time the place was jumping. Hair raising SOL. So close to going through. Even though we went out on aggregate we still won the tie with an excellent performance and the supporters reacted to that all through the match.

hibsbollah
09-02-2024, 07:09 AM
Marseille PSG at Le vélodrome . Nothing approaching that ever.
Rangers 0 Hibs 3 scottish cup Sproule OConnor Killen was the best Hibs game noise ive been to, pure bouncing joy.

Hiber-nation
09-02-2024, 07:15 AM
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1. The noise in the 2nd half was incredible and that was with an open terrace.

ruthven_raiders
09-02-2024, 07:16 AM
[QUOTE=Mon Dieu4;7581222]Football is Hibs AEK at Easter Road

What a night, what an incredible atmosphere. at half time the place was jumping. Hair raising SOL. So close to going through. Even though we went out on aggregate we still won the tie with an excellent performance and the supporters reacted to that all through the match.

Yup gives me goosebumps thinking about that game, especially when Paco Luna nearly scored with that late header, last match with my dad before he passed 😔💚

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-02-2024, 07:22 AM
AEK or Souness first game in charge of the previous Rangers. The 0-3 Cup win at Ibrox was a different type of atmosphere as the result was never in doubt after Gary's opener.

Hibee87
09-02-2024, 07:24 AM
AEK for Hibs also.

Took my laddie to his first and to date only scotland game v Israel a couple years back when we won 3 - 2. That was some atmosphere that night

leftpeg
09-02-2024, 07:25 AM
Scotland Sweden in Genoa Italia 90

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

DIXIHIBS
09-02-2024, 07:34 AM
Hibs....Souness game at ER. Scotland.... McFadden game in Paris. Both awesome games to witness.

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2024, 07:36 AM
AEK home

Sporting home

Hibs 4 v 3 Celtic

Scotland v Sweden 1990

Scotland v Brazil 1998

Hibs 2 v 1 Rangers 1986

21-5-2016

‘I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag’

Pedantic_Hibee
09-02-2024, 07:56 AM
AEK Athens at Easter Road.

Stood with my old boy at the back of the Famous Five. SoL at half time was unforgettable. To my knowledge that was the first time we’d sang it.

I can still picture Luna’s header as if it was yesterday.

weecounty hibby
09-02-2024, 08:08 AM
Millennium/Principality stadium. Have been a good few times now, including our win on Saturday, for rugby and when Wales are on top there is nothing like it, especially with the roof closed. The second half on Saturday when they were on the comeback was absolutely deafening. Have watched football across Europe and the UK, been to 2 World Cups and a Euros and still nothing compares to 80,000 Welsh folk roaring on their rugby team

Alfiembra
09-02-2024, 08:08 AM
AEK Athens at Easter Road.

Stood with my old boy at the back of the Famous Five. SoL at half time was unforgettable. To my knowledge that was the first time we’d sang it.

I can still picture Luna’s header as if it was yesterday.

Was sitting near the AEK fans and there was a good friendly rivalry they were bouncing too, and yes I thought we had done it when Paco headed just past. But for me I don’t think anything will surpass 0-7 at Tynie and the cries of we want 10.

Since452
09-02-2024, 08:09 AM
Loudest atmosphere I think I’ve been at personally was versus Rangers at Ibrox in the Championship. Round about Christmas or New Year lost 3-2. Certainly the noise when they scored their goals would have been the loudest I’ve experienced.

Hibs created atmosphere I’m struggling to pick out one in particular. The derby after the cup win, ironically in the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle was a brilliant consistent atmosphere from our end.

As horrible as it is to say I always thought the old Rangers Champions League atmospheres sounded amazing on the TV. Around the Advocaat era when they were allowed to sing the full version of the Tuna Turner song.

Doh Rae Me
09-02-2024, 08:35 AM
SOL after league Cup final v Kilmarnock.
35k Hibbies in harmony.
Absolutely fantastic.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-02-2024, 08:38 AM
3-1 Easter Road versus the Jambos. With Holt doing is Hulk tumble.
place was bouncing absolutely without a doubt the most confident before and during a Derby I’ve felt.

itslegaltender
09-02-2024, 08:39 AM
Outside of the cup final, the second d free kick by Griffiths against England and the euro96 game against Holland. Holte End was incredible.

Gloucester Hibs
09-02-2024, 08:45 AM
Scotland v Switzerland, Villa Park 1996. There were guys in the executive boxes with the England v Holland game on teletext, and they were giving us the thumbs up that we were going through! :rolleyes:

McSwanky
09-02-2024, 08:48 AM
The 6-2 was no bad...

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
09-02-2024, 08:49 AM

The first game against Rangers post 2016 at Ibrox was unreal. August 2017. Incendiary atmosphere pre match, looked like it was as going to get nasty outside as Rangers fans arrived en masse outside the Hibs turnstiles ( but ultimately bottled it when they realised there was a lack of police and basically waited for the police to arrive and form a physical barrier to seperate the fans before beginning their aggressive posturing again :lolrangers:)

I’ve never experienced noise levels inside a stadium like that before, and when Rangers scored after a couple of minutes and sparked a mini pitch invasion it felt like the roof was going to come off. We came back in the face of that with incredible character under Lennon to win 3-2.

What a day that was.

Greenbeard
09-02-2024, 09:01 AM
Millennium/Principality stadium. Have been a good few times now, including our win on Saturday, for rugby and when Wales are on top there is nothing like it, especially with the roof closed. The second half on Saturday when they were on the comeback was absolutely deafening. Have watched football across Europe and the UK, been to 2 World Cups and a Euros and still nothing compares to 80,000 Welsh folk roaring on their rugby team
Seconded - with the roof closed. Matched by the French when in full flow at the old Parc de Princes. Now that was intimidating. Not in an aggressive hooligan way. Just effin noisy.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Best ever for me was Scotland against the Czechs at Hampden when Holton and Jordan scored, the true Hampden roar was incredible 👌

Dublin07
09-02-2024, 09:12 AM
Had many great moments supporting the best team in the world but think they best overall full 90 mins was at villa park this season.
Non hibs would be YNWA at anfield and hertha Berlin in the Olympic stadium they never stop even when getting pumped.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2024, 09:17 AM
Hibs 6 Sporting Lisbon 1. The noise in the 2nd half was incredible and that was with an open terrace.

That's mine too, dont know how many were there, but even to this day it's the best by a mile for me, waay above Leeds twice and Liverpool and even whisper it 21-5-16. :wink:

eastterrace
09-02-2024, 09:20 AM
Best for me was the unbeatable derby the place just went mental closely followed by Napoli game.

Itsnoteasy
09-02-2024, 09:21 AM

I'll second that. All the riot polis outside after the Arfur fight.

Baader
09-02-2024, 09:21 AM
At Easter Road I would say AEK followed by the 6-2.

Sat right at the back of the Famous Five then. AEK I could swear the whole stand was moving, it was something else. Both night games incidentally...

son of haggart
09-02-2024, 09:22 AM
Best ever for me was Scotland against the Czechs at Hampden when Holton and Jordan scored, the true Hampden roar was incredible 👌

Was there and it was some night. On scotland games i would add the England scotland millennium game and Scotland brazil in 1982 - at least until the heat got to us and narey's goal was cancelled out.

Glory Lurker
09-02-2024, 09:27 AM
I wasn't there but I bet the Saturday Proclaimers gig on the Links, following the Oslo win, would have been something.

neil7908
09-02-2024, 09:28 AM
Went to Benfica vs Porto in Lisbon a few years back and the noise pre match was deafening.

Unfortunately the game was a drab 0-0 draw but still one of the loudest games I've been to.

Also the Milan derby was something special.

The Modfather
09-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Hibs, the AEK attend game.

Football, Scotlands win in the Paris. I still get goosebumps reminiscing about McFaddens goal. From “did he just shoot”, “did the keeper save it”, “wait, did that just go in”, *unintelligible carnage*, realisation we’re actually winning and contemplating whether we celebrate or pray for the rest of the game.

Alex Trager
09-02-2024, 09:49 AM
I wasn't there but I bet the Saturday Proclaimers gig on the Links, following the Oslo win, would have been something.

That was tremendous.

I would maybe say Villa Park in the summer.

Not in terms of noise, but in terms of atmosphere, it was hands down the best away crowd I have been a part of.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

I actually don’t think if we had won the game (or tie) the atmosphere would have improved.

I don’t think it could.

I have never experienced being down in a match/tie (never mind as dramatically as that) and constant songs only stopping for half time.

A truly sensational trip.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2024, 09:58 AM
A few of mine have already been mentioned.

I was at Upton Park for the "pizzagate" game when West Ham beat Spurs to prevent them from qualifying for The Champions League, the place was bouncing.

sauzee1989
09-02-2024, 09:59 AM
1 Hibs V Aek
2 Hibs v Rangers cup final
3 Psv V Feyenoord
4 Hibs v hearts when they were unbeatable at time supposedly 😂

Pretty Boy
09-02-2024, 10:09 AM

That was mental. I loved Gomez so must have been about the only Scotsman in attendance not all that bothered by the result. It was a bit spicy in the streets around Meadowbank afterwards. The thing that always sticks in my head is after the TKO all of Gomez's corner was in the ring celebrating with the exception of Ricky Hatton who went to check on Arthur first. Always respected that.

Football wise the 2003 semi final v the huns at Hampden was good. Killie away in the Scottish Cup when we won 4-2 was also a brilliant Hibs support. Villa Park this season was amazing as well. The Hibs support never shut up from first to last, the pub in the afternoon and the train to the game were bouncing. I was embarrassingly out of it and almost missed my flight home the next day but what a trip. For me though the 2007 LC final is my favourite. There was just something about that day that felt different, the game was in the bag with plenty time to spare and Sunshine on Leith that day was much better than it was in 2016.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2024, 10:12 AM

:agree: It was.

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2024, 10:14 AM

:wink:

Was magnificent was in a packed Rangers End Billy Bremner hit the post with a drive everyone swayed forward by the time we swayed back the ball was in the net thanks to Joe Jordan’s diving header

Scotland were going to the World Cup

Serious limbs

JeMeSouviens
09-02-2024, 10:16 AM
2 of my best came within a couple of weeks of each other - millenium derby 0-3 at Tiny and Scotland's glorious failure 0-1 over England at Wembley.

2016 cup final the best though. 20+ thousand emotional wrecks. :greengrin

Wavy
09-02-2024, 10:34 AM
Hibs v AEK.

Scotland v Wales at murrayfield, 104,000 crowd, 1975?

Sent from my SM-P613 using Tapatalk

DIXIHIBS
09-02-2024, 11:04 AM
Outside of the cup final, the second d free kick by Griffiths against England and the euro96 game against Holland. Holte End was incredible.

I was in the back row of the Holte End that day. The noise was unreal. The Dutch made a fair racket as well. My mate had a few too many before before the game and fell asleep. To this day I don't know how anyone could sleep through that noise.

Hibeesdaft16
09-02-2024, 11:06 AM
AEK or Souness first game in charge of the previous Rangers. The 0-3 Cup win at Ibrox was a different type of atmosphere as the result was never in doubt after Gary's opener.

7,000 hibees shouting we are the people :greengrin:greengrin

Hibeesdaft16
09-02-2024, 11:08 AM
I'll second that. All the riot polis outside after the Arfur fight.

Ahem, third it :wink::greengrin

micksoo
09-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Other than Hibs
England v Scotland Euro ‘96 Wembley - lost 2-0 but amazing atmosphere

EGL2000
09-02-2024, 11:56 AM
Slightly cheating, but red star Vs Partizan basketball match. Different level of support over there was absolute carnage. Would highly recommend Belgrade for anyone who hasn't been!

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2024, 12:01 PM
Slightly cheating, but red star Vs Partizan basketball match. Different level of support over there was absolute carnage. Would highly recommend Belgrade for anyone who hasn't been!

The party boats are quite interesting to say the least. 😲

Hiber-nation
09-02-2024, 12:04 PM
That's mine too, dont know how many were there, but even to this day it's the best by a mile for me, waay above Leeds twice and Liverpool and even whisper it 21-5-16. :wink:

We were right at the front of the East at the centre circle. At one point in the 2nd half, possibly after the 2nd goal there was this massive deafening roar....me and my mate just looked at each other in awe of what was going on.

Chipper1875
09-02-2024, 01:05 PM

Yeah for old ER , Souness game was incredible. Terracing was electrifying.

Videoton and Anderlect away was a quality atmosphere.

ancient hibee
09-02-2024, 01:18 PM
Best Hibs v Barcelona

Best Scotland-beating England at Hampden for the first time since before the war.

Rugby winning the grand slam against England.

Other-Lachie Stewart winning 10,000 metres at Commonwealth Games (1970)

Pagan Hibernia
09-02-2024, 01:26 PM
Outside Hibs it would a Argentine football. Boca was obviously great but I was even more impressed by the San Lorenzo fans in their stadium and Newells Old Boys where you could actually feel the concrete bouncing under your feet.

When I lived in Manchester I also went to a couple of FC United games in their inaugural season (more out of curiosity than anything). Would have been 2005/06. Incredible noise from around 3,000 people. Full of righteous fury and anger.

VoltaireHibs
09-02-2024, 02:26 PM
Murrayfield stadium, 60,000 fans, folk all over the pitch , the singing never stopped despite the weather, and it was the greatest individual performance I've ever witnessed.

David Bowie, 1983. 😁

And it was ten quid a ticket! Jeeze, just realised it was over 40 years ago. 😭😭

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2024, 02:37 PM
Murrayfield stadium, 60,000 fans, folk all over the pitch , the singing never stopped despite the weather, and it was the greatest individual performance I've ever witnessed.

David Bowie, 1983. 😁

And it was ten quid a ticket! Jeeze, just realised it was over 40 years ago. 😭😭

Was there first ones on the pitch me and my Mrs sprinting to the front to grab our place by the barrier

Oh to be young again

Rebel Rebel

VoltaireHibs
09-02-2024, 02:39 PM
Was there first ones on the pitch me and my Mrs sprinting to the front to grab our place by the barrier

Oh to be young again

Rebel Rebel

The atmosphere when he walked out on stage was like nothing I've felt before or since. I was 15, skived off school and went with a mate. Absolutely incredible experience. Sadly if he was playing now my paper round money wouldn't get me a sniff of a ticket. My niece went to see Harry Styles and paid 160 quid for her ticket. What an utter disgrace.

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2024, 02:53 PM
The atmosphere when he walked out on stage was like nothing I've felt before or since. I was 15, skived off school and went with a mate. Absolutely incredible experience. Sadly if he was playing now my paper round money wouldn't get me a sniff of a ticket. My niece went to see Harry Styles and paid 160 quid for her ticket. What an utter disgrace.

x 4 for Taylor Swift at Murrayfield

You just wouldnae would ye ?

penihibs
09-02-2024, 03:06 PM
7,000 hibees shouting we are the people :greengrin:greengrin

That was a brilliant day, the huns faces!

weecounty hibby
09-02-2024, 03:45 PM
Other than Hibs
I was there too. The half time sing and dancealong in the Scotland end was brilliant. I had pals in the England end that day and they said that everyone around them was just looking on in amazement

CropleyWasGod
09-02-2024, 03:49 PM
Other than Hibs

I was there too. The half time sing and dancealong in the Scotland end was brilliant. I had pals in the England end that day and they said that everyone around them was just looking on in amazement

Thirded.

Rockin' All Over The World :not worth

brydekirk
09-02-2024, 03:58 PM
AEK ATHENS Brilliant night.

scm70nyd1973
09-02-2024, 04:04 PM
Souness sending off game was mental - what a day.

Last game we of the season at ER in early May ‘86 was a bit quiet until about 5-10 mins to go and it got a bit tasty - I’m so glad I came down from Aberdeen to see it - a few good pals didny 😂

O'Rourke3
09-02-2024, 04:46 PM
Moi aussi for Sporting. My second euro game and another 6 goals.....

Gig wise Motorhead at the Capital Aberdeen 1980. Tinnitus for about a week and all the wax gone from my ears.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Kato
09-02-2024, 04:58 PM
At Easter Road I would say AEK followed by the 6-2.

Sat right at the back of the Famous Five then. AEK I could swear the whole stand was moving, it was something else. Both night games incidentally...The AEK fans were brilliant too. Noisy and good natured in the main. Applauded the SoL rendition too.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Kato
09-02-2024, 05:05 PM
Best ever for me was Scotland against the Czechs at Hampden when Holton and Jordan scored, the true Hampden roar was incredible [emoji108]Was at that as a twelve year old.

https://youtu.be/OyQUI79WSW4?si=fzkEUqIV977JCJJx

Rare cap for George Connelly, who was a genius.

Bakerman
09-02-2024, 05:08 PM
The 1985 league cup semi final at Ibrox was a brilliant night. Despite being pummelled for most of the match, and the Davy Cooper free kick scored, we held on for an unlikely passage into the final. Both Cup Finals 2007 2016. The Millennium Derby was a blast. The Souness match, the Pierce o leary match, and the 1991 cup semi final at Hampden against rangers. These all stand out in my memory.

HoboHarry
09-02-2024, 05:10 PM
Anfield when Scotland beat Wales 2-0 about a million years ago. The bedlam when Kenny Dalglish scored the second was like nothing else I've ever felt at a football match. Oh and that Alan Rough save from John Toshack - unreal.

scoopyboy
09-02-2024, 05:15 PM
Anfield when Scotland beat Wales 2-0 about a million years ago. The bedlam when Kenny Dalglish scored the second was like nothing else I've ever felt at a football match. Oh and that Alan Rough save from John Toshak - unreal.

That was one of my favourite Scotland games, can't split that and Wembley 1977 and Scotland 3 Czechoslovakia 1 in a Hampden World Cup qualifier.

For Hibs I just can't see past the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, the Hibs fans were different class especially when 2-1 down.

HoboHarry
09-02-2024, 05:29 PM
That was one of my favourite Scotland games, can't split that and Wembley 1977 and Scotland 3 Czechoslovakia 1 in a Hampden World Cup qualifier.

For Hibs I just can't see past the 2016 Scottish Cup Final, the Hibs fans were different class especially when 2-1 down.
I was standing in the back of a UHAUL truck in Cleveland Ohio moving my son into his new apartment when SDG scored. Atmosphere was pretty great in the truck but my wife walked off before anyone saw me :faf::faf:

scm70nyd1973
09-02-2024, 06:31 PM
Random one here which I fechin loved.

Last game of the season at the Soapdodgers place.

They just had to turn up to qualify for Europe

We went 2 nil up (early doors - Evans double ?) and we sang “always look on the bright side of life” (their wee song at the time) non stop for the whole game.

Absolutely brilliant atmosphere - well at the real greens end.

Don’t think they were best pleased 🤭

Shrekko
09-02-2024, 07:32 PM
AEK for Hibs also.

Took my laddie to his first and to date only scotland game v Israel a couple years back when we won 3 - 2. That was some atmosphere that night

Funnily enough, the Scotland v Israel one was one that sprung to mind for me as well possibly because it was recent. I was in the South Upper and the place was literally shaking.

Hard to argue the AEK game from a Hibs perspective as well.

Potty78
09-02-2024, 07:37 PM
2 of my best came within a couple of weeks of each other - millenium derby 0-3 at Tiny and Scotland's glorious failure 0-1 over England at Wembley.

2016 cup final the best though. 20+ thousand emotional wrecks. :greengrin

At those 2 also, I'd add unbeatable derby and Holland play off at hampden👍

May21/05/16
09-02-2024, 07:40 PM
No1 21/05/2016
Non hibs one was
Wembley June 4 1977 England 1 Scotland 2

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Keith_M
09-02-2024, 08:06 PM
Rangers 0 Hibs 3 scottish cup Sproule OConnor Killen was the best Hibs game noise ive been to, pure bouncing joy.

35k Hibbies in harmony.
Absolutely fantastic.

Both of these, plus...

...when we beat Der Hun 3-1 in the recent semi final and, as strange as it might sound, the LC final against Der Hun at Celtc Park, 1993, where the packed east terrace was absolutely rocking.

https://youtu.be/vMTS-Y3C6eg?t=3748

ian cruise
09-02-2024, 08:15 PM
35k Hibbies in harmony.
Absolutely fantastic.

Surprised more folk aren't un agreement, beautiful moment. Whereas the Scottish Cup was the biggest release of tension known to man, by the time the final whistle blew we knew we'd won it, there was just a wonderful serene joyous moment of triumph in the snow.

stuart-farquhar
09-02-2024, 08:18 PM
The AEK fans were brilliant too. Noisy and good natured in the main. Applauded the SoL rendition too.

Not the experience I had in Athens. Nasty mob.

Hibbyradge
09-02-2024, 08:19 PM
x 4 for Taylor Swift at Murrayfield

You just wouldnae would ye ?

Well, eh...

Kato
09-02-2024, 08:21 PM
Not the experience I had in Athens. Nasty mob.Aye, no doubt. Talking about their crowd at ER.

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2024, 08:27 PM
Well, eh...

You didnae did ye ?

fat freddy
09-02-2024, 09:05 PM
Worthy of a mention despite not being in the top three...
Anderlecht away, 2-2 draw. Crazy night
Dundee Utd at Tynie. Darren Jackson. 1-0.
Archie goal at Tynie.

DH1875
09-02-2024, 09:06 PM
Sevilla v Betis in the away (Betis) end. 2-2 draw and absolute mayhem inside and outside the stadium. Folk were shooting guns and everything. Couple of folk were even shot.

We played celtic away midweek early/mid 90s. Game finished 1-1 and maybe a couple hundred Hibs fans there at most. Was an unbelievable night and one of the best supports I've been in as we sang non stop for the whole game and bounced about that terrace.
Clydebank were playing Aberdeen that night in the Scottish cup and we played the winner in the semi. We all thought we were gonna be playing Clydebank as they were winning so we were bouncing. Aberdeen ended up beating them though.

Donegal Hibby
09-02-2024, 09:39 PM
35k Hibbies in harmony.
Absolutely fantastic.

I was there with my dad and to see us lift the cup was fantastic , Hibs support were amazing from start to finish even though it was Baltic . Very special memories of that day :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/HTV9m9-zh6I?si=47iuxycBW9jWUQX0

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2024, 09:51 PM
Anfield when Scotland beat Wales 2-0 about a million years ago. The bedlam when Kenny Dalglish scored the second was like nothing else I've ever felt at a football match. Oh and that Alan Rough save from John Toshack - unreal.

We followed a bus from the outskirts of Edinburgh all the way down to Liverpool, and they had made a curtain out of a flag which hid a couple of (ladies) from the rest of the bus at the back.

The ladies were kept occupied all the way down. :wink: I remember coming back to the bus and there was a big crowd looking in at the back all eating fish and chips.

The game is hazy apart from when we scored, we were in the kop and ended up miles away from where we were standing both times. :greengrin

HoboHarry
09-02-2024, 09:59 PM
We followed a bus from the outskirts of Edinburgh all the way down to Liverpool, and they had made a curtain out of a flag which hid a couple of (ladies) from the rest of the bus at the back.

The ladies were kept occupied all the way down. :wink: I remember coming back to the bus and there was a big crowd looking in at the back all eating fish and chips.

The game is hazy apart from when we scored, we were in the kop and ended up miles away from where we were standing both times. :greengrin

All those years ago and all of this time I thought it was only Wales that got royally ****** that night.....:greengrin

Frogga
09-02-2024, 10:01 PM
Less obvious shouts for me are the 3-0 win over Hearts in the cup (when Shinnie popped a long-range effort through Jack Hamilton's gloves) - the atmosphere was incredible that night.

Also the 2-1 defeat to Italy at Hampden back in 2007. It was a tea time kick off and I can't remember many games in Scotland that were that highly anticipated. The noise when Barry Ferguson scored was amazing.

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
09-02-2024, 10:04 PM

I was there, i was faitly sure it was £25, although maybe that’s the posh seat pricing then? :greengrin Seemed extortion at the time. Icehouse and Thompson twins support, what a main course from the great man.

Hibby70
09-02-2024, 10:12 PM
Bear with me on this one. But the first derby at Easter Road after the Mercer takeover.

Forgetting the score but the atmosphere was just mental, both inside and outside the stadium. Folk trying to batter down the metal gate, fans running on the pitch, battles on London Road/Leith Walk. Just crazy all round.

HendoDelivered
09-02-2024, 10:34 PM
In no particular order:

Ibrox away scottish cup 0-3
Scottish cup replay vs Hearts under Stubbs
3-1 Derby under Lennon
The Natural Order Derby
Dnipro at home
2007 cup final

Musselbound
09-02-2024, 11:08 PM
As horrible as it is to say I always thought the old Rangers Champions League atmospheres sounded amazing on the TV. Around the Advocaat era when they were allowed to sing the full version of the Tuna Turner song.

We're Simply John West?

lugz
09-02-2024, 11:10 PM
A lot of similar games to previously mentioned:
6-2
Athens home game
2-1 Tynie (shiels winner)
Scotland 1 Holland 0

A very random one but big shout out to those in the international bar in Glasgow during the Falkirk semi final, as many did we left at 3-0 went to the pub and it was packed with hibs fans, by the time we scored the 4th there was beer flying everywhere, people on tables etc was wild :greengrin

Auckland Hibs
09-02-2024, 11:55 PM
35k Hibbies in harmony.
Absolutely fantastic.

Hampden in the snow. Still probably my favorite Hibs game

Unfortunately didn't make it back for 2016 😫

Celtic V Liverpool at Parkhead, fundraiser for the Hillsborough disaster. YNWA still brings goosebumps thinking about it.

Bakerman
10-02-2024, 12:15 AM
Hampden in the snow. Still probably my favorite Hibs game

Unfortunately didn't make it back for 2016 ��

Celtic V Liverpool at Parkhead, fundraiser for the Hillsborough disaster. YNWA still brings goosebumps thinking about it.

Aye, 2007, that was a beautiful day at Hampden. What jars on me though, was that I had a spare ticket, asked my nephew if he wanted it, he jumped at it. Gave him it for nothing. At half time I asked if he'd go get the pies. He went ballistic, I got the pies the last time we went to the football together he said, and no chance he was buying them. Dearie me. Anyway I went and got the pies for us. Never forgot that. Tight as a ducks.

Anyway, aside from that, 2016 will always be the best day out for everyone that was there, and I was fortunate to be there. Simply unbelievable. Never to be forgotten.

s2hart
10-02-2024, 05:17 AM
35k Hibbies in harmony.
Absolutely fantastic.

I remember when Killie pulled one back to 3-1 the nervous energy and tension around the ground was quite intense, then the relief when the 4th went in or maybe it was just me! What fantastic day and night that was.

Chorley Hibee
10-02-2024, 06:15 AM
A lot of similar games to previously mentioned:
6-2
Athens home game
2-1 Tynie (shiels winner)
Scotland 1 Holland 0

A very random one but big shout out to those in the international bar in Glasgow during the Falkirk semi final, as many did we left at 3-0 went to the pub and it was packed with hibs fans, by the time we scored the 4th there was beer flying everywhere, people on tables etc was wild :greengrin

I was one of those fans in the International Bar that afternoon.

As you say, some scenes. 🤣

Chorley Hibee
10-02-2024, 06:20 AM
Worthy of a mention despite not being in the top three...
Anderlecht away, 2-2 draw. Crazy night
Dundee Utd at Tynie. Darren Jackson. 1-0.
Archie goal at Tynie.

The celebrations in the rain when Archie buried that shot were something else.

9 year old and I thought I was going to die in the bedlam. 🤣

The Baldmans Comb
10-02-2024, 06:51 AM
Hibs: The Souness game.

Scotland: v Sweden: Genoa 1990.

Others: Ajax v Dortmund Champions League QF 1997.

Worst: Scotland v Brazil: Turin 1998.

VoltaireHibs
11-02-2024, 12:47 PM
I was there, i was faitly sure it was £25, although maybe that’s the posh seat pricing then? :greengrin Seemed extortion at the time. Icehouse and Thompson twins support, what a main course from the great man.

I totally forgot about Icehouse, Thompson Twins were pretty good though, but nothing will beat that gig for me, a combination of youth, music and atmosphere that can't be recaptured. I get excited about a nice decaf these days.

Bobby's Cinema
11-02-2024, 12:57 PM
A few lesser mentioned brilliant atmospheres

- 2-4 Killi away in the Scottish cup Griffiths hattrick - was electric in the away end, total defiance there was no way we weren't getting through.
- 1-0 derby win, Rob Jones in the cup quarter under the lights the east was bouncing.
- 0-1 casper derby, fondly remembered as my first win at Tynie

JeMeSouviens
11-02-2024, 02:03 PM
Random one I’d forgotten about. The play off 2nd leg at Airdrie. We were very nervous, fans and players. Airdrie missed a pen and then Darren Jackson took over. They were stuffed with old horrible Jambos, Gary Mackay, Kenny Black, Jimmy Sandison. Ended up quite joyful.

DH1875
11-02-2024, 02:58 PM
Sevilla v Betis in the away (Betis) end. 2-2 draw and absolute mayhem inside and outside the stadium. Folk were shooting guns and everything. Couple of folk were even shot.

We played celtic away midweek early/mid 90s. Game finished 1-1 and maybe a couple hundred Hibs fans there at most. Was an unbelievable night and one of the best supports I've been in as we sang non stop for the whole game and bounced about that terrace.
Clydebank were playing Aberdeen that night in the Scottish cup and we played the winner in the semi. We all thought we were gonna be playing Clydebank as they were winning so we were bouncing. Aberdeen ended up beating them though.

Just remembered the night Jim Leighton saved 3 pens against Partick Thistle in the league cup. Don't know how I forgot as broke my ankle in the celebrations. Somehow went from the top of the terrace to the bottom. Didn't even realise I broke my ankle at the time. Wasn't till later when the pain really kicked in and ended up having to go to the hospital.

Wilson
11-02-2024, 03:07 PM
Just remembered the night Jim Leighton saved 3 pens against Partick Thistle in the league cup. Don't know how I forgot as broke my ankle in the celebrations. Somehow went from the top of the terrace to the bottom. Didn't even realise I broke my ankle at the time. Wasn't till later when the pain really kicked in and ended up having to go to the hospital.

Just curious, did you tell them how you did it? Had a drunk uncle that 'slipped off a ladder' 😀

LancashireHibby
11-02-2024, 03:50 PM
A few lesser mentioned brilliant atmospheres

- 2-4 Killi away in the Scottish cup Griffiths hattrick - was electric in the away end, total defiance there was no way we weren't getting through.
- 1-0 derby win, Rob Jones in the cup quarter under the lights the east was bouncing.
- 0-1 casper derby, fondly remembered as my first win at Tynie

The stand at Killie was literally shaking that day. Really thought we were going to do it that year.

Greensunshine
11-02-2024, 04:01 PM
Easter Road - Hibs vs AEK Athens
Tremendous atmosphere

Hampden - Scotland vs England Rous Cup 1-0
Spine tingling goal celebrations

Two best places for atmosphere in the SPL has to Ibrox & Tynie.
Been a long time since there’s been a proper atmosphere at Easter Road.
That needs to change soon.

Ringothedog
12-02-2024, 04:38 PM
3-1 Scottish cup replay in 2017. The noise was incredible, I am sure i read that the roar from the 3rd goal was heard over 4 miles away

hfc-1875
12-02-2024, 04:44 PM
First time at ibrox - the Scottish cup game 3-0. Still remember the whole end doing the Hibees bounce was brilliant.

0-1 derby at tynie when riordan scored the pen with only half a stand of us there that night expecting to get battered!

El Classico last season Barca scored in the last min to win

Hibeesdaft16
12-02-2024, 04:47 PM
The stand at Killie was literally shaking that day. Really thought we were going to do it that year.

Great day that was. As was the Scottish Cup Quarters in 2000 when McManus scored an injury time winner down there. I thought the stand was going to collapse.

Since452
13-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Easter Road - Hibs vs AEK Athens
Tremendous atmosphere

Hampden - Scotland vs England Rous Cup 1-0
Spine tingling goal celebrations

Two best places for atmosphere in the SPL has to Ibrox & Tynie.
Been a long time since there’s been a proper atmosphere at Easter Road.
That needs to change soon.

Derbies and games against Celtic and Rangers under Lennon at Easter Road the atmospheres were special. The loudest i'd ever heard Easter Road was when we went 3-0 up against the huns in the 5-5 game. Spine tingling. Don't think we've come close since. Mind you we were pushing 18k Hibs fans in the stadium that day.