PDA

View Full Version : Bad decisions against Hibs

Donegal Hibby
08-02-2024, 03:39 PM
I'm not going to far back for mine which would be the goal Ross county got when Marshall was taken out or the penalty we should have had for a clear handball at Ibrox when we lead 2-1 .

Had our fair share of them over the years tbh . Is there any others that stick in your mind as being bad?

eastterrace
08-02-2024, 03:41 PM
I'm not going to far back for mine which would be the goal Ross county got when Marshall was taken out or the penalty we should have had for a clear handball at Ibrox when we lead 2-1 .

Had our fair share of them over the years tbh . Is there any others that stick in your mind as being bad?
Did Joe newell no get kicked in the head in the penalty area at ibrox and we got nothing.

Wull
08-02-2024, 03:48 PM
I dare say every club could point to an incident, but we seem to be the whipping boys of the VAR system, I would be pleased to seethe back of it, justification to bias.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-02-2024, 03:53 PM
Did Joe newell no get kicked in the head in the penalty area at ibrox and we got nothing.

Yes he did, booted right in the head and a clear penalty appeal brushed under the carpet.

JohnM1875
08-02-2024, 03:56 PM
I dare say every club could point to an incident, but we seem to be the whipping boys of the VAR system, I would be pleased to seethe back of it, justification to bias.

Spot on in both points. Every team thinks everything is against them. Bizarrely even both of the uglies. Always laugh when I hear them going on about refereeing decisions.

One Day Soon
08-02-2024, 03:56 PM
A 5-1 defeat to Aberdeen at home many years ago. The referee was some grey Einstein haired mother****er called Ferguson I recall.

In one game I think he managed to give them a penalty that wasn't, deny us a penalty that was, give them an offside goal, deny us an onside goal and liberally book Hibs players while avoiding any damage to Aberdeen. it may actually have been even worse than that.

Never been more angry at a game. Only time I seriously thought about waiting outside afterwards to give him a piece of my mind.

Real Emerald
08-02-2024, 04:05 PM

It would be great if someone had the time and access to footage to put a video together of the ones we should have got and ones that were given against us.

The trouble is the officials and the west coast commentators can always find a way to justify their decisions. If its for us then its not enough contact to award it, if its against the old firm then there was contact so the ref had to give it etc. The problem I have is the amount of times we don’t get a review and our bad calls seem to be happening against every team with nothing coming back our way. Why?

Donegal Hibby
08-02-2024, 04:14 PM

Couldn't actually remember that though see B4B-U says he did though , it did make me remember Morelos stamp on porto which he got away with at the time i think 🤔

truehibernian
08-02-2024, 04:19 PM
I don’t even think the first penalty was a penalty and totally agree with NM. The ball is a contested ball which both players go for and there’s a clash of heads - one player cones off worst. For me it’s a drop ball in the box. Second one was a penalty, all the more hauling that Kyogo’s shot was straight at Marsh and I don’t think Joe’s tackle was necessary or changed any direction of the shot.

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2024, 04:20 PM
The Leigh Griffiths free kick against Hearts that was two feet over the line.

JohnM1875
08-02-2024, 04:24 PM
I don’t even think the first penalty was a penalty and totally agree with NM. The ball is a contested ball which both players go for and there’s a clash of heads - one player cones off worst. For me it’s a drop ball in the box. Second one was a penalty, all the more hauling that Kyogo’s shot was straight at Marsh and I don’t think Joe’s tackle was necessary or changed any direction of the shot.

Rodgers said he'd no idea what the first was given for as well.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-02-2024, 04:25 PM
A 5-1 defeat to Aberdeen at home many years ago. The referee was some grey Einstein haired mother****er called Ferguson I recall.

In one game I think he managed to give them a penalty that wasn't, deny us a penalty that was, give them an offside goal, deny us an onside goal and liberally book Hibs players while avoiding any damage to Aberdeen. it may actually have been even worse than that.

Never been more angry at a game. Only time I seriously thought about waiting outside afterwards to give him a piece of my mind.

I remember that game, was an absolute disgrace, even Alex Ferguson was embarrassed

truehibernian
08-02-2024, 04:27 PM
I remember that game, was an absolute disgrace, even Alex Ferguson was embarrassed

Nick Walsh couldn’t wait to give it, also pulling Obita up ‘for a word’ just so he gets a wee close up on Sky too - his yellow was out before Martin landed on the deck too (if MB hadn’t been so theatric and just gone down it would have gone to VAR and it’s a penalty) - if Lennon thought Walsh had a great game then he’s clearly back on the bevvy !!

147lothian
08-02-2024, 04:33 PM
Rodgers said he'd no idea what the first was given for as well.

At least he's being honest, I still can't get over losing that game the first penalty was a joke, the second one would never have been given if it wasn't for VAR, it was a sign of the times we are living.

ancient hibee
08-02-2024, 04:36 PM
On Wednesday Celtic had the highest foul count (in BBC Stats)of any SPFL team at 18-we had 14. Quiz question -which team had 4 yellow cards and which team had 2?

truehibernian
08-02-2024, 04:37 PM
At least he's being honest, I still can't get over losing that game the first penalty was a joke, the second one would never have been given if it wasn't for VAR, it was a sign of the times we are living.

It’s a good use of VAR though as it was a penalty - the ineptness of how we run it here is there wasn’t even checks for the first one or Martin’s. That’s the fault in the system here, the officials. Hibs should grow a pair and challenge that.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2024, 05:17 PM

Rangers scoring whilst Andy Goram was knocked unconscious (was it Hateley?).

Hateley elbowing GBH to be left alone to slot home. There’s a theme there he was an absolute beast.

Hiber-nation
08-02-2024, 05:24 PM

That's one of the worst along with the Paul Fenwick/Bobo Balde incident.

Carheenlea
08-02-2024, 05:25 PM

I remember that being the first time I was able to access a still image within a minute or so which showed the ball a yard over the goal line.

Felt like space age technology being sent a photo on the phone from a friend watching on TV. As the image was shared with those sat around you could see others with similar technology passing phones about before the East was a sea of red faces as blood pressure rose and anger erupted as the miscarriage of justice became clear!

Kato
08-02-2024, 05:33 PM
I remember that being the first time I was able to access a still image within a minute or so which showed the ball a yard over the goal line.

Felt like space age technology being sent a photo on the phone from a friend watching on TV. As the image was shared with those sat around you could see others with similar technology passing phones about before the East was a sea of red faces as blood pressure rose and anger erupted as the miscarriage of justice became clear!Linesman told the players it wasn't over then after said he hadn't seen.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Waxy
08-02-2024, 05:44 PM
If last night was flipped and the Celtic guy headed a Hibs defender like that it wouldnt be seen as a foul.
How can an unfortunate clash of heads be given as afoul?
In every clash of of heads someone goes in with a bit more force.
Havent seen anyone penalised for it for a penalty until last night.
Then the second one.If it was us it wouldnt have been mentioned and swept under the carpet.
I wonder if the var team are listening to the commentators as they watch?

Wull
08-02-2024, 05:57 PM

BILLYHIBS
08-02-2024, 06:04 PM
Was Olly Shaw’s shot at Tiny no over the line ?

Kato
08-02-2024, 06:13 PM
Was Olly Shaw’s shot at Tiny no over the line ?...also Cummings in the 2 all Scottish Cup game, not offside. Jordan Foster goal called offside when he was 4 or 5 yards on. Darren McGregor header at ER.

BILLYHIBS
08-02-2024, 06:16 PM
Referee allowing play to continue at Parkhead when Jim Leighton was off injured and Hibs were contemplating putting Darren Jackson in goal effectively a free hit

Who knew ?

Jim44
08-02-2024, 08:18 PM

The best and most appropriate typo or auto-correct I’ve seen for a while. :greengrin

21sMay
08-02-2024, 08:29 PM
Since the introduction of VAR, the ones I remember that stand out.

1. Aberdeen away, duk penalty.
2. Foul on Marshall away at Ross county.
3. Jeggo sent off at mcdirmaid park.
4. Foul on vente for Killie goal
5. Boyle semi final
6. Penalty given to st mirren in paisley
7. Boyle last night
8. Hand ball last night .

Probably many,many more but that's just off the top of my head . Loads of points lost during that run due to these decisions

Diclonius
08-02-2024, 08:42 PM
...also Cummings in the 2 all Scottish Cup game, not offside. Jordan Foster goal called offside when he was 4 or 5 yards on. Darren McGregor header at ER.

Can only think of one equivalent bad decision for them - Dikamona last minute header ruled out because one of their offside players was ostensibly interfering with play.

That's it.

wookie70
08-02-2024, 08:45 PM
If last night was flipped and the Celtic guy headed a Hibs defender like that it wouldnt be seen as a foul.
How can an unfortunate clash of heads be given as afoul?
In every clash of of heads someone goes in with a bit more force.
Havent seen anyone penalised for it for a penalty until last night.
Then the second one.If it was us it wouldnt have been mentioned and swept under the carpet.
I wonder if the var team are listening to the commentators as they watch?

First time I have seen a penalty like the first too. If you use the explanation some of the pundits did that it was like a tackle with a player arriving slightly late then that would be applied to any part of the body surely. Barring free headers there would be a foul every time a player headed the ball. I'd bet we won't ever see one of those again and no chance any team outside the Uglies gets that award. The winner was another that you will see lots of similar tackles where the shot gets away and there is contact afterwards. Our two were far more obvious penalties and we ended up with a player booked.

LaMotta
08-02-2024, 09:26 PM
List since Var came in. Videos linked for older clips to jog memory.

VAR Gets it obviously wrong against us:

Sands clear handball v Rangers at Ibrox in box. No on field decision, VAR ignored - https://twitter.com/Chrisfinn2703/status/1624821115540459520
Duk Dives at Pittodrie in box - VAR looks at the dive for 4 minutes then concludes penalty - https://twitter.com/fergus_wright/status/1588632193370583041
Marshall clearly fouled at Ross County - no foul given, goal for Ross county and costs us the win - https://twitter.com/Barlosthecat/status/1620540363126755328
Youan sent off at Celtic for being fouled himself - second yellow, not sure if VAR can intervene - but if not why not - https://twitter.com/Malky1875/status/1637114596640129025
Rubezic elbow on Youan when we beat Aberdeen - Clear red - VAR ignores. https://twitter.com/Barlosthecat/status/1698350176165888321/video/1
Ventes goal bound shot handled v Hearts - No red despite it stopping a goal.
Vente Own Goal at Killie - Clearly fouled, VAR ignores
St Mirren Penalty at ER -penalty given despite no evidence it hits hand and also that it comes off thigh first.
Maolida shirt pull v St Mirren - VAR ignores clear foul in box, despite numerous shirt pulls being given all season.
Boyle clipped v Celtic in box - Booked for diving and No VAR check
Ralston Handball in box v Celtic- No VAR check.

I've probably missed some.

Another dodgy one is the Boyle offside in the semi v Sheep. Camera at Hampdens' missing so lines drawn from a ridiculous angle. Still not convinced he was off. Also Vente challenged by keeper in same game, no pen - same challenge next day penalty to Rangers.

When has it genuinely helped us? Not very often. 2 red cards v Killie - both debatable but not clear errors. Red Card for Cochrane in derby at Tynie, but then takes away pen, so mixed. Not really a great benefit as Red was the right decision. Have I missed any in our favour? If I have it wont come near to equalling the list above.:cb

Kato
08-02-2024, 09:30 PM

Sands clear handball v Rangers at Ibrox in box. No on field decision, VAR ignored - https://twitter.com/Chrisfinn2703/status/1624821115540459520
Duk Dives at Pittodrie in box - VAR looks at the dive for 4 minutes then concludes penalty - https://twitter.com/fergus_wright/status/1588632193370583041
Marshall clearly fouled at Ross County - no foul given, goal for Ross county and costs us the win - https://twitter.com/Barlosthecat/status/1620540363126755328
Youan sent off at Celtic for being fouled himself - second yellow, not sure if VAR can intervene - but if not why not - https://twitter.com/Malky1875/status/1637114596640129025
Rubezic elbow on Youan when we beat Aberdeen - Clear red - VAR ignores. https://twitter.com/Barlosthecat/status/1698350176165888321/video/1
St Mirren Penalty at ER -penalty given despite no evidence it hits hand and also that it comes off thigh first.
Maolida shirt pull v St Mirren - VAR ignores clear foul in box, despite numerous shirt pulls being given all season.

Another dodgy one is the Boyle offside in the semi v Sheep. Camera at Hampdens' missing so lines drawn from a ridiculous angle. Still not convinced he was off. Also Vente challenged by keeper in same game, no pen - same challenge next day penalty to Rangers.

When has it genuinely helped us? Not very often. 2 red cards v Killie - both debatable but not clear errors. Red Card for Cochrane in derby at Tynie, but then takes away pen, so mixed. Not really a great benefit as Red was the right decision. Have I missed any in our favour? If I have it wont come near to equalling the list above.:cbHearts defender should have been sent off in the derby, handball stopping a goal attempt.

JammyDoidger
08-02-2024, 09:31 PM
Hibs get it worse than any other club, but when you say it to supporters of other teams you sound like a clown, but it is true, we get shafted constantly, very rarely do we get a decision for us that swings a game.

LaMotta
08-02-2024, 09:32 PM
Hearts defender should have been sent off in the derby, handball stopping a goal attempt.

:agree: You are right - I have added that.

LaMotta
08-02-2024, 09:37 PM
Hibs get it worse than any other club, but when you say it to supporters of other teams you sound like a clown, but it is true, we get shafted constantly, very rarely do we get a decision for us that swings a game.

I think that Dundee and Killie particularly have had a few dodgy ones. Livvy def have recently (McCausland dive!?!?). Hearts have a had a fair few for them, but also some shockers against.

I think there is no doubt we have had the most against us, but as a club we haven't really shouted about it. Johnson did last season a bit. Monty has been silent until last night.

matty_f
08-02-2024, 09:40 PM

When has it genuinely helped us? Not very often. 2 red cards v Killie - both debatable but not clear errors. Red Card for Cochrane in derby at Tynie, but then takes away pen, so mixed. Not really a great benefit as Red was the right decision. Have I missed any in our favour? If I have it wont come near to equalling the list above.:cb

I asked for fans of other teams to share decisions that had gone against them when they were playing us and the only one that I got was Holt's red card for Livi last season, which, to be honest, I think was the right decision.

LaMotta
08-02-2024, 09:42 PM
I asked for fans of other teams to share decisions that had gone against them when they were playing us and the only one that I got was Holt's red card for Livi last season, which, to be honest, I think was the right decision.

Yeh think that whilst he was unlucky - it is a red these days. Quite telling that was the only one you uncovered. It's very strange.

Kato
08-02-2024, 09:47 PM
FWIW Jambo pal in the work recognises that we get it tight on general. He watched the whole game on telly last night and actually came over to me to say last night was particularly brutal. Not that he loses any sleep over it. Remember they in general don't do well decision wise against the cheeks. While IMHO they get soft awards when playing the rest of the clubs.

Keepthefaith
08-02-2024, 10:14 PM

someone needs to send this in to Ben and ask how we are going to ask some awkward questions. must include how the Boyle trip wasn't reviewed, their handball wasn't either or the tug on Maolida. I do think Joe's challenge was a pen, which is really unfortunate given what a good game he had, but I agree we seem to be disproportionately impacted by VAR ignoring our claims whilst bending over backwards to give decisions against us. just sick of it!

matty_f
08-02-2024, 10:18 PM
someone needs to send this in to Ben and ask how we are going to ask some awkward questions. must include how the Boyle trip wasn't reviewed, their handball wasn't either or the tug on Maolida. I do think Joe's challenge was a pen, which is really unfortunate given what a good game he had, but I agree we seem to be disproportionately impacted by VAR ignoring our claims whilst bending over backwards to give decisions against us. just sick of it!

They’re handball couldn’t have been reviewed, that’s one that you’d need several looks at to see exactly where the contact was - it looks like it could have
hit him in the face but also looks like it came off his arm - there’s no way that could have been forensically checked to the extent that the penalty at the end of the match was in the time between the incident and play restarting.

Hibs should be all over this and the Boyle one, I’m still raging about that.

LaMotta
08-02-2024, 10:50 PM
They’re handball couldn’t have been reviewed, that’s one that you’d need several looks at to see exactly where the contact was - it looks like it could have
hit him in the face but also looks like it came off his arm - there’s no way that could have been forensically checked to the extent that the penalty at the end of the match was in the time between the incident and play restarting.

Hibs should be all over this and the Boyle one, I’m still raging about that.

Yeh on that Ralston handball - you are right you cant actually tell if it hits his hand or face. But they didn't even stop to check it all as in sometimes the ref puts hand to ear and halts the game until check over - and screen and Baz Wilkins will tell you they are looking at it. Then they might dismiss it fairly quickly or have a proper look and give it. This didn't even get that. Neither did the Boyle one.

Yet you feel like they are desperate to find incidents up the other end.

JJP
08-02-2024, 11:11 PM
I remember VAR giving us a goal at Livi that was flagged for offside last season but I’m struggling to think of any other times we have benefitted that haven’t been mentioned already.

JimBHibees
09-02-2024, 05:48 AM
Yeh on that Ralston handball - you are right you cant actually tell if it hits his hand or face. But they didn't even stop to check it all as in sometimes the ref puts hand to ear and halts the game until check over - and screen and Baz Wilkins will tell you they are looking at it. Then they might dismiss it fairly quickly or have a proper look and give it. This didn't even get that. Neither did the Boyle one.

Yet you feel like they are desperate to find incidents up the other end.

Thought it was definitely arm and seemed to come off the defender next to him first. How that wasn't looked at was incredible on a night of incredible var decisions by Mr Dallas.

JimBHibees
09-02-2024, 05:53 AM
...also Cummings in the 2 all Scottish Cup game, not offside. Jordan Foster goal called offside when he was 4 or 5 yards on. Darren McGregor header at ER.

And there's a lot more than that in derbies at least three retrospective red cards all in the first half of games we didn't win. Collum reffed two of them.

nonshinyfinish
09-02-2024, 08:59 AM
Youan sent off at Celtic for being fouled himself - second yellow, not sure if VAR can intervene - but if not why not

I agree that this seems unfair, but the problem is that if VAR could intervene on second yellows, it would also have to check and potentially overrule every single possible yellow-card incident.

Otherwise, what happens if Youan's non-booking is the first one, but then he gets a second later that's nailed on?

Kato
09-02-2024, 09:01 AM
John O'Neil's laces coming undone.

Mon Dieu4
09-02-2024, 09:10 AM
The one that always gets me riled and not many people remember it is a midweek game against Celtc, John O'Neil dinked the ball past someone, got it on the other side and got brought down for a penalty, the linesman gave offside even though O'Neil had passed to himself, Martin O'Neil had basically run up the touchline and put the linesmans flag up for him

Hillsidehibby
09-02-2024, 09:33 AM
Ulrik Laursen lying on the pitch in the box with both hands on the deck at Ibrox. Rangers player shoots and it hits him on the arm. Guess what happens next?

stantonhibby
09-02-2024, 09:36 AM
Ulrik Laursen lying on the pitch in the box with both hands on the deck at Ibrox. Rangers player shoots and it hits him on the arm. Guess what happens next?

That was at Easter Road. Mike McCurry at his finest

LaMotta
09-02-2024, 09:49 AM
I agree that this seems unfair, but the problem is that if VAR could intervene on second yellows, it would also have to check and potentially overrule every single possible yellow-card incident.

Otherwise, what happens if Youan's non-booking is the first one, but then he gets a second later that's nailed on?

Yes fair points you are right. That one boils down to sheer incompetence from Steven McLean. I suppose it also adds to the pointlessness of VAR as it only sometimes gets involved in game changing decisions.

ekhibee
09-02-2024, 10:12 AM
The Griffiths one has always stood out for me as one of the worst ever decisions against Hibs and in the highlights package Craig Gordon was going on about how there was nothing wrong with the decision to disallow it, and that sums that ****in dick up, regardless of how good a keeper he is.

Gloucester Hibs
09-02-2024, 10:13 AM

Wasn’t the penalty Hearts got against us in the NY derby last year dodgy? Goal disallowed (for offside) so they bring it back for a different foul (Rocky handball?) which occurred after the ref had already blown. May have misremembered the sequence of events.

JeMeSouviens
09-02-2024, 10:20 AM

This one for me, but it was at ER. Mike McCurry aka the Simply the Best pastor. :rolleyes:

LaMotta
09-02-2024, 10:36 AM
Wasn’t the penalty Hearts got against us in the NY derby last year dodgy? Goal disallowed (for offside) so they bring it back for a different foul (Rocky handball?) which occurred after the ref had already blown. May have misremembered the sequence of events.

I think that one was fair game in terms of the sequence of events etc - there was however a very strong shout for a foul on Joe Newell before the handball by Rocky. It was of course ignored by VAR but had other teams been involved I think we know it would have been picked up on.

Stubbsy90+2
09-02-2024, 10:37 AM

This one and Falkirk at ER in the playoffs when the boy put his hand on the ball and rolled it towards him in the box. To make it worse, the boy trips Henderson up off the ball afterwards in the middle of the box for no apparent reason. 2 stonewallers in about 3 seconds.

Lester B
09-02-2024, 10:43 AM
This one and Falkirk at ER in the playoffs when the boy put his hand on the ball and rolled it towards him in the box. To make it worse, the boy trips Henderson up afterwards in the middle of the box for no apparent reason. 2 stonewallers in about 3 seconds.

Saw this thread and was going to post the same incident(s). Had a perfect view of the handball. Still do not believe the referee didn't give that. It was the very definition of blatant

The Baldmans Comb
09-02-2024, 10:44 AM
How many times did Hibs ever stand up for themselves and make any sort of push back.?

Many of these decisions are
utterly scandalous and something Hearts and Aberdeen would never stand for.

Its OK the answer is absolutely "Hee Haw" brought to you from the SPL's sappiest club by far.😪

Kato
09-02-2024, 11:01 AM
Craig Thomson, whose bias against us was proven years ago on here by some very in depth statistical analysis, coincidently stopped his nonsense in Hibs games just as the Romanov money dried up over the road.

Mon Dieu4
09-02-2024, 01:17 PM
Also forgot about the two yellow cards and no red card game, thought I was ready to spontaneously combust that day

Broken Gnome
09-02-2024, 01:27 PM
Rangers second goal when they beat us 2-0 in the Championship, first season we were down. Paul Hanlon got clattered midair and Collum just shrugged his shoulders. Most baffled I've ever been by a non-foul.

Dobosz83
09-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Hearts 2012 penalty in THAT game. The shirt pull wasn't even close to the box, it was actually miles outside and it got glossed over due to how poorly we played. It was almost justified for that reason.

I also remember Ryan Stevenson clattering James McPake at Tynecastle in what was a straight red everyday off the week, studs up lunge around knee height... Naturally, he never saw red until the retrospective action kicked in after. Pretty sure we lost that game.

Stairway 2 7
09-02-2024, 02:22 PM
Not sure if it's been put up previously but I just saw this clash of heads that wasn't a penalty against celtic in the cup final

https://twitter.com/MBS1872__/status/1755716907330658660/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1755716907330658660&currentTweet=1755716907330658660&currentTweetUser=MBS1872__&currentTweetUser=MBS1872__

Greensunshine
09-02-2024, 02:24 PM
There’s been two good goals that have crossed the line against Hearts in two separate games not given.

I think one was Griffiths at Easter Road and the other was at Tynie.

Both were absolutely devastating at the time. We need all the luck we can get against that lot and to be cheated out of a perfectly good goal is soul destroying!

BILLYHIBS
09-02-2024, 02:26 PM
Hibs 0 v 5 Aberdeen

All over them getting gubbed 0-5 fans right behind the team and still the Ref gives us nothing

Nothing has really changed lol

https://youtu.be/1zlbrNoRrkU?si=dBNTIyYtNl22QXaB

basehibby
09-02-2024, 02:36 PM
There’s been two good goals that have crossed the line against Hearts in two separate games not given.

I think one was Griffiths at Easter Road and the other was at Tynie.

Both were absolutely devastating at the time. We need all the luck we can get against that lot and to be cheated out of a perfectly good goal is soul destroying!

Absolutely! I could have exploded with frustration at those incidents - in both cases the ball was about a metre over the line ffs!
Put together with the never ending stream of dodgy decisions that go against us you could be forgiven for concluding that refs have got it in for Hibs.
As it goes, the worst are not the obvious ones but the niggly fouls not given in midfield. When a ref shows slight but consistent bias to one team by letting them away with niggly fouls while giving them the other way it can totally turn a game on its head.
I've witnessed this plenty of times at ER. It never makes the headlines though as the incidents are minor in isolation.

KWJ
09-02-2024, 02:46 PM
Hibs 0 v 5 Aberdeen

All over them getting gubbed 0-5 fans right behind the team and still the Ref gives us nothing

That's brutal.

The 2nd over the line at Tynecastle was the 0-0 under Lennon. Oli Shaw scored it.

There was a game that Charlie Richmond reffed at home to Kilmarnock that was the worst I can remember seeing in the flesh. He turned the crowd toxic with his inept display, against both sides IIRC. Might have been Alan Freeman. Or maybe 2 different matches.

Kato
09-02-2024, 02:48 PM
As it goes, the worst are not the obvious ones but the niggly fouls not given in midfield. When a ref shows slight but consistent bias to one team by letting them away with niggly fouls while giving them the other way it can totally turn a game on its head.

Totally with you on that. Even in the 80s the fouls in midfield that the Baabaas and DunUtd would get that we would not. Subtly and effectively changes the flow of any match.

Kato
09-02-2024, 03:13 PM
Not sure if it's been put up previously but I just saw this clash of heads that wasn't a penalty against celtic in the cup final

https://twitter.com/MBS1872__/status/1755716907330658660/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1755716907330658660&currentTweet=1755716907330658660&currentTweetUser=MBS1872__&currentTweetUser=MBS1872__A two handed push in the back of a Hibs player wasn't a penalty in that game.

snedzuk
09-02-2024, 05:15 PM
Hibs 0 v 5 Aberdeen

I remember leaving this game feeling we'd been cheated out of all 5.

snedzuk
09-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Absolutely! I could have exploded with frustration at those incidents - in both cases the ball was about a metre over the line ffs!
Put together with the never ending stream of dodgy decisions that go against us you could be forgiven for concluding that refs have got it in for Hibs.
I've witnessed this plenty of times at ER. It never makes the headlines though as the incidents are minor in isolation.

Like Abada's four fouls in a row after he came on.

scoopyboy
09-02-2024, 05:23 PM
Worst decision (and probably most important) was Colin Campbell getting upended at Hampden in the first game in 1979 Scottish Cup Final.

Stone wall penalty that would have won the cup for us.

JimBHibees
09-02-2024, 05:26 PM
QUOTE=scoopyboy;7581808]Worst decision (and probably most important) was Colin Campbell getting upended at Hampden in the first game in 1979 Scottish Cup Final.

Stone wall penalty that would have won the cup for us.[/QUOTE]

Agree corrupt decision by Brian McGinlay

Waxy
09-02-2024, 07:19 PM
The more i think about Celtics first pen the angrier i feel
How can anyone foul intentionally with their head?
This ref is a clown.

Bakerman
09-02-2024, 07:28 PM
This ref is a clown.

Big Frank had two teeth knocked out in a head clash. There was no furore about it. It was just assumed to be accidental. Walsh couldn't give the spot kick quick enough.

Kaiser_Sauzee
09-02-2024, 10:59 PM
We will all remember Stevie Fulton being booked for being ugly. Was definitely a red card that one.

expresso
10-02-2024, 09:43 AM
Some great examples of this bias.
However the subtle ones get me almost as much.
We never seem to get the soft fouls when forward & centre half come together whilst conceding them frequently.

KWJ
10-02-2024, 10:25 AM
This ref is a clown.

Doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, he caught him late. Why is the head different to a boot?

Waxy
10-02-2024, 01:16 PM
Doesn't matter if it was intentional or not, he caught him late. Why is the head different to a boot?

So your saying pretty much every head clash is a foul?

LaMotta
10-02-2024, 03:38 PM
Craig Thomson, whose bias against us was proven years ago on here by some very in depth statistical analysis, coincidently stopped his nonsense in Hibs games just as the Romanov money dried up over the road.

I genuinely think there is something in that. I've said it numerous times before on here as well - but I'm convinced Romanov was bribing Zibby Malkowski.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-02-2024, 03:40 PM
This ref is a clown.

if that’s at the other end just listen to the pundits trot out the line in unison “a coming together” / “both fully committed”. moving on.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-02-2024, 03:42 PM
QUOTE=scoopyboy;7581808]Worst decision (and probably most important) was Colin Campbell getting upended at Hampden in the first game in 1979 Scottish Cup Final.

Stone wall penalty that would have won the cup for us.

Agree corrupt decision by Brian McGinlay[/QUOTE]

Was Mcginlay a teacher by profession?

Kato
10-02-2024, 04:01 PM
Agree corrupt decision by Brian McGinlay

Was Mcginlay a teacher by profession?[/QUOTE]https://youtu.be/5GNIcayXleU?si=HrklA_hJklV62C5w

27secs in

The_Sauz
11-02-2024, 11:59 AM
Then he gave Uirik a red card for deliberate hand ball, then he gave Tam McManus got a second yellow for complaining.:agree:

JimBHibees
11-02-2024, 01:42 PM
I genuinely think there is something in that. I've said it numerous times before on here as well - but I'm convinced Romanov was bribing Zibby Malkowski.

Certainly considered this.

JimBHibees
11-02-2024, 01:46 PM
Was Mcginlay a teacher by profession?

Not sure though have vague recollections of him being charged with an offence.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2024, 01:48 PM
Not sure though have vague recollections of him being charged with an offence.

From Wiki:-

In 1991 McGinlay was banned from driving for a year and fined £250 for failing to provide a sample when stopped on his way home from the Scottish Cup Final.

He was placed on the referees' list for the 1986 World Cup[4] but was later removed after being struck off the SFA list[5] due to personal reasons.

Kato
11-02-2024, 02:12 PM
From Wiki:-

In 1991 McGinlay was banned from driving for a year and fined £250 for failing to provide a sample when stopped on his way home from the Scottish Cup Final.

He was placed on the referees' list for the 1986 World Cup[4] but was later removed after being struck off the SFA list[5] due to personal reasons.There was another. Involving a gents toilet iirc.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2024, 02:23 PM
There was another. Involving a gents toilet iirc.

That'll be the "personal reasons" ?

Just_Jimmy
11-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Then he gave Uirik a red card for deliberate hand ball, then he gave Tam McManus got a second yellow for complaining.:agree:Mike mccurry. Cheat.

Mcmanus slapped him or something to be fair. Absolutely deserved.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
11-02-2024, 02:29 PM

That was the one I was thinking of

ChilliEater
11-02-2024, 02:33 PM

I used to work in a shop in the St Enoch Centre in Glasgow in the early 90's. Head of security was pals with my manageress and used to regularly pop in for a chat. Anyway, I'd say it's highly likely that you do, indeed, recall correctly.

Anthony Soprano
11-02-2024, 04:19 PM
How many times did Hibs ever stand up for themselves and make any sort of push back.?

Its OK the answer is absolutely "Hee Haw" brought to you from the SPL's sappiest club by far.😪

This. Annoys me far more than the decisions themselves. Never stand up for ourselves.

Hibee Daft
11-02-2024, 04:35 PM

The St Mirren one where the boy puts Marshall into his own net

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Yogi getting sent off at Tynecastle for ruffling a Hearts players hair. Stephane Paille?🤔

Just read that Paille died on his 52nd birthday which is obviously a great shame.

Hibeesdaft16
11-02-2024, 08:08 PM
The worst I can remember (sorry if been mentioned already) was Ully Laursen being fouled in the huns box, falling on the ball, pens to them and he got sent off. I'm sure that happened anyway. Brebner sent off in the Big Gaz derby winner was a farce too as was Fletcher in the Scottish Cup.

LaMotta
12-02-2024, 12:13 AM

Its OK the answer is absolutely "Hee Haw" brought to you from the SPL's sappiest club by far.��

This. Annoys me far more than the decisions themselves. Never stand up for ourselves.

Dundee Manager complained in the press the other day about a string of bad VAR calls against them:
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4890622/6-dundee-var-gripes-dismay-technology-grows/

Then today they have got one of the most ridiculous penalties you'll ever see against ST Johnstone for them as a result of VAR. Beyond belief - 2 mins into this clip:
https://twitter.com/aht1869/status/1756838726326473093

Levein calling it out after as he should: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4892501/craig-levein-st-johnstone-var-dundee/

percy veer
12-02-2024, 07:34 AM
What's annoying is all these soft pens are now deciding games, I'd bin them altogether give a indirect free kick

percy veer
12-02-2024, 07:38 AM

I think the last time was when paul mcginn called out cheating beaton after the final, push on hanlon and letting them take free kicks early, watch the next game he is involved in basically stands on the ball to stop us taking a free kick early. Never got much since

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-02-2024, 08:18 AM
Imagine the last week in the press if Rangers had been on the end of the 4 pen calls against Celtic like we were. It would be absolutely wild. Radio silence from us as always

Chorley Hibee
12-02-2024, 08:32 AM
Imagine the last week in the press if Rangers had been on the end of the 4 pen calls against Celtic like we were. It would be absolutely wild. Radio silence from us as always

We're cowards, on and off the pitch, as our players meekly accept these decisions as much as our management and board do.

Call them out at every opportunity and keep doing it until they listen.

I don't give a toss about the consequences any longer, as we're seeing the consequences of doing nothing playing out in front of our eyes each week.

Bristolhibby
12-02-2024, 08:45 AM
The double handball on the floor of the Falkirk defender in the Playoff semi final at ER.

Outrageous miss by the officiating team.

One minute in if you can bear it.

https://youtu.be/dzGCyKKyb6A?si=GmZCP_HUOZlGs8kL

J

eastterrace
12-02-2024, 09:02 AM
The double handball on the floor of the Falkirk defender in the Playoff semi final at ER.

Jto think that Stewart Lovell said it wasn’t a penalty due to that he had to put his hand somewhere.

Kato
12-02-2024, 09:08 AM

JThey didn't miss.

Also remember one of the p-hundits saying, "it's not a penalty as his hand has to be somewhere."

matty_f
12-02-2024, 10:26 AM
We're cowards, on and off the pitch, as our players meekly accept these decisions as much as our management and board do.

I don't give a toss about the consequences any longer, as we're seeing the consequences of doing nothing playing out in front of our eyes each week.

It's really frustrating. You don't need to be Statement FC to stand up for yourself, Hibs should absolutely be calling this **** out publicly.

It would be good if all the teams got together on it and challenged the decisions. The thing with VAR is you can no longer dismiss the bad decisions as 'honest mistakes' or put it down to the ref only having one look at it.

These incidents can be, and are (when it suits) reviewed forensically and there's n time limit on the decision to get to the right one.

A perfect example of how that's been used unfairly is the Celtic game on Wednesday night. How long did they spend on Celtic's penalty at the end of the game? There were freeze-frames, different angles, slow-mo (and I can't remember if the ref went to the screen or not but if he did then it suggests that the VAR review was to decide not only if it was inside or outside the box - the ref doesn't need to review that, VAR can give a matter of fact decision - but whether it was even a foul in the first place).

Boyle's booking for diving was over and done with in seconds. Where was the slow-mo, the different angles, the freeze-frames, and the ref review? And that decision ended up being clearly wrong and was a game changing decision.

HibeeMackenzie
12-02-2024, 11:28 AM
Dundee have lodged a complaint the sfa after the ref failed to stop the play after a “potentially life endangering” clash of heads. Literally 4 days after the Celtic penalty for a clash of heads

JimBHibees
13-02-2024, 09:11 AM
Dundee have lodged a complaint the sfa after the ref failed to stop the play after a “potentially life endangering” clash of heads. Literally 4 days after the Celtic penalty for a clash of heads

Did seem like very poor refereeing at the time. A clear head knock and ref played on as Dundee still had the ball.

JimBHibees
13-02-2024, 09:12 AM
I think the last time was when paul mcginn called out cheating beaton after the final, push on hanlon and letting them take free kicks early, watch the next game he is involved in basically stands on the ball to stop us taking a free kick early. Never got much since

Paul got a two game ban which was staggering to be honest. Can't remember any other player getting something similar.

JimBHibees
13-02-2024, 09:18 AM
It's really frustrating. You don't need to be Statement FC to stand up for yourself, Hibs should absolutely be calling this **** out publicly.

It would be good if all the teams got together on it and challenged the decisions. The thing with VAR is you can no longer dismiss the bad decisions as 'honest mistakes' or put it down to the ref only having one look at it.

These incidents can be, and are (when it suits) reviewed forensically and there's n time limit on the decision to get to the right one.

A perfect example of how that's been used unfairly is the Celtic game on Wednesday night. How long did they spend on Celtic's penalty at the end of the game? There were freeze-frames, different angles, slow-mo (and I can't remember if the ref went to the screen or not but if he did then it suggests that the VAR review was to decide not only if it was inside or outside the box - the ref doesn't need to review that, VAR can give a matter of fact decision - but whether it was even a foul in the first place).

Boyle's booking for diving was over and done with in seconds. Where was the slow-mo, the different angles, the freeze-frames, and the ref review? And that decision ended up being clearly wrong and was a game changing decision.

Couldn't agree more particularly your last point. Potentially puts us 2 1 ahead at a key point in the game. Even more galling when replays clearly showed a pen. Also the Ralston handball wasn't looked at either as game started immediately. Genuinely sickening the use of it. Dallas on var is as poor an off field ref than he was an onfield ref. Had a mare at the Rangers game also which again favoured the Glasgow team.

overdrive
13-02-2024, 03:07 PM
Couldn't agree more particularly your last point. Potentially puts us 2 1 ahead at a key point in the game. Even more galling when replays clearly showed a pen. Also the Ralston handball wasn't looked at either as game started immediately. Genuinely sickening the use of it. Dallas on var is as poor an off field ref than he was an onfield ref. Had a mare at the Rangers game also which again favoured the Glasgow team.

Shame his dad doesn't offer him a job in Turkey so we are spared his incompetence. I'm sure I read Dallas Jr claims he's "fond of Hibs". Fond of screwing us over more like (and yeah right anyone believes he isn't a Rangers fan like his old man).

hibsbollah
15-02-2024, 01:56 PM
This is how far Sparky's free kick was over the line in the 2013 derby. Another one of those derby draws when we battered them and it felt like two points dropped. Incredible. Or maybe not so incredible. https://attachments.office.net/owa/gyoung%40rbge.org.uk/service.svc/s/GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkAGQ5MTIzZjQzLWY0NTct NDgyYy1hMDJlLTM1NzIzNjA1N2NhYwBGAAADhLISJRhtBU%2Bq iP3Q4piEDgcAV4fvboccF0etbYgo3%2Ba07wAAAgEMAAAAV4fv boccF0etbYgo3%2Ba07wACFfiQbAAAAAESABAA%2FOG3K6DAgE CN30Z7Y2Qzzw%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkU1RDJGMEY4REE5 M0I2NzA5QzQzQTlFOEE2MTQzQzAzRDYyRjlBODAiLCJ0eXAiOi JKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiI1ZEx3LU5xVHRuQ2NRNm5vcGhROEE5WXZt b0EifQ.eyJvcmlnaW4iOiJodHRwczovL291dGxvb2sub2ZmaWN lLmNvbSIsInVjIjoiODgzZDE5MDNiZmFjNDJlZmIwNmQ1NzU0Z mM1YTc3ODEiLCJzaWduaW5fc3RhdGUiOiJbXCJkdmNfbW5nZFw iLFwiZHZjX2RtamRcIixcImttc2lcIl0iLCJ2ZXIiOiJFeGNoY W5nZS5DYWxsYmFjay5WMSIsImFwcGN0eHNlbmRlciI6Ik93YUR vd25sb2FkQGJiNjNiYjAwLTE3NWUtNDZiNy1iN2IzLWJjNzQxN ThlNGZkNCIsImlzc3JpbmciOiJXVyIsImFwcGN0eCI6IntcIm1 zZXhjaHByb3RcIjpcIm93YVwiLFwicHVpZFwiOlwiMTE1MzgwM TEyMTIxNzAyNzAwMlwiLFwic2NvcGVcIjpcIk93YURvd25sb2F kXCIsXCJvaWRcIjpcIjkzMWQxMzk2LWUyNmQtNDQ1NC04NjhiL TA1NjgwMzVlYTE4MlwiLFwicHJpbWFyeXNpZFwiOlwiUy0xLTU tMjEtMjc4OTcxMjI1OS0yOTAzMDA1NzI3LTM0OTMxNTQ4NzMtM zQyNjEwNzNcIn0iLCJuYmYiOjE3MDgwMDg5NjksImV4cCI6MTc wODAwOTU2OSwiaXNzIjoiMDAwMDAwMDItMDAwMC0wZmYxLWNlM DAtMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwQGJiNjNiYjAwLTE3NWUtNDZiNy1iN2I zLWJjNzQxNThlNGZkNCIsImF1ZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwMDAtM GZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMC9hdHRhY2htZW50cy5vZmZ pY2UubmV0QGJiNjNiYjAwLTE3NWUtNDZiNy1iN2IzLWJjNzQxN ThlNGZkNCIsImhhcHAiOiJvd2EifQ.KmaJCDu7dYkgUTJZehM1 Bb1VZXM04ewzV1p3U6X5G8EB_h_e3WtnU97ENr0OiWjsnLY_fS 9dXrBJrf9V-9-B3f2_O60maGPmmhbhUmiP_ptukdk5B-tmdrAogoJpcc4_6AFSdobwAAAklDO1ewjvKS6_t2FsD_7MTyIS GxtM7Mo_bMqAX0gLN6Zc8N_PO6k7aKCiL-kFUm1HRqjH1M_nCZAtv21gYBi_Q3PmC8DAzIIUJZSSa7vC875n vPbVlA39oVXZlEXr539i0T30rtKA-1xP3SZVBOoflQiV9Bf9kx53wImLWzc9WUDFMLFkaIizTClY81n tpIQXMWZ38m0mKg&X-OWA-CANARY=2vsTrht4okyEvWU6f1L4nFD-NEE2LtwYbin10EoCPL-W-1t9gsO1-8FjyexU3Wt2CcSZvBFOZFw.&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=20240202008.17&clientId=2AB4EF59448B467EAAB4055F9C2980C1&animation=true

matty_f
15-02-2024, 03:01 PM
The VAR review for the last round of games highlighted 13 incorrect VAR interventions.

Incredibly, none involved us.

JimBHibees
15-02-2024, 03:39 PM
Shame his dad doesn't offer him a job in Turkey so we are spared his incompetence. I'm sure I read Dallas Jr claims he's "fond of Hibs". Fond of screwing us over more like (and yeah right anyone believes he isn't a Rangers fan like his old man).

Fond of Hibs my hoop :greengrin

LaMotta
15-02-2024, 03:46 PM
The VAR review for the last round of games highlighted 13 incorrect VAR interventions.

Unbelievable.

JimBHibees
15-02-2024, 03:51 PM

Last round include the Celtic and St Mirren games? Who does the review?

hibsforeurope
15-02-2024, 06:09 PM

That’s because they just don’t review our contentious decisions. They all seem to happen on the var officials tea break.

Kato
15-02-2024, 06:41 PM
That’s because they just don’t review our contentious decisions. They all seem to happen on the var officials tea break.Agreed.

Saying that 13 is a lot.

Silky
15-02-2024, 06:49 PM

We've been like that for years. I've always said when Hanlon is captain, he's too quiet. Never moaning at refs, questioning things or being a nuisance. It seems to be the same with Newell as well. We need somebody who will stand up for their team mates, question the refs, put that seed of doubt in their minds.

franck sauzee
15-02-2024, 07:47 PM

We surely would have a very strong case regarding corruption if we took them to court. For a referee, var team, appeals team to all get so many decisions clearly wrong how can it be anything else?

I really hope Hibs are considering taking action

JimBHibees
15-02-2024, 09:58 PM
That’s because they just don’t review our contentious decisions. They all seem to happen on the var officials tea break.

Yep what are they basing the review on incidents reviewed by var or all incidents including ones not looked at by var at the time e.g Boyle v Celtic

gbhibby
15-02-2024, 10:00 PM

Was it not Willie Miller who was the ref that day

Chipper1875
16-02-2024, 07:36 AM

Incredible that day. I remember the linesman in front of the terracing, getting hit on his baldy head with a missile, cut him

PatHead
16-02-2024, 12:30 PM
Might as well close the thread as there have been no decisions against us. Think it is Sevco and Hearts most hard done by.

worcesterhibby
16-02-2024, 12:53 PM
We surely would have a very strong case regarding corruption if we took them to court. For a referee, var team, appeals team to all get so many decisions clearly wrong how can it be anything else?

I really hope Hibs are considering taking action

I think you'll find judges are all Masons too. That's how the establishment works

Alex Trager
17-02-2024, 02:52 PM
You can put that non peno into this thread for sure.

BILLYHIBS
17-02-2024, 02:57 PM
Quite a few today and it’s only half time

Aberdeen goal looked offside

greenlex
17-02-2024, 02:58 PM

No. Definitely onside.

ChilliEater
17-02-2024, 03:01 PM

Devlin was offside when the ball was played back in. Miovski was on and hit the shot. When he hit the shot Devlin was back onside and scored the rebound. In the past, the flag goes up against Devlin as soon as the first ball is played in. Now, I'm not so sure. Offside has become very complicated with phases of play etc.

The hand ball decision to play on actually caused my jaw to drop - as clear cut a penalty as you'll see. He actually moves his arm towards the ball to block it and it hits him just above the elbow.

BILLYHIBS
17-02-2024, 03:06 PM
Devlin was offside when the ball was played back in. Miovski was on and hit the shot. When he hit the shot Devlin was back onside and scored the rebound. In the past, the flag goes up against Devlin as soon as the first ball is played in. Now, I'm not so sure. Offside has become very complicated with phases of play etc.

The hand ball decision to play on actually caused my jaw to drop - as clear cut a penalty as you'll see. He actually moves his arm towards the ball to block it and it hits him just above the elbow.

Agree with this

HIBS NUTS
17-02-2024, 03:06 PM
You can put that non peno into this thread for sure.
100 percent a penalty
utterly ridiculous dicision

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2024, 05:05 PM
File today under corruption. That is the most blatant penalty you could ever wish to see.

To not even get the referee to look at it is just as scandalous as the reason not to award it.

I hope Hibs grow a ****ing set and call that out with a statement because that was nothing short of bent. Unbelievable. I’m still stunned that it wasn’t awarded and it was over two hours ago.

Broken Gnome
17-02-2024, 05:24 PM
Question to Kieran Power, and totally understand if this doesn't get as much detail as a supporter would want...

What's the club process each Monday with regards to footballing decisions, including VAR?

Is this done towards a board or director of football level? Or something coaches and assistants assess?

If we've identified that we've been hard done by (to put it mildly) then what process so clubs have in place? Does it vary and lies specific to Hibs or any other club, or is there something standardised?

VAR decisions obviously drive supporters nuts and in a more emotional way than it would employees of a club, but we don't simply shrug off such incidents do we?

GreenCastle
28-02-2024, 07:56 PM

Think you have a few more to add to the list.

Kavinho
28-02-2024, 08:12 PM
The 2 decisions against rangers at Easter road at the start of last season.
Penalty to them after a Rocky brush on the shirt, while the ball was practically in marshalls hands and then none given to us with a boy all over the striker with a ball chipped into the box

Not sure if VAR was involved in those though

Torto7
28-02-2024, 08:52 PM
Just walk off the next time it happens.

GreenCastle
28-02-2024, 09:16 PM
Kevin Clancy seems to have a history of bad mistakes in Hibs games.

Had issues with Hecky and Lennon too when at Hibs.

Not In The Know
28-02-2024, 11:08 PM
Just walk off the next time it happens.
100%. This season especially.

jakedance
29-02-2024, 05:30 AM
Since VAR came in the one thing you can say for Hibs is that these decisions don’t ’even themselves out over a season’. We’ve had a few breaks but it’s clear that we are consistently getting decisions against us that we’re not getting for us. There is far too much evidence of it now and it’s becoming so normalised I’m just expecting it every week.

Onion
29-02-2024, 05:52 AM
Since VAR came in the one thing you can say for Hibs is that these decisions don’t ’even themselves out over a season’. We’ve had a few breaks but it’s clear that we are consistently getting decisions against us that we’re not getting for us. There is far too much evidence of it now and it’s becoming so normalised I’m just expecting it every week.

The concept of "even it out" is a myth. Against Aberdeen (handball), St Mirren (non-pen), Celtic and now Hearts - these were all crucial decisions at key times that could affect the outcome of the game. If Hibs do start to get the odd dodgy decision in our favour, it will be at a time when it doesn't matter a jot.

SFA's problem is Hibs have rarely been enough goals ahead or behind in games for any evening out to be irrelevant - denying refs an opportunity.

Bobby's Cinema
29-02-2024, 06:01 AM
Another ridiculous first half decision last night that I could not move on from and pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the rest of the game.

That was a blatant case that the player has pulled out of the challenge before contact was made. What do you do when even presented with that footage and a team of officials telling him he's wrong, he still sticks by it.

At what point do they look at the fact a referee is basically stood in the wheatfield stand getting a look at these.

Aside from that there were another 5-10 fouls given by clancy over the course of the game that were just obvious con man jobs throwing themselves to ground and he gave it every time.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:42 AM
The concept of "even it out" is a myth. Against Aberdeen (handball), St Mirren (non-pen), Celtic and now Hearts - these were all crucial decisions at key times that could affect the outcome of the game. If Hibs do start to get the odd dodgy decision in our favour, it will be at a time when it doesn't matter a jot.

SFA's problem is Hibs have rarely been enough goals ahead or behind in games for any evening out to be irrelevant - denying refs an opportunity.

Probably cheated us out of five points there which would have had us comfortably in top 6 and chasing St Mirren.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 06:44 AM
Another ridiculous first half decision last night that I could not move on from and pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the rest of the game.

That was a blatant case that the player has pulled out of the challenge before contact was made. What do you do when even presented with that footage and a team of officials telling him he's wrong, he still sticks by it.

At what point do they look at the fact a referee is basically stood in the wheatfield stand getting a look at these.

Aside from that there were another 5-10 fouls given by clancy over the course of the game that were just obvious con man jobs throwing themselves to ground and he gave it every time.

Your last point is a good one it doesn't need to be key decisions it can be fouls given for them softly stopping us attacking or putting them in a decent position. The foul given to Cochrane in the first half at the edge of our box was a complete dive. Decent shooting opportunity for them.

Not In The Know
29-02-2024, 07:01 AM
Your last point is a good one it doesn't need to be key decisions it can be fouls given for them softly stopping us attacking or putting them in a decent position. The foul given to Cochrane in the first half at the edge of our box was a complete dive. Decent shooting opportunity for them.

Rocky’s early booking too.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 07:04 AM
Rocky’s early booking too.

Agree especially when he then let Cochrane away with a stick on booking.